Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.19/5

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Gentle Dental Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gentle Dental?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gentle Dental?

Original review: June 3, 2020

The worse experience ever with Gentle Dental!!!! You won’t want to be treated like this as a patient. I’ve been referred to Gentle Dental by my friend who works at this place to have braces installed for my daughter. Since our first appointment, we experienced difficulties. First of all, the waiting time in the lobby was more than an hour. Then they mixed up my daughter's name with some other different patient’s name. More than that we started out from Lakewood office in Tacoma, after that we were transferred to Lakeland office at Lake Tapps for a month, then we got transferred to Capital Hill in Seattle but these are just small issues that I’m not really concerned about.

My daughter Ella, had her last ortho appointment on February 1st. Then, she was scheduled for March 21 for her last adjustments, and also, the same day, she was scheduled for deband on April 1, 2020. In March the appointment was canceled due to Covid19. In March, Ella started to have some issues with her teeth. She complained about her teeth alignment. She stopped wearing her rubber bands that she was wearing for 24 hours.

I tried to get a hold of the Gentle Dental office but they had a voice message asking to leave a detailed message and someone WILL call you back, which I did leave a message but no one called me back. I started calling daily leaving the same voice messages about Ella’s struggles but unfortunately after leaving several voice messages there was still no response from Gentle Dental office. At that time Ella's cheek started to bleed because the bracket was scratching and her K nine was very sensitive. I started to worry.

In the morning, on April 1st, I got a call from Gentle Dental. I was so happy thinking that finally someone is returning my phone call but this was just the front desk assistant calling to cancel our April appointment. I explained the situation and my daughter's struggles but the assistant said they take only emergency patients and she will get this message to her manager and the manager will call me back by the end of the day. Obviously no one returned the call. I got a hold of my local dentist, and they recommended me getting wax from Amazon for the scratching bracket and extra fluoride for the sensitive tooth until I can get a hold of Gentle Dental. Continuously making calls to Gentle Dental, finally, I got through on May 18th and scheduled Ella’s appointment on the closest date on June 1st.

On June 1st, at 7 am, I got a call from Gentle Dental front desk assistant saying our appointment is canceled. I asked what’s the reason for cancelation, she said that she is just an administrator and she has no information about that, but she has been told to call us and to cancel our appointment again. I asked her if she can reschedule for another closest date available, she said she is not sure when the doctor will be available. I was very frustrated, disappointed, and upset about this nonsense.

Later, that same day on June 1st, I was calling to get Ella scheduled but no one was picking up the phone. I left the voice message that I want to talk to their supervisor. After I left a voice message I was still continuing calling and I finally got through. The administrator apologized for what Ella had to go through and said that she will get this message to her manager Natalli and will definitely get back to me by the end of the day she said. Also, she said that Dr. ** has an available spot this Thursday at 3:50 pm.

Of course, I was happy to any availability by this time, but I told her that I still would like to talk to their supervisor and she was promising that Natalli will call me by the end of the day. I lost all my hope and was doubtful that someone would call me from Gentle Dental that day. It is nonsense, insane, irresponsible that in the last five months I couldn’t hold of anyone in Gentle Dental at the same time I’ve been charged on the monthly bases by Gentle Dental. For what?

On June 2nd, I got hold of my friend that refer us to Gentle Dental and asked for help. My friend checked the schedule and told me that Ella is not on the schedule for this Thursday and Dr. ** is not working this Thursday either. My friend told me that my daughter is scheduled for June 25th. I could not believe what I was hearing. She couldn’t find any managers on duty, however, she referred me to Hope, PCC at Kent office. Hope said that she talked to Molly, HC and Molly will contact Dr. ** and the doctor will call me today, June 2nd, for sure. That same morning when my daughter was brushing her teeth, the elastics that haven’t been replaced for five months were completely worn out and burst.

It 8:30 pm and I haven’t received any calls that Gentle Dental promised me. Looks like Dr. ** and her team disappeared :((. At this point, I’m asking that someone at a higher management level will review my concern and take serious measurements on this case. If by end of this week June 6, 2020, I won’t hear from Gentle Dental, I will take this further for additional legal help.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I have had nothing but problems with this entire company for months now. I have had dental treatments not being done correctly and needing to be done again. I have had a hygienist chart and bill extra things that were never done on TWO separate visits (which is fraudulent charting). There is a continuous lack of accountability and poor management with every single visit. I want nothing more than to leave this place for good!!.. But they have me locked in a contract for ortho work that they refuse to start (after I paid in full) because they forgot to clear me by a dentist first!?!

I could go on and on about the problems that I have gone through here, but I just want to speak with someone and resolve these issues. A month ago, they told me that a manager would call me. Turns out that several of the offices DON'T HAVE MANAGERS! Then they told me I should "leave a review" in order to have the director of operations contact me. I tried to avoid that, and the staff said they would try to email her and have her contact me, but after at least a month I have had no response at all. So would someone PLEASE address this!

Get buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2020

The dentist Dr. ** in Griffith, Ind. was terrible! Went for ten fillings & he didn't even smooth them out or polish them! Went 5 times and twice in the same day & he did 2 upper left fillings & grinded down my tooth between the eye tooth & the right front at an angle! The waiting time was horrible like his shoddy work! Had to go back again to get the tooth bonded & he didn't even admit he did that. The only thing he admitted was he had a vision problem! That was on the last visit. Would you go to a dentist that does horrible work with a vision problem? This is the worst dentist I ever went to! Wouldn't even give it 1 star but had to put down something. Don't go there! You have to walk up like 20 stairs to get to the office & my 1st appointment was at 1 p.m. & waited 1 hr. & 35 minutes just to get in the chair & then the nightmares began! This dentist shouldn't even be in a practice!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Overcharges and does not do the work they said they were going to do. I have great insurance. So far I have paid $683 for a cap and they want to charge another $288 before they put it on. Terrible rip off! They don’t tell you ahead of time. Now they take your money they won’t finish or refund. I will be reporting them to my insurance and the BBB. They should not be recommended by any insurance and should not be in business.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Two failed visits.

Experience 1:

Dr. ** practiced unclean hygiene by going from patient to patient then back to me without washing his hands!! This lasted for four hours, yes I sat in the chair four hours and went home sick, sick for three weeks now. Because it took so long for Dr. ** to get back to me, I wasn't numb anymore so I had to go through the shots all over again. The procedure involved a crown prep, my front tooth looked like a toothpick when he was done. When I asked why it was taking so long, he whispered in my new patient ears, to paraphrase, ("We are short staffed" and that many of the hygienist were horrible). This did not fill me with confidence. I begged for my insurance company to please find me someone else - they said once a dentist starts a crown they should finish it. He told me he ate mercury when he was a kid.

Experience 2:

The end result is a botch - I have a bright white mismatch in color crown, yes front and center and cockeyed too. It doesn't quite fit right, but being terrified as I was, we called it good and I hurried out the door never to return of course. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Our family has been going to Gentle Dental (Fry Rd) for years and we have never had a bad experience until today. My son had a Filling done last year and it fell out while he was away at school in a different city so we decided to wait until he came back into town to have the original dentist fix the filling that fell out. When he went in to Get his filling fixed the person they have working in the front desk area asked how I wanted to pay to fix the filling? I replied do you not have a warranty on your fillings? Then she told me that he never had a filling in that tooth and that he had $2200 worth of cavities that needed to be filled. I told her it was Christmas time and that I was not able to pay the bill at this time and I just wanted to fix the cavity that fell out.

The woman at the front desk continue to argue with me and say there was never a cavity filled and then repeatedly told me and my son that we could not afford the services in an attempt to what seemed embarrassed us or make us feel bad that we We’re not able to pay for her long list of expenses. I would never take my child back to a place that would embarrass somebody and this type of behavior is very unprofessional.

After reading all the reviews on this business I see that they are all one star reviews and I’m assuming it’s all because of this lady at the front desk because we have never had a problem with any of the other staff there, they have all been nothing but respectful of us after spending thousands of dollars in that office over the years. We will be taking our business elsewhere because we will not be treated this way by a receptionist who wants to put others down. I hope they replace her with somebody who is friendly and respectful of all people so that they can regain some of their business back in the future.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I have been going to Gentle Dental for many years because of the convenient location on relationship to my house. I have very good dental hygiene and have not had a cavity in over a decade. Gentle Dental has a pretty high turn over of dentists and staff in general. Every year for the last 3 years there is a new dentist. Billing department is a mess. You pay for treatment and next time you come to your appointment they try to charge you again for something you paid a year ago.

Scheduling department is a mess. I got 2 wrong appointment dates and last minute cancellations on my dental cleaning appointment. But the worse is what just happened to me last week. I got recommended two unnecessary fillings, for "potential cavities" that were seen on my xrays. The new dentist said he could see cavities forming on two of my teeth. He never pointed out on my mouth which were the actual teeth he was referring too. I requested for him to see the two previous years of xrays to compare, and he mentioned the cavities were there, but the two previous dentists never mentioned anything about them. The dentist told me that he was going to do two small incisions on the teeth, very minor.

I decided to trust the dentist, and the day of the treatment, he made huge holes in my two teeth, opposite than what he mentioned, and was in a rush between my dentist chair and another patient in another room. I arrived with no pain, and now I cannot chew because I have shooting pain. I suspect this is what is called "drill and fill" just to cash on insurance, and that I got unnecessary treatment done, and opposite to a small incision got a huge ones to turn them into potential root canals = more insurance money, and even potentially a crown, even more money!! I feel I was preyed upon!! After I was done with my treatment the assistant said, "Let's scheduled your next treatment for two crowns..." If you have an alternative, do not ever go to Gentle Dental.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I am on Medicare's Humana Gold Plan and went to Gentle Dental to get the services provided by My Plan: an Oral Exam, Bite-wing x-rays, a gen'l Oral cleaning. I was denied a Topical Cleaning because they wanted to do a Periodontal cleaning which costs a lot more and is done in 2-4 sessions. I told them Humana wanted Me to send them their recommendations and from their I would get the supplemental ins I needed to cover some of the costs. I also wanted to get a second opinion; the costs seemed excessive. I was denied a topical cleaning. I am fighting with Humana to get Gentle Dental to honor the SERVICES they CONTRACTED w/ Humana to do and/or get another dentist who will use the x-rays from Gentle Dental. My Plan only allows for 1 x-ray per calendar year.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

My first time to a dentist in 4 years. Dr. ** and staff were caring, professional. I'm post transplant survivor and they made sure that the necessary precautions were taken to be safe. Now I'm going back to get my top dentures done. A very clean and sanitary office. Everything was explained upfront. Highly recommend this office in West Chester...

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

So they made me verify my appointment by text. They made me verify my appointment by email. They made me verify my appointment by phone. Yet they didn't have the courtesy to tell me that no doctor was there that day for my 12pm appointment for an exam! They didn't even apologize until I called the office manager and suggested that she do that! She said they found out the night before that he was taking vacation time! Rude. My time is valuable too. There is LOTS of competition out there!!

Gentle Dental Company Information