Apple Store
1.08/5
  • 1 star
Based on 34 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Apple Store

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 15, 2018

240 Apple Store Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

To start, I rarely write bad reviews, unless it is something that is just unbelievable and I know that as a result of company actions, or non actions, countless people are going to be treated poorly. The Apple at Soho. Years of bad behavior lead me to write this. To start, If I go to a store to shop I don’t want security guards eyeballing me to the point where they are waiting for me to pull a device off of a wire and run with alarms blaring. That’s not happening. Almost no one is doing that, so why is it that the same security guard stalks certain people in that store? I’ve purchased a phone, a computer, an iPad, iTunes cards all in front of this guy (because he watched every transaction AS I purchased as though my money was Monopoly money).

I walk in there and he follows me around and watches me while I am with product, or while I am sitting in the theater. He’ll literally turn around from whatever to stare at me, as though I am doing something wrong by looking at a product. It began when this one gay guy who appears to be a manager started getting mad that people weren’t listening to only him when he would give his “talks” in the theater area. Every now and then you’d get a homeless person or something that I guess would linger all day etc. That’s not my problem or anyone else’s problem. As a matter of fact, because of this guy's bad behavior, it spurred a decent Apple employee to speak up for himself one day and say, “I’m not going to be mean and kick anyone out of the theater. Everyone is free to stay if they’d like”. Apple was designed by the greatest innovator of our time, to be a comfortable open place to explore and then purchase after being able to spend time with a product.

Sometimes people come in and like to relax and hear what’s being said in the theater even if it doesn’t pertain to them and sometimes they do other things while listening. This is perfectly fine and has always been unless there was a real event going on. This clown set the tone to have people booted out and literally no one is “allowed” to sit in the theater anymore unless you’ve signed up for one of the basic talks. Not talking about an event. This is usually only between one and 5 people. So the theater just remains completely empty. They will walk over and ask you to leave. This guy thinks he owns the store. He is loud and obnoxious and always knows when certain folks enter the store. He is not conducive to the growth of the Apple vision. It’s like being on a public swing and you tell your friend and his friend to guard all of the swings and don’t let anyone swing until they are your friend. This guy ruins the vision the Apple every way.

There shouldn’t be a whole security detail in Apple. That’s just ridiculous and this Apple rep needs to be gotten rid of, simple and plain. The whole store is now, after undergoing his antics for so long, beginning to sour. The other workers who were once very pleasant are beginning to take on this ugly tone and the store is changing for the worse. I refuse to go back there and definitely won’t spend money there. These are kiddie, playground tactics, best reserved for wherever he came from. He needs to pull these games in his own circles, not in the most public and pleasant of all stores.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Two weeks in a row now I’ve been to the Apple Store to try to get my battery exchange. Due to their planned obsolescence... last week they have no batteries… This week the same. I have used their website to make an appointment with their “Genius” at their own facility. You would think they would send me an email or something to let me know that they still didn’t have the battery. So instead, I’ve driven twice, 35 miles each way in order to get a battery that didn’t exist. Something is going on bad with this company that are used to count on for good service… I’m about to go Android.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Apple Store Marlton, NJ 08053 - Six weeks ago I purchased the new iPhone X for over $1,000. I had issues from the first day with people calling me being unable to hear me clearly. I could hear them but they could not hear me or I sounded very muffled to them. I called Apple support, and on the phone they ran diagnostics but told me that I needed to make an appointment at the Apple Store. They informed me that at that appointment they would run additional diagnostics, change out the sim card and also test the phone with earbuds as well.

I made additional tests with my husband and we confirmed that I sounded very poorly, almost as though I was under water. The day of my appointment my husband and I went to the store. The technician ran diagnostics which did not show any issues but when testing the phone my voice sounded very difficult to hear and when I was on speaker phone my husband could not hear me at all. Despite these results the technician continued to deny there was any issue. We asked for a manager and he as well refused to run the additional tests we were told would be run by support and only kept repeating the phrase, I stand by my technician's results.

Frustrated we again told him that we wanted the additional tests run he refused and then also refused to give us his last name, refused to give us the name of the regional manager, and then threw us out of the store. Later, I called the store and asked to speak to a manager. This person also refused to give me the name of the regional manager, and told me," I don't have to tell you anything if I don't want to." This lack of professionalism and complete lack of any customer care has apparently become the new standard for Apple. I later called Apple support again and have now filed a major complaint with customer service. I will be surprised if I get a callback. So extremely sorry I left Samsung and went back to this horrid company's products. Never again will I recommend their products. As soon as I have the chance I am going back to Samsung!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Service is absolutely ridiculous. Waited 20 minutes before being told to wait a further 45mins to wait for a worker, there was plenty of workers working this current day and they were standing around talking and if they cannot sell the product themselves they shouldn’t be working at the store.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

So my Phone (iPhone 7) broke. Some sort of hardware issue. Not user related when phone was 20 days after warranty! Apple store didn't wanna help at all! They told me eat dust pretty much! I've owned iPhones since first iPhone came out. Now after this I'm looking into getting Samsung phone! Since Apple wants to charge $300 bucks for replacing a phone that had hardware issue and they don't care that phone is only 2 weeks past warranty!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

On November 17, 2017 I was trying to install Bootcamp on a Mac that was already upgraded to Sierra. During the install I must have done something wrong and it blew away the entire partition leaving nothing to restore from. So my only option was to do an Internet Restore. Unfortunately this put me at an OS that was what the original computer must have come with. I was directed to go the App Store and get Mountain Lion so I could upgrade back to Sierra. I paid the 19.99 and received an email to go to a link. I used my functioning desktop computer thinking I would get a .dmg or something. The link told me I couldn't download it on that computer. I assume because it was already on Sierra.

I turned around to the other computer, logged on to the link and it said I couldn't download it because I had already downloaded it. Unfortunately Apple charged my work credit card even though I never got it. And to make matters worse there was no receipt and I need one for everything I charge. At that point I decided to call Apple and see if I could get a refund since I never got the software. (I decided to go a different direction and gave up on boot camp.) What happened was an Apple customer service nightmare. Repeatedly being told I had the wrong department only to be transferred to another department that said they were the wrong department and I had to call an 800 number. I would tell them that was the number I called and the cycle would start over. I have been on this issue for weeks trying to resolve it.

Today after nearly an hour on the phone the (barely speaking English person) said Apple could not refund my money because I had already got the software. I was ready to lose it and say "what part of I never got the download do you not understand?" This results in "I'll connect you with someone who can help you." I've been through this several times before resulting in dropped lines and being told I have the wrong department. Today, nearly a month later I give up.

I'm astonished that Apple has no log of the transaction that shows their website wouldn't let me download the update. It says on the app store that I downloaded it. I have given up. It's really sad that this is not my personal money, it is the taxpayers' money. (I work for a public agency.) I will pay the 19.99 out of my own pocket to make sure the taxpayers don't get bilked by Apple but I'm going to seriously reconsider any further business with Apple.

Through all of this Apple never sent a receipt. We have strict rules about card purchases and receipts. The only thing that came out today's hour long discussion was I got them to send me a receipt. Apple should be ashamed. That they don't have a log on their website that show I couldn't download it and that they did not send a receipt after the failed purchase.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

My iPhone 6s battery was draining just with the screen on, I made an appt at the Apple store nearest me. I was 7 mins late because it took me 15 mins to drive the last 3 miles of my trip and my gps directed me to turn into a pile of rubble (construction). When I got there, I didn't know who to tell about my appt so I approached the first employee I found who didn't have a customer. I stood a respectful distance from her and waited patiently. When she finally deigned to speak to me, she said "Do you need something?" like the brattiest, snottiest, high school mean girl I've ever meet, I was taken aback but told her I had an appt for 4:15. She told me to sit on a crate and a technician would be with me shortly. I watched her continue to sit at her table, joke with other employees and do literally no work for over 40 mins.

My technician was nice enough (though he smelled strongly of cigarettes which was distracting and after an hour it started to make me nauseous.) This Technician seemed a bit lost, he tried to turn on one of the 'switches' on my phone by poking it repeatedly, when he stopped I slid it and turned it on for him, but he backed out of the screen, went back and it had turned off again. He tried analytics but it wouldn't sync or connect or whatever so he talked to a manager who told him to do two tests and then replace the iPhone. Once my new phone was all but done setting up he realized he hadn't turned Find my Phone off and so we had to wait for my new phone to finish before signing on with the verification to the iCloud. He didn't see the iPhone on the main screen and was flustered when his iPad still wouldn't let him turn my old device in.

He left for something and I reached over again and went to the iCloud settings to see if my old phone was there, it was so I deleted it in front of him and he still couldn't turn in my phone. He called his manager over. She determined that my serial number and the serial number he'd been working with were completely different and that was why my phone analytics wouldn't connect to his iPad. So they corrected the serial number and he went through the tests yet again. I saw on his screen it said Problem detected or something along those lines, but when I asked if he'd found anything wrong he said, "No, but we haven't taken it apart yet". Of course this was an hour and 40 mins after I'd arrived and I just wanted to go home, so I was relieved when he said I was good to go with the new phone.

But it was honestly painful to watch, I don't know much about the technical side of things but I do know you slid the 'switches' and you look at settings if you can't find what you're looking for on the homepage. I also know if something isn't working to double check the information I have. But I did get a new phone so I just hope this one works better than the last one. I did not like the attitude of the employee who checked me in, I was a tad confused by little gaggles of employees that seemed to congregate around one customer. Does it take 4 employees to help one person, honestly? I also hated getting there. I won't go back unless it's my only option but I'm grateful for the successful outcome of my visit.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

On Nov 16, 2017, Apple Online Store locked my iTunes account. I have NOT used the online store. Six days later the iTunes account is still locked. I cannot download or update apps, listen to music from the cloud or purchase anything through iTunes. I have spent hours on the phone with Jason, Parise, John, ..., Jason and @AppleSupport says there is nothing they can do! ("The Apple Online store is really just a different company.") Phone calls by me and Apple Support to 1-866-970-3764 ext 546715 apparently go unanswered. At one point I was told this was related to web orders ** and ** but I haven't made any web-orders.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

It’s ** ridiculous that you HAVE TO PAY IN ORDER TO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR HELP. I tried calling just now & it tells me that I have to pay for some stupid extended thing in order to talk to a representative for help with my phone.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

My iPad stopped charging, and I had to go to the dreaded Apple store. First you wait in line to get a text message that tells you they have lowered their standards and will stoop to actually talk to a lowlife like you about your problem. So you either hang around the mall for a couple of hours or you make two trips. When you get there and check in, various officious little snits will tell you that they will be with you in a minute—try 45 minutes or so.

In any other repair shop IN THE WORLD the customer would drop off the broken device which is under warranty and get a claim check and leave. Five minutes. Then the shop would call or text the customer so she could pick up her repaired device or the replacement. Ten minutes, for a total of 15 minutes. But not with Apple. My 15-minute errand took two and one-half hours because Apple HATES IT CUSTOMERS AND WANTS TO WASTE THEIR TIME! I love my iPad when it works but I will never buy another Apple product in my life. Never will I put myself in the position of having to go to an Apple store again.

To add insult to injury, when I complained about their customer service model, I was told that the reason there was no drop off service was that they had so many customers that they “would be swamped” if they did that. In other words, they cannot handle their customers’ legitimate warranty needs, they have no interest in hiring enough people to handle their customers’ legitimate warranty needs, and so they have intentionally slowed down the process and intentionally waste their customers’ time. Horrible, abusive customer service model, unconscionable wasting of your time, and arrogant, condescending staff. It’s a trifecta!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I first placed my order at 12:02 today, and it looked like everything went through. But it said that I'd receive an email from Citizens One verifying I'm approved and gave me a delivery date of 11/1. At 2:30 AM, Apple sends me the following email "There was a problem processing your application for the iPhone Upgrade Program or iPhone Payments with Citizens One because we were unable to verify your information. Please place a new order on apple.com." I then did place the order, but unfortunately it gave me a delivery type of 5-6 weeks in December. I have called numerous times and tried to get this resolved with Apple, but they closed down their inbound phone lines because it was so busy. Apple has always had the most difficult ordering system of any cell provider. I do like their product, but I certainly hate their customer service ability, and additionally, they make it very hard to speak to a manager that might be able to help me.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Went to the Apple store in San Jose, last week period we arrived 10 minutes late, due to traffic, they cancelled our appointment for us! It took us an hour to get there and an hour to get home. Made a new appointment for today. We waited about 30 minutes before anyone helped us! Did not know that we had to make two appointments to look at both of our phones. If you go to Apple Store without an appointment the wait time is 3 hours! We live an hour away! The person next to me had two computers, which both were looked at and fixed! It’s bad form! Was thinking about buying Apple TV, now I am not so sure!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

MacBook Pro battery swelled up forcing the case apart. I called the Apple Store in Farmington, CT and Apple Genius said "THEY DO NOT SUPPORT THE BATTERY OR LAPTOP AND THEY WILL NOT SELL ME A NEW BATTERY". I have big concerns after Apple recalled thousands of laptop batteries due to explosions and fire. This one looks like it will self destruct. Again: Apple said "THEY DO NOT SUPPORT THE BATTERY OR LAPTOP". So now I have to throw a working $2600 MacBook Pro away and buy another one and then repurchase all the programs that were on it. Photoshop cost me over $600 and now I will have to pay $20 a month to use the new version, all because Apple does not support the MacBook Pro laptop anymore.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

The Genius Bar diagnosed my 7 month old phone which has had normal use, with no exposure to rain or water, as having corrosion inside it. The Apple warranty does not cover corrosion they tell me. ON the floor, and in public the attendant basically accused me of lying saying the "evidence would prove otherwise". This is unacceptable treatment from a service department. If iPhones are not sealed enough to prevent moisture during normal use, and they do not honor the warranty for corrosion, what is the value of the warranty? The phone's LCI were not tripped.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I went to the Apple Store in Thousand Oaks for problems with my iPhone 7. I was told that would be a two (2) hour wait. After five (5) hours of waiting I was finally getting to speak to a Apple employee. I got a replacement phone (# 3 since June). The employee transferred all my info, settings, and apps. By the time I got back to the office I realized that most of my info, settings, contacts, and apps were not there. I will never go back to that Apple Store and wait for five hours again. I will never recommend Apple products ever again. Poor products, poor customer service, poor locations, etc.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Went to Apple store in Shady Side in Pittsburgh PA. My MacBook Air was broke, got wet. They told me it would be $750 to repair it! They said lots of water was in it. It was not worth repairing it as a new MacBook Air was less than $1,000. I took it home with me, bought a set of small screw drivers for $10, bucks, and a new battery from Amazon for $25 bucks, removed cover, used hair dryer to dry it out, (not much moisture in it) installed new battery, rebooted it. And it is working just like new! BEWARE OF "APPLE REPAIR" they have no interest in repairing your computer, just selling a new one to you. I am really disappointed in them, if I could fix it, I am sure that they could have in 20 minutes! But they would not, just offered to repair it for $750! What a scam Apple is running. By the way, I believed them and bought a new computer, but am taking it back!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I took my Mac Air into the Apple Store located in the Willowbrook Mall to see if the power cord was bad or if it had a more serious problem. The store was full of Apple people in their matching blue shirts and very few customers. I was stopped at the entrance and taken over one aisle where I was to stand in line and talk to a scheduler. I stood there for 10 minutes and when she was ready for me, and found out what my question was told me that the wait time was 2 1/2 hours to talk to a techie. I looked around and there were at least 5 employees standing around visiting with each other and the elitist attitude was so overwhelming that I said good bye and walked out. What would Steve Jobs have to say about the arrogant attitude of the employees.

I left there, went online and drove over to Best Buy and Issah ** immediately helped me. I bought a new power cord and was out of the store in 15 minutes. I actually felt like a customer with some value. Stanley Marcus, one of the founders of the very successful store called Neiman Marcus said that when two places sell the same thing, the only difference is service. Best Buy will be my go to place because they have earned the right. I have nothing good to say about Apple.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Apple has blocked me to use my six-year long Apple ID. I have been used my email address as my Apple ID since Apple made its request. But the ID was blocked from me by Apple's paranoid security concerns over a year ago. Apple starts to request user password including at least a capital alphabet and a number. It also prevents users to recycle passwords. It made great difficulties for me to remember my password since I don't need to log on my Apple account frequently. After several password changes Apple simply blocked my rights to use my email address as my Apple ID. I have called at least twice to Apple service center in China from Taiwan to get my ID back. I also visited the newly opened Apple store in Taipei for three hours to rectify the situation with no luck.

Although Apple people at the service center and the Taipei store are friendly, but they just have no means to solve my problem. The problem is with the Apple management, not their team members. I have an iPhone and iPad. Both are troubled with interruptive messages like virus. They include requests of logon Apple store and my Apple accounts.

Original review: June 8, 2017

My AirPods stopped working. The right earpiece no longer connected to the charging base. When trying to connect the earpiece showed red on the phone with an exclamation mark. They've ran me through useless diagnostics and then told me I had to travel to an Apple store for further diagnosis. I asked them to replace by mail and they said they couldn't do this by policy. I am a professional computer geek. I spent over $6000 with Apple last year and that made no difference to them.

As my father said, "Don't get mad, get even." I cancel my Apple Music account and I am switching over to Amazon music. I am going on a moratorium of Apple products for the next two years. I was going to buy another iPad but now I will buy it from Gazelle. In the past I have been on a one-year replacement cycle for my iPhone but now I will switch to a two-year cycle. My goal before I return to business as usual with Apple will be to cost them a minimum of $2000 loss in sales. I am also going to contact all the podcasts that I listen to about Apple and explain to them what Apple customer service policy is on this product.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Dealer sells Apple phone with bill but Apple says product was opened before. Resellers sells AppleCare warranty extension saying the warranty is valid. I purchased an iPhone on 2 Aug 2015 from Gupta stores Kailash colony and made a payment his cheque. In July 2016 I went to an Apple authorized reseller Futureworld and requested a warranty extension, called AppleCare, which provides another year warranty. The reseller checked my details in the system including my imei number and said I am entitled to it and sold me the same for 3rd 4500. When I tried to extend the warranty online it did not work. I went back to the reseller who checked again and said everything is fine. I called Apple helpline and send them all the documents. They came back saying your phone was opening on April 25th 2015.

I went back to Futureworld who refused to take it back and said my phone in in warranty. I went to Gupta stores who denied the same vehemently. I contacted Apple helpline again and they wrote a mail stating that the warranty can't be applied. The phone was opened on April 25th and they are happy to refund the AppleCare. Apple has still not paid and today they say they will only give 50 percent since it's 10 months. I told them on Aug 8th "You made a commitment of full payment." Every time when I call up there is an executive who doesn't understand the case despite giving case identification number. The callbacks are by young call center executives who just rattle the rule back and keep you holding for almost 20 to 30 minutes as they check with a concerned department. Meanwhile Gupta stores refuses to do anything on the ground that the phone is working. I need to register a complaint against Gupta stores, Futureworld and Apple.

Original review: June 4, 2017

I recently placed an online order at Apple. I even used my Apple Pay. Turns out the confirmation email went to the wrong address and that person, who did not place the order, was able to call in and have the order cancelled by claiming they never placed it. 3 full days after I placed the order I get an email stating my cancellation was being processed. I immediately call Apple to find out why since I had not cancelled it. Apple failed to confirm who they were talking to when they cancelled the order. That simple. Result, my account with them was set to not allow future online orders. The order delivery was reversed so I never received it and they still charged me for it. Support was polite but totally unable to do anything.

I put 100% of the blame on Apple and its procedures that allow them to error and provide no options for their support staff to fix a problem. Polite excuses as to why they can't do anything. All lip service. Apple reversed the shipping, it can be seen in the shipment tracking but I have to wait for them to get the items back and processed before they will issue a refund. This is completely unacceptable. It was Apple's error but the consumer is the one to suffer with nothing being done to even attempt to make it right or to retain a customer. I was a long time Apple user. Not any longer. I am selling my Apple products and replacing with Windows, android and Samsung.

Original review: May 27, 2017

On 5/25/17 I went to Apple store in fancy Century City. There I found: Arrogant, abrupt, dont-care-if-you-are-here-or-buy-anything attitude, with only 2 front end sales people who were busy. The back end staff for tech help was busy all acted very elitist, ignoring me when I wanted to Buy an expensive item. After long wait, requesting help, 1 woman sort of came to help [But her heavy-** accent was so hard to understand, I had to repeat back and still be confused, as she was unfit to be a saleswoman.] Then she said excuse me, be right back but did not return from hidden-back-area. I went to ask for help from tech-line monitor - Who I asked, "Can you get someone else into sales section?" And his answer was, "Are you in line here?" So instead of calling for more assistance in other section, he snubbed me & then ignored me too.

Just as I was ready to walk out, then a young ** woman showed up - But she too displaying a bad aloof-superior-abrupt attitude and having no patience or interest in the sale, with very limited replies or courtesy. Then she did NOT explain anything or seem to want to do more than say, "I gotta be here, to keep my job, so whatdaya want?" I asked about return policy and was told in 4 words only curtly. I asked about warranty and she speeded thru a brief synopsis which left me unclear of what it was. So I asked a few details which she could barely tolerate or to explain to me.

I still did not understand details of how long warranty was, and her main interest was to sell me the $100 Extra Extended warranty... Instead of telling me of what parts came - With machine itself. When I was not interested in those extras, she grimaced, then sped on to ask sarcastically, what else I wanted to know. As I had previously researched machine online, I looked at physical tablet, I had while delayed waiting... Checked specs on display copy and had pre-decided on model I wanted. So when I said, "With credit card out & ready to pay." She then asked, "Do you want a bag?" And I replied, "Yes, but why ask me that?" Then she pointed to my purse and said, "Maybe you wanted to take it in there huh? How cheap is this store? For a $500 item? I should put in my purse? To save them the cost of a paper bag?

Then when she gave me total final price, she did Not Mention any extra fees but just declared a total. I asked and then she showed it on her small-font phone - when I questioned the total? There was a non-identifiable $5 fee, so I asked what that was ? And as if I were "So stupid", she exasperatedly said it was a recycle fee, but no explanation, just said & done. Her behavior was so rude, making this buying-customer feel as if I should not be there at all, and no one cared about selling me anything! I realized I was IN THE WRONG STORE. And I will never ever never to return to any Apple store again! The disrespectful, unhelpful, dis-interested-in-selling-a-product attitude was so blatant and alienating, there was no on-site Manager available and no site to write a real complaint. They just dont care!

Original review: May 26, 2017

I don't know where to start but since Steve Jobs passed away Apple been really bad. I should admit they do have a nice Idiot proof phones, however, customer service sucks. Their attitude sucks. I will never ever buy their product again. I had several different issues with them. The last one was I bought the wireless Beats. It came with 3 months of free iTunes but when I called they said that it was expired. It didn't even have a expiration date.

Another time I went to store to get my phone replaced they accused me of having my phone being worked on. It was brand new 2 weeks old phone. When I asked them how did they even think that. They refused to tell me after hours of calls then I was told that inside the phone had finger prints. which was ** because I took it to another store and they said they never heard such a thing. MY advice is stay away from Apple product. From now on I will never ever buy anything they own even if it was free.

Original review: May 12, 2017

Apple makes you remember over 3 passwords and then when you change it from one of the Apple products you must change it in any of them. Sometimes the time runs out and you have to wait for several hours to try again. I spent 2 hours tonight and still had to give up. Are they nuts?

Original review: May 1, 2017

My iPhone 6 Plus was giving me so much trouble. The lock button was super sensitive. It continuously would give me a "slide to power off" message even when I was not touching it. Almost every time I pushed home button, I would take several screenshots. I went to Apple Store and they quoted me $329 plus tax to change the lock button. I found a wonderful seller on eBay who fixed it for $30! Cell-evate is the seller. Tell me why Apple Store has to charge well over $300 for labor to change a 10 cent part? Apple Store is a RIP OFF!

Original review: April 27, 2017

About a month ago I stopped at Apple Store to purchase two chargers a long and a shorter cable. Due to manufacturer defects one of the cable broke. I returned it to the store on North Ave., Chicago for exchange. I was intimidated by the answers I received. The tech guy was comparing the cable with an axle of a car that got broken while it was purchased. He concluded that he is sorry he couldn't help my case. I told the guy that I am an Apple loyalist. That all computers, iPads, and phones in my household are Apple products. That was like ok, what else! I walked out with shame, that a company this big could not treat customer as people but a statistic. I told the gentleman to his face, that I promised I will never buy an Apple products ever. I didn't even bothered him, because he care less. Make me to wonder how many people like me have received this same cold customer treatment from Apple Stores tech guys. This is very bad!

Original review: April 26, 2017

I just had the worst experience. I brought my Mac mini all the way from overseas to retrieve my stored emails because for some reason they didn't transfer on my new Mac or other devices. I explained this to the girl at the Genius Bar that under no circumstances can I lose those mails. She plays around with it and loses all my mails. I ask for the manager and they both refuse to take responsibility and tell me I should have gone somewhere else.

Original review: April 11, 2017

We purchased an iPhone 7 for my son in October 2016. 6 mos. later, the screen went black. You could hear the texts and calls coming in, but you could not see the display. We took the phone to AT&T (where we originally purchased the phone) and they instructed us to bring it to Apple Store since it is still under warranty. They looked at the phone, determined it needed a new display and told us to return in one hour. When we came back, the rep told us the technician had located two minuscule spots that had water damage under the screen. We insisted the phone has never been submerged in water (although the advertisement for the iPhone 7 touts total submersion in water without damage). The rep told us that a "raindrop" can cause water damage! How can a raindrop cause water damage to a water resistant phone???!!!

So, Apple refused to repair the phone and told us the warranty is null and void. Maybe by claiming water damage, the Apple Store can reduce its outgoing costs of repairs of an obviously faulty phone. The reps basically laughed at me for questioning their findings. They care NOTHING of customer service. Business is too good for them to care or to truthfully advertise that a "raindrop" can cause water damage in the iPhone 7.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I have a 2015 Macbook Pro. It was the most expensive model that Apple made at the time. I've been very happy with it until this past Thursday when I was asked to update my Sierra software. After downloading the software, my computer would not turn on. I called Apple support and they suggested I take it into the Apple Store. Today I did that and the service rep tells me it's a display problem and that it needs to be replaced. Please keep in mind that my computer worked FLAWLESSLY before the software update. The service rep tells me that "it's just a coincidence" and informs me that the repair is going to be $741. Now I feel like I'm being ripped off but I'm about to start a new job and cannot be without the computer so I leave it for the repair.

Several hours later I am informed that the repair is complete and that I can pick it up. So I go in and am prepared to pay for the bill and ask for my damaged display back. The manager (David-arrogant British fellow) tells me that it is "Global Apple policy to not return parts". I mention to him that I paid for that part and it belongs to me and inform him that that might be breaking the law in Chicago. I then ask to speak to his superior. He tells me there he doesn't have a superior that he is the store manager. I say "You mean you answer to no one?" He says Tim Cook.

Now at this point I know the guy's a jerk and call him on his BS. I say "There is no regional manager you answer to?" He then goes on to say that there is someone he answers to at the store but he refuses to give me his contact info. Meanwhile the person who's taking my money gives me the REAL boss' info and I will call tomorrow. Unbelievable. I'm done giving them money and will campaign with all of my family and friends to stay away from their products!

Original review: March 17, 2017

I applied for the Apple card a year ago and I bought an iPhone. After a year I paid off the balance, so I decided to get the new iPhone 7 with the same card since the finance was 18 months no interest. I went to the Apple Store and paid with my Barclaycard. This past March the 15 I got a note on their website saying my finance was about to expired and I need to make the full payment. Called them and ask about the mistake but easily they said I was supposed to call them within 30 days which I never was told and also I clicked on the "18 months no interest" when I signed on the Apple credit card machine. Ripoff... Be aware. Stay away from Barclaycard Apple Card.

Apple Store Company Information

Apple
www.apple.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use