Apple Store
1.42/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Apple Store

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Apple Store Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Had a very very bad experience at Apple Store - Irvine Spectrum Mall. The employee threatened to take back my daughter's phone and behaved nastily. We went there because my daughter's new phone stopped working while she was traveling away with her school.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I needed to get an estimate for a common problem - a key on my Probook keyboard wasn't working. Over the phone they told me to get an exact estimate they'd need to run a diagnostic on the computer and I should bring it in. I called my local Apple store (Portland Pioneer Place) to confirm that I'd need to bring it in to get an estimate for a keyboard repair. They mentioned I'd need a diagnostic run. I brought it in early for my appointment, as requested. 20 minutes after my appointment time they finally got around to helping me. Without running a diagnostic or even looking at it they told me it'd be $575 and there was no point running a diagnostic. Whoever answers their phones needs training and the whole process is a huge waste of time.

Original review: July 27, 2019

Mid June 2019 my Apple iCloud disappeared. I have contacted Apple and spoke to Sr Advisors 3 times. No help at all - and I went to the Apple Store in Leawood, KS, told them Apple deleted my iCloud- They just told me to call Apple again. This iCloud was 7 years old- Approximately 7000 photos of my daughter's childhood - GONE! Apple will not help me! Do not buy Apple products- Do not back up to their iCloud. They do not take responsibility for their services- Everyone I have talked to at Apple doesn't care. They are not taking responsibility for deleting my iCloud and offer no help at all. TERRIBLE customer service!! THE WORST!!

Original review: July 23, 2019

They don’t care at all about people. Their prices suck. They don’t have good lifetime insurance or warranties. They just keep helping walk-ins even when we had an appointment. They never have solved our problems when we go to the store. They are a horrible company!!!

Original review: July 23, 2019

Apple Store is the most horrible place one can ever be in. My MacBook Pro started acting up and unfortunately my husband and myself had to go to through this horrible experience. Because it had started acting up, we decided to upgrade the MacOS to the latest (Mojave). The upgrade got stuck in between and didn't let us into the system. Unfortunately, I had no data backup (which I agree is my fault entirely). After doing enough online research and figuring ways to correct it ourselves, we decided to take it to the Mac store. This was a walk-in appointment. We were met with this really rude person - who was not really helping us understand the process diagnosis. He kept blaming us for not taking the back up. He asked us to sign the data agreement - something Apple has started recently to avoid any customer data liabilities.

Since my data was at stake, there was no way I felt comfortable in signing that agreement before understanding what was going to be done. I asked him to explain and he failed to do so. I requested if I can speak to someone else who can help in this situation. That question seem to have short circuited his brain and he started behaving even more rude and stubborn. He insisted I signed it, else he cannot proceed. He showed his big fat ego and did not make an attempt to even explain what he was going to do. I was already anxious and panicking and my husband took over and sweet talked him into explaining what was going to happen so we all can proceed. At that moment, literally, I felt like my husband was Apple Genius and not that person behind the counter. There is just SO MUCH attitude these people throw at you. Sucks!

Eventually, he explained and we realized he is just going to run a first level diagnosis to eliminate possibility of a hardware issue. This wasn't going to harm the data in any way. I just wanted him to call that out and say that any work on the data will be done with consent. Once we ran the diagnosis, nothing showed up as hardware issue, and we rushed to get our data backup from an external party. (Can't tell how relieving that experience was compared to this horrific Apple Genius bar experience. We got done immediately at a small fraction of the cost that we paid Apple for my MacBook Pro.) We went back to the Genius Bar to sort the MacOS upgrade issue as my laptop is still not letting us in. That experience turned to be much much better. The person seemed much more knowledgeable and at least willing to listen to the issue and work with us. This is the first time someone from Apple apologized for what happened. DUH!!

I signed the Data agreement again, she upgraded/ completed installation of macOS Mojave. We tested the machine for a while - the problems I was facing before the OS upgrade seem to be persisting. We discussed a little more details and agreed to watch the machine over sometime and get it back for deeper diagnosis and complete formatting and reinstallation (new machine like). We watched over the Macbook Pro functioning and though it had improved, the problem of apps randomly crashing persisted. We decided to take it back as suggested by the Apple Genius Bar!!!

Just yesterday we went back. I had to explain the entire story once again. The person refused read the detailed notes taken by the earlier service associate prior to my detailed explanation. Attitude! He read it afterwards in front of us. He made me sign the data agreement. He said he will format the disk. We told him while we want the disk formatted and OS reinstalled, we would prefer the machine to go for deeper diagnosis. He made every attempt to talk us out of it saying we still had more than a year with the Apple care. We can come back. Almost everything he said, looked like he is reading out of a disclaimer book that he sat and memorized to vomit out in front of customers like us. He had extreme Ego, attitude problems and superiority complex - just coz he was on the other side of the bar. He did not take in the machine for deeper diagnosis with ease. He made the process tedious and frustrating for us. It took us longer than we imagined.

He kept negating some of the machine problems we showed him, captured on camera and video, saying those are separate issues. He gave a long rant about what is covered and not covered in warranty - which sounded more scary than comforting. (Sorry we asked!) While the machine was undergoing format, we asked him if Apple sold camera masks for laptops - he replied - if Apple has put up the camera on the laptop - it's for a reason - why would we want to hide it. That for me was the most stupid/silly/dumb answer I have every come across. SERIOUSLY??!! (SO sorry we asked!)

I concluded - if you have to go through this Apple Genius Bar experience, ever in your lifetime, God Bless You with all the patience and calmness in the world! Finally managed to drop off the machine, awaiting to hear back from the geniuses. If there was a way to give negative stars - I'd probably choose a -5. For the amount that we pay for Apple products - including the care and insurance, this is definitely not the level of service expected. This surely looks like a downhill for Apple. I am beginning to lose my confidence in the quality of their products and services.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: July 16, 2019

Mamma mia... What has happened to Apple customer service, in particular - the customer service in the Portland, OR store. Desiree had the attention span of a gnat. After spending $3,000.00 on a new laptop, I expected that Desiree would be able to answer basic questions about the start up process, finger print thing for the new computer. She could not stay focused on the task at hand long enough to get past my first question. Geez... Apple has become the Comcast of customer service and that's not good, Apple people you do not want to emulate Comcast's customer service model.

Original review: July 16, 2019

My daughter iPod had gotten stolen. I made a police report and then the iPod magically reappeared the next day except it was smashed to the point it cannot be used at all. I then called on Sunday and spoke to someone and they said I could drive to my nearest store and get it replaced for free. They didn’t take my name or information or start a case on the incident. Then today I drove an hour to the nearest store to get my daughter's iPod replaced and I got told that if I spend $100 they will replace the iPod after I explained everything to them of what I was told on the phone. I was told there is nothing they can do for me until I have the money unless AppleCare said they can do something. I then called AppleCare again and this time I spoke to Mackenzie and she listened to what I had to say and said there wasn’t anything that could be done except pay the $100.

I said I was not happy and that this is bs that I am told one thing and then drive an hour to get it fixed and told something completely different. I am so over the back and forth crap. I wasted gas and my time for nothing except to come and explain to a bawling soon to be 9 year that she is going to have to wait even longer to get her iPod back and that mommy prays there will be no accidents at home ‘cause she won’t have a way to have a hold of me now. I have been a loyal customer for years and will never own anything except Apple for phones. Yet I am being turned away after being told one thing and then being told another. I was apologized over the phone about getting the wrong information but yet not one thing was said about training news well done or what not. I will be getting her iPod fixed as soon as I get the money but don’t expect me to come back and purchase anything else from you.

Original review: July 12, 2019

While in Apple store buying a new iMac, shown a trade in value for my current Mac of $340. NOT told they used an outside firm that could reduce that number. Shipped it to Phobia who handles trade ins and got email saying due to “dents” on the body, they would only send me $85. My iMac trade in sat on my desk, never moved, and had ZERO dents. I accepted that rather than go thru hassle of return and selling online. I consider whole process a bait and switch and advise people using the quoted trade in value as BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I just want to give a big thanks to Apple. They sold me a new iPhone XS that was bent. I paid $1k for the phone and they will not repair or replace the phone since I did not purchase AppleCare. Keep in mind that this phone is only 3 months old and still within the 1 year warranty. This will cost me $500 to repair for a known manufacturer's defect. Thanks Apple, for not standing by your product. I’ll be sure to pass the word along???

Original review: June 11, 2019

I've never had more issues with any product like I have with Apple. I brought in a Mac laptop due to a powering on issue. The charging light was turning on but the computer wouldn't turn on. Brought to the Cerritos Apple store to a technician who said he didn't find anything with it therefore had to be sent out for a flat rate of 500. Clarifies that no matter how small the issue it would be this amount and could only go up unfortunately if damages were bigger. I decided not to proceed as it was an older version and for that price it was just not worth it, so what did I do? I made a HUGE mistake, I purchased a NEW LAPTOP! The old computer was then taken to a different personal technician who clarified it was just a false connection the power button was making.

There was no replacement of any sort needed, he fixed it right in front of me within a couple minutes with absolutely no charge and my computer worked like new. Don’t wonder why Apple is such a big company with money. This is the reason. They don’t take responsibility for their damaged products. Instead they make YOU pay. A couple months later my Beats are doing the same thing, charging lights are on but won’t power. Brought them in and no surprise they want to charge a flat rate without knowing what the issue is AGAIN! I expressed my initial concern and dissatisfaction with the first scenario to "lead" Max who refused to provide his last name or employee I.D. He stated that the information provided to me the first time around with my laptop was "incorrect".

I then expressed my concern in having the employee trained, he said "absolutely will" and then I asked, "How will you do this again if you have no idea who helped me since you didn't care to ask for my serial # of my laptop?" Point is if Google troubleshoot can't solve your problem these techs won't either. They are basically trained to simply do basic reset steps provided by Google. I use to swear by this company and even recommend their products. Now I will be doing the complete opposite and voicing my experience this company via all platforms possible.

Apple Store Company Information