Walden University Nursing

Compare Online Nursing Programs

Research top Online Nursing Programs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The enrolling was stressful but when is it not? I've found this program easier than most and had no problem with it. In conclusions, it was all very standard stuff to help me learn what I need to get my degree. Would most likely use again.

Enrolling was pretty easy. Taking the class wasn’t hard because I could work at my own schedule. I liked the fact that I didn’t have to get up early and walk in the cold to a class. I also liked that I could sit in my bed instead of a hard desk. However, engaging could be hard like when there were group projects for example. In a physical class you have a professor to teach you the material. In the online classes there might be a video sometime but you are responsible for much of your own learning. Despite that, you still get graded just as harshly as if you were in a physical class. And despite being harder than a physical class it was still helpful.

Life changing opportunity. I loved the campus. It was always lively and well put together. And most of the classes were tolerable. The courses have helped me very much, there is nothing more I could of asked for as far as what I got out of the program. I was able to retain what I had learned very well as well. I loved the professors. They were great at connecting with us 1 on 1. But I was not as pleased with a few who tended to favor some students while not so willing to help others.

From my individual experience there are many positive attributes of this online program. I like that the program is: Self propelled, self driven, flexible to meet the demands of my daily life. It also has excellent resources. I found the online platform to be well thought out and user friendly. Course work criteria thoroughly described. Degree pursuit algorithm laid out clearly and advancing through courses easily tracked online. Overall I am satisfied with my experience but it can be improved by providing ancillary resources to help meet the demands of furthering education while work and raising a family.

I like the availability, affordability and budget of courses. They offered a very large variety of courses of live interactive scheduling and pricing. But I wish they would offer a wider schedule for working parents and housewives through interactive programming. More individualized courses based on your real life and work experiences. It is also much easier to participate in a physical class daily and weekly. Listening and seeing a presentation makes it much easier to process information.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walden University Nursing?

The enrollment process was just right. It was a little confusing at first but then I got the hang of it and it was not a problem. I like that you can work at your own pace but need to have all completed by deadline. It was a very good experience doing the work that was assigned to me. The work is hard but if you put your mind to it you can do it. When I was finished it will all pay off for me.

It is easier to access the materials and it works great being a stay at home mom. I can pause a class and return at my convenience. I also enjoy not having to commute to school. The schedule is great for family and kids too. I like the variety of choosing materials, schedules and classes. Research is also right there at my fingertips. Having a quick access to the internet and online resources is so helpful. I can also look up precious student struggles and experiences. It helps me to be more prepared for the program. The only struggle I had was it not being so personal. It really depended on the teacher I had, but mostly I would have loved to speak to my instructors instead of having to commute to see them. But I have no regrets at all. Online learning and enrollment is so much more simple and convenient. I loved all my teachers. They were so helpful.

The online platform is easy to understand and engage in. No difficulty for anyone. It is great, cheap and does not require much trouble. Have never ever seen a site like this. Sometimes it charges me extra for various things which I dislike. I also dislike the colour of their page which makes me leave it again and again and that not all my questions get answered, but the program is very helpful. Plus, everyone is very encouraging and nice. I am very happy with this online platform. All my friends also like the online platform learning experience.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Walden University provides registered nurses with the convenience of advanced online nursing degrees. Students can choose from multiple options of undergraduate and graduate degrees from advanced certifications to a doctorate in nursing.

• Nursing programs: Walden offers 12 programs in the nursing field. Students can choose from three advanced nursing certificates, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN), eight different Master of Science in Nursing programs and two doctoral programs. Each master's program has its own specialty, including Leadership and Management, Nurse Practitioner Acute Care, Nurse Practitioner Adult/Gerontology, Nurse Practitioner Family, Nursing Education, Nursing Informatics and Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
  • Accreditation: Walden University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Their nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
  • Tuition: The tuition for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) program is around $17,000 total with fees. The tuition for the Master's of Science in Nursing degrees differ based on the specialty, if it's a BSN track or RN track and if the student can transfer credits. Students can expect tuition for master’s degrees to be anywhere from $23,000-$40,000 total with no transferable credits and $12,000-$20,000 total with the total amount of transferable credits. Tuition for the Doctor of Nursing Practice program is around $38,000 with no transferable credits and $22,000 with the total amount of transferable credits. Tuition for the Ph.D. program is $64,000 with no transferable credits and $35,000 with the full amount of transferable credits.
  • Admissions: To apply, candidates can go online and create a MyHomepage account, complete their profile and attach appropriate documents. Walden will evaluate students’ prior credits for free to determine which ones are eligible to transfer. Students have the option to test out of courses by taking certain exams such as the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST). Candidates can also speak with a counselor about getting credit for life experiences.
  • Financial Aid: Walden helps students find financial assistance through enrollment and financial aid advisors. According to Walden, two-thirds of their students receive some type of financial aid.
  • Best for registered nurses seeking multiple options in master’s degree programs.

Compare Online Nursing Programs