USAA Credit Card

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have a USAA credit card for two years. For the last year I have been paying it through my bank account electronic. I had it set up for my bill for Nov 4, 2016 to be paid that day. I check and it went through. I had the check number and confirmation number saying they receive it. Much to my surprise I call them before Thanksgiving to let them know my wife was going to be out of state for a few days. The lady that work there told me I was overdue and never receive the check. I went to my computer and printed out the information. She more or less did not believe me.

I ask for a manager and I was on a three-way call with my bank and web hosting and USSA. My bank said they sent it. Web hosting said they did also. I was one time told they had it but rejected it because it had ** on it. I call back web hosting and they said they accepted 11 other checks from them just like it. Then I was told it was lost and did I was told they found it and would show up showing pay on my credit card. That was a lie also. By the way the check was for $5,385.78.

Here it is Dec 2016 and they told me it will be another few days. I can't believe the company will not do the right thing and show my payment going through and let me get on with my life. I am a 100% disable veteran and for them to treat a veteran like this is wrong. I am urging all veterans to stop doing business with USSA. I know when I get this straighten out I am. They had the gall to send me the Dec statement with a late fee of $25.00 and interest of $81.00. Also on the back they threaten to ruin my credit. This had been hell on me.

USAA is definitely not out to help our active duty! It's hard enough trying to live a stable life on active duty. We opened 2 credit cards about 5 years ago with USAA. We had a revolving balance on both cards for a few years and then decided to buy a house. I paid HUGE chunks off on my credit cards in October to bring my debt to limit down. In November I got a credit monitoring notice that USAA took our $10k limit down to $2700. Mind you we are mid underwriting on a house, our balance was $2500 on that card. This means the credit score increase I got for paying down my card just went right back up and some because it now looks as if my card was maxed out.

I call to find out why, they said "because your credit score is too low." I knew it wasn't, I watch my score everyday. I argue with them until I found out they based the decrease from a credit pull 2 months ago without notifying us. Then they waited till I paid my card down months later to actually decrease the limit and NO notice whatsoever. I explained that the credit pull was not a current reflection of our credit because we had some disputes on our credit we had been fighting. They pretty much said 'oh well'. We pay our monthly payment on time every time, it just goes to show how little they actually care about their client-bank relationship. What's the point of building a 2-decade old relationship with a bank and a good payment history with them for them to just sneak behind you and remove the credit line they gave you without notice? Now we could potentially lose our home we are in the process of purchasing because of this.

Funny a random home mortgage lender will trust us with a $300,000 home loan with no relationship, but our own bank who we have been with and good history and trust all our insurances won't even trust us with a $10k card? Oh and don't forget we also had the reserves in our account to pay all our credit cards off if necessary. They refused to re-evaluate our credit as of today after I even explained they were basing the decision on a credit report 2 months old and that our credit score was significantly higher. I will be switching all our banking, credit card services, and insurances to a local bank who we can build a real relationship with.

I've been a USAA member for over 25 years. USAA changed from MC to Visa, I had to notify all my Auto pay accounts of the change. USAA says they sent out info of an absolute date that the MC would no longer be active. I do all of my banking online and by email, never saw a letter or an email of this date). I received an email Aug 17th around the same time I received the credit card telling me to activate the new card, no date that the MC would be completely deactivated on Sept 13th. After being told that my homeowners insurance on my rental property that was on Auto pay did not post with my USAA credit card on Oct 3rd, they said they would cancel my policy. I contacted USAA and asked where this notification was that the card would be deactivated and they said they emailed and mailed on July 30th (funny I had every other email and not that). I asked why I couldn't find this document online, this document was nowhere online.

The letter was not in any of my documents and the rep had to upload it as we spoke, to show me PROOF that they mailed it. This is a company that is supposed to be military friendly but the documents that were extremely important was not online. Military personnel don't alway get regular mail and should be able to find all of their banking documents and correspondence that they have sent online. Customer service is just isn't good. Communication is terrible even when you set up paperless, email and text. USAA was always extremely convenient when moving around with the military but now I just don't see the benefit when you can't look up communications and letters they send you online, more important, something that you don't even know they sent. You call and they upload it and say "see we sent it" and can't give you a reason why it wasn't available in your Documents. USAA has become just another bank!

I'm a 19 year old girl with my first credit card. I've been very on top of my payments so far, and paid another balance ahead of time yesterday. Yet, after paying it, my card has been declined for a small purchase. This isn't the first time this has happened. Last time, I ended up on the phone with an incompetent CSA for roughly 47 minutes, explaining my problem, and was told that there was nothing she could do; she didn't know why my payment wasn't accepted, and didn't actively pursue any methods for fixing my problem. I was simply told to call later, and the next representative I spoke with didn't have a clue, either.

Last time, I ended up waiting a full month to use my credit card, as the payment due date was the only thing left to do. Now, I've once again paid my card off early and beyond fully, and I am still declined. I'm bitterly disappointed, as this is my most reliable payment method on a daily basis, and loose cash is asking for trouble. I'll be waiting another full month before being able to use my card, and possibly giving a fruitless call to customer service just to say that I did. I won't be looking at USAA for another credit card in the future. This is ridiculous.

I've been a USAA member for 42 years with generally very good experiences. However, when USAA changed from MC to Visa, we had to notify all Direct Pay vendors of the change. Not all have worked out. After being told by a vendor that my Direct Pay failed to post with my USAA credit card, USAA told me the issue was with the vendor. Vendor said all CC information was correct. I reviewed, line by line with the vendor, every data point and had them try to run a small pre-payment using my Visa card. Failed to work.

Historically, the USAA card has been convenient since I have other investment accounts with USAA but I really see no advantage to keeping their Visa Card since other CC companies have better rewards, and since we pay all balances due every month I don't need the hassle of a payment not making it in, especially when the solution seems to be finger pointing, instead of a concrete answer. It's my credit score they're screwing with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAA?

My wife and I have been with USAA for 3 decades. We recently were involved in an on-line computer service scam, where the company disabled our computer and then 'fixed it.' Of course, the fix resulted in an exorbitant fee, and further disabling. We were not aware of the scam until after the fact, and had Geek Squad examine the computer. We were informed by them that the company is widely known as a scam operation, and that they had had 2 other customers come in with the same problem that same day. The Florida State Attorney General shut down the company a month ago, and reported, together with the BBB, that over $20M had been scammed by the company, prior to the shut-down.

I submitted a debit card dispute, and was informed by USAA that 'no error had occurred', and that the charge for the unneeded 'repair' would stand. In effect, USAA is enabling the perpetuation of a scam. I have requested to review the documentation used to make their decision, as I had provided a substantive packet of evidence to support my position. USAA has willfully avoided providing me with ANY information supportive of their decision. I have been on telephone hold for long periods of time, and have been dealing with some of the lowest quality customer service people I have had the displeasure to have contact with. At time of writing, I have still not heard back from them. My wife and I have slowly withdrawn our use of USAA banking services over the years, and will obviously continue to do so. I cannot, in good conscience, recommend this company.

I will make this brief because so many reviews recount experiences similar to mine - although my experience is probably exponentially worse than most. I have been a member of USAA for 42 years. In the past year, the following has occurred: Internet account has been hacked multiple times and personal data is repeatedly corrupted so that I cannot access my account by internet and I am unable to verify my identity when contacting them by phone.

Fraudulent credit card charges have been made on my accounts exceeding $40,000. These were done from a foreign location on a daily basis for several days in a row without setting off any alarms even though the cards had been dormant for months. (It is worth noting that given a similar set of circumstances AMEX would have sounded a loud alarm immediately.)

Wire transfers from my bank accounts were arranged by telephone and sent to a foreign location. Both my savings and checking accounts were completely drained and grossly overdrawn. To add insult and additional injury, the USAA portal was used to transfer $60,000 from my accounts at another bank to USAA so that the perpetrators could continue getting rich on USAA incompetence. The other bank accounts had been registered with USAA as an alternate means of paying insurance premiums.

Attempts to contact USAA by telephone and resolve the matter have been fruitless. After jumping through several hoops to verify my identification on several occasions over the past TWO MONTHS, I am always told that a supervisory fraud specialist will call me within 48 hours. No one has ever called. As it stands I am stuck with no access to the money I had in my accounts, no way to resolve the credit card fraud, and no way to straighten out the damage that has been done to my credit rating. USAA is entirely unresponsive.

I would strongly urge anyone who has accounts with USAA to google USAA credit card fraud and read all of the horror stories that pop up; then find another bank and close everything with USAA before you become a victim of their highly porous security system and nonexistent customer service. It appears I will ultimately have hire a law firm to resolve this. Trust me when I say there cannot be another bank in the U.S. as incompetent and dangerous to your financial health as USAA.

I cancelled my American Express credit card due to me not using it for two years in May 2016. In June of 2016 I received a bill for 35.00 annual fee. I called USAA and they informed me that I was late in cancelling the Credit card by several weeks therefore I needed to pay for the 2016-2017 annual fee. I told them then reinstate my card. The rep told me I would have to re-apply for a new card and would be charged another $35.00 annual fee. I asked then "what am I getting for the $36.31" (including late fees) and the rep chuckled and said nothing. I asked "where is the $36.31 going." She responded to us. I then contacted the BBB and filed a complaint. They have now called me every day since I filed with the BBB asking for the $36.31 due on August 12. They want their fees early before August 12 statement??

We have been a member for many years and had been impressed by the level of security USAA had for on-line and phone in to support and customer service. NOT SO ANYMORE! Both myself and wife's shared accounts and my Daughters and son in laws accounts (BTW my daughter and son in law accounts are not combined with ours, this just happened to them too) have been easily hacked by thieves thru phone support at USAA. Yes USAA support let the thieves in and helped them reset the pass code as they had "forgotten it". Nothing high tech, No over the phone questions were asked that were special "challenge questions"(not from public records) but off public records such as birth dates, ages, addresses, social security numbers. The thieves did this and USAA let them in to get in and transfer and withdraw cash (over $4000.00) via the debit card.

First off, how does someone withdraw that much via debit card all in one day, all other banks set that as a huge alert and shut it down right at the ATM and then USAA notified us the next day something may be wrong by e-mail. Nothing was shut down till many hours later, no call to us. They put a notice on our log in on the account website. After the breach I have called in over 4 times after the reported hack and they failed each time and used no challenge questions and repeatedly asked for last 4 of a credit card, expiration date, the CCV which the thief already had as they had stole that! They let us in each time without really identifying us, remember this is AFTER the reported hack!

No one we called in on the phone (unless we called direct to fraud department) knew there was any issue with our account until we brought it up! When I questioned this practice they suggested we use the higher security level text notification which we have set up (should be a standard for all USAA members). My on-line game memberships are better than these guys! I do not know who is in charge of the security at USAA now but it has really changed and to the TERRIBLE. Yes they are FDIC insured and we got our money back after hours and hours of phone calls, e-mails, changing passwords, changing credit cards and way more than I want to remember. What a unnecessary waste of taxpayers' money as USAA has done and still nothing to help secure our accounts. We are looking for another bank or credit union.

I've been a USAA member for 15 year and what and where in the hell are they finding these customer service reps!?! Fell behind on credit card during divorce. Kept in contact, made payment arrangements, made sure my card status is open. 6 months later of being double talked and lied to they closed the account. Not even late on payments!!! You cannot get a supervisor for nothing. They just pretend to give you a supervisor and hand the phone over to the person next to them! Completely rude and unprofessional and they told me instead of paying off the remaining balance to file bankruptcy!!! Who Says that?

Can USAA please find someone semi intelligent and professional whose does not use the word "um like I dont know" every other sentence? Service done the tubes USAA! Used to be great and proud to have it! Service department I went through is 1(800)531-7013. I was given this # to call so I don't get the run around but thats exactly what I got with the advice of file a bankruptcy. Dont pay USAA... Wow boo.

I'm a disabled veteran, and I've been part of USAA (card insurance) for about 5 years now. I recently tried to get a credit card through them, but was told that I'm declined. I don't understand why, since I've NEVER been late on any of my other 5 credit cards, and have paid way more than the minimum balance amount. Now I got a hard hit on my credit! However, after reading some of these reviews, I'm glad I was turned down. I thought USAA was better than that. Greedy USAA! Don't give you're looking out for veterans crap! You're just another Wall Street conglomerate trying to squeeze what they can out of the little guy!

This is no longer the customer friendly USAA I remember from when I signed up as a teenager. I attempted to pay my $2 balance on my credit card 3 times in one month, phoned in and was told systems are down. Now my credit score has dropped significantly because USAA issued a 30 days past due notice to the credit bureaus for a $2 balance that their system did not process, but mind you $500+ went through to pay all other USAA Bills. I talked with a representative and their supervisor and neither were willing to help resolve the issue, which was a glitch in their own system. Years ago USAA representatives would not have blinked at doing everything possible to resolve an issue. I would not recommend using any of USAA's banking options.

Between the years 1967 and 2011 my satisfaction level with USAA service has alternated between EXCELLENT and OUTSTANDING. Recently, they seem to have joined the Greedy Growth Group and are sacrificing Quality for Size. They are replacing high quality USAA employees with mediocre outsourced providers. Up until now I have used USAA for 95% of my financial transactions. That will soon change to 5%.

USAA has lost a payment I made electromagnetically thru Navy Federal two months go. I continue to get harassing phone calls every day, sometimes twice a day. Navy Federal has faxed direct from their offices to USAA proving the payment was made those idiots lost. NFCU and I have both sent all of the data, including my bank statements proving USAA withdrew the money from my account for the payment I made. We even had a conference call with Navy Federal, me and USAA. The rep was nothing but accusatory and rude.

Still USAA will not get back to me to clear up THEIR mistake in basic accounting. What else can I do but file a lawsuit for harassment? They are inept in their accounting department. They last told me it will take 10 days to "research" this matter. They have done nothing but put a ding on my credit report for a late payment that was made on June 3rd! What a mistake I made going with them for a Mastercard. Horrible! Morons!

USAA baits and switches on credit card applications. Please be very wary as you will be sent a card with terms that differ from the terms of a letter and of your agreed upon verbal application. Calls to customer service representatives are not accurately documented and call transcripts are not available after 30 days. After doing business with USAA for more than 25 years I am appalled. Incorrect information was given during the card application and by two representatives upon card receipt.

I have tried being a member of USAA credit card services twice over the last 10 years. The first time I signed up they asked me for all pertinent information relevant to my military history!! I thought WOW!! At last a credit card provider that has my veterans status and the military interest as their primary concern. I assumed they had some affiliation with ex-military. I cancelled that first card before I had the opportunity to really get to know about USAA, because I was going out of the country and could not be incumbent of having a credit card out of the country.

When I got back I re-established their services with another card. Right off I had trouble trying to pay my bill because of all the security questions they required online or the phone. This time I started finding out exactly who they were. BOY WASN'T I SURPRISED TO FIND THEY WERE MERELY AN INSURANCE COMPANY, with NO AFFILIATION TO ANYTHING MILITARY!! They are complete phonies who are only trying to capitalize on a fake and phony association with organizations like the VFW, American Legion, etc. And if we recognize they are only doing this because they think all active and ex-military personnel are all stupid and feel some sense of comradeship because they allude to be associated with the US Armed Forces!!! Most of us detest someone this phony!!

I applied for the card and was approve right away. I have perfect credit. It was suppose to be 21 month interest-free. After 5 months they started charging interest. When I called they had no idea what I was talking about, no such promotion. I will pay the card off tomorrow and never use it again. Unbelievable.

USAA's credit card service is abysmal. It took six months to resolve a dispute even though the merchant stated in writing that the two transactions were -- in short --not valid! I initially made a fraud complaint, though long story short, USAA considered it to be a dispute. Thus, my case bounced back and forth between the two internal departments, until, after repeated follow up calls, my case was elevated to the "Executive Resolution Team" where they employ "analysts" to review your claim. Three weeks after the analyst determined that my claim was valid, I am still waiting. Ridiculous!!! If you ask me, it smacked of the old deny, deny, deny routine that insurance companies employ, hoping you'll give up. In a word--don't!

I've made payments to my USAA credit card through Bill Payer via the same alternate bank account for over 15 years. All of the sudden, I'm using my card more and paying more frequently and higher amounts to ensure I'm not going over my limit and they decide they are going to place a hold on my available funds, even though they have the money and show it posted, I've never been late, they've never had a non-sufficient funds issue, and I pay more than the payment due amount. Strangely, if I had just transferred funds from Bill Payer to my USAA bank account and paid the Credit Card bill directly from the USAA account, this would never have been an issue. Makes no sense...

They wanted to raise my interest rates a few years ago and I said no, not acceptable - I carry a high balance and I pay for the right to have a lower interest rate by being a loyal shopper and payer. So they left my rate alone. This ability to put funds on hold without evidence of fraud or financial irresponsibility has sent me over the edge and I'll pay it off - retain it for the low interest rate in emergencies and so I can continue to get the perks of lower insurance rates by being a multiple program user. It saddens me to see that so many financial companies are gouging the client with ridiculous, unjustifiable rules and penalties.

This is an epic story to tell. I had USAA credit card about 20 years ago when I was a student and had no activity ever since. I thought the credit card should be closed long time ago. All of sudden, in November 2015, there was a fraudulent charge of $999.99. I reported fraud case immediately after I received a mail forwarded from my old address from which I moved out 19 years. The fraud department acknowledged that it was such a surprise that somebody could still charge on an 18/19-year-old card. It was determined as fraud and card was closed. But I continue to receive statements. So I called at least 6 or 7 times to their customer service.

Now they said since the account is closed and the fraudulent charge was transferred to another account under my name. There is nothing they can do about it even it is obviously a fraud. The only way to resolve the issue is to pay them in full. Because of the incompetence of their system, every customer support people admitted it. My credit score got impacted and issue still outstanding. I also started receive calls from collection company. Can I sue them?

I'll make this short. Other than all that has been described by many others, USAA has become incompetent in many ways. Twice I have filled out the online information where I was traveling and when. During both travels, USAA put a hold on my card, in what they claimed fraudulent use because of a large charge where I traveled to. I have to find a computer/phone to find out what was happening and straighten out their stupidity. Fill out the website information then put holds on cards... hmmmm... kind of stupid. I was dealing with a lot of matters in the US during the most recent trip to include helping a grieving family because one of the brothers disappeared. Not a good time to do the usual USAA ridiculous.

USAA is not helpful to the military any longer. They used to be but have really gone down the tubes. They use to be good but now, as typical officers in charge of anything, they have become self absorbed and unhelpful. I'll hold on to the cards for an emergency but I am getting other cards. I'm shoving USAA to the back of the line. Eventually, I will get rid of USAA. Especially since I read all the complaints for other on both the credit card and car insurance. (I was going to shift a substantial amount of money to them to manage once we return to the US retired. No way will I get tangled up with them now. It's too dangerous and I advise military members steer clear of USAA).

USAA used to have fabulous customer service. We have a home loan, equity line, credit card, homeowners insurance, and auto insurance (husband has had auto insurance with them for over 20 years). We realized we could not log in. We asked what the problem was and they said we were missing payments on the credit card. We paid the card off in full. We were still not able to access ANY of our accounts or renew our auto insurance.

After dozens of calls and about 8 hours on hold, today alone it was about 3 hours on hold, we were told that our account was blocked over $15.00 outstanding on a bank account we closed over six years ago. The department told us they could not take a payment today because that was a different department YET AGAIN and they were closing. This is after spending 4-1/2 hours of trying to resolve this just today. So we have to call back AGAIN tomorrow. That same department said their typical hold times are 30-60 minutes. REALLY? They are making their inadequate staffing their customers problem. The consequence of all this is that my husband is trying to get his car registered and that is dependent on renewing our insurance. He cannot return to work until this is taken care of. He does not have paid time off and he is our sole source of support for a family of five. Way to take care of veterans USAA!

I have been a customer of USAA since I was 16 years old. I'm now 43. In December of 2013, I transferred a balance from my Discover Card to a USAA credit card and "NEVER" had "ANY" cash advances. However, today, December 29, 2015, when I looked to see what my payment was this month I saw my payment went from $100 to $144, and there was two different interest rates. One interest rate was for purchases and the other was for "cash advances". I never made any cash advances on this credit card. So, I called USAA and was told, "Cash Advance interest rates are not what people think they are. It's not that you pulled any cash out of your card, but that when you rolled your old balance onto the new card, part of that balance went under "cash advances" and you're charged the same amount of interest as that balance as you're charged on the purchase balance."

I was like **. That's not even how it was worded in the information I read when I did the transfer. Otherwise, why the hell would I do that? I'm considering getting an attorney and filing a suit! I'm "beyond" irate with this!!! I have "NEVER", ever had a problem with USAA, but "THIS" is beyond wrong!! If anyone else has had this same problem please let me know. This is not okay! This is wrong and an unacceptable business practice!

BEWARE OF BILLPAY especially if USAA says that they have a relationship with the vendor, thus not allowing you to enter the address where to send the bill. If they screw up (and THEY DID), YOUR ELECTRIC GETS CUT OFF while you think that the bill was paid and confirmed online in a timely manner! I had to make 4 phone calls to get to the bottom of this and USAA threw blame on their third party vendor, CheckFree PartnerCare. I had to pay $100 deposit, $40 reconnect fee, and late fees. I got my deposit and late fees back but not the reconnect fees from the electric bill. Fighting with USAA to get that back, but the Ex. Resolution is telling me that I'm being rude! GRRRHHH!

USAA has this new security alert that is sent to your phone as a text whenever there is suspicious activity. Sounds great in theory, until it picks a random transaction that is totally normal, like buying from Victoria's Secret, which comes up by name on the transaction. It is not a foreign name on the statement. Yet, I was not able to complete a transaction at this store. I did not realize I would receive a text and that I needed to reply. Instead, slightly embarrassed, I made the purchase with a different card. Two days later, I could not get gas. Then I see the text to confirm recent transactions. I confirmed. I received a reply that said. "We didn't understand your reply."

So I called the security number given through the website. The first woman was very rude. She asked a series of questions. I answered all of them. She could not verify who I was and said that I was not who I said I was. As I was trying to ask how that can happen. She hung up. I called back and got a guy named, Ed. I gave him my name, and started to answer the same questions. I told him I just went through this process and could not be verified by the rude woman. I asked if he could see my name on the account at least. He replied that he could not see my account without verifying me. So then I mentioned that perhaps he was spelling my name wrong (my entire name has been spelled wrong my whole life).

He rudely replied that he it was spelled right because he could see my name on the account (That's not what he just said!). Then he proceeded to tell me he could not verify me and that the information I gave (like my husband's name and b-day and kids' names and b-days) were not right and that I could not be who I said I was. I started to ask how I can fix this situation, but he hung up on me. So I called back a third time and asked for a manager. It took awhile because the first lady wanted to ask me all the same questions again.

I told her I had answered all of those questions twice and was told I was not who I said I was. I finally got a manager who asked the same exact questions. I gave the same exact answers, and she accessed my account - finally. Hallelujah! She was able to help me, but why did it take so much time and so much frustration? I wanted to cry thinking that someone out there had become me. Or is that 2 out 3 people who work the Security Department cannot operate a computer? Can I really trust this bank with my money?

Had a fraudulent charge against my MC card a year ago. Was out of the country at the time and couldn't/didn't challenge the charge in time. Had to suck it up but cancelled the card. I keep receiving bills for new charges, which I deny and reiterate the card has been cancelled. Again and again! Even in writing. No joy. Today, another charge for $300+ and, when I called to deny the charge, was told I had to pay. The supervisor wouldn't even give me his name for my record of the call. The company is totally, insanely incompetent and venal. Will invest in a lawyer Monday. Words to the wise, STEER CLEAR OF USAA CREDIT CARDS!!

Would not refund a large over payment. Gave me the runaround, hung up on me, kept me on hold 3 times. I called for over an hour each time and never resolved my issue!!! Worst company ever! I tore up their credit card!!! Rude representatives, horrible company!

I recently experienced a situation where a dishonest merchant tried to bill me twice for a purchase because "his bank did not pay him." USAA provided no help whatsoever from the fraud department and the dispute resolution process is also shaping up to be a stonewalling exercise. A credit card company is supposed to provide us a degree of protection from these problems. USAA is not doing this and is part of the problem. VERY POOR SERVICE!

I got a new credit card from USAA after buying car and home insurance with them plus opening a bank account - and was offered a special credit card transfer allowing me to transfer a balance from another card (Capital One) to the new USAA card interest free until June 2016. After 15 days - still no transfer accepted but USAA certainly charged me $3000 plus a $90 transfer fee on day two of the request. There is no way the transfer was completed 2 days after a request. And still, I owe Capital One $3000 as well as USAA $3000. This is beyond belief in 2015 where everything electronic can supposedly be accomplished. Of course Capital One is not at fault and USAA claims it isn't at fault. So the finger points right back to me as the problem.

USAA provides a simple wizard to answer questions to input to start the transfer. I answered the best I could based on info on Capital One site as well as providing my card number. Anything can go wrong with that wizard because it does NO error checking. The other strange part of the story is that Capital One only accepts mail to pay off the credit card - no electronic transfer is allowed. It sounds to me like both banks do not like to play nice with each other to the detriment of the consumer.

Horrible Customer Service!!!! I have a credit card with USAA. I have used it quite a bit and have been trying to keep it low. Recently, I decided to have the payments deducted from my checking account automatically. I started the process but then realized I had already paid for the month and needed to wait until the next month or I'd be paying twice. I CANCELLED the process. I randomly checked my checking account balance a few days later and noticed USAA had withdrawn the entire remaining credit card balance from my checking account, $408! I was livid! I called the following day to dispute it. They agreed it was a MISTAKE and they would refund the money but it would take ten days to return the money to my account! This may be policy but I was furious! I don't have $408.00 extra in my checking account!

I asked to speak to someone who could possibly get the money into my account sooner than that. She sent me to some executive supervisor. He was useless. He kept talking over me, wouldn't let me speak. Talking loud, not listening to me, basically told me I was screaming and it was my fault that I was charged the four hundred dollars. That I requested the payment, and to call back when I was ready to discuss a business matter with him and hung up on me. During this "conversation" I asked SEVERAL TIMES to speak to someone else. He told me there was no one else. Horrible customer service!!! I am a veteran. I assumed this organization was legitimately there to help veterans. I believe now that this is not the case at all. I also have my auto insurance with them. I will be canceling both as soon as possible.

USAA Credit Card Company Profile