Disclosures
Chase Credit Cards

Chase Credit Cards

3.6/5 (609 ratings)

About Chase Credit Cards

Chase (NMLS #399798), the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co., offers loans for home purchases and refinancing in addition to its other financial services. The company provides home loans in every state and Washington, D.C., and its services are available online, through its mobile app, by phone and in person at more than 4,700 branches.

Chase Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: July 24, 2020

The United Explorer card. Up front, it's astonishingly good. Miles galore just for signing up! Why, you can find a flight that's practically free after spending the amount listed in the offer. My introduction to the card made me feel like I had stumbled onto something really good. But when Air Canada cancelled a flight I had booked to Europe because of Covid, and wouldn't refund the cost, things went downhill fast.

I filed a dispute by phone after purchasing the tickets in December, 2019, which Chase promptly misplaced. After not hearing from them, I called to find my account was two months delinquent and that they had not disputed the charge. I opened a second dispute. A few weeks later, I received a letter from Chase stating that since I had not provided substantiating documentation as requested, the second claim had been discontinued. What? No substantiating documentation was requested by them! I filed a dispute a third time after speaking with them, and the third time was golden. I received a refund.

But the damage from this string of ineptitude was devastating. My credit line on that card, and on a second Chase card was reduced because of my delinquency in paying the charge. From $22,000 to $2500 on that card, and from $14,000 to $6,000 on the second. Considering the yearly fee, a Walmart size credit limit is ridiculous for a business card. After numerous conversations with Chase employees, I got nowhere. In conclusion, the card is great, as long as you never need to use customer service or dispute a charge.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I have experienced good positive customer service since using the card, and appreciated the transfer balance option as well. The daily interest rate is high but similar to most other credit cards. Anytime I have called or chatted for an issue the Rep has been pleasant and helpful, resolving my issue.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Customer service and interest rate are great. They help with any concerns about fraud or missing cards. I've been with them for almost 30 years and trust them totally. I'd recommend them to anyone who needs a trustworthy credit card company.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Chase has been a great card service with a fantastic customer service. Fees and interests are nominal, but within range. No hassle when issues arise; mobile application is easy to use and transactions are done smoothly.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I really do like my Chase credit card and that I get 1.5% cash back on all my purchases. They make it easy to redeem the cash back and other rewards you can choose from. It's easy to pay your bill and their website is easy to use as well. Great job Chase!

Original review: July 23, 2020

My Chase card has been hacked 4 or 5 times and Chase caught it every time and contacted me. They would shut down that card and immediately send another one. One time this happened while we were on a cruise in Mexico and they worked with me to allow the current account to stay open specifically for the cruise company charges, and the parking lot charge near the airport. New card was at the house when we got home. Very satisfied!

Original review: July 22, 2020

I decided to use a balance transfer on my Chase Marriott Card. Biggest mistake ever. It was easy to get the money but what they said they disclosed and didn't make clear was that if you use your credit card to purchase items during the time that you have the balance transfer then your payments go to the balance transfer first and they can charge you interest on any credit card purchases for the month.

I had to call and lose my mind with them to have the finance charges taken off. The woman I spoke to did it and told me to call back for the last month that I used the card for purchases. So that is what I did tonight and the very rude manager said that the first manager should have never done it and refused to do it. He is sending it to be 'reviewed' and I will get a call in 7 - 10 business days. Why could one manager take off the finance charge and another one not? This guy wasn't going to budge. I have already taken away my mortgage with Chase, I will be cutting up this card and unfortunately my Southwest card after this horrible experience. And for those of you looking for the best card - Capital One all the way!!!!

Original review: July 22, 2020

I've been with Chase for 26 years & would normally have given them 5 across the board until a recent issue where I fell behind on 1 payment & tried to set up a payment plan & even though I have been with them for 26 years & had NEVER had a late or missed payment, they are unwilling to set up a payment plan with me. They are willing to defer payments for 3 months, with the finance charges still being applied yet not willing to do a payment plan & defer a $39 finance charge. Makes no sense to me. I do really like the rewards option that you can redeem it on Amazon. So except for this latest issue, I would otherwise highly recommend this card.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I really like the ability to combine points from many different cards seamlessly to apply them to whatever I want. Other cards have left me with small amounts that are not very useful, but small amounts from several cards adds up to a really nice points balance that can be used for virtually anything, with a particularly good value for travel when you combine with a premium level card. I do wish those didn’t have the annual fee of course but starting at $95 is not too bad overall. Statement credits are awesome when you are short on cash. I love my freedom bonus awards quarters, they can be a lot of fun to figure out ways of maximising points opportunities. Buying gift cards at various stores included in a particular quarter is one way to spread your bonus points further.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I do like the credit card, but several years back I had a problem. I paid my bill via phone on the date that it was due, and it happened to be a holiday, which I did not realize. They increased my interest rates, and I tried VERY hard to get this rectified and I couldn't. I even contacted my local Congressman and nothing could be done about it. I do not know why they would penalize me for having the due date on a holiday? A mystery. I have had the credit card for 43 years. Other than that I am satisfied.

Original review: July 21, 2020

What I like about Chase is their variety of rewards cards. I started with their Sapphire Preferred card and I always got comments on the actual weight and feel of the card. Loved it, but not the annual fee. The great thing was that Chase made it very, very easy to simply switch it to their Freedom card which didn’t have a fee. I did like that about Chase. Their online management tool is very professional, not as simple as Citi or Discover though. I would say their customer service makes up for it as I’ve been able to resolve any issues I’ve had by calling or sending a message online.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I've had the Amazon Chase CC for three years. It is amazing. 3% back on all Amazon purchases, 2% on everything else. I spend whenever I can with it. Customer service is responsive. The security is as good as the Capital One folks have. Easy to use, accepted everywhere. The rewards are just so good! Also, the website is really easy to use and it's easy to manage settings like alerts and other things. Lastly, it has some heft to it and makes me feel like I have a black card.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I have a Chase Banking account and the on-line services are excellent and they monitor my CC all the time and send me important alerts that I set up. I feel that

Chase is the best banking experience I have had in NYC.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I have had several credit cards with them for over 30 years. They have been very fair and have helped me get through some hard times, especially after I couldn’t work for several months. They refunded me interest payments which showed me they actually seemed to care and have my loyalty.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I have the Chase Amazon Prime card. The card gives discounts at Whole Foods and is redeemable on Amazon. I have 95% of my credit card spending on this card because the Amazon point accumulation goes really quickly when you put monthly expenses such as electricity, gasoline, etc. on the card. I could easily make this my only credit card. Chase has been friendly and responsive on the phone and their web access is superb.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Chase has a very good card with no fees. The website is very user friendly. I use the Amazon Prime card and easily recoup my Amazon fee with the rewards, not to mention the free shipping. The card also has excellent credit score information.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I have had very few problems with this card, even while traveling to C.& S. America for 18 months. Just had to remember to keep changing the travel notification online as we moved from country to country.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I have had many credit cards and I find that the customer service from Chase is far superior. They always make me feel as though I am special. They don't use "canned" answers and questions. There are no fees and I have never had any trouble signing into my account.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Card is comparable to an American Express Card when using for best rate for making purchases etc. Customer Service is also great in trying to help the Customer with request. This is what the client wants when having to make sure that the payment is paid and the payment will be submitted.

Original review: July 17, 2020

They watch my account and reported unusual activity to me. Since the activity was not mine they shut down the charge, closed that card and issued me a new card right away. I am very happy with the way they handled this fraud.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I recently got the Freedom credit card. Love it. They gave me 15 months without interest and $200 bonus if you purchase $500 in 3 months!!! That's super easy to do. You can manage payments through the app and set up auto-payments. I have bank accounts with them and it will make the payment process super easy.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I use a Chase Sapphire Reserve card and the rewards are really good. Although the annual fee is $450, I get $300 back after the first $3000 purchase every year. I take my rewards in cash, usually around $3,500 per year.

Original review: July 16, 2020

My Chase Visa cards allow me to accumulate enough rewards so that I can opt to have either a cash refund or gift cards or other methods of cashing in. I have never experienced any problems when dealing with their customer service. I really recommend Chase Visas.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Will not be continuing to use any Chase credit cards. I am extremely disappointed in my experience with Chase and their Sapphire Reserve Card. I booked a hotel through a third party company, Secret Escapes (SE), to visit Jamaica in late April. Due to Covid the hotel was closed during this time and my trip had to be cancelled. I tried to receive a refund from the company but they repeatedly stated that they act as a broker and that my contract is with the hotel. I confirmed with the hotel that they received no payment from SE and therefore SE is illegally holding my money for services they did not provide.

After exhausting my options of trying to work directly with the company, I filed a dispute with Chase. Without contacting me or validating any of the facts provided by SE, Chase closed the dispute stating it was a valid charge because I had cancelled the trip. This was of course blatantly false. After calling multiple times (twice where I was hung up on mid-call), I was informed that in order to reopen the case I would have to either mail or fax a letter stating my request to reopen the dispute. In addition to the letter explaining the situation, I provided evidence of SE’s terms and conditions stating that in the event a booking was cancelled by the hotel they would provide a refund and proof that SE did not pay the hotel.

I tried faxing 3 times but the number they provided did not connect. I then mailed the documents. After no word for two weeks, I called to check on the status. I was told the documents had not been received and to call back in a couple days. I did so, having to wait on a long queue to get in touch with someone. Again I was told the documents had not been received and to call back in a couple days. I then went into a branch to talk to a representative directly. After 2 hours, they were able to fax the documents on my behalf. A week and another phone call later, Chase finally reopened the dispute.

Two weeks later (and almost 3 months after the initial dispute was created) I received a response from Chase stating that while I may have a valid complaint with the merchant, this is not a billing error and concluded the charges were valid. However I was not claiming that this was a billing error, I was disputing on the grounds that this was a fraudulent charge for services not provided. Other credit card companies found similar cases with SE as fraud and returned the money to their customers. With the amount they charge for this card and the fact that it is supposed to be a travel card marketing perks of travel protection, I am less than impressed and will be looking for alternative options once my annual fee is up.

Original review: July 7, 2020

Warning! Chase Bank will charge you for fraudulent purchases made on your account. Beware! Take your business elsewhere. Chase Bank is trying to make me pay for a $1,200 fraudulent purchase on my account. I alerted them immediately to the fraud. They temporarily removed it from my account, but then after doing an “investigation” they say I “benefited from the transaction.” Utterly false. This charge was made at a store that I don't even shop at. Chase has provided no information to support their decision. When I try to call them and speak to a manager with authority they refuse to escalate the call. The employees are completely unhelpful and useless. Every one associate tries to transfer it to another department. I have spoken with the fraud department, the payments department, customer service and collections. Every department refuses to help.

I think the retailer pushed back on Chase because they didn't want to eat the big charge-back and Chase is trying to push this back on me. I think they are trying to preserve funds to offset COVID-19 losses. They are in violation of the law and they don't care. Do yourself a big favor and close your accounts with Chase if you are an existing customer. This could happen to you too! There are numerous good banks around that are honest and operate in good faith, Chase Bank is not one of them. Avoid Chase at all costs.

Original review: June 30, 2020

My mother has memory issues and had a magazine company charging her 300 dollars every 2 weeks for magazines. We called Chase reported the fraud and the took off all the charges while they investigated. After a month they sent a letter and a bill for all the charges. She responsible for the charges. I sent multiple emails with all sorts of information about the fraudulent company. What a joke. Very disappointing.

Original review: June 1, 2020

I have contacted Chase Card Services (for Amazon Prime Visa) through Chase Message Center on multiple occasions to prove to them that I am an Amazon Prime Member, but I am still not getting 5% cash back on my Whole Foods Purchases (only 3%, which is for non prime members). I had attached a screen shot from my amazon account showing the last 4 digits of my card number and proof that Amazon knows I should be getting 5% back on Whole Food Purchases (as well as Amazon purchases). I am getting 5% back from Amazon purchases, but not Whole Foods. I spend hundreds of dollars a month at Whole Foods and have been losing out on what I was promised since January. I have interacted with no less than six people at Chase and none of them seem to get it that the issue is on Chase Bank side!

Original review: May 29, 2020

My experience with Chase Amazon’s Visa & Sunoco Shop. On Dec. 15 2019 places order thru Sunoco Shop for Fireplaces $149.00 online with Amazon. Dec 17 2019 I canceled My order due to I lost my Jobs. I contact Sunoco Shop by email @ Amazon to cancel orders. Buyers please beware with Sunoco Shop thru Amazon. The seller Sunoco shares with me he shipped orders already. Now Amazon & Sunoco Shop delivers date was scheduled to arrive Dec.27 2019. I never received electric fireplaces and never signed for items. I lived in Condo you must contact me to be buzzed in to Condos to signs for items. I have been emailed, writing, telephone calls since Dec. 31 2019. I received three credit to my Chase Amazon Visa Cards. Well you thinking it’s all over . On April 09 2020 my contacts was charged again $149.00 plus interest. Chase VISA Amazon

Sunoco Shop are thieves. I have never received a copy of my signed signature from Sunoco Shop or Amazon delivery Company. I will never paid for something I didn’t received. 0 ⭐️ . I will contact BBB with my dispute & frauds correspondence letters emails with Chase Visa Amazon & Sunoco Shop Company. Buyers beware Chase Visa Amazon are also thirds party Company otherwise known as thieves

Original review: May 14, 2020

First you get Philippines, then Illinois, then India and back to Illinois. What a joke! There is a reason for their one star review. If there was zero star would give it to them. About once a year there is a bogus credit card charge on my statement and cust service can't provide more info like phone number or address. But if you deny claim innocence, account and you have to contact all vendors with reoccurring charges and update them.

They can't provide any address or phone number of the bogus charge. The merchants should be forced to provide more details other than some acronym, city and state! Why can't Chase force them to provide more info! If you tell Chase you didn't make the charge they immediately close the account, put a security hold on your card! Dispute dept quick to call it fraud and transfer to security to close your account! Why can't dispute dept research the vendor and provide more information like phone number and address!!!

Original review: May 5, 2020

Recently our credit cards were stolen and fraudulently used. It didn't take long for us to catch on because I began getting alerts on my phone within hours. We immediately began cancelling all of our cards which was time consuming because this just so happened right at the time when everyone began shutting down due to covid-19 but we got it done. All of our credit cards promptly removed the charges from our account except one. Chase bank. They sent us a letter claiming that we gave this criminal, who is currently in jail because they caught him within 24 hours, authorization to use our cards.

When I tried calling the number on the back of the letter to discuss. I got a recording saying they are not answering the phone and to leave my name and number and the fraud department will call back. Did that. No call back. No way to reach anyone to resolve. Everyone using covid-19 as a piss poor excuse for piss poor customer service. You can't catch a virus over the phone. But I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to call if I simply stopped paying the bill. We have been a chase customer for over a decade. We have one incident and they don't have our back. Steer clear of Chase. They will stab you in the back first chance they get. If you want a good credit card, go with Discover. Good, no nonsense, customer service.

Chase Credit Cards Company Information