2. Finance
  3. Credit Report Sites

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

Freecreditreport.com Reviews

Original review: May 23, 2016

While trying to be a financially responsible person and track my credit information, I opted for the 3 credit reports and FICO score option for the $39.95. While I was aware that this gave me access to the report for 180 days, what was not clear was the fact that you get access to that one day snapshot only. Meanwhile, on credit karma and other sites you can see your other three FICO scores. When I tried to address this issue I was given a runaround and they would not refund the money.

Original review: May 8, 2016

I went to freecreditreport.com and signed up for the 7-day trial for $1. I set an alarm on my phone to cancel my membership on day 6. On day 6 the alarm went off on my phone and I went to freecreditreport.com to cancel my membership. I signed into my account and went to go cancel and they asked me if I wanted to another week for one more $1. I said sure, another buck to see if my FICO goes up after paying off some credit cards. I looked at my checking account today and I see they charged me the $1 on top off another charge for $21.95. I call the number on the transaction and I get a lady from the Philippines. She states that she can see both transaction but the $1 transaction is from another website another free 7-day trial through Experian and that I never cancelled my original free trial within the 7 days and that is why I was charged the $21.95. I asked her if it was through a different company then why can you see the $1 transaction.

I politely explained what had happened and asked her for a refund. She declined and said that it was my fault because I didn't cancel within the 7 days. I asked to be transferred to the United States. They transferred me to another girls who said she was from Texas but had a strong Philippine accent. She stated that my accounts have been cancelled but she could not give me a refund because it was my fault that the account wasn't closed within 7 days. I asked her if she could refund the $1 on the new account and she said she couldn't. She could just cancel both of them.

So now I just paid $21.95 for a 1 month subscription that they just cancelled on the second day. And I paid $1 for a 7-day free trial that they just cancelled on the first day. I am going to dispute this to my bank and get these charges reversed. It is said that the way they are trying to stay in business is by screwing people out of one monthly fee. Very sad!!! Only a matter a time this business is going under.

Original review: April 4, 2016

I am a single mother looking to move into my own apartment soon. In order to do so, I went on this website which for a $1.00 didn't even give me my score!! (Scam number 1). So I went to the next step and got my $39.95 report from all three credit reporters. 8 days later I was charged 21.95 by Experian (second scam). I called the number that my bank statement showed for the pending transaction. I was so upset when I called in and an Experian employee stated to me that I cannot get my refund but I can cancel my membership.

"What membership?" I stated, "What membership?" "Your website clearly states "no hidden fees". Why am I being charged a total of $61.90 in less than 8 days." She stated that I had 7 days to cancel my membership. By retrieving my $1.00 credit report I automatically enrolled into a membership. I was furious and stated, "Cancel this scam of a membership I was auto enrolled in and never charge my bank card again." SCAM!!! SCAM!! SCAM!! They only monopolize off of people that are trying to better their lives. Evil!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

I filled out all of my required information to get my free Experian credit report. I did not sign up for their offered bonus. I was never able to view my credit score. That is what I needed to apply for a loan. Now they have all of my personal info and I have nothing.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2016

We went online in September to check for my husband's credit score. It offered a FREE credit report but needed a credit card to get personal information. HE NEVER agreed to pay ANY monthly contract; otherwise, he would have just canceled the request. He deployed overseas in October. Now, we are noticing two charges: 1 in December and the 1 January!? Why in God's Name would he want to be checking his credit score while he is deployed! Bad way of doing business. Never again will we visit these kind of sites.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freecreditreport.com?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2015

I was curious about my credit score. So I went to www.freecreditreport.com. I actually paid the extra money for all three credit reports. I tried to look carefully on the site for any recurring charges. Nothing appeared to be there. A couple months later, I had been charged twice for something from the site. I checked and they had set me up on Membership. I was buying a single pull of my credit reports for all three credit agencies, and somehow got put on a Membership. I then called to cancel and get a refund. They said "it was in the terms & conditions". After arguing and pleading, they only gave me back one of the charges. They have no problem plaster tons of huge graphics and ads during the process. However, they cannot put in a noticeable location that they are going to keep taking money from you. Seems like a scam to me.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2015

I am already a member and paying $22 per month. I was showing my brother and his wife who live overseas how this service works. Experian started charging my card for both, and when I discovered it few months later, they refused to credit me for charges neither I, nor my brother knew they are doing. They are a very unprofessional company.

Original review: July 25, 2015

The website is a scam. The questions were answered and the end result was simple - I could not gain access to a free annual credit report for all 3 bureaus.

Original review: June 30, 2015

I have been a customer for many years and they treated me like crap! Since around October of 2014 I have not been able to access my account with freecreditreport.com but officially contacted them through email back on April 11th, 2015. Since that time I have never been contacted and I have not been able to access my information on their site. Recently, I tried over and over again on automated site but failed every time and I called and called multiple times and worked with their phone techs and failed. Finally, today I was able to gain access because someone from their company said they cleared up some "duplicate" information that was causing me to not be able to access the site.

Even though the problem started last year I asked that at least I be credited from last April to now and this was rejected. The person on the phone said that since they have been monitoring my credit that I have to pay for it... I said "you maybe monitoring it but your system would not allow me to see it so I want it credited." And their response was no. So, I have cancelled my account with them because I do not wish to pay for a service that I cannot access!!! They very poor customer service.

Original review: June 24, 2015

This $1 credit report is a SCAM. In the front page they will say "You can check your credit report for $1", and people who wants to check their credit score for one time believes this is a one time charge, but somewhere in next page down in small fonts they say "After 7 days you will be charged $22." When I called immd after my card was charged, they said this fee was non-refundable. I told them "I already paid $1 to check my credit score and called immd even before my service for the month has started, so what's the deal in not refunding the money?" They said it's their policy.. Is it their policy to fool the customer & make money like this? I would have called it fair if I had called after a month, and they say no refund, but on the day the service started?? Absolute SCAM. Wish someone takes a note of all these complaints and do something legally to prevent people from falling into this trap.

Freecreditreport.com Company Information