Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.83/5
Based on 2,314 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Time Warner Reviews

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Ever since Charter took over prices went up almost every month. Trying to talk to someone in any department was an 1/2 hr to 2 hrs ordeal. When I cancelled service the 2nd day of the month they told me they charge the whole month (near $200) which I was not aware of. I was enrolled paperless and neglected to download the bill and read all their ads. My practice has been to look online at the amount due and date due and not read every single bill. That'll teach me. I asked for a hardship exception since I am retired and on a fixed income and this seriously impacts me and they told me no exceptions and they didn't do anything wrong. I do know that Charter really really needs that almost $200 even though all during the time of their service it was excruciating to get things resolved for ANY problems that occurred.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I am satisfied with the service, but not with Spectrum lying about their pricing. I was promised a rate for 12 months, and they already increased it in 5 months. They said the package price is still the same, it just the price of the services changed, and there is nothing they can do to get it back in spite of the promise. From my prior experience with Spectrum - it will continue like that every several months. So, do not get surprised to find out that you pay double the price in a couple of years. Do not get too excited about the deal you can get with them, pretty soon you will be paying the real price, or drop them off. Not trustworthy company.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

You guys are by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. You stole my money by charging me every month for a service that I never had or barely had. I was lied to and told I had 200 mbps speed. I did the speed test. It was only 11 or max 39 at best. Then they replaced my modems a few times that didn't help. Then they sent their technicians. He was baffled on why my service was not working. Told him it's been like this for the last few years then they called their construction people who were not speaking English much but I gathered that they cannot even fix it since they have to make two big holes on my drive way to run the wire so I can get internet. But then they said they need city permit and that might not even work since it might be too close to the gas pipe or the electrical wires underneath.

So I cancelled but now I have to pay even though I am done with them until the end of the month when I will no longer have any of their equipment or service but will have to pay till the end of month as if I have internet with them still. Terrible terrible company, thieves, bad customer service, ghetto reps, or robots who repeat the same thing without any care of compassion or the ability to do anything for their customers. I don't see the point of their customer service where everyone from them to their supervisors to their technicians to their construction crew are all useless! Do not get anything from this disgusting internet/cable company.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Set up service call on 2 different occasions and made arrangements to be here at the scheduled times. On both occasions, the tech did not show up. After several attempts to find out what happened I was told that I had canceled the appointment. I had not! I never even spoke to anyone until they did not show. Why not even a message on my answering service or Email (both of which I pay Spectrum for). After 3 more phone calls to Spectrum and being put on hold, the message tone I got said it was probably my fault they were canceled and I could reschedule for another day. No solution to today's problem and no guarantee they would show after missing the last 2 schedules. Customer Service???? I don't think that is in their market plans.

Original review: June 27, 2019

As the victim of a stalker, I often report phone numbers to the appropriate companies and they are willing to assist me in suspending the individual's account but not Time Warner. You know what they are going to do? Not a darn thing. That's right. They are going to be nasty, offer no help, ignore you on the phone, type and not say a darn word (that one does not know if they are still part of your conversation,) offer no assistance, and tell you that they do not have a fraud department who helps individuals. Yes, you read all of that correctly. So, please be warned that if someone calls you telling you that they want to do naughty things to you, it is just fine according to Time Warner. Folks, take your business elsewhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Time Warner?

Original review: June 16, 2019

When I moved the apartment, I also moved the internet service too. At that time, the sales rep told me that I will get the discount for 100 mb/s. And some time later, I have connection problems, I called to tech support. They said my limited speed is 73 mb/s. So, technically I am being cheated. So I called again to speak with sales and tech. One said I am supposed to get 100 mbs and one said I am only allow to get 70. So I called a month later to check again, so I will only get 60 mbs. Spectrum is cheating. I don't know this is allowed to do by law.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I wish I could give negative stars. Time Warner Spectrum sets the standard for incompetence. Internet goes out at least five times a day, I am not exaggerating. It’s impossible to work from home because it’s constantly going down, like clockwork. Absolutely terrible product and service, and to make matters worse the customer service is simply abysmal. They won’t do anything about it and they’ll keep charging insanely overpriced rates. Steer far, far away.

Original review: March 2, 2019

They suck. First installment date they didnt install the right equipment. Following day their guy came ripping through my apartment saying how he doesn't get paid enough, screaming and swearing on the phone, opening our door and throwing things in and out. 2nd month of bill got charged over 50 bucks. Don't think I should have been charged for the second installment at all with it being their mess up and how rude the technician was. Will be switching.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Do not use unless it's the last form of communication on the planet... And even then, consider training your own fleet of pigeon carriers... After countless hours of redundant, mindless, troubleshooting with "expert" technicians, area/field technicians, "managers", and "supervisors", this company has yet to provide a resolution, or even a follow up call as promised, as to why my TV is consistently pixelated or why I'm getting less than an 8th of the internet speeds I'm paying for. I'm filing a complaint with the FCC... DO NOT USE!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We are always having problems with our box! They had to put a new line (for the second time) from our house! On Super Bowl Sunday we lost the station it was on and had a house full of people! Called and the service people told us it was the box AGAIN! We asked billing for a refund and got a whole $2.60! We have had nothing but problems!

Not sure about Time Warner?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right satellite or cable TV provider for you.

Time Warner expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In 1989 when Time, Inc. and Warner Communications merged, the first seeds were planted for what would become one of the nation's largest cable television networks. Time Warner is headquartered in New York City.

• Pay in store: Consumers who prefer to pay with cash can visit Time Warner retail locations.

• Big on-demand catalog: More than 10,000 shows and movies are pre-loaded on the Time Warner on-demand service.

• Mobile viewing: Customers can view programming on their smartphone or tablet.

• Enjoy Internet access: With Time Warner, viewers get access to a network of more than 400,000 WiFi hotspot locations.

• Bundled services: Time Warner also offers discounted Internet and phone service bundles.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, households on a budget and businesses who provide entertainment to customers or staff members.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team