CareerBuilder.com

CareerBuilder.com

3.7/5 (442 ratings)

About CareerBuilder.com

CareerBuilder.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CareerBuilder.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Career Builder?

Original review: July 23, 2020

I have used multiple job sites, and Careerbuilder.com is the only one I have ever had issues with. To be clear, I am not complaining about the basic 1st party spam that careerbuilder.com sends; I was able to opt out of that easily enough. However, after making the mistake of applying to just one job through careerbuilder.com, and without even creating an account, careerbuilder.com made my information available publicly. Within 24 hours I started receiving cold emails from "employers" who could barely read or write on a 6th grade level. Notice that some of the following have near identical phrasings.

<<<

Re: CareerBuilder: - About Your Resume! (US-Citizens-only)

Salary: Fixed $1250/ monthly + 40$ bonus"

!!Reply to this e-mail your name, phone and we will get in touch with you.

Job HR

<<<

Ability for gain highly profitable job

Our group is one of the most dynamically progressing and increasing its market capitalization. Because of this, we have opened additional vacancies in our business organisation. We're looking for communicative, interested and liable personnel. We provide full-fledged training with payment for employees who satisfy the main selection criteria for our company. If you are interested in cooperation, we will gladly provide all the required information. Best regards.

Reviewer employment for you

We are a fast-growing establishment, and we are looking for new employees. Currently we are ready to employ reviewer: this vacancy fits those who is profound in English.
...
Look forward to having a long-time cooperation with you.

Corrector vacancy for you
We are a rapidly developing company, and we need new staff. Currently we are ready to employ reviewer: this job fits everybody who is profound in English.

>>>

When I contacted customer service explaining that I was receiving spam because of their public display of my information and asking that they remove it, all I got were canned responses that were barely applicable to my problem: "I understand that it is frustrating to receive fraudulent emails stating they are coming from our site." I never claimed the spam was coming from their site. Either nobody actually took the time to read my email, or they just didn't care (prolly both).

"We do verify every employer before they are able to use our website. However, if at any time you have a complaint regarding a job that has been listed on our site, or would like to check the legitimacy of an employer saying that they are coming from CareerBuilder.com please submit any email contact between you and the company to our Trust and Site Security Team for them to investigate and verify the employer." A complaint regarding a job? Listed on your site? Neither topic is relevant to my complaint. I continue to follow up with this problem and continue to receive the same canned response. Ultimately I'll need create a new email address. Thanks careerbuilder.com.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Someone was using my phone number for job applications. Resulting in me getting 5-15 calls a day for job offers, each time I got a call for Dawn ** I told them that that wasn’t me and to remove me number from their resume. However they told me only DAWN can removed the number. So let me get this straight.... if someone is LYING and using a false phone number I can’t do anything about it? I assume this person is using a fake number to collect unemployment while making it appear they are job searching.

But there has GOT to be a way to get my number off their website as it is interfering with my job (requires me to answer my phone when random numbers call, and often). I have messaged their “fraud” report email on 4 separate occasions and all I get is a ticket number- and no reply, no call, no one to help me. I have the person's first and last name, as well as the phone number (mine) they are using. That should be enough. :/

Original review: July 7, 2020

Not user friendly to sign up. Very poor turnaround for 'support'. Lengthy process of 'authentication'. I found the sign up process slanted to the job seeker... Several times I had to stop, clear the registration, and go back to select employer. I don't know why. I reached out to 'support'. The morning of the next day, still no response from them. My card was charged and showed my 'purchases' but they didn't get authenticated in timely fashion. I gave up. I requested a refund and the guy who took my request was very helpful and efficient. I don't want to suck up my day by trying to post job ads. I have learned that there are many more user friendly sites who want to post my ad and let me get back to my job!

Original review: July 4, 2020

Career Builder sells your information to 3rd parties. I received many robo calls after registering on their site. I have never had an employer contact me via this site, as with other job sites. I would recommend using other sites, including InDeed or after finding a job on Career Builder go directly to the company site.

Original review: July 3, 2020

CareerBuilder made my experience easy when job searching. They have a easy resume uploader that fills in most of the information for you after the resume is uploaded. They have it where you can filter the job search according to the category of your choice.

Original review: July 2, 2020

Job searching can be stress enough. And while there are many avenues of search, I find CareerBuilder to be easy, reliable, and provide enough information, that does not make you feel as though you have wasted your time, thus adding to your already stress. Besides, they have many opportunities within their site to offer a plethora of options.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I have been using CareerBuilder for years, it is the one website that I trust consistently to help me find employment. I have been to many an interview and had my a good response from my resume using CareerBuilder and I will continue to use it.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I’ve been using CareerBuilder since 2010. It has helped me get 2 jobs that I kept during these 10 years. I love the updates because if I give up or forget to check that day it gives me the ones posted that day.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I personally use CareerBuilder because it is the easiest to search and send resumes. If you are out of work I find that you need to apply to a lot of jobs because maybe 1 out of 10 will call you back so ease in applying is important to me.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I have used Career Builder to search for jobs for myself and others. It allows you to search in several different ways based on job titles, specific words or company names. Most companies provide a pretty extensive description as to the job functions.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Very seldom give 5's, always room to improve. Headers allow me to get specific quickly. Doesn't overwhelm with information that is not necessary during initial search review. Appreciate knowing the location and can filter search.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I like the variety. Some of the listings are older. They try to remove them as best they can but I guess it's all in the reporting from companies. I get alerts and recommendations. Very helpful. Site is easy to navigate even for non computer savvy people. Great site.

Original review: June 23, 2020

It's very easy to search for a specific job and the search is very thorough. It makes it easy to apply for a job from the main screen as well, without even having to open the listing all the way. I also like that I can save my resume on the site and applying is as easy as clicking one button. The website is fast and there is no issue with ads blocking the content or getting in the way of my search. I would certainly recommend the site to anyone looking for a new job or a career change.

Original review: June 22, 2020

The only issue I had with CareerBuilder.com is that the filled jobs are not updated often enough leaving you applying for an unavailable position. Other than this, it is easy to use, create profile, and search for a position. Though I think the search could be better as well.

Original review: June 21, 2020

I'm using CarrierBuilder for years, from 2004, when we moved to Hallandale Beach from NE Philadelphia and I got my first job from Job Fair, posted on CarrierBuilder in Miami Herald newspaper and from that day I love it how easy and professionally navigate CarrierBuilder to get me to the right provider or Company.

Original review: June 20, 2020

A bit misleading and frustrating. Clicking constant without knowing the intended employer and I are exchanging information immediately feels Like a waste of time. I am not in direct contact with the job training employer from the get go.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Very helpful. However need to be more proficient in terms of posting more jobs in a particular field. In order to accommodate every persons that are seeking employment. It's a great place to look whenever seeking employment. It gives you some ideas of the job descriptions and what you might be interested in.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Several job recommends pertaining to my search criteria. Like the fact of not recommending openings out of my qualification. Daily emails with new and updated job opportunities in the area to which I live is a great feature.

Original review: June 17, 2020

Website is very hard to use, uploading resumes is impossible no matter how short. Making a resume on the site is very hard to do. They do have great jobs offers but have never been able to finish application. If I could I may be able to get the job unless there is age problem. I am an older person with over 30 years of experience.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I lost my job during the economic downturn in 2008. I tried every single job site 12 hours a day and most them matched me with jobs I couldn't possibly get. I was just an algorithm for advertising. Every time I used CareerBuilder I was actually contacted by phone from real people in my local area. After only 4 searches I finally found employment.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Easy to upload my resume and be seen by employers. You get a lot of scam emails so it's important to do your research but the site is easy to use. The search feature lets you filter so that you only find jobs that are of interest.

Original review: June 13, 2020

After updating my account, I began to receive junk emails about positions that did not match any of my requirements. I made it clear that I was only available for local full time permanent direct-hire positions suitable for my extensive experience and qualifications, but I kept getting notifications about unsuitable positions with unsuitable pay. I verified that the information I provided was correct, so it became obvious to me that the recruiters who have been contacting me could be just using the Careerbuilder database to gather email addresses and other information. I closed my account and would recommend that others do the same. Good luck.

Original review: June 13, 2020

It seems all the job boards are basically making money, as they should be, but the jobs that are posted aren't always as the employers aren't really needing there. Just looking to see what's out there. They the job boards need to realize people are looking because they need a real change,

Original review: June 12, 2020

Better than Monster, not as good as Indeed. CareerBuilder is another one of the classics like Monster. In a comparison with Indeed and Monster for Legal Jobs in Santa Cruz, CA; found the most local jobs on Indeed, a fair number of close by jobs on CareerBuilder, none on Monster. Like Monster, CareerBuilder has good Job Search Advice (like resume or interview prep).

Original review: June 7, 2020

CareerBuilder distributes aptitude tests that absolutely discriminate extremely qualified applicants, who applied for mid-level resort positions. The tests are timed (12 mins), biased, and exhibit no relationship to the job skills needed to perform such jobs. Careerbuilder also administers merged background checks/ credit checks that not only is irresponsible, it also is extremely damaging to a person’s reputation and good name!

Original review: June 3, 2020

I heard about the site from a friend. Signed up, uploaded my resume and applied to what I thought were legitimate job postings. Not a single job I applied to was legitimate. My applications were responded back to by text messages. What legitimate business replies back by text message instead of email?! I have over 20 text messages at this point and I deleted my account weeks ago and still getting these text messages. Complained to their fraud department weeks ago and no response. Do not use this site.

Original review: March 2, 2020

One of our entry level employees signed a trial with Careerbuilder without our consent. When we let him go Careerbuilder tried to bind us to the contract for over $300 per month. When we called to explain they would not listen to us and were only interested in collecting the fee even though the employee had no authority to bind us, I would never do business again with this company as they appear to have no customer service and do not care about their reputation. It's all about hardcore money.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Having my resume on Career Builder has resulted in my receiving numerous phishing emails from countless sites. It is obvious that they have sold my information or had it hacked from their databases. They are either extremely unscrupulous or incompetent at protecting their data and should be shunned.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I applied for a job on another website which used Careerbuilder's platform to share my resume with the potential employer and since then, I have received numerous spam e-mails, phone calls and text messages with fake job offerings because Careerbuilder shared my personal contact information with third party services, none of which I consented to. I talked to two different nationwide recruiting agencies after this and they both had all of my personal contact information already imported into their databases, without my knowledge. While this may seem helpful to some, all of the spam e-mails and texts I've received since then were for jobs that aren't real, are in different states, jobs which I've never expressed interest in or applied to, or are pyramid schemes.

This makes applying for other credible jobs much for difficult because while I'm getting these spam messages, I'm having to filter through them to figure out which ones are responses from actual jobs which I have applied for. Careerbuilder has essentially aided to the extreme difficulty of searching for a career due to these experiences.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I signed up for CareerBuilder over a decade ago to search for a new job, with no success. O well. Not my complaint. All of a sudden after ten years they are giving out my info to anybody and everybody. Not even from related fields. If you are paying them for candidate referrals you are being scammed!

CareerBuilder.com Company Information