2. Job Search Sites

CareerBuilder.com

3.8/5 (336 ratings)

About CareerBuilder.com

CareerBuilder.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CareerBuilder.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Career Builder?

Original review: June 19, 2020

Very helpful. However need to be more proficient in terms of posting more jobs in a particular field. In order to accommodate every persons that are seeking employment. It's a great place to look whenever seeking employment. It gives you some ideas of the job descriptions and what you might be interested in.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Several job recommends pertaining to my search criteria. Like the fact of not recommending openings out of my qualification. Daily emails with new and updated job opportunities in the area to which I live is a great feature.

Original review: June 17, 2020

Website is very hard to use, uploading resumes is impossible no matter how short. Making a resume on the site is very hard to do. They do have great jobs offers but have never been able to finish application. If I could I may be able to get the job unless there is age problem. I am an older person with over 30 years of experience.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I lost my job during the economic downturn in 2008. I tried every single job site 12 hours a day and most them matched me with jobs I couldn't possibly get. I was just an algorithm for advertising. Every time I used CareerBuilder I was actually contacted by phone from real people in my local area. After only 4 searches I finally found employment.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Easy to upload my resume and be seen by employers. You get a lot of scam emails so it's important to do your research but the site is easy to use. The search feature lets you filter so that you only find jobs that are of interest.

Original review: June 13, 2020

After updating my account, I began to receive junk emails about positions that did not match any of my requirements. I made it clear that I was only available for local full time permanent direct-hire positions suitable for my extensive experience and qualifications, but I kept getting notifications about unsuitable positions with unsuitable pay. I verified that the information I provided was correct, so it became obvious to me that the recruiters who have been contacting me could be just using the Careerbuilder database to gather email addresses and other information. I closed my account and would recommend that others do the same. Good luck.

Original review: June 13, 2020

It seems all the job boards are basically making money, as they should be, but the jobs that are posted aren't always as the employers aren't really needing there. Just looking to see what's out there. They the job boards need to realize people are looking because they need a real change,

Original review: June 12, 2020

Better than Monster, not as good as Indeed. CareerBuilder is another one of the classics like Monster. In a comparison with Indeed and Monster for Legal Jobs in Santa Cruz, CA; found the most local jobs on Indeed, a fair number of close by jobs on CareerBuilder, none on Monster. Like Monster, CareerBuilder has good Job Search Advice (like resume or interview prep).

Original review: June 7, 2020

CareerBuilder distributes aptitude tests that absolutely discriminate extremely qualified applicants, who applied for mid-level resort positions. The tests are timed (12 mins), biased, and exhibit no relationship to the job skills needed to perform such jobs. Careerbuilder also administers merged background checks/ credit checks that not only is irresponsible, it also is extremely damaging to a person’s reputation and good name!

Original review: June 3, 2020

I heard about the site from a friend. Signed up, uploaded my resume and applied to what I thought were legitimate job postings. Not a single job I applied to was legitimate. My applications were responded back to by text messages. What legitimate business replies back by text message instead of email?! I have over 20 text messages at this point and I deleted my account weeks ago and still getting these text messages. Complained to their fraud department weeks ago and no response. Do not use this site.

CareerBuilder.com Company Information