2. Job Search Sites

CareerBuilder.com

CareerBuilder.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

CareerBuilder.com Reviews

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Having my resume on Career Builder has resulted in my receiving numerous phishing emails from countless sites. It is obvious that they have sold my information or had it hacked from their databases. They are either extremely unscrupulous or incompetent at protecting their data and should be shunned.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I applied for a job on another website which used Careerbuilder's platform to share my resume with the potential employer and since then, I have received numerous spam e-mails, phone calls and text messages with fake job offerings because Careerbuilder shared my personal contact information with third party services, none of which I consented to. I talked to two different nationwide recruiting agencies after this and they both had all of my personal contact information already imported into their databases, without my knowledge. While this may seem helpful to some, all of the spam e-mails and texts I've received since then were for jobs that aren't real, are in different states, jobs which I've never expressed interest in or applied to, or are pyramid schemes.

This makes applying for other credible jobs much for difficult because while I'm getting these spam messages, I'm having to filter through them to figure out which ones are responses from actual jobs which I have applied for. Careerbuilder has essentially aided to the extreme difficulty of searching for a career due to these experiences.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I signed up for CareerBuilder over a decade ago to search for a new job, with no success. O well. Not my complaint. All of a sudden after ten years they are giving out my info to anybody and everybody. Not even from related fields. If you are paying them for candidate referrals you are being scammed!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I run a new small business here in Denver and bought a package, the sales team reached out and sold me a better deal - 10 posting slots monthly for $510 as a one year contract. The posting yielded no good candidates, the resume database - no good candidates to be found. To this day and thousands of dollars later I have yet to interview a decent candidate that is relevant.

I called to cancel the service, had to spend $30 to send them a certified message in the mail. They responded saying "GOT YOU" for our contract, and denied the cancellation of their service. No concern whatsoever that we are canceling, or why we are canceling, their only response was request denied - you are under contract.

Career Builder sells contracts, not postings that would lead to good candidates. Run, don't walk! I run a recruitment firm, and we don't often place a candidate who applies, but usually a platform like this is a good place to mine data, look for candidates, and then network with them to find the best people who we could help place. Career Builder, after multiple complaints to this day has yet to reach out and attempt to help, or address the issue that their postings don't work. They only send me letters stating I have invoices due, and notices that my account is on hold. What a sham of a company, they used to be great....times do change however!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

We are a small business and purchased a job posting for a sales management position for $219. After a week we only had 2 applicants, neither of whom were qualified for the position. We had the same posting up on other sites and received dozens of applicants. I called and told them I wanted to cancel and request a refund. They cancelled so the post would not renew and forwarded the refund request to a manager, saying she would get back to me.

Almost a month later I had heard nothing, so I called back. The rep on the phone didn't seem to find any notes in the record about the refund request and said she would email that person again. I requested to speak with them instead so I didn't have to call back again. She came back a minute later and said the request was denied. I asked to still speak with that person, she said there's no need since it was denied. They simply don't give refunds because the results of the product are not guaranteed. I said I would still like to speak to a supervisor. She said "sure" in an exasperated tone and I was put on hold. Within 30 seconds I was disconnected! Hard to believe that they treat their customers this way! I might have given them another try on another job posting had they handled this appropriately. Instead I will never use them again and I will spread the word far and wide that they don't seem to care about their customers!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Career Builder?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

We purchased the ability to post job postings for a fixed cost per month. We have tried to access the site and post a job with zero success. Emailed the salesperson and was directed to their offshore support. We called and was directed to their offshore support. Their offshore support was pathetic. AVOID using this platform to post a job. Indeed is expensive, but they are responsive.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

NO STARS!!! I turned in my information for a background check, and I and the company I will be employed by, have been waiting a week. This is unacceptable and ridiculous. I've been on hold for close to 30 minutes to inquire about the status of this. I called yesterday and left a message, and to keep my place in the "queue", and I did NOT receive a callback. So here I sit on hold 35 minutes later, because I know they will NOT call back obviously. Due to their delay, they are holding up my start date and I am losing money because of this. It's not hard to make a few phone calls to check my previous employment, run my criminal history, etc. Might have to contact an attorney. So annoyed right now!! Employers should NOT use this company!!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

DON'T SIGN UP IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY. I had to make an account here to apply to a certain job that I wanted. What a mistake that was, and not because the application didn't work out. I get sooo many scammer emails now referencing my "application on a CareerBuilder.com". They let scammers get access to the emails of (probably) all the users, and now my email will forever be on the hitlists of scammers worldwide.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I don't even have a phone number posted anywhere in my account yet I keep getting phone calls and text messages from recruiters who state they have seen my resume on CareerBuilder. What the heck? I read all of these complaints everywhere about the phone calls and email scams but CareerBuilder has yet to fix the issues. They are a scam and if you were smart you would not create an account with these people. There has to be some way to report this crap.

Resolution response: Sept. 2, 2019

Application for a job posting for a particular job initially was responded by CB with over 4 dozen job offers none of which were the one I was responding to. However, after consider pause >15 minutes all of a sudden get email confirmation my application was accepted by the company posting for a job opening. Belatedly, I with draw my earlier complaint.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

CB advertises for a particular job and before you are allowed to proceed you must download your resume. Surprise, following the prompts after the gatekeepers step, you are presented with several dozen jobs listings. None of which are the one originally posted to attract you. Numerous suggestions pop up either to enhance your resume or others, all asking of course for a fee. At this point I and all who are faced with this choice hit the EXIT button. Unbelievable this outfit stays in biz.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

CareerBuilder.com Company Information