1.80/5

297 Apple Store Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

Told be $100 cost to repair and lied. When spoke to manager he said he gave you wrong information, and he refused to do anything to help and was rude and mocked me for not knowing better. Never buying Apple again. They have gone downhill.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Apple store worker stole my phone. Complain.

To Whom It May Concern:

On January 22 2019 I came to the Apple Store locating at Des Peres MO 63131 on West County Mall. I wanted to change my iPhone 7+ on newer iPhone XR. The sale woman who take care of me check my phone and said that my phone cost $200 and she make exchange toward my new iPhone XR left over balance. She explained that my phone they going to send to ATT and then she brought a lot of paper and said I have to sign them because in these papers the sum of payments for each month is divided for 3 years. Then she take me to another table where another salesman was helping other customers besides me.

In my case he helped me transfer all my information from iCloud to my new phone. That saleswoman when she took me to another salesman asked me take out my old phone from the case because it's very tight and she was afraid to break it so I took my old phone from the case, screen protection and gave my old phone to her. In that time I had my purse and my new phone in the box because they don’t have any bags to put my merchandise.

On March 8th 2019 I received from my ATT provider text message saying that they still did not receive my old iPhone 7+ that's why I went to Apple store to find out what’s happened. I spoke with Apple store salesperson explaining about that day on January 23 I came to exchange (trade) my old phone for new one and about that sales lady who told me she’s going to send it to ATT and I mentioned him that I spoke with ATT and they never receive it, so I ask him I need tracking number from them to give it to ATT. Him and the manager (Tim **) went on the back to check the video and see what happened with my phone.

After a while the manager (Tim **) came to me with a red and angry face. He jump on me with his voice and blame me that I took the phone and on video showed that I putting that phone in my purse. I was shocked for that blame because I put in my purse just case from my old phone which that saleswoman asked me to take out before she took it. I asked the manager (Tim **) if he looked in her hands when she was leaving from me but he was so rude saying he did not see anything. He was mentioned her name, her name was Cherell. I asked him to spell her name but he refused to do that. I told him I’m not going to leave like that and I’m going to go to police which his answer was “do whatever you wanna do”.

So I went to police and told them what happened, they opened case (**) and policemen name was William ** DSN 210 phone # is (314) 835-6202 ext **. I never thought it would come to me in a place like this to be deceived as a child. After that I had a very heavy residue. Me and my family have great story with Apple products since the release of the first iPhone.

Sincerely, Olga **

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I have had 2 surgeries on my ankle and foot. We found out the Apple Watch has fall detection, so my daughter told me to apply for an Apple Credit Card. My daughter is 17 and graduating with honors in May. All she wanted for a graduation present was an iPhone 8 Plus, MacBook Pro and I needed an Apple Watch since I’m prone to falling. So I figured I would apply for the credit card and get what she wanted and what I needed. However, due to the government shutdown and my surgery I was off work and some bills went unpaid for a minute or were late. Still I tried to get the card so I could pay the items off a little at a time through payroll deductions and reward my daughter for her hard work. Wrong! Apple products are not for single parents. We can’t afford it upfront and Apple has no program for people who can’t get a credit card.

So a coworker told me about a company named PerPay. We can order whatever we need and it’s taken out of our paycheck a little bit at a time until paid off. Apple doesn’t offer anything like this to regular customers. Everybody I know feels like Apple products are only for the rich people who have good credit. Regular people just trying to have a treat once in a while need to look somewhere else because these products from this company are out of our reach. The price wouldn’t be a problem if there was a program to help us get it. But sadly there isn’t so as usual, we will sit on the sidelines and watch the rich people enjoy nice things. We’ll just continue to watch the unboxing videos on YouTube and dream about what could have been. It’s ok, we are use to big companies designing everything for the rich. It’s the American way.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I took my girlfriend's Apple 6s Plus to the Apple repair shop. The sims tray would not go into the phone. They took it backroom and returned 2 minutes later. Say it could not be fixed. We would have to purchase another phone for $329.00. I questioned the employee and they never opened the phone up to see if it could be repaired. They just wanted to sell another phone. I then took the phone to a repair shop called uBreakiFix. They took one look at it and said it has the wrong sims tray in it. We switched sims trays and it was up and running. Apple stores will rip you off!!!

Original review: March 23, 2019

Don't buy AppleCare. They don't cover anything and will go round and round and put the defect on you. We had a MacBook Pro and we were told that the battery was faulty and swelling. The store sent it to the depot and after talking to the customer care, they said that they will not cover the battery because they have to change the entire keyboard and it will cost $1400. We talked to a Asian guy who was an expert on finding fault with us and putting the repairs on us when we had a AppleCare coverage. He talked like he was paying out of his pocket. They make us buy AppleCare and when we need it they refuse to pay.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: March 21, 2019

I bought a MacBook Pro Retina, and the screen had white spots and Ghosting/Burning issues. I contacted Support and due to the age of the device they claim that since it's not under warranty they will not fix this issue.

Original review: March 13, 2019

My cousin in Australia bought me an Apple watch with CELL data option as a gift. Before buying the phone, he checked with a sales agent in Apple Store in Sydney to make sure the watch would work in USA. And he was told ‘YES’ by the sale agent. So during the trip to USA, he gave me the watch. I brought the watch to a local Apple store and was told that the watch built for Australia would not take the CELL signal in USA. I asked a manager in the store to exchange to the USA Apple watch and he refused because this was bought in a different country.

I called Apple Customer Care number and reported the issue and would like Apple allowed me to exchange the USA Apple Watch, so that I didn’t have to send back the watch to Australia. After several weeks of calling back and forth to find solutions, Customer Relations Agent told me that I had to send the watch back to Australia at my own expense and they would not allowed me to exchange to a different working watch.

This is horrible. It is obvious Apple fault that it didn’t train its sales agent in Australia to know that the watch it built in one country would not work the same for other countries. Or the sale agent in Sydney lied to customer just to get the product sold. Instead of apologizing consumer for all the inconveniences it caused and replaced a new watch for me, Apple Customer Relations agent asked me to send the watch back to Australia at my own expense. This is terrible policy by a big company like Apple to aggravate its loyal customers and not stand behind their product. I had to pay a high cost to send the watch back to Australia, of course I had to send it by certified mail to prevent losing the watch. It also angered my cousin in Australia that his gift was sent back because Apple would not help their customers. And he said he and his family would never buy any product from Apple again.

After this experience, I think that it’s time for me and my family to stop using Apple products. In fact, to me Apple products such as phone, watch and tablet are not very user friendly like Android products, but they’re made by American company, so I buy them to support it. But the company does not treat its consumer nice like other American companies do. So bye-bye Apple.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I placed an order for a refurbished MacBook Pro, they withdrew the money right away. Then they changed the delivery date 3 times pushing it to 8 days later. On the delivery day I checked again the status of the order and it said Order Refund issued. I got no notification, nothing. Useless tech support told me that I will have my money back in 3-5 business day. So Apple took and kept my money for almost 2 weeks and I got no computer anyway at the end. Though they offered me a $200 discount on a new machine that is way more expensive than the refurbished one. I guess they only want to sell new computer at a ridiculous price.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Apple product purchased from third party are still covered by 1 year warranty which does include hardware coverage, but Mr. Chard at Apple Store WTC stated this is not true if I purchase it from a third party, it is unacceptable you have such incompetent employee working for you. When being asked to advise regarding a cosmetic damage, even if you're not sure if it is caused by me or directly out of box, you should never say "we are not responsible for that anyway".

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I bought an iPhone 8 Plus from Apple store. But I cannot agree to terms for Sprint. I have spent 2- days trying to correct this problem to no avail. The support team is terrible, Apple will not ship phone till I agree terms and conditions. So in 5 days the order will be cancelled. After this ordeal my next cell phone will not be an iPhone. This company stinks. The company is too big that they don't care about the customer. This company SUCKS!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Made an appointment for a repair. Phone returned and it was not repaired. Employee took the phone and two hours later returned from the back room giving me a new iPhone. What the employee failed to do is review with me the back up procedure. Apps were not backed up along with contacts, etc. After several calls to Apple, I was able to retrieve most of the information, but every app had to be logged in again with new passwords. Returned to the Apple store and although they admitted their mistake and gave me a very experienced tech person, the supervisor never once apologized for the mistake or the inconvenience their error caused. Buyer be aware the level of expertise in Apple stores varies. Genius Bar, not in my opinion. My opinion was also acknowledged by an employee in the store. I will request an experienced and knowledgeable person when I return to an Apple store.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

When I shifted from 30 years as a PC user to Apple in 2011, I realized it was a different culture enshrined in the Apple Store where people actually want to help you free of charge. I have never been disappointed when I went with a problem.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I’m a long time user of Apple products, but recently hearing that they are lagging behind other brands and manufacturers... and even other ‘die-hard’ Apple users are talking about switching to PC - which does not bode well for the future of Apple. The few occasions I have had to use the Apple service/stores, I have had very prompt and pleasant results. My MacBook laptops have outlasted my PC laptops by a considerable margin.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I trust the Apple ecosystem for apps as they do a great job vetting the apps. Their product work perfectly - solid performance and reliability. I would prefer the product costs were lower but then you get what you pay for.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I have had an iPad and iPhone of a long time. Recently upgraded both and handed down the old iPad to my daughter who absolutely loves it. Service is pretty good too. When we rarely have a problem with our equipment the techs at the store take care of it with their knowledge and with a smile. They never make us feel dumb.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I love the Apple ecosystem... when it works! Their Apple MacBook is a pleasure to use, upgrading the software is a breeze and the reliability of the hardware is great. My only real issue is iTunes. I have a permanent battle with this system. I think I have spent about 6 months in total on the phone or chatting with Apple trying to resolve issues. This is a VERY fragile piece of software that is always going wrong. Maybe it is partly the fact that I originally had it set up on a Windows computer. I have now moved my iTunes to my MacBook so maybe I will have better luck with this arrangement. Watch this space!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

The Apple products I have serve me well. They are easy to use, attractive. They are usually durable and I am careful with them. They interface with everything I need. The only downside is They are rather pricey.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Every time I got to the Apple Store I leave content with their service. I took my Apple Watch Series 1 that I bought on the day it was available to buy (over 3 year). I was ready to fight because the back came off just like that. They reassured me they’ll find a solution. Well they ended up giving me a repair at no charge as long and it wasn’t damaged because of use. Well 3 days later I got a call to come pick up my watch. They said they just sent a brand new one instead. That’s good customer service right there. They might had made an exception too because this was an issue they were aware of and extended the warranty to 3 years, I was really close (not really) to the 3 year mark. I’ve had many good experiences but this is just one of them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

It has been impossible to change my password for the Apple Store. When I requested a phone call, I immediately wrote in the six digit code, it was deemed incorrect twice, then I was no longer allowed to receive any codes. So frustrating since I don't have a text service right now. I am ready to ditch my Apple loyalty and start purchasing Huawei.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

1123 of 2018 purchased two iPhones are new and we were supposed to get a refund and total of $178. Unfortunately in the FinePrint that is not so we got those gift cards for only the app store and iTunes music which I never use and I asked them at the Apple Store if that refund from the phones will be used at any Apple store and they promised and guaranteed me that’s why I purchased those darn phones. Unfortunately again I was going to use that refund to purchase a new Apple Watch but buyer be well don’t trust Apple.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

New smartphone owner. Took over my sons iPhone. He recommended I take it in before the end of the year because Apple had been caught cheating customers with batteries and they were offering $29 batteries to replace the bad ones through the end of the year. They took my iPhone to the back so a technician could change out the battery. I had to wait 2 hours for the "appointment" and another hour for the expert to change the battery. They not only broke my phone so I can't even turn it on but lost all my pictures I had taken over Thanksgiving and Christmas. They offered to replace the phone and I may take it back to exchange but not until I attempt to get a qualified technician to attempt to retrieve my photos.

The customer service rep was condescending, telling my 21 year old son, that she "has the feeling he understands" what she was trying to explain to me. I understood, I just wanted them to explain how a tech company can screw up perfectly good technology and then just say oops. If they are so technically proficient then why can't they change a battery out without permanently damaging a phone. I won't be replacing any future phones with Apple phones. My tech son uses a Galaxy phone now anyway because he didn't like the control freaks at Apple.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Switched to AT&T in July and bought an iPhone from them. The first week of October the phone would not turn on. As the phone was still under warranty I made an appointment at the Genius Bar at the Twelve Oaks Apple store. It was Sunday October 7th and the store was packed. Making the appointment was of no use as I waited well over an hour past my appointment time. The tech who tried to help me was very nice, but he had no luck getting the phone to turn on either. After several tests he admitted that the phone was defective and that he would get me a new phone.

A little while later he came back and said that my particular phone was (red) not in stock at the store. He tried all the stores in Metro Detroit and there were zero red phones. He said it would take 5 days to get a replacement. By now it was well over two hours past my appointment and I was pretty upset. I planned to go out of town that week and couldn’t do it without a phone. I asked for a different color phone but was refused. Especially since it was a new phone and still under warranty which had stopped working for no fault of mine.

The store manager came and spoke to me and said the tech would call the Apple Service for me and get a phone shipped to my home as an express service. He explained that I would have to give my credit card info so a hold could be placed until I shipped back the defective phone. The tech placed a call and ordered the phone for me. A couple days later I got the phone in the mail and all was well. I shipped the defective phone back and got an email confirmation that it was received. I thought that was the end of the matter. However I am now being charged $600 for the replacement phone!!! If they had not mislead me I could have gotten my phone replaced with AT&T at no charge as I subscribed to their protection plan. I am very disappointed and disillusioned by Apple products, Apple store and online service. Terrible experience all round and expensive too!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

My teenage daughter bought a refurbished iPhone 7 from the Apple Store website with a 1 year warranty the end of October with her own hard earned money from her summer job. Within two weeks she realized the back camera and flash did not work so requested a return authorization to repair. They are now refusing to repair the phone because upon inspection they found 3rd party parts in the phone and they only use "genuine Apple parts". Well apparently not if there are 3rd party parts in the phone that you sold her.

They are wanting her to pay more money to repair it. When I asked them if they inspect and repair turned in phones before they resell them the answer was yes and they only use "genuine Apple parts". She had the phone less than 1 month, purchased it from Apple and they won't fix it. I will never give this company 1 penny and I am submitting a report to the BBB today and leaving an honest crappy review everywhere I can find to leave a crappy review.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I am researching something besides Apple. I have been three times now to the store for service. After ten years of total loyalty I am bailing out. Waiting a week for service is not my cup of tea. Perhaps Warren Buffett's confidence in Apple is misplaced.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

My son wants to buy a iWatch for me as a gift. So I went into the store to learn about features and benefit as well as picking up color and style of the band. I walked into store but no one paid any attention to me. I then located a table with iWatched. An Apple employee was standing by the table. I

Asked if he could help me. He said he was there to help. But as I asked my question he would started addressing other people’s questions in the middle of my sentences. This went in for a while till I got fed up.

I then asked someone else’s for help and she called another person and said he is the store manager. I told him what I tried to do and also related my unpleasant experience. He was not a bit apologetic. Instead he told me the employee at the iWatch table is not there to help me. It’s not his job and he did not do anything wrong. I told him that did not appear to be the case as he helped everyone else but me. The manager just gave me a short answer ‘it’s not his job’ to whatever I was saying. I was frustrated at his apparent stonewalling and I said that I don’t understand what was the reason that he put everyone else ahead of me. Is it the way I look or the way I speak?

At that point the Mgr. yelled at me and told me not to go there. I did not quite understand what he meant. Before I could respond he went on to tell me that I should have first asked one of two employees at the entrance. I told him I did not see anyone and that’s why I wondered to the iWatch table. By that time he was even more hostile. He said they ALWAYS have people at the entrance. That really angered me I said, "Now you are accusing me of lying?" He then said very coldly “Do you want someone to help?” And he was ready to walk away. I was angry but I drove all the way from PA and I was afraid that if I continue to question him he would call the police on me. So I swallowed my anger and say yes. He told me to stay in one place and wait. It took close to 30 min. before someone came by. This person is an older gentleman and he was very polite and helpful.

This is such an unpleasant experience in my 20+ years of shopping at this store. I am a loyal Apple devices user. Over the years I have bought multiple Airbooks, iPads, Apple TV and iPhones. In addition I bought them for my family members. This is such a shock. I think I expressed a legit concern and there is no reason for the Mgr to be so rude to me. I resent being treated so disrespectfully. I want to share with my fellow consumers.

The store is at the Christians small in Wilmington DE. And the store manager’s name is Shawn **. Please stay away from him. The time I shipped was around 1 pm on Tue. Dec. 11, 2018. Store was only about 30/40% of peak crowd. No reason to be so short tempered. It saddens me to see that a company that I held with such respect in both product offering and services had deteriorated to such level. I sincerely hope the Apple company will take this as a constructive suggestion and do a better job training their people, including managers.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I went to the Apple store in Naples FL, after backing up the phone and then deleting the data at home. They verified the phone information and then asked me to return after an hour. Upon return I was told that they found water damage and since there is a risk of battery fire they won’t replace it! I asked them to completely drain the battery and then replace it but they refused. Water damage in my phone is impossible because I have never dropped it in water and since this is an iPhone 7 it is supposed to be water resistant. Naples FL is a rich neighborhood with old folks where Apple make good money. I think Apple is playing cheap. So disappointed!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I Purchased an iPhone X and a few accessories like a Belkin wireless charging pad from the online apple store. iPhone X arrived DOA, simply would not turn on. I called Apple support and let them know the problem. They first tried to charge me to have the phone returned for repairs. I told them, "NO, This is a new phone that was DOA." They continued to try to get me to give them a credit card number and have me ship the phone to them for a repair. I said repeatedly that I was not only not going to pay for the service charge but that I also did not want a repaired phone. I purchased a NEW phone and wanted another NEW phone (not a repaired one) in return.

After about an hour on the call I finally insisted on speaking with a supervisor who after going through the same gymnastics said I was correct and I should get a new phone free of charge in return. I did have to ship them the phone, wait until they received it and verified it was their problem before they shipped out the new phone.

Now part 2, The wireless charging pad stopped working after about a month of use. The Belkin instructions says to return it to the purchasing store for replacement. I called Apple support and told them the problem. They sent me to a certified Apple repair store in my area for replacement. The store representative said that it’s not an Apple product and they could not do anything. So Apple is selling products in its store that it does not support and that cannot be returned regardless if they work or not. I will have to go through Belkin warranty services if I want any hope of getting some satisfaction. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FOR THE APPLE STORE AGAIN! And, I’m at the moment totally turned off all Apple products in general. What a horrible company!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

So I went to the Apple Store the other weekend to check out their new products and to identify what the differences between the iPhone XS Max and my current phone the iPhone 7 Plus (apparently there is no difference, but I had time to waste). As a result, I went to go fool around on their MacBook computers for a little bit until someone came over to serve me and ask if I needed any help. Instead, I was there for 3 hours with employees not discussing to customers, instead of debating amongst themselves and I was never asked even once if I needed help with anything. Such a dissatisfying time there. Some of the employees glared at me and did not come over to approach me. Inferior customer service and would not recommend anyone to ever go to the Apple Store 'cause their employees are ** and do not know how to serve people properly.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

This review pertains specifically to the Apple Store at La Cantera in San Antonio, TX -- as well as the Apple customer service available by phone. I purchased a new MacBook Pro 13" in 2017 and have had to have the battery/motherboard replaced 3 times. After receiving it back the third time, I was told the bottom half of the laptop had been replaced -- not only was the battery/CPU problem worse, the speakers were also buzzing.

The Apple customer support reps always refer you to an Apple Store support team in your area, but the Apple Stores always have limited customer service support reps available. Wait times are RIDICULOUS -- not to mention the wait times associated with service requests (5-7 days). I received an email today requesting that I call the Apple La Cantera team for info regarding my support request -- I sat on hold for 15 minutes without ever reaching a rep before the phone simply hung up. Apple customer support is literally the worst I've ever experienced -- I'd avoid buying any Apple products just to avoid the potential quarrelsome customer support experiences that might follow...

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I replaced iPhone 6s battery at Apple store. However battery was still draining very fast. After second battery replacement together with format & IOS reinstallation to eliminate software and battery issue, problem is still there. Apple store told me there is nothing more can be done and the only thing is to replace phone. As I left with no choice, decided to bring to a small phone repair shop. Turns out the shop can repair it immediately, stating it’s motherboard power leakage, apparently a common problem. Apple store is obviously ripping off customer. If Apple unwilling to provide repair services then say so, why bluff customer that it has to be replaced so we will buy another.

The phone was used 2.5 years only and bought it brand new. I searched and so many others around the world has the same issue. Seems Apple has serious product quality issue nowadays. On top of poor technical support capability. Why would I pay for premium Apple phone price, for a substandard product with lousy customer support? I am seriously think to no longer stay with iPhone for my next phone.

Apple Store Company Information