2. Job Search Sites

CareerBuilder.com

3.8/5 (317 ratings)

About CareerBuilder.com

CareerBuilder.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CareerBuilder.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Career Builder?

Original review: July 12, 2020

Someone was using my phone number for job applications. Resulting in me getting 5-15 calls a day for job offers, each time I got a call for Dawn ** I told them that that wasn’t me and to remove me number from their resume. However they told me only DAWN can removed the number. So let me get this straight.... if someone is LYING and using a false phone number I can’t do anything about it? I assume this person is using a fake number to collect unemployment while making it appear they are job searching.

But there has GOT to be a way to get my number off their website as it is interfering with my job (requires me to answer my phone when random numbers call, and often). I have messaged their “fraud” report email on 4 separate occasions and all I get is a ticket number- and no reply, no call, no one to help me. I have the person's first and last name, as well as the phone number (mine) they are using. That should be enough. :/

Original review: July 7, 2020

Not user friendly to sign up. Very poor turnaround for 'support'. Lengthy process of 'authentication'. I found the sign up process slanted to the job seeker... Several times I had to stop, clear the registration, and go back to select employer. I don't know why. I reached out to 'support'. The morning of the next day, still no response from them. My card was charged and showed my 'purchases' but they didn't get authenticated in timely fashion. I gave up. I requested a refund and the guy who took my request was very helpful and efficient. I don't want to suck up my day by trying to post job ads. I have learned that there are many more user friendly sites who want to post my ad and let me get back to my job!

Original review: July 4, 2020

Career Builder sells your information to 3rd parties. I received many robo calls after registering on their site. I have never had an employer contact me via this site, as with other job sites. I would recommend using other sites, including InDeed or after finding a job on Career Builder go directly to the company site.

Original review: July 3, 2020

CareerBuilder made my experience easy when job searching. They have a easy resume uploader that fills in most of the information for you after the resume is uploaded. They have it where you can filter the job search according to the category of your choice.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I have been using CareerBuilder for years, it is the one website that I trust consistently to help me find employment. I have been to many an interview and had my a good response from my resume using CareerBuilder and I will continue to use it.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I’ve been using CareerBuilder since 2010. It has helped me get 2 jobs that I kept during these 10 years. I love the updates because if I give up or forget to check that day it gives me the ones posted that day.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I personally use CareerBuilder because it is the easiest to search and send resumes. If you are out of work I find that you need to apply to a lot of jobs because maybe 1 out of 10 will call you back so ease in applying is important to me.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I have used Career Builder to search for jobs for myself and others. It allows you to search in several different ways based on job titles, specific words or company names. Most companies provide a pretty extensive description as to the job functions.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Very seldom give 5's, always room to improve. Headers allow me to get specific quickly. Doesn't overwhelm with information that is not necessary during initial search review. Appreciate knowing the location and can filter search.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I like the variety. Some of the listings are older. They try to remove them as best they can but I guess it's all in the reporting from companies. I get alerts and recommendations. Very helpful. Site is easy to navigate even for non computer savvy people. Great site.

CareerBuilder.com Company Information