1.97/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

288 Apple Store Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I bought an iPhone 8 Plus from Apple store. But I cannot agree to terms for Sprint. I have spent 2- days trying to correct this problem to no avail. The support team is terrible, Apple will not ship phone till I agree terms and conditions. So in 5 days the order will be cancelled. After this ordeal my next cell phone will not be an iPhone. This company stinks. The company is too big that they don't care about the customer. This company SUCKS!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Made an appointment for a repair. Phone returned and it was not repaired. Employee took the phone and two hours later returned from the back room giving me a new iPhone. What the employee failed to do is review with me the back up procedure. Apps were not backed up along with contacts, etc. After several calls to Apple, I was able to retrieve most of the information, but every app had to be logged in again with new passwords. Returned to the Apple store and although they admitted their mistake and gave me a very experienced tech person, the supervisor never once apologized for the mistake or the inconvenience their error caused. Buyer be aware the level of expertise in Apple stores varies. Genius Bar, not in my opinion. My opinion was also acknowledged by an employee in the store. I will request an experienced and knowledgeable person when I return to an Apple store.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

When I shifted from 30 years as a PC user to Apple in 2011, I realized it was a different culture enshrined in the Apple Store where people actually want to help you free of charge. I have never been disappointed when I went with a problem.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I’m a long time user of Apple products, but recently hearing that they are lagging behind other brands and manufacturers... and even other ‘die-hard’ Apple users are talking about switching to PC - which does not bode well for the future of Apple. The few occasions I have had to use the Apple service/stores, I have had very prompt and pleasant results. My MacBook laptops have outlasted my PC laptops by a considerable margin.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I trust the Apple ecosystem for apps as they do a great job vetting the apps. Their product work perfectly - solid performance and reliability. I would prefer the product costs were lower but then you get what you pay for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I have had an iPad and iPhone of a long time. Recently upgraded both and handed down the old iPad to my daughter who absolutely loves it. Service is pretty good too. When we rarely have a problem with our equipment the techs at the store take care of it with their knowledge and with a smile. They never make us feel dumb.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I love the Apple ecosystem... when it works! Their Apple MacBook is a pleasure to use, upgrading the software is a breeze and the reliability of the hardware is great. My only real issue is iTunes. I have a permanent battle with this system. I think I have spent about 6 months in total on the phone or chatting with Apple trying to resolve issues. This is a VERY fragile piece of software that is always going wrong. Maybe it is partly the fact that I originally had it set up on a Windows computer. I have now moved my iTunes to my MacBook so maybe I will have better luck with this arrangement. Watch this space!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

The Apple products I have serve me well. They are easy to use, attractive. They are usually durable and I am careful with them. They interface with everything I need. The only downside is They are rather pricey.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Every time I got to the Apple Store I leave content with their service. I took my Apple Watch Series 1 that I bought on the day it was available to buy (over 3 year). I was ready to fight because the back came off just like that. They reassured me they’ll find a solution. Well they ended up giving me a repair at no charge as long and it wasn’t damaged because of use. Well 3 days later I got a call to come pick up my watch. They said they just sent a brand new one instead. That’s good customer service right there. They might had made an exception too because this was an issue they were aware of and extended the warranty to 3 years, I was really close (not really) to the 3 year mark. I’ve had many good experiences but this is just one of them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

It has been impossible to change my password for the Apple Store. When I requested a phone call, I immediately wrote in the six digit code, it was deemed incorrect twice, then I was no longer allowed to receive any codes. So frustrating since I don't have a text service right now. I am ready to ditch my Apple loyalty and start purchasing Huawei.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

1123 of 2018 purchased two iPhones are new and we were supposed to get a refund and total of $178. Unfortunately in the FinePrint that is not so we got those gift cards for only the app store and iTunes music which I never use and I asked them at the Apple Store if that refund from the phones will be used at any Apple store and they promised and guaranteed me that’s why I purchased those darn phones. Unfortunately again I was going to use that refund to purchase a new Apple Watch but buyer be well don’t trust Apple.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

New smartphone owner. Took over my sons iPhone. He recommended I take it in before the end of the year because Apple had been caught cheating customers with batteries and they were offering $29 batteries to replace the bad ones through the end of the year. They took my iPhone to the back so a technician could change out the battery. I had to wait 2 hours for the "appointment" and another hour for the expert to change the battery. They not only broke my phone so I can't even turn it on but lost all my pictures I had taken over Thanksgiving and Christmas. They offered to replace the phone and I may take it back to exchange but not until I attempt to get a qualified technician to attempt to retrieve my photos.

The customer service rep was condescending, telling my 21 year old son, that she "has the feeling he understands" what she was trying to explain to me. I understood, I just wanted them to explain how a tech company can screw up perfectly good technology and then just say oops. If they are so technically proficient then why can't they change a battery out without permanently damaging a phone. I won't be replacing any future phones with Apple phones. My tech son uses a Galaxy phone now anyway because he didn't like the control freaks at Apple.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Switched to AT&T in July and bought an iPhone from them. The first week of October the phone would not turn on. As the phone was still under warranty I made an appointment at the Genius Bar at the Twelve Oaks Apple store. It was Sunday October 7th and the store was packed. Making the appointment was of no use as I waited well over an hour past my appointment time. The tech who tried to help me was very nice, but he had no luck getting the phone to turn on either. After several tests he admitted that the phone was defective and that he would get me a new phone.

A little while later he came back and said that my particular phone was (red) not in stock at the store. He tried all the stores in Metro Detroit and there were zero red phones. He said it would take 5 days to get a replacement. By now it was well over two hours past my appointment and I was pretty upset. I planned to go out of town that week and couldn’t do it without a phone. I asked for a different color phone but was refused. Especially since it was a new phone and still under warranty which had stopped working for no fault of mine.

The store manager came and spoke to me and said the tech would call the Apple Service for me and get a phone shipped to my home as an express service. He explained that I would have to give my credit card info so a hold could be placed until I shipped back the defective phone. The tech placed a call and ordered the phone for me. A couple days later I got the phone in the mail and all was well. I shipped the defective phone back and got an email confirmation that it was received. I thought that was the end of the matter. However I am now being charged $600 for the replacement phone!!! If they had not mislead me I could have gotten my phone replaced with AT&T at no charge as I subscribed to their protection plan. I am very disappointed and disillusioned by Apple products, Apple store and online service. Terrible experience all round and expensive too!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

My teenage daughter bought a refurbished iPhone 7 from the Apple Store website with a 1 year warranty the end of October with her own hard earned money from her summer job. Within two weeks she realized the back camera and flash did not work so requested a return authorization to repair. They are now refusing to repair the phone because upon inspection they found 3rd party parts in the phone and they only use "genuine Apple parts". Well apparently not if there are 3rd party parts in the phone that you sold her.

They are wanting her to pay more money to repair it. When I asked them if they inspect and repair turned in phones before they resell them the answer was yes and they only use "genuine Apple parts". She had the phone less than 1 month, purchased it from Apple and they won't fix it. I will never give this company 1 penny and I am submitting a report to the BBB today and leaving an honest crappy review everywhere I can find to leave a crappy review.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I am researching something besides Apple. I have been three times now to the store for service. After ten years of total loyalty I am bailing out. Waiting a week for service is not my cup of tea. Perhaps Warren Buffett's confidence in Apple is misplaced.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

My son wants to buy a iWatch for me as a gift. So I went into the store to learn about features and benefit as well as picking up color and style of the band. I walked into store but no one paid any attention to me. I then located a table with iWatched. An Apple employee was standing by the table. I

Asked if he could help me. He said he was there to help. But as I asked my question he would started addressing other people’s questions in the middle of my sentences. This went in for a while till I got fed up.

I then asked someone else’s for help and she called another person and said he is the store manager. I told him what I tried to do and also related my unpleasant experience. He was not a bit apologetic. Instead he told me the employee at the iWatch table is not there to help me. It’s not his job and he did not do anything wrong. I told him that did not appear to be the case as he helped everyone else but me. The manager just gave me a short answer ‘it’s not his job’ to whatever I was saying. I was frustrated at his apparent stonewalling and I said that I don’t understand what was the reason that he put everyone else ahead of me. Is it the way I look or the way I speak?

At that point the Mgr. yelled at me and told me not to go there. I did not quite understand what he meant. Before I could respond he went on to tell me that I should have first asked one of two employees at the entrance. I told him I did not see anyone and that’s why I wondered to the iWatch table. By that time he was even more hostile. He said they ALWAYS have people at the entrance. That really angered me I said, "Now you are accusing me of lying?" He then said very coldly “Do you want someone to help?” And he was ready to walk away. I was angry but I drove all the way from PA and I was afraid that if I continue to question him he would call the police on me. So I swallowed my anger and say yes. He told me to stay in one place and wait. It took close to 30 min. before someone came by. This person is an older gentleman and he was very polite and helpful.

This is such an unpleasant experience in my 20+ years of shopping at this store. I am a loyal Apple devices user. Over the years I have bought multiple Airbooks, iPads, Apple TV and iPhones. In addition I bought them for my family members. This is such a shock. I think I expressed a legit concern and there is no reason for the Mgr to be so rude to me. I resent being treated so disrespectfully. I want to share with my fellow consumers.

The store is at the Christians small in Wilmington DE. And the store manager’s name is Shawn **. Please stay away from him. The time I shipped was around 1 pm on Tue. Dec. 11, 2018. Store was only about 30/40% of peak crowd. No reason to be so short tempered. It saddens me to see that a company that I held with such respect in both product offering and services had deteriorated to such level. I sincerely hope the Apple company will take this as a constructive suggestion and do a better job training their people, including managers.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I went to the Apple store in Naples FL, after backing up the phone and then deleting the data at home. They verified the phone information and then asked me to return after an hour. Upon return I was told that they found water damage and since there is a risk of battery fire they won’t replace it! I asked them to completely drain the battery and then replace it but they refused. Water damage in my phone is impossible because I have never dropped it in water and since this is an iPhone 7 it is supposed to be water resistant. Naples FL is a rich neighborhood with old folks where Apple make good money. I think Apple is playing cheap. So disappointed!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I Purchased an iPhone X and a few accessories like a Belkin wireless charging pad from the online apple store. iPhone X arrived DOA, simply would not turn on. I called Apple support and let them know the problem. They first tried to charge me to have the phone returned for repairs. I told them, "NO, This is a new phone that was DOA." They continued to try to get me to give them a credit card number and have me ship the phone to them for a repair. I said repeatedly that I was not only not going to pay for the service charge but that I also did not want a repaired phone. I purchased a NEW phone and wanted another NEW phone (not a repaired one) in return.

After about an hour on the call I finally insisted on speaking with a supervisor who after going through the same gymnastics said I was correct and I should get a new phone free of charge in return. I did have to ship them the phone, wait until they received it and verified it was their problem before they shipped out the new phone.

Now part 2, The wireless charging pad stopped working after about a month of use. The Belkin instructions says to return it to the purchasing store for replacement. I called Apple support and told them the problem. They sent me to a certified Apple repair store in my area for replacement. The store representative said that it’s not an Apple product and they could not do anything. So Apple is selling products in its store that it does not support and that cannot be returned regardless if they work or not. I will have to go through Belkin warranty services if I want any hope of getting some satisfaction. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FOR THE APPLE STORE AGAIN! And, I’m at the moment totally turned off all Apple products in general. What a horrible company!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

So I went to the Apple Store the other weekend to check out their new products and to identify what the differences between the iPhone XS Max and my current phone the iPhone 7 Plus (apparently there is no difference, but I had time to waste). As a result, I went to go fool around on their MacBook computers for a little bit until someone came over to serve me and ask if I needed any help. Instead, I was there for 3 hours with employees not discussing to customers, instead of debating amongst themselves and I was never asked even once if I needed help with anything. Such a dissatisfying time there. Some of the employees glared at me and did not come over to approach me. Inferior customer service and would not recommend anyone to ever go to the Apple Store 'cause their employees are ** and do not know how to serve people properly.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

This review pertains specifically to the Apple Store at La Cantera in San Antonio, TX -- as well as the Apple customer service available by phone. I purchased a new MacBook Pro 13" in 2017 and have had to have the battery/motherboard replaced 3 times. After receiving it back the third time, I was told the bottom half of the laptop had been replaced -- not only was the battery/CPU problem worse, the speakers were also buzzing.

The Apple customer support reps always refer you to an Apple Store support team in your area, but the Apple Stores always have limited customer service support reps available. Wait times are RIDICULOUS -- not to mention the wait times associated with service requests (5-7 days). I received an email today requesting that I call the Apple La Cantera team for info regarding my support request -- I sat on hold for 15 minutes without ever reaching a rep before the phone simply hung up. Apple customer support is literally the worst I've ever experienced -- I'd avoid buying any Apple products just to avoid the potential quarrelsome customer support experiences that might follow...

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I replaced iPhone 6s battery at Apple store. However battery was still draining very fast. After second battery replacement together with format & IOS reinstallation to eliminate software and battery issue, problem is still there. Apple store told me there is nothing more can be done and the only thing is to replace phone. As I left with no choice, decided to bring to a small phone repair shop. Turns out the shop can repair it immediately, stating it’s motherboard power leakage, apparently a common problem. Apple store is obviously ripping off customer. If Apple unwilling to provide repair services then say so, why bluff customer that it has to be replaced so we will buy another.

The phone was used 2.5 years only and bought it brand new. I searched and so many others around the world has the same issue. Seems Apple has serious product quality issue nowadays. On top of poor technical support capability. Why would I pay for premium Apple phone price, for a substandard product with lousy customer support? I am seriously think to no longer stay with iPhone for my next phone.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Terrible experience with their Apple executive customer. Her name is Jessica. At beginning I call their 3 customer reps and they said that they will return my gift card into the store credits. And suddenly the 3th associate turns me down because his supervisor misunderstands his words and why the first two cs agree to return the cards. And later the BBB finds their executive customer, Jessica. She calls me every day and gradually I understand that she just wants to insult me and ask me to break the label on back for the investigation. So I told her I can't touch anything and keep the origin look. Especially I want to return these cards to get the store credits back. She is so mad what I want to do.

But I suppose a normal procedure for the exchange or refund that should be verify the product's existence with the proof (I follow her words to take photos in front and back with receipts). But her action team told her to ask me to break the label on back of the gift cards(?). I suddenly feel they are suspicious my motive. God, do I endure such insult to exchange some gift cards? This Jessica calls me for 3 days and wants me to break the label and activate the gift cards. I told her I can't.

But I can get the notary public to prove that I didn't open the gift cards. And she is angry again, I ask you to give me the 16 serial code number on back with photos. But, I can send it back. Why you don't accept it and insult me again and threaten me to return those products (I cost $34 in shipping cost). I think she just follow their company's policy, not engage with customers. Just screwing out with them. I am threaten by Jessica all the week and she just has no place to relieve except me!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I have to give a big shout out to the employees at the Apple Store on Clarendon Boulevard in Arlington, VA. EVERYONE is professional, helpful, knowledgeable, personable & understanding. I had just left an AT&T Store, where one of the two the employees was an absolute jerk. To walk into an Apple Store & be treated with courtesy & respect the very SECOND that I walked into the store was a relief & a pleasure. Yes, they solved my problems!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Purchased a new iPhone X from the Apple online store for my daughter’s birthday. I’ve had problems in the past getting merchandise from the store in a timely manner, so I ordered her phone a number of weeks early so it would be here for her birthday. After she opened her gift we went to the AT&T store to have the new phone activated (this phone was still in an unopened box) and it was DOA, could not be turned on and plugging it in did nothing. The AT&T store directed us to an authorized Apple repair store nearby for help. We went there and the phone could not be turned on, they said it was some sort of internal error code and would need to be returned to Apple. I called Apple support, described the issue, and told them we needed a new replacement phone.

They first tried to charge us $38 for the return repair which was totally unacceptable (this was a brand new phone ordered from the Apple store which was DOA, still has all the plastic wrap on the phone). Finally, I was given over to a supervisor who arranged for the phone to be returned and then a new one will be shipped out. I asked if a new one could be shipped out (I was willing to secure it with a credit card number until they received the DOA phone back) but he said NO. So the DOA phone is in route back to Apple and supposedly a new iPhone X will be shipped out to us at some future date. Meanwhile, my daughter waits for her birthday present - a new iPhone X from the online Apple store. This has been a totally disgusting experience, I doubt I will ever do business with Apple again. Complete incompetence!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

An AirPods and the delivery was supposed to in 2 hours. But that did not happen, the Apple website gave me the information that the delivery was going to happen through Postmates and the delivery man stated that the item was delivered without any signature. I can only believe that someone stole it. I went to the Apple Store and no one had any delivery information. Terrible service from Apple and lousy Postmates delivery service. I was charged for the item and the delivery and have nothing done in my house. Poor service from both. So far I have had no return.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I am so disappointed in how Apple Store handles a small issue (a problem with mic) with my iPhone 8. I have been to the store 3 times & called the call center 3 times and every time I have narrate the whole story again & again. Your call center doesn't have the access to retrieve my previous discussions with your agents or they are just incompetent. The hilarious part when one of your agents informed that as they tried everything, then the problem may occur due to the electromagnetic waves emanating from my brain. I am a loyal client to iPhone for almost 10 years & so appalled by such incompetency.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I ordered a new iPhone. It arrived without the Verizon SIM card. I called them & they told me that Verizon will send the SIM card. Waited 2 days. No SIM card. I called again. They told me that I had to call Verizon myself. I told them that it was their responsibility to provide the SIM card and if I had to call Verizon myself, then I'd return the phone. They sent me an email with return label. After getting the box ready to ship, I went online to order the phone through Verizon. But cannot because Apple "locked" the line. I cannot upgrade the phone until after Apple receives the phone and then unlock the line. Evidently Apple company has outsourced their Apple Store to the lowest bidder (probably in Asia somewhere because of the heavy accent of the customer rep I spoke to today).

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Every conversation I have with Apple either online, over the phone or in one of their stores results in a mountain of wasted time and fury at Apple's audacity in calling it "service." Consider this: When you call the number for the nearest store, which has a local area code, you get a service rep in Oklahoma, and you are told, when you ask for an appointment the next day, that they in your nearby store cannot take you until the end of the week. When a place is that booked for service needs, it makes you wonder about their product, doesn't it? But humility? Forget it.

And once you gain an audience with a service "technician," you're lucky if HE (have yet to see a female technician) comes up with a solution to your problem. In the meantime, he is very likely to screw up your computer and sell you an app or two that you'll later find out you don't need. What we need is a union of Apple customers who can make Apple pay us for our time wasted in their pretense of providing service. There should be a consumers' union in this country anyway, and it could cut its teeth on forcing Apple to accept its role as nothing but a vendor of goods AND SERVICES. Apple seems to think that because it is a big company, it can treat customers as supplicants. It's time this company was put in its place.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Family of Mac users, decided to buy Mac for daughter's college online instead of going physically to a retailer, (worst decision ever). Ordered July 10, tracking shipment said it will arrive July 12. No follow up email or contact from them to let me know of any delay. July 16 I called worried and they said they were unable to track "Investigation" set up and they shipped a new Mac on July 17 to arrive July 19 "next day". I contacted them on the 19th, and they had a new date of July 21st (See chat).

July 21st, no show, new delivery of July 24. July 25th, found a wet box on my step. Might have been left overnight. Thank God I live in a safe neighborhood. Mac arrived too late for college and so I just need to return it. And my original Mac from July 12th? Lost in FedEx space. FedEx still has no clue. Best Buy saved the day! They had the college deal and I was actually able to purchase it near her college on registration day (July 22nd) and paid $150 less than the one on the online store. Lesson learned: DON'T BUY FROM THE ONLINE STORE. Attached see screenshot that says "next day shipping" but it shows order on the 17th and delivery on the 24th, lol. Customer service did NOTHING for me. All I got was an "I'm sorry"... syke!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I recently had an issue at the Best Buy at the Fountains of Farrah located in El Paso, Texas. After taking my iPhone 6s Plus to Best Buy for a battery replacement, they ruined my phone. My cameras weren’t working and my phone receiver wasn’t working. Best Buy turned me away and washed their hands from this problem by telling me to contact Apple Care.

Apple Care advised me that my phone was already out of warranty but since Best Buy was not willing to help me, they would take care of their Apple Customer. I went to the nearest Apple store and received a brand new phone, same model. I couldn’t be more grateful. Thank you Apple for taking care of your customers. I highly recommend Apple iPhones, Apple Care and customer service at the Apple stores. Thank you Apple Store located inside the Cielo Vista Mall in El Paso, TX and thank you to the Apple Care representatives too.

Apple Store Company Information