2.75/5

143 CareerBuilder.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 14, 2019

I uploaded my resume and then provided all the required information. When I saw how it looks finally or the profile preview all the information provided has gone. I did it 4 times, all 4 times data or information I provided has been erased. I wasted 2 hours just I the hope to upload my profile and to look for opportunities, it's a complete waste of time. Please stay away and save your time and energy. Finally I deleted my account. Never ever I will visit CareerBuilder????

Original review: May 13, 2019

I would give zero stars if I could. I have never used CareerBuilder, or even made an account on it, but somehow they've gotten ahold of my name and phone number. I was told that they take it from other job sites. The thing about this, is that my phone number has NEVER been available to see to the public. I've always had it set to be available after it's been sent to a job posting. What I don't like about CareerBuilder is that they've taken my information, and are sharing it WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I've been bombarded with texts and phone calls from strange numbers, and every one of them say that they got my information from CareerBuilder. Again, I've never made an account with this site. I don't trust them, and I don't trust people who say they got my info from them. I can't be alone when I say that this is EXTREMELY shady.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2019

My company has been using CareerBuilder for over a decade so they may have been doing a good job in the past but that is not the case now. We advertised a position with them since January 2019 with no suitable results. In fact CareerBuilder integrates with Facebook and auto submits Facebook profiles as potential candidates. One application was from a 'Florida Tomato' so these are not real people even. I marked the jobs as do not auto renew and figured the subscription will end once the time on the jobs run out.

In the meanwhile I went to their competition, ZipRecruiter and was about to find few great candidates within 1 week. Today I noticed a charge from CareerBuilder on our company card. I called their accounts payable and had the pleasure of being scolded by Tonya. Tonya and later her supervisor, Kristin ** informed me that just because I am not running a job does not mean I don't have to pay for the service. My plan renews today April 24th and she said that I have to pay for it till May 23rd and there is nothing I can do about it. Not only is the service terrible, their customer service just tops it off by being extremely rude and unhelpful. The site lets you select do not auto renew but still auto renews the service as if that's 2 separate things. This is a SCAM!!! I don't see them being in business for very long.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I was living in Chile and decided to move back to America. I thought I was moving back to the Bay Area in CA again, but after talking to my family, I decided to move to FL. Well, in the mean time, I opened an account with CareerBuilder while living my last month in Chile to look for job leads in the Bay Area, I unfortunately had to disclose my local sister´s cell phone number in San Jose, CA to open my account.

Once I got to FL, I updated all my contact information and job preferences to FL instead. Today is April 2019, I closed my account with this company few days ago because, since January 2019, I have only received offers for jobs in the bay area. How come? My sister has been invaded with phone calls from recruiters(from India), when I gave my new local FL phone number on my profile since January 2019 and I am still receiving job leads in CA too, never in FL, even after deleting my profile.

I ONLY opened Career Builder, not any other job portal. They are a nightmare and they are careless about customers´needs. I wrote to customer service in January and they just provided the tips to make sure my profile was set for Florida. I followed up all steps and even when my profile and resume were not a available to be seen by recruiters, I continued receiving job leads for California. I never received any job lead for my location in Florida in 3 months+ after opening my profile and doing all changes. So, is this just a one-time-opportunity job portal and if you move, you will continue living for CareerBuilder in the same city over and over??? Hasta La Vista Baby!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I posted my Resume about 3 months ago, and since then, there has been an update. I try to post the updated Resume, but The Career Builder site gives me an error message saying that they will have the problem fixed soon, and to try again later. I have tried for 2 weeks, and same error message, and cannot update. I sent them an email, and their "Customer Service" person took no responsibility for the problem on their site, and blamed me and my computer, saying I need to clear cookies or use another browser. Why? My cookies are cleared, and this is the same browser I use for every other internet site without issue for 15 years.

The Customer Service Agent's name is Iswarya, and based on my experience with her, and having a background in Customer Service for over 25 years, I would say that the only reason Career Builder hired her was because their goal is to provide the worst customer experience in Human History. I will believe otherwise when they fire Iswarya, and have a real Customer Service Agent contact me with a solution, not blaming me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Career Builder?

Original review: March 5, 2019

CareerBuilder ten years ago used to be the "go-to" for posting an ad for employees. They are absolutely horrific now. Their customer service is awful. They will call your account manager all day and send them emails daily. I get automated contracts to renew every day when I have sent them multiple emails to stop harassing me. I will never do business with this company again because of their unprofessionalism. Their customer service reps are young guys who speak so unprofessional and don't even know what they are talking about. If you are an employer, DO NOT USE!!!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Anyone with a 3rd grade IQ should apply with CareerBuilder.com. I tried to block a employer who would not stop emailing me with their “we want to interview you” emails. The CareerBuilder link to block the employer told me that I was not authorized. Really? It’s my account. I emailed them with the problem and they closed my account “per my request”. I did not request my account to be closed.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Don't pay Any Amount!!?? Pls be alert!!?? I have attained call from CareerBuilder.com for recruitment of job profile of Axis Bank as an Financial Accountant. So for registration there was 2500Rs. amount. Also have been paid by me which was refundable. After it call was transferred to "HR" department, I haven't know there will also holding fees for hiring which was 7500Rs. It was too much.

I'm calling them to refund my amount, the recruiter of company have blocked my contact number, not giving any response. The company is decreasing their goodwill as well as performance with candidates. I have sent mail also many times but they aren't responding properly. Hence Please Don't "BELIEVE" on this online job recruiters. CareerBuilder.com contact no.**. Kindly I want only my refundable amount RS.2000??? It's heartly request to Consumers Affairs department.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Every time I tried to apply for a job, I either get an offer for a sales or marketing job. Somebody needs to do a daily evaluation on their website and make sure that legit jobs are actually on the job site instead of just stupid sales and marketing jobs!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I am receiving emails from CareerBuilder. I am in Pakistan and they want me to get hired in US. Lol. In fact I never made account. Never signed up. This is insane, illegal. I am jobless from many years. I am hurt now and more disappointed because that's a fake website.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I hardly provide personal information online. However, careerbuilder.com seemed to be a good source of career development. IT IS NOT! After uploading my information in their website, I started receiving SEVERAL phone calls, even in the middle of the night, with people with the worst personal skills ever, trying to steal my information. I am receiving SPAMs on my personal e-mail account, phone calls, etc. This is a headache careerbuilder.com caused on myself and my family. Now, it says that I CANNOT cancel my account because of my password is wrong. I am guessing then the careerbuilder.com is selling my data to Spammers and doing whatever they want with my information? I demand my account to be deleted, otherwise I am personally taking legal adjustments to this.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I have never communicated or created an account with CareerBuilder.com but keep receiving emails from them and other scam services. They all offer random jobs that are not even related to me. I suspect they stole my information from LinkedIn.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I received a “Welcome to CareerBuilder” email not too long ago and never signed up. I soon began to receive a dozen phone calls and emails for sales positions. My information was used to create an account that was never authorized. This is extremely frustrating and intrusive. I am still being contacted by several of these sales companies. I’ve since asked them to remove my info but based on other reviews here, it seems I’m not the only one who has faced this issue. It could have cost me my new job if they saw my public resume on here and thought I was job hunting when I wasn’t. This is highly unethical and should be illegal. Shame on CareerBuilder for doing this.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I did not register for this website. I received an email thanking me for uploading my resume. I did not provide any of this information, nor did I authorise the use of my information. Creating an account in my name using my email and a fake address is COMPLETELY FRAUDULENT. I have requested that my account be removed and expect to be informed when this is done within the 30 day window (which is egregious). I will be negatively rating this site on every possible review site possible. Skimming my LinkedIn for this information and creating an account in my name is akin to identity theft.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

They promise much and deliver nothing. I got roped into this nonsense. Now, I get 4 to five calls a day. When I ask them to stop calling, they hang up in your face. Most of the operators sound like college age kids working a dead end, minimum wage paying job. These people are horrible.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I received an email from a Career Builder recruiter about a possible job. The email asked for a call. We set up a time to talk; the recruiter was late. When we got on the phone we basically went through my resume and I was told this was a call center job in insurance and they thought I would be a good fit. I said I would be interested and was told I'd have to speak to a supervisor. I spoke to the supervisor. She spoke really fast, was very curt and totally disinterested in what I was saying. By her tone I knew I would not be offered a chance to interview. Sure enough, I got an email from the recruiter after speaking with the supervisor saying they were sorry and I wasn't a fit. This is the second time I have dealt with Career Builder and it is the second poor experience. If they can't place you or make money from you right away they have no use for you. How does one go from a fit to no thanks?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I was told that CareerBuilder.com was a great way to get noticed, but the only people who contact me are recruiters and head hunters that don't even offer full-time jobs anymore because nobody hires through staffing or temp agencies anymore. So the advertisement that you will be working a great job in little or no time is all a ploy to get you to sign up and then be bombarded by staffing agencies that send you emails left and right and then their phone calls are all from staffing agencies offering temp jobs "or the same job through three different agencies." Then you get what is called a "double submission" so they throw your job application altogether because the headhunters don't want to argue over the better offer.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE, career builder is a way to sell your information listed as third party information which is a fancy way of saying staffing agencies and they all have the same job available, because when you get multiple agencies all calling about the same job position and same job location, you know they are all like two male koi fish fighting to the death and the people are the prize. So unless you want to be bouncing from job to job for the rest of your career, you won't find anything on careerbuilder.com but an abundance of staffing agencies flooding your email with those positions all from temp or contract jobs and they are all going to tell you they are offering a temp to hire, or a contract job, because very few are direct hire anymore.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Never landed a job through this site. What I did get were fraudulent e-mails from SCAMMERS. Every e-mail I received from CareerBuilder from a "potential employer" always wanted me to send money, pay fees, or cash checks and then MoneyGram or use other money transfer services to send cash to some person and tell me I get to keep x amount of the money from their BOGUS check. Nothing but scams here folks, I always verified anything I got to make sure it was legitimate, and I hate to say it, 100% of the time the job offers I received were NOT LEGITIMATE!

They were scammers that would steal your info, bank account info and bleed you dry if they could. I'm just glad I was SMARTER than the scammers that use these sites to harvest e-mails and personal data to lure a person into such traps. I never fell for it, and it's why I WILL NOT recommend any of these online job services to ANYONE. Want a job, talk to the company or type work you want, get the website DIRECTLY from the company and apply directly through their website or at their facility, some businesses still do that. Good Luck folks!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I hope you like SPAM. That's all you will get here. I am still spending my hour, disgusted about how these people upload your resume. Then have to fill in all the gaps, that make you look like an idiot. Your resume does not correspond with the void tactics used on this site, to make you look good. It just shows employers, how you have not filled every gap, which is misleading. Indeed.com is the way to go. These companies try to show your faults, not your accomplishments. Waste of time, don't spend yours. There are many sites that are looking for your career. Don't let this fool you! Now it's giving me a test to see if I'm a robot. ;)

Original review: July 18, 2018

Within seconds of entering my phone number, my phone was ringing with spam calls. Upwards of 10 times per day. No matter how many times you ask to be taken off their list, they hang up on you and try again. It is absolutely infuriating. Spam emails from all over after too.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I have sent 2 feedbacks to CareerBuilder team on the important issue. I have not heard from them for 5 months. Issue 1: The data in the profile below the [Save] button - in not getting updated - so there is no way to update sections like Skills, etc. Issue 2. I tried to delete my account and to re-create it. I am not able to do this as the ONLY option is to reactivate my old account. NO way to create new account with the same email. I want to keep my email! Suggestion: Add the "Objective" section so we can put minimum requirements, such as at least "Location". Recruiters call from all over US, which is waste of time for all.

Original review: May 24, 2018

On May 23, 2018 I received phone calls and text messages regarding a job offer where the caller stated they found my resume on Careerbuilder.com. The problem with this is I never signed up for an account with Careerbuilder.com. I looked back through my resume email address inbox and found that on April 27th at 7:46 pm I received an email stating welcome to Careerbuilder. There after a regular emails regarding how many times my resume showed up in searches and how many times it was viewed.

I NEVER UPLOADED A RESUME because I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR AN ACCOUNT WITH Careerbuilder.com. My resume is only on two sites, Indeed.com and LinkedIn. Both of which I have privacy settings turned on and I haven't logged into since 2016. I work in a sensitive field and I'm now at risk of losing my employment due to the reckless actions of this company. How is it possible and not criminal that a business can just acquire your details and put them on display publicly?

Original review: May 18, 2018

I'm really glad I'm getting so many call backs, but... Half the calls I'm getting aren't even in the same field as jobs I'm applying for. I've been applying for entry level data entry and receptionist type jobs, but I've gotten all kinds of random calls - everything from executive/management positions in sales/marketing to housekeeping. The calls I am getting that are in the field I'm applying for have all been a long distance from me. A few of the positions were even from out of state! I thought CareerBuilder was supposed to match you to potential employers based on your profile, resume and job applications you submit. What's the strategy here? I really need a new job but that doesn't mean I'm going to just take whatever comes along as CareerBuilder evidently assumes. I would rather job hunt on my own. CareerBuilder is no help, just a waste of time.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I feel that this site falsely lures you into finding your perfect career match. All the extras pull you away from your purpose & you get nothing but questions about furthering your education. Become frustrated, lose interest & immediately are hounded by telemarketers. Ridiculous.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Beware about providing your phone #. The recruiter said they’d help me find work by sending me job posts (which they never did). Then after talking to them I’ve been getting spam phone calls everyday.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I have been using CareerBuilder.com for several years and have NEVER received an email or call pertaining to employment opportunities (other than selling insurance), not even interview. I am not sure why it is so hard to find gainful employment in Mississippi that is centered around my education level and employment history. I just wonder if businesses are getting my applications. I refuse to believe my skill level is so unappealing that no one is willing to even call me for an interview. This make me feel companies are not really looking for employees, they are just using the website for advertising. I am very displeased and discouraged in fair employment opportunities.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Functionally speaking, CareerBuilder is basically on par with other job sites. The postings seem consistent with others (nothing exclusive, not too much seen on other boards not showing here). The profile and resume tools are as expected. The one thing I noted was that the saved search (and email alert) function are useless. For one reason or another, they don't bother to save all the parameters (including the preferred industries), so the results are way broader than you think you're getting.

The other big downer about this (and why I had to cancel) is that if you share your contact info, you get inundated with spam. Loads of email and phone contacts from supposed people offering career opportunities, but really trying to recruit franchisees, insurance agents, and other such schemes. The few communications you see regarding actual jobs are obviously mass-email advertisements from body shops that have clearly not even attempted to classify your profile. It seems that CareerBuilder is first a mass lead-generator for these businesses using shady tactics to prey on jobseekers and second a jobseekers' platform. I'd stay away.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I have been a recruiter for over 20 years and trying to establish an account with this company has been a complete joke. I'm starting a new business and because I did not have my email address or website set up yet they said they could not verify it and I was a fraudulent account. I sent the LLC letter right from the state still no one could fix this. The only answer they gave was we can't do business with you and not one person no matter how far I went up the chain and tried to get them what they needed could fix this and or even follow up. I've never written a review in my professional history. You have to really get under my skin for me to waste my time doing this. You all need serious help with account sales and customer service.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I find this website very good and easy for find what I was looking for and the emails telling about job in my file really did help me a lot.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Career Builder is it good site for people looking for employment. They send you texts every day and emails on jobs that you're interested and more just in case you want to change your career too. Pretty easy site to use and if you don't have time to check your email that's okay because you'll get daily text sometimes more than one or two. It's a great site for the unemployed. I made an account and it was easy and simple. Ask all the right questions, filled it out like an application.

But I never did find a job there. They kept sending me jobs that I had no interest in or experiencing or qualified in. Don't know where they got all that from because what I filled out the application I did not put that down. I was very clear on what I was interested in. Career Builder send you jobs that are 500 miles away. Sometimes not even did the state to live. And the text messages can be annoying at times especially when the jobs you have no interest in and never applied for. But they work hard on trying to get you a job.

CareerBuilder.com Company Information