CareerBuilder.com

CareerBuilder.com

3.6/5 (332 ratings)

About CareerBuilder.com

CareerBuilder.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CareerBuilder.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Career Builder?

Original review: March 2, 2020

One of our entry level employees signed a trial with Careerbuilder without our consent. When we let him go Careerbuilder tried to bind us to the contract for over $300 per month. When we called to explain they would not listen to us and were only interested in collecting the fee even though the employee had no authority to bind us, I would never do business again with this company as they appear to have no customer service and do not care about their reputation. It's all about hardcore money.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Having my resume on Career Builder has resulted in my receiving numerous phishing emails from countless sites. It is obvious that they have sold my information or had it hacked from their databases. They are either extremely unscrupulous or incompetent at protecting their data and should be shunned.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I applied for a job on another website which used Careerbuilder's platform to share my resume with the potential employer and since then, I have received numerous spam e-mails, phone calls and text messages with fake job offerings because Careerbuilder shared my personal contact information with third party services, none of which I consented to. I talked to two different nationwide recruiting agencies after this and they both had all of my personal contact information already imported into their databases, without my knowledge. While this may seem helpful to some, all of the spam e-mails and texts I've received since then were for jobs that aren't real, are in different states, jobs which I've never expressed interest in or applied to, or are pyramid schemes.

This makes applying for other credible jobs much for difficult because while I'm getting these spam messages, I'm having to filter through them to figure out which ones are responses from actual jobs which I have applied for. Careerbuilder has essentially aided to the extreme difficulty of searching for a career due to these experiences.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I signed up for CareerBuilder over a decade ago to search for a new job, with no success. O well. Not my complaint. All of a sudden after ten years they are giving out my info to anybody and everybody. Not even from related fields. If you are paying them for candidate referrals you are being scammed!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I run a new small business here in Denver and bought a package, the sales team reached out and sold me a better deal - 10 posting slots monthly for $510 as a one year contract. The posting yielded no good candidates, the resume database - no good candidates to be found. To this day and thousands of dollars later I have yet to interview a decent candidate that is relevant.

I called to cancel the service, had to spend $30 to send them a certified message in the mail. They responded saying "GOT YOU" for our contract, and denied the cancellation of their service. No concern whatsoever that we are canceling, or why we are canceling, their only response was request denied - you are under contract.

Career Builder sells contracts, not postings that would lead to good candidates. Run, don't walk! I run a recruitment firm, and we don't often place a candidate who applies, but usually a platform like this is a good place to mine data, look for candidates, and then network with them to find the best people who we could help place. Career Builder, after multiple complaints to this day has yet to reach out and attempt to help, or address the issue that their postings don't work. They only send me letters stating I have invoices due, and notices that my account is on hold. What a sham of a company, they used to be great....times do change however!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

We are a small business and purchased a job posting for a sales management position for $219. After a week we only had 2 applicants, neither of whom were qualified for the position. We had the same posting up on other sites and received dozens of applicants. I called and told them I wanted to cancel and request a refund. They cancelled so the post would not renew and forwarded the refund request to a manager, saying she would get back to me.

Almost a month later I had heard nothing, so I called back. The rep on the phone didn't seem to find any notes in the record about the refund request and said she would email that person again. I requested to speak with them instead so I didn't have to call back again. She came back a minute later and said the request was denied. I asked to still speak with that person, she said there's no need since it was denied. They simply don't give refunds because the results of the product are not guaranteed. I said I would still like to speak to a supervisor. She said "sure" in an exasperated tone and I was put on hold. Within 30 seconds I was disconnected! Hard to believe that they treat their customers this way! I might have given them another try on another job posting had they handled this appropriately. Instead I will never use them again and I will spread the word far and wide that they don't seem to care about their customers!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

We purchased the ability to post job postings for a fixed cost per month. We have tried to access the site and post a job with zero success. Emailed the salesperson and was directed to their offshore support. We called and was directed to their offshore support. Their offshore support was pathetic. AVOID using this platform to post a job. Indeed is expensive, but they are responsive.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

NO STARS!!! I turned in my information for a background check, and I and the company I will be employed by, have been waiting a week. This is unacceptable and ridiculous. I've been on hold for close to 30 minutes to inquire about the status of this. I called yesterday and left a message, and to keep my place in the "queue", and I did NOT receive a callback. So here I sit on hold 35 minutes later, because I know they will NOT call back obviously. Due to their delay, they are holding up my start date and I am losing money because of this. It's not hard to make a few phone calls to check my previous employment, run my criminal history, etc. Might have to contact an attorney. So annoyed right now!! Employers should NOT use this company!!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

DON'T SIGN UP IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY. I had to make an account here to apply to a certain job that I wanted. What a mistake that was, and not because the application didn't work out. I get sooo many scammer emails now referencing my "application on a CareerBuilder.com". They let scammers get access to the emails of (probably) all the users, and now my email will forever be on the hitlists of scammers worldwide.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I don't even have a phone number posted anywhere in my account yet I keep getting phone calls and text messages from recruiters who state they have seen my resume on CareerBuilder. What the heck? I read all of these complaints everywhere about the phone calls and email scams but CareerBuilder has yet to fix the issues. They are a scam and if you were smart you would not create an account with these people. There has to be some way to report this crap.

Resolution response: Sept. 2, 2019

Application for a job posting for a particular job initially was responded by CB with over 4 dozen job offers none of which were the one I was responding to. However, after consider pause >15 minutes all of a sudden get email confirmation my application was accepted by the company posting for a job opening. Belatedly, I with draw my earlier complaint.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

CB advertises for a particular job and before you are allowed to proceed you must download your resume. Surprise, following the prompts after the gatekeepers step, you are presented with several dozen jobs listings. None of which are the one originally posted to attract you. Numerous suggestions pop up either to enhance your resume or others, all asking of course for a fee. At this point I and all who are faced with this choice hit the EXIT button. Unbelievable this outfit stays in biz.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

This website is full of scam job postings-beware. Bogus jobs can pop up anywhere on ANY website but they are definitely rampant on Careerbuilder -->they just want to get your personal info and so tell you they're "interested"/encourage you to apply, etc.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I uploaded my resume and then provided all the required information. When I saw how it looks finally or the profile preview all the information provided has gone. I did it 4 times, all 4 times data or information I provided has been erased. I wasted 2 hours just I the hope to upload my profile and to look for opportunities, it's a complete waste of time. Please stay away and save your time and energy. Finally I deleted my account. Never ever I will visit CareerBuilder????

Original review: May 13, 2019

I would give zero stars if I could. I have never used CareerBuilder, or even made an account on it, but somehow they've gotten ahold of my name and phone number. I was told that they take it from other job sites. The thing about this, is that my phone number has NEVER been available to see to the public. I've always had it set to be available after it's been sent to a job posting. What I don't like about CareerBuilder is that they've taken my information, and are sharing it WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I've been bombarded with texts and phone calls from strange numbers, and every one of them say that they got my information from CareerBuilder. Again, I've never made an account with this site. I don't trust them, and I don't trust people who say they got my info from them. I can't be alone when I say that this is EXTREMELY shady.

Original review: April 24, 2019

My company has been using CareerBuilder for over a decade so they may have been doing a good job in the past but that is not the case now. We advertised a position with them since January 2019 with no suitable results. In fact CareerBuilder integrates with Facebook and auto submits Facebook profiles as potential candidates. One application was from a 'Florida Tomato' so these are not real people even. I marked the jobs as do not auto renew and figured the subscription will end once the time on the jobs run out.

In the meanwhile I went to their competition, ZipRecruiter and was about to find few great candidates within 1 week. Today I noticed a charge from CareerBuilder on our company card. I called their accounts payable and had the pleasure of being scolded by Tonya. Tonya and later her supervisor, Kristin ** informed me that just because I am not running a job does not mean I don't have to pay for the service. My plan renews today April 24th and she said that I have to pay for it till May 23rd and there is nothing I can do about it. Not only is the service terrible, their customer service just tops it off by being extremely rude and unhelpful. The site lets you select do not auto renew but still auto renews the service as if that's 2 separate things. This is a SCAM!!! I don't see them being in business for very long.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I was living in Chile and decided to move back to America. I thought I was moving back to the Bay Area in CA again, but after talking to my family, I decided to move to FL. Well, in the mean time, I opened an account with CareerBuilder while living my last month in Chile to look for job leads in the Bay Area, I unfortunately had to disclose my local sister´s cell phone number in San Jose, CA to open my account.

Once I got to FL, I updated all my contact information and job preferences to FL instead. Today is April 2019, I closed my account with this company few days ago because, since January 2019, I have only received offers for jobs in the bay area. How come? My sister has been invaded with phone calls from recruiters(from India), when I gave my new local FL phone number on my profile since January 2019 and I am still receiving job leads in CA too, never in FL, even after deleting my profile.

I ONLY opened Career Builder, not any other job portal. They are a nightmare and they are careless about customers´needs. I wrote to customer service in January and they just provided the tips to make sure my profile was set for Florida. I followed up all steps and even when my profile and resume were not a available to be seen by recruiters, I continued receiving job leads for California. I never received any job lead for my location in Florida in 3 months+ after opening my profile and doing all changes. So, is this just a one-time-opportunity job portal and if you move, you will continue living for CareerBuilder in the same city over and over??? Hasta La Vista Baby!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I posted my Resume about 3 months ago, and since then, there has been an update. I try to post the updated Resume, but The Career Builder site gives me an error message saying that they will have the problem fixed soon, and to try again later. I have tried for 2 weeks, and same error message, and cannot update. I sent them an email, and their "Customer Service" person took no responsibility for the problem on their site, and blamed me and my computer, saying I need to clear cookies or use another browser. Why? My cookies are cleared, and this is the same browser I use for every other internet site without issue for 15 years.

The Customer Service Agent's name is Iswarya, and based on my experience with her, and having a background in Customer Service for over 25 years, I would say that the only reason Career Builder hired her was because their goal is to provide the worst customer experience in Human History. I will believe otherwise when they fire Iswarya, and have a real Customer Service Agent contact me with a solution, not blaming me.

Original review: March 5, 2019

CareerBuilder ten years ago used to be the "go-to" for posting an ad for employees. They are absolutely horrific now. Their customer service is awful. They will call your account manager all day and send them emails daily. I get automated contracts to renew every day when I have sent them multiple emails to stop harassing me. I will never do business with this company again because of their unprofessionalism. Their customer service reps are young guys who speak so unprofessional and don't even know what they are talking about. If you are an employer, DO NOT USE!!!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Anyone with a 3rd grade IQ should apply with CareerBuilder.com. I tried to block a employer who would not stop emailing me with their “we want to interview you” emails. The CareerBuilder link to block the employer told me that I was not authorized. Really? It’s my account. I emailed them with the problem and they closed my account “per my request”. I did not request my account to be closed.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Don't pay Any Amount!!?? Pls be alert!!?? I have attained call from CareerBuilder.com for recruitment of job profile of Axis Bank as an Financial Accountant. So for registration there was 2500Rs. amount. Also have been paid by me which was refundable. After it call was transferred to "HR" department, I haven't know there will also holding fees for hiring which was 7500Rs. It was too much.

I'm calling them to refund my amount, the recruiter of company have blocked my contact number, not giving any response. The company is decreasing their goodwill as well as performance with candidates. I have sent mail also many times but they aren't responding properly. Hence Please Don't "BELIEVE" on this online job recruiters. CareerBuilder.com contact no.**. Kindly I want only my refundable amount RS.2000??? It's heartly request to Consumers Affairs department.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Every time I tried to apply for a job, I either get an offer for a sales or marketing job. Somebody needs to do a daily evaluation on their website and make sure that legit jobs are actually on the job site instead of just stupid sales and marketing jobs!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I am receiving emails from CareerBuilder. I am in Pakistan and they want me to get hired in US. Lol. In fact I never made account. Never signed up. This is insane, illegal. I am jobless from many years. I am hurt now and more disappointed because that's a fake website.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I hardly provide personal information online. However, careerbuilder.com seemed to be a good source of career development. IT IS NOT! After uploading my information in their website, I started receiving SEVERAL phone calls, even in the middle of the night, with people with the worst personal skills ever, trying to steal my information. I am receiving SPAMs on my personal e-mail account, phone calls, etc. This is a headache careerbuilder.com caused on myself and my family. Now, it says that I CANNOT cancel my account because of my password is wrong. I am guessing then the careerbuilder.com is selling my data to Spammers and doing whatever they want with my information? I demand my account to be deleted, otherwise I am personally taking legal adjustments to this.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I have never communicated or created an account with CareerBuilder.com but keep receiving emails from them and other scam services. They all offer random jobs that are not even related to me. I suspect they stole my information from LinkedIn.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I received a “Welcome to CareerBuilder” email not too long ago and never signed up. I soon began to receive a dozen phone calls and emails for sales positions. My information was used to create an account that was never authorized. This is extremely frustrating and intrusive. I am still being contacted by several of these sales companies. I’ve since asked them to remove my info but based on other reviews here, it seems I’m not the only one who has faced this issue. It could have cost me my new job if they saw my public resume on here and thought I was job hunting when I wasn’t. This is highly unethical and should be illegal. Shame on CareerBuilder for doing this.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I did not register for this website. I received an email thanking me for uploading my resume. I did not provide any of this information, nor did I authorise the use of my information. Creating an account in my name using my email and a fake address is COMPLETELY FRAUDULENT. I have requested that my account be removed and expect to be informed when this is done within the 30 day window (which is egregious). I will be negatively rating this site on every possible review site possible. Skimming my LinkedIn for this information and creating an account in my name is akin to identity theft.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

They promise much and deliver nothing. I got roped into this nonsense. Now, I get 4 to five calls a day. When I ask them to stop calling, they hang up in your face. Most of the operators sound like college age kids working a dead end, minimum wage paying job. These people are horrible.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I received an email from a Career Builder recruiter about a possible job. The email asked for a call. We set up a time to talk; the recruiter was late. When we got on the phone we basically went through my resume and I was told this was a call center job in insurance and they thought I would be a good fit. I said I would be interested and was told I'd have to speak to a supervisor. I spoke to the supervisor. She spoke really fast, was very curt and totally disinterested in what I was saying. By her tone I knew I would not be offered a chance to interview. Sure enough, I got an email from the recruiter after speaking with the supervisor saying they were sorry and I wasn't a fit. This is the second time I have dealt with Career Builder and it is the second poor experience. If they can't place you or make money from you right away they have no use for you. How does one go from a fit to no thanks?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I was told that CareerBuilder.com was a great way to get noticed, but the only people who contact me are recruiters and head hunters that don't even offer full-time jobs anymore because nobody hires through staffing or temp agencies anymore. So the advertisement that you will be working a great job in little or no time is all a ploy to get you to sign up and then be bombarded by staffing agencies that send you emails left and right and then their phone calls are all from staffing agencies offering temp jobs "or the same job through three different agencies." Then you get what is called a "double submission" so they throw your job application altogether because the headhunters don't want to argue over the better offer.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE, career builder is a way to sell your information listed as third party information which is a fancy way of saying staffing agencies and they all have the same job available, because when you get multiple agencies all calling about the same job position and same job location, you know they are all like two male koi fish fighting to the death and the people are the prize. So unless you want to be bouncing from job to job for the rest of your career, you won't find anything on careerbuilder.com but an abundance of staffing agencies flooding your email with those positions all from temp or contract jobs and they are all going to tell you they are offering a temp to hire, or a contract job, because very few are direct hire anymore.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Never landed a job through this site. What I did get were fraudulent e-mails from SCAMMERS. Every e-mail I received from CareerBuilder from a "potential employer" always wanted me to send money, pay fees, or cash checks and then MoneyGram or use other money transfer services to send cash to some person and tell me I get to keep x amount of the money from their BOGUS check. Nothing but scams here folks, I always verified anything I got to make sure it was legitimate, and I hate to say it, 100% of the time the job offers I received were NOT LEGITIMATE!

They were scammers that would steal your info, bank account info and bleed you dry if they could. I'm just glad I was SMARTER than the scammers that use these sites to harvest e-mails and personal data to lure a person into such traps. I never fell for it, and it's why I WILL NOT recommend any of these online job services to ANYONE. Want a job, talk to the company or type work you want, get the website DIRECTLY from the company and apply directly through their website or at their facility, some businesses still do that. Good Luck folks!

CareerBuilder.com Company Information