Find a Credit Cards partner

USAA Credit Card

3.9/5 (315 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About USAA Credit Card

USAA sells auto and property insurance to members of the U.S. military. The company has auto coverage options for all active and retired military personnel and their immediate family members. It offers several coverage and discount options for drivers, as well as their vehicles and passengers.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

USAA Credit Card Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAA Credit Card?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAA?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I have been with USAA for over 30 yrs. In the past month they have reported to the credit bureau I was $13 over my limit? Really? And also late back in 2015 & 2016? Is this a joke? Thank you USAA! And thank you for holding my payment for 7 days and making my payment late while I was on vacation!

Original review: June 22, 2021

I paid off a credit card 5 days ago. It is still not reflected in my available balance. This was done via the USAA app. They received the money 5 days ago and withdrew it from my bank account. Electronic transactions do not take 5 days. USAA is earning interest on payments made to them.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2021

We had a $13,000 credit limit, on our USAA credit card. We paid $8500, on the card, and paid off 2 loans at USAA, after which they LOWERED our credit limit by $8000 and dropped our credit score 25 points!!! We had hoped to have an $8500 cushion, for emergencies. Had we known they were going to penalize us, we wouldn't have given THEM the money! Watch out people! You can't get ahead by paying your debts to USAA!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

If I could rate them lower, I would. USAA will reduce your credit limit if you don't use their card often enough. Instead of rewarding you for using your credit responsibly and wisely they lower your available credit, which in turn raises your "debt to credit ratio" and lowers your credit score. You have to wait six months to request an increase to your credit limit and then they will do a hard pull on your credit. By doing this, it can once again lower your credit score. All this because you are being responsible with your credit. All the while insuring you that they are there for our Veterans.

Original review: July 31, 2020

There are virtually no rewards for use of this card. It's easy to use for online shopping and business however after having the card for 20 years, there should be a better reward system than a fraction of a percent for every dollar charged.

Original review: July 26, 2020

As a military branded company (for military members and vets), rates are decent but nothing better than what is available, it shines on needs of military members that are unique to its members. Deployment forgiveness, no charges for ATM both domestic and foreign. Minimal charges for purchases outside the US etc. The rewards are decent but again nothing so overwhelming good.

Original review: July 25, 2020

USAA credit card (VISA) is the best card I have ever found. The people are friendly and very helpful. Plus their interest rate is the lowest of any card that I have ever compared, and I have looked into many over the past few years, and have not found any that even came close, both in interest and fine customer service.

Original review: July 24, 2020

If you're in or have been in the US military or a dependent of someone who served check out USAA. They're online banking at its best. Available 24/7, rebate ATM charges, and I've been in the physical bank once, the day I opened my account and even that wasn't necessary. Your accounts enjoy outstanding security and their rates on credit cards save you money, especially compared to non-promotional rates of nearly all other major including BofA, Citi, Chase, etc.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I've been with USAA for 30+ years, have excellent credit, and one would think that after that period of time USAA would progressively reduce my interest rate as a reward and incentive to continue with their service! I'm disappointed with this, and also with the decline in their service to its customers by automating their customer request for help by implementing an online auto-bot who is worthless!

Original review: July 18, 2020

I have a Checking account, Credit Card, and Auto loan with USAA. Each account has had great perks. I've never felt so taken care of as I do with USAA with any other bank I've had in the past. This month I had a $1200 balance on my CC and USAA didn't charge me any minimum payment due on my statement due to hard times during the coronavirus. I can call customer service at any time and any issue I don't understand is explained to my understanding. I can go on and on about how well taken care of I have been by USAA.

USAA Credit Card Company Information