CareerBuilder.com
3.59/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

CareerBuilder.com

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

CareerBuilder.com Reviews

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

NO STARS!!! I turned in my information for a background check, and I and the company I will be employed by, have been waiting a week. This is unacceptable and ridiculous. I've been on hold for close to 30 minutes to inquire about the status of this. I called yesterday and left a message, and to keep my place in the "queue", and I did NOT receive a callback. So here I sit on hold 35 minutes later, because I know they will NOT call back obviously. Due to their delay, they are holding up my start date and I am losing money because of this. It's not hard to make a few phone calls to check my previous employment, run my criminal history, etc. Might have to contact an attorney. So annoyed right now!! Employers should NOT use this company!!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

DON'T SIGN UP IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY. I had to make an account here to apply to a certain job that I wanted. What a mistake that was, and not because the application didn't work out. I get sooo many scammer emails now referencing my "application on a CareerBuilder.com". They let scammers get access to the emails of (probably) all the users, and now my email will forever be on the hitlists of scammers worldwide.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I don't even have a phone number posted anywhere in my account yet I keep getting phone calls and text messages from recruiters who state they have seen my resume on CareerBuilder. What the heck? I read all of these complaints everywhere about the phone calls and email scams but CareerBuilder has yet to fix the issues. They are a scam and if you were smart you would not create an account with these people. There has to be some way to report this crap.

Resolution response: Sept. 2, 2019

Application for a job posting for a particular job initially was responded by CB with over 4 dozen job offers none of which were the one I was responding to. However, after consider pause >15 minutes all of a sudden get email confirmation my application was accepted by the company posting for a job opening. Belatedly, I with draw my earlier complaint.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

CB advertises for a particular job and before you are allowed to proceed you must download your resume. Surprise, following the prompts after the gatekeepers step, you are presented with several dozen jobs listings. None of which are the one originally posted to attract you. Numerous suggestions pop up either to enhance your resume or others, all asking of course for a fee. At this point I and all who are faced with this choice hit the EXIT button. Unbelievable this outfit stays in biz.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

This website is full of scam job postings-beware. Bogus jobs can pop up anywhere on ANY website but they are definitely rampant on Careerbuilder -->they just want to get your personal info and so tell you they're "interested"/encourage you to apply, etc.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Career Builder?

Original review: June 14, 2019

I uploaded my resume and then provided all the required information. When I saw how it looks finally or the profile preview all the information provided has gone. I did it 4 times, all 4 times data or information I provided has been erased. I wasted 2 hours just I the hope to upload my profile and to look for opportunities, it's a complete waste of time. Please stay away and save your time and energy. Finally I deleted my account. Never ever I will visit CareerBuilder????

Original review: May 13, 2019

I would give zero stars if I could. I have never used CareerBuilder, or even made an account on it, but somehow they've gotten ahold of my name and phone number. I was told that they take it from other job sites. The thing about this, is that my phone number has NEVER been available to see to the public. I've always had it set to be available after it's been sent to a job posting. What I don't like about CareerBuilder is that they've taken my information, and are sharing it WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I've been bombarded with texts and phone calls from strange numbers, and every one of them say that they got my information from CareerBuilder. Again, I've never made an account with this site. I don't trust them, and I don't trust people who say they got my info from them. I can't be alone when I say that this is EXTREMELY shady.

Original review: April 24, 2019

My company has been using CareerBuilder for over a decade so they may have been doing a good job in the past but that is not the case now. We advertised a position with them since January 2019 with no suitable results. In fact CareerBuilder integrates with Facebook and auto submits Facebook profiles as potential candidates. One application was from a 'Florida Tomato' so these are not real people even. I marked the jobs as do not auto renew and figured the subscription will end once the time on the jobs run out.

In the meanwhile I went to their competition, ZipRecruiter and was about to find few great candidates within 1 week. Today I noticed a charge from CareerBuilder on our company card. I called their accounts payable and had the pleasure of being scolded by Tonya. Tonya and later her supervisor, Kristin ** informed me that just because I am not running a job does not mean I don't have to pay for the service. My plan renews today April 24th and she said that I have to pay for it till May 23rd and there is nothing I can do about it. Not only is the service terrible, their customer service just tops it off by being extremely rude and unhelpful. The site lets you select do not auto renew but still auto renews the service as if that's 2 separate things. This is a SCAM!!! I don't see them being in business for very long.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I was living in Chile and decided to move back to America. I thought I was moving back to the Bay Area in CA again, but after talking to my family, I decided to move to FL. Well, in the mean time, I opened an account with CareerBuilder while living my last month in Chile to look for job leads in the Bay Area, I unfortunately had to disclose my local sister´s cell phone number in San Jose, CA to open my account.

Once I got to FL, I updated all my contact information and job preferences to FL instead. Today is April 2019, I closed my account with this company few days ago because, since January 2019, I have only received offers for jobs in the bay area. How come? My sister has been invaded with phone calls from recruiters(from India), when I gave my new local FL phone number on my profile since January 2019 and I am still receiving job leads in CA too, never in FL, even after deleting my profile.

I ONLY opened Career Builder, not any other job portal. They are a nightmare and they are careless about customers´needs. I wrote to customer service in January and they just provided the tips to make sure my profile was set for Florida. I followed up all steps and even when my profile and resume were not a available to be seen by recruiters, I continued receiving job leads for California. I never received any job lead for my location in Florida in 3 months+ after opening my profile and doing all changes. So, is this just a one-time-opportunity job portal and if you move, you will continue living for CareerBuilder in the same city over and over??? Hasta La Vista Baby!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I posted my Resume about 3 months ago, and since then, there has been an update. I try to post the updated Resume, but The Career Builder site gives me an error message saying that they will have the problem fixed soon, and to try again later. I have tried for 2 weeks, and same error message, and cannot update. I sent them an email, and their "Customer Service" person took no responsibility for the problem on their site, and blamed me and my computer, saying I need to clear cookies or use another browser. Why? My cookies are cleared, and this is the same browser I use for every other internet site without issue for 15 years.

The Customer Service Agent's name is Iswarya, and based on my experience with her, and having a background in Customer Service for over 25 years, I would say that the only reason Career Builder hired her was because their goal is to provide the worst customer experience in Human History. I will believe otherwise when they fire Iswarya, and have a real Customer Service Agent contact me with a solution, not blaming me.

CareerBuilder.com Company Information