1.21/5
Based on 37 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

259 Apple Store Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 13, 2018

I recently had an issue at the Best Buy at the Fountains of Farrah located in El Paso, Texas. After taking my iPhone 6s Plus to Best Buy for a battery replacement, they ruined my phone. My cameras weren’t working and my phone receiver wasn’t working. Best Buy turned me away and washed their hands from this problem by telling me to contact Apple Care.

Apple Care advised me that my phone was already out of warranty but since Best Buy was not willing to help me, they would take care of their Apple Customer. I went to the nearest Apple store and received a brand new phone, same model. I couldn’t be more grateful. Thank you Apple for taking care of your customers. I highly recommend Apple iPhones, Apple Care and customer service at the Apple stores. Thank you Apple Store located inside the Cielo Vista Mall in El Paso, TX and thank you to the Apple Care representatives too.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I came into the Apple Store, Union Square, San Francisco at about 6 p.m, to see if I needed a new battery for my Apple iPhone and checked in with a girl named Essa, or Ebba? I believe. She wrote my name down and said it may be an hour wait. She said to check back with her in about 45-60 minutes. I did, but she told me that I did not come back soon enough and lost my place in the line to see the technician. I told her that I did exactly what I was told to do. No e-mail came to me and I came back as told. She said she would re-enter my name in the queue and this time was told to see her again at 7:15, but there may be a longer wait. I waited at a table some more, asking her to please let me know when a technician is ready. She said she could not do that. So I waited and saw her again at 7:15.

This time she said I would need to see her again at 8 pm, for the line has become a longer wait. I balked at this and was very unsatisfied with this kind of service, which is NO SERVICE. I live in a foreign country and needed my iPhone to work but the battery keeps dying on me. I walked out of the store very disgruntled for having to wait for a service that kept being postponed and postponed. I believe that they were more interested in selling products than to use people to fix the products they have already sold. In other words, they don't care about people like me. Terrible service...

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 9, 2018

Apple does not live up to being a top company. Extremely bad service with Edina MN office. Rude arrogant and no customer service skills especially David ** the so called manager. Called Apple corporate. Got runaround, hang ups, disconnects and no solution to a defective new phone that is unusable. Never again Apple. Sold my stock too.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I have been having issues with my laptop for a very long time. Concretely I haven't even had the chance to use it properly for more than 2 months in a row. My computer has been repaired 3 times - none of them because of my fault, either a problem with the keyboard, with the screen or with the battery. The last time the battery problem has happened twice. On the third time I went to the Apple store I asked, as my computer being insured, in the next repair if it could get replaced. They promised me it would. However, after a week, I got the same problem happening AGAIN. When I went to the store, they told me I had to drop it to repair it AGAIN. Not only they don't do what they promise but also they seem to hold my insurance with repairs before giving me a new working laptop.

Definitely so unhappy with this. I didn't leave it to repair at the end because they suggested me to contact Apple support and talk to them about my issue. Once I called they told me I actually have to talk to people in the store. So NOT ONLY AGAIN they take the piss with my repairs but they ALSO take the piss with me calling to all different places. So unsatisfied with Apple store lately. Their product keep breaking and even if you insure them they are not helpful AT ALL.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I went to the Genius Bar in January 2017 because my 6s Plus would not charge. They said it was dead and offered a "refurbished" 6s Plus for $340.00, which I thought was great, but it only had a 90 day warranty...but, they said it was completely refurbished. Ok, I bit. Then in March the Home button was sticking so I quickly went back. They replaced the screen, no charge, but with a 2 hour wait to be seen, and then leaving the phone for 6 hours... done.

Now, April 17th the phone won't charge, so I went back today. 2-3 hour wait! Then they say the phone is dead and it's past the 90 day warranty. I said, "We are 2 weeks past, and in between you already had to replace the screen...and yet you won't honor it?" No. Sorry. Then the tech went on to tell me that I could purchase a refurbished phone again for $340.00, which I said "why", it clearly isn't worth even 3 months of service! He then said, "You can buy a refurbished phone "online" with Apple AND IT IS WARRANT IS FOR 12 MONTHS!!!" WHAT!!! Why, I said...

He said "the refurbished phones purchased at the Genius Bar are basically a used phone with a new battery, but the ones purchased online are totally refurbished". WHAT! That is NOT how it was sold, now was I told that... but, to no avail... So, now I have to purchase a new phone after just spending $340. Apple is SO deceiving people... They need to be investigated. Probably going to move to Android phone. Why are companies so deceitful?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: April 16, 2018

I am sitting in the Apple Store, Galleria, St. Louis, Mo. THREE and ONE HALF HOUR wait. Consistent no matter appointment or not. Apple is too stingy to hire any technical employees. Apple does not value the customers. I was going to get an iPhone, not anymore. APPLE STINKS! Four employees standing at the door doing nothing. One of them saw me take this photo then went over to help a customer.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Our family presently owns Apple TV, 5 iPads, 3 iPods and 2 iPhones. I am very disappointed with the service at Apple store but worst is when I am told that I should have bought AppleCare and that I will have to pay over 350 dollars to replace the screen on a new iPad that I got for my daughter for her birthday two months ago. The iPad cost 400$. Instead of making me feel bad for not getting their extended warranties, why not just be fair with your customers. I would have paid a fair price to fix it as it was an accident. If this is how Apple customers are treated, by principle, I have decided to no longer buy Apple products.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I’ve never experienced such an organized business such as the Apple store. These young people they got working there are quick to telling you they can’t help you rather than solving the actual problems. It’s no surprise the store looks like a Walmart on Black Friday! The customer service here is so bad I’m highly considering never buying another Apple product in my life. The level of inconvenience to the customer is really outdated and considering they’re an updated tech company this is unacceptable! I wish more companies would be like Amazon! For now the Apple store is the equivalent of dealing with Comcast’s customer service department!

Original review: March 30, 2018

It's not Genius Bar Stupid Bar. I told them about three new software faulty. No GPS, no sound, screen touch very slow, and I want to restore my phone (downgrade) to old software. It was better. They said you can't. They said through it it's very old phone told him I paid 1400$ for what, they threw the customer in the bin. When new software releases they make the old iPhone slow. Forced you to change it and pay. I want my money back or fix the phone. I will advise 10 thousands of my Facebook friends to #DON'TBUYIPHONE.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I am really not one to review anything at all unless I have exceptional service where I am commending someone who went above and beyond or if a business is failing miserably at one end of the spectrum or another. Over the years I have been back and forth as I'm sure many have between Apple products and Windows/Android... Etc... I currently have all Apple mobile products for our family, phones, watches, air buds, NOT CPU's. My previous trip to the Apple store was fine and although I waited an obscene amount of time to make a purchase it was nothing compared to what I'm about to write. In I December right before the holidays I purchased 2 Apple watches and a pair of air buds (which are fantastic). It was the holidays so I figured to wait 20-30+ minutes was normal at the Apple store. Customer service was fair, not very friendly but not rude.

I recently had an issue with one of the air buds and I needed to exchange them or just the right one as the one mic just stopped working. I first went through all the steps online to try and rectify but to no avail. It was not going to work so I called the tech dept who again ran me through all the same stuff. Eventually told me the easiest would be to go into the store and a tech could check it out and solve the issue (whatever that meant). So I stroll into the apple store and wait in a line where I purchased from previously as I was not greeted coming in...

That took about 15 minutes and when I made it to the front the gal rudely said "you're not in the right area and you need to check in with him." As she points to a guy up front. So I go over to "him" and explain the situation and asked if I could just exchange these quickly as it hasn't been even 90 days yet. He replies, "Yes. We can have a tech take a look and determine what they feel is the best option and if its possible to even exchange them..."

I'm now already getting a bit irritated at the situation as I live in the world of sales and customer service and that is the golden rule, the customer is always right and swallow the smart-** attitude and make it happen... Anyhow he says, "Would you like to set up an appointment." And I said, "Yes fantastic. Let's do this." As he stares at his tablet and says, "OK so we can see you in about 3-4hrs. WHAT!!!! 3-4 hours. You're joking... No he is dead serious and that is that!

So what are my options now, I'm thinking to myself if I go buy a product at Best Buy or target or Costco they take it back and they give me a new one and that's why I likely still shop with them. He stares at me and asks what I would like to do, I could think of a few things but I didn't have words for my level of irritation so I calmly walked out pissed!

I go online and start chatting with Apple (much better online btw) and come to the conclusion that unless I want to pay a (holding fee) basically setting up a return which you pay up front, they send you a replacement bud(s) and then you send yours back and if you don't you don't get your money back... Now I'm thinking I already paid for these things why must I pay twice? This is crazy so I call the store again and say I want to make an appointment for a later date... "OK sir, the local store near you does not have any available, now or in a few days?" "No." The gal replies, "None at all, nothing in the near future. They won't even accept an appointment which means fully booked out weeks, the closest store with an appointment is 70 miles away! And that wont be for another 2-1/2 weeks!!!!"

SERIOUSLY, so what do I do now, just pay the money, rock up to the store in the AM and hope for the best that I don't have to waste half my day there? I can buy a new pair at this point but I dont want to support such BS. By this point I am so pissed off with APPLE and the recent engagements that I have had it with them over the last few years, they are quick to sell you but the support on the back end is terrible, beyond terrible. Possibly the worst I have seen. I have had better service from a stinky punk rock teen with a major attitude at BabyRUS store. Apple has lost my respect and I have 50 employees who are all about to change over to another manufacturer of phones cause I can't have that amount of time wasted if even 1/4 of my employees have an issue. To end this rant/experience, I will likely just pay the fee and get this done via mail than have to walk back into another Apple store.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Well this happened to me many times so today I decided I had enough. Today, I tried to download an app and was greeted with, "Update your billing info" error. I thought it was an error, but then I found a purchase pending. I was stunned because I know at that date my card was well equipped for that purchase, after reading the forums I found out that they charge you days later sometimes. Well now, I am locked out of everything (updates or free apps). What Happened is that I downloaded the app, knowing the payment is all ok and used my remaining funds as I saw fit, since I thought it's all arranged. Keep in mind that in Greece this is unlawful, a law states that if you purchase something and don't get a valid receipt you don't have to pay for it.

Now I am locked out of downloading free apps, updates and over hundreds of euros paid apps that I own, or maybe I don't?!?! All because Apple did not charge me when I got the product? Seriously? Also I cannot change country and use a card I have based in another country! Next time don't forget to block my email and utility services mighty Apple! This is blackmail and they want the money delivered in their preferred way after being the ones to blame causing great inconvenience. Next week I am going off country for 2 weeks. Imagine me discovering it there not being able to charge the appropriate card.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Went into the Apple Store in San Antonio, TX at the La Cantera mall September 2017 because my rear facing camera was not working. At the time I was told that the entire rear facing camera needed to be replaced and since the phone was out of warranty I had to pay out of pocket. Fine. Paid for the camera to be replaced. Not too long after the camera stopped working again. Because I gave the phone to my son as a Christmas present and he was more into games on the phone I figured there was no rush to get the issue fixed, assuming because the phone was having the EXACT SAME ISSUE as it was having when it was SUPPOSED TO HAD BEEN FIXED, I would have no issue with taking it back once I had the time freed.

Fast forward to March 2018. I began having issues with my iPhone 7, it was stuck on the Apple Logo screen. I decided to try to knock two things off my list at one time, my son’s camera, as well as my iPhone 7. Yes it has been 6 months since I decided to take the phone back for the camera repair, but should I be having this issue if the camera was fixed? No. My iPhone 7 was still under warranty. The salesman started transferring all of my information to a new phone because my phone could not be repaired, only to walk to the back of the store and come back and say "wait a minute, I have gotten beside myself. I can't give you a new phone although it's under warranty, I have to mail it to Apple first." Okay, fine. Then came to my son’s phone. He ran the diagnostic on the phone, saw that the phone had the EXACT SAME ISSUE that it had that was supposed to have been fixed 6 months prior.

Although the issue was IDENTICAL and he did confirm that, because of the 90 DAY WARRANTY POLICY I would have to pay yet again out of pocket for the repair. I get the warranty, but explain to me why do I have to pay for an issue that I originally paid for 6 months ago and I am having the exact same issue now that was supposed to have been fixed 6 MONTHS AGO! I know that I may be only one customer but I will never purchase another Apple product again. The customer service and assistance "used to be" amazing, now it is a headache! Apple has gone away from the friendly customer service it used to have. Disappointing.

Original review: March 26, 2018

My iPhone 7 went into a search mode a week after the warranty expired which was one year. I took my phone to the Apple support center in Sacramento CA. After waiting over two hours to see a tech, and after another three hours they tell me "my iPhone is not an iPhone" they can't do anything with it. They handed me a blank phone because they erased everything on my phone. Then they told me to take it back to where I bought it, which was Best Buy, they couldn't believe Apple told me that it wasn't an iPhone. So I called iPhone support and talked with a case manager, he told me to bring the phone to Core Care, he said he would be in contact with me to help me in a couple days. It was suppose to take a few days to repair, which I found up this model was recalled. Well, after several phone calls and emails to the case manager, I had no response from him, and my phone had not gone out for repair.

The case manager never contacted me and still hasn't after a month. I finally was informed after a month my phone had been repaired at Core Care, so I pick the phone up, want told what they did to it, and handed me a blank phone, no instructions what to do with a blank phone. I've been trying to download iCloud and trying to set my phone up with factory settings, it's still blank. I have another year on my contract which was a two-year contract with AT&T. So, needless to say I will never buy an Apple product, their support is ROTTEN to put it mildly!!!

Original review: March 11, 2018

We went to the Apple store at the Galleria Mall in Fort Lauderdale for a battery replacement cause my iPhone didn’t turn on. After they saw my iPhone and tested it they said wasn’t a battery problem but a software ones and they offered to buy a replacement iPhone for 299$, we refused and we went to another place where they changed the old and died battery for a new one and now my iPhone works perfectly. Have always a second options for your device’s problems and pay attention, don’t let them play with you and your money.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Apple Care determined my under warranty Extended Keyboard and TrackPad were faulty, called the Apple Store for me to arrange a swap. When I arrived at the store a "Rep" I know rudely advised me I did not have an appointment, and they were "booked out beyond Friday, and the Apple Care individual could not have suggested I go there." When I asked to speak with a store manager, she was annoyed, I was firm and reluctantly a gent familiar to me appeared. Despite the fact that Apple Care determined the Keyboard was not working, was under warranty, I was forced to PURCHASE replacements with my Credit Card, for which I was not given a receipt. I was told that if I were to get to the store before opening, I could be seen and return both (which I am using now to vent,) and have my money credited back.

This particular store has very high turnover. I have been a customer there since the day it opened with many employees coming from the UTC store to which I had previously gone. I have owned Macs since 1991 and my 11si. I was a Kawasaki Evangelista, I was proud that Apple assured customers that they are upwardly mobile, nothing like PC's and Microsoft. I had a working G4 Laptop, my son bought an All in One in 1985, I worked with then Talking Moose. Apple now IMHO has lost touch with Customer Service, employees have been disempowered. This evening, the "Mac Tech" had gone home, majority on the floor were "sales," no clue or training on machines. This is not Steve Jobs Apple, Shame on you! Greed and built in obsolescence are the new Apple Mantra.

My personal issues/experiences, my Mac Mini tablet, less than 2 years, no longer can update to later OS, most Apps will not work, it sits in the case most of the time. I can no longer take it along knowing I could use it. My options, buy a new one, can't afford to do that, so wasted money. My iPhone 6 Plus, away from home, the function keys across the bottom, messages, FaceTime, Phone and Calendar failed to respond to touch. I was phoneless and out of touch with family until a day after I returned home and went to the Apple Store Carlsbad (California) and was induced to spend $58.00 for a replacement because I was just out of Warranty. I was told the frame was bent causing pressure on the motherboard. A young boy (teenager) came opposite me, with the same issue and because he was in warranty was immediately given a new phone and left while I was still sitting on the hard wooden stool, being ignored while others came and went.

I am female, phone is either in my hand or purse, not in my back pocket being squeezed between my butt and a seat, (male thing.) Shortly after I left the store, I had similar non-functioning issues as I had, failure to send, failure to complete calls, failure to connect to WiFi, etc. I returned to the Apple Store Carlsbad, had a long conversation with a "manager," got yet another 6 Plus #3, my $58.00 was refunded and once again, I left. Not too long after I was clued into the reasons the phone was performing so poorly, the secret slowdown of performance with intent to "extend battery life." Now extremely angry, returned to the store and once again sought out the same manager. My first question of him, "were you lying to me?" Because I want to feel trust, I asked and he said that he was not aware of Apple's deceit. I also got my fourth 6 Plus. My faith in Apple was disintegrating.

If indeed the store managers were not aware, Apple betrayed their own employees. Now when I speak with an employee, I let them know that they have been disempowered, that I know it and ask if they also are looking elsewhere. Guess what new faces every time I enter the store. This where I knew people for years, attended weddings, news of new births. This store once upon a time had a steady reliable workforce, from managers down. Now, unpleasant disgruntled staff wander around aimlessly with their iPads, trying for a sale, and disregard those whose products are failing. I spend my money on gas only to leave without resolution. Now I must leave my home during commuter travel time to get to the Apple Store and wait in line before opening hoping my already registered at Apple Care. At least Keyboard is replaced under warranty and have my money refunded.

My TrackPad could not be tested. Because my keyboard failure is the right 1/3 of the keys, in trying to validate my qualification I needed to give my SN, could not because the P would not respond. To share my computer with the online tech, I needed to type in access, guess what has 2 Ps. My 27 inch late 15 iMac has issues as well, when I brought it to the Apple Store, it was not checked. I was told to go home and restore from Timeline Back up after they deleted all. I was told that it would not take long. Many hours later it was still restoring. The same issues still exist, it needs to go back to the Apple Store for proper evaluation. I think the intent is wait until the warranty ends, and cause me a very large repair fee. For me to take this iMac to the store, I need to disconnect, bundle and carry it down 14 steps. It is connected upstairs. I am 86. This is dangerous for me. Apple I feel betrayed by you. I now know you lie, I do not Trust you at all.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Extremely poor customer service. I called the Temecula, CA store, wanting to know if they had the Apple Logic Pro application in stock. She informed me that I could buy that from the Apple store online. I told her that I would prefer to buy the physical product from the store. She said she would check, and put me on hold. Some time later (probably about 10 minutes), she came back and asked me if I had some reason for not wanting to buy it online. I told her I didn't feel the need to discuss my personal business with her, and would she just answer the question: "Do you have it in stock?" She put me on hold again and about 10 minutes later the phone went dead. There's 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. Why should it be so hard to just answer the question? A simple - "No, we don't carry that in the store, but you can get it at the Apple store online." would have made it a simple, cordial, 30 second conversation.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

On 02/14/18 I visited the Apple Store in Saddle Creek Germantown to report the volume on my 4 month old iPhone 8+ blanks out during calls where I can't hear nor be heard during calls. Arsele immediately goes into a defensive spiel about not replacing the phone without testing and performs a sound test and of course it passes, and while this is happening I notice another customer with the same issue. Keep in mind that this is not an upgrade. I simply want a phone that works. My sister in another city had the same issue and her phone was swapped out.

I am not satisfied with the phone working after a restart and reset of network so I ask for a manager. Here comes Mason whom has already been briefed on what is going on and repeats that they will not swap the phone out. He also states that the reason my phone is having issues is due to my personal info being on the phone, I asked him to put that in writing and of course he did not.

He said the next step is to restore the phone to factory settings, I notice they say this a lot to discourage any further inquiries from the customer, but no, I sat that and restored my phone to factory settings and we play phone tag where he calls me in the store to see if I can hear him and I can. I asked what now is the next step to getting this issue resolved, since I have missed work and can not conduct calls without the volume intermittently going in and out, he stated that it is depends on the next technician that I get and he decides, even if it means starting over and wiping my phone again.

Needless to say, 30 minutes after I leave the store the issues reappears. I will be returning and demanding a new phone. The customer service at this store is non-existent. The employees think they are gods and are very rude. It is shameful the way they treat customers after they have spent thousands of dollars on their faulty products. I see why they have lost customers to Samsung. Apple treats its customers like trash.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I just visited Apple White City where I asked for a battery replacement because my iPhone 6 battery was depleting fast and was very slow running. I was told that I may need a screen replacement as I had my screen replaced by a third party (out of warranty). I was told that if they replace the battery and my screen breaks while they are doing it I will have to pay for a new screen. I am absolutely disgusted. It would appear to me that your technicians are substandard when they are unable to take off a screen (which has NO surface damage). To me this really smacks of Apple putting obstacles in place to get out of replacing the battery and also another easy way for them to make money out of servicing. The genius was also very abrupt and implied take it or leave it. Not good enough Apple!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

This is the 3rd time I have been to this store (Fashion Valley, San Diego). I had already picked out and paid for a phone online and all I had to do was go to the store to pick it up. It took TWO HOURS. Meanwhile, the manager stood over me watching to see if I would get upset and her hovering was very aggressive.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

To start, I rarely write bad reviews, unless it is something that is just unbelievable and I know that as a result of company actions, or non actions, countless people are going to be treated poorly. The Apple at Soho. Years of bad behavior lead me to write this. To start, If I go to a store to shop I don’t want security guards eyeballing me to the point where they are waiting for me to pull a device off of a wire and run with alarms blaring. That’s not happening. Almost no one is doing that, so why is it that the same security guard stalks certain people in that store? I’ve purchased a phone, a computer, an iPad, iTunes cards all in front of this guy (because he watched every transaction AS I purchased as though my money was Monopoly money).

I walk in there and he follows me around and watches me while I am with product, or while I am sitting in the theater. He’ll literally turn around from whatever to stare at me, as though I am doing something wrong by looking at a product. It began when this one gay guy who appears to be a manager started getting mad that people weren’t listening to only him when he would give his “talks” in the theater area. Every now and then you’d get a homeless person or something that I guess would linger all day etc. That’s not my problem or anyone else’s problem. As a matter of fact, because of this guy's bad behavior, it spurred a decent Apple employee to speak up for himself one day and say, “I’m not going to be mean and kick anyone out of the theater. Everyone is free to stay if they’d like”. Apple was designed by the greatest innovator of our time, to be a comfortable open place to explore and then purchase after being able to spend time with a product.

Sometimes people come in and like to relax and hear what’s being said in the theater even if it doesn’t pertain to them and sometimes they do other things while listening. This is perfectly fine and has always been unless there was a real event going on. This clown set the tone to have people booted out and literally no one is “allowed” to sit in the theater anymore unless you’ve signed up for one of the basic talks. Not talking about an event. This is usually only between one and 5 people. So the theater just remains completely empty. They will walk over and ask you to leave. This guy thinks he owns the store. He is loud and obnoxious and always knows when certain folks enter the store. He is not conducive to the growth of the Apple vision. It’s like being on a public swing and you tell your friend and his friend to guard all of the swings and don’t let anyone swing until they are your friend. This guy ruins the vision the Apple every way.

There shouldn’t be a whole security detail in Apple. That’s just ridiculous and this Apple rep needs to be gotten rid of, simple and plain. The whole store is now, after undergoing his antics for so long, beginning to sour. The other workers who were once very pleasant are beginning to take on this ugly tone and the store is changing for the worse. I refuse to go back there and definitely won’t spend money there. These are kiddie, playground tactics, best reserved for wherever he came from. He needs to pull these games in his own circles, not in the most public and pleasant of all stores.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Two weeks in a row now I’ve been to the Apple Store to try to get my battery exchange. Due to their planned obsolescence... last week they have no batteries… This week the same. I have used their website to make an appointment with their “Genius” at their own facility. You would think they would send me an email or something to let me know that they still didn’t have the battery. So instead, I’ve driven twice, 35 miles each way in order to get a battery that didn’t exist. Something is going on bad with this company that are used to count on for good service… I’m about to go Android.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Apple Store Marlton, NJ 08053 - Six weeks ago I purchased the new iPhone X for over $1,000. I had issues from the first day with people calling me being unable to hear me clearly. I could hear them but they could not hear me or I sounded very muffled to them. I called Apple support, and on the phone they ran diagnostics but told me that I needed to make an appointment at the Apple Store. They informed me that at that appointment they would run additional diagnostics, change out the sim card and also test the phone with earbuds as well.

I made additional tests with my husband and we confirmed that I sounded very poorly, almost as though I was under water. The day of my appointment my husband and I went to the store. The technician ran diagnostics which did not show any issues but when testing the phone my voice sounded very difficult to hear and when I was on speaker phone my husband could not hear me at all. Despite these results the technician continued to deny there was any issue. We asked for a manager and he as well refused to run the additional tests we were told would be run by support and only kept repeating the phrase, I stand by my technician's results.

Frustrated we again told him that we wanted the additional tests run he refused and then also refused to give us his last name, refused to give us the name of the regional manager, and then threw us out of the store. Later, I called the store and asked to speak to a manager. This person also refused to give me the name of the regional manager, and told me," I don't have to tell you anything if I don't want to." This lack of professionalism and complete lack of any customer care has apparently become the new standard for Apple. I later called Apple support again and have now filed a major complaint with customer service. I will be surprised if I get a callback. So extremely sorry I left Samsung and went back to this horrid company's products. Never again will I recommend their products. As soon as I have the chance I am going back to Samsung!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Service is absolutely ridiculous. Waited 20 minutes before being told to wait a further 45mins to wait for a worker, there was plenty of workers working this current day and they were standing around talking and if they cannot sell the product themselves they shouldn’t be working at the store.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

So my Phone (iPhone 7) broke. Some sort of hardware issue. Not user related when phone was 20 days after warranty! Apple store didn't wanna help at all! They told me eat dust pretty much! I've owned iPhones since first iPhone came out. Now after this I'm looking into getting Samsung phone! Since Apple wants to charge $300 bucks for replacing a phone that had hardware issue and they don't care that phone is only 2 weeks past warranty!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

On November 17, 2017 I was trying to install Bootcamp on a Mac that was already upgraded to Sierra. During the install I must have done something wrong and it blew away the entire partition leaving nothing to restore from. So my only option was to do an Internet Restore. Unfortunately this put me at an OS that was what the original computer must have come with. I was directed to go the App Store and get Mountain Lion so I could upgrade back to Sierra. I paid the 19.99 and received an email to go to a link. I used my functioning desktop computer thinking I would get a .dmg or something. The link told me I couldn't download it on that computer. I assume because it was already on Sierra.

I turned around to the other computer, logged on to the link and it said I couldn't download it because I had already downloaded it. Unfortunately Apple charged my work credit card even though I never got it. And to make matters worse there was no receipt and I need one for everything I charge. At that point I decided to call Apple and see if I could get a refund since I never got the software. (I decided to go a different direction and gave up on boot camp.) What happened was an Apple customer service nightmare. Repeatedly being told I had the wrong department only to be transferred to another department that said they were the wrong department and I had to call an 800 number. I would tell them that was the number I called and the cycle would start over. I have been on this issue for weeks trying to resolve it.

Today after nearly an hour on the phone the (barely speaking English person) said Apple could not refund my money because I had already got the software. I was ready to lose it and say "what part of I never got the download do you not understand?" This results in "I'll connect you with someone who can help you." I've been through this several times before resulting in dropped lines and being told I have the wrong department. Today, nearly a month later I give up.

I'm astonished that Apple has no log of the transaction that shows their website wouldn't let me download the update. It says on the app store that I downloaded it. I have given up. It's really sad that this is not my personal money, it is the taxpayers' money. (I work for a public agency.) I will pay the 19.99 out of my own pocket to make sure the taxpayers don't get bilked by Apple but I'm going to seriously reconsider any further business with Apple.

Through all of this Apple never sent a receipt. We have strict rules about card purchases and receipts. The only thing that came out today's hour long discussion was I got them to send me a receipt. Apple should be ashamed. That they don't have a log on their website that show I couldn't download it and that they did not send a receipt after the failed purchase.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

My iPhone 6s battery was draining just with the screen on, I made an appt at the Apple store nearest me. I was 7 mins late because it took me 15 mins to drive the last 3 miles of my trip and my gps directed me to turn into a pile of rubble (construction). When I got there, I didn't know who to tell about my appt so I approached the first employee I found who didn't have a customer. I stood a respectful distance from her and waited patiently. When she finally deigned to speak to me, she said "Do you need something?" like the brattiest, snottiest, high school mean girl I've ever meet, I was taken aback but told her I had an appt for 4:15. She told me to sit on a crate and a technician would be with me shortly. I watched her continue to sit at her table, joke with other employees and do literally no work for over 40 mins.

My technician was nice enough (though he smelled strongly of cigarettes which was distracting and after an hour it started to make me nauseous.) This Technician seemed a bit lost, he tried to turn on one of the 'switches' on my phone by poking it repeatedly, when he stopped I slid it and turned it on for him, but he backed out of the screen, went back and it had turned off again. He tried analytics but it wouldn't sync or connect or whatever so he talked to a manager who told him to do two tests and then replace the iPhone. Once my new phone was all but done setting up he realized he hadn't turned Find my Phone off and so we had to wait for my new phone to finish before signing on with the verification to the iCloud. He didn't see the iPhone on the main screen and was flustered when his iPad still wouldn't let him turn my old device in.

He left for something and I reached over again and went to the iCloud settings to see if my old phone was there, it was so I deleted it in front of him and he still couldn't turn in my phone. He called his manager over. She determined that my serial number and the serial number he'd been working with were completely different and that was why my phone analytics wouldn't connect to his iPad. So they corrected the serial number and he went through the tests yet again. I saw on his screen it said Problem detected or something along those lines, but when I asked if he'd found anything wrong he said, "No, but we haven't taken it apart yet". Of course this was an hour and 40 mins after I'd arrived and I just wanted to go home, so I was relieved when he said I was good to go with the new phone.

But it was honestly painful to watch, I don't know much about the technical side of things but I do know you slid the 'switches' and you look at settings if you can't find what you're looking for on the homepage. I also know if something isn't working to double check the information I have. But I did get a new phone so I just hope this one works better than the last one. I did not like the attitude of the employee who checked me in, I was a tad confused by little gaggles of employees that seemed to congregate around one customer. Does it take 4 employees to help one person, honestly? I also hated getting there. I won't go back unless it's my only option but I'm grateful for the successful outcome of my visit.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

On Nov 16, 2017, Apple Online Store locked my iTunes account. I have NOT used the online store. Six days later the iTunes account is still locked. I cannot download or update apps, listen to music from the cloud or purchase anything through iTunes. I have spent hours on the phone with Jason, Parise, John, ..., Jason and @AppleSupport says there is nothing they can do! ("The Apple Online store is really just a different company.") Phone calls by me and Apple Support to 1-866-970-3764 ext 546715 apparently go unanswered. At one point I was told this was related to web orders ** and ** but I haven't made any web-orders.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

It’s ** ridiculous that you HAVE TO PAY IN ORDER TO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR HELP. I tried calling just now & it tells me that I have to pay for some stupid extended thing in order to talk to a representative for help with my phone.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

My iPad stopped charging, and I had to go to the dreaded Apple store. First you wait in line to get a text message that tells you they have lowered their standards and will stoop to actually talk to a lowlife like you about your problem. So you either hang around the mall for a couple of hours or you make two trips. When you get there and check in, various officious little snits will tell you that they will be with you in a minute—try 45 minutes or so.

In any other repair shop IN THE WORLD the customer would drop off the broken device which is under warranty and get a claim check and leave. Five minutes. Then the shop would call or text the customer so she could pick up her repaired device or the replacement. Ten minutes, for a total of 15 minutes. But not with Apple. My 15-minute errand took two and one-half hours because Apple HATES IT CUSTOMERS AND WANTS TO WASTE THEIR TIME! I love my iPad when it works but I will never buy another Apple product in my life. Never will I put myself in the position of having to go to an Apple store again.

To add insult to injury, when I complained about their customer service model, I was told that the reason there was no drop off service was that they had so many customers that they “would be swamped” if they did that. In other words, they cannot handle their customers’ legitimate warranty needs, they have no interest in hiring enough people to handle their customers’ legitimate warranty needs, and so they have intentionally slowed down the process and intentionally waste their customers’ time. Horrible, abusive customer service model, unconscionable wasting of your time, and arrogant, condescending staff. It’s a trifecta!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I first placed my order at 12:02 today, and it looked like everything went through. But it said that I'd receive an email from Citizens One verifying I'm approved and gave me a delivery date of 11/1. At 2:30 AM, Apple sends me the following email "There was a problem processing your application for the iPhone Upgrade Program or iPhone Payments with Citizens One because we were unable to verify your information. Please place a new order on apple.com." I then did place the order, but unfortunately it gave me a delivery type of 5-6 weeks in December. I have called numerous times and tried to get this resolved with Apple, but they closed down their inbound phone lines because it was so busy. Apple has always had the most difficult ordering system of any cell provider. I do like their product, but I certainly hate their customer service ability, and additionally, they make it very hard to speak to a manager that might be able to help me.

Apple Store Company Information