1.59/5

307 Apple Store Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I’m a long time user of Apple products, but recently hearing that they are lagging behind other brands and manufacturers... and even other ‘die-hard’ Apple users are talking about switching to PC - which does not bode well for the future of Apple. The few occasions I have had to use the Apple service/stores, I have had very prompt and pleasant results. My MacBook laptops have outlasted my PC laptops by a considerable margin.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I love the Apple ecosystem... when it works! Their Apple MacBook is a pleasure to use, upgrading the software is a breeze and the reliability of the hardware is great. My only real issue is iTunes. I have a permanent battle with this system. I think I have spent about 6 months in total on the phone or chatting with Apple trying to resolve issues. This is a VERY fragile piece of software that is always going wrong. Maybe it is partly the fact that I originally had it set up on a Windows computer. I have now moved my iTunes to my MacBook so maybe I will have better luck with this arrangement. Watch this space!!!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Every time I got to the Apple Store I leave content with their service. I took my Apple Watch Series 1 that I bought on the day it was available to buy (over 3 year). I was ready to fight because the back came off just like that. They reassured me they’ll find a solution. Well they ended up giving me a repair at no charge as long and it wasn’t damaged because of use. Well 3 days later I got a call to come pick up my watch. They said they just sent a brand new one instead. That’s good customer service right there. They might had made an exception too because this was an issue they were aware of and extended the warranty to 3 years, I was really close (not really) to the 3 year mark. I’ve had many good experiences but this is just one of them.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I have to give a big shout out to the employees at the Apple Store on Clarendon Boulevard in Arlington, VA. EVERYONE is professional, helpful, knowledgeable, personable & understanding. I had just left an AT&T Store, where one of the two the employees was an absolute jerk. To walk into an Apple Store & be treated with courtesy & respect the very SECOND that I walked into the store was a relief & a pleasure. Yes, they solved my problems!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I recently had an issue at the Best Buy at the Fountains of Farrah located in El Paso, Texas. After taking my iPhone 6s Plus to Best Buy for a battery replacement, they ruined my phone. My cameras weren’t working and my phone receiver wasn’t working. Best Buy turned me away and washed their hands from this problem by telling me to contact Apple Care.

Apple Care advised me that my phone was already out of warranty but since Best Buy was not willing to help me, they would take care of their Apple Customer. I went to the nearest Apple store and received a brand new phone, same model. I couldn’t be more grateful. Thank you Apple for taking care of your customers. I highly recommend Apple iPhones, Apple Care and customer service at the Apple stores. Thank you Apple Store located inside the Cielo Vista Mall in El Paso, TX and thank you to the Apple Care representatives too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: June 21, 2019

I just want to give a big thanks to Apple. They sold me a new iPhone XS that was bent. I paid $1k for the phone and they will not repair or replace the phone since I did not purchase AppleCare. Keep in mind that this phone is only 3 months old and still within the 1 year warranty. This will cost me $500 to repair for a known manufacturer's defect. Thanks Apple, for not standing by your product. I’ll be sure to pass the word along???

Original review: June 11, 2019

I've never had more issues with any product like I have with Apple. I brought in a Mac laptop due to a powering on issue. The charging light was turning on but the computer wouldn't turn on. Brought to the Cerritos Apple store to a technician who said he didn't find anything with it therefore had to be sent out for a flat rate of 500. Clarifies that no matter how small the issue it would be this amount and could only go up unfortunately if damages were bigger. I decided not to proceed as it was an older version and for that price it was just not worth it, so what did I do? I made a HUGE mistake, I purchased a NEW LAPTOP! The old computer was then taken to a different personal technician who clarified it was just a false connection the power button was making.

There was no replacement of any sort needed, he fixed it right in front of me within a couple minutes with absolutely no charge and my computer worked like new. Don’t wonder why Apple is such a big company with money. This is the reason. They don’t take responsibility for their damaged products. Instead they make YOU pay. A couple months later my Beats are doing the same thing, charging lights are on but won’t power. Brought them in and no surprise they want to charge a flat rate without knowing what the issue is AGAIN! I expressed my initial concern and dissatisfaction with the first scenario to "lead" Max who refused to provide his last name or employee I.D. He stated that the information provided to me the first time around with my laptop was "incorrect".

I then expressed my concern in having the employee trained, he said "absolutely will" and then I asked, "How will you do this again if you have no idea who helped me since you didn't care to ask for my serial # of my laptop?" Point is if Google troubleshoot can't solve your problem these techs won't either. They are basically trained to simply do basic reset steps provided by Google. I use to swear by this company and even recommend their products. Now I will be doing the complete opposite and voicing my experience this company via all platforms possible.

Original review: June 9, 2019

My iPhone 6 (which I paid 800 bucks when I got it) had a small repair and I walked into Apple store for a small store. There were 3 people who looked into my phone and did not even bother to assist. After waiting for a while, one guy came up, glanced at the phone and said to the next guy that "She has an issue with iPhone 6 or 7 (as if it's something inferior to carry around) and walked out. This other guy then came up and started to look at the schedule and said it is a bad time to come to store and no one will be able to assist (bad time at 12.30 pm on a hot summer!!!!) The employees in this store does not care about customer needs and the arrogance of the people and racism (all male ** guys with derogatory remarks and looks) is why Apple is doomed to fail soon! - Mark my words - you drive your customers away, disrespect them - high time to go bankrupt and close the stores.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I was sold a brand new iPhone 7 that wouldn’t to service with Verizon. Verizon said the phone was part of a recall and Apple was replacing those phones. I took it to Apple and they refused to replace it. This is a 700$ phone and they can’t replace the phone? This is a multi billion dollar company. Shame on you Apple.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I made an appointment for my MacBook Air because it has internal LED screen damage. An employee of the Apple store asked for my appointment name and issue, and seated me at the "bar" in the back of the store. A man quickly attended to my issue. He barely glanced at my laptop and tapped his tablet which arose a price, that was exactly 50% of the entire price of the laptop. The damage done to my laptop was a small imaging issue in the top right corner of the screen, and my primary issue was that I could not view the time and other important information in the corner of my laptop. The employee of the store continually pressed the line of damage done to my laptop over and over again -- at least 10 times -- making the damage worse. He continued in this manner until I specifically asked him to stop pressing the damage because it was making the appearance of my laptop worse.

The damage has remained this way and will not go back because of the disrespectful way that the employee was handling my laptop. I proceeded to talk to the manager about the disrespectful way the employee was handling my device, and she repeated the exact same point over and over again saying, "The price to fix the laptop is still $475. I understand your concerns, but this is how it is". I was extremely disappointed and distraught with the rude behavior that these sales representatives presented me with, making this store have possibly the worst customer service of any store I have ever encountered.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Overcrowded, oh so incredibly loud so that you cannot understand a word that your technician says. And oh so terribly patronizing service. A smile only goes so far, but if you are completely inept, inefficient, and incompetent, then you shouldn't be in business. If I sound angry, I am. I bought my daughter an Apple Watch six months ago. It has failed twice. Each time a technician has told me that it must be sent back for a two week inspection. If it is a user a problem, I will be charged. Apple please take this device and stick it in your core.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I went into an Apple store to purchase several items for a trip I was taking. After they charged my credit card, I asked for a bag to carry my items home. The salesperson made me feel guilty for asking for a bag. Then when told him I really wanted a bag, he told me that he had to send in the back for a bag, as they don't keep them in the store area. They made me wait for 5 minutes for this bag. It was obvious there was an Apple policy to discourage customers from receiving bags. With the Apple mark up and high prices, the least they can do is offer guilt free bags for God sake to customers who buy their stuff. I understand not wanting to use plastic but their bags are paper and they are part of purchase price factored in by Apple. I do not need to be guilted out of my bag by some Apple salesperson!!

Original review: May 2, 2019

My elderly mother bought the Apple Watch 4 series as it advertised a fall detection feature. The original USB for the charger did not work brand new out of the box. The watch band popped apart and the watch fell off a night stand and shattered. Apple wants $349 to fix a $500 watch that is 3 months old. When asked how can they support fall detection if the product can not withstand a minimal fall I was told I should have bought the insurance. Do not buy this product if you are looking for fall detection security.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Purchasing expensive Apple Watch series 4. Finding out Apple Watch 4 has its own phone number, add line means add monthly cost. So I added Asurion insurance $8.99 to make sure it's covered. I was never informed if something happens to Apple Watch 4 for deductible costs. Way too much - $224!! I was never informed to make sure to buy protective cases and Apple stores/AT&T stores do not sell that. Someone informed me to look up other companies make protective cases for Apple Watch. I never knew Apple Watch's glass can be shattered easily. I thought it is shatterproof and should not happen. I am being robbed with too much money expenses.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I made purchase with Apple store, they told me I have 0 APR for 12 month. And I set up for auto payment, so that will be free of mind. And went back to check my card after 4 months, and notice they did charged very high APR rate. I called them, they said because I did not call before I made purchase that why not thing they can do now, so I have to pay for the high APR because of the wrong information that been provide. Please DO NOT TRUST THEM, EVEN THE APPLE STAFF TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE 0 APR... Rip off.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Told be $100 cost to repair and lied. When spoke to manager he said he gave you wrong information, and he refused to do anything to help and was rude and mocked me for not knowing better. Never buying Apple again. They have gone downhill.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Apple store worker stole my phone. Complain.

To Whom It May Concern:

On January 22 2019 I came to the Apple Store locating at Des Peres MO 63131 on West County Mall. I wanted to change my iPhone 7+ on newer iPhone XR. The sale woman who take care of me check my phone and said that my phone cost $200 and she make exchange toward my new iPhone XR left over balance. She explained that my phone they going to send to ATT and then she brought a lot of paper and said I have to sign them because in these papers the sum of payments for each month is divided for 3 years. Then she take me to another table where another salesman was helping other customers besides me.

In my case he helped me transfer all my information from iCloud to my new phone. That saleswoman when she took me to another salesman asked me take out my old phone from the case because it's very tight and she was afraid to break it so I took my old phone from the case, screen protection and gave my old phone to her. In that time I had my purse and my new phone in the box because they don’t have any bags to put my merchandise.

On March 8th 2019 I received from my ATT provider text message saying that they still did not receive my old iPhone 7+ that's why I went to Apple store to find out what’s happened. I spoke with Apple store salesperson explaining about that day on January 23 I came to exchange (trade) my old phone for new one and about that sales lady who told me she’s going to send it to ATT and I mentioned him that I spoke with ATT and they never receive it, so I ask him I need tracking number from them to give it to ATT. Him and the manager (Tim **) went on the back to check the video and see what happened with my phone.

After a while the manager (Tim **) came to me with a red and angry face. He jump on me with his voice and blame me that I took the phone and on video showed that I putting that phone in my purse. I was shocked for that blame because I put in my purse just case from my old phone which that saleswoman asked me to take out before she took it. I asked the manager (Tim **) if he looked in her hands when she was leaving from me but he was so rude saying he did not see anything. He was mentioned her name, her name was Cherell. I asked him to spell her name but he refused to do that. I told him I’m not going to leave like that and I’m going to go to police which his answer was “do whatever you wanna do”.

So I went to police and told them what happened, they opened case (**) and policemen name was William ** DSN 210 phone # is (314) 835-6202 ext **. I never thought it would come to me in a place like this to be deceived as a child. After that I had a very heavy residue. Me and my family have great story with Apple products since the release of the first iPhone.

Sincerely, Olga **

Original review: April 2, 2019

I have had 2 surgeries on my ankle and foot. We found out the Apple Watch has fall detection, so my daughter told me to apply for an Apple Credit Card. My daughter is 17 and graduating with honors in May. All she wanted for a graduation present was an iPhone 8 Plus, MacBook Pro and I needed an Apple Watch since I’m prone to falling. So I figured I would apply for the credit card and get what she wanted and what I needed. However, due to the government shutdown and my surgery I was off work and some bills went unpaid for a minute or were late. Still I tried to get the card so I could pay the items off a little at a time through payroll deductions and reward my daughter for her hard work. Wrong! Apple products are not for single parents. We can’t afford it upfront and Apple has no program for people who can’t get a credit card.

So a coworker told me about a company named PerPay. We can order whatever we need and it’s taken out of our paycheck a little bit at a time until paid off. Apple doesn’t offer anything like this to regular customers. Everybody I know feels like Apple products are only for the rich people who have good credit. Regular people just trying to have a treat once in a while need to look somewhere else because these products from this company are out of our reach. The price wouldn’t be a problem if there was a program to help us get it. But sadly there isn’t so as usual, we will sit on the sidelines and watch the rich people enjoy nice things. We’ll just continue to watch the unboxing videos on YouTube and dream about what could have been. It’s ok, we are use to big companies designing everything for the rich. It’s the American way.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I took my girlfriend's Apple 6s Plus to the Apple repair shop. The sims tray would not go into the phone. They took it backroom and returned 2 minutes later. Say it could not be fixed. We would have to purchase another phone for $329.00. I questioned the employee and they never opened the phone up to see if it could be repaired. They just wanted to sell another phone. I then took the phone to a repair shop called uBreakiFix. They took one look at it and said it has the wrong sims tray in it. We switched sims trays and it was up and running. Apple stores will rip you off!!!

Original review: March 23, 2019

Don't buy AppleCare. They don't cover anything and will go round and round and put the defect on you. We had a MacBook Pro and we were told that the battery was faulty and swelling. The store sent it to the depot and after talking to the customer care, they said that they will not cover the battery because they have to change the entire keyboard and it will cost $1400. We talked to a Asian guy who was an expert on finding fault with us and putting the repairs on us when we had a AppleCare coverage. He talked like he was paying out of his pocket. They make us buy AppleCare and when we need it they refuse to pay.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I bought a MacBook Pro Retina, and the screen had white spots and Ghosting/Burning issues. I contacted Support and due to the age of the device they claim that since it's not under warranty they will not fix this issue.

Original review: March 13, 2019

My cousin in Australia bought me an Apple watch with CELL data option as a gift. Before buying the phone, he checked with a sales agent in Apple Store in Sydney to make sure the watch would work in USA. And he was told ‘YES’ by the sale agent. So during the trip to USA, he gave me the watch. I brought the watch to a local Apple store and was told that the watch built for Australia would not take the CELL signal in USA. I asked a manager in the store to exchange to the USA Apple watch and he refused because this was bought in a different country.

I called Apple Customer Care number and reported the issue and would like Apple allowed me to exchange the USA Apple Watch, so that I didn’t have to send back the watch to Australia. After several weeks of calling back and forth to find solutions, Customer Relations Agent told me that I had to send the watch back to Australia at my own expense and they would not allowed me to exchange to a different working watch.

This is horrible. It is obvious Apple fault that it didn’t train its sales agent in Australia to know that the watch it built in one country would not work the same for other countries. Or the sale agent in Sydney lied to customer just to get the product sold. Instead of apologizing consumer for all the inconveniences it caused and replaced a new watch for me, Apple Customer Relations agent asked me to send the watch back to Australia at my own expense. This is terrible policy by a big company like Apple to aggravate its loyal customers and not stand behind their product. I had to pay a high cost to send the watch back to Australia, of course I had to send it by certified mail to prevent losing the watch. It also angered my cousin in Australia that his gift was sent back because Apple would not help their customers. And he said he and his family would never buy any product from Apple again.

After this experience, I think that it’s time for me and my family to stop using Apple products. In fact, to me Apple products such as phone, watch and tablet are not very user friendly like Android products, but they’re made by American company, so I buy them to support it. But the company does not treat its consumer nice like other American companies do. So bye-bye Apple.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I placed an order for a refurbished MacBook Pro, they withdrew the money right away. Then they changed the delivery date 3 times pushing it to 8 days later. On the delivery day I checked again the status of the order and it said Order Refund issued. I got no notification, nothing. Useless tech support told me that I will have my money back in 3-5 business day. So Apple took and kept my money for almost 2 weeks and I got no computer anyway at the end. Though they offered me a $200 discount on a new machine that is way more expensive than the refurbished one. I guess they only want to sell new computer at a ridiculous price.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Apple product purchased from third party are still covered by 1 year warranty which does include hardware coverage, but Mr. Chard at Apple Store WTC stated this is not true if I purchase it from a third party, it is unacceptable you have such incompetent employee working for you. When being asked to advise regarding a cosmetic damage, even if you're not sure if it is caused by me or directly out of box, you should never say "we are not responsible for that anyway".

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I bought an iPhone 8 Plus from Apple store. But I cannot agree to terms for Sprint. I have spent 2- days trying to correct this problem to no avail. The support team is terrible, Apple will not ship phone till I agree terms and conditions. So in 5 days the order will be cancelled. After this ordeal my next cell phone will not be an iPhone. This company stinks. The company is too big that they don't care about the customer. This company SUCKS!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Made an appointment for a repair. Phone returned and it was not repaired. Employee took the phone and two hours later returned from the back room giving me a new iPhone. What the employee failed to do is review with me the back up procedure. Apps were not backed up along with contacts, etc. After several calls to Apple, I was able to retrieve most of the information, but every app had to be logged in again with new passwords. Returned to the Apple store and although they admitted their mistake and gave me a very experienced tech person, the supervisor never once apologized for the mistake or the inconvenience their error caused. Buyer be aware the level of expertise in Apple stores varies. Genius Bar, not in my opinion. My opinion was also acknowledged by an employee in the store. I will request an experienced and knowledgeable person when I return to an Apple store.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

When I shifted from 30 years as a PC user to Apple in 2011, I realized it was a different culture enshrined in the Apple Store where people actually want to help you free of charge. I have never been disappointed when I went with a problem.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I trust the Apple ecosystem for apps as they do a great job vetting the apps. Their product work perfectly - solid performance and reliability. I would prefer the product costs were lower but then you get what you pay for.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I have had an iPad and iPhone of a long time. Recently upgraded both and handed down the old iPad to my daughter who absolutely loves it. Service is pretty good too. When we rarely have a problem with our equipment the techs at the store take care of it with their knowledge and with a smile. They never make us feel dumb.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

The Apple products I have serve me well. They are easy to use, attractive. They are usually durable and I am careful with them. They interface with everything I need. The only downside is They are rather pricey.

Apple Store Company Information