CareerBuilder.com

Compare Job Sites

Research top Job Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

In the past several weeks I posted my resume on CareerBuilder. My resume contained my phone number -- I subsequently reposted a resume without a phone number, after receiving several calls for irrelevant positions.

In this group of calls, I was contacted by a female with an Indian name and accent working for a recruiting company called Collabera.com. The job employer and position sounded great as well as the pay and location. She telephoned me frequently (to determine my availability) over a period of 2 weeks. I traced the phone number that she gave me to a number in New Jersey. I was able to reach her on this phone number. She asked me to electronically sign a consent form to guarantee her company the right to solely represent me for this position. Another thing that bothered me was that she told me I would get only 24 hours notice when an interview was scheduled. After a couple of weeks she called me with a second position for the same employer. The same consent form was required with my electronic signature. Nothing ever happened.

I had nearly the same experience with another recruiter who claimed to represent Disney. I got several emails from recruiters for this same Disney position. I concluded that the positions were fake. On closer scrutiny, I see that all of the postings to CareerBuilder are from recruiting companies -- I see none from the client companies, themselves. Since then, I have received emails from over 20 recruiters with Indian names, all located on the east coast. There have been a couple who call me repeatedly, and keep leaving voice mails, even though my phone number is no longer in my posted resume. I'm sure that they share our information. They claim to represent Fortune 500 companies. Some ask for the last 4 digits of my social security number and for the month and day of my birthday. The most common recruiting companies that email me are spectraforce.com, etalentnetwork.com and idctechnologies.com.

CareerBuilder.com includes a much more varied set of search results when I used it. It was also connected to my local newspapers and a lot of jobs available to apply for in my area. The process of making an account was simple enough and I used the site to search for jobs but had to apply through the companies website as that is what was required by the companies as compared to applying through the site.

CareerBuilder.com was an easy, unique and amazing website. It was very helpful and it gave me a lot of options. I made an account and it was very simple. However, CareerBuilder.com could be more descriptive. Other than that, it's the best website ever!

It was simple to find job listings on CareerBuilder. I use the website, CareerBuilder.com to apply to several open positions. I like that there are so very many options to choose from. The website helps me get specific and detailed information about the job I'm looking for. They also give examples and advice for resumes and interviews. But I would like them to offer more first-hand experience or ratings from previous employees. Real information on what the interviews are like at this job, what the actual salaries are like & what it's like to work there.

CarrerBuilder.com was easy to navigate. It was nice having so many career options in one place making it easy to search for the perfect fit. It was also easy to search by job and location. On the other hand, the website was difficult to use from a mobile phone and I was forced to use my computer to finish creating an account. I also receive more emails than I'd like.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Career Builder?

I made a CareerBuilder account and it is very easy to use and to find specific areas of specialized work and in all different areas with easy filters and so many networks and big names. But sometimes repeated results show up and it's hard to keep track of everything on your own with no extra assistance or service. Nevertheless, I did apply for several jobs which I got interviewed for and found my new job. Wonderful!!!

I have created account with CareerBuilder.com. It was very simple, easy to access and update my profile and apply for a job I'm interested in. It is very useful job search for me. I like the site keep me updates with new open jobs and remind me to keep my profile up to date. I also like that I feel secured for my personal data that I put in the site and the companies that the site found it matches my search are a good companies. Overall it is not much different from other site but it's always wonderful.

I liked the way you could narrow down the search, the locations, etc. and that they would email you with updates daily. I also like the fact that you uploaded your resume and was right there when you wanted to send it to posted jobs. It was not difficult to use and I was able to submit my resume at the site. I cannot think of anything that I dislike about CareerBuilder.com; which is the reason that I chose them as a first choice. I really liked using this website and would use it again.

I made an account and it was very easy. I found a ton of different listings and I was able to apply to more than one job at a time. There are lots of features I like about the CareerBuilder website. As soon as I sign in, I am given lots of great recommendations. I also have the option to upload and edit my resume. I would improve just a few things about the website like being able to have a much more detailed profile page and better job options. And I would like more places on the site that I can add more professional information.

CareerBuilder is very easy to use. I like the ability to create a profile and upload my resume. Then based upon what I'm liking for CareerBuilder matches prospective jobs and alerts are sent when similar jobs are posted. I made an account and this was easy to do. I did use the site to look for jobs and still utilize it. However, I have had issues with the search feature not returning complete results. For instance I knew a job was listed on CareerBuilder and when I searched for it, it didn't show up. But once I tried to reword the job title it Then came up. I recommend CareerBuilder to acquaintances because of the large amount of jobs posted.

I made an account with CareerBuilder.com. It was simple to setup and post my resume. Employers can see that and then they can email me or call me. I also like the personalization of somebody emailing me with potential job openings. I did search to find job listings and applied. I also had companies call me. But when the people email me they don't necessarily seem like they know me and they send me stuff that is invalid. Also, I wish the search was better too because I search by telecommute jobs and it showed me a bunch of jobs that did not apply and that it was easier to apply. Certain jobs make you fill out their resume and it's kind of annoying and maybe more jobs available.

I registered an account at CareerBuilder.com and they helped me make a good resume. Also, CareerBuilder is easy to search for jobs. You can narrow your search by city, company, or job. They also send daily or weekly, etc emails about newly added jobs plus I signed up for the daily job emails, which helps keep you on track in the job hunting field! It is your preference. Careerbuilder makes it easy to find a job suited for you!

Making a profile on CareerBuilder was simple and uploading resume was easy. It is a decent site to look for jobs and manage your resume. It helps job seekers and potential employers match. It is much better than CATS. Also, it's simple to keep up to date with any changes and you can use the site to search for local listings or other locations. However, employers have to pay to utilize the services of the site versus free options and services. But I will see it again and again.

I like the fact CareerBuilder have a lot of job postings on their site that fall in my line of work. I made an account and it was very easy to use this service and apply to different jobs. I found my job through this amazing website. A one-click option would be nice. For the rest I am totally pleased with what this site has to offer. I would for sure use the site again.

I like that CareerBuilder.com is easy to navigate. It's easy to return search options and I have used this quite a few times. I had to create an account and then upload my resume simply. You then can search jobs and filter it into what you are looking for. The jobs I've gotten replies back from have been reputable.

I liked that CareerBuilder had a large database of jobs and employers in my local area as well as outside. I like the fact that in addition to the resume there were targeted questions that were specific to the position and the requirements of that employer to be successful in the desired position. And using the site of CareerBuilder was not difficult once I waded through the expectations. What I did have problems with was saving and retrieving and editing saved materials. Also, CareerBuilder was too specific initially in my opinion. Some of the items could/should have been saved to give applicants who went beyond the first round. Being so detailed initially results in applicants who are not viable having to "over respond" even though they have no chance of being employed. This also causes the employing company to have an extraordinary amount of wasted paper useless information.

I love the experience. I like that CareerBuilder gives me a variety of options to choose and pick my own job that would be suitable for me and help me in the future along the way with life... it keeps me experiencing more!! I did make an account and it had some job listings. If more job listings will be posted to my account, I can apply and make a lot of money for my family. I don't like that it take a long time for me to get options and I'm not guaranteed to like what I see or what I'm hearing. Without a job, I would have nothing and wouldn't be able to pay any bills.

The website was simple to navigate and have a good layout. I also like the ability to narrow my search to my exact job qualifications. I made an account and it was very easy to find jobs. I applied for several jobs however I didn't receive any job offers or requested for an interview. I also didn't like the spam I received. I felt like I got a lot of junk through this site. I also got contacted by a lot of unwanted jobs like out of state and telemarketing and jobs that seemed not real. I would say it was just ok.

Employers seemed to utilize CareerBuilder.com to thoroughly evaluate applicants and reach out to them. There are tons of new jobs posted daily and it's easy to filter jobs to exactly what I was looking for. I like the ease of job search and 1 click applies. Made account... Creating a profile, searching and applying was SUPER easy. However, when searching for jobs, the search results were not specific enough to what I had entered in as my search criteria. Completely unrelated jobs kept showing up for keywords that have nothing to do with I typed in. I also wish the search results were sorted by location proximity.

I hope they will have more jobs and better screening to keep out the scams or misleading jobs. I also hope there would be less repetition (having to leave site and go to employer's site and re-enter all the same info over and over again that I had already entered in my profile) and that they would reduce employers being able to make multiple postings for the same job by just calling it something slightly different.

What I appreciate about Career Builder is that after you fill out your initial profile, they have many options that allow you to apply instantly instead of going through and retyping work history, etc. That is an extremely useful feature to me because work search can be extremely tedious when you find you are having to repeat yourself over and over again.

I remember their being the initial process of setting up a username and password, then I was prompted to fill out a career profile. This basically includes answering all the same questions typically asked on a job resume and uploading resume, cover letter, references and any other documents the job seekers wishes to upload. They are then given the opportunity to search and apply for job postings. I feel like the initial sign up process is a little lengthy and that my resume already answers all of the questions regarding work history and would have enjoyed it more if I didn't have to re-fill out my work history again.

CareerBuilder is one of my favorite sites to look for a job. The process is simple and straight forward. You can create a profile based on yourself and then search for jobs based on various filters. Have had friends that were successful with this in finding a job. I created a profile in CareerBuilder which allows companies to find me. I listed my info including education and job experience and did apply to the ones that matched my needs. As with all of these sites I had the ads and job listings for the various places that just want you to sell for them. Wish this didn't have to be there but I do understand why it is there.

CareerBuilder.com was very easy to set up because they have an 1 to 5 step process because they have you add your resume and job employment information. The company states stand up to time, they have over 24 million job applicants per month, over 60 million resumes on file. Plus over 3 million job posting each year, so the chances are higher to get employed by a company of your choice. I feel the benefits of CareerBuilder is that the company is for the people and not just in for themselves, they have non-stop tools for consumers to get employed by any company you choose. Also not only do they have a lot of creative resume templates, also they have tips on how to seal and job interview, how to look the part, questions to ask your future employer to get to know the job more before you get employed. CareerBuilder is doing their part and helping people get employed. All you have to do is do your part and the rest is history.

The site is easy to navigate, very helpful and precise. It a very authentic site that focuses on truly finding you employment. They offer wide range of jobs. You get frequent updates, they stay current and relevant. Downloading resume was quick and jobs are targeted towards your skill level. I got several referrals from the website. Have had success using this website and will continue to use it. Have recommended CareerBuilder.com to friends and family to help with their job search.

Overall CareerBuilder.com was very helpful and easy to use. I liked the ability to sort by different occupational areas and education level and geographic area and other criteria. And I found it easy to find job listings, too. Started doing research and then used the site to make an account and review job postings and apply directly to companies. However, I wish all of the employer information was available but some were blind listings. And it was a bit difficult or annoying to unsubscribe from searches.

CareerBuilder.com gives you the ability to post job ads, view candidate information, resumes, and contact information, conduct pre-employment assessment tests and evaluate answers. I created an account with my email address and was able to find positions by searching through my zip code or state, positions I am interested in or salary. However, it would be an improvement to have the ability to conduct preliminary background information, search social media profiles to obtain more information about the candidate. I believe this will shed more light about the candidate.

CareerBuilder.com is easy to use. It allows upload of resume and previous work information and allows ability to find work locally and nationally. Breaking jobs down into areas is very important. However, jobs never respond and often only send you temp services. Job listings should be one hundred percent authentic. Job headhunters and temp services should not be allowed. Other than that, it's really easy to search for jobs of every type and they are easy to apply for and can be done in minutes. Making a profile and account were also very easy. The level of complexity of the website is usable by anyone.

I have always kept my resume updated and on CareerBuilder for many years as I believe it is important to stay in touch with opportunities for advancement; development and in light of the real world we live in concerning length of tenure. Unfortunately, a current employer has decided to use CareerBuilder as a means of curbing turnover; not by improving the reasons for the turnover but by threatening employees for having resumes open posted on Careerbuilder.

I was contacted by phone after hours at my home and asked why I have my resume on CareerBuilder by someone within the company I don't even know. I have read the terms of CareerBuilder's agreement with those who pay for services; one of which is not to harass jobseekers. I am contemplating how to handle this debacle as this is the first time in my working life that I have ever had such a thing to happen. I feel rather stalked at the moment. If this is a trend in the hiring world these days it is a trend that will limit the availability of the job pool as many will prefer to use the services of a venue that can allow the election of screening current employers from those who can view.

I am appalled that I would even received a call from an HR representative prying into my away from the job life. After all, I am not "owned" by a company I work for and I have not signed any agreements that would prevent me from keeping my resume out there. I'm not even anywhere near being in management! I hope CareerBuilder will make some changes to how job seekers can screen out a current employer from viewing their information. I am seriously considering using LinkedIn who allows to block a current employer from viewing their own employees’ activities. This has created more stress for me than I ever want.

I was unemployed & the co. helped me find a job in my field. They taught me how to do a resume since I haven't done one in years. My field is welding - fitter, draftman.

I thought I would look into trying a new job search network so I uploaded my resume and have been bombarded with countless scams. What a joke. Seriously. From "sales" positions to strangers from India calling me with advanced schooling opportunities, it has been a complete disaster. Immediately deleted my resume and contact information.

A man named "Joe" called me on a recorded line yesterday identifying himself from College Network Job Search, loud, pushy, aggressive. He wanted "more" information regarding my job search. Told him not interested as I had never heard of the company. Today, Same guy "Joe" recognized voice, had same greeting, calling on recorded line from "Career Builder." I told him to email me. He hung up. Too many phony people out there claiming "they" want to help you, but need more information. I have been warned by the NYS Dept. Of Labor that there are many predatory phishing sites. Buyer Beware. Tell them nothing, too many identity thefts out there.

CareerBuilder.com Company Profile