2. Job Search Sites

CareerBuilder.com

CareerBuilder.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.55/5

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Unsubscribe at any time.

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

CareerBuilder.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CareerBuilder.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Career Builder?

Original review: July 2, 2020

Job searching can be stress enough. And while there are many avenues of search, I find CareerBuilder to be easy, reliable, and provide enough information, that does not make you feel as though you have wasted your time, thus adding to your already stress. Besides, they have many opportunities within their site to offer a plethora of options.

Original review: June 23, 2020

It's very easy to search for a specific job and the search is very thorough. It makes it easy to apply for a job from the main screen as well, without even having to open the listing all the way. I also like that I can save my resume on the site and applying is as easy as clicking one button. The website is fast and there is no issue with ads blocking the content or getting in the way of my search. I would certainly recommend the site to anyone looking for a new job or a career change.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: June 17, 2020

Website is very hard to use, uploading resumes is impossible no matter how short. Making a resume on the site is very hard to do. They do have great jobs offers but have never been able to finish application. If I could I may be able to get the job unless there is age problem. I am an older person with over 30 years of experience.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I lost my job during the economic downturn in 2008. I tried every single job site 12 hours a day and most them matched me with jobs I couldn't possibly get. I was just an algorithm for advertising. Every time I used CareerBuilder I was actually contacted by phone from real people in my local area. After only 4 searches I finally found employment.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Better than Monster, not as good as Indeed. CareerBuilder is another one of the classics like Monster. In a comparison with Indeed and Monster for Legal Jobs in Santa Cruz, CA; found the most local jobs on Indeed, a fair number of close by jobs on CareerBuilder, none on Monster. Like Monster, CareerBuilder has good Job Search Advice (like resume or interview prep).

Original review: July 28, 2020

After signing up for an account with CareerBuilder.com, immediately started receiving spam texts for things unrelated to job searches. Then my email inbox started flooding with “recruiters” offering jobs with starting pay set way above normal (for example $25/hour for a basic customer service job), aka too good to be true. On top of that, they were all from people in India. They started calling and leaving voice messages and sending texts. Dozens of them. Any time I tried to change my contact preferences on both the website and the app, it would redirect me to the job search page. Otherwise the settings had no options to stop receiving third party contact.

I attempted emailing their customer service about the contact preferences link redirecting me to the job search page, and received an auto response email that it could take 12 business hours. But my phone continued to blow up from Indian “job recruiters”. That’s when I started researching other reviews on CareerBuilder.com and immediately regretted using their service with my personal information.

Another thing that seemed sketchy was their website had a “do not sell my information” page, where you could fill out a form to stop your info from being sold. That alone is a Hell No From Me. After a week straight of receiving calls, texts, and emails from foreign job recruiters, and being unable to change contact preferences, I just deleted my account. Going forward, I’m sticking with Indeed and Glassdoor. Highly recommend you do the same.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I have used multiple job sites, and Careerbuilder.com is the only one I have ever had issues with. To be clear, I am not complaining about the basic 1st party spam that careerbuilder.com sends; I was able to opt out of that easily enough. However, after making the mistake of applying to just one job through careerbuilder.com, and without even creating an account, careerbuilder.com made my information available publicly. Within 24 hours I started receiving cold emails from "employers" who could barely read or write on a 6th grade level. Notice that some of the following have near identical phrasings.

<<<

Re: CareerBuilder: - About Your Resume! (US-Citizens-only)

Salary: Fixed $1250/ monthly + 40$ bonus"

!!Reply to this e-mail your name, phone and we will get in touch with you.

Job HR

<<<

Ability for gain highly profitable job

Our group is one of the most dynamically progressing and increasing its market capitalization. Because of this, we have opened additional vacancies in our business organisation. We're looking for communicative, interested and liable personnel. We provide full-fledged training with payment for employees who satisfy the main selection criteria for our company. If you are interested in cooperation, we will gladly provide all the required information. Best regards.

Reviewer employment for you

We are a fast-growing establishment, and we are looking for new employees. Currently we are ready to employ reviewer: this vacancy fits those who is profound in English.
      ...
      Look forward to having a long-time cooperation with you.

Corrector vacancy for you
      We are a rapidly developing company, and we need new staff. Currently we are ready to employ reviewer: this job fits everybody who is profound in English.

>>>

When I contacted customer service explaining that I was receiving spam because of their public display of my information and asking that they remove it, all I got were canned responses that were barely applicable to my problem: "I understand that it is frustrating to receive fraudulent emails stating they are coming from our site." I never claimed the spam was coming from their site. Either nobody actually took the time to read my email, or they just didn't care (prolly both).

"We do verify every employer before they are able to use our website. However, if at any time you have a complaint regarding a job that has been listed on our site, or would like to check the legitimacy of an employer saying that they are coming from CareerBuilder.com please submit any email contact between you and the company to our Trust and Site Security Team for them to investigate and verify the employer." A complaint regarding a job? Listed on your site? Neither topic is relevant to my complaint. I continue to follow up with this problem and continue to receive the same canned response. Ultimately I'll need create a new email address. Thanks careerbuilder.com.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Someone was using my phone number for job applications. Resulting in me getting 5-15 calls a day for job offers, each time I got a call for Dawn ** I told them that that wasn’t me and to remove me number from their resume. However they told me only DAWN can removed the number. So let me get this straight.... if someone is LYING and using a false phone number I can’t do anything about it? I assume this person is using a fake number to collect unemployment while making it appear they are job searching.

But there has GOT to be a way to get my number off their website as it is interfering with my job (requires me to answer my phone when random numbers call, and often). I have messaged their “fraud” report email on 4 separate occasions and all I get is a ticket number- and no reply, no call, no one to help me. I have the person's first and last name, as well as the phone number (mine) they are using. That should be enough. :/

Original review: July 7, 2020

Not user friendly to sign up. Very poor turnaround for 'support'. Lengthy process of 'authentication'. I found the sign up process slanted to the job seeker... Several times I had to stop, clear the registration, and go back to select employer. I don't know why. I reached out to 'support'. The morning of the next day, still no response from them. My card was charged and showed my 'purchases' but they didn't get authenticated in timely fashion. I gave up. I requested a refund and the guy who took my request was very helpful and efficient. I don't want to suck up my day by trying to post job ads. I have learned that there are many more user friendly sites who want to post my ad and let me get back to my job!

Original review: July 4, 2020

Career Builder sells your information to 3rd parties. I received many robo calls after registering on their site. I have never had an employer contact me via this site, as with other job sites. I would recommend using other sites, including InDeed or after finding a job on Career Builder go directly to the company site.

CareerBuilder.com Company Information