Apple Store
1.38/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Apple Store

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Apple Store Reviews

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I purchased the Lion King: The Signature Collection for $64.99 CAD. It consisted of Lion King, Lion King 2 and Lion King 1-1/2. I noticed that the movies were no longer listed in my library. I called iTunes technical support. I was on hold for 15 minutes before the call was dropped without any response. I called a second time, was able to contact an agent, was transferred two times before I spoke with a supervisor who "resolved" the issue - 1 hour 18 minutes time. The resolution was a lesson in how to back up my purchases. The original provider has removed the collection from the store, so all of my purchases are gone with no option to download them again (unless I want to pay for them a second time). I took away a different lesson. Any guesses as to what it was?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I tried for two days to walk into an Apple store and purchase a laptop (MacBook Pro). Without a reservation I was told that it would be several hours before someone would be available to sell me a MacBook? WTF Apple? The greeter was flippant and told me that the staff primarily worked with customers interested in the new earbuds or in upgrading their iPhones and that I should go home and order online for in store pickup. What a tremendous lost opportunity IMHO. Creating a viable process for purchasing items in the store would certainly increase revenues and may even provide a pathway to better efficiencies and lower overall prices!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I've had a full range of Apple products since 2006. I like the design of the products but have come to hate the company, the greed of the company, the poor product quality, and generally the arrogant/smug customer service I get. I've had significant problems with 60% of my products; it's usually arduous and challenging to get help with the issues. Sometimes I don't get help at all. The problems with the faulty products are too long to mention. I just think overall Apple is so hungry to make money that they've lost product integrity. When there is a widespread problem, Apple just covers it up and lies to the customer until there's enough of us that complain. Over the last two years, I've said never again and I mean it now. I'm done with apple. I really hate this company.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

Well, first of all I bought an iPhone online from Apple full price and paid with pick up in store option. I had a 4:30 "appointment". I was not familiar with the gestapo mindset of their appointment program. I got a call to go to work for 4:00 that day, so I figured I would go early to pick up the phone. I didn't need help getting started. Just give me my boxes and go. I drove 60 miles and arrived at the store at 2:30. As soon as I went inside I knew I was in trouble. It was completely disorganized chaos.

I spoke to one agent who directed me to the supervisor. Well that wasn't the supervisor that day, "Christina" was. Christina blocked me within 10 seconds and told me to return the phone if I wanted. She said she didn't care. I'm pretty patient and didn't make a scene. I went outside and returned the stuff I bought and drive the 60 miles back home, never to return again. It makes me so sad that people invest in the Apple culture. Honestly I'm sad that cell phones exist.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I received a watch in June and started having issues with step counts within the first few weeks. I contacted the online support with no resolution. Then the Apple store in Edmonton Alberta who sent it to the depot in Ontario only to say it was fine. Three months later Apple won't refund/replace the watch but insist they will work with me to fix the issue, no matter how much time is spent on this. When is enough enough... Replace it!!! Worst service ever. Would never recommend the product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

I purchased a new iPhone 11 at Apple online for my daughter to pick up at the Santa Barbara store on my way through town to move her in to college since the Apple Store said that they had it in stock at that location. I made an appointment at the time to pick it up. When we got there the store said we could not pick it up because Apple had flagged our account with some what I will call a ghost notification stating that some other person was being designated to pick up. We were told at the store that we had to call Apple online to resolve this even though we had not designated anyone else and this was Apple's error. The clerk informed us the phone was there so, just work it through with Apple online first. Sounded like Apple had a security error on the privacy of the transaction with some 3rd party trying to pick up our phone.

We ended up calling three times, getting disconnected twice and getting 3 different stories. One was that they did not know why the flag was there and couldn't figure it out. One was that there really was no reason we could not pick up our phone. The third reason was that even though we had set the appointment to pick it up, and received the confirming receipt of transaction there was some mysterious second email that we were supposed to wait on stating the order was now ready to pick up. The third person at the Apple online store became incensed at the store for not releasing our phone to us, but because the second Apple online service agent had given him the second notification excuse he claimed that he was not able to release our phone to us.

In the end, the excuses prevailed and they refused to give us our bought and paid for phone until the mystery notification came through and then we could come back and wait in their 30 minute line again. This did nothing to get us the phone for my daughter that we were dropping off at school that day, and we were from out of town, only at that store because they had it in stock. I then tried to buy the phone from the retail store in a separate transaction since they had it in stock there. That store then changed to they don't even have one. It also turns out that the store reported this is not the first time that they have had to inconvenience a customer with this ghost notification that they don't really understand what it came.

As a result I cancelled the transaction in hopes of picking the phone up somewhere else for her. Unfortunately I was not able to do that and had to leave her on her own at college without the phone. This was in addition to losing about an hour and a half that day dealing with the bureaucracy. This, and several other experience with Apple has caused me to conclude that Apple's whole system is so full of controls and complicated that they don't even know what they are doing. Apple has created a system that even its own employees sometimes can't find their way around it. I, for one will never buy another Apple product for myself. They create too much confusion and frustration. I am sure my wife and kids will eventually feel this way too as they face the daunting task of dealing with Apple directly.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Worst customer service I have ever had. Apple does not stand behind their products. There’s a recall on iPhone 7 devices, they flat out refused to do anything for their failed processing system. Updated and restored the phone, all the sudden it says unable to activate. Apple tried to literally say it was our fault... The phone's in perfect condition has always been in a life proof case. We have been Apple customers since the first iPhone came out. We have FIVE devices through them and have never made a complaint before. They have lost us as customers. We will be switching to Samsung, hearing way too many issues from Apple devices. They do not work for the customer that’s for sure, each person I talked to was rude and short. I hope their business continues to decline. They are the ** company I’ve ever seen.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Until now, I thought the Apple Store took privacy seriously. Unfortunately, if you buy a G-Tech hard drive from the store and it fails 3 weeks later, you're screwed by both companies — UNLESS — you are willing to give them all your data on the drive. G-Tech claims they destroy the drive (not an honest statement). If that was true (it's not) it wouldn't matter if they received it back from Apple at least semi-destroyed (like with a hole drilled in so your private info could not be retrieved). Apple claims they won't get their $80 back from G-Tech if they send them a destroyed, to-be-destroyed hard drive, and won't compromise because that $80 might eat into their $50+ BILLION quarterly profits. Apple's $80 cost of purchasing a defective product to sell me is/was more important to them than my privacy.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Had a very very bad experience at Apple Store - Irvine Spectrum Mall. The employee threatened to take back my daughter's phone and behaved nastily. We went there because my daughter's new phone stopped working while she was traveling away with her school.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I needed to get an estimate for a common problem - a key on my Probook keyboard wasn't working. Over the phone they told me to get an exact estimate they'd need to run a diagnostic on the computer and I should bring it in. I called my local Apple store (Portland Pioneer Place) to confirm that I'd need to bring it in to get an estimate for a keyboard repair. They mentioned I'd need a diagnostic run. I brought it in early for my appointment, as requested. 20 minutes after my appointment time they finally got around to helping me. Without running a diagnostic or even looking at it they told me it'd be $575 and there was no point running a diagnostic. Whoever answers their phones needs training and the whole process is a huge waste of time.

Apple Store Company Information