2. Job Search Sites

CareerBuilder.com

3.8/5 (488 ratings)

About CareerBuilder.com

CareerBuilder.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CareerBuilder.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Career Builder?

Original review: July 2, 2020

Job searching can be stress enough. And while there are many avenues of search, I find CareerBuilder to be easy, reliable, and provide enough information, that does not make you feel as though you have wasted your time, thus adding to your already stress. Besides, they have many opportunities within their site to offer a plethora of options.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I have been using CareerBuilder for years, it is the one website that I trust consistently to help me find employment. I have been to many an interview and had my a good response from my resume using CareerBuilder and I will continue to use it.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I’ve been using CareerBuilder since 2010. It has helped me get 2 jobs that I kept during these 10 years. I love the updates because if I give up or forget to check that day it gives me the ones posted that day.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I personally use CareerBuilder because it is the easiest to search and send resumes. If you are out of work I find that you need to apply to a lot of jobs because maybe 1 out of 10 will call you back so ease in applying is important to me.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I have used Career Builder to search for jobs for myself and others. It allows you to search in several different ways based on job titles, specific words or company names. Most companies provide a pretty extensive description as to the job functions.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Very seldom give 5's, always room to improve. Headers allow me to get specific quickly. Doesn't overwhelm with information that is not necessary during initial search review. Appreciate knowing the location and can filter search.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I like the variety. Some of the listings are older. They try to remove them as best they can but I guess it's all in the reporting from companies. I get alerts and recommendations. Very helpful. Site is easy to navigate even for non computer savvy people. Great site.

Original review: June 23, 2020

It's very easy to search for a specific job and the search is very thorough. It makes it easy to apply for a job from the main screen as well, without even having to open the listing all the way. I also like that I can save my resume on the site and applying is as easy as clicking one button. The website is fast and there is no issue with ads blocking the content or getting in the way of my search. I would certainly recommend the site to anyone looking for a new job or a career change.

Original review: June 22, 2020

The only issue I had with CareerBuilder.com is that the filled jobs are not updated often enough leaving you applying for an unavailable position. Other than this, it is easy to use, create profile, and search for a position. Though I think the search could be better as well.

Original review: June 21, 2020

I'm using CarrierBuilder for years, from 2004, when we moved to Hallandale Beach from NE Philadelphia and I got my first job from Job Fair, posted on CarrierBuilder in Miami Herald newspaper and from that day I love it how easy and professionally navigate CarrierBuilder to get me to the right provider or Company.

Original review: June 20, 2020

A bit misleading and frustrating. Clicking constant without knowing the intended employer and I are exchanging information immediately feels Like a waste of time. I am not in direct contact with the job training employer from the get go.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Very helpful. However need to be more proficient in terms of posting more jobs in a particular field. In order to accommodate every persons that are seeking employment. It's a great place to look whenever seeking employment. It gives you some ideas of the job descriptions and what you might be interested in.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Several job recommends pertaining to my search criteria. Like the fact of not recommending openings out of my qualification. Daily emails with new and updated job opportunities in the area to which I live is a great feature.

Original review: June 17, 2020

Website is very hard to use, uploading resumes is impossible no matter how short. Making a resume on the site is very hard to do. They do have great jobs offers but have never been able to finish application. If I could I may be able to get the job unless there is age problem. I am an older person with over 30 years of experience.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I lost my job during the economic downturn in 2008. I tried every single job site 12 hours a day and most them matched me with jobs I couldn't possibly get. I was just an algorithm for advertising. Every time I used CareerBuilder I was actually contacted by phone from real people in my local area. After only 4 searches I finally found employment.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Easy to upload my resume and be seen by employers. You get a lot of scam emails so it's important to do your research but the site is easy to use. The search feature lets you filter so that you only find jobs that are of interest.

Original review: June 13, 2020

After updating my account, I began to receive junk emails about positions that did not match any of my requirements. I made it clear that I was only available for local full time permanent direct-hire positions suitable for my extensive experience and qualifications, but I kept getting notifications about unsuitable positions with unsuitable pay. I verified that the information I provided was correct, so it became obvious to me that the recruiters who have been contacting me could be just using the Careerbuilder database to gather email addresses and other information. I closed my account and would recommend that others do the same. Good luck.

Original review: June 13, 2020

It seems all the job boards are basically making money, as they should be, but the jobs that are posted aren't always as the employers aren't really needing there. Just looking to see what's out there. They the job boards need to realize people are looking because they need a real change,

Original review: June 12, 2020

Better than Monster, not as good as Indeed. CareerBuilder is another one of the classics like Monster. In a comparison with Indeed and Monster for Legal Jobs in Santa Cruz, CA; found the most local jobs on Indeed, a fair number of close by jobs on CareerBuilder, none on Monster. Like Monster, CareerBuilder has good Job Search Advice (like resume or interview prep).

Original review: June 7, 2020

CareerBuilder distributes aptitude tests that absolutely discriminate extremely qualified applicants, who applied for mid-level resort positions. The tests are timed (12 mins), biased, and exhibit no relationship to the job skills needed to perform such jobs. Careerbuilder also administers merged background checks/ credit checks that not only is irresponsible, it also is extremely damaging to a person’s reputation and good name!

Original review: June 3, 2020

I heard about the site from a friend. Signed up, uploaded my resume and applied to what I thought were legitimate job postings. Not a single job I applied to was legitimate. My applications were responded back to by text messages. What legitimate business replies back by text message instead of email?! I have over 20 text messages at this point and I deleted my account weeks ago and still getting these text messages. Complained to their fraud department weeks ago and no response. Do not use this site.

Original review: March 2, 2020

One of our entry level employees signed a trial with Careerbuilder without our consent. When we let him go Careerbuilder tried to bind us to the contract for over $300 per month. When we called to explain they would not listen to us and were only interested in collecting the fee even though the employee had no authority to bind us, I would never do business again with this company as they appear to have no customer service and do not care about their reputation. It's all about hardcore money.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Having my resume on Career Builder has resulted in my receiving numerous phishing emails from countless sites. It is obvious that they have sold my information or had it hacked from their databases. They are either extremely unscrupulous or incompetent at protecting their data and should be shunned.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I applied for a job on another website which used Careerbuilder's platform to share my resume with the potential employer and since then, I have received numerous spam e-mails, phone calls and text messages with fake job offerings because Careerbuilder shared my personal contact information with third party services, none of which I consented to. I talked to two different nationwide recruiting agencies after this and they both had all of my personal contact information already imported into their databases, without my knowledge. While this may seem helpful to some, all of the spam e-mails and texts I've received since then were for jobs that aren't real, are in different states, jobs which I've never expressed interest in or applied to, or are pyramid schemes.

This makes applying for other credible jobs much for difficult because while I'm getting these spam messages, I'm having to filter through them to figure out which ones are responses from actual jobs which I have applied for. Careerbuilder has essentially aided to the extreme difficulty of searching for a career due to these experiences.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I signed up for CareerBuilder over a decade ago to search for a new job, with no success. O well. Not my complaint. All of a sudden after ten years they are giving out my info to anybody and everybody. Not even from related fields. If you are paying them for candidate referrals you are being scammed!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I run a new small business here in Denver and bought a package, the sales team reached out and sold me a better deal - 10 posting slots monthly for $510 as a one year contract. The posting yielded no good candidates, the resume database - no good candidates to be found. To this day and thousands of dollars later I have yet to interview a decent candidate that is relevant.

I called to cancel the service, had to spend $30 to send them a certified message in the mail. They responded saying "GOT YOU" for our contract, and denied the cancellation of their service. No concern whatsoever that we are canceling, or why we are canceling, their only response was request denied - you are under contract.

Career Builder sells contracts, not postings that would lead to good candidates. Run, don't walk! I run a recruitment firm, and we don't often place a candidate who applies, but usually a platform like this is a good place to mine data, look for candidates, and then network with them to find the best people who we could help place. Career Builder, after multiple complaints to this day has yet to reach out and attempt to help, or address the issue that their postings don't work. They only send me letters stating I have invoices due, and notices that my account is on hold. What a sham of a company, they used to be great....times do change however!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

We are a small business and purchased a job posting for a sales management position for $219. After a week we only had 2 applicants, neither of whom were qualified for the position. We had the same posting up on other sites and received dozens of applicants. I called and told them I wanted to cancel and request a refund. They cancelled so the post would not renew and forwarded the refund request to a manager, saying she would get back to me.

Almost a month later I had heard nothing, so I called back. The rep on the phone didn't seem to find any notes in the record about the refund request and said she would email that person again. I requested to speak with them instead so I didn't have to call back again. She came back a minute later and said the request was denied. I asked to still speak with that person, she said there's no need since it was denied. They simply don't give refunds because the results of the product are not guaranteed. I said I would still like to speak to a supervisor. She said "sure" in an exasperated tone and I was put on hold. Within 30 seconds I was disconnected! Hard to believe that they treat their customers this way! I might have given them another try on another job posting had they handled this appropriately. Instead I will never use them again and I will spread the word far and wide that they don't seem to care about their customers!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

We purchased the ability to post job postings for a fixed cost per month. We have tried to access the site and post a job with zero success. Emailed the salesperson and was directed to their offshore support. We called and was directed to their offshore support. Their offshore support was pathetic. AVOID using this platform to post a job. Indeed is expensive, but they are responsive.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

NO STARS!!! I turned in my information for a background check, and I and the company I will be employed by, have been waiting a week. This is unacceptable and ridiculous. I've been on hold for close to 30 minutes to inquire about the status of this. I called yesterday and left a message, and to keep my place in the "queue", and I did NOT receive a callback. So here I sit on hold 35 minutes later, because I know they will NOT call back obviously. Due to their delay, they are holding up my start date and I am losing money because of this. It's not hard to make a few phone calls to check my previous employment, run my criminal history, etc. Might have to contact an attorney. So annoyed right now!! Employers should NOT use this company!!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

DON'T SIGN UP IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY. I had to make an account here to apply to a certain job that I wanted. What a mistake that was, and not because the application didn't work out. I get sooo many scammer emails now referencing my "application on a CareerBuilder.com". They let scammers get access to the emails of (probably) all the users, and now my email will forever be on the hitlists of scammers worldwide.

CareerBuilder.com Company Information