Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.83/5
Based on 2,312 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Time Warner Reviews

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

If I could give Time Warner/Spectrum a negative rating I would. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET CABLE OR INTERNET FROM THIS COMPANY. My internet was constantly slow and would go out. I spent hours and hours on the phone trying to get them to solve the problem. I am an attorney who has long hours and commonly has to work from home. The slow internet severely impeded my ability to work. On top of that when I moved I returned my cable box and model in the box they provided me with a pre-addressed label. Time Warner/Spectrum claims they never got it. Which is not on me. I used their pre-addressed label and box. Now they have sent me to collections. This is the most useless company. They are a fraud and do not provide good products. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I had a small digital converter box that had obviously died. It would not come on when powered. I tried it with other outlets and tried another (successfully) where it had failed. So I took it to the Spectrum Time Warner store at 2222 South Blvd in Charlotte. There were a lot of people and I signed in and waited about one half hour. That was okay. The clerk was nice and replaced the defective equipment. I took it home and discovered it did not work either. I went through the same comparative diagnostic. I drove back to the store, which had filled up more. I asked if I could return the defective item I had just picked up. ** said I had to sign in and wait my turn, estimated an hour and a half to two hours.

I said that nobody should have to wait twice for the same thing. She cut me off before I finished, and so I asked to speak to the manager. She told me the manager had gone home. I asked to speak to whomever was in charge or could make a decision, but she said that there was nobody there who could make decisions. I would need to speak to the manager (who was not there). During this time, another man came up and said his elderly mother needed a place to sit and ** had a rude exchange with him. I asked for the manager's card. She went to get me one, but then came back and told me that she did not want to give me his card, because I was "just going to call up and complain." She did give me his first name.

A young guy with an "In training" tag tried to help me, but ** told him that I could wait. By this time, she was unhappy with me because I had started to video her with my phone, after she told me I could not get the manager's contact info, because I would just use it to complain. I have found the phone support people with Time Warner/Spectrum generally to be really as helpful as they can be, but the store experience is awful. Meanwhile, service calls tend to be pretty frustrating too, but not like the South Blvd. store.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Time Warner is getting too expensive. Every time I look at my bill is going up. Not happy. They use to give you a year with a promotion but every time I call they say there is no promo that I have a great deal. I'm thinking switching to FIO.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Very expensive just for basic cable. They charge a phone fee and we do not have a landline. Also charge for taxes they cannot explain when asked. We no choice but to continue with cable services.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Pricing is out of site, I have a bundle and it's way more expensive than others plus they offer great deals to new customers instead of rewarding long term customers. In addition they advertise programs like Netflix which are not available.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Time Warner?

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I have tried to switch to DirecTV but have been told my location will not pick up signal. Time Warner (or as it is now called - Spectrum) is outrageously expensive for so little options and service that is offered.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Monopoly in my area of NY. There should be more ISP providers. Should be illegal! I am forced to pay for higher grade internet service because the lesser grade is just plain inadequate. There is absolutely no extra labor costs or extra equipment needed for a higher grade. Extortion period!!!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Just returned all the equipment to receive tv. Will have only internet with them. They raised my bill again. Went with Fire Stick and Hulu. Better and cheaper. I have been unhappy with them for some time and finally did something about it.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Just like any other for-profit business, Time Warner is nickel and diming me to death. My bill is almost $240 for cable, internet and phone. Supposedly bundling these services is supposed to be cheaper, but when the cable goes out, so does my phone and internet. Time Warner is too darn expensive.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Start with reasonable rates and the bill gets raised and again they raise it and before you know it the bill is sky high. When I complained they stated there was not they could do. I finally cancelled and they lowered it but I don't expect it to last.

Time Warner Company Information