Apple Store

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Made the reservation in store, and was told the wait time is about 1 hour and a half. Wait for one hour and a half and came back again, was told the reservation is gone! I need to finish it by today so I asked to make a reservation again. Then I was put in line and wait for another 1 hour, nobody taking care of me. The WORST experience I have ever had in the states. I wonder how the Apple stock can be that high.

I dropped my iPad. The screen was black. I did a restore and still black. I made an appt. with the Apple Store at Waterside Shops in Naples, FL. 4 days later I went to the store. Did not have a long wait. The genius bar associate plugged my serial number into his computer and said my iPad was 3 years old and they don't fix them anymore. I could get another one for $249 with 30 day warranty or buy the new model for $399. I told him I'd think about it. He said he would email the information to me (which I never got). Thank goodness I decided to think about it. I went online and found some solutions. I banged the back of the iPad on the arm of an upholstered chair and like magic my screen came to life. My iPad is now working and I'm very happy. It seems Apple is only interested in selling not servicing.

Tried for three days to get Apple to help me... waited on the phone more than 3 hours in total. They promised that a phone was on the way. It was not. Called three more times... same promise... each time waiting at least 30 minutes. Finally got someone who said they had made a mistake and they would rectify the situation in 24 hours. Two days later, still waiting. No apologies, just lousy service. This is my 5th iPhone. They are the worst.

I am shocked at what I got at Apple store, Valley Fair Mall, Santa Clara, at 10:30 AM: I have been Apple loyal client for so many years, and as an IT works for an organization that spends millions of dollars a year on Apple products, we even have a person hired by Apple to manage our requests directly. I am in interaction with Apple products, and I recommend Apple products for my clients but today's experience was completely different at the store, and I want someone to tell me, is this Apple's new way of customer service or it was just one incident?

What I saw was completely unprofessional, unsafe, and unhealthy. I went to Apple store to get iPhone 7 Plus; I went to the store asking for help. Someone told me "You have to wait outside to be lined, someone will help you there." I said "sure, thank you." But when I went outside I found someone taking people's wishes and re-queue them again to another line next to it. These two lines are few meters away from the store because it's in the Mall hallway. Another line is located outside the door; the staff member migrates the second line into a smaller group beside the store.

Now I was waiting, and it was forever, what I saw was shocking. Unsafe: having these stands in the hallway to help in lining people is completely unsafe in case of fire or earthquake, we are in Bay Area. Unhealthy: It's not healthy to stand for one hour without moving. It's unpleasant experience, painful. Unprofessional: It wasn't professional in many ways. Organization: The line wasn't moving. I requested to speak with a manager, the response was that "I would try to get more resources from inside." I couldn't believe that you have four people just to put people in line. Why don't they just help them? It takes less than 10 minutes to sell an iPhone. This mean that you can help 4 people every 10 minutes, a person/2.5 minutes.

Poor handling: I went to ask for the second time. I said I really want someone that understand my situation. A person said, "I am a manager, and I am aware that you spoke with someone, the average iPhone purchase takes about an hour." (Really???) Unethical: I was talking to the people in the line, and we realized that Apple was just using us as a show. They wanted the store to look busy (It's a cheap marketing way to look outstanding).

After waiting more than 30 minutes with no single move, I got very disappointed because I see the staff wasn't busy and the line isn't moving. I spoke again with the manager. I asked "Please help me to understand why it's taking too long, why purchasing iPad or any other thing takes less than five minutes, but we are waiting outside for so long?" He said that there are two answers, "I will say that we will try to get things moving." I said "This is what I see; you are just using us as a show to make the store look busy". He said "This is your opinion, and you are entitled to it, not everyone feels the same." I said, "How do you know?" He answered, "We ask people." Of course, that wasn't true because I was in the line and no one got feedback from us.

Now, that was unsafe, unhealthy, unprofessional, and unethical (Because the store manager was wasting our time to create traffic). Is this what we deserve for our loyalty to Apple? Is our time too cheap to use it as a marketing show for your store? I can't believe that Steve Jobs was striving to cut the operation system start up time for one second while the store manager is intentionally wasting 3600 seconds of our time!

I have to make appointment to Fix my screen my Iphone 6 plus, they don't have time until 3 days later. When I came to Willowbrook Apple store, I have to come to line and make another appointment. They have many employee stand around but they just laugh and talking each other. I have to wait 45 minutes. When I came back to pick my Iphone up, the employee came to gave me the phone and ask me to pay the bill. I gave him my credit card then ask him to install my sim back. He just wanted to took my money, he doesn't care about my request. I have to continue to wait for him. After he charge my money, I request him again. He put my sim card back, it was not working, he left me alone... He doesn't care my phone is working or not. I have to ask another employee. Apple is big company but the customer service is so bad, I cannot believe it. They just want to take your money that's all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

I now own an iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch and could not be happier with the products and the service. Eight months after owning my first iPhone (4S), I accidently dropped in into the toilet and it was ruined. After contacting my provider, where I purchased the phone and my local electronics retailer about perhaps purchasing a refurbished replacement, I was told about the Apple Store Genius bar. "Take it to Apple. They can probably help you." I thought I was doomed to buy a new phone and that this visit to the Genius bar was a long shot. However, I called, got an appointment that day, and when I spoke with the rep, he said they would fix it for $100 and add an all-inclusive warranty, if I was willing to pay an additional $40. I was elated at this, because never, ever before did such service exist on cell phones. Ever.

I think people here are forgetting that Apple completely revolutionized the cell phone warranty and repair business. Before Apple came along, you were SOL and just had to buy a new phone. Warranties were non-existent, except for hardware failures. Wireless providers had you over a barrel with their 2 year contracts. I cracked a screen on my iPhone 6. Totally my fault. And I didn't have Apple Care, but they still replaced the glass for me for only $100. Come on. This is amazing! Bought my Apple watch on sale at a electronics retailer for $250 off retail price, and I was still able to sign up for the user class at the Apple store for free. That's great customer service.

Maybe, just maybe some Apple stores are better than others. Maybe, just maybe Apple has slipped in the customer service department lately. But as I read through all of these complaints, I seriously doubt whether most are even legit. My spidey sense tells me that many, if not most of these complaints are coming from people with completely unrealistic expectations or from competitors who just want to slam Apple.

I'll try to explain situation. I am Apple user for many years. My iPhone 6, I got error of "sim error" one day, and talked to customer care. They suggested to upgrade it to iOS 10. So I took backup, and upgraded it to iOS 10, haven't seen sim card error after that. But then I am having trouble with GPS so I took Genius Bar appointment. They said to reinstall OS, and I did. Same issue so the guy said "It's something wrong with phone hardware, but we can't do anything about it." I upgraded to iOS 10 only because customer rep told me to do so. Talked to store manager, he said it sucks that Apple can't fix it, but he can't do anything about it so even if you take care of your phone very well, but something is wrong with hardware which is built by Apple, but Apple can't fix it, you're pretty much screwed?

I have many Apple products, and I take care of all of them very well, but this is something I can't control, and as it's Apple product, they also take their hands in the air and said "SORRY WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING." This is very frustrating. I am right at the edge of losing my trust to Apple, its products and its service. I used to praise Apple even if it was costly for some and compared to other phones, only because its great service to customers that it's worth paying for the product.and Apple's customer service, no one can do better than them. But seems like it's changing.

I love Apple products and its culture. For that reason I decided to replace my old iPad with a new one. Last month I purchase an iPad. I was told at the Sarasota UTC Apple Store that the equipment was under warranty for a few months. I took it home, purchase a rubber case and a glass cover to protect the machine. After a few days of use one big clean line appear on the screen glass. A crack on the screen glass from top to bottom. I decided to take it to the store, a nice lady salute me, I show her the machine and the crack and explain my reason for the visit. She observes the crack and says "it's fine, when the screen is broken like this, Apple replace the iPad at no charge to you. This is not infrequent, so go get a turn with the Genius Bar rep". So I did.

When it was my turn a young representative approach, I show him the machine, he say that I should pay $340 USD in order to replace the machine. I mention to him that it was under warranty and that I see no reason for me to pay extra money for a manufacture defect. And here comes the outrageous part, he takes the machine inside the shop, to consult with his boss, as he states moments earlier, comes out again after five minutes and says to me "you have to pay the 340 USD, because the glass is chip at the corner! "What?" I replied, "there was no chipping when you took it inside. You know what, I think you broke it inside,and now you come to me with this story. Look at the machine's corner, there is no evidence of a bump, it has always been in the case".

He insist on his story, apparently writes a couple of emails documenting the case. I request a copy of them, which by the way were never delivered to me. I take picture of the machine and request to speak with his supervisor. After a short while the supervisor approaches. I explain the case, he holds his grounds on the 340 USD extra fee. I tell him that the glass had been broken by someone inside the shop and that the Apple rep that welcome me at the entrance could testify that no chips were visible. I told him then she had taken a good look at it. He mumbles that those rep should not release comments and turns away from me. I also took out my iPhone, took a 5 second movie, due to my poor memory for faces and situations, and also in order to document the matters taking place. I put the iPhone away, after a polite request and explanation that no filming is allowed inside the shop.

The two men discuss privately and the one with higher hierarchy return to me and say that they will replace the iPad at no charge. I got a new machine, but the fact of the matter is that the Apple Store employees were trying to make me pay for something covered under warranty, and worse, evidence of mishandling and a chip on the iPad screen inside the shop to make it look like it was my bad, is inadmissible and brings up a concern on what is going on inside the Sarasota UTC Apple Store. This should not be happening, it must be informed to Apple and hopefully corrected by proper authority for the benefit of the general public, the consumers and the Apple customer culture.

I cancelled my Apple music subscription and "expired" was reflected on renewal options. Lo and behold I was charged even though I cancelled. I have talked to 4 people, and have been on the phone and transferred for 2 hours. I'm not going to give in to them and hang up and pay when I already cancelled. Oh, by the way, I found flaws with their Apple profile, Apple support and iCloud device inventory. They said their senior employee never saw anything like this. Well if they can screw up how they keep track of your devices, I'm sure they can make a mistake charging you when you cancel. Glad I unloaded some of their stock and will unload more.

My poor laptop fell off the couch and I took it in for repair. The hard drive was not working well enough to make a backup so I lost a year's worth of files. The staff promised to return a fixed Mac in 3-5 days, and they might have to wipe the hard drive. When I got home I realized the files had not backed up AND it still had a rattle. So we now drive BACK to the store in rush hour traffic so they can try to fix it again. The non-helpful phone rep, while able to verbally acknowledge the difficulty, was not able to offer a gift certificate to reimburse us for our wasted time or gas. The ever so smart marketing or customer service or quality department never imagined this might happen and so never came up with a solution.

Nothing is forever. Worsens the Apple brand. They say the markets, says the web. The engineers colleagues complain of software errors. Apple Center subject to competition from the online Apple Store. But I did not believe it. I closed my eye on a few flaws detected over the years. But today it was too much for me... I got really angry!! It happened to me that I have always spoken well of Apple. Apple Italy has in fact been in my heart since 1981. To date, with mutual satisfaction. Over the past year I bought for work, family, study, entertainment, gift, about ten thousand euro Apple products.

Last week I order the fourth Macbook Pro retina Beats taking advantage of the summer promotion. Ok I pay as per invoice and then a few hours later apologizing, the Assistance write two lines (of course after having proceeded to send me only Mac without Beats headphones as a present) that as I had already purchased a Mac book this year, I cannot enjoy dell incentive as promised... "TO GIVE THE POSSIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN ALL OF THE PROMOTION!!!" Apple thank you but you're quite wrong. I returned the package to the carrier. Lost customer. End. Finito Apple!

My issue is repetitive, and they do not care. They charged me over 450$ to replace my iPhone 6 plus, even if I mention that happened to my brother, my mom, my friends and 2nd time to me. My screen was freezing too sometimes. They say out of warranty. I paid 1200$ for that phone, and can't last even 8 months since last replacement due to screen issues, No scratch, never dropped, always used screen protector and case. This is really shame to apple.

I have been an Apple supporter and customer since 1986. I have owned over 50 computers, plus iPhones since the 2007 original, iPads since the original and many other Apple products. My recent experience with my local Apple Store has me at a loss. Instead of acknowledging manufacturer defects, the company is misrepresenting the problems and failing to stand behind its products. I purchased an Apple Watch for over a thousand dollars and the watch band black coating has rubbed off with normal use. My iPhone 6 Plus has bent from normal use. Their response is "So what? Pay us more money and we will replace our defective product." We need consumer protection laws like Australia to keep companies like Apple from ripping off the public.

I had an issue with an iPhone I bought and so I called their technical support on ** and I spoke with a gentleman called Michael. He was so rude and not helpful at all. He did not seem to care about what I was telling him the problem was. When I asked him his last name, he told me it was ** but I knew he was lying about it. This is the worse customer service experience ever and Apple really shouldn't be hiring people like that.

I went to the store, waited 1/2 just to get an appointment to drop off my phone. Then another 1.5 hours to get the appointment. They were not even very busy. Staff was impatient and rude.

Went to store as earphones had quit working 4 months into a one year guarantee. Was told I needed to make an appointment to get them looked at. I asked if I could leave them as I had another commitment. Was told no. Live out of town. Don't have time or resources to come back for an "appointment". Was told "if you needed your car fixed you would need an appointment." This is not a car... they are malfunctioning ear buds. Give me a break.

I came in because my iPhone was only working while on speaker. I googled the problem and it looked as if there were many pages describing similar situations. From the moment I walked into this store, people working there weren't really interested in helping to solve the problem, but rather kept making sales pitches trying to convince me to upgrade. One of the employees took my phone into the back without asking me and came back saying that they suspect that the phone was refurbished and therefore could not help me. This was a blatant lie and another "sales technique" to try and get me to buy a new phone.

I bought the phone brand new in box from T-Mobile. After leaving the store, I stopped at T-Mobile and was shown the history of my purchase with the warranty approval from Apple, which means that it was a brand new phone when purchased. The person at T-Mobile also mentioned that this particular problem was very well-known to Apple and that they used to fix it on the spot. I used to think that Apple was a different kind of company that was forward looking, but it seems that they have changed their business model.

Hi everyone, I just want to share a story with you. I was getting my phone repaired in the Apple Store on 6/22/16 in Fashion Valley, CA and the manager (Drew) was mean, rude, and condescending because she made a hole on my screen. So I asked them what happened and she said it was an air bubble. In fact, it was because the technician tightened it with the wrong screw. So, I asked her to prove it to me where the water damage was and she took my phone in the back and cut the side cable in my phone, just because she wanted me to buy the refurbished phone for $299 + tax. I mean, if you want people's business and you do ** things behind your customer's back, do you really think that people will give you their money? Wake up! I thought this company was a good company and they wouldn't do such unlawful, unethical, or ** things. In fact they did.

We were searching for some answers at ConsumerAffairs.com and found out that we were not alone. Apparently, ripping off and treating customers like ** is Apple's business model. If I knew this was how they ran their business, I would never buy their products. I thought the iPhone 6S would last longer, but it only lasted for 6 months and she had the nerve to damage other people's property even more by cutting one of the cables in my phone. This behavior is malicious, unacceptable, and she has no right to damage my phone or any other customers'. What you should do before you go in their store? You should definitely take pictures of your phone as evidence and never let them touch your phone if possible. Or never go to their store, period. These two phones are the last investment we will ever make in Apple.

Quaker bridge Mall, Lawrenceville NJ. My mac battery exploded. I was told I had to make an appt with a tech specialist to simply exchange a battery. The wait was supposed to be 50 min. 1 hr later I was told it was another 20 min. After 20 min I was told it was going to be another 2 hrs!! Really Apple?? You expect a customer to wait over 3 hrs to exchange a defective battery? I was going to buy an Apple TV. I will never purchase another Apple product.

I made an appointment with the Apple store at 5 for a simple screen damage repair. I go in and wait in line and had to wait a half hour to be seen. Told me it would take an hour repair so I left and came back around 6:30. The lady told me that they were unable to repair the phone and was giving me a new phone and would still be charged for damage. Took the steps to set up the new phone and it would not even stay on. I repeatedly told the lady there was something wrong with the new phone. After speaking to the manager, they finally got me another phone.Then I was told I had the two step verification and it took two hours to figure out how to fix that. I was there for three hours until closing just to have a simple repair. Very unhappy customer.

I made an appointment to fix my cracked iPhone screen. I walked in and it took 30 minutes before someone could assist me. The guy I talked to was very nice and informative. He said that if they were not going to be able to fix the screen, I could get a new phone for 270$ give or take. I said I didn't want a new phone since my phone was working fine (I had been using it for months with no issues) and that I was confident the glass could be replaced. He said it might happen the screen would be a bit misplaced if they were not able to fix it to which I was OK with. Well, when I got it back, the screen was not a bit misplaced, it was completely taped up with scotch tape. The home button was not working and when I tried to untape it, the whole screen detached!!!

I hadn't left the store yet so I went back asking what had happened and they had to nerve to say "You did not want it to be replaced for $300 and we warned you this could happen." Well no, you didn't tell me that I would be giving you, the Apple store, a completely working phone only to leave with a nonworking taped phone!!! I'm really upset and baffled and I will be filing a formal complaint! I had to buy a freaking new phone when mine was working just fine. I should have taken it to the Chinese store at the end of the street for a better job! Oh and mind you, no apologies whatsoever, they actually gave me attitude! Stay away from this unprofessional store! So much for customer service. They even told me that they didn't charge me. What would you be charging me for, the scotch tape??

I cannot believe the lousy customer service that one gets at the store. You make an appointment and come in early and then they make you wait, literally, hours and don't have the courtesy to tell you how long the wait is. If I can call a gov office and they can tell me that I will have a wait of X minutes how is it that Apple with all the computing power and "geniuses" that they have cannot do the same? Incredibly bad customer service.

I've been an ardent & continuous customer of the iPhone ever since it first came out in 2007 until date. My phone fell & the screen was damaged. When I approached the Genius Bar they examined my phone & told me that the glass plate/screen of my iPhone 5 does not belong to Apple & has been installed by a 3rd party. I was flabbergasted. Ever since I got the iPhone 5 the only time I have ever taken it for repair was to the same Apple Genius Bar at Fairview Mall (Don Mills/Sheppard - Toronto, ON,CAN) to replace the battery (under warranty). I have not taken it to any other 3rd party to have anything else fixed. That being the case how could the stamp (he informed me) belong to a 3rd party. Does it mean whoever fixed my battery at the Apple store put in a 3rd party screen on my phone? How else could it have gotten there? Unless it came to me with that on in the first place.

This is a very bad experience for me and this is the first time I regret buying an iPhone. They returned the phone to me & said it cannot be fixed by them. I am now moving onto a Samsung galaxy & will not go back to being an Apple customer again after using only the iPhone since 2007. I did not expect such a treatment from such a big company who obviously do not seem to value customer experience or service.

Brought in two iPhone 6s I own. One has a bend in it and the other the battery life is terrible, far below advertised. They wanted $329 to fix the iphone with bend and claimed my battery was fine on the other one. I asked for a manager and Rudi ** appeared and was very rude and arrogant. In fact most of the employees were standing around chatting with each other and only a few were actually helping customers with problems. I was quoted 5-10 minutes when I arrived and we waited almost one hour. Rudi should be terminated.

I founded ** #1 online vitamin retailer I took public on NASDAQ and Kroger recently purchased. We had millions of customers we served per year and if I ever had an employee treat a customer the way these people including Rudi treated my family and I they would be immediately terminated. I have spent tens of thousands on Apple products the last ten years. Those days are over. Time to give LG G5 a chance for smartphone and go back to Dell computers! Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave!

After paying $1,000 for an iPhone 6 Plus with 128 gb, I was given a box with one that has one with 64 gb capacity. It was the eighth item I purchased from them and will be the last. After less than one year, even though I have an extended warranty, when I called the store I was transferred to a number that rang for about seven minutes and it was obvious that no one was going to answer the phone. If you walk in the front door, a person will jump to your attention in a split second but when it comes time to backing the product Apple has absolutely no interest in you. Save your funds for better things and boycott these all streeters.

I purchased my daughter a rose gold, IPhone 6S October 2015 from the Apple Store in Short Hills mall. She dropped the phone and broke the screen. RACHEL WHO IS THE MANAGER said her screen is a third party screen. I informed Rachel that we are well aware of the rules, since we have been dealing with Apple for years. No water damage and the parts must be original.

I would not replace the screen from a third party then come into the Apple Store and attempt to get my daughters phone fixed knowing they will not fix it. Everyone knows there's always a very long wait as well. Therefore, I would not waste my time. Rachel with her sarcastic comments did not want to even consider the possibly of this product being defective. I am truly disappointed in this store. I have always received exceptional service in the past. Rachel was unprofessional, appeared sluggish and not in tune with reality. I'm wondering if it was more to her story. She was the worst!

Worst store ever. I had all Apple products and this store has made me turn away from Apple products. I've tried several times to have them resolve my Apple issues with no avail. They have the worst customer service ever I'm not exaggerating. The appointment process is terrible. If u show up with no appointment, they treat you like "crap" for better word. I won't be buying an Apple product no more and I tell you what droid is a hundred times better than Apple products. Apple SUCKS!!!

Last year I was having problems turning my Mac on. I took it to a repair shop and they told me the "motherboard" fried. I had this Mac for only 18 months. I decided to take it back to the store I had purchased it from. Park City Lancaster Pa. They told me it may not be fixable, but for $280.00 they would send it off to repair. I offered to pay for it and they refused to take my money. I had questioned them about this Mac product being defective and they refused to admit this even after I had seen 8 to 10 MacAir computers for repair at the last repair store.

I had informed the employee at Park City that I was unable to drive and may take a few weeks to pick up after it was repaired. They said I would be contacted by email. I told them that would be impossible for me since my only source to obtain email was this computer. I went to this store to pick up my Mac on 4-13-16 and they told me twice they could not find my Mac. Then floor manager came and told me I took too long to pick it up and they got rid of it. I am a Vet and I have been disabled for over two years. I had used my disability money I saved to purchase this defective product this business sold me and then stolen from me. These employees at this store were arrogant and laughed to my face about their actions and stated I had no rights and their actions of pilfering my Mac was a normal event in this store. They refused to get me a store manager.

The process at the store was terrible. I was treated as stupid/unimportant. I only have cell service so it's important that my phone work. Unable to receive or make calls is serious to me. The service technician was great! Android possible!

This review is for my daughter's phone. I am not an iPhone user and will never be after this experience. The screen went completely black on an iPhone 6 that is less than one year old. Display works because you can see the screen (barely) if you shine a bright light on the screen but it is so dim it's almost black. Took it to AT&T (my carrier) since the phone is still under warranty. They tell me they don't touch Apple phone, I have to go to an Apple store. There are no Apple stores in less than a 20 mile radius from my house so we call to make an appointment, they can't get us in until 6 days later!!! Show up to the "appointment" and have to wait 20 minutes... for an appointment! Then they tell me they can fix the phone under the warranty but I won't be able to get it back until the next day. What kind of a company leaves a customer hanging for so many days?! Sorry Apple, you have failed to convert this android user.

Apple Store Company Profile