2. Miscellaneous

Apple Store

3.8/5 (351 ratings)

About Apple Store

Apple Store Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple Store?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Apple failed to ship me the replacement item that I requested and never refunded me the credit card hold I paid. The service rep on the phone was very unhelpful and rude — wasting me 30 mins and saying that she couldn’t look into the case. She even kept saying that I didn’t return the item back. However, the whole situation comes from that FedEX never delivered my item due to storms in Feb. When I said that I wanted to escalate, she said that she is the senior advisor. She promised to call back in 30 mins but never fulfills her promise. Worst customer experience ever!!! Shame on Apple!!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I called Apple Play Store for a unknown charge and the lady more like child was messing around for no reason... She was like, "Type in allinonewordapplesupport.com" and I was mentioning I couldn't find it and she kept repeating the same thing. She then said, "Oh no just type applesupport.com all in one word" with a laugh. Wow Apple what of a joke of people you hire. Hope you can pay for for quality/educated employees SMH.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I have a lot of problems when I play the music. It is incredible that I cannot play the music in the order that you want! It is very frustrating that Apple is not interested in having a good product and giving it good technical support and trying to solve problems. And my iPhone 7 is much faster than IPhone 12, tremendous deception that iPhone12 is faster, if it is more expensive but it is nothing better, it continues with the same problems with applications that do not work as they say, no real answer by Apple

Original review: July 12, 2021

I have never had a Apple product before. I always thought apple was overpriced. I decided to order a new iPad via online store. I never knew they all come from directly from china. I can't believe people are so blind and dumb. I love the way everyone uses the Covid 19 for all their shipping delays. What a pitiful company.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Walked in at 10:00 am to local Apple store saying I am ready to purchase this specific computer that apple website says you have. I had walked into store the previous day and received information on 2 products, wanted to think about overnight. Apple store employee response, "Come back at 10:45 for a shopping specialist," I responded, "I don't need a shopping specialist. I need someone to bring computer out to me and I will give you payment." He said go online, I am here and there was no one to to get my computer and take my money. There were more employees than customers.

As soon as I turned to leave, another apple employee asked if he could help, I said evidently not. Does this sound like a good business model much less good customer service? Covid seems to give store excuses to limit employees needed, restrict customer convenience and add another barrier to reasonable service. I did not need specialized service just someone to take my money and get my product.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I paid AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss Program for a new iPhone replacement from Apple Store and when I bought it on December 2019, I paid AppleCare+ insurance charging $14.99 a month ever since 2019 until now July 2021 and I still pay every month. I lost my iPhone and I never lost it before, they never sent me a replacement even though I lost it with proof of losing it. It's not worth it to pay insurance after having to make 3 claims and each one got declined.

They will not send another iPhone if you lose it. They don't take care about their customers. You just waste your money and time with them. It's the first time I lost my iPhone! After the third, claim, they mentioned that it was declined because I didn't have insurance at the time I lost my iPhone, even though I was paying each month! I still have insurance and they were lying. They are just stealing your money. Later they told me I still have insurance after I lost my iPhone. How's that possible? They are finding reasons not to give you an iPhone. Very poor service. Not respectful at all.

Original review: June 17, 2021

My family and I have been lifelong Apple customers and never have had any issues but the one time that I did and noticed they had been charging my account for something I did not purchase or use customer service refused (couldn’t) credit my account back. Unfortunately Apple does not empower their employees to make exceptions and help customers as they deem appropriate therefore the reps were unable to support. The only avenue to escalate the issue was to WRITE to management which took a long time for a response (rejected request). They are a leading tech company and had no way of resolving the issue real-time (call or electronically), disappointing. This has certainly tainted my experience with Apple.

Original review: June 15, 2021

A security guard greets me at the door. "Wait in line. He'll tell you what to do next." The large man in black gives a nod to a man at the head of a long line. I feel intimidated. The man at the head of the line has an iPad. I see him after standing in line for 10-minutes. I note that there really aren't that many people in the store. Maybe 10. There are at least that many "Geniuses". He asks questions to determine why I'm there. I feel interrogated. He checks his "information" which he does have on me as I bought my last two Macs in this store. He spells my name. Gets the last name wrong, but people spell it wrong sometimes. I say, "Yes, that's me," but don't correct him. Then he goes a little further and says, "It says here your name is spelled this way but you agreed it was spelled the other way."

I now feel like I'm in trouble. Like 4th grade. Yet my adult brain (I'm 58) tells me this is overzealous behavior on his part considering I'm just waiting for him to let me talk to one of the "Genius" people. This person then hands me off to another person. The next person spells my name, then asks to see some ID. Wait. This is a retail store. I'm here to have my computer repaired. Why am I being intimidated, interrogated, shamed, and made to feel as though I'm posing as someone else? Am I being accused of lying? I show the ID then ask why they need to see it. "To make sure you are who you say you are." I'm insulted. I'm just here in line not doing anything wrong. I'm just waiting. This seems really odd.

My red alerts are signaling as something seems really off. I tell the kid (he looks to be in his 20s) that I got an email and a phone call... My parts have come in and I was told I could wait in the store for the repair and that it would take around 10 minutes. "Let me see the email." Again, I'm not being believed. I show the email. I'm having to prove who I am and why I am there. Is this what it's like in a communist country? The kid knows I'm getting upset. He keeps using the fake-nice language and voice. He tells me there's no way this is a fix that can be done in less than an hour. I falter. I'm flustered. Insulted. Intimidated. I've really had it. I go Karen on him and will live to regret it. I angrily say that I will wait and they should take the computer to the back room and fix it.

My advice is to never upset a Genius Bar staff. Never. They have absolutely all of the control and there will not be a thing you can do. They have security staff and once your computer disappears into the back room... Well, "Look at them. They are the captain now." The manager came out and yelled at me... What I mean by this is that he said a lot of accommodating things (probably from a handbook of instructions on how to deal with unhappy clients) in a very loud voice so everyone could hear, and he kept doing it even though I started to cry. My husband came and we waited for 2 hours.

They kept sending different people out to tell us the repair was almost done and would be just a little while longer. One man told us at 8 pm that they didn't need to put in a new trackpad and it would be out momentarily. He left the store. Another man came out just minutes after the prior man left to tell me that they now realize the trackpad would have to be replaced. It would be about another 1/2 hour.

Magically, they finished working on my computer at exactly 9 pm when the store closed. Not five minutes earlier. Not ten minutes after. Amazingly, they were able to make the exact final adjustment at 9 pm when they were ready to close the store and go home. Do you believe that? I don't. I believe a bunch of controlling smart people were looking at a handbook in the backroom, doing exactly what they had to do to avoid being written up by Apple for inappropriate behavior, and punishing me for daring to expect to be treated like a human being.

We got our computer and they managed to give us the trackpad free and didn't charge labor... but honestly, the same smudges that were on my original trackpad are still there. I don't think they changed it, to begin with. They just said that so they'd have a reason to punish us and make us wait. I went to the car and cried. I cried the whole drive home. I cried off and on for the rest of the evening. I cried because I couldn't do anything to protect or defend myself. They manipulated and punished me. These are people who should be glad I am willing to pay the money to purchase Apple products; willing to spend the money to have my apple product repaired. I've been an apple/Mac user for 15 years. I use an iPhone, we've owned iPads, this is the 5th Mac our family has purchased... 2 for me, 1 for my husband, 2 for our kids... we've gone through at least 6 iPhones and 3 iPads.

I am done. I will not be treated as though I am a felon who stole a computer, or a liar who is trying to do... what, I don't know... or someone who is unreasonable. This is not ** Germany in 1942. This is not North Korea or Communist China. This is America. Apple is not a government agency. They are a retail store. The people who work at the poorly named Genius Bar, are mechanics for computers made by Apple, and I should not have to prove my value to shop there. This is a monopoly. They are too powerful. I will never let them bully me again. One more note to the "Geniuses." If I had stolen the computer, why in the world would I bring it to a Genius Bar to pay $300 to have it fixed?

Original review: May 23, 2021

After having a $75 account balance disappear into thin air, I attempted to get it back. After an hour messaging with Apple CSRs, waiting on hold and talking their 'senior csr', the money is gone. Absorbed by Apple as profit. I started to do some research and found out that Apple iTunes/App Store account balances have been disappearing into thin air since as far back as 2008. Thousands and thousands of complaints and Apple has not done anything about it. Most often, it happens right after downloading and installing iOS updates. The only way to get the money back is to have the physical gift card(s) that you redeemed. Otherwise, you're out of luck.

Most times the amounts that disappear are small enough that people don't even notice or it's not worth the effort to go through a process dealing with Apple that takes hours or even days. But, balances of $1500 have reportedly disappeared and that money was simply absorbed by Apple as profit. Gift cards were purchased, yet no product or service was rendered, so that money is pure profit.

Two important questions- Why is there a process in place to reimburse users when their account balance disappears? Because it happens so often. And, if it was simply due to a software glitch or benign programming error, why does money only disappear from accounts and money never randomly appears? Statistics dictate that if this were a random error, you should expect money appearing and disappearing equally. NOT disappearing 100% of the time. My $75 is gone. Right into Apple's pocket. They make a lot of money because of disappearing account balances. That's why they don't do anything about it. Protect yourself and keep those gift cards in a safe place after you redeem them. Otherwise, you may lose that money after the next iOS update.

Original review: May 21, 2021

Apple support MADE the appointment at the "Genius Bar" (gimme' a break) for data migration from my MacBook Air to a new MacBook pro. Apparently this 'genius' Store decided not to be bothered with customer service. After waiting days for an appointment and driving there, I was told they don't DO data migration anymore. (I'd do it myself if I wasn't awaiting cataract surgery, and can't see to do it). I'll NEVER set foot in another Apple Store for as long as I live, and may quit Mac altogether. I've been a loyal Mac follower since 1990, stupid me! The takeaway of this review? This Apple Store sucks!

Apple Store Company Information