3.2/5 (75 ratings)

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Gentle Dental Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gentle Dental?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gentle Dental?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I went to the Gentle Dental office at 702 E. Bell Rd. Phx for an $1100 root canal in April. I left over 2 hours later in pain. Was told it will go away. Went about 5 days later to their other nearby office for the required filling, told them it hurts when I eat. They said it will go away. Because of Covid going on I waited until the end of May then called the first office again, in pain still. They said they no longer have an Endodontist go to the other office who said go to the original office where the root canal was done. Covid raging, underlying health problems, frustrated from getting the run around I tried to wait it out.

By September I still could not bite down without pain. I called the original office sounding as though they had no idea I was in pain, said I could see their new Endodontist who told me my tooth was broken, would have to be pulled and I would need a $7000. Implant. When I was upset that their Endodontist broke my tooth their office manager said "How can we make this right for you?" I said compensate me for breaking my tooth! They have been giving me the runaround since then and have not responded to my claim with the Better Business Bureau. I have now filed a complaint with Interdent their corporate office and the AZ state dental board.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I had all my teeth pulled out and immediate dentures put in. They explained hardly anything to me or any options. They gave me no written information or advice. Being very afraid of dentists I just went with it. Their periodontist charges were insanely expensive as well as the charges for the immediate dentures. When my bottom denture broke they sent it to be fixed and now it doesn't fit in my mouth (way too big) and doesn't feel like it belongs and could belong to a different patient. Their costs for everything are outrageous. My dad helped me pay for this and I wish I had done a lot more research before going to this place. This is in Peoria, AZ. I am not happy with them.

Original review: June 3, 2020

The worse experience ever with Gentle Dental!!!! You won’t want to be treated like this as a patient. I’ve been referred to Gentle Dental by my friend who works at this place to have braces installed for my daughter. Since our first appointment, we experienced difficulties. First of all, the waiting time in the lobby was more than an hour. Then they mixed up my daughter's name with some other different patient’s name. More than that we started out from Lakewood office in Tacoma, after that we were transferred to Lakeland office at Lake Tapps for a month, then we got transferred to Capital Hill in Seattle but these are just small issues that I’m not really concerned about.

My daughter Ella, had her last ortho appointment on February 1st. Then, she was scheduled for March 21 for her last adjustments, and also, the same day, she was scheduled for deband on April 1, 2020. In March the appointment was canceled due to Covid19. In March, Ella started to have some issues with her teeth. She complained about her teeth alignment. She stopped wearing her rubber bands that she was wearing for 24 hours.

I tried to get a hold of the Gentle Dental office but they had a voice message asking to leave a detailed message and someone WILL call you back, which I did leave a message but no one called me back. I started calling daily leaving the same voice messages about Ella’s struggles but unfortunately after leaving several voice messages there was still no response from Gentle Dental office. At that time Ella's cheek started to bleed because the bracket was scratching and her K nine was very sensitive. I started to worry.

In the morning, on April 1st, I got a call from Gentle Dental. I was so happy thinking that finally someone is returning my phone call but this was just the front desk assistant calling to cancel our April appointment. I explained the situation and my daughter's struggles but the assistant said they take only emergency patients and she will get this message to her manager and the manager will call me back by the end of the day. Obviously no one returned the call. I got a hold of my local dentist, and they recommended me getting wax from Amazon for the scratching bracket and extra fluoride for the sensitive tooth until I can get a hold of Gentle Dental. Continuously making calls to Gentle Dental, finally, I got through on May 18th and scheduled Ella’s appointment on the closest date on June 1st.

On June 1st, at 7 am, I got a call from Gentle Dental front desk assistant saying our appointment is canceled. I asked what’s the reason for cancelation, she said that she is just an administrator and she has no information about that, but she has been told to call us and to cancel our appointment again. I asked her if she can reschedule for another closest date available, she said she is not sure when the doctor will be available. I was very frustrated, disappointed, and upset about this nonsense.

Later, that same day on June 1st, I was calling to get Ella scheduled but no one was picking up the phone. I left the voice message that I want to talk to their supervisor. After I left a voice message I was still continuing calling and I finally got through. The administrator apologized for what Ella had to go through and said that she will get this message to her manager Natalli and will definitely get back to me by the end of the day she said. Also, she said that Dr. ** has an available spot this Thursday at 3:50 pm.

Of course, I was happy to any availability by this time, but I told her that I still would like to talk to their supervisor and she was promising that Natalli will call me by the end of the day. I lost all my hope and was doubtful that someone would call me from Gentle Dental that day. It is nonsense, insane, irresponsible that in the last five months I couldn’t hold of anyone in Gentle Dental at the same time I’ve been charged on the monthly bases by Gentle Dental. For what?

On June 2nd, I got hold of my friend that refer us to Gentle Dental and asked for help. My friend checked the schedule and told me that Ella is not on the schedule for this Thursday and Dr. ** is not working this Thursday either. My friend told me that my daughter is scheduled for June 25th. I could not believe what I was hearing. She couldn’t find any managers on duty, however, she referred me to Hope, PCC at Kent office. Hope said that she talked to Molly, HC and Molly will contact Dr. ** and the doctor will call me today, June 2nd, for sure. That same morning when my daughter was brushing her teeth, the elastics that haven’t been replaced for five months were completely worn out and burst.

It 8:30 pm and I haven’t received any calls that Gentle Dental promised me. Looks like Dr. ** and her team disappeared :((. At this point, I’m asking that someone at a higher management level will review my concern and take serious measurements on this case. If by end of this week June 6, 2020, I won’t hear from Gentle Dental, I will take this further for additional legal help.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I have had nothing but problems with this entire company for months now. I have had dental treatments not being done correctly and needing to be done again. I have had a hygienist chart and bill extra things that were never done on TWO separate visits (which is fraudulent charting). There is a continuous lack of accountability and poor management with every single visit. I want nothing more than to leave this place for good!!.. But they have me locked in a contract for ortho work that they refuse to start (after I paid in full) because they forgot to clear me by a dentist first!?!

I could go on and on about the problems that I have gone through here, but I just want to speak with someone and resolve these issues. A month ago, they told me that a manager would call me. Turns out that several of the offices DON'T HAVE MANAGERS! Then they told me I should "leave a review" in order to have the director of operations contact me. I tried to avoid that, and the staff said they would try to email her and have her contact me, but after at least a month I have had no response at all. So would someone PLEASE address this!

Original review: March 9, 2020

The dentist Dr. ** in Griffith, Ind. was terrible! Went for ten fillings & he didn't even smooth them out or polish them! Went 5 times and twice in the same day & he did 2 upper left fillings & grinded down my tooth between the eye tooth & the right front at an angle! The waiting time was horrible like his shoddy work! Had to go back again to get the tooth bonded & he didn't even admit he did that. The only thing he admitted was he had a vision problem! That was on the last visit. Would you go to a dentist that does horrible work with a vision problem? This is the worst dentist I ever went to! Wouldn't even give it 1 star but had to put down something. Don't go there! You have to walk up like 20 stairs to get to the office & my 1st appointment was at 1 p.m. & waited 1 hr. & 35 minutes just to get in the chair & then the nightmares began! This dentist shouldn't even be in a practice!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Overcharges and does not do the work they said they were going to do. I have great insurance. So far I have paid $683 for a cap and they want to charge another $288 before they put it on. Terrible rip off! They don’t tell you ahead of time. Now they take your money they won’t finish or refund. I will be reporting them to my insurance and the BBB. They should not be recommended by any insurance and should not be in business.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Two failed visits.

Experience 1:

Dr. ** practiced unclean hygiene by going from patient to patient then back to me without washing his hands!! This lasted for four hours, yes I sat in the chair four hours and went home sick, sick for three weeks now. Because it took so long for Dr. ** to get back to me, I wasn't numb anymore so I had to go through the shots all over again. The procedure involved a crown prep, my front tooth looked like a toothpick when he was done. When I asked why it was taking so long, he whispered in my new patient ears, to paraphrase, ("We are short staffed" and that many of the hygienist were horrible). This did not fill me with confidence. I begged for my insurance company to please find me someone else - they said once a dentist starts a crown they should finish it. He told me he ate mercury when he was a kid.

Experience 2:

The end result is a botch - I have a bright white mismatch in color crown, yes front and center and cockeyed too. It doesn't quite fit right, but being terrified as I was, we called it good and I hurried out the door never to return of course. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Our family has been going to Gentle Dental (Fry Rd) for years and we have never had a bad experience until today. My son had a Filling done last year and it fell out while he was away at school in a different city so we decided to wait until he came back into town to have the original dentist fix the filling that fell out. When he went in to Get his filling fixed the person they have working in the front desk area asked how I wanted to pay to fix the filling? I replied do you not have a warranty on your fillings? Then she told me that he never had a filling in that tooth and that he had $2200 worth of cavities that needed to be filled. I told her it was Christmas time and that I was not able to pay the bill at this time and I just wanted to fix the cavity that fell out.

The woman at the front desk continue to argue with me and say there was never a cavity filled and then repeatedly told me and my son that we could not afford the services in an attempt to what seemed embarrassed us or make us feel bad that we We’re not able to pay for her long list of expenses. I would never take my child back to a place that would embarrass somebody and this type of behavior is very unprofessional.

After reading all the reviews on this business I see that they are all one star reviews and I’m assuming it’s all because of this lady at the front desk because we have never had a problem with any of the other staff there, they have all been nothing but respectful of us after spending thousands of dollars in that office over the years. We will be taking our business elsewhere because we will not be treated this way by a receptionist who wants to put others down. I hope they replace her with somebody who is friendly and respectful of all people so that they can regain some of their business back in the future.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I have been going to Gentle Dental for many years because of the convenient location on relationship to my house. I have very good dental hygiene and have not had a cavity in over a decade. Gentle Dental has a pretty high turn over of dentists and staff in general. Every year for the last 3 years there is a new dentist. Billing department is a mess. You pay for treatment and next time you come to your appointment they try to charge you again for something you paid a year ago.

Scheduling department is a mess. I got 2 wrong appointment dates and last minute cancellations on my dental cleaning appointment. But the worse is what just happened to me last week. I got recommended two unnecessary fillings, for "potential cavities" that were seen on my xrays. The new dentist said he could see cavities forming on two of my teeth. He never pointed out on my mouth which were the actual teeth he was referring too. I requested for him to see the two previous years of xrays to compare, and he mentioned the cavities were there, but the two previous dentists never mentioned anything about them. The dentist told me that he was going to do two small incisions on the teeth, very minor.

I decided to trust the dentist, and the day of the treatment, he made huge holes in my two teeth, opposite than what he mentioned, and was in a rush between my dentist chair and another patient in another room. I arrived with no pain, and now I cannot chew because I have shooting pain. I suspect this is what is called "drill and fill" just to cash on insurance, and that I got unnecessary treatment done, and opposite to a small incision got a huge ones to turn them into potential root canals = more insurance money, and even potentially a crown, even more money!! I feel I was preyed upon!! After I was done with my treatment the assistant said, "Let's scheduled your next treatment for two crowns..." If you have an alternative, do not ever go to Gentle Dental.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I am on Medicare's Humana Gold Plan and went to Gentle Dental to get the services provided by My Plan: an Oral Exam, Bite-wing x-rays, a gen'l Oral cleaning. I was denied a Topical Cleaning because they wanted to do a Periodontal cleaning which costs a lot more and is done in 2-4 sessions. I told them Humana wanted Me to send them their recommendations and from their I would get the supplemental ins I needed to cover some of the costs. I also wanted to get a second opinion; the costs seemed excessive. I was denied a topical cleaning. I am fighting with Humana to get Gentle Dental to honor the SERVICES they CONTRACTED w/ Humana to do and/or get another dentist who will use the x-rays from Gentle Dental. My Plan only allows for 1 x-ray per calendar year.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

My first time to a dentist in 4 years. Dr. ** and staff were caring, professional. I'm post transplant survivor and they made sure that the necessary precautions were taken to be safe. Now I'm going back to get my top dentures done. A very clean and sanitary office. Everything was explained upfront. Highly recommend this office in West Chester...

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

So they made me verify my appointment by text. They made me verify my appointment by email. They made me verify my appointment by phone. Yet they didn't have the courtesy to tell me that no doctor was there that day for my 12pm appointment for an exam! They didn't even apologize until I called the office manager and suggested that she do that! She said they found out the night before that he was taking vacation time! Rude. My time is valuable too. There is LOTS of competition out there!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I was very pleased with the staff at Gentle Dental until I found out they would not take my plan discount. I tried 3 different ones. Wasted $. Then I got their plan which was 15% off (100 for year) but it just wasn’t enough. Still would have to spend a small fortune. Also had bad experiences at Aspen, probably worse. They won’t even let you in the door without paying something up front (like at least 850). Where do they think people can get 5k instantly?? Had deep scaling 2 sides which cost more than 2k. We had to spend 3k on my husband’s work so that’s 5k and they claim more is needed for both of us.

They don’t care about the patient, all they care about is the $. They are out of control! I need to find a dentist in my area that will take Avia Dental Plan and reasonable prices. You could almost lose your home going to them! One last and most important question, are these folks who have so many complaints against them actually investigated with some results???

Original review: July 23, 2019

I had scheduled an appointment to have all of my upper teeth pulled and replaced with a full upper denture. After my teeth were pulled, I was given a sheet of instructions for after care and went home. They instructed my girlfriend to make sure I get the dentures in my mouth because when they tried over and over to get them into my mouth and stay, that the bleeding became very heavy. I never expected to be put through that kind of pain especially right after having all my teeth pulled. I went to all of my scheduled follow up appointments for about a year (every few months) for adjustments. These teeth never fit right, so every time I went in a different person was filing away at these dentures that were starting to look like cheese cloth.

I told them I could not eat right, self conscious about talking to crews that I ran, and told them I didn't pay thousands of dollars to have see through, uneven teeth that I can't even eat with. They wanted me to do more adjustment appointments. I spent a year doing that and that didn't get me anywhere except living my life around time that was convenient them. One dentist straight out told me to go see someone with experience since that is not her field of expertise and that I was not getting a refund. I still have the dentures until I can afford new ones.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I was a loyal customer of Gentle Dental for 3 years. The quality of the dental work was good, no complaints there. The billing department is another story. I received a bill in the mail 9 months after the date of service. I had paid my balance in full the day of my visit with my credit card. The services they billed my insurance for didn’t add up, way too many discrepancies. I filed an appeal with my insurance company which was denied because it was not filed in the 90-day appeal window.

The scam is that they wait until your deadline to file an appeal has passed and then they bill you. The appeal is automatically denied because it wasn’t filed in the allowed timeframe and then you’re responsible to pay whatever is on the invoice. Since the appeal decision, I’ve tried to contact them several times to settle my account, but they won’t return my call or answer the phone. I even visited the office to pay my bill and there was a sign on the door stating they were closed for a week because they were on vacation. My advice— beware!

Original review: April 5, 2019

I had visited Gentle Dental in 6 month before and they suggested me to root canal of one my right side teeth. They told it wil be safe and permanent fix. I did it, and now after 6 month my root canal teeth completely broke broke. I lost my entire teeth. I will strongly suggest do not visit Gentle Dental Sunnyvale. They just do if for their business. Not for your care.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Destroyed teeth scratched under gums to cause pockets that cavitated under gums and no calcification before or now around the scratches. Please never go to these people. Only send your enemies if you want to destroy their teeth. They pulled my ex's teeth - showed the x-rays to a nether dentist and they was shocked. They didn't need to be pulled. They could have been fixed with a filling.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I would like to share with you my experience with Gentle Dental in Moore OK. I called Gentle Dental to make an appointment to get my wisdom teeth removed. They asked for a referral from my dentist, at Lifetime dental. I went to Lifetime dental and watched the secretary transfer my information to Gentle Dental. I called the next day and they said they never received it. I called again and had them send my request to Dr. ** herself. The secretary at Gentle Dental said her assistant was not in and to leave my information and she would get back to me the following day. I did not receive a call. I called again and Gentle Dental told me Dr. Blair ** does not have an assistant and to send the referral to the Manager. Lifetime dental sent the referral a third time. As you can guess they did not receive it.

My sweet Mother in Law decided to call for me because I have been in so much pain. She had Lifetime Dental send a fax to Gentle Dental. The secretary said they did not receive it and made the excuse that they do not have good working machines. The secretary proceeded to tell me the soonest I could get in was the end of March for an appointment, because Dr. ** only works once a month. I am assuming all of this is taking place because of my insurance plan. I have Aetna DMO and no one in Oklahoma takes Aetna DMO except Dr. **.

My experience with Gentle Dental is they avoid Aetna DMO like the plague so they do not have to deal with their policies. I am very disappointed with the way Gentle Dental handles situations. I will not refer Gentle Dental, even if you have full coverage like Aetna DMO wisdom removal, because they will not accept it! My advice would be to pay out of pocket, if your insurance doesn't cover, to Wisdom Tooth Center. They are helpful caring people who get you an appointment right away, and who tell the truth about your situation.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

If I could rate this dentist office a "0", I would! 1) Let's just start at 2010: I, along with my insurance, paid several thousands of dollars to replace my silver fillings with porcelain. The dentist who did the work, replaced my silver fillings with a cheap composite, that appears as a filling in all of my x-rays; it is hard for dentists to decipher if it is composite or a filling. 2) I made my daughter an appointment to be seen, and the day of her appointment, she was informed that she would have to pay a lot of money (up front). I advised them, I spoke with her insurance, and that she shouldn't be out of any money (out of pocket). My daughter cancelled, and rescheduled to give the office an opportunity to get it straightened out.

No one ever called back to verify if they confirmed with her insurance, that there is no out of pocket. I made an appointment, for her, with Diamond Dental. She got right in, they confirmed her insurance required no out of pocket expense, the same day, and notified her before her appointment. 3) Because the dentist screwed up my dental work (in 2010), I continued to go there for fear that a new dentist may mistake all of my bad composite fillings as cavities. I went, on Dec 28, 2018, to get 2 fillings. Since the day that I left, one of the teeth that I had filled has been bothering me, and gradually got worse. I called on 02/25/18, to make an appt. to see the dentist. My appt. was made for 02/04/19. I was contacted by one of their (rude) office assistants, at 09:31 (the morning of my appt.). She called to advise me that I would need to pay $109, before being seen.

My insurance didn't pay that amount, and the amount that was quoted was an estimate. Okay, understood, but I asked her why she waited to the day of my appt., to inform me of this, when I made the appt. almost 2 weeks ago. Her response was, I made the appt. on 02/25, and she just called my insurance on 02/01, and found out that I owed a balance. So basically, I have to continue going in pain, due to the dentist's error, until I have the balance paid (that I wasn't informed about until the day of my appointment). These people are so unprofessional, used inferior products on my teeth, and probably billed my insurance and charged me for what should've/could've been used. I will make an appt. with Diamond Dental, and transfer my records there. I can't deal with unprofessionalism, especially when I am paying my money!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

At my initial exam I was asked if they could do x-ray and I asked how much that would cost and they said my insurance would pay for it. Now they send me a bill for x-rays that my insurance isn't paying for.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Gentle Dental Malden MA made the first set of dentures. I could not wear them. They were too big for my mouth. After talking to a lawyer they made me a second set of dentures. This set fit better but the bottoms would only stay fixed for an hour or two. Had to keep putting of Poligrip five and six time a day. When I told this to the doctor she said I had to keep applying the Poligrip. I had another set of teeth by another dentist and they fit fine. I think Gentle Dental should refund my money because they did not give me a product I can use. The cost of the dentures was $2,732.32

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

The front staff is friendly and efficient. When you check out the staff is knowledgeable and versed on your benefits and accommodate to your next appointment to your schedule. The hygienist are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable in their profession.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Worst experience at a dentist office ever. Beside the fact that the female dentist had no upper body strength to pull my tooth out, and it took her 20 minutes to get it out. She then wrote me a prescription for a pain medication that did not exist! I had to go all weekend in pain because no prescribing doctor was in to rewrite the prescription. Receptionist was nice and assistants were overly nice and helpful, but I will be changing dentist ASAP. She judged me and unnecessarily hurt me. What a crappy person. Let alone a doctor.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

After reading all the bad reviews, I can see that this confirms my thoughts of them soaking the insurance companies! I had a hip replacement 3 years ago and since then have taken extreme caution in the cleaning and care of my teeth to avoid infections. I was scheduled to have a regular cleaning at Gentle Dental Thorndale, PA. The tech was so rough and I believe made my gums bleed excessively on purpose. She kept stopping and told me I need to take better care of my teeth and I am on my way to having gum disease.

She said "see all this bleeding? You have so much plaque under the gums". Then she left to talk to the dentist. She came back and told me that I needed to schedule a "deep cleaning" because she couldn't work like that with all the bleeding. She did not finish cleaning my teeth! So I told her that I don't understand why because I made a point to take care of them since my replacement. She accused me of not flossing, which I did. I have the floss sitting right at my table in the living room. I use it after each meal! The dentist told me I needed to have a root canal (which my insurance doesn't cover... of course) and I needed an extraction. So, I left, very confused and felt so ridiculed and humiliated.

I made an appointment at a dental clinic. Had my first appointment and they were wonderful. I DO NOT have excessive plaque, not heading towards gum disease, and lo and behold... I do not need a root canal or an extraction!!! There is nothing wrong with my teeth!! Confirmed by the clinic! Just had a cleaning today and almost no bleeding. Amazing how Gentle Dental can get away with lying to their patients and screwing over the insurance companies and medical assistance!!! They should be investigated!!!

Original review: July 24, 2018

I have never seen the same dentist twice. Every time I go there (980 Willow Creek Rd Prescott AZ) there are always new staff because the old staff quits. Very non professional. Today's visit was awful. This new dentist wouldn’t look at me when talking and really couldn’t figure out if I had cavities or not. I’m taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: July 17, 2018

My experience with Gentle Dental has been atrocious. I would recommend strongly to anyone to NEVER GO TO THE GLISAN ST. CLINIC IN PORTLAND, OREGON- EVER! You are better off pulling your own tooth with a pliers. I was referred to a periodontist for a gum graft on one single tooth due to gum recession. When I had my consultation with the periodontist she provided me with a treatment plan for the one tooth and I scheduled the gum graft. On the day of the appointment in the car ride home with my husband I noticed that they did the gum graft on the WRONG TOOTH. (I was out of if during the actual surgery or probably would have noticed sooner).

When I called them immediately upon realizing the HUGE ERROR they asked "what side of the mouth did they do the work on?" I responded, "the right side" and Cici replied, "Oh yep, they were supposed to do the left side." I informed her that I was aware of that and expressed my frustration and annoyance with them for this huge error. I requested a refund of the $368 payment I had made earlier that day. She referred me to the manager McKenzie. When I finally spoke to McKenzie on Monday (the appointment was on Friday) she assured me that she would submit the reversal request and that it would take, "a few days." 7 days later the payment had still not posted as a refund so I called again.

I was informed that McKenzie was out of the office for the day (8 am) but she would have McKenzie call me first thing the next morning. I called the next day at 9 am as McKenzie had not called me back and was informed that McKenzie was not in yet but "would be in shortly and would call me back." 2 hours later I had still not heard from her so I called her back again. I was placed on hold for 8 minutes and when I finally spoke to McKenzie she now told me that it takes 4-6 weeks for the reversal to post as their accounting department only handles refunds "once a month." I told her that when I spoke to her last week she NEVER ONCE mentioned 4-6 weeks and assured me it would take only a few days. Her reply was, "I have it in my notes that I told you that." I repeatedly informed her that she never mentioned that and if she had I wouldn't be calling 7 days later and 8 days later to find out the status.

They have repeatedly treated me horribly and continue to lie to me. Not to mention last week (less than 7 days after the gum graft) I felt the sutures coming loose and called to talk to the dentist. I was informed that she was at a different clinic but she would get the message to the Dr. and call me back. I never heard back from anyone that day.

I called again in the morning and was told again the Dr. was at a different clinic but she would call me back. 3 hours later she finally called me back and by this time a huge suture had fallen out of my mouth. The Dr. said she tried calling me back the day before but my voicemail was not set up. I told her I did not have any missed calls and asked her what number she called. She said she couldn't remember. Again, this is a lie as my voicemail has been set up for years and I had NO missed calls from anyone the day prior. Needless to say this place is a nightmare. STAY AWAY. I had to go back a week early due to the suture falling out (the non-dissolvable suture fell out) and now have to go back again for another follow up this Friday. I will never go back after this last appointment. They are horrible to deal with and lie to your face.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I am much more likely to write a company or post a review if I've had a good experience. But, Gentle Dental was worth my time to post about my dealings with them. My daughter went in for braces. $6,400 was the first quote. A relative was paying for them, so I asked that a statement be sent to them and they were to pay it in full when they got it. Weeks passed and no statement was sent. At that point, I was told that they couldn't send a statement. Why? And, why not call and tell me this? The Dr. has pulled a tooth of mine and a tooth of my daughter. I'm not at all positive either of them needed it. The Dr. had NO bedside manner and on more than one occasion, would enter the room and not even acknowledge my presence. Just not a good feeling all around.

I was asked to put a $500 down, which I did. I decided this wasn't the place for us. There were some snide remarks when I made any complaint. I just told them we were going elsewhere. The braces weren't in. I asked for my deposit back and was told it would take a few weeks since it had to go thru their Corp. Office. Why couldn't it just be charged back to my credit card? We got right into another dentist, who owned his practice...no corporate offices. Right away, there were differences. The first was the fact that he didn't have to do those nasty molds (which had to be done 3 times before they got it right). This dentist does it thru some image technology. He also had new x-ray's that are so gentle, you don't have to leave the room. Much more up to date.

Epilogue: I just received a BILL for over $300 from Gentle Dental! What for? I had paid something like $70 for the last thing they did the day we left them. AND, I still haven't heard a word about my deposit being refunded. I'm fearful they are going to deduct this $300 from my deposit. I do not owe them any money! Now, I have to find a way to contact SOMEONE to try and get my money back. More hassle. Advice: try to do business with people who own their own business. Corporate just makes for more trouble!

Original review: June 29, 2018

My wife got a period maintenance cleaning and I had paid for it but my insurance told me it was cover 100%; I talked to the office manager then she called the insurance and she said she will take care of it. Later she quit the company. Now the new manager told me she doesn't know it and she call the dental insurance then said insurance not cover. I call the insurance and the insurance told me that the dentist office had called and she was told that I don't have to pay that because insurance had cover, then I call the dental office again but she told me bring document paper to show her to prove it then hang up on me. I call the insurance and they will send me letter to prove it. Conclusion, dentist doctor is good but office manager is not good.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I wish I had looked at the reviews, but I just picked a dentist on my insurance plan. I'll preface by saying I take great care of my teeth and go at least twice year for cleanings. I'm the kind of person who changed fillings so they'd look nicer and got braces at 40. I really care about my teeth and normally love the dentist. I was at the dentist 5 months before trying Gentle Dental, and I went to another dentist two days after my last interaction with them. Based on that - they either lie or exaggerate to make you do unnecessary procedures. They told me I needed gum surgery and a deep cleaning - neither of which was covered by insurance.

They ganged up on me to intimidate you into doing those procedures despite my repeatedly saying I didn't think I needed, and I couldn't afford it. I had 3 people including the office manager standing around me trying to coerce me into doing these procedures. And when I said no, I'd rather just get the cleaning now, and I'll think about the procedure and costs in the future, THEY REFUSED TO CLEAN MY TEETH. Let me reiterate, a dentist a few months before and a few days after disagreed with their required course of action. They're unethical and insurance/procedure/money focused practiced who is less concerned with honesty and their patient's well being.

Original review: June 5, 2018

The front desk/administration have no attention detail. They will schedule appts. and then change them without your approval. They will always try to charge more than you should be paying. Some of the ladies won't admit to their shortcomings and being overwhelmed! IT'S AN EASY JOB, AND IT'S SO SCREWED UP!!!

Gentle Dental Company Information