2.77/5
Based on 162 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

164 Cohen's Fashion Optical Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

It has very good quality glasses that last. They are very trendy and not like what I grew up wearing. They come in many styles and colors and sizes. Some of them you can't even tell that you are wearing glasses because they are so light and clean looking. I am very active and need my glasses to stay put and not break and Cohen's provides that for me. I like that they can be made for anybody and everybody. But some of the glasses are pretty fragile because they are so trendy and lightweight. I would improve the price of them. They are a little on the pricey end of things but they are great quality so it would be tough.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I like how easy it is to find the right pair for you. Love how informative they were during the whole appointment. I was pleased to be in and out easily. It was super easy to make a decision with their help. Loved the experience, not hard at all. But, I did not like how long it took for me to make an appointment. It was a long waiting period before it was my turn even after my appointment was past due.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Cohen's optical offers so many options overall and They have so many frames to chose from, so it's easy to satisfy everyone. I like the materials they use and it's really easy to find frame shape that'll suit your face features. I like that they offer many designers and also accept many major insurances. They are willing to work out payment plans if you don't have insurance. They carefully tend to each customer to their specific needs, they have very experienced and knowledgeable employees and they help customer through the whole process with fitting, sizing and Overall comfort. Everything was good when I went there for fitting. I was welcomed and helped in very fast manner. Their waiting times though sometimes is pretty long.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

They were very courteous and knowledgeable of their business. The frames that are available are always top of the market. They know what they are doing in terms of the corrective lens business. Their business style is very preferable and it is always a pleasant experience. They are all doing a good job and they very much know how to treat customers and clients correctly. When it comes to vision people they tend to be on the upper part of the spectrum.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

The exam was quick and easy, and the doctor was very professional. Cohen's has a large selection of frames, so I had plenty of choice. The staff was very happy to show me different styles and give opinions on what looked good and would work with my prescription. The glasses are comfortable, too, with spring-loaded hinges and nose pads. I like that they sit securely even when I'm exercising or sailing. They came in several colors, so I could pick what I like. Also, they had Transitions lenses, so I only needed one pair. But I felt that the lens were expensive, especially with the various coatings being extras. I also wish the Cohen's deals worked with my vision insurance. As it was, I felt like I might be able to get a better deal online.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cohen's Fashion Optical?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cohen's Fashion Optical? There was a sign at the door that said eyeglasses started at $99 but they said that was not... When I bought them they barely turned in the sun like my old ones did.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

The experience was nice. There was a wide variety of fashionable choices. The staff was very helpful though I did not need much help. The store ambiance was nice and quiet. The store was very clean too. Great glasses and would buy again. They are scratch-resistant and they are sleek. They are glare-resistant and the color is nice. They aren't big and owl-like. They are light, not too heavy on my face. They make me look nice and I like the shape of the lens. But I wish they were a little more glare-resistant. I also wish they didn't attract so much dust and didn't smudge as much as they do. Otherwise, I don't have much to complain about.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Good one stop glasses shopping. These guys are literally everywhere and have offered a decent experience. They have a good selection of frames, but I don't go to them much anymore because I found other places that I either prefer or that offer frames that are just as good but less expensive. However, back before the industry disruptors took hold, this was one of my main places to get new glasses. I always found the staff to be friendly, but I did have an experience with an optometrist that didn't believe me when I filled out my medical forms, I'm assuming because I'm a bit overweight. She assumed I HAD to have high blood pressure and a ton of other things, where I went for a physical earlier that year.

My glasses are pretty basic since they are "value" frames, but they are thin-wire rimmed glasses with a touch of color. They are my backups at the moment but I still really like them. They are comfortable on the sides and stay put for the most part, even though I always expect a little slipping as time goes on because I have an oily T-zone. The glasses suit me well and the optometrist was nice and addressed my concerns. Sometimes places make you feel rushed, but I didn't experience that during my last visit. The glasses get the job done, are comfortable and suit my face shape.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

It was a great experience because the employees helped me pick out the perfect pair of lenses and I love how stylish and fabulous they make me feel in my everyday life. I love the color and shape of the lenses. It really helps accentuate my eyes. But I would definitely improve the price of the lenses by lowering it and making it more affordable. Still, I am so happy.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Eyeglasses is very important for a person who wear it. Cohen’s is one of the best known company for this... I like it so much. Everyone should trust them... It is reputed company. It is the best and love it.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

The customer service is excellent. They are all over the place and work hard to find you glasses that fit your style and budget. They have a very big selection and will work out a payment plan with you so you can make monthly payments.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

The workers were helpful and the store had many different designs and color options. The workers seemed willing to actually take the time to answer my questions. I enjoyed the color options and the frame options. It gave me a lot to choose from. There was an area available for me to try on glasses and some of the designs were fun/funky (in a good way). But I would like if the prices were a little more affordable. My insurance covered some of the price but it was still pricey. That is not directly the problem with the store itself though.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

The office staff was great. The doctor was wonderful, very professional and welcoming. Answered all of my questions and offered some advice, very warm and helpful, they were covered under my insurance which was a great incentives to continue to go with my insurance. The glasses are sleek and modern, darker colored with a little thick of rims which in my complexion really looks great and match everything, they are fashionable and yet classic so that the style will never go out. I like everything about the glasses which is why I picked them, they were a little more expensive than other brands but I do believe the price was worth it overall. It was a great time and I would definitely go back.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Cohen's is a nice store where all people who work in the store have the experience and knowledge and what they are doing. They are kind and helpful. You can stay in the store for hours till you find what you wanted. The doctor is always there in case you need to measure your eyesight. They have all kinds of brands and there is plenty of eyeglasses for your needs, price, and style. If is something you like and they don't have it, they called and you end up having what you want. Where they are located is a nice zone. The store is clean and bright.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

They're very helpful with choosing glasses that fit your face shape and size. They're knowledgeable and offer trendy glasses to fit anyone's budget. Some prices were high though. They also couldn't give me glasses that day. I had to wait about a week. It's ok because I had a spare pair but it could be a real problem for those without an extra pair. The experience was hassle free and very positive. I will be back. The glasses look great on me. I will be recommending them to all of my friends and family.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Eyeglasses is very important for me and I Love stylish eyeglasses. I like Cohen's Fashion Optical eyeglasses. I love this brands and I am a big fan of this company. Everything is best of this company. I have many types of eyeglasses and like all glasses of this company. It is my hobby use new and stylish eyeglasses. New design and stylish glass is very attractive.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Using glasses from Cohen's Fashion Optical is very comfortable and great. I have been using their glasses for years now and I never had any problem and if I did they would fix it with no problem. When I need adjustments or lose a lens or something they has always replaces it for me.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I love Cohen's Fashion Optical's eyeglasses. They try to serve their best to their customer. I use their eyeglasses and I recommended to others to use their eyeglasses. The glasses are very helpful and the glasses are not harm the eyes. Their products are different from other company. And I feel much comfortable with them. Overall I love the feature I use. It fits with me and the feature is very suitable.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

It is great to use for me and I like it very much. I want to use this glasses everywhere because I feel comfortable and I want to buy them always. So we can use it very easily & it is also so much fashionable to us. Their price should be more cheap that people buy them, so Cohen's might be think about this. So all people can't buy it easily to use. If it is more cheaper then all people will interested in it & willing to use it. But other than that, Cohen's produce great glasses. So people should buy this glasses. It is also so much colourful that's why look beautiful.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Great shopping experience. Friendly personal service in an attractive, well-lit, well-stocked store conveniently located for my needs. A well laid out store with displays and staff that not only enhanced my shopping experience but gave me complete confidence that the information I received wasn't only professional but was also correct. My grandchildren also used the store and were very happy with the experience. But I would have liked to have seen a little greater selection of lower priced glasses. Also, the general problem of being in a mall and looking for parking and the long walk. I'm disabled. otherwise great experience and good service.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Cohen's is the best eyeglass care there is and they are amazing. I have had nothing but great reviews and they care a lot for customers and they give great service. They are always nice and greet me with kindness. Cohen's will get the job done and their prices aren't bad. I love everything about Cohen's Optical.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I got them so long ago and I don't recall anything particularly good or bad about the experience. Cohen's was conveniently located near work so I was able to get the exam and glasses fairly easily. I was able to use a Groupon for an eye exam and frames. It was a pretty good deal even though I had to choose from the cheapest frames they offered. The pair I got broke pretty soon after I got them. I was able to fix them in my own, but they weren't very high quality. It would be nice if they had offered some better frames at a lower price.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

On October 3rd I went into the store on Pelham Parkway, everything was going fine. I was finished with the optometrist it was now time to choose a frame, they kept pushing the most expensive frames in my face telling me I don’t know about fashion. I picked a frame that I couldn’t even see because I was being rushed. They quickly took my debit card and charged $379 that was after an $80. Discount. They have coupon on their website, but they have every excuse in the book why you can’t use them. I asked for a refund they claim I can only get a credit and that’s their policy which is on their receipt. It’s nowhere on my receipt. Be careful. Now I have to go to court to file papers.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I bought a pair of eyeglass bifocal. My insurance paid and in addition I paid $200.00 out of pocket. I purchased anti glare and anti scratch with a new frame in 2017 in July or August. Now in about 14 months the glass has lost anti scratch/anti glare, and see spots on both the glass. Having problem seeing, on top of that the frame has lost its coating that touches my face.

I went to the store. The saleswoman said: "They do not provide any warranty on eyeglasses and frame", they cover warranty for one year with additional 25 dollar? Normally all union pays once every two years and I believe my glass is covered for two years? I want a refund so that I can buy from other store? Or the store should fix my eyeglass free of charge. Location of the store: 2483 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY 10468.

Original review: June 25, 2018

About four and a half years ago, November 2013, I did business with Cohen's Fashion Optical (at the upper west side store, West 114th street and Broadway, in Manhattan, New York) to have lens put on my new, rimless, Christian Dior eyeglasses frames. The Christian Dior frame costed me about $450 each. They did a very bad job, plus losing both demo lenses of the Christian Dior frame, rendering the CD frame to be useless. After spending a lot of my time and effort with Cohen's and many unsatisfactory responses from the store, I eventually had to sue them at the small claims court in Harlem, New York. In February 2014, the court granted me the judgement in my favor with the total amount, $938.00. Cohen's Fashion Optical sent me a cheque of $520.00 and failed to pay me the rest of the judgement amount, $418.00.

I contacted this Cohen's store at W114 Street and Broadway which told me to contact their headquarter's customer service and provided me with the phone number. Numerous times I called but that phone only had an answering machine hooked on. Despite leaving them numerous messages and time spent, Cohen's never returned my calls nor paid me the remaining balance of the court judgement they owned me.

Then I had to spend money and hired the New York Marshal's Office to chased after Cohen's. The Marshal's Office chased after Cohen's numerous times but Cohen's continued failing to pay. The Marshal's office told me the next step they could do would be going to Cohen's store and took their goods. But such service would cost me at least two thousand dollars. That doesn't seem like a good choice for me, so I declined. Then I returned to the Harlem Court spending my time and paying additional court fees to proceed with court procedures trying to collect this remaining balance.

To this date, June 11th, 2018, more than 4 years and 2 months after the court judgement, Cohen's Fashion Optical still failed to pay me the remaining balance of the judgement amount. If a company doesn't even follow the court's order, will you want to do business with such company??? I definitely won't. Based on principle, I definitely will continue with additional court procedures to chase after the remaining balance Cohen's owned me.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I had an appointment for a DMV eye exam that takes less than 5 minutes. Received many texts confirming the time of the appointment except when I arrived the 'optometrist' was too busy filing prescriptions to see clients. He thinks it is ok to have people wait but I think my time is as valuable as his. The poor guy, so insecure, so hostile, such a chip on his shoulder. When I complained about the wait, he could not control his anger. Ultimately would not serve me because of his perceived issues with ** privilege. If you can't deal with people, don't get a people job. This man is a liability to the business and to himself. Good riddance.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Six weeks ago I had an eye's exam in one of the Cohen's stores and until today I still don't have glasses. They are redoing glasses for the third time. On a top of everything, they damaged the frame. S T A Y A W A Y F R O M C O H E N!!!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I bought a Groupon deal from this company for "an eye exam with 300$ Credits towards frame and lenses" (which looked so attractive and so much as it looks) and called them to make an appointment. They said I still need to pay at least 50$ just to have an eye exam and need to pay extra 100 for glasses. So overall 150$ at least. Thinking that I wouldn't pay for either my eye-exam and glasses under 300$, I found this shocking and disappointed in the service. My friendly advice: DON'T BELIEVE IN GROUPON DEALS FROM THIS COMPANY. I don't know how many people got deceived by such deals and I'm surprised how this company makes profit part of its profits from misinforming and baiting people to get their deceiving deals. Shame!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Staff and doctor were nice and did a good job, but overcharged me on contacts and gave me a receipt for rebate program that Acuvue (which makes its rebate as complicated, tedious and generally not worthwhile) would not honor. Could have gotten lens cheaper at DR.

Original review: June 19, 2017

I ordered glasses from this store on June 12, 2017, and was told they would be ready for me by Friday, June 16th. This was important to me, since I will be going out of town this week. Although I have always had a good experience in this particular store, 667 Lexington Ave, the person I usually deal with was on vacation. So the "boss" waited on me, interspersing our contact with several phone calls on his cell phone. He stated he would call me when the glasses were ready. Since I received no call, I went into the store today, Monday June 19th. A young woman looked through all the drawers but could not find them.

Finally, she looked in the original tray, and there were the frames with my prescription, but no work had been done on them. I then requested a refund of my $200 and said I would have to get them made where I was traveling to. The "boss" refused, saying they were just waiting for the lenses to come in. I did not believe that lenses had even been ordered, so I stated that I would dispute the charge with my credit card company, which I have done. Despite the convenience of this store to my apartment, I will not be using them again. It used to be a pretty crowded store, but now not so much. I think that the "boss" needs better supervision!

Cohen's Fashion Optical expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1927, while selling glasses out of a pushcart, Cohen's Fashion Optical now has more than 100 storefronts in seven different states and Puerto Rico.

• Designer discounts: Not only do they offer a large catalog of designer frames, they have great discounts specifically for these higher priced fashion accessories.

• 20 dollar eye exam: Don't pay hundreds for a simple eye exam at Cohen's Fashion Optical, since they offer exams for as little as 20 dollars to local customers.

• Frame plus lenses deals: Get a complete pair of branded glasses, frames and lenses for less than 100 dollars from a Cohen's Fashion Optical location.

• Multiple material selections: With seven different frame materials, including gold, buyers can find frames that are durable, flexible, hypoallergenic and fashion forward.

• Insurance and FSA options: Shoppers can use vision insurance to cut their out-of-pocket costs on glasses and/or turn to their FSA to make up the difference and pay with pre-tax dollars.

• Best for: Kids, Teens, Professionals and Contacts wearers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Cohen's Fashion Optical Company Information

1927
100 Quentin Roosevelt Blvd.
Garden City