3.76/5
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Chase Sapphire Preferred

Chase Sapphire Preferred can help you earn points towards travel and dining. Read more Chase Credit Cards reviews to learn about other Chase credit cards.

17 Chase Sapphire Preferred Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 27, 2018

Have had this card since 1999, used as our primary card and have had numerous trips using it. Customer service worldwide is great but interest rates are awful, never run a balance on it!!!

Original review: April 27, 2018

Initially I liked the travel service. It was very boutique in style, very customized, very helpful but now it is very ordinary. In fact travel with American Airlines is fine. Customer service personnel are helpful and want to satisfy the customer. And I pay a fee for using their devices to make flight arrangements.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 26, 2018

The hotels and flights are mostly teasers as to utilize our lots of restrictions (travel dates) and that is not how I travel. If you are a traveler that has set locations you want to visit and set cities you want to stay in...then chances of availing of flight and hotel deals are slim... If you are a traveler that will take whatever opportunity is provided...then is perfect.

Original review: April 25, 2018

It's really good but if you don't mind $150 fees, Chase Sapphire Reserve is better than this as they give $300 travel credits back and 3 points for Travel/Dinner for every dollar spent. Compared to Chase preferred $95 annual fee (waived first year), you get 2 points for Travel/Dinner.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I got the card to try for a year for free to see how I liked it. I ordered the card and they took their sweet time getting it to me so I missed using it on a big ticket item that would have given me triple points. Not wanting to pay interest charges I would prepay some of the balance before the due date. One time I made a payment of 50% of the balance, then after some maneuvering I realized I could afford to pay more off so I went to make a second payment of the same day. It wouldn't allow me to do it. I called customer service and told them what happened and asked if there was a program glitch. She said no.

She really didn't have any answers just, "That's the way we do it." I decide that Chase Sapphire wasn't customer oriented, they should want to make things as easy for me as possible and that didn't seem to be a priority so I canceled the card about 50 days prior to the end of my year trial period. As far as other perks I didn't notice me getting any or people telling me I qualified for them. To me it was a credit card that cost "X" number of dollars, was more difficult to pay off and didn't justify its price over a credit card that was free.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Sapphire Preferred?

Original review: April 24, 2018

I am someone who uses the card and lets the miles pile up without paying much attention. After difficulties trying to use the miles to buy airline tickets, and with the new cost that has been added to the use of miles, I don't expect much anymore. I did, however, use the miles to upgrade to business class on a recent trip to Asia and it would have been a grueling trip if I had had to fly Economy.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Love this card. Easy to transfer airline miles. The customer service is excellent and the bonus alone is worth getting this card. I have 5 credit cards and this is my main card.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Lots of rewards points, easy to use the point and travel points get accumulated faster. Interest rate is not much and gives more points or reward when used for travel on the Chase site.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Airline points required to travel with Chase are about double Citibank AAdvantage. Switched to Citibank because the points required to travel are much lower. Very disappointed.

Original review: April 20, 2018

With this card, you can transfer points to several travel partners for flights, hotels and rental cars. Often it is better to transfer to partners and book directly from them.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I have not used the Chase Credit Card yet, but I would like to try it by any chance, so please let me know how can I apply for it to give my actual experience of it. Thanks.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have had superior service and courtesy from the Sapphire people, and the perks that came with the card are much appreciated by me as a 15x per year traveler. But I wouldn’t do this care at the interest rate if I didn’t pay it off each month. It’s pretty exorbitant for all those free perks (wink).

Original review: April 17, 2018

Interest rate is way too high and benefit doesn’t outweigh the cost. This was an awesome idea when Amex had the points. Can’t begin to explain how you are ripping people off.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Southwest Rapid Rewards via the Chase Credit Card program are the most generous, excellent earning options via purchases, hotel stays... Sometimes there are even double point promotions with certain vendors. Couldn't be happier with it.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I enjoy using my Chase Freedom credit cards very much. I lost one at the grocery store and it did not take Chase Bank long at all to send me a new credit card. The card I use most often has 7% interest rate so I certainly love that very much.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Chase charges a late fee & interest on the day the payment is due at 12:01 am. That's outrageous. You can call & they reverse the charges because they received your payment that same day. But it shows as a fee was applied to the account. Illegal and unethical.

Original review: April 13, 2018

There should be more airport lounges in the network for priority pass. I have had the credit card for several years and never able to enjoy a participating airport lounge.

Chase Sapphire Preferred Company Information