Bright Now! Dental

• 0%
  • 9%
  • 91%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bright Now! Dental?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bright Now! Dental?
    Profile pic of the author.
    Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2020

Very rude front office team at the North Olmsted Office!! I had my teeth cleaned with this office yesterday. I have Medicare Dental Insurance and my copay should have been only $5. When I was presented with the bill, I was asked to pay an additional $78. Total was $83 including my copay. They claim that they gave me 50% discount, which sounded odd to me. The dentists and the hygienist were friendly and pleasant.

When I got home, I contacted my Medicare Dental office and was advised that my teeth cleaning was completely covered and my copay bill should be $5 only. I called Bright Now Dental office and was advised that they would look into it and get back to me. Since I did not hear back from them, I went to their office and showed my dental benefits list from my insurance to the front office lady. She started arguing that they did what she called "Regular Maintenance", which was ODD to me, since I only got regular cleaning. I have been cleaning and taking care of teeth all my life and very familiar with the procedure. After back and forth argument and mentioning to the front office lady that it was not correct what they did and charged, I was asked to leave the office!! The other lady, who was cleaning and have garbage bags in her hands, came from the other side of the office and sided with the rude one. She also asked me to leave.

Following are my recommendations: Be careful dealing with this office, especially on billing side, as they tend to overcharge and bill you for services that are not rendered to help increase their profits and margins.. Ensure to ask them about the work they intend to perform and the cost before commencing and whether those are covered. Finally, don't let them fool you by offering you something you don't need and other than what you come for!! I DEFINITELY WILL NOT GO BACK TO THEM, NOR RECOMMEND THEM...

Reviewed Feb. 11, 2020

Told to come early. We arrived early. Sat here for an hour after original appointment time. Asked window how much longer. They told me 15mins. We were here for 1 1/2 hrs before being seen. My daughter was supposed to be seen right after my son. Cancelled her appointment and mine that was supposed to be in two days. Horrible!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2019

I had implants done. They keep my appointment when extracting teeth and surgical implants. After healing 4 months from surgery, it turned into a total nightmare. My first appointment after recouping from surgery was scheduled 2 weeks away. The DAY OF my appointment they called and said they had to cancel and then rescheduled me another 2 weeks later. I went in to get the go ahead because all looked well. Had to make another appointment to measure caps.

Dr. ** of the Silverdale, Wa. Office is the most AWFUL Dentist I have ever encountered. He took the implants out, measured, put them back in and I left. It was a Friday. That evening, the top of the implant came off (not the post). Called. NO ANSWER. Closed on weekends with no answering machine. NOTHING! Come Monday called, couldn't get in 'til Wednesday. 5 days without cap on. First thing Dr. ** said is, "What did you do to cause this." I told him, "Nothing, it fell off the day you took it off and put it on after measuring." He was mad saying he made sure he did it right.

Long story short,with cancelled appointments constantly, caps not there after 2 months. Really! I was so frustrated that I didn't want to hear the constant excuses. I walked out. Come to find out that Dr. ** wouldn't even keep my husband's appointment stating he no longer felt comfortable. What does that even really mean. Means he got the 21,000. out of pocket from us and as much if not more from our insurance company. No caps. Tells us to find another dentist to do it if we want them. His WHOLE staff passes the buck. NO ONE seems to know what the others are doing or not doing. STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THEM!!! In fact RUN from that office.

Coverage

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2019

Horrible experience. Been there with all the family members, for 2 years. They screw up with the insurance, and after 10 months, asked me for money. They make you sign a document where it states that you are personally liable, if the insurance doesn't pay, so legally my hands were tied. The insurance refused payment because they said the procedure wasn't needed. BrightNowDental, didn't appeal, and charged me instead. I paid the bill, but they lost all of my family members as customers, and I will tell the story in every public place possible. STAY AWAY from this place.

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2019

This dental operation is a joke, totally unprofessional. Routinely make patients wait for more than 2 hours for a yearly exam and will not allow a cleaning appointment without an exam first. Wasn't just my experience, four other people waiting in the waiting area for 2 plus hours each for the same issue; several left, as did I, and will schedule with a dentist elsewhere. Save your time and money (as it will surely be wasted) and go somewhere else.

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2019

I have been a client of Bright Now Dental for a number of years. They have completed adequate routine cleanings. Recently They recommended 2 crowns to cracked molars. The 1st temporary Crown was completed on 10/29/19 and cracked 1 day later. I returned to Bright Now on 11/1/19 to have a 2nd Temp. Crown completed. This Crown cracked as well shortly after leaving the office. I called Bright Now on 11/2/19 and left work early to have the Temp. Crown replaced for a 3rd time.

When I walked into the office it just felt hostile. I was walked back and a different Dental Tech stated that she would be replacing the Temp Crown. She then stated very loudly "This is going to be real easy" several times. She then looked directly at me and stated "Mr. ** you should be very happy that we like you". This was stated in a very hostile manner. She then proceeded to make the experience as uncomfortable as possible by spraying cold water and air repeatedly onto the exposed nerve of the tooth. She could obviously see that I was in pain and offered no remedy.

I was in severe pain when I left the office and she did offer a prescription for the pain at this point. This 3rd Temp Crown cracked about 6 hours after I left. I have never experienced anything like this before. I just feel that I was literally abused physically and emotionally. I have discussed the issues with my Insurance Co. and have contacted Gryphon Investors who own Bright Now Dental to discuss my experience.

Reviewed Oct. 8, 2019

Being new to the area, I went to Bright Now Dental in Crystal River, FL. I didn't have any issues, I just needed to get a cleaning. They advised me that I needed a "deep cleaning" (whatever that means). I was charged close to $600, which was the price using their dental discount plan which cost $79. I don't know what they deep cleaned, as I had at least 2 teeth that I could see still had tarter on them. I will never go to another dental chain again. Way too expensive for what you receive.

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2019

I was at the Huber Heights office located in the Dayton, OH area. I went in after waiting about 8 weeks for a following up appt. for a procedure needed to be done prior before my root canal because of the space for the teeth needed to be widen. After a canceled appt. on their behalf they made a Sunday appt. I agree after waiting a while. I was told all I need to pay was my co-pay which was paid prior on another service. I have two insurance coverage which help with the expensive of paying hundreds of dollars for dentist work. Well for one the Dentist stuck me with a needle without numbing me with the gumming numbing solutions that is usually pink stuff place on your gums.

That made me mad so bad vibes came after that uncaring move right there, I had to tell him a thing or two and then here comes the assistance about a charge of 486.00 dollars for today service. I told her, "Oooh no. Not today!!! I don't owe you nothing else. I paid my co-pay and that was the only amount I was aware of and never was told about a 486.00 charge. I wouldn't be here right now!!!" I tore that bib off and told them that they wasn't going to over charge me. I'm not the stupid patient and I know when I'm being ripped off that I never had to pay for any services after my co-pay is paid after having double covered and if it was a charge usually was never past a hundred dollars.

I ask for my X-rays and keep it pushing. I will never go back and I should had known better working on a Sunday they only was out for the money. I will call my insurance companies just confirm this issues in hand. I'm so upset because now I have a temp teeth in prior before this root canal this procedure was needed to finish it out. So I'm one mad lady. So please read and don't go to Bright Now! They are not worth the pain.

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2019

I took my son to the Bright Now dental clinic on North Dale Mabry for his 6-month cleaning and dental check-up. He had not been there in 14 months. When we got there we were told the dentist did not come into work but that he can still get his cleaning. After waiting an hour he came out, told me his gums hurt. Harry when I asked why the office manager said that they had to do a scaling of the gums. She asked him if they numbed it and he said no. I asked why he did not have the cleaning that he was there for and she said that's he needed the scan Lee done first. I was in shock they did something without asking my permission. Perry she took a payment of $55 and I left. When I talk to my son that night he said they gave him the authorization to treat form to sign. He's only 15 years old.

I went by the next business day and ask them if it's their practice to have a minor child sign an authorization form for a procedure when the child's mother is sitting in the lobby waiting and she said no that it was a mistake and that she took care of it by talking to the person involved. I don't believe it's taken care of. No telling how many children they do this to. Do not take your children here. You never know what they're doing to them behind closed doors.

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2019

My daughter was getting a braces done at Bright Now! Dental in Beaverton Oregon office and the cost upfront without insurance was $2,910 which I paid in full. She was schedule to have the braces off in 13 months and Dr. Matthew ** screw up overtiting with the rubber bands and her tooth was shifting left. He apologies and offers to correct it but my daughter need to continue to wearing it for the next 6 months. Finally, she has it off and wasn't happy with it because of the front teeth gaps which he try to correct multiple times and fails. My daughter finally gave up on it. His office then sending me a statement of $500 but not sure what's for when I called the billing office. I then called and ask to speak with him but he decline. I then looked up under charge and claims with my healthcare insurance and saw that they have been billing Aetna since days one for unknown services... Stay away from this scams artist!

Reviewed July 18, 2019

If you need any type of bonding re-done...DO NOT GO TO ANY OF THE BRIGHT NOW OFFICES. I was made to go to 3 different locations just to find a Dentist that would re-do my bonding which take maybe 20 minutes to do. NONE of these Dentist would do it. I have it done every 10 years or so. All they said was that they would do crowns or veneers. $600.00 a tooth up to $1200.00 for veneers. Just for 4 front teeth???? RUDE and money hungry, is what these dentist are. So unless you have $1000.00's of dollars you cannot get a simple procedure like re-doing BONDING by any of these dentist.

Reviewed July 10, 2019

My husband came in for a checkup. He was having NO issues at all. He was told he needed a deep clean and 5 fillings replaced. So he went ahead and paid $873 with insurance. Now he is in severe pain and has been since he went. So now apparently he needs a root canal on one of the fillings that the dentist replaced which again never caused ANY issues. So now we are told that he will have to pay another $900 for a root canal when all he wanted was a checkup. This place is a HUGE RIPOFF! If you have money to waste knock yourself out. We are waiting for a liver transplant and don't have any money for this. Now we either pay nearly another thousand dollars to fix something that wasn't even a problem. Awesome, thanks!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed June 22, 2019

We made an appointment for an exam and cleaning. My husband took time off being told he could get both same day. We get to the appointment and are told he can only get the exam today! The whole reason for the appointment was for the cleaning. Terrible customer service. Front desk lady said “The appointment line always tells people that but it’s not true”. Are you kidding me??? What a joke.

Reviewed April 26, 2019

Unsatisfactory Bridge Work. I have dealing with the Satellite Beach office for 2 years now trying to get a bridge completed that actually fits. I have learned now that my mouth was not adequate for a Bridge, but was advised and completed by a dentist no longer there. Now, I am being told by the office manager that the notes say that I agreed to do this treatment. I would have NEVER spent $6000 of my money for such a device that would not work. I am now being told to "make this right", I need to pay additional expenses out of my pocket. Wondering how GEHA who paid so much towards this would handle the situation.

Reviewed April 26, 2019

I called Bright Now dental April 4 and made an appointment for 12 PM on April 26th at the Denver Colorado downtown office at 1955 Arapahoe St. I even got a text yesterday confirming the appointment. Today I called the office to find out how to access free parking. To my surprise when I called I was told I do not have an appointment today. When I told them the above information; I was told they don't know really what happened. Had you trust a company that can't even make an appointment with a dental operation? This is horrible customer service.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 25, 2019

Terrible, terrible service!!! My daughter had appointment for a cleaning, that was made 6 months in advance. We received 3 notifications to confirm her appointment at the time it was suppose to be. We arrived at the office on time. The office wasn’t even opened. Unbelievable! Really? Sometime in the last 6 months the office hours changed. So why no phone call? Why no notice at all?

Even with the automated service? No brainer to let patients know of this ahead of time. I’m pretty positive my daughter was not the only one this happened to. I will no longer bringing my business with my family to Bright Now! Dental Let’s not forget all the other times. Always an issue for an appointment. BTW, called the district manager. She was unaware of this problem and the automated service! Yeah right. But she was able to tell me the location that my family goes to. The office hours did change a couple months ago. Lots of cleaning appointments made in advance! Duh! So no phone call, no letter in the mail, no email to notify patients of office hours changing?

Reviewed April 19, 2019

They put an intradental camera wand in my mouth that was laid on the counter behind the keyboard in a dust pile and only wiped it with dry gauze in April 2019. They delivered a crown and filed it down to the metal and want another try to get it right instead of a refund. Pulled an infected tooth that should have been done by a surgeon, took over an hour, felt it all then had additional surgery somewhere else to get root tips that were left in 2017.

I've had girls put their hands in their pocket to text and then put them back into my mouth. One girl tried to give me three panaram x-rays in a row because she couldn't get it right. I stopped her after two. A hygenist bumped the Dr while he was filing in my mouth and cut me. Back in 2017. The office manager tried to get a picture of my tooth that I wanted a refund on because it was ruined and the girl she passed me off to tried to take an x-ray (seriously) incompetence.

The bathroom has dried cement all over the sink and urine smells. Everybody I know that goes there gets a scaling cleaning. It hurts! But they get paid better for it than a normal cleaning. I hear the front staff badmouthing the backstaff and other offices,complaining about patients. Employers should stop buying their contracts. I'd rather let a student practice on me at a dental school than go here. Beware. Satellite Beach, Florida.

Reviewed April 17, 2019

I didn’t get any call as I was promised, our experience with Bright Now Dental was not as we had since we move there, her doctor for the braces left and we never been told he is not there anymore! My daughter had a New Doctor for few times and he suddenly decided to remove her braces saying she didn’t brush her teeth!! BRACES WAS PAID WITH THE CREDIT, after dispute the credit (was paid for service didn’t get rendered and completed!!) this affected my credit and my daughter braces was left and didn’t get removed because manager insist to pay more??? Then it can be removed.

Money was paid in Full, then again braces was not removed during the appointments as doctor gave me a form to sign that I requested to remove the braces, not him who decided to remove it, this is a Fraud! We left because no one accepted to remove the braces. I called many times since the day we found out that her doctor left and asked for different orthodontist but no one referred us as all what you wanted to KEEP THE PATIENT AND GET THE MONEY AND NEVER TREATED THE PATIENT WITH RESPECT AND EMPATHY. My daughter teeth got destroyed because of the delay in her care and forcing us to stay with a physician that we never choose.

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 5, 2019

I have been going to this office for 8 years. Have spent thousands of dollars at this office located at 27066 Us 19 Clearwater FL. I never had a problem until April 3/2019. I made an appt. to have my bridge temporarily re-glued (they put this bridge in less than 3 years ago cost over $3000.00), was told to come in at 8:00 A.M. and it would only take a few minutes. I showed up. Was taken about 30 minutes later. The person who was doing this did not have a clue what I was there for. She wanted to take X-rays and when I tried to tell her, some other nasty lady yells from the next cubicle. She is new, were teaching her and when I tried to tell her she bit my head off.

The dentist who I have never seen before was nice and instructed her what to do. She was trying to clean my bridge with a brush that the dentist said not use. It will damage them. I was supposed to get just get temporary glue due to the fact I had another appt. for April 22/19 for a new bridge but she used the permanent glue and I heard the dentist tell her to use it, so I guess he did know what I was there for considering they would have to pull them out in 20 days. After they put them in she was trying to clean the excess glue off and was digging into my gums with a sharp pick. When I told her she was hurting me SHE SAID, "I AM NOT HURTING YOU."

I ask her to leave and they sent another nasty lady to finish cleaning. The new person was not nice either and flicked some glue into my eye. (Do not know if was intentional). We had to stop and clean out my eye. She then gave me some protective glasses - A LITTLE TOO LATE!!! My eye has be inflamed since and if it does not clear up soon will have to go the eye doctor. If my eye is damaged I will be going to see a lawyer next. This is all true so stay away, please feel free to contact me at **. This is all true.

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed March 28, 2019

This office engages in unfair billing practices. They do work not covered by insurance companies without getting approval from the patient and then bills you for those services. I have refused to pay for those charges and now it has gone to a collection agency. I have provided correspondence twice with no response. I am now submitting complaint with Department of Consumer Affairs.

Reviewed March 21, 2019

For 6+ months now I was told by the staff at Bright Now that they would take care of everything for my 17-year-old daughter who needs her wisdom teeth extracted. I called and called and Heather kept saying, "We're working on it." It is now 8 months and nothing, nada. I even called the district manager who was away on vacation over Christmas and he never returned my call. This place is nonsense, stay away!

Reviewed March 13, 2019

I have been receiving orthodontic treatment for the last couple months. One of my brackets broke. I waited two weeks to have it fixed. I have my appointment day. I waited 2 1/2 hours for my turn. I usually have an assistant working on my mouth. I’ve had the same assistant three times and it’s very painful. Yesterday she said her patients are crybabies when I said I was in pain. I asked her, "Don’t you understand you’re pulling on the tissue and poking at the nerves in my mouth." That I simply asked her If she had ever had braces in her mouth and she said no. I don’t understand why some people work in the medical or dental industry. They have no compassion on the patients they work on. I don’t need to toughen up. People are vulnerable in a dentist chair. They are also paying a lot of money to receive quality care. It was a very painful experience.

Reviewed March 12, 2019

I make an appointment for molar pain on Saturday and get it for Tuesday, after the x rays I got an estimated for $ 9,907. They never asked me about the reason I was there and the molar who are bother me. It wasn't in the estimate plus I was told to make another appointment to a different clinic for the extraction, so I was wrong when I was thinking that my pain will disappear that day. I paid for service that I wasn't looking for I wonder if is that legal?

Reviewed March 12, 2019

I was disappointed with the crowns I had. The fit wasn't perfect and there was some discomfort when biting down. This was in June 2016. Later in 2017, I received an invoice because my insurance wouldn't pay the bill. My insurance had Bright Now as a preferred provider... The insurance was stating that the procedure was unnecessary. After going back and forth with corporate and the insurance company, it turned out that the dentist didn't provide a medical reason for the procedure. So, I had to coordinate communication between Bright Now and my insurance company to get the dentist to do his job.

So now, flash forward one more year to Dec 2018. I get a letter from Bright Now's corporate office saying I still owe $84 and if I call before Dec 15th they would reduce my bill to $64. So, I call. I mention the challenges I've had previously over this issue. The woman at corporate I'm speaking with asks to put me on hold. I agree. I hear a click but I'm not on hold. What I hear next is her telling a colleague "...$84 and I have to put up with all this **." I'm shocked, but surprisingly not too shocked. So, I hang in there... Quietly. When she had finished her rant, I asked, "Are you done?"

Silence. Nothing from the other end of the phone. It was maybe 10 seconds before I heard a click and then the call was lost. About 10 minutes later, she called back. Her tone was quite different. She asked if I could hold for a moment and when she got back on the line, she said her manager told her that they would zero out my balance. I asked if I owed the $64 she said, “No, you owe nothing Mr **, your balance is zero.” Now today on March 5th I receive a “Final Right to Cure Notice” from the corporate office. Other than the hygienist, this place is a train wreck.

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2019

Nothing more frustrating on your first visit as sitting in waiting area 45 minutes past your appointment time. The worst part is they have no control of the schedule. They have a call center in a different state take appointment. How the hell is that effective? They have no idea what is happening at any particular locations ie vacations, emergencies, sick employees off work. This is no way to do business. It makes the nice professional providers look bad. They really need to rethink how to do effective and efficient business. People and their time matter.

Customer ServiceCoveragePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2019

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!! To start off on a positive note - Dr. ** is very friendly & knows what he is doing, outside of that, there is ZERO upside to this company. I originally started Invisalign in February 2016. I had great dental insurance that would pay up to half of my Invisalign to a total amount of $2500. I was supposed to be done with Invisalign in February of 2018 but ended up having to do a couple of extra rounds (which was fine). My total bill was supposed to be paid in full December of 2017.

Fastforward to November 2018 when I moved out of state and no longer had the same insurance company but I had to transfer my Invisalign to a new company due to the move. This was a major pain because getting their new office manager (Danielle) to answer the phone and call me back was a struggle in itself. During this time I found out that I still had a balance of $405 that was not paid by my insurance company in December 2017 because the billing office decided to not send the final bill into my insurance. They only told me of this outstanding balance 11 months later when I no longer had the same insurance.

Now, I not only have to pay this insurance portion of the bill (that should have been covered but was not due to a billing mistake) but I now have to pay to switch my Invisalign to a different company, and pay for the retainer from the new company (which was supposed to be covered under the Bright Now! Dental price). AND Bright Now! is refusing to give me any refund for not finishing up my Invisalign because "my teeth required more Invisalign trays than originally expected." Unbelievable. If you want to spend unnecessary money, never have your calls returned, or a longer than usual time in orthodontics then that is the only way I would recommend this joke of a company.

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2018

My husband and I have been patients of Bright Now for approx 20 years. I honestly wish I never went there. I think I'd still have my teeth. I had very sensitive teeth and it hurt so badly to have them cleaned and this office was the only one that wouldn't use the new cold water ultrasonic faster way. They did it old school and would numb up really bad areas. I have great insurance so it pays for most basic things 100%. My dentist wanted all the silver fillings out of my mouth. There was no pain in those teeth. To remove those fillings it meant root canals. 14 in all. I didn't hesitate. He told me they were toxic and needed to be removed. I had to get financing.

My insurance only covered half and there's the yearly maximum benefit allowance as well. I was $10,000 in debt. Most of the teeth had to be done more than once to get the residual root that was left and by doing this it set off a world of hurt for me. I developed Trigeminal Neuralgia which is known as the suicide disease and I developed Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy after an accident on my foot. I had no idea that it could spread if trauma or injury to another body part should occur. So, I developed that as well.

My teeth were more painful after the root canals even before those other issues happened. Each crown had a rotted tooth within 6 months. You could see black at the gum line. My other teeth were starting to disintegrate. I had a couple pulled by my dentist and we discussed just having his partner oral surgeon put me in twilight and pull all of them and just put dentures in. Being in twilight was so important because I wouldn't feel as much pain therefore not triggering TN or RSD. Well I went in for 2 teeth and they got me ok for all. I had to only pay for sedation. My insurance covered everything else 100%.

I paid for sedation up front (or they wouldn't do it). I wasn't in twilight at all. He treated me like a drug addict because I'm seeing Pain Management for Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and Trigeminal Neuralgia. I specifically told him beforehand not to write RX for pain because if I need it I would call my PM doctor to make adjustments. How is that an addict? Well I wasn't put in twilight. He butchered me. I've had huge bone splinters come out. I had to go to my dentist 2 days afterwards to get those out and he was a bit upset. Small pieces are very normal and can last for 4-6 weeks.

The thing that has me on here is on Christmas Eve I got a phone call from the debt collection Dept of Bright Now. It was only 3 weeks since they were pulled and I paid for what I was supposed to pay. Because they tend to overcharge us and make up "deductibles" that we don't have, I don't pay more than what I sign for in the office until my explanation of benefits come. And Collections!!!! After the thousands of dollars I've paid them and no unpaid bills ever!!!! Collections!!!! I'm blown away. They are hassling me daily. Every time the amount gets bigger. All I can say is buyer beware. They are about the almighty dollar.

Even before getting my teeth pulled my dentist kept trying to get me to pull just a couple more and get a bridge. You cannot use rotted teeth to hold the bridge on. All I know is I will not get my dentures there and I will try to pull these bone fragments out myself. If you have the ability to go elsewhere please do. I don't know any doctor or dentist that won't help you unless you pay them first. Now the root canal and sedation I get. But if your crown falls off and you don't have the money at that moment to glue it back on, they should do it and bill you. But no. All expenses have to be signed for and paid for before they will do anything. Ugh.

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2018

I had a bridge service with Bright dental Sand lake in Orlando FL. Bridge broke and they want to charge me again. No quality or warranty for any service they do. Service is terrible, low quality and they not willing to help. Please don’t use their services. It’s a waste of money and you will have to pay again because is not gonna last long.

CoveragePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2018

Needed dental surgery and Bright Now! Dental in Lake Stevens Washington, had the only surgeon that would accept my insurance. Office is ran like a fast food joint. They said they pre-authorized treatment through my insurance. I had to pay over $300 up and beyond what my insurance would pay, so that's what I paid.

3 months after surgery I get another bill for over $300. They said insurance didn't pay as much as they thought. I set up a payment plan with the office and have been paying monthly on time. Today I get a letter from a collection office, for the remaining balance!!! They sent me to collection over a $112 remaining balance! Even though arrangements had been made, and I've been paying on time.

Sales & MarketingPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Nov. 21, 2018

We liked the fact that we did not have to pay for the initial X-rays and there is an inexpensive service you can sign up for that helps you save 20-40 percent. Well all went well until they checked my gums and then some of my numbers were not good. I asked how could I develop gum disease with what they now said was bone loss so quickly...as my exams were always good. No explanation. No education at all... Just a proposed treatment plan with a HUGE BILL put in front of me. The same for my husband... And then the dentist that I had seen in private practice years earlier for an extended period of time asked me if I ever considered having my teeth straightened. Funny thing is he had never said that in the 10 or so years I had gone to him. RED FLAG!!

So we did a little research... And spoke to my step-daughter who is a dental hygienist. She stated she had worked for a similar company. But left as she found the demand for sales unethical. SO...the marketing tool is to bring you into the office under the premise of inexpensive services and that you are getting a good deal. Free X-rays. But then they WAM you with what they want to do. And just the approach with NO EDUCATION. Made me realize the DAMN BUCK is the bottom line. SO we left and never came back. Dodged a bullet. As a retired RN CASE MANAGER in my opinion you need to trust your dental care professionals... And I did not.

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2018

After getting my teeth cleaned they pushed an expensive aftermarket service that they said "wow you got great insurance" and instead of paying $186.00 you only pay $7.00 dollars LATER to find out I HAD TO PAY THE WHOLE BILL!! I asked several times, "ARE YOU SURE?" They said, "Yes!" NOT GOOD!! Plus they never have change to give you back, it's always a credit for next time. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!! Looking for another place!!

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2018

I'm in tears. I have never felt so humiliated in my life??? As I'm typing this I just want to crawl under my blankets and cry. I went to do my yearly teeth cleaning. It started when the technician looked at me and chuckled at the fact that I don't like x-rays because they hurt when they put that stuff in your mouth. Then when she was about to start I reminded her that I need the gas to help me relax. Never mind that it was on the notes for when I made the appointment and the fact I reminded the front desk again once I arrived. She looked at me and said: "for a tooth cleaning? You really need it?". Very condescending. I couldn't believe it. I was full of anxiety and fear of having sharp objects in my mouth. She made me feel so bad.

Then when she put the gas on I kept telling her I couldn't feel the gas. She kept taking deep breaths, like she was annoyed at me. She kept readjusting the hose around my nose and kept saying she needed to keep going because she was on a schedule. I didn't feel the gas until the last minute of the cleaning. The worst part was when the doctor came in, looked at my x-rays and said: "You know, you are going to lose all your teeth. Do you EVEN CARE?" I was humiliated??? Embarrassed. Disappointed. I was crying so bad when they sent me to the front desk. I told the lady what happened and she still charged me $60 for the gas. I told her I wanted to complain. She told me the office manager would call me on Monday. She wanted to make a follow up appointment. I told her: "I AM NEVER COMING BACK HERE!".

Reviewed Aug. 3, 2018

The Watt Avenue office in Sacramento does not to care about their customers when it comes to scheduling. I've had an appointment canceled because they've set it up when the hygienists went to lunch, I did not find this out until I went to the office for my appointment. Today after waiting 30 minutes in their waiting room I was told that they had scheduled two patients for the same time. They seemed surprised that I was upset after telling me that it was only a few minutes.

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2018

Clearwater Dentist - GULF TO BAY LOCATION: As a patient of Dr. ** I was told I needed a Root Canal because the Crown he put in was causing sensitivity - anything cold or hot was painful and food would get stuck in it because it did not fit correctly. I went to another Dentist for a 2nd opinion who said the root was healthy and I only needed the Crown to be re-done by the dentist who put it in. Upon telling Dr. ** that he should repair the crown because I didn't need a root canal he rudely walked out and would not speak to me!!! I work in the medical community and I've never seen any Dr react so UNPROFESSIONALLY!!! I have been suffering for months because he refused to correct his mistake and now I no longer have the insurance. Maybe it's time for an attorney!

Reviewed July 6, 2018

Bright Now! Dental in Centerville Ohio - The front desk receptionist are rude. I really dislike going to this orthodontist. They are so loud when discussing your payment business. They also play on the phones when you miss a payment like they’re the payment people. One time I missed a payment. I asked to speak with the loan people. They actually were laughing and acting like they were them. When I asked to speak to the supervisor they also acted like they were that person. I would advise anyone who wants their service to just go to the Bright Now in Miamisburg. They’re so better and bubbly.

Reviewed June 29, 2018

I was impressed with my first initial visits and was told they couldn’t fill the teeth I needed fixed but insisted I must get crowns on all of them. I trusted them and they said it would be better than the teeth I had then. I didn’t have insurance and took out a loan for $4,000.00 for the cost of the dental work and had it done. After the work was completed they said I needed another crown but they had missed it - I told them I’m not taking out another loan and told them that the price I paid was supposed to cover ALL the dental work that needed to be done. They said, sorry, and offered to give me a crown for half price. Now that my new crowns are in and the first week has passed they have started to fall out! I’m in and out of the Office every three-four weeks to glue them back in. I’m so upset and still, I never leave a negative comment.

They finally tell me the work that was done needed to be redone and the posts for the crowns built up in order for them to stay on. They expected ME to pay to repair the work they had done poorly. I decided to buy dental glue online and glue them back in myself when they fall out. It has caused me to be fearful when I eat, so I drink protein shakes for two meals a day to keep them from falling out - I’ve lost 96 pounds since this nightmare began and I’m still losing. I went back into their office yesterday to replace a chip/filling that had fallen out the night before. It was a small filling that they had replaced on that tooth 4 years ago because it had yellowed slightly.

I was told yesterday that I would have to have a crown on that tooth. I told him of my past experiences and said I only wanted the little chip/filling replaced again. He refused to treat me unless I agreed to get a crown! NO way! I went to a Dentist down the street in Longwood and he took care of it and it looks perfect... He didn’t even suggest a crown!!! This is My first negative review and I hope to save others from unnecessary “crowns” as l have overheard them being offered to others on my numerous trips to their office. I am furious!

FOLLOW-UP: Spoke to the office manager, Melissa, after she became aware of my negative review. She already knew of the past problems I've had and said she would look into the issue that day with the dentist to see why he refused to treat me, when the other dentist was able to replace the filling without ever suggesting a crown. Did not hear back from her until I received a bill from them for $29.00 for the x-ray they did on the day they REFUSED to treat me!!! I left her a message saying I had not wanted an x-ray done as it was a small chip/filling that fell out of the front tooth and could be easily seen. As I let the office that day I told them I am not paying for the x-ray as I did not get treated. Now I receive the bill. She did NOT resolve the Billing Issue as I requested. Furious doesn't even begin to describe how I feel!

Reviewed June 4, 2018

I recently made a dental appointment for my adult son, and was told by two different people, that he would receive x-rays, as well as a cleaning. After his x-rays, he was told he needed a more in-depth cleaning, and since our insurance doesn't carry gingivitis cleaning, did he want to pay an additional $200 plus. They would not even give him a basic cleaning, and told me that "polishing" his teeth would not have done any good. A general cleaning would have removed plaque. They promised something they were unwilling to do, but only at additional patient cost. I spoke with their manager, Danny, regarding this issue, and advised her. She just lost two patients.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupCoveragePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 10, 2018

From moment walked in receptionist was rude. I was told to arrive 15 minutes prior to appointment which I did then was not taken back until 30 minutes after my appointment time. The X-ray person hurt me. Then the dentist, Dr. **, spent maybe 4-5 minutes maximum telling me I need 2 crowns and when I asked why one of the teeth that didn’t seem to have very much of a chip out of filling couldn’t be repaired with new filling, she said, "We don’t do that, we take filling out and crown only." She got up and walked out and another person came in and proceeded to tell me cost of all dental work and that doctor said I also need “deep cleaning“ which I then said I would just have the regular cleaning that my insurance would cover, I was then told they would do nothing if I refused deep cleaning because that’s the doctor recommendation and I have to do that.

I told her I had the right to just have the regular cleaning that my insurance would cover and she said no they would not do it. The entire staff including the doctor was not only not professional but uncaring, rude and treated me like I was not human. They acted arrogant and haughty. I was appalled at the treatment I received and believe it is possibly illegal to refuse treatment that my insurance says should be done. This organization is just trying to get people to spend money that might not be necessary. They should be investigated. I am contacting my insurance company to relate what happened.

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2018

I went there 2 times and both times were horrible. First time they did a very bad service for my daughter who is 12. Did not offer free cleaning. After I requested they did give it but the lady who did the cleaning did it very harshly and did not even didn't even do it properly. I went to the Santa Ana location yesterday and they after waiting for one hour they called me inside and took 100 xrays and the lady digged all my teeth and said that I need deep cleaning and said won't do the free cleaning. Gave me the bill for 8000 dollars. Really? I have been going to dentist and very good dentist for years and never had this before? Why don't you open a business instead to rob people?

Reviewed Jan. 29, 2018

This all started in November 2017. My partial arm broke. It's now January 2018. This ruined my holidays. I will never go back to them again. Unprofessional! I was in the Lorain office for 1 1/2 hr before they said I need to go to the Elyria office. My doctor is working out of that office now. Why did I have to go to the Lorain office to find this out?

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2018

I have dental insurance to cover for dental work. I went to the dentist and then had the needed procedure. I paid for the deductible and the office manager stated that they will bill the rest to the insurance. Then a few weeks later they called me that they could not wait for the insurance to pay because it was taking long. So I paid for it out of my own pocket with the understanding that they will refund the money once they receive payment from my insurance. Well, they already received payment over two month ago and I still have received no refund. Ever since I keep calling almost every week and they tell me the same thing that it is in review status. They have been giving me the runaround. Now I am wondering whether I will ever receive the refund. I do not know who else should I contact. I contacted headquarter office and the office where I had the procedure done. I will never go back to this dental organization and I do not recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2018

Bright Now Dental is the worst I've ever seen in terms of stealing from patients. They will not provide the complimentary cleaning offered by insurance. They try to force you into periodontal cleanings. I believe it's because they don't make enough money on complimentary cleanings. They also told me I needed a root canal in order to save a tooth ($1200 out of pocket) but a second and third opinion revealed that the tooth was fractured and couldn't be saved. These are just a couple of the many, many issues with this company. Never, ever to go this Dental office if you care about your money or your well-being.

Reviewed Dec. 5, 2017

Hello, I am a patient from Bright Now Dental in La Quinta. I would if possible like to remain anonymous. I have had a baffling experience so far with the staff at my dental office. First of all, when I walked in no one acknowledged me as I stood for my first time visit. A woman who I didn’t understand and who could barely speak English finally looked up and told me to sign in. The other heavyset woman never looked up and continued to talk to who looked to be like the manager. An older woman with business attire. While I signed in I overheard the conversation they were publicly having about a male worker, the manager who I later found out was Maggie, was using profanity and badmouthing him. I couldn’t believe that someone in charge of a dental office would talk about her staff in such a demeaning way. I then headed to my seat where I waited over an hour to be seen by a back of the house staff that was clearly not excited to see me.

I continued to hear gossip and people that worked at this office. By the end of my visit I knew something about everyone. Especially from the manager who did nothing helpful but openly talk about her staff. The doctor whose name I don’t remember was uninterested and told me I had very deep pockets and told me I needed a deep cleaning. I don’t know a lot about dental but I do know that #3 pockets aren’t very deep so I wanted a better explanation about why I needed the cleaning. He said the hygienist would explain, but before I got to her the heavyset woman from the front desk came in and told me I had to pay an insane amount of money for a cleaning. This office is a complete disaster. It’s obvious management does not do a good job in keeping a calm and professional workplace setting. I will never be back and I would never recommend this office to anyone.

Reviewed Nov. 22, 2017

Very bad experience with the actual visit to the Spring Hill FL office and they won’t provide accurate information to talk to their insurance billing department. They transfer you from one person to another and all refuse to answer or listen to my questions. Their insurance billing people don’t even know what an EOB (explanation of benefits) letter is. They charged me for a visit my insurance pays for and won’t reimburse me the money they owe me. Run like hell from this place.

Installation & SetupPricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Nov. 16, 2017

My appointment never was on time, I have to wait an hour or so, very noisy place like on market, no privacy. Dr. never read my info in my file... That I am pregnant...They did not ask about my problem, just want to make an X Ray(???) so they can charge me, do I need or not that x ray, nobody cares... I found this service very unprofessional, I think they need to be trained by professionals, so the job can be done more efficiently. It is really sad. I saw there is a lot of people writing pretty same complaints. I think the company should take seriously all this complaints and unsatisfactions.

CoverageSales & Marketing

Reviewed Nov. 8, 2017

Came in for a cleaning - said didn't take my insurance but they sell their own and covers the xrays and exam. I told them I just wanted a cleaning - not possible without buying the additional insurance so ok whatever. After xrays and exam they said the insurance doesn't cover the cleaning and to fix a broken filling would be another 300 on top. Said it was only 200 last time so they looked it up and it was 200 and they "Bright Now" did the filling that broke so I said "shouldn't you fix it for free?" Since it was not at that location they would not but if I went back to the one that did they would.

So after two hours of not getting a cleaning I was off to the other location. After squeezing me in they said they would not fix it and that it now needed a cap for 1350 but they do accept my insurance. Why was the last place willing to fix it and why did I have to buy additional insurance at the last place? What kind of scam is this... Still didn't even get the cleaning I can in for so after the 4th hour I left. Insane!!!

Reviewed Oct. 21, 2017

This is a **--- Do Not Use if you know what is good for you!!! This place should be closed down for fraud and incompetence... I am contacting State's authorities and will pursue this Dump of a place legally!!!

Reviewed Oct. 6, 2017

I went to this place because it is close to where I live and my insurance is taken there. The first time they check my teeth they told me I need a deep clean so I said go ahead. So six months pass by I went for my free preventive cleaning they won't do it because their Doctor said I need a different cleaning. They refused to do any preventive cleaning because they say what the Doctor recommend. I said just want my free cleaning and they refused because they charge extra for the other kind of cleaning.

Reviewed Sept. 5, 2017

I had an appointment with my daughter. For some reason the receptionist didn't give my daughter file to the doctor and we end up waiting for an hour with 20 minutes and I have to reschedule the appointment again. What a waste of time.

Customer ServiceCoveragePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 20, 2017

My family has been going to Bright Now Dental in Fort Collins CO for several years due to they were the only one around in the area that took both of our dental insurance. I have had several run ins with the billing department who have no idea what they are doing. Every time we had any work done we would pay our portion of the bill at time of service. We would then get phone calls because they were unable to figure out which insurance was billed first. We always told them when we went in. Then it would be a year later and we would get a bill from them stating that we owed additional. They would not bill the insurance correctly or submit the requested information that was needed to the insurance to pay.

I know that we for a fact have over paid them due to them not having billed our insurance correctly. The most recent occurrence with their billing department was this week. My daughter had a bridge placed last August which they had gotten prior authorized through our Humana and Aetna insurance. We have to pay 2900 up front at time of service which we did. We get a call this week that we owe another 4000 as the insurance has not paid. We have NEVER received a bill from the for this date of service. I asked them which insurance wasn't paying. They stated that neither was paying. So I spend a hour on the phone between our Humana and Aetna insurances. I was not happy when I called back Bright Now dental.

My Humana which is primary was unable to pay due to they had requested my daughter's chart notes 7 months ago and they still had not received them from Bright Now. Aetna stated that they had never received a claim from them for this date of service. Anthony at the corporate office never returned my call so I call the office in Fort Collins.

The lady there kept trying to make me make a payment. I explained that I would not make a payment as they have not billed the insurance correctly and had not submitted the records that the insurance was needing. She tried to tell me that they didn't have these records on file. I explained that the services were done in their office in Fort Collins and in the Longmont office. She tried to tell me that I didn't know how the billing process worked. She really got rude with me when I explained that I do know how insurance billing works as I work for a medical practice and have dealt with insurance companies for 19 years. She again demanded payment which I explained that I would not pay until I had received EOB's from both of my insurance companies.

I also explained that I had paid the agreed amount at time of service that they stated was due and that the remaining was due from the insurance and I would not make a payment as they had not billed the insurance correctly like they were suppose to. I would not use these people as they have staff in the front/billing department that do not know what they are doing and will cost you more out of pocket than the agreed amount due to they don't know what they are doing.

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed July 12, 2017

I had gum surgery last July. I paid my portion of the bill and was told what the insurance would pick up. I started receiving harassing calls about paying the insurance portion. I advise that it was taken care of and they stated that the insurance did not pay. Finally after several dunning calls I spoke to a supervisor who stated that they should have paid and she would resubmit the information. In the meantime I was to pay and then they would credit it back. The insurance sent them a check and to date I have not been credited the amount back to my card. They will not call back. At this point I fear that this could be fraud in the fact that they have gotten paid twice for the same work.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Run. Don't go there. I went there for a broken front tooth. Had x-rays done. Was very happy and then I was told I could get finance to help pay and it would come out each month so I said ok. It started out bad. I would have a appointment. They would say I didn't. I missed my granddaughter party at school because I had appointment they said I didn't. I was supposed to get my top teeth done before the end of 2016 but they never finish the work on my other teeth so how can they fix one without doing the other one first. The new manager said "I will find out what happen then I will call you." Never got a call. Had to go over there then she tells me that I still owed them some money. How can they keep on taking our money when work hard for and they are getting away with it.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed July 2, 2017

Bright Now's negligence is costing me! Last year the Elyria office took full mouth x-rays then proceeded to ignore them. For starters, they made me a partial, it cost me $1,200.00. The partial is made of Valplast and cannot be added onto or changed. They made it to wrap around a crown that had a root canal years before. I thought I was ok! I told them I wanted some cosmetic work done since I had broken a couple front teeth. They made up a plan that I believe was around $13,000.00 dollars (after they encouraged more work). When I asked questions, the dentist got angry and said "Well, make up your mind! Do you want the work or not"? I was blown away! I asked her assistant why she was so rude. She said, "Because you come in here and don't have anything done." I couldn't believe my ears! I had NEVER ever done any such thing. I was DONE with Bright Now!

I went to two dentists in the area and gave them the x-rays. Both told me the same thing. The partial should never been made to wrap around that eyetooth, because decay had gotten under that crown and the tooth needed to be pulled! They also said that I had decay under a crown that was so bad that it would need either a root canal or need to be pulled. I had been going to Bright Now for many years. I'm out $1,200.00 for the useless partial, and I will either lose a tooth or have to pay for a root canal and crown because of shoddy dentistry, not to mention extremely rude treatment. The dentist that did the partial left. I can't even confront her. The fact that their dentists can leave when they want makes things all the worse! I'm sorry I ever went there and give them a 0 rating!!

Reviewed June 3, 2017

I went to Bright Now Dental in Lakewood as a new Medicare patient. I needed a root canal in a front tooth, which I had done there last November. I began experiencing pain in the root canal almost immediately. A few weeks later I went back to have the tooth checked out, and even with another set of x-rays, the dentist was unable to find a problem. He referred me to an endodontist that no longer took Medicare patients. I called Bright Now to see if they had any other possible referrals, but they said they didn't know any and I would need to find one myself. After a number of phone calls to United Healthcare through AARP, I finally tracked down an endodontist that was taking new Medicare patients.

At the new office, I was told that I would have to see the regular dentist first, and then he would determine if and why I would need to see the endodontist. Fortunately, this new dental office had a complete office, with a dentist, endodontist, and periodontist. After my first visit to the dentist, it was determined that I had a cavity in my other front tooth, which had a root canal performed over 30 years ago. The dentist was able to determine this with sophisticated x-ray equipment, without any real problems beyond that. But, the root canal in the other front tooth that was done at Bright Now also had to be replaced because the root canal was not completed as high up the required in the nerve root. The dentist had to remove both the old and new front teeth caps, then I was sent to the endodontist who had to remove the old and new root canals and perform new ones on both.

Then I had to go back to the dentist to have the work necessary to put in temporary caps. I paid $900.00 to Bright Now Dental for a root canal that had to replaced in less than three months, then an additional $3400 to have new root canals on both front teeth. I attempted to renegotiate with Bright Now Dental to reduce the amount I still owed them for the original new root canal, being willing to only ask for the remaining amount not to be required. I never even heard back from them, even though I sent a very detailed letter explaining why I felt I should not owe them any more than I had already paid. It still upsets me that I paid for a root canal that was completed inadequately, and that the dentist would not even acknowledge this. I would never refer anyone to this company for any reason. The dentist and staff were friendly, that was not the problems. But friendliness does not compensate for inadequate work.

Reviewed May 27, 2017

In addition to the service, they send us invoices to pay couple weeks after the visit. They claim it's because they didn't correctly compute the actual amount on the day of the service. Ranges from $10 to $100. Now getting mail notices that our insurance declined the last claim. The last visit was $110 for a cleaning only... no extras were added. Also every time I go there the entire staff has changed, front desk, dentist and hygienists. There was a time we were getting invoices in the mail that had a $0 amt due. I asked, they quickly indicated that I need to contact corporate accounting. They were unable to give me that contact information. Never contacted them and We stopped receiving them after that. I think an attorney (and patients) could make a pile of $ in a class action suit if this was pursued.

Customer ServiceCoveragePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 24, 2017

My dental insurance changed, so I had to find a new dental office that was in my network, Bright Now! was one of them which is close by. My first visit was for general check up and schedule cleaning which was not a good experience. First they had me under the wrong last name, did not even apologize. When I told them it was incorrect the girl just give me this attitude, they are unprofessional. I had to go back for the cleaning which was my second visit, which was not so bad, I had silver filling which was fine. Had no problems, the doctor ask if I wanted to replace them with white ones which she said was covered by my insurance, I agreed.

I went back to get the filling. Of course I had to pay about 300.00 dollars out of pocket, the next few weeks I was in so much pain I could not eat. Every time I called the office, they say it's normal it will go away, I could not take the pain anymore, I went back to see the dentist. Whatever she did make it worse, and she recommend I do a root canal.

The pain got worse. I started to get a fever, so I went back and see another doctor in the office which was a bit more sympathetic and told me it is infected and my filling was uneven, she file it down so my bite could be even, and give me prescription for antibiotics and painkillers. I took it for two weeks and it still hurts and give me a fever. I ended up doing the root canal where they charged me additional 217.00 dollars plus they wanted 1200.00 dollars to put a crown over the took with the root canal at another time. I would not go there or recommend anyone to go there. Those people is all about keep taking your money and don't know what they are doing. Went back on the second visit for the cleaning.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

Good dentists - lousy corporation - I have been going to Bright Now for well over 20+ years and since Smile Brands Inc. took them over have had it with harassing collection calls so much so that I am done with them. This past Jan. I ordered 6 implants after two years of prep work. The office wanted me to pay the entire $10K bill upfront, which to me didn't make sense, so I agreed to pay three-quarters. I was told it would take 3 weeks to get the teeth from the lab however the next available appointment was two months out. In Feb I started receiving the collection department calls on my house and cellphones. I explained that I was not going to pay until I received my teeth in March.

Well March came and 4 of the 6 teeth had to be sent back to the lab and it would be 3 weeks before they were returned. However the next available appointment wasn't until June. So now I'm back to getting collection department calls. After going through all of this in April with a collection agent and being told notes were being included in my record I received more calls in May. Nope - the collection department people don't read notes. They just make harassing calls. I'm so done with these people...

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed May 12, 2017

I had the crowns put on in Nov of 2015. A month ago I received a call saying I owed them another $500 even though I already paid my co-pay of $1100. Delta Dental said they paid their contract portion and that I did not own any more money. Evidently the contract portion was only $5, but they made the deal. The worst part... the gal that keeps calling me is from a collection agency and Bright Now NEVER notified me of this money owing. I would never do business like this, in any line of work! Don't start harassing me because you didn't look at your contracts!

Reviewed May 4, 2017

Very unprofessional, a large corporation seeking only profit. They will not care about you, only want your money. Not good at dentistry, good at stealing money. They will provide no good services but expect handsome payment. Go to a non corporate dentist for your own good. This place will truly disappoint.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed May 2, 2017

I was skeptical at first but, so happy that I chose to go here. All the staff, including the dentist that worked on my teeth cared about my needs. The assistant... At least I think that's what I would call him helped to adjust my partial so it was more comfortable and kept trying to make me happy. The dentist made sure that I was completely covered with numbing meds due to my being extremely sensitive. It's scary going to the dentist but they made me feel at ease with their continuous attempts to make sure that I was comfortable. They were awesome!!! Thank you!

Reviewed May 2, 2017

I first went to Bright Now 2/8/17, I had finally gotten dental insurance and went to DentaQuest site and pulled up local dentists. I had not been to the dentist in years and I did have a toothache. I had cracked a filling and gotten a cavity under it. The Dentist did an exam and said I needed 8 different fillings. She did 3 that day including the one that was bothering me. A week or 2 later I chipped the tooth that was bothering me, it was a large chip. She was offended when I explained to her that my tooth had chipped, "The filling is fine. It was your tooth that chipped."

On my follow up visit I was in the office for 1.5 hours and saw her for less than 5 min. She gave me a shot of ** and literally put the needle down and picked up the drill and started grinding on my tooth without her assistant and my mouth started filling up with water. Instead of using the tool to suck the water out she said and waited until her assistant got there. I jumped once and she asked what the problem was and I said, "It hurt." That annoyed her?

She said I needed a crown on that tooth now. Also when I was in the office waiting the ladies at the desk were being nasty toward each other with a waiting room full of people. After her attitude and 5 min of seeing her and her only fixing the chipped tooth I went to Facebook and asked friends for suggestions. A friend had similar issues at this same office. They told her that her 10-12 year old daughter needed 7 fillings and she went somewhere else for a second opinion and this dentist said she only required 2! She had told me I needed 8 and I believe she filled 3 and when I went to the new dentist he examined the tooth that she said needed the crown and I did not need a crown and after my exam I did not need any further fillings! I would never suggest this office to anyone.

Reviewed April 29, 2017

On April 28, 2017, I was appalled by the treatment I received at the DeSoto Junction location by "Bright Now" dental office at 3611 First St. E. Bradenton, Fl. About 6 months ago, I had a toothache and made an appointment to see the Dentist. He diagnosed my problem as a cap was needed on a front tooth and said it was an emergency and it must be done immediately. He quoted me a price of $1000.00. Today I checked with other dentists and found a cap on a front tooth could be put on for $800.00. The dentist said this could not wait and needed to be done immediately so I had the work done and payment was demanded immediately.

Otherwise, I would have had the work done for $250.00 in Costa Rica. I had pain with this tooth for over 6 months after the dentist did the work. His office said it sometimes takes almost a year before the pain stops. This cap caused the teeth on the other side of my mouth to be out of line and need a minor adjustment, as one of my teeth were hitting a bottom tooth. I went in for an adjustment and the dentist told me I should have the top and bottom bridge replaced for thousands of dollars, and when I informed him I had no money, he refused to treat me for an adjustment that would taken 10 minutes of his time. He refused to do the adjustment without paying $90.00.

The manager told me that since the dentist did not do the work on the problem area, he could not do the work for free. I told them I was on SS and my savings were gone and I could not afford immediately to pay. I told them if an illegal came in, I bet they would treat them free. The manager said not at that office. Then the dental assistant spoke up and said she had been employed for many years and said she was an illegal who just walked across the border and had no problem getting employed at this office. The dentist refused to treat me for my pain and I am still in pain and do not know where to turn to have an adjustment without paying. It is a sad day in America when a senior citizen 81 years old is denied dental work because she cannot pay.