1.30/5
Based on 82 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

USAA Credit Card

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 4, 2017

110 USAA Credit Card Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Spent 14 of 22 yrs active duty with USAA, separated from service for 2 yrs and lost my job for 6 months. I own a house and two cars, the vehicles and the insurance I use USAA. Never missed a payment on any of that, my credit card I let slide a month or three during my unemployment. The only company I have trusted for 14 yrs, cancelled my credit card. The only company I have credit & obligations to, cancel my credit card. Paid everything else, house, card, insurance, timely, but when things were tough I left the CC slide, my only trusted credit holder dumped me. Probably worse for Vets than the VA. Really wish no stars were an option, clearly no man left behind is a concept left to the military, not the companies like USAA that claim to support Soldiers and their families like I believed all these years. Run Vets, Run.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Like many others, I have been a member of USAA for many years and have had a USAA credit card for about five years. I have not use the card in about three years. However I got a call the other day from USAA attempting to collect a past due balance of $35 which it turns out is the annual fee to have their credit card. Just a little disappointed in USAA that they claim to be all about helping service members yet charge them $35 for an annual fee on a credit card that they don't use and then don't tell them about it until they are calling to try and collect the debt.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Don't go with the USAA Credit Card. If you pay $50-100 it posts right away - pay the balance and they'll "float" it for 7-10 days. Really screwed me, I paid off the card to use it for a trip - funds weren't there for 10 days. Had to use a different card for the business trip. VERY unprofessional. Capital One, US Bank, Chase... every other card I have ever owned has posted the payment immediately. Spent lots of time on the phone with them, there was nothing they were willing to do. Said if I used a USAA checking/savings account it would have been immediate - well great, with service like this let me just jump right in and have ALL my pay go to you. No. I don't trust them and have canceled the card.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I have been a member of USAA for 15 years. Two years ago, the government agency I was was working for had three breaches of security in a short time frame. My social security number, date of birth, address, and military affiliation were accessed, as well as anyone listed in my background check. The Department of Defense notified me of this breach in June, but it occurred in February. I called USAA after checking my checking account, and credit card for any activity I did not initiate. The first phone call was just for information purposes, there was a negative balance in my checking account and my credit card was almost maxed, which was not accurate. The young man I spoke to informed me USAA was aware of the breach and had placed a hold on my account so no transfers occurred between USAA and my local credit union from the end of February to July when I called.

I asked why I was not notified then and was told he really did not know why I had not been notified. The young man was helpful as he could be, made notes and started an inquiry into my credit card balance. He then transferred me to banking so I could talk to someone about my negative account. I was transferred multiple times, to multiple people because no one could help me. What I have found out over many phone calls in the last two years is, they did put a hold on my account without telling me, this stopped funds transfers from my local bank to USAA which in turn caused any payment drafts I had scheduled to be rejected resulting in NSF fees. Well then I find out that the account I was making payments to had not received payment since Feb/March time from but continued to get payment by drafting the frozen account.

So now I have fees from USAA and the other company, not to mention my computer I believed to be paid for, had not been paid at all. No one contacted me from either company, I have had to contact them. Upon further investigation I discovered USAA had affected multiple accounts with account gold, putting my very nice credit score in the dumps. I have spent two years trying to get this mess fixed with them without resolution. They expect me to pay for all of it, and will not remove the charges they erroneously added to my account.

Now they call me all the time, and mail me threatening letters. I receive as many as 5 calls a day, and a couple of letters a month. Throughout this two year ordeal, I have spoken to a couple of honest people that tried to help, but the majority of my interactions were with rude, accusatory people that had no interest in the truth, they just wanted to know when I would pay up! When I first joined USAA I loved the company, over the last 3-5 years, they have really took a turn for the worst. I rarely hear anything good about them anymore. I will never do business with them again, nor will I recommend any of their products.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I inquired about insurance with USAA May 2017, when I was referred by my father (retired military and USAA member for 30+ years). I was then offered what appeared to be a good credit card offer. I was in the market for a new credit card and the way I understood it was the CC was 0% APR on all purchases and transfers for 15 months. I even repeated it back to her and she confirmed it. I said I was interested in signing up. A couple months later I received a cc statement which included interest on it. When I called to inquire about what I thought was a mistake, I was informed that my offer was for only transfers and not purchases. I then explained that was not what the representative had told me at the beginning bc if she had, I wouldn't of signed up bc I could have gone with a different cc company and received 0% APR on purchases and transfers - But I had chosen USAA because I heard it was a good company to do business with.

I also had just received an email offer from USAA for the 0% APR on purchases AND transfers so I couldn't understand why they couldn't apply that to my current credit card? They told me no but I could open another credit card to get that offer with them. That was out of the question. I informed them I would be paying off my balance and closing my card and never using their services again, and I would be sure to let my family and friends know of my terrible experience with them. I have an excellent credit score, always pay my bills on time and typically pay off my large purchases within 6 months. I am an excellent customer to have, but I guess that's not what they are looking for bc then they don't make enough money off of me. I was always told how great USAA was but after my experience and hearing other people's awful experiences, I can honestly say that they are not... Very very disappointing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAA?

Original review: July 27, 2017

I overlooked my last bill on the credit card which was $185.77. I then received a bill for that payment plus the current payment with an interest charge of $3.35. I have had this card for over 10 years and paid regularly. USAA refused to eliminate the interest fee. I have many credit cards and not once have they refused to eliminate the fee particularly when I have a long history with the company and regularly pay on time. I find this shameful on the part of USAA that they don't value their long time customers.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I transfer money from Huntington Bank to pay off one of my credit card, the money was received by USAA BUT CREDIT NOT APPLY TO MY ACCOUNT. I call and I was told it will take up to 7 days. Moving all my accounts to another bank. This use to be a great bank. NO LONGER. KEEP GOING DOWNHILL for the LAST 2 years. Stay away from USAA.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I am fighting a late payment ding on my credit of 60 days past due for charges USAA couldn't make clear to me what they were for. I haven't used the credit card for years. Apparently I am billed online in what looks like or goes to spam. I never got a paper bill. I only started receiving late notices in the mail when it was 60 days overdue. They never tried to call or reach me by my primary cell phone. I had 800 credit score and because of their ding over 5 dollars I went down to 650. What's worse is the charge was fraudulent. Ultimately I will get this straightened out but is months of hassle and waiting. USAA was not cooperative.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I got several fraud charges on my USAA CC six total within two days. We had to talk to USAA several times to make sure they were all noted and that they were going to take care of them. We thought all was good today. Two months later we get an email from USAA that the company was disputing the fraud and that USAA wants us to send a letter in to state we did not authorize the charge. If USAA feels we have no way to say we did or not we will be liable for the charge. I guess using a CC is not 100% safe from being taking by fraud. We will be canceling both our CC with USAA as soon and this is done and also removing our car insurance with them. They can't be trusted!!! I have had fraud on other brand CC's and no issues at all. USAA said they are people owned so they do things different. Well USAA bye bye... And become a real company that looks out for their customers!!!

Original review: April 29, 2017

I am having a problem with a USAA credit card and fraud. They told me the card was cancelled. It was not, and they are reporting derogatory information to the credit bureaus. They are a big company and I am one little person. It is hard to fight them. You will feel the same way. Bottom Line: If you have a problem with fraud, they will say you did it and will not help you. Then, they will harass and bully you for something you don't owe. (Remember: They are a giant, we are little powerless people.) Yes, and they will try to ruin your credit for $35 (when your daughter is slated to attend college in the fall), give you the runaround, and transfer you to various departments unwilling and seemingly incapable of helping you. Extremely horrible customer service overall.

(Wait... wait... a positive - my kids have little bank accounts with them and ATM cards. They love USAA. But they are kids, and most likely won't have a problem. (Well, my teenage daughter was charged ATM fees. She was upset, but I said to let it go). USAA will not do the same for you. When you have a problem, USAA sucks! I do not want to feel this way, but I have experienced it first hand.) I have never experienced such difficulty and runaround from a company. Honestly, they are actually the worst company of all time I have dealt with... honestly. I am truly flabbergasted at their appalling level of customer service. If you have any other options, do not choose USAA. Trust the reviews! Extremely Disheartened Customer:-(

Original review: April 20, 2017

I have had my card for two years. I have a checking and a savings account with USAA as well as my car insurance. They cut my credit limit in half with no prior notice after I paid my balance in full. The lady I talked to said they would have reduced it before but they can't lower less than what you owe. They have tried to tell me my credit is 100 points lower than it is. (I closed on my house less than a month ago and work at a dealership, I have access to my credit score at any time so I know better) They won't resolve their issues. They said that I was late on payments multiple times when they take it automatically from my USAA Checking account. The only negatives I even have on my credit profile come from them lowering my limit so now I am over 50% of my balance. I will never recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 7, 2017

USAA has the worst customer service I ever experienced. In a effort to lower my balance on my credit card I stop using the card and start making lump sum payments. Well they lower my credit limit which in turn lowered my credit score. This was done without any notification or explanation. I called them to find out what was going on with the account and their reply was "we don't know ". Wow!

Original review: April 7, 2017

Five year member. Very dissatisfied with my experience with USAA Federal Savings Bank. Failed to act in a commercially reasonable manner. I have legal reason why I did not have to comply with the contract. I did what I was required under the contract except anything I was prevented or excused from doing, so I do not owe creditor. Prior breach- Improper Notice of Breach. The creditors' violations of State and Local Law. The creditor failed to comply with the terms of the contract by breaching the implied warranty of good faith and fair dealing by acting unreasonably, which denied me the benefits I had under the contract. USAA terms of the contract is grossly unfair.

Original review: March 10, 2017

I have been a long term member of USAA. I've done several mortgages and auto finances through USAA plus I use USAA for insurance. Despite decades of "membership" I've never really needed to interact with USAA, no claims, no issues. I recently decided to transfer a credit card from USAA to another institution (because the other institution offered a significantly better rate) and for the first time I had to actually interact with USAA. It was a nightmare. USAA repeatedly claimed they did not receive the transfer and despite providing proof funds were transferred USAA denied receiving the funds. Even after providing USAA proof of transfer they refused to properly apply the funds.

As nightmarish as this was it wasn't the worst. After dozens of calls I finally reached someone in their "Executive Resolutions" team that openly admitted USAA intentionally charges members higher rates and offers lower limits than any other institution unless/until they complain and complain enough to reach a senior management person. Based on this I'd recommend anyone with a USAA account immediately review anything they are doing with USAA. They appear solid until you learn their goal is to harm you as much as possible until you notice. This is a bad company and one you truly cannot rely on to be your financial partner.

Original review: March 7, 2017

In August 2016 I opened a line of Credit with this union. Needless to say I do not use the card and accidentally charged 10.74 to the card. I received no phone call or literature in the mail. I was told by my lender I had an outstanding balance of 10.74. I called today, paid it in full and since this was a pure misunderstanding I was hoping to have the card reinstated. They were not helpful, I was on the phone for nearly 3 hours. I have never been treated so poorly but a company. I am in the middle of home buying and because of this small amount my credit is not that great. I would never jeopardize my credit over 10 bucks. I feel slighted; my father is a former Marine and I have been with them for a long time prior to this account. They are awful, Capital One is kinder!!!! I feel defeated. That was an emergency line of credit.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

Veterans should watch out for scams involving companies that have traditionally done well by veterans. USAA is one of them. Recently I made a larger payment on to my USAA credit card using their electronic transfer feature on the website. The payment was my travel money for a trip I needed to make for school. I made this transfer thinking my funds would be available for my trip (Usually, with Capital One, or Wells Fargo, the funds were available immediately after making the electronic transfer from their website).

Much to my horror, I found out two days later that USAA put an 8 day "float" on my payment! When I called them, the answer I got was they always reserve the right to "float" funds before applying them to an account. Well, that so called "float" is nothing but USAA using my money, as well as many others (I've learned since) to rack up interest for their own pockets! When I told my credit union what USAA was doing they were shocked. This is such a money-grubbing scam, veterans should reject this kind of treatment entirely. USAA is banking on us just putting up and shutting up. I think we've served enough - they don't get to now steal our interest as well!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I have a USAA credit card for two years. For the last year I have been paying it through my bank account electronic. I had it set up for my bill for Nov 4, 2016 to be paid that day. I check and it went through. I had the check number and confirmation number saying they receive it. Much to my surprise I call them before Thanksgiving to let them know my wife was going to be out of state for a few days. The lady that work there told me I was overdue and never receive the check. I went to my computer and printed out the information. She more or less did not believe me.

I ask for a manager and I was on a three-way call with my bank and web hosting and USSA. My bank said they sent it. Web hosting said they did also. I was one time told they had it but rejected it because it had ** on it. I call back web hosting and they said they accepted 11 other checks from them just like it. Then I was told it was lost and did I was told they found it and would show up showing pay on my credit card. That was a lie also. By the way the check was for $5,385.78.

Here it is Dec 2016 and they told me it will be another few days. I can't believe the company will not do the right thing and show my payment going through and let me get on with my life. I am a 100% disable veteran and for them to treat a veteran like this is wrong. I am urging all veterans to stop doing business with USSA. I know when I get this straighten out I am. They had the gall to send me the Dec statement with a late fee of $25.00 and interest of $81.00. Also on the back they threaten to ruin my credit. This had been hell on me.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

USAA is definitely not out to help our active duty! It's hard enough trying to live a stable life on active duty. We opened 2 credit cards about 5 years ago with USAA. We had a revolving balance on both cards for a few years and then decided to buy a house. I paid HUGE chunks off on my credit cards in October to bring my debt to limit down. In November I got a credit monitoring notice that USAA took our $10k limit down to $2700. Mind you we are mid underwriting on a house, our balance was $2500 on that card. This means the credit score increase I got for paying down my card just went right back up and some because it now looks as if my card was maxed out.

I call to find out why, they said "because your credit score is too low." I knew it wasn't, I watch my score everyday. I argue with them until I found out they based the decrease from a credit pull 2 months ago without notifying us. Then they waited till I paid my card down months later to actually decrease the limit and NO notice whatsoever. I explained that the credit pull was not a current reflection of our credit because we had some disputes on our credit we had been fighting. They pretty much said 'oh well'. We pay our monthly payment on time every time, it just goes to show how little they actually care about their client-bank relationship. What's the point of building a 2-decade old relationship with a bank and a good payment history with them for them to just sneak behind you and remove the credit line they gave you without notice? Now we could potentially lose our home we are in the process of purchasing because of this.

Funny a random home mortgage lender will trust us with a $300,000 home loan with no relationship, but our own bank who we have been with and good history and trust all our insurances won't even trust us with a $10k card? Oh and don't forget we also had the reserves in our account to pay all our credit cards off if necessary. They refused to re-evaluate our credit as of today after I even explained they were basing the decision on a credit report 2 months old and that our credit score was significantly higher. I will be switching all our banking, credit card services, and insurances to a local bank who we can build a real relationship with.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

I've been a USAA member for over 25 years. USAA changed from MC to Visa, I had to notify all my Auto pay accounts of the change. USAA says they sent out info of an absolute date that the MC would no longer be active. I do all of my banking online and by email, never saw a letter or an email of this date). I received an email Aug 17th around the same time I received the credit card telling me to activate the new card, no date that the MC would be completely deactivated on Sept 13th. After being told that my homeowners insurance on my rental property that was on Auto pay did not post with my USAA credit card on Oct 3rd, they said they would cancel my policy. I contacted USAA and asked where this notification was that the card would be deactivated and they said they emailed and mailed on July 30th (funny I had every other email and not that). I asked why I couldn't find this document online, this document was nowhere online.

The letter was not in any of my documents and the rep had to upload it as we spoke, to show me PROOF that they mailed it. This is a company that is supposed to be military friendly but the documents that were extremely important was not online. Military personnel don't alway get regular mail and should be able to find all of their banking documents and correspondence that they have sent online. Customer service is just isn't good. Communication is terrible even when you set up paperless, email and text. USAA was always extremely convenient when moving around with the military but now I just don't see the benefit when you can't look up communications and letters they send you online, more important, something that you don't even know they sent. You call and they upload it and say "see we sent it" and can't give you a reason why it wasn't available in your Documents. USAA has become just another bank!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I'm a 19 year old girl with my first credit card. I've been very on top of my payments so far, and paid another balance ahead of time yesterday. Yet, after paying it, my card has been declined for a small purchase. This isn't the first time this has happened. Last time, I ended up on the phone with an incompetent CSA for roughly 47 minutes, explaining my problem, and was told that there was nothing she could do; she didn't know why my payment wasn't accepted, and didn't actively pursue any methods for fixing my problem. I was simply told to call later, and the next representative I spoke with didn't have a clue, either.

Last time, I ended up waiting a full month to use my credit card, as the payment due date was the only thing left to do. Now, I've once again paid my card off early and beyond fully, and I am still declined. I'm bitterly disappointed, as this is my most reliable payment method on a daily basis, and loose cash is asking for trouble. I'll be waiting another full month before being able to use my card, and possibly giving a fruitless call to customer service just to say that I did. I won't be looking at USAA for another credit card in the future. This is ridiculous.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

I've been a USAA member for 42 years with generally very good experiences. However, when USAA changed from MC to Visa, we had to notify all Direct Pay vendors of the change. Not all have worked out. After being told by a vendor that my Direct Pay failed to post with my USAA credit card, USAA told me the issue was with the vendor. Vendor said all CC information was correct. I reviewed, line by line with the vendor, every data point and had them try to run a small pre-payment using my Visa card. Failed to work.

Historically, the USAA card has been convenient since I have other investment accounts with USAA but I really see no advantage to keeping their Visa Card since other CC companies have better rewards, and since we pay all balances due every month I don't need the hassle of a payment not making it in, especially when the solution seems to be finger pointing, instead of a concrete answer. It's my credit score they're screwing with.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

My wife and I have been with USAA for 3 decades. We recently were involved in an on-line computer service scam, where the company disabled our computer and then 'fixed it.' Of course, the fix resulted in an exorbitant fee, and further disabling. We were not aware of the scam until after the fact, and had Geek Squad examine the computer. We were informed by them that the company is widely known as a scam operation, and that they had had 2 other customers come in with the same problem that same day. The Florida State Attorney General shut down the company a month ago, and reported, together with the BBB, that over $20M had been scammed by the company, prior to the shut-down.

I submitted a debit card dispute, and was informed by USAA that 'no error had occurred', and that the charge for the unneeded 'repair' would stand. In effect, USAA is enabling the perpetuation of a scam. I have requested to review the documentation used to make their decision, as I had provided a substantive packet of evidence to support my position. USAA has willfully avoided providing me with ANY information supportive of their decision. I have been on telephone hold for long periods of time, and have been dealing with some of the lowest quality customer service people I have had the displeasure to have contact with. At time of writing, I have still not heard back from them. My wife and I have slowly withdrawn our use of USAA banking services over the years, and will obviously continue to do so. I cannot, in good conscience, recommend this company.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I will make this brief because so many reviews recount experiences similar to mine - although my experience is probably exponentially worse than most. I have been a member of USAA for 42 years. In the past year, the following has occurred: Internet account has been hacked multiple times and personal data is repeatedly corrupted so that I cannot access my account by internet and I am unable to verify my identity when contacting them by phone.

Fraudulent credit card charges have been made on my accounts exceeding $40,000. These were done from a foreign location on a daily basis for several days in a row without setting off any alarms even though the cards had been dormant for months. (It is worth noting that given a similar set of circumstances AMEX would have sounded a loud alarm immediately.)

Wire transfers from my bank accounts were arranged by telephone and sent to a foreign location. Both my savings and checking accounts were completely drained and grossly overdrawn. To add insult and additional injury, the USAA portal was used to transfer $60,000 from my accounts at another bank to USAA so that the perpetrators could continue getting rich on USAA incompetence. The other bank accounts had been registered with USAA as an alternate means of paying insurance premiums.

Attempts to contact USAA by telephone and resolve the matter have been fruitless. After jumping through several hoops to verify my identification on several occasions over the past TWO MONTHS, I am always told that a supervisory fraud specialist will call me within 48 hours. No one has ever called. As it stands I am stuck with no access to the money I had in my accounts, no way to resolve the credit card fraud, and no way to straighten out the damage that has been done to my credit rating. USAA is entirely unresponsive.

I would strongly urge anyone who has accounts with USAA to google USAA credit card fraud and read all of the horror stories that pop up; then find another bank and close everything with USAA before you become a victim of their highly porous security system and nonexistent customer service. It appears I will ultimately have hire a law firm to resolve this. Trust me when I say there cannot be another bank in the U.S. as incompetent and dangerous to your financial health as USAA.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I cancelled my American Express credit card due to me not using it for two years in May 2016. In June of 2016 I received a bill for 35.00 annual fee. I called USAA and they informed me that I was late in cancelling the Credit card by several weeks therefore I needed to pay for the 2016-2017 annual fee. I told them then reinstate my card. The rep told me I would have to re-apply for a new card and would be charged another $35.00 annual fee. I asked then "what am I getting for the $36.31" (including late fees) and the rep chuckled and said nothing. I asked "where is the $36.31 going." She responded to us. I then contacted the BBB and filed a complaint. They have now called me every day since I filed with the BBB asking for the $36.31 due on August 12. They want their fees early before August 12 statement??

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

We have been a member for many years and had been impressed by the level of security USAA had for on-line and phone in to support and customer service. NOT SO ANYMORE! Both myself and wife's shared accounts and my Daughters and son in laws accounts (BTW my daughter and son in law accounts are not combined with ours, this just happened to them too) have been easily hacked by thieves thru phone support at USAA. Yes USAA support let the thieves in and helped them reset the pass code as they had "forgotten it". Nothing high tech, No over the phone questions were asked that were special "challenge questions"(not from public records) but off public records such as birth dates, ages, addresses, social security numbers. The thieves did this and USAA let them in to get in and transfer and withdraw cash (over $4000.00) via the debit card.

First off, how does someone withdraw that much via debit card all in one day, all other banks set that as a huge alert and shut it down right at the ATM and then USAA notified us the next day something may be wrong by e-mail. Nothing was shut down till many hours later, no call to us. They put a notice on our log in on the account website. After the breach I have called in over 4 times after the reported hack and they failed each time and used no challenge questions and repeatedly asked for last 4 of a credit card, expiration date, the CCV which the thief already had as they had stole that! They let us in each time without really identifying us, remember this is AFTER the reported hack!

No one we called in on the phone (unless we called direct to fraud department) knew there was any issue with our account until we brought it up! When I questioned this practice they suggested we use the higher security level text notification which we have set up (should be a standard for all USAA members). My on-line game memberships are better than these guys! I do not know who is in charge of the security at USAA now but it has really changed and to the TERRIBLE. Yes they are FDIC insured and we got our money back after hours and hours of phone calls, e-mails, changing passwords, changing credit cards and way more than I want to remember. What a unnecessary waste of taxpayers' money as USAA has done and still nothing to help secure our accounts. We are looking for another bank or credit union.

Original review: July 29, 2016

I've been a USAA member for 15 year and what and where in the hell are they finding these customer service reps!?! Fell behind on credit card during divorce. Kept in contact, made payment arrangements, made sure my card status is open. 6 months later of being double talked and lied to they closed the account. Not even late on payments!!! You cannot get a supervisor for nothing. They just pretend to give you a supervisor and hand the phone over to the person next to them! Completely rude and unprofessional and they told me instead of paying off the remaining balance to file bankruptcy!!! Who Says that?

Can USAA please find someone semi intelligent and professional whose does not use the word "um like I dont know" every other sentence? Service done the tubes USAA! Used to be great and proud to have it! Service department I went through is 1(800)531-7013. I was given this # to call so I don't get the run around but thats exactly what I got with the advice of file a bankruptcy. Dont pay USAA... Wow boo.

Original review: July 17, 2016

I'm a disabled veteran, and I've been part of USAA (card insurance) for about 5 years now. I recently tried to get a credit card through them, but was told that I'm declined. I don't understand why, since I've NEVER been late on any of my other 5 credit cards, and have paid way more than the minimum balance amount. Now I got a hard hit on my credit! However, after reading some of these reviews, I'm glad I was turned down. I thought USAA was better than that. Greedy USAA! Don't give you're looking out for veterans crap! You're just another Wall Street conglomerate trying to squeeze what they can out of the little guy!

Original review: July 4, 2016

This is no longer the customer friendly USAA I remember from when I signed up as a teenager. I attempted to pay my $2 balance on my credit card 3 times in one month, phoned in and was told systems are down. Now my credit score has dropped significantly because USAA issued a 30 days past due notice to the credit bureaus for a $2 balance that their system did not process, but mind you $500+ went through to pay all other USAA Bills. I talked with a representative and their supervisor and neither were willing to help resolve the issue, which was a glitch in their own system. Years ago USAA representatives would not have blinked at doing everything possible to resolve an issue. I would not recommend using any of USAA's banking options.

Original review: June 26, 2016

Between the years 1967 and 2011 my satisfaction level with USAA service has alternated between EXCELLENT and OUTSTANDING. Recently, they seem to have joined the Greedy Growth Group and are sacrificing Quality for Size. They are replacing high quality USAA employees with mediocre outsourced providers. Up until now I have used USAA for 95% of my financial transactions. That will soon change to 5%.

Original review: June 23, 2016

USAA has lost a payment I made electromagnetically thru Navy Federal two months go. I continue to get harassing phone calls every day, sometimes twice a day. Navy Federal has faxed direct from their offices to USAA proving the payment was made those idiots lost. NFCU and I have both sent all of the data, including my bank statements proving USAA withdrew the money from my account for the payment I made. We even had a conference call with Navy Federal, me and USAA. The rep was nothing but accusatory and rude.

Still USAA will not get back to me to clear up THEIR mistake in basic accounting. What else can I do but file a lawsuit for harassment? They are inept in their accounting department. They last told me it will take 10 days to "research" this matter. They have done nothing but put a ding on my credit report for a late payment that was made on June 3rd! What a mistake I made going with them for a Mastercard. Horrible! Morons!

USAA Credit Card Company Information