CareerBuilder.com

Compare Job Sites

Research top Job Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Career Builder is it good site for people looking for employment. They send you texts every day and emails on jobs that you're interested and more just in case you want to change your career too. Pretty easy site to use and if you don't have time to check your email that's okay because you'll get daily text sometimes more than one or two. It's a great site for the unemployed. I made an account and it was easy and simple. Ask all the right questions, filled it out like an application.

But I never did find a job there. They kept sending me jobs that I had no interest in or experiencing or qualified in. Don't know where they got all that from because what I filled out the application I did not put that down. I was very clear on what I was interested in. Career Builder send you jobs that are 500 miles away. Sometimes not even did the state to live. And the text messages can be annoying at times especially when the jobs you have no interest in and never applied for. But they work hard on trying to get you a job.

The search engine made it easy and simple for me to look for specific jobs. I was able to get certain job listings upon my filters. However, it ran very slow. It also showed some job listings that I was not interested in even though I filtered for certain jobs. Other than those it was very simple to create my account.

I am in the desktop, laptop computer business. I have been in security for numerous years and they had a wide variety on the type of job I was looking for and within 15 miles of my home. I used CareerBuilder not only for helping me to find a job but also helped me to put a resume together as most employers require that now and after being with the same company for 27 years it was difficult for me to even attempt getting a new job. It was easy to connect with prospective employers because CareerBuilder listed the job in great detail and what your qualifications needed to be. I will use CareerBuilder.com again. They're fast, efficient and fair.

Career Builders offer a large selection of potential prospective employers that are located in my hometown, while appeals to me because I won't have to commute back and forth to work. They are pretty much state of the arts when it comes to pairing the right candidate with the right potential employers. This saves time and effort when conducting a job search. But I wish they offered more potential prospective employers that are within my ZIP code, which would lessen my time to commute back and forth to work.

I had to create an account. Thereafter, I also had to post my resume, and on occasion, I also had to update my resume to curtail it for the position I was interested in applying for. I always had to create an account, and post my resume with each of these search engines to ensure proper recipient to receive my resume along with proper follow up with each employers whom I've submitted to resumes to.

I realized CareerBuilder.com is the place to find a job. They have a great set up and a large variety of jobs to search through. You can put up your resume so employers can contact you if you qualify for the job they are hiring for. I created an account so I could apply for open positions and upload my resume. Some of the ads are cluttered and hard to understand but that’s because some employers try to put too much in one ad so they can get confusing and then we will get upset and walk away. But after a while, you can figure it out before you get frustrated and give up altogether.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Career Builder?

It's a great site with a lot of job opportunities. I like this site because it matches your profile with great employers who are looking for someone with exactly what you're looking for saving me time. I am instantly connected. I made my account and downloaded my resume. I was connected with job opportunities that I qualified for. It's very simple to use and I landed over 3 interviews in one week. But I would like more job opportunities in the city I live in. This would lower travel money providing me with the convenience of working close to home. This feature would help. Don't like to travel to work every day.

I was contacted by a recruiter after responding to a lot of Admin. Assist. positions Employers posted on CareerBuilder. I asked if they had even looked at my resume. Since it appeared to me that was not even glanced at. I had spent a lot of time make sure I was a good fit for position before applying, I don't want to waste their time. Why would recruiter want to waste mine? I asked since they didn't seem to care to remove me from their list and make no more contact. Five minutes give or take, she sent a listing for general labor and lawn service. I let go on the person and refuse to have any more dealings with CareerBuilder's from now on.

If a company hires someone like that, I have no faith in them. No she/he knew what they were doing and you could almost see the smirk on her face when sending me the inappropriate job listing. I take my time when I apply make sure I'm a good fit. Why would someone just be obnoxious, rude, unprofessional, and just what's the word? Bad day, so what me too, I do not have a job, you do so you are ridiculing me? Thanks but no thanks. CareerBuilder has always been off about jobs sent to me, but not like this.

CareerBuilder.com have jobs that are not listed anywhere else. It has the ability to filter by annual pay, date posted, company, category, and hours. It also has the ability to save your resume. It is also fairly easy to use. But it has fewer jobs listed than on other websites. I am not sure how this could be solved other than more advertising or perks for employers to post their job openings. I have not made an account yet because I prefer to use other websites. It is harder to look for jobs on this site due to the lack of jobs posted.

CareerBuilder.com is real Handy finding jobs that I qualify for. It's very easy to navigate through the website. I like this very much. I plan on using this a lot more in the future. But I would categorize it a lot better and have more jobs on there. I would also make it easier to get a hold of job opportunities period. Nevertheless, I really like this website a lot. It was very easy uploading my resume and deregistering. It was easy to find a job. I found everything I needed and timely manner.

CareerBuilder.com is very user-friendly. You put in where you are looking for a job, salary range you are looking for. You can upload your resume, so that you don't have to type it in each time for school job that you apply for. The way it is set up is just right! I put in my name, address, date of birth, education, what types of positions I was interested in and the area I was interested in with a mile radius all based on what the positions stated needed qualifications. I uploaded my resume and posted it to the jobs that I applied for. I put in the types of jobs I was interested in and it was very easy to find those jobs because it came up with a list and then when I found jobs that I was interested in, I decided that I wanted to use the site to apply for those open positions.

CareerBuilder.com is very easy to use and very easy to job search. It search jobs in your area and your radius is very helpful. The website is pretty awesome. I received a few callbacks each time I do applications. I love the website. Once you make your account it keep you updated daily. You keep posting jobs in your field. The website is pretty good and I would recommend it.

At first I was not happy about having to make an account but it ended up working for the best in the end. It was very easy for me to make an account and find job listings. Most of the listings led me to the application process. All of my preferences, information and search history are saved so that whenever I log on, easy to access and new jobs that fit my interest appear. I liked that I could find positions I was interested in with clear search terms and the website was easy to navigate. But some of the postings were unclear or irrelevant.

I like CareerBuilder.com because of the immense variety of job postings they have listed. There is always a job posting I can choose from and I like the filtering system also. I made an account and it is simple and I was able to find job listings. I was actually lucky enough to get a job. But I would make resume building and also resume attached to the website. For example I want to be able to email my resume straight to the employer from the app.

It was difficult to find job listings. I would improve the search functions. I had to use several different combinations of search words before I found what I was looking for. I remember using Monster in the past and even that was slightly better. There should be some incentive for people to list on the site so there will be more options for people searching for a job. Also, a lot of the jobs that came up weren't what I was looking for. It was a little disappointing and discouraging and I went to other sites after this. I think there aren't enough people using them.

It was easy to create an account in CareerBuilder.com but I wish there was a less time-consuming way to apply for jobs like indeed.com has. They have an option (only on some jobs though) where all you have to do is submit a resume and that's it. I wish all applications were like that since most people find applying for jobs tedious and time-consuming as well as slightly difficult to maneuver around the website. But I enjoyed using this website. It was nice to be able to only create one resume and have it submitted to multiple jobs so I wouldn't have to retype it. I like that I only had to do this once and CareerBuilder.com automatically saved my information and I liked that the job search was relevant to my qualifications.

CareerBuilder.com is the best one so far. I like how the website is set up. It's easy to navigate through and easy to understand. Some of the best options than any other website out there. There are so many options to choose from and how you want your resume to be submitted. I like the fact that you can fill out your resume and the employers find you. There are so many employers to choose from. However, I dislike some of the options there that are not even necessary. I would definitely change the lengthy sign-up process. I would make the process a little more friendly. Nevertheless, the website prompted me to set up an account so I can easily submit my resume to different employers. I used the website to easily apply for many open positions in my field of work. I even applied to open positions that were not in my field and each one were easy to submit my resume to.

The Career Builder website was very easy to navigate, and search for jobs in my area, and had more choices available in a reasonable distance from my home. I also, like the friendly but simple layout of the website. The only thing I would improve would be to remove truck driving from warehouse work. They do deal with warehouses, but it's mainly a driving job. I made an account and I didn't find what I was looking for, but it has a lot of options, otherwise. It also gave me a good idea of what career path I could choose and how well the job market is for those careers. It was a somewhat satisfying experience.

I made an account in CareerBuilder.com and uploaded my resume. It is very easy to find opportunities with their expansive search options. I have not applied... yet. Still narrowing down some options. But I think that is a great resource and I recommend it to others.

You could make an account if you actually wanted to apply for a position on their website. However, I used it more of a browsing search engine to see if anything sparked my interest to change jobs. At that point in time, I was not interested in any of the jobs enough to apply. I wish some of the jobs would have a better description, but that might be more of the company who is hiring at fault more than Career Builder itself. But it was nice to have a search engine that covered a wide variety of jobs and different companies to pick from. I also liked that I could type in specific search words to find the best fitting Job for me.

I used this website to apply to different jobs that were hiring. It was simple to find job listings, but they could have been organized in a better fashion. If the website maybe used color-coded tabs to differentiate between job titles, it would make it easier to pinpoint jobs. For example, if one tab for resume is in blue, you can remember resume as blue. It makes the process faster. But I like that you can categorize your selections to make it easier to find what you are looking for. If I am looking for a retail position, I can specify my search to only that category.

I like the many jobs that they had listed in my area and near where I live. I also like the resume option. My account with CareerBuilder has helped me find some really good jobs in the past. I've used this site on and off for years. Over the years, CareerBuilder has constantly improved. I'll always use this site when it comes to searching for a job or career change. I recommend this site to my friends and family all the time. My 16-year-old daughter found her very first job through CareerBuilder. It is my very first choice when I want to do a job search/career change. I have been to other job search sites and still CareerBuilder is my number 1 favorite.

I came across an ad for CareerBuilder.com as I typed in job offers on google. It took me to the site and based on what I had seen of it I decided to make an account. I was able to apply to a nearby job offer. I used CareerBuilder.com as a search tool more often because it had intensive information on all available jobs in different fields that would interest me and I know I'm getting a very great value from visiting their website. My experience was very satisfied.

I decided I would make an account on CareerBuilder basically and put in everything I need to put in, submitted my resume, uploaded it and collected quite a bit of various Job searches and was very satisfied with other results so I see nothing wrong with it. It gives me my local jobs that are in or around my area plus it gives me the option to apply straight from their site. It was a simple site to use you know nothing major, want to word searches and you had your jobs around you. It give you good description of the job and what they required and how to play with them. Basically it serves the purpose and it's a good site. The top out there. I enjoyed it.

Using the Career Builder website is very easy. First I made an account which only took a couple minutes to answer some information about me then I did a resume. This is important because this is what matches you to your jobs. In a day or so they call you. What I like about CareerBuilder is that you fill out some questions and your resume on their website (careerbuilder.com) then they email you when there are potential matches. I haven't been using Career Builder very long but I'm very happy about how the service works. I love getting emails about the jobs I qualify for because it's not like searching thru the paper and finding nothing - you're already matched to these jobs. It's been very successful and lots of interviews.

I used Career Builder because I heard a lot of reliable things from it and my friends said that it is sometimes better than LinkedIn. Not to mention there are other bonus features like adding friends without having to pay premium for connections, communicating with friends with reliable and protected SMS services, and also connecting with employers in real time which is a huge benefit as a young person myself. I made an account so I could access all the features I could at no extra cost to myself and my wallet. I think that this works perfectly for me because I want to get a great job and make myself into the career that I want. But they should add more features like step to step ways to fill out applications and more searches for job interviews because that is what I need help the most. If these features were integrated into the system then I personally believe that this website could be better than LinkedIn.

In the past several weeks I posted my resume on CareerBuilder. My resume contained my phone number -- I subsequently reposted a resume without a phone number, after receiving several calls for irrelevant positions.

In this group of calls, I was contacted by a female with an Indian name and accent working for a recruiting company called Collabera.com. The job employer and position sounded great as well as the pay and location. She telephoned me frequently (to determine my availability) over a period of 2 weeks. I traced the phone number that she gave me to a number in New Jersey. I was able to reach her on this phone number. She asked me to electronically sign a consent form to guarantee her company the right to solely represent me for this position. Another thing that bothered me was that she told me I would get only 24 hours notice when an interview was scheduled. After a couple of weeks she called me with a second position for the same employer. The same consent form was required with my electronic signature. Nothing ever happened.

I had nearly the same experience with another recruiter who claimed to represent Disney. I got several emails from recruiters for this same Disney position. I concluded that the positions were fake. On closer scrutiny, I see that all of the postings to CareerBuilder are from recruiting companies -- I see none from the client companies, themselves. Since then, I have received emails from over 20 recruiters with Indian names, all located on the east coast. There have been a couple who call me repeatedly, and keep leaving voice mails, even though my phone number is no longer in my posted resume. I'm sure that they share our information. They claim to represent Fortune 500 companies. Some ask for the last 4 digits of my social security number and for the month and day of my birthday. The most common recruiting companies that email me are spectraforce.com, etalentnetwork.com and idctechnologies.com.

CareerBuilder.com includes a much more varied set of search results when I used it. It was also connected to my local newspapers and a lot of jobs available to apply for in my area. The process of making an account was simple enough and I used the site to search for jobs but had to apply through the companies website as that is what was required by the companies as compared to applying through the site.

CareerBuilder.com was an easy, unique and amazing website. It was very helpful and it gave me a lot of options. I made an account and it was very simple. However, CareerBuilder.com could be more descriptive. Other than that, it's the best website ever!

It was simple to find job listings on CareerBuilder. I use the website, CareerBuilder.com to apply to several open positions. I like that there are so very many options to choose from. The website helps me get specific and detailed information about the job I'm looking for. They also give examples and advice for resumes and interviews. But I would like them to offer more first-hand experience or ratings from previous employees. Real information on what the interviews are like at this job, what the actual salaries are like & what it's like to work there.

CarrerBuilder.com was easy to navigate. It was nice having so many career options in one place making it easy to search for the perfect fit. It was also easy to search by job and location. On the other hand, the website was difficult to use from a mobile phone and I was forced to use my computer to finish creating an account. I also receive more emails than I'd like.

CareerBuilder.com Company Profile