3.25/5

144 CareerBuilder.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

This website is full of scam job postings-beware. Bogus jobs can pop up anywhere on ANY website but they are definitely rampant on Careerbuilder -->they just want to get your personal info and so tell you they're "interested"/encourage you to apply, etc.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I uploaded my resume and then provided all the required information. When I saw how it looks finally or the profile preview all the information provided has gone. I did it 4 times, all 4 times data or information I provided has been erased. I wasted 2 hours just I the hope to upload my profile and to look for opportunities, it's a complete waste of time. Please stay away and save your time and energy. Finally I deleted my account. Never ever I will visit CareerBuilder????

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I would give zero stars if I could. I have never used CareerBuilder, or even made an account on it, but somehow they've gotten ahold of my name and phone number. I was told that they take it from other job sites. The thing about this, is that my phone number has NEVER been available to see to the public. I've always had it set to be available after it's been sent to a job posting. What I don't like about CareerBuilder is that they've taken my information, and are sharing it WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I've been bombarded with texts and phone calls from strange numbers, and every one of them say that they got my information from CareerBuilder. Again, I've never made an account with this site. I don't trust them, and I don't trust people who say they got my info from them. I can't be alone when I say that this is EXTREMELY shady.

Original review: April 24, 2019

My company has been using CareerBuilder for over a decade so they may have been doing a good job in the past but that is not the case now. We advertised a position with them since January 2019 with no suitable results. In fact CareerBuilder integrates with Facebook and auto submits Facebook profiles as potential candidates. One application was from a 'Florida Tomato' so these are not real people even. I marked the jobs as do not auto renew and figured the subscription will end once the time on the jobs run out.

In the meanwhile I went to their competition, ZipRecruiter and was about to find few great candidates within 1 week. Today I noticed a charge from CareerBuilder on our company card. I called their accounts payable and had the pleasure of being scolded by Tonya. Tonya and later her supervisor, Kristin ** informed me that just because I am not running a job does not mean I don't have to pay for the service. My plan renews today April 24th and she said that I have to pay for it till May 23rd and there is nothing I can do about it. Not only is the service terrible, their customer service just tops it off by being extremely rude and unhelpful. The site lets you select do not auto renew but still auto renews the service as if that's 2 separate things. This is a SCAM!!! I don't see them being in business for very long.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I was living in Chile and decided to move back to America. I thought I was moving back to the Bay Area in CA again, but after talking to my family, I decided to move to FL. Well, in the mean time, I opened an account with CareerBuilder while living my last month in Chile to look for job leads in the Bay Area, I unfortunately had to disclose my local sister´s cell phone number in San Jose, CA to open my account.

Once I got to FL, I updated all my contact information and job preferences to FL instead. Today is April 2019, I closed my account with this company few days ago because, since January 2019, I have only received offers for jobs in the bay area. How come? My sister has been invaded with phone calls from recruiters(from India), when I gave my new local FL phone number on my profile since January 2019 and I am still receiving job leads in CA too, never in FL, even after deleting my profile.

I ONLY opened Career Builder, not any other job portal. They are a nightmare and they are careless about customers´needs. I wrote to customer service in January and they just provided the tips to make sure my profile was set for Florida. I followed up all steps and even when my profile and resume were not a available to be seen by recruiters, I continued receiving job leads for California. I never received any job lead for my location in Florida in 3 months+ after opening my profile and doing all changes. So, is this just a one-time-opportunity job portal and if you move, you will continue living for CareerBuilder in the same city over and over??? Hasta La Vista Baby!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Career Builder?

Original review: March 19, 2019

I posted my Resume about 3 months ago, and since then, there has been an update. I try to post the updated Resume, but The Career Builder site gives me an error message saying that they will have the problem fixed soon, and to try again later. I have tried for 2 weeks, and same error message, and cannot update. I sent them an email, and their "Customer Service" person took no responsibility for the problem on their site, and blamed me and my computer, saying I need to clear cookies or use another browser. Why? My cookies are cleared, and this is the same browser I use for every other internet site without issue for 15 years.

The Customer Service Agent's name is Iswarya, and based on my experience with her, and having a background in Customer Service for over 25 years, I would say that the only reason Career Builder hired her was because their goal is to provide the worst customer experience in Human History. I will believe otherwise when they fire Iswarya, and have a real Customer Service Agent contact me with a solution, not blaming me.

Original review: March 5, 2019

CareerBuilder ten years ago used to be the "go-to" for posting an ad for employees. They are absolutely horrific now. Their customer service is awful. They will call your account manager all day and send them emails daily. I get automated contracts to renew every day when I have sent them multiple emails to stop harassing me. I will never do business with this company again because of their unprofessionalism. Their customer service reps are young guys who speak so unprofessional and don't even know what they are talking about. If you are an employer, DO NOT USE!!!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Anyone with a 3rd grade IQ should apply with CareerBuilder.com. I tried to block a employer who would not stop emailing me with their “we want to interview you” emails. The CareerBuilder link to block the employer told me that I was not authorized. Really? It’s my account. I emailed them with the problem and they closed my account “per my request”. I did not request my account to be closed.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Don't pay Any Amount!!?? Pls be alert!!?? I have attained call from CareerBuilder.com for recruitment of job profile of Axis Bank as an Financial Accountant. So for registration there was 2500Rs. amount. Also have been paid by me which was refundable. After it call was transferred to "HR" department, I haven't know there will also holding fees for hiring which was 7500Rs. It was too much.

I'm calling them to refund my amount, the recruiter of company have blocked my contact number, not giving any response. The company is decreasing their goodwill as well as performance with candidates. I have sent mail also many times but they aren't responding properly. Hence Please Don't "BELIEVE" on this online job recruiters. CareerBuilder.com contact no.**. Kindly I want only my refundable amount RS.2000??? It's heartly request to Consumers Affairs department.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Every time I tried to apply for a job, I either get an offer for a sales or marketing job. Somebody needs to do a daily evaluation on their website and make sure that legit jobs are actually on the job site instead of just stupid sales and marketing jobs!

CareerBuilder.com Company Information