2. Finance
  3. Credit Report Sites

3.8/5 (234 ratings)

About Freecreditreport.com

Freecreditreport.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freecreditreport.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freecreditreport.com?

Original review: June 8, 2015

Their website states for $1 you can get your credit report and FICO score. I entered my debit card info and received my credit report and credit score. However, when I saw my bank statement not only did they deduct $1 but also $39.95. SCAM!!!

Original review: May 11, 2015

Credit score is not accurate. My score was much lower than the one they stated on Experian. Cancelled ASAP. Will not do business with them again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2015

S-C-A-M!!! Google them & see that they HAVE been investigated by the FEDS & State of Florida attorney general for fraudulent practices! Wish I had thought to do that first :( They ARE part of EXPERIAN!! I SAY "BOO" TO EXPERIAN NOW TOO!! They LIE to you when you call! FURTHERMORE, they, like so (too) many other corporations now, offshore their call center to the Philippines, India...whatever. Yes, we are "GLOBAL" nowadays... but would you feed the neighbors' kids and not your own? WE HAVE TOO MANY AMERICANS OUT OF WORK!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2015

When I opened an account with freecreditreport.com I was supposed to have credit monitoring, up to date credit score and a monthly credit report. I called their customer service team regarding my account today because I have not received a monthly statement since November. The customer service team member advised me that the company was experiencing updates and that is why I have not received a statement for 2 months. I have some problems believing that it takes this long to do a system update unless they just have the worst IT staff ever. However, the system updates definitely didn't cause any problem with the membership charge being withdrawn from my bank account each month. I was informed that they could not refund the months of December, January & February regardless of the fact that the credit report was not provided.

After I was informed that there was nothing that they could do I sent an email to their customer service team explaining the problem and the issues with their horrible customer service. After a few days I received an email stating that I would need to mail a written request for a refund to a completely different department and would need to send a copy of my credit card statement to prove that the membership fees were deducted from my bank account. So apparently they have so many complaints that they have to have a completely different department separate from their company to handle the issues.

Secondly, why would I need to provide my statement to prove that my fees had been deducted by them each month? Since I had an account with them to receive a monthly credit report, would the deductions not be part of their records since they charged my card each month. So am I to believe that they have no way to verify that they charged my account each month. It must be due to those company-wide updates that has disrupted their computer records, right? So since I refuse to provide my credit card statement to them I will never see a refund.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

My husband and I signed up for FreeCreditReport for their free trial period to check our report, to see where we were at. That next day, we tried to cancel our membership. They had us on the phone for 30+ minutes and then sent us away due to a high volume of callers. This has continued on for days until this very day that they charged us the first fee of $14.99 and soon we will have the second charge of $14.99. I have sent their customer service e-mails to try to rectify this, but nothing. Poor customer service. Severe lack of care and support for their customers.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

I signed up for the one dollar free credit report offer. They adequately charged me the one dollar and warned me appropriately that I would have to cancel my membership within seven days to avoid further membership charges. However, they failed to wait the full seven days before trying to charge my account. My suggestion to anyone using this service is to cancel as soon as you receive the information you need. This way you will not run into the same problem. Then, it took over 30 minutes on hold two different times in order to cancel membership and resolve the issue.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

I signed up on Freecreditreport.com to access my credit report and thought I was only going to be charged for $1.00 charge that it stated for the trial membership when I went on there and looked at my report. I was given all 3 reports and I didn't think anything of it. Nowhere did it state that I would be charged $32.95 for looking at this report.

I pulled up my checking acct, as I used my bank card to pay what I thought was only going to be a $1.00 to see that they had indeed charged me the initial $1.00 and there was a second charge that I didn't approve or know was going to happen of $32.95. Had I known they were deceitful, I would have never signed up for their company. I immediately called customer service and asked what the charge was and was told I accessed the 3 reports. I told the guy I never approved it and never saw on the site that where the charge was stated. He basically told me I couldn't get my money back so I canceled. What a shifty company. Don't ever sign up for them.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2015

Absolutely disappointed with the predatory practices of Experian Consumer Direct and their counterpart FreeCreditReport.com. Beware, nothing is free and they'll use your information without your knowledge. A ridiculously long wait time to speak with a human being in another country and then even longer to get to a supervisor. I'm aware they have scripts to read from but do they receive special training to make their apologies sound so hollow and disingenuous. Whilst I had no intention of keeping the product Jen#** and Amber #** did not do a good job of improving my perception of these companies and their practices. If you have the option, avoid these companies.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2014

I tried and ended up with a request for credit card info. I called and was told to go to MyCreditReport.com. I did so and ended up with a request for credit card info. What part of FREE don't these folks understand. Now I am blocked from Transunion and Equifax due to trying and failing to get the information. These folks are really dishonest and scammers. Result, I can't get the reports that I am guaranteed by law.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2014

I signed for a test membership in August 2014. I was charged a monthly fee for August and September 2014. In October 2014, I contacted freecreditreport.com at the address I was supposed to contact, to request cancellation of my membership and a refund for the month. I sent in three separate emails asking for a cancellation and never had a response. I didn't notice the charges continued until I saw on my bank statement that there were charges in October, November, and December for $17.95 each time. I called freecreditreport.com and they said that they could cancel me for December and refund that month, but that I needed to contact customer billing about the other months. I requested the refund and they refused, stating that the membership entails being charged a monthly fee unless you request cancellation, so they wouldn't refund from August-December 2014. I replied that I had emailed, and sent a copy of one of the emails in my message, showing that I had indeed requested a cancellation in October, and that by following their stated rules - I deserved the refund for the months I was charged after I had already requested cancellation and was ignored.

They wrote back that they were reviewed what I said, and still no. I asked for a supervisor's number, and that message was also ignored. I emailed twice asking for a supervisor. They responded within 15 minutes to the first two messages, but when I asked for a supervisor, I still have not received a reply. I am extremely angry about their customer service. Following their stated reason as to why I couldn't have a refund for the first two months, I did the correct actions by asking for the cancellation and the last three months of October, November and December never should have been charged.

Freecreditreport.com Company Information