USAA Credit Card

USAA Credit Card

3.7/5 (76 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About USAA Credit Card

USAA sells auto and property insurance to members of the U.S. military. The company has auto coverage options for all active and retired military personnel and their immediate family members. It offers several coverage and discount options for drivers, as well as their vehicles and passengers.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

USAA Credit Card Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAA Credit Card?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAA?

Original review: May 19, 2022

I used my card a few times and then it started to be declined. I would call and they couldn't find out why. They double processed my payment and took almost 1000 dollars more than necessary. Customer service was totally useless, card is an embarrassment to try to use.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

They have poor communication skills. They made me wait 1/2 hour to speak to an agent. The agent was very rude I could hardly understand her. She refused to accommodate me to the end. I could not remember my password number. She became irritated and betrayed me.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I have been with USAA for over 30 yrs. In the past month they have reported to the credit bureau I was $13 over my limit? Really? And also late back in 2015 & 2016? Is this a joke? Thank you USAA! And thank you for holding my payment for 7 days and making my payment late while I was on vacation!

Original review: June 22, 2021

I paid off a credit card 5 days ago. It is still not reflected in my available balance. This was done via the USAA app. They received the money 5 days ago and withdrew it from my bank account. Electronic transactions do not take 5 days. USAA is earning interest on payments made to them.

Original review: April 18, 2021

We had a $13,000 credit limit, on our USAA credit card. We paid $8500, on the card, and paid off 2 loans at USAA, after which they LOWERED our credit limit by $8000 and dropped our credit score 25 points!!! We had hoped to have an $8500 cushion, for emergencies. Had we known they were going to penalize us, we wouldn't have given THEM the money! Watch out people! You can't get ahead by paying your debts to USAA!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

USAA is second to none. They are always looking out for the best of their customers. They also have great reasonable rates. They always put the customer first.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

When I have a dispute, USAA always stands up for me, like when I got scammed by a Company for $1400.00. I also get points for my purchases which I really like, as I can use to buy stuff or pay down my balance.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

If I could rate them lower, I would. USAA will reduce your credit limit if you don't use their card often enough. Instead of rewarding you for using your credit responsibly and wisely they lower your available credit, which in turn raises your "debt to credit ratio" and lowers your credit score. You have to wait six months to request an increase to your credit limit and then they will do a hard pull on your credit. By doing this, it can once again lower your credit score. All this because you are being responsible with your credit. All the while insuring you that they are there for our Veterans.

Original review: July 31, 2020

There are virtually no rewards for use of this card. It's easy to use for online shopping and business however after having the card for 20 years, there should be a better reward system than a fraction of a percent for every dollar charged.

Original review: July 26, 2020

As a military branded company (for military members and vets), rates are decent but nothing better than what is available, it shines on needs of military members that are unique to its members. Deployment forgiveness, no charges for ATM both domestic and foreign. Minimal charges for purchases outside the US etc. The rewards are decent but again nothing so overwhelming good.

USAA Credit Card Company Information