3.40/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 13, 2018

119 CareerBuilder.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 13, 2018

Beware about providing your phone #. The recruiter said they’d help me find work by sending me job posts (which they never did). Then after talking to them I’ve been getting spam phone calls everyday.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I have been using CareerBuilder.com for several years and have NEVER received an email or call pertaining to employment opportunities (other than selling insurance), not even interview. I am not sure why it is so hard to find gainful employment in Mississippi that is centered around my education level and employment history. I just wonder if businesses are getting my applications. I refuse to believe my skill level is so unappealing that no one is willing to even call me for an interview. This make me feel companies are not really looking for employees, they are just using the website for advertising. I am very displeased and discouraged in fair employment opportunities.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Functionally speaking, CareerBuilder is basically on par with other job sites. The postings seem consistent with others (nothing exclusive, not too much seen on other boards not showing here). The profile and resume tools are as expected. The one thing I noted was that the saved search (and email alert) function are useless. For one reason or another, they don't bother to save all the parameters (including the preferred industries), so the results are way broader than you think you're getting.

The other big downer about this (and why I had to cancel) is that if you share your contact info, you get inundated with spam. Loads of email and phone contacts from supposed people offering career opportunities, but really trying to recruit franchisees, insurance agents, and other such schemes. The few communications you see regarding actual jobs are obviously mass-email advertisements from body shops that have clearly not even attempted to classify your profile. It seems that CareerBuilder is first a mass lead-generator for these businesses using shady tactics to prey on jobseekers and second a jobseekers' platform. I'd stay away.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I have been a recruiter for over 20 years and trying to establish an account with this company has been a complete joke. I'm starting a new business and because I did not have my email address or website set up yet they said they could not verify it and I was a fraudulent account. I sent the LLC letter right from the state still no one could fix this. The only answer they gave was we can't do business with you and not one person no matter how far I went up the chain and tried to get them what they needed could fix this and or even follow up. I've never written a review in my professional history. You have to really get under my skin for me to waste my time doing this. You all need serious help with account sales and customer service.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I find this website very good and easy for find what I was looking for and the emails telling about job in my file really did help me a lot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Career Builder?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Career Builder is it good site for people looking for employment. They send you texts every day and emails on jobs that you're interested and more just in case you want to change your career too. Pretty easy site to use and if you don't have time to check your email that's okay because you'll get daily text sometimes more than one or two. It's a great site for the unemployed. I made an account and it was easy and simple. Ask all the right questions, filled it out like an application.

But I never did find a job there. They kept sending me jobs that I had no interest in or experiencing or qualified in. Don't know where they got all that from because what I filled out the application I did not put that down. I was very clear on what I was interested in. Career Builder send you jobs that are 500 miles away. Sometimes not even did the state to live. And the text messages can be annoying at times especially when the jobs you have no interest in and never applied for. But they work hard on trying to get you a job.

Original review: July 31, 2017

The search engine made it easy and simple for me to look for specific jobs. I was able to get certain job listings upon my filters. However, it ran very slow. It also showed some job listings that I was not interested in even though I filtered for certain jobs. Other than those it was very simple to create my account.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I am in the desktop, laptop computer business. I have been in security for numerous years and they had a wide variety on the type of job I was looking for and within 15 miles of my home. I used CareerBuilder not only for helping me to find a job but also helped me to put a resume together as most employers require that now and after being with the same company for 27 years it was difficult for me to even attempt getting a new job. It was easy to connect with prospective employers because CareerBuilder listed the job in great detail and what your qualifications needed to be. I will use CareerBuilder.com again. They're fast, efficient and fair.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Career Builders offer a large selection of potential prospective employers that are located in my hometown, while appeals to me because I won't have to commute back and forth to work. They are pretty much state of the arts when it comes to pairing the right candidate with the right potential employers. This saves time and effort when conducting a job search. But I wish they offered more potential prospective employers that are within my ZIP code, which would lessen my time to commute back and forth to work.

I had to create an account. Thereafter, I also had to post my resume, and on occasion, I also had to update my resume to curtail it for the position I was interested in applying for. I always had to create an account, and post my resume with each of these search engines to ensure proper recipient to receive my resume along with proper follow up with each employers whom I've submitted to resumes to.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I realized CareerBuilder.com is the place to find a job. They have a great set up and a large variety of jobs to search through. You can put up your resume so employers can contact you if you qualify for the job they are hiring for. I created an account so I could apply for open positions and upload my resume. Some of the ads are cluttered and hard to understand but that’s because some employers try to put too much in one ad so they can get confusing and then we will get upset and walk away. But after a while, you can figure it out before you get frustrated and give up altogether.

Original review: July 26, 2017

It's a great site with a lot of job opportunities. I like this site because it matches your profile with great employers who are looking for someone with exactly what you're looking for saving me time. I am instantly connected. I made my account and downloaded my resume. I was connected with job opportunities that I qualified for. It's very simple to use and I landed over 3 interviews in one week. But I would like more job opportunities in the city I live in. This would lower travel money providing me with the convenience of working close to home. This feature would help. Don't like to travel to work every day.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I was contacted by a recruiter after responding to a lot of Admin. Assist. positions Employers posted on CareerBuilder. I asked if they had even looked at my resume. Since it appeared to me that was not even glanced at. I had spent a lot of time make sure I was a good fit for position before applying, I don't want to waste their time. Why would recruiter want to waste mine? I asked since they didn't seem to care to remove me from their list and make no more contact. Five minutes give or take, she sent a listing for general labor and lawn service. I let go on the person and refuse to have any more dealings with CareerBuilder's from now on.

If a company hires someone like that, I have no faith in them. No she/he knew what they were doing and you could almost see the smirk on her face when sending me the inappropriate job listing. I take my time when I apply make sure I'm a good fit. Why would someone just be obnoxious, rude, unprofessional, and just what's the word? Bad day, so what me too, I do not have a job, you do so you are ridiculing me? Thanks but no thanks. CareerBuilder has always been off about jobs sent to me, but not like this.

Original review: July 25, 2017

CareerBuilder.com have jobs that are not listed anywhere else. It has the ability to filter by annual pay, date posted, company, category, and hours. It also has the ability to save your resume. It is also fairly easy to use. But it has fewer jobs listed than on other websites. I am not sure how this could be solved other than more advertising or perks for employers to post their job openings. I have not made an account yet because I prefer to use other websites. It is harder to look for jobs on this site due to the lack of jobs posted.

Original review: July 23, 2017

CareerBuilder.com is real Handy finding jobs that I qualify for. It's very easy to navigate through the website. I like this very much. I plan on using this a lot more in the future. But I would categorize it a lot better and have more jobs on there. I would also make it easier to get a hold of job opportunities period. Nevertheless, I really like this website a lot. It was very easy uploading my resume and deregistering. It was easy to find a job. I found everything I needed and timely manner.

Original review: July 22, 2017

CareerBuilder.com is very user-friendly. You put in where you are looking for a job, salary range you are looking for. You can upload your resume, so that you don't have to type it in each time for school job that you apply for. The way it is set up is just right! I put in my name, address, date of birth, education, what types of positions I was interested in and the area I was interested in with a mile radius all based on what the positions stated needed qualifications. I uploaded my resume and posted it to the jobs that I applied for. I put in the types of jobs I was interested in and it was very easy to find those jobs because it came up with a list and then when I found jobs that I was interested in, I decided that I wanted to use the site to apply for those open positions.

Original review: July 21, 2017

CareerBuilder.com is very easy to use and very easy to job search. It search jobs in your area and your radius is very helpful. The website is pretty awesome. I received a few callbacks each time I do applications. I love the website. Once you make your account it keep you updated daily. You keep posting jobs in your field. The website is pretty good and I would recommend it.

Original review: July 20, 2017

At first I was not happy about having to make an account but it ended up working for the best in the end. It was very easy for me to make an account and find job listings. Most of the listings led me to the application process. All of my preferences, information and search history are saved so that whenever I log on, easy to access and new jobs that fit my interest appear. I liked that I could find positions I was interested in with clear search terms and the website was easy to navigate. But some of the postings were unclear or irrelevant.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I like CareerBuilder.com because of the immense variety of job postings they have listed. There is always a job posting I can choose from and I like the filtering system also. I made an account and it is simple and I was able to find job listings. I was actually lucky enough to get a job. But I would make resume building and also resume attached to the website. For example I want to be able to email my resume straight to the employer from the app.

Original review: July 18, 2017

It was difficult to find job listings. I would improve the search functions. I had to use several different combinations of search words before I found what I was looking for. I remember using Monster in the past and even that was slightly better. There should be some incentive for people to list on the site so there will be more options for people searching for a job. Also, a lot of the jobs that came up weren't what I was looking for. It was a little disappointing and discouraging and I went to other sites after this. I think there aren't enough people using them.

Original review: July 17, 2017

It was easy to create an account in CareerBuilder.com but I wish there was a less time-consuming way to apply for jobs like indeed.com has. They have an option (only on some jobs though) where all you have to do is submit a resume and that's it. I wish all applications were like that since most people find applying for jobs tedious and time-consuming as well as slightly difficult to maneuver around the website. But I enjoyed using this website. It was nice to be able to only create one resume and have it submitted to multiple jobs so I wouldn't have to retype it. I like that I only had to do this once and CareerBuilder.com automatically saved my information and I liked that the job search was relevant to my qualifications.

Original review: July 17, 2017

CareerBuilder.com is the best one so far. I like how the website is set up. It's easy to navigate through and easy to understand. Some of the best options than any other website out there. There are so many options to choose from and how you want your resume to be submitted. I like the fact that you can fill out your resume and the employers find you. There are so many employers to choose from. However, I dislike some of the options there that are not even necessary. I would definitely change the lengthy sign-up process. I would make the process a little more friendly. Nevertheless, the website prompted me to set up an account so I can easily submit my resume to different employers. I used the website to easily apply for many open positions in my field of work. I even applied to open positions that were not in my field and each one were easy to submit my resume to.

Original review: July 16, 2017

The Career Builder website was very easy to navigate, and search for jobs in my area, and had more choices available in a reasonable distance from my home. I also, like the friendly but simple layout of the website. The only thing I would improve would be to remove truck driving from warehouse work. They do deal with warehouses, but it's mainly a driving job. I made an account and I didn't find what I was looking for, but it has a lot of options, otherwise. It also gave me a good idea of what career path I could choose and how well the job market is for those careers. It was a somewhat satisfying experience.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I made an account in CareerBuilder.com and uploaded my resume. It is very easy to find opportunities with their expansive search options. I have not applied... yet. Still narrowing down some options. But I think that is a great resource and I recommend it to others.

Original review: July 14, 2017

You could make an account if you actually wanted to apply for a position on their website. However, I used it more of a browsing search engine to see if anything sparked my interest to change jobs. At that point in time, I was not interested in any of the jobs enough to apply. I wish some of the jobs would have a better description, but that might be more of the company who is hiring at fault more than Career Builder itself. But it was nice to have a search engine that covered a wide variety of jobs and different companies to pick from. I also liked that I could type in specific search words to find the best fitting Job for me.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I used this website to apply to different jobs that were hiring. It was simple to find job listings, but they could have been organized in a better fashion. If the website maybe used color-coded tabs to differentiate between job titles, it would make it easier to pinpoint jobs. For example, if one tab for resume is in blue, you can remember resume as blue. It makes the process faster. But I like that you can categorize your selections to make it easier to find what you are looking for. If I am looking for a retail position, I can specify my search to only that category.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I like the many jobs that they had listed in my area and near where I live. I also like the resume option. My account with CareerBuilder has helped me find some really good jobs in the past. I've used this site on and off for years. Over the years, CareerBuilder has constantly improved. I'll always use this site when it comes to searching for a job or career change. I recommend this site to my friends and family all the time. My 16-year-old daughter found her very first job through CareerBuilder. It is my very first choice when I want to do a job search/career change. I have been to other job search sites and still CareerBuilder is my number 1 favorite.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I came across an ad for CareerBuilder.com as I typed in job offers on google. It took me to the site and based on what I had seen of it I decided to make an account. I was able to apply to a nearby job offer. I used CareerBuilder.com as a search tool more often because it had intensive information on all available jobs in different fields that would interest me and I know I'm getting a very great value from visiting their website. My experience was very satisfied.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I decided I would make an account on CareerBuilder basically and put in everything I need to put in, submitted my resume, uploaded it and collected quite a bit of various Job searches and was very satisfied with other results so I see nothing wrong with it. It gives me my local jobs that are in or around my area plus it gives me the option to apply straight from their site. It was a simple site to use you know nothing major, want to word searches and you had your jobs around you. It give you good description of the job and what they required and how to play with them. Basically it serves the purpose and it's a good site. The top out there. I enjoyed it.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Using the Career Builder website is very easy. First I made an account which only took a couple minutes to answer some information about me then I did a resume. This is important because this is what matches you to your jobs. In a day or so they call you. What I like about CareerBuilder is that you fill out some questions and your resume on their website (careerbuilder.com) then they email you when there are potential matches. I haven't been using Career Builder very long but I'm very happy about how the service works. I love getting emails about the jobs I qualify for because it's not like searching thru the paper and finding nothing - you're already matched to these jobs. It's been very successful and lots of interviews.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I used Career Builder because I heard a lot of reliable things from it and my friends said that it is sometimes better than LinkedIn. Not to mention there are other bonus features like adding friends without having to pay premium for connections, communicating with friends with reliable and protected SMS services, and also connecting with employers in real time which is a huge benefit as a young person myself. I made an account so I could access all the features I could at no extra cost to myself and my wallet. I think that this works perfectly for me because I want to get a great job and make myself into the career that I want. But they should add more features like step to step ways to fill out applications and more searches for job interviews because that is what I need help the most. If these features were integrated into the system then I personally believe that this website could be better than LinkedIn.

CareerBuilder.com Company Information