2. Job Search Sites

CareerBuilder.com

3.8/5 (450 ratings)

About CareerBuilder.com

CareerBuilder.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CareerBuilder.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Career Builder?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

They sold my data to spammers, who contact me near-daily referencing CareerBuilder as how they got my data. Their TSST team, regular support team, and even CEO refuse to do anything about it. Trusting them with your personal information is a mistake your inbox will regret.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

The moment I posted my resume on CareerBuilder I've become a target of very fishy, scammy emails and text messages. I've never experienced anything like this with other services. Awful experience, I do not recommend getting involved with CareerBuilder unless you enjoy being spammed 24/7.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Since I signed up with Careerbuilder I've received nothing but scams. Apparently, anyone can view my resume and information but I have no protection. Indeed verifies that the company is legit. Career Builder does not. Don't waste your time or give out your information. Also, be diligent with anyone who contacts you through Career Builder.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Beware for Over Charges and Auto Renewal. We registered on CareerBuilder and paid $300 and opted out when registering for automatic renewal. We uploaded and posted 2 fully detailed Job Posts including our company logo from 1st day and After 30 days we got 4 applications with No relevant experience and they charged another $300 dollars automatically, I called them today, a day after being charged and spoke with Camaron in Billing and explained that we were charged without authorization and his response was there are several areas in the site that needs to be checked off and there is nothing he can do to reverse the charge. We spend THOUSANDS with INDEED every YEAR and I will Only Recommend INDEED and will continue to use INDEED'S Service. STAY AWAY FROM CAREERBUILDER. You will be wasting your hard earned money.

Original review: July 28, 2020

After signing up for an account with CareerBuilder.com, immediately started receiving spam texts for things unrelated to job searches. Then my email inbox started flooding with “recruiters” offering jobs with starting pay set way above normal (for example $25/hour for a basic customer service job), aka too good to be true. On top of that, they were all from people in India. They started calling and leaving voice messages and sending texts. Dozens of them. Any time I tried to change my contact preferences on both the website and the app, it would redirect me to the job search page. Otherwise the settings had no options to stop receiving third party contact.

I attempted emailing their customer service about the contact preferences link redirecting me to the job search page, and received an auto response email that it could take 12 business hours. But my phone continued to blow up from Indian “job recruiters”. That’s when I started researching other reviews on CareerBuilder.com and immediately regretted using their service with my personal information.

Another thing that seemed sketchy was their website had a “do not sell my information” page, where you could fill out a form to stop your info from being sold. That alone is a Hell No From Me. After a week straight of receiving calls, texts, and emails from foreign job recruiters, and being unable to change contact preferences, I just deleted my account. Going forward, I’m sticking with Indeed and Glassdoor. Highly recommend you do the same.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I have used multiple job sites, and Careerbuilder.com is the only one I have ever had issues with. To be clear, I am not complaining about the basic 1st party spam that careerbuilder.com sends; I was able to opt out of that easily enough. However, after making the mistake of applying to just one job through careerbuilder.com, and without even creating an account, careerbuilder.com made my information available publicly. Within 24 hours I started receiving cold emails from "employers" who could barely read or write on a 6th grade level. Notice that some of the following have near identical phrasings.

<<<

Re: CareerBuilder: - About Your Resume! (US-Citizens-only)

Salary: Fixed $1250/ monthly + 40$ bonus"

!!Reply to this e-mail your name, phone and we will get in touch with you.

Job HR

<<<

Ability for gain highly profitable job

Our group is one of the most dynamically progressing and increasing its market capitalization. Because of this, we have opened additional vacancies in our business organisation. We're looking for communicative, interested and liable personnel. We provide full-fledged training with payment for employees who satisfy the main selection criteria for our company. If you are interested in cooperation, we will gladly provide all the required information. Best regards.

Reviewer employment for you

We are a fast-growing establishment, and we are looking for new employees. Currently we are ready to employ reviewer: this vacancy fits those who is profound in English.
    ...
    Look forward to having a long-time cooperation with you.

Corrector vacancy for you
    We are a rapidly developing company, and we need new staff. Currently we are ready to employ reviewer: this job fits everybody who is profound in English.

>>>

When I contacted customer service explaining that I was receiving spam because of their public display of my information and asking that they remove it, all I got were canned responses that were barely applicable to my problem: "I understand that it is frustrating to receive fraudulent emails stating they are coming from our site." I never claimed the spam was coming from their site. Either nobody actually took the time to read my email, or they just didn't care (prolly both).

"We do verify every employer before they are able to use our website. However, if at any time you have a complaint regarding a job that has been listed on our site, or would like to check the legitimacy of an employer saying that they are coming from CareerBuilder.com please submit any email contact between you and the company to our Trust and Site Security Team for them to investigate and verify the employer." A complaint regarding a job? Listed on your site? Neither topic is relevant to my complaint. I continue to follow up with this problem and continue to receive the same canned response. Ultimately I'll need create a new email address. Thanks careerbuilder.com.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Someone was using my phone number for job applications. Resulting in me getting 5-15 calls a day for job offers, each time I got a call for Dawn ** I told them that that wasn’t me and to remove me number from their resume. However they told me only DAWN can removed the number. So let me get this straight.... if someone is LYING and using a false phone number I can’t do anything about it? I assume this person is using a fake number to collect unemployment while making it appear they are job searching.

But there has GOT to be a way to get my number off their website as it is interfering with my job (requires me to answer my phone when random numbers call, and often). I have messaged their “fraud” report email on 4 separate occasions and all I get is a ticket number- and no reply, no call, no one to help me. I have the person's first and last name, as well as the phone number (mine) they are using. That should be enough. :/

Original review: July 7, 2020

Not user friendly to sign up. Very poor turnaround for 'support'. Lengthy process of 'authentication'. I found the sign up process slanted to the job seeker... Several times I had to stop, clear the registration, and go back to select employer. I don't know why. I reached out to 'support'. The morning of the next day, still no response from them. My card was charged and showed my 'purchases' but they didn't get authenticated in timely fashion. I gave up. I requested a refund and the guy who took my request was very helpful and efficient. I don't want to suck up my day by trying to post job ads. I have learned that there are many more user friendly sites who want to post my ad and let me get back to my job!

Original review: July 4, 2020

Career Builder sells your information to 3rd parties. I received many robo calls after registering on their site. I have never had an employer contact me via this site, as with other job sites. I would recommend using other sites, including InDeed or after finding a job on Career Builder go directly to the company site.

Original review: July 3, 2020

CareerBuilder made my experience easy when job searching. They have a easy resume uploader that fills in most of the information for you after the resume is uploaded. They have it where you can filter the job search according to the category of your choice.

CareerBuilder.com Company Information