4.0/5 (58 ratings)

About Cohen's Fashion Optical

Cohen's Fashion Optical Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cohen's Fashion Optical?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cohen's Fashion Optical?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I purchased a pair of prescription glasses on 8/13/19 at the 767 Lexington Avenue in NYC FOR $1,000.00 dollars. The saleswoman told me the glasses would be ready for pickup in 3 weeks. I received a call and picked up my glasses on 9/4. When I wore my glasses outside the store I noticed that there was a purple tint on the lenses that interfered with my vision. I contacted the saleswoman and she instructed me to bring the glasses back right away. I did as instructed and the saleswoman told me the purple anti glare they had added without my knowledge would be removed. She told me I would be contacted in another 3 weeks. I was contacted on September 21st and I went to pick up the glasses on September 22nd. When I arrived to the pickup counter the woman at the pickup counter gave me the glasses and when I placed the glasses under the light I noticed the lenses still had the same purple tint I requested removed.

I refused to take the glasses and asked to speak to the store manager, **. **, the store manager, at first was apologetic and tried to blame the saleswoman I had spoken to originally for not explaining to him what to do with the lenses. Then he tried to say that it was his fault and tried to convince me that he had replaced the lenses with the same lenses. When I asked him why he had not contacted me to get clarification he replied that he “doesn’t like to bother customers by calling them”. I was baffled and upset. It was already 40 days since I purchased the glasses and I still didn’t have what I ordered. George promised that he would again replace the lenses (he never did the first time) and promised again to remove the purple anti glare coating h and again promised to contact me in 3 more weeks.

I walked out of the store upset, empty handed and I had zero trust on this store. When I reached my car and after sharing my experience with my husband I decided to cancel my order altogether. When I called the store less than 10 minutes later I was informed that ** was gone for the day. I told the salesman that answer the phone to cancel my order all together. Several days later, **, the store manager contacted me stating that he was “calling me back” and when I told him I had contacted my credit card to cancel the charges he became angry and told me I was wasting my time because he was an expert in dealing with banks. He said I was better off dealing with him. To make a long story short, the charges are still in dispute. Cohen’s Optical has the glasses since September 5th and apparently want to keep the glasses and force me to pay for them. ** doesn’t reply to calls or emails.

In addition, when I made the purchase, **, the saleswoman, failed to give me an itemized receipt so we never knew what we were charged for. It took several calls and emails to finally get a receipt. I have filed a complaint with the NYC BBB and I am about to go to small claims court. Do not buy glasses in this store. They aren’t honest and they will add stuff to your glasses that you do not request just to add to the charges. Read their store policies, which aren’t visible anywhere and the salesperson won’t discuss with you. As you can see from my experience, they refuse to fix their mistakes. They do not care about customers and basically they just es t to steal your money.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I won a small claims court judgment in 2013 against Cohen's Fashion Optical for $943 regarding their poor service located at 2933 Broadway, NY 10025, Morningside Heights Branch. Cohen paid me $520 and still owns me the balance, about $420. I have the NY Marshal to chase after Cohen's for the money, etc... but in vain. Cohen's still owns me the balance as of to date, 9.23.2019.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I feel they overcharge for their eyeglasses as though the customer service rep is setting their own price and receiving a commission or percentage. The price on their glasses is ridiculous. Secondly when glasses are ready for pickup they are supposed to call you. Instead the customers have to call.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I was charged $799 for designer frames that I later found online for $104 (which included prescription lenses, Cohen did not). I will never use them again and I will warn others about their unsavory practices. Rip off artists that I feel encourage their clerks to get as much money as possible from unsuspecting customers. I am sure the clerks are richly rewarded BUT these practices will not bring in customers... WARNING google the product before placing an order with these people!

Original review: May 29, 2019

I have EyeMed insurance and Cohen's Optical is an in-network provider for EyeMed. I have been doing business with Cohen's Optical at Cambridgeside Galleria for 3-years, purchasing eyeglass frames and prescription lenses, and consequently I had established a customer rapport with Neila, a manager at Cohen's. On Jan 29, 19 I brought a new lens Rx to Cohen's. I used my old frames and ordered two progressive clear Varilux lenses and one polarized progressive lenses. The total came to $1,997! I questioned Neila about the high cost since no frames were purchased. I asked if my EyeMed insurance was applied. Neila assured me that my insurance was applied, she said the high cost was due to the Varilux lenses and that she was giving me a good deal.

A few months later while on a call with EyeMed I learned that Neila didn't apply my EyeMed insurance to my purchase. I never received an itemized receipt from Cohen's, just a Visa receipt for $1,997. Neila was busy when I bought the new lenses. She said she would send it to me via email. Except I never received an itemized invoice from Cohen's. Each time I returned to Cohen's to pick-up my glasses, 3-different times, I asked about my invoice and each time I was told they would send it or that it was sent.

I went back to Cohen's when I realized my insurance wasn't applied to demand they submit my EyeMed insurance. I wanted Neila to refund the amount she charged me on Jan 29 and resubmit the purchase for May 4 with my EyeMed insurance applied. Neila refused stating 6-months had passed... it was a little over 3 months. Neila insisted that I had to go through EyeMed to apply my insurance benefits to that purchase. I called EyeMed while at Cohen's to see if they could assist me... Neila argued with the EyeMed rep to no avail. I then got on the phone with EyeMed to discuss my options. I was told to file a complaint.

Upon hearing that Neila conceded to giving me a refund of $362.40, that left me with a bill for $1,634.60, for 3-lenses. A few weeks later I received a reimbursement check for $855 from my Flex account, apparently Neila submitted a claim for May 4. I called EyeMed to inquire about the sum of the check since it did not reflect what I paid Cohen's...I was told that Cohen's submitted a claim was for $1,069, for 20% off additional frames and add-ons which is included with EyeMed's insurance plan but is not paid to the provider.

EyeMed said they do not reimburse their providers the 20% discount they give EyeMed customers, that is part of the provider's agreement with EyeMed. So, I received only 20% of $1069, ($855.20) because that is what Cohen's said I paid... I still have not received an itemized receipt. I have no idea what they charged me for or if it was what I received... If you plan to use Cohen's Optical and you have insurance make sure you know what your plan includes and make sure you have an itemized receipt. And one more thing after receiving my new lenses in my old frames I noticed whenever I cleaned my glasses a tiny piece of eyeglass tissue would get stuck in the titanium rim on one side of my eye frame.

Sure enough my eyeglass frames had a hairline fracture. I returned to Cohen's to show them the break in my frames... I did not have that fracture in my frames when I gave them to you Cohen's. I was told they own their mistakes that I must have done it. Neila said she would give me a discount on a replacement frame. I went online and found the same frames for a lower price including shipping than Cohen's discount. My advice is to be very careful when dealing with Cohen's or any Optical Chain....

Original review: March 26, 2019

Bad experience. They sold unknown brand frame with high price. Later I learned that I can get famous well-known frame below that price. This is my first time eye test. I also not satisfied with my eye test results. Two times test but still blur. I never go back again.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I was conned into buying glasses from the shop got a price of 400+ while my brother purchased the same glass from a different branch for less noting that I used my insurance and he didn’t. I was given a price of 700+ first then it was changed to 400+ as finding a better deal for me. There is apparently no set price and it seems like the price is adjustable based on the salesperson. I was then advised that my price is for an amount of 454 and given a receipt with it. Then was then lead to believe for financing I have to make an application fee of 50 for the financing company. The financing company advised that this payment isn’t for them and it’s for the merchandise as in to Cohen's optics.

I so far has spent over 2 weeks getting this matter resolved and yet no one is decent enough to acknowledge the mistake and cancel my transaction as per my request. Customer service line is not reachable only vm at least the times I tried. I sent an email and what I was told is that I will be contacted by the store which I mentioned that the store promises me to call back and never do. Then when I am contacted from the store I am sent on a conference call with the financing company to being lied to again and lead to believe that the $50 is an application fee. Which is not as per the lease agreement sent to me via email. Complete incompetence and shambles service... Will never ever recommend anyone to be their customer and won’t recommend having any sort of deal without any written clear confirmation of you had to deal with them... Yet I am chasing the store and the company for a payment and action I was conned into getting!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

It has very good quality glasses that last. They are very trendy and not like what I grew up wearing. They come in many styles and colors and sizes. Some of them you can't even tell that you are wearing glasses because they are so light and clean looking. I am very active and need my glasses to stay put and not break and Cohen's provides that for me. I like that they can be made for anybody and everybody. But some of the glasses are pretty fragile because they are so trendy and lightweight. I would improve the price of them. They are a little on the pricey end of things but they are great quality so it would be tough.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I like how easy it is to find the right pair for you. Love how informative they were during the whole appointment. I was pleased to be in and out easily. It was super easy to make a decision with their help. Loved the experience, not hard at all. But, I did not like how long it took for me to make an appointment. It was a long waiting period before it was my turn even after my appointment was past due.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Cohen's optical offers so many options overall and They have so many frames to chose from, so it's easy to satisfy everyone. I like the materials they use and it's really easy to find frame shape that'll suit your face features. I like that they offer many designers and also accept many major insurances. They are willing to work out payment plans if you don't have insurance. They carefully tend to each customer to their specific needs, they have very experienced and knowledgeable employees and they help customer through the whole process with fitting, sizing and Overall comfort. Everything was good when I went there for fitting. I was welcomed and helped in very fast manner. Their waiting times though sometimes is pretty long.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

They were very courteous and knowledgeable of their business. The frames that are available are always top of the market. They know what they are doing in terms of the corrective lens business. Their business style is very preferable and it is always a pleasant experience. They are all doing a good job and they very much know how to treat customers and clients correctly. When it comes to vision people they tend to be on the upper part of the spectrum.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

The exam was quick and easy, and the doctor was very professional. Cohen's has a large selection of frames, so I had plenty of choice. The staff was very happy to show me different styles and give opinions on what looked good and would work with my prescription. The glasses are comfortable, too, with spring-loaded hinges and nose pads. I like that they sit securely even when I'm exercising or sailing. They came in several colors, so I could pick what I like. Also, they had Transitions lenses, so I only needed one pair. But I felt that the lens were expensive, especially with the various coatings being extras. I also wish the Cohen's deals worked with my vision insurance. As it was, I felt like I might be able to get a better deal online.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cohen's Fashion Optical? There was a sign at the door that said eyeglasses started at $99 but they said that was not... When I bought them they barely turned in the sun like my old ones did.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

The experience was nice. There was a wide variety of fashionable choices. The staff was very helpful though I did not need much help. The store ambiance was nice and quiet. The store was very clean too. Great glasses and would buy again. They are scratch-resistant and they are sleek. They are glare-resistant and the color is nice. They aren't big and owl-like. They are light, not too heavy on my face. They make me look nice and I like the shape of the lens. But I wish they were a little more glare-resistant. I also wish they didn't attract so much dust and didn't smudge as much as they do. Otherwise, I don't have much to complain about.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Good one stop glasses shopping. These guys are literally everywhere and have offered a decent experience. They have a good selection of frames, but I don't go to them much anymore because I found other places that I either prefer or that offer frames that are just as good but less expensive. However, back before the industry disruptors took hold, this was one of my main places to get new glasses. I always found the staff to be friendly, but I did have an experience with an optometrist that didn't believe me when I filled out my medical forms, I'm assuming because I'm a bit overweight. She assumed I HAD to have high blood pressure and a ton of other things, where I went for a physical earlier that year.

My glasses are pretty basic since they are "value" frames, but they are thin-wire rimmed glasses with a touch of color. They are my backups at the moment but I still really like them. They are comfortable on the sides and stay put for the most part, even though I always expect a little slipping as time goes on because I have an oily T-zone. The glasses suit me well and the optometrist was nice and addressed my concerns. Sometimes places make you feel rushed, but I didn't experience that during my last visit. The glasses get the job done, are comfortable and suit my face shape.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

It was a great experience because the employees helped me pick out the perfect pair of lenses and I love how stylish and fabulous they make me feel in my everyday life. I love the color and shape of the lenses. It really helps accentuate my eyes. But I would definitely improve the price of the lenses by lowering it and making it more affordable. Still, I am so happy.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Eyeglasses is very important for a person who wear it. Cohen’s is one of the best known company for this... I like it so much. Everyone should trust them... It is reputed company. It is the best and love it.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

The customer service is excellent. They are all over the place and work hard to find you glasses that fit your style and budget. They have a very big selection and will work out a payment plan with you so you can make monthly payments.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

The workers were helpful and the store had many different designs and color options. The workers seemed willing to actually take the time to answer my questions. I enjoyed the color options and the frame options. It gave me a lot to choose from. There was an area available for me to try on glasses and some of the designs were fun/funky (in a good way). But I would like if the prices were a little more affordable. My insurance covered some of the price but it was still pricey. That is not directly the problem with the store itself though.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

The office staff was great. The doctor was wonderful, very professional and welcoming. Answered all of my questions and offered some advice, very warm and helpful, they were covered under my insurance which was a great incentives to continue to go with my insurance. The glasses are sleek and modern, darker colored with a little thick of rims which in my complexion really looks great and match everything, they are fashionable and yet classic so that the style will never go out. I like everything about the glasses which is why I picked them, they were a little more expensive than other brands but I do believe the price was worth it overall. It was a great time and I would definitely go back.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Cohen's is a nice store where all people who work in the store have the experience and knowledge and what they are doing. They are kind and helpful. You can stay in the store for hours till you find what you wanted. The doctor is always there in case you need to measure your eyesight. They have all kinds of brands and there is plenty of eyeglasses for your needs, price, and style. If is something you like and they don't have it, they called and you end up having what you want. Where they are located is a nice zone. The store is clean and bright.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

They're very helpful with choosing glasses that fit your face shape and size. They're knowledgeable and offer trendy glasses to fit anyone's budget. Some prices were high though. They also couldn't give me glasses that day. I had to wait about a week. It's ok because I had a spare pair but it could be a real problem for those without an extra pair. The experience was hassle free and very positive. I will be back. The glasses look great on me. I will be recommending them to all of my friends and family.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Eyeglasses is very important for me and I Love stylish eyeglasses. I like Cohen's Fashion Optical eyeglasses. I love this brands and I am a big fan of this company. Everything is best of this company. I have many types of eyeglasses and like all glasses of this company. It is my hobby use new and stylish eyeglasses. New design and stylish glass is very attractive.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Using glasses from Cohen's Fashion Optical is very comfortable and great. I have been using their glasses for years now and I never had any problem and if I did they would fix it with no problem. When I need adjustments or lose a lens or something they has always replaces it for me.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I love Cohen's Fashion Optical's eyeglasses. They try to serve their best to their customer. I use their eyeglasses and I recommended to others to use their eyeglasses. The glasses are very helpful and the glasses are not harm the eyes. Their products are different from other company. And I feel much comfortable with them. Overall I love the feature I use. It fits with me and the feature is very suitable.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

It is great to use for me and I like it very much. I want to use this glasses everywhere because I feel comfortable and I want to buy them always. So we can use it very easily & it is also so much fashionable to us. Their price should be more cheap that people buy them, so Cohen's might be think about this. So all people can't buy it easily to use. If it is more cheaper then all people will interested in it & willing to use it. But other than that, Cohen's produce great glasses. So people should buy this glasses. It is also so much colourful that's why look beautiful.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Great shopping experience. Friendly personal service in an attractive, well-lit, well-stocked store conveniently located for my needs. A well laid out store with displays and staff that not only enhanced my shopping experience but gave me complete confidence that the information I received wasn't only professional but was also correct. My grandchildren also used the store and were very happy with the experience. But I would have liked to have seen a little greater selection of lower priced glasses. Also, the general problem of being in a mall and looking for parking and the long walk. I'm disabled. otherwise great experience and good service.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Cohen's is the best eyeglass care there is and they are amazing. I have had nothing but great reviews and they care a lot for customers and they give great service. They are always nice and greet me with kindness. Cohen's will get the job done and their prices aren't bad. I love everything about Cohen's Optical.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I got them so long ago and I don't recall anything particularly good or bad about the experience. Cohen's was conveniently located near work so I was able to get the exam and glasses fairly easily. I was able to use a Groupon for an eye exam and frames. It was a pretty good deal even though I had to choose from the cheapest frames they offered. The pair I got broke pretty soon after I got them. I was able to fix them in my own, but they weren't very high quality. It would be nice if they had offered some better frames at a lower price.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

On October 3rd I went into the store on Pelham Parkway, everything was going fine. I was finished with the optometrist it was now time to choose a frame, they kept pushing the most expensive frames in my face telling me I don’t know about fashion. I picked a frame that I couldn’t even see because I was being rushed. They quickly took my debit card and charged $379 that was after an $80. Discount. They have coupon on their website, but they have every excuse in the book why you can’t use them. I asked for a refund they claim I can only get a credit and that’s their policy which is on their receipt. It’s nowhere on my receipt. Be careful. Now I have to go to court to file papers.

Cohen's Fashion Optical Company Information

1927
100 Quentin Roosevelt Blvd.
Garden City