Time Warner

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Deplorable service experience as follows: 2/6/17 initiated services via sales rep. (Telephone) confirmation of "0" dollar deposit. 2/7/17 upon equipment p/U, I was advised I need to provide a deposit. After 5 min. of TWC reviewing their system notes... LOL, they waived the deposit. 2/8/17 I reached out to TWC through the app. (Chat) issues with lack of reliable Connectivity to internet/Wi-fi and cable. No solution provided. A technician Arrived later to no avail! Per the technician, " it shows a connection on our end And that's usually all that's required!" He states he will have a specialist assist With resolving connectivity concerns.

2/9/17 another technician arrives and states he knows what's wrong. LOL. He Replaced the router with a new one. He confirmed that someone would come Back out and replace a relay on a utility pole. LOL. After a couple of hours Lack of connectivity returned, less another technician showing up to replace a relay on a utility pole.

2/16/17 I canceled services and scheduled a time for returning equipment. And Of course there was the customary deflection away from simply dissolving all Forms of relations with TWC. At this junction, I politely stated "I would please Like to remove myself from the relationship!" Per Kevin (sales associate) he Will credit the 1 and only bill! [We shall see!] He also states I have 30 days to Return both the DVR and router. I will return them promptly tomorrow. "Sooner or later Time Warner Cable will stop their do-si-do practices and Provide a fair service!" I'm sure TWC will follow their consistent pattern of merging with another Company! But, the unpleasant pungency of the stench will remain consistent.

The reason we signed up for Spectrum was their advertising that said that Time Warner Cable was now Spectrum. We had Time Warner Cable in the past and thought it was a good cable company. Spectrum doesn't come close to what Time Warner offered. To begin with Spectrum does not have whole house DVR. The only place you can set up and play back recordings is on the TV that is connected to the DVR. When I called to see if our system could be upgraded to whole house DVR I was told that Spectrum would not support it. In addition you can only record two programs at a time instead of the 4 or more that most other providers offer.

Next is the Internet provided by Spectrum. If it is as fast as they claim, it certainly doesn't appear that way. If anything, it seems slower than any other service we've had. There are also problems with computers and printers losing the connection on a regular basis. To be selling this as a replacement for Time Warner Cable is very deceptive and we will definitely be cancelling as soon as I can switch to another provider within our 30-day trial period. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Spectrum!!!

I have had TWC less than a month and have already had multiple issues. I had to return a cable box because of issues the day after installation, not to forget, they didn't even show up to the 1st installation appointment. I also had to call TWC three separate times because my 136.00 bill was showing up as 389.00. They told me this was a technical issue and would be solved within 5 days but when I looked again the bill was 275.00. The customer service is severely inadequate and the company simply needs to dissolve.

I got Time Warner as I moved into my house, because it was the cheapest, had 200+ Stations and Showtime for a discounted rate $60. I had lived away from my house for a couple months, froze account to pay $5/month. Come back to my house of March 2016, reinstated my account back to the TV price I had, the customer service person said, that price is no longer available, and quote me $20 more for same package from $60 to $89 a month including tax. Then, just recently in January of 2017, I wanted to see cheaper alternative cable prices like, just local TV, basic cable, cable 100+, etc, because they had price for it before, I check online nowhere to be found.

I called Time Warner to ask about changing to basic cable and getting rid of Showtime to save money, she said that's not possible. I told her you had local TV and basic cable available before, she act like she heard of Time Warner having that. I said to her, you dumb **. You work for Time Warner and there was other TV pricing available before. She said "you would have to contact Spectrum if you want to change your TV plan which they are higher, and I recommend to you sir" she said, "stay on the plan you have or you can find other cable if you're unhappy." I hanged up, and called Time Warner the area that hires people and have them the name of the representative that was rude to me to them. They rerouted me to her boss and thanked me for my impute of customer service, but no apology for me wanting basic cable or getting my issue resolved.

And their On Demand is useless. New shows never show up until 4 to 5 days later, sometimes two weeks, and I flip one channel to another, the cable box freezes up, and get black screen and display "one moment please". I literally wait 5 to 10 minutes for it to go back to live TV. Sometimes it doesn't go back live, and I have to reboot my box or unplug it. Horrible customer service. Sucks that cable option for local and basic cable, etc. I guess is no option anymore and if you are a new customer, you have to go to Spectrum and pay a arm and a leg, Donald Trump money at Spectrum to get any cable and you just can't get cable alone. You have to get a package like TV, internet, phone, and all we want is local or basic cable TV. I say bring back Time Warner and your TV alone pricing options, like local, basic 100+, 200+, etc. And dump ** Spectrum or you're getting to get a lawsuit in the making and lots of customers leaving for other alternatives!

Who else out there has Time Warner? I am so freaking frustrated with this company right now. Last July I switched from AT&T to Time Warner. Talk about false advertising and sneaky promotions. Even after they promised me a $300 gift card they refuse to give it to me... not even a credit. Apparently the minute you are late on your bill (which I was by one day) it automatically voids the promotion. Since last Oct I've talked to at least 5 people at Time Warner and just spoke to the last guy this morning.

I feel like I am one of the best when it comes to customer service for my clients. I will do whatever it takes to make them happy and get things right. I've even sent out Omaha Steaks before as an apology for an order getting messed up. Sometimes it just takes a credit or free product to make the customer happy. Shame on you Time Warner for using these horrible practices to lure in your customers. I will NOT be purchasing any more products from you. I wonder if anyone else out there has had issues like this with this company. Now that they switched to Spectrum I'm sure it will be even worse. I'm a positive thinking person, but man did they really rain on my parade this morning. #worstcompanyever, #customerdisservice, #thanksfornothing, #yousuck

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Time Warner?

We are stuck with them yet it always kicks us out of the online video streaming yet is quick to charge all sorts of fees! We have had their service; unfortunately, for over ten years and absolutely hate it!!! They can never fix anything and refuse to even try and help unless you pay; which we did many times yet the problem is still not fixed. NOW THEY MERGED WITH SPECTRUM; Don't fall for their dishonest promos you will regret it when you see the real bill and lack of customer service as well as service reps that can't even understand or speak English!!!

Unbelievably ungrateful for their new customers! My mom with TWC was paying $20.52 per month for "BASIC" TV. Bare bones, nothing fancy. I asked her if I could add internet and I would pay that portion. So, I was paying like $42 per month. Along comes Spectrum when I finally got the money to pay my portion up and cancel it 7 months later. They refuse to leave my mom where she was. They want to Up her TV side because their least expensive package adds so much more value (rolling my eyes) $52 per month instead of $20.52. And that's only good for a year... Then it goes up again after a year... I'm done... Good riddance Spectrum and TWC you should be ashamed of yourself. But I doubted. You BOTH take your customers for granted. Wish I could rate 0 stars.

I have had Time Warner, a.k.a. Spectrum for over 10 years; they own the cable rights in this zip-coded area (44236). I've made on-time payment during the aforementioned time which, includes the three services they offered. During that time we have had several outings, and MOST of the time they have fixed the problem within 3 to 10 days. However, their service folks told us that it was not their problem to fix, according to their "diagnostics". 2 and a half weeks ago we lost 30 % of the viewable programming, due to an interruption of the service. You would have thought Time Warner/Spectrum would, or could have fixed the problem. Their repair folks were uncooperative and made us feel uncomfortable that the new firm is called Spectrum.

I feel that if we withhold payment or give a reduced payment to Time warner/Spectrum they will cut off our service completely - and since they have a monopoly with the cable service I do not have another cable alternative (my trees prevent any alternative satellite services). So, it appears that I am figuratively handcuffed. For the type of ineffective services and responsiveness the Time Warner/Spectrum Executives should be the one's handcuffed. Dear Time Warner / Spectrum: Please give up your cable monopoly in my area code. Use some of your money spent on TV ads and marketing collateral and focus the monies on effective and timely services.

I had to cancel my service today. I opened my bill and was shocked to find out I am getting charged over $282/month. My previous bills were raised to $129/month after my initial 12 month with them. About a week ago I had my home phone number ported over to my cell and called to ask if that would be OK to do and response from TWC was yes. The rep never said anything about my charges getting affected. Apparently they did since they considered my account as no longer being under original contract. They decided to charge my almost 3 times what I have been paying for over a year!!!

When I asked how come no one had explained this to me when I called prior to moving my phone number and response was they should have! Spent a long time on the phone trying to make the rep understand that this is their fault and I should not be charged this amount, however, even though he agreed their protocol is to inform the customer before any changes, he would not do anything about it so I canceled my services with them.

They also lie about their internet service. I was supposed to get 200 Mbps speed but could never get over 50!!! I even had their tech support come to my house and try to find out what is wrong and even then nothing was improved. I have been told by several others that the high speed they advertise is just a gimmick and they have never seen that kind of speed either. Good luck with this company if you are going to use them!!!

Worst service. Very bad experience... Every time the bill amount changes and we should spend hours with customer care to get the issue resolved. This happens every time. Please don't opt for Time Warner internet service.

Their error caused me to lose my phone services. We were in the process of updating our cable and internet service with Spectrum. We also have our phone service with TWC but we're going to continue to pay the current rates for our phone service in order to keep our longtime phone number. A customer service rep, or at least that's who is being blamed, made a mistake and turned our service off before the transfer of service date. He/she also made a mistake and included our phone service in the transfer and also disconnected that service. Basically, we attempted to watch tv and seemed to have an issue with the connection. We then checked the internet and finally the phone. All of our services had been stopped a week earlier than the cable and internet were scheduled to be updated. I spent 2 hours and 43 minutes on the phone with TWC/Spectrum.

I was transferred a total of 9 times and nobody was able to assist. I was told "I'm really sorry this happened but there is no way we can get your number back." The only people who may be able to help would be customer solutions. Lastly, I spoke with Javille in customer solutions to find out how to file a complaint. Javille had no interest whatsoever in helping me. The main thing he told me was "It's time for us to close - we should already be out of here." I asked how to file a complaint and he said he didn't know. I asked how to get in touch with their main office - he said he didn't know anything about corporate. I asked to speak to a manager or supervisor, he said they were all too busy because they had to close in just a minute and they were 'trying to get out of there'. He said maybe I should try to call corporate. I asked how to do that, he said he didn't know.

So, my conclusion of the entire 2 hours and 43 minutes that I spent with 9-10 different employees of TWC/Spectrum is that the ones who care about customer service, Jeremy and Katelyn in Tech Support, can't really fix anything about the horrible business practices; and the ones who are supposed to maintain customer relations, Javille and 2-3 other folks I didn't record names for, are simply there to put in their hours and collect a paycheck.

In my opinion, this company disconnected all of my services in error and basically stole a phone number that is tied to everything I have done for the past 20 years. Please keep in mind this has nothing to do with payment - my payment is withdrawn from my checking account by TWC automatically. I am not certain if they are paid upfront or in arrears but either way they have my money and I have no service. I will make every effort to establish all of my services with another carriers and share my experience as often as I can. I feel like I've been robbed and they have no way of fixing anything that they have done. I will happily pay higher rates to deal with a more competent, caring, and customer-oriented company.

Here's what TWC employees know, they have a JOB. Here's what they don't know. 1) How to associate proper transfer of names and services. 2) How to shut-off services at one location, set-up at another location and associate the two (This is paramount). 3) How to document the move of the customer (i.e. Mr Doe has moved from 123 st. USA to 456 st. USA) note: services will be disconnect on 10th APR from previous address as noted. Services will be set-up at the new address on the 12th APR. Per Employee #**.

Another example (Mr Doe has moved out of TWC area/state, all equip has been turned-in, services has been disconnected & finale bill charged to Mr Doe). Per empl #**. I know the employees do not document their actions, because another relative moved from my address and transfer service only to have it shut off a few months later at their new address.

The employee said that the person had service at this address and we had to tell them that service had been transferred. (What a mess TWC and their employees are.) TWC employees know, that their company is so huge, they will not be held responsible for all their screw-ups. Why, because, there are no checks and balances, cable is all about getting $$$, what do they care if a customers get screwed in the process.

FOREWORD: As a former member of the military, and traveler in general, I have lived in over 50 places in my life, and had service from every major cable internet provider at one point or another. TWC/Spectrum is not only the absolute worst, it's like they are actually trying to piss people off. It's simply mind-boggling the level of disrespect this company has for its customers...

There was not one single aspect of my customer experience that I would rate higher than ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS! The ordering process was terrible, with people who know less than nothing about how computers work, yet they feel they are somehow qualified to tell a 25-year career IT guy with a background in Satellite Communications from the US Army, how much bandwidth he needs based on 2 stupid questions. The installer did arrive on time, but nothing about that experience was satisfactory, other than it did eventually begin working. The service itself was spotty throughout the year I had it, and when I did call for service, they would "do nothing" but miraculously it would start working while on the phone with them, after days or weeks of problems, then try to blame it on me. They are dishonest, deceptive, and CONSTANTLY trying to up-sell everything in their arsenal instead of trying to provide quality customer service.

The cancellation process required FOUR calls to them, with one of the reps telling me the account had never been activated, therefore I did not need to cancel, despite her telling me I have an outstanding balance that I need to pay. WTF??? Finally I got a rep who was able to assist, but wanted to ask a bunch of questions that were all designed to talk me out it my decision to cancel. I finally lost my cool and said as politely, and firmly as my patience would allow, that I was done with this ** service, and this was EXACTLY the type of reason I will NEVER, even if there is literally no other option but them, be a TWC/Spectrum customer again.

There's so much more I could say. If you haven't gotten the point thus far, and still decide to become a TWC/Spectrum customer, then that's on you. You've been warned. I simply cannot express the level of disdain I have for this POS company, and if I can save even one person the hassle of being a TWC/Spectrum customer, then my work is done.

I have been paying for missing channels and getting messages such as "This channel is currently not available. Please try again later." Between phone calls and waiting for service persons I have spent hours dealing with this problem. Never had a problem when I had DIRECTV. DIRECTV had better service and quick response to all problems. I wish I could get DIRECTV back.

I've been a customer with Time Warner Cable since 2007. Since being with TWC I truly believe that this company prices are outrageous. So today I called trying to make a payment arrangement and I was told that since TWC has merged with Spectrum they no longer accept payment arrangements. What kind of crap is that? The customer service lady told me that they're doing that so people will pay their bill on time. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life. People go through things in life to where we all need to make arrangements but now you can't do that with TWC. Run from this overpriced, no good internet, no good shows company FAST. Switching companies ASAP.

I have been a customer of Time Warner Cable for over a year with no problems. Then once their merger/buyout occurred I have been receiving nothing but problems. Sadly I keep trying to make payments that they are having errors on their end on receiving. I verified with my bank that everything was okay and Spectrum verified that the problem was on their end yet even so week after week I have to keep calling back and trying to pay them. Despite the problem being on their end I'm getting charged late fees and late payments on my record because they are unable to get their systems working. I would highly recommend finding a different company that knows how to keep their Affairs in order and knows how to work on their own payment systems, a company that will not hold you responsible for payment errors that is on their end. Once I'm finally able to pay them I will be looking for a new internet and cable provider.

When I started with TWC, I was paying $49.99 per month for internet service. A year later, they increased it without warning, the excuse being my special offer had expired, and bumped my bill up to over $60. So I called and their specialist advised me to get the phone/internet combo special which would bring my bill to $59.99 plus fees. Even though I didn't need the phone service and only wanted to be able to go online. Apparently it's cheaper to have the phone hookups delivered and sit my closet than simply getting internet service.

A year later, they up my bill to $69.99 plus fees and I had to call them again. While in the meantime, my service stalls when I try to watch YouTube. Third world countries provide better service than Spectrum service! Going back to paying over $70 for unreliable internet service. I called again and asked the tech support if my modem is the problem, even though it is on their list of acceptable modems. The nice tech guy reset my internet and it worked for about a couple of days and then the speed drops to 12mbps... My contract plan is for 100mbps, while the internet has never gone over 48mbps. I had to call them again and the tech guy tells me, it might help if I use the modem they sent me, but it does cost $5 extra per month to use it. All I wanted is reliable internet service, I know for a fact that I have neighbors paying less than $50 for their reliable service.

So why is Spectrum so spotty? I'm using my phone network to type this complaint because my internet has gone off the grid again. Mind you, I called last night to have their tech department help me out with this issue. I've only had nice customer service experiences but their product is just a nuisance and troublesome. I heard they have non-compete agreements with other internet providers, so there are no other companies servicing this area with better network so they leave me with little choice.

Okay, so when my husband was in the military in November 2014 we got married and I moved to Hawaii where he was stationed. We got Time Warner and got a cable box and modem while living on base. When we decided to move off base, we brought both the cable box and the modem back to a time warner physical location in Hawaii and said we don't need these anymore. Our new landlord (off base) is providing cable and a modem for us to use on her account. So we returned the cable box and modem around February of 2016 when we moved into her place.

Not until December 31, 2016 when we canceled time warner, a few weeks later after moving back to Texas because my husband retired from the military we get a call today stating we have their equipment. We were kind at first trying to explain we turned it in a year ago and for some strange reason they all of a sudden after we cancel their service decide to call us and claim we have their modem still and never turned it in. When we did along with the cable box a year prior. We spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone fighting against a charge of $83 for the modem that we already turned in... We couldn't fight it anymore and they did not believe we turned it when someone on their end obviously messed up and maybe didn't put the modem as returned or something in their computer. They couldn't see our side of the story and no matter what they weren't believing us. They even claimed they couldn't look up in the database where they even issued a modem to us...

Seriously? I am so angered that they clearly messed up somewhere and now we have to pay $83 for it??? Not a lot of people just have $83 to throw away like that, especially when it wasn't my husband and I's fault for "losing" it when we turned it in with the cable box a year ago! I think it's funny how after we cancel our service, all of a sudden a missing modem "appears". Thanks time warner for nothing. If anyone is reading this, stay away from time warner. They have horrible customer service, probably won't believe anything you say and will only say what's on their computers. Beware.

Nothing works as it should. Nothing but problems. And they cut off service before the cutoff date. When you call and complain all you get is "I understand"... cause all they hear is complaining... Why pay $200 a month for junk that does not work and they take your money and cut off before the cutoff date. They're not fair and not a good company. Don't waste your money. Go with another provider!!

I have been a TWC high-speed internet customer for nearly a year, and have noticed a severe downturn in the quality of service following the name change to Spectrum. I do not care to learn what specifics are involved in this name change. What I do care to express is a concerning level of anger at what appears to be outright fraud on the behalf of your organization. The analogy I've made repeatedly when trying to address this problem through normal channels is as follows: I sit at a table in a restaurant. I order a filet mignon. The server then brings me a pile of uncooked, spoiled hamburger, and expects me to pay the full tab for filet and bubbly.

I entered a contract agreement with TWC that your organization would deliver high speed internet to my home, enabling me to perform my job tasks remotely. I am not new to technology, in fact I am a technology professional. Rather than receiving what I had paid for, and what TWC agreed to deliver, I am receiving the network equivalent of spoiled uncooked meat.

Your field technicians, who have repeatedly come to my home in vain, have asked me more than once if I knew of any openings in the technology field. Akin to rats fleeing a sinking ship, they can't wait to get away from you. Additionally, phone support has admitted they see an increase in troubleshooting issues since the changeover. Lastly, a field technician has admitted to me that Spectrum is shipping outdated, and thus potentially vulnerable network appliances to unsuspecting customers. Many of these same customers lack the technological prowess to correct such vulnerabilities themselves. For a technology services provider, this is a terrible and awe-inspiring level of mismanagement.

I will not pay for these months of sporadic and unreliable service. I will not be recommending TWC, Spectrum, Charter, or any other subsidiary to any of my friends and family. We have cancelled our HBO Go account and will be dropping TWC high-speed internet as soon as the competitor has performed an install. I am fully prepared to contest any remaining balance through the courts. The decent thing to do, at this point, is call it a wash. I return your company's equipment, your company returns my money, and we part ways.

From someone who has been responsible for leading others in the past, I have only one suggestion for you: Get out of the boardroom and into the trenches, so you can learn where the problems really are. I have gone back and forth with TWC for months. They repeatedly fail to deliver reliable high-speed internet. Following the changeover to Spectrum, their quality of service has tanked. Don't waste your money or time with this provider, it only increases your blood pressure and decreases your bank account.

I'm a disabled veteran and their services are terrible! I pay my bill on time every month. I have to check my services once a month because I'm not getting the correct internet speeds I'm compensating for. Today I find out that I have been paying for cable channels I have not been apparently getting due to doctor visits in which I can't always check behind them on. For the last 3 months I have been paying them for the EPIX channel which I have not been getting. I telephoned and they have seen the error and still won't give me a credit or my money back for ripping me off my money. I feel that Spectrum or Time Warner cable are stealing from honest paying customers. I will once again have to report them to the Better Business Bureau BBB. It's so sad how they rip off disabled veterans...

Poor customer service. Lost connection to TVs yesterday, contacted Time Warner. They had me disconnect the little black boxes. Nothing happened. Today an Advance Technician called. Stated he was working on the problem. Had me unplug the little black boxes and again no fix. The individual then hangs up without scheduling the technician. This individual is a poor reflection of Time Warner and the ability to service their clients.

Once again, TWC lied about the package price. I was told my pricing would be valid for 2 years. Well, after 1 year my price went up, and calling them to try and get the pricing down was a failure. Supervisor did not call me back either. It's the last time I do business with them. The prior time I had service with them, they said my business number could not be converted to a residential #, so I paid an extra $900 that year in basic phone charges until I learned from AT&T that this was a complete LIE. They have not changed their colors. A VERY BAD COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH.

I had Time Warner internet and when I cancelled the services because I was moving out of the state, Time Warner cancelled my ability to pay online for the close out bill. They never sent me a bill to my forwarding address that was given to them at the time of cancellation. Instead they sent the final bill to collection and had them rudely hunt me down. Rather than Time Warner doing their job by sending me my closing bill they ruined my credit rating. It's been less than a month that I cancelled my services and they sent it to collection. What poor business practices this company follows. I will never use this company ever again and I will make sure I give them the worst reviews from here on out.

I guess when Time Warner switched to Spectrum their system and accounts got all messed up. I paid my bill in January for $197.30. Later on I received a notice that I had not paid my bill and service would stop. I quickly looked at my bank statement and found the amount I had paid them, and to my surprise on the transaction description the name of my neighbor appeared. I called Time Warner right away and spoke to the rep who could not explain how my phone number pulled my neighbor's account, he did not want to say much and he said he could not reverse the payment I had made and put it to my account, he blamed my bank saying they had directed the payment to another person's account.

After arguing with the rep, he gave me an escalation ticket number, he said I would get a call within 24 hours. No one called in 2 days. And when I called back the escalation ticket I was given was not good. When I called that 2nd time, I entered my phone number and the rep even called me by my neighbor's last name, then after I explained how they had leaked personal information and switched accounts she also blamed my bank, she said they had to reverse the charges, she was not helpful at all.
`

Several calls later to supervisors, speaking to my neighbor and showing her my payment with her name on the statement, my neighbor confirmed that when she was watching TV, incoming calls would show on her screen (TW had my phone number on her account) so she was getting my phone calls shown on her TV. She called TW also and TW does not want to own their mistake. They are saying that somehow my phone is linked to her account and that maybe is something we agreed to. Sure, I want to pay my neighbor's bill... So not only they leaked her name and last name, she got to see phone numbers of my friends and family on her TV every time my phone rang.

Also on my TW bill I noticed that where my phone number should go there is a number that I do not recognize as if that's the number linked to my account, I wonder who is or will be paying my bill because apparently they have a mess. They are supposed to credit the $197.30 towards my account but so far I have not seen a credit. I wonder if sensitive information such as customer's social security numbers and bank accounts that are saved to pay TW bills were leaked or stolen also. Something needs to be done. I will cancel my service and I will not recommend TW or Spectrum to no one.

I recently moved and was behind on a bill. (Yes I know not the best way going out on a rant.) Well, I returned my equipment and requested shut off of my services to stop any more billing to continue for services I wasn't using. Two weeks has passed I received my bill and I'm getting charged on my final bill another month, even better it's 30 dollars more than the rate I was paying for the package I was receiving.

When I contacted them they told me they already had me in a shut off/ cancellation since the 9th for being behind in my bill, but have it down that I have returned my equipment. I was then told there is nothing they can do that I will continue to be billed for services I'm not using even though the equipment is returned to them and my cancellation is standing. I will NEVER return to Time Warner Cable/Spectrum! Nothing but problem the entire time I was a customer, their rates are outrageous and they are unbelievably rude! I am disgusted! Horrible company! Downright horrible!

This is the worst company. My bill went up almost 60 dollars, I called to try and get it reduced, was on the phone for 2 hours and 15 minutes. When speaking with them they would not let me speak to a supervisor, they said they weren't there. I will never recommend this company. They are very incompetent. They literally don't care. I am changing to a different cable company, and I have been with Time Warner for a long time.

The internet keeps going in and out and we have the highest plan. The cable doesn't offer any good selections and we pay too much for this little service so we decided to downgrade to just internet. Now we are having even more problems with the same internet plan! This company is terrible.

There is absolutely no way that you can know whether a transaction or an internet subscription is a good deal. The customer service folks play with you, put you on hold like 5 times throughout the phone call, and make you wait 5 minutes over the phone and they seem to look at every single thing you asked them to do for like 10 minutes. The attitude of the sales department and the customer service department are completely different. I think TWC has one department here in the US and the other one in India. The one in India is like 100 times better than this TWC domestic customer service complex. They basically charge you whatever they want and the price for the same deal varies among different customer representatives. Some of them play the game with you, persuade you to subscribe to a 138 dollar a month cable and telling you it's actually a deal...

The customer service through the phone is just disastrous. The crazy automatic phone system is designed to waste your time as much as possible before connecting you to an actual customer service. The system will wordily take your information, and the input is completely useless because you are going to be asked the same thing all over again when you are actually connected to the customer service specialist. The automated part that slowly asks what you want on the phone is basically completely helpless and will waste 40 minute of your life. I don't know what TWC is thinking for wasting people's time on the phone and get nothing done instead of helping folks really get things done.

Horrendous internet speed. My slow, 60 mbps internet costs 65 dollars, which is incredibly overpriced comparing to the ones like Comcast in California. The fastest ever offered at my apartment complex is 100 mbps internet and it costs 105 dollars per month. You can get close to gigabit internet if you are in California... This is just incredibly depressing and disastrous to us customers. There is absolutely no innovation and sense of technological update going on in this company. I think Spectrum is going to completely replace the TWC brand here in Columbus and I wish they can break the vicious cycle of slow internet monopoly, deceiving customer service and horrible deals.

Just received Time Warner Cable new Spectrum rates and channel lineups. Needless to say I'm not very happy. Was told by a agent a week ago that the new Spectrum part of Time Warner Cable, which they recently merged with, would be offering new channel packages, that are separate from the still available Time Warner packaged, at a significantly lesser price. Turns out the prices more or less stayed about the same, and I'd actually have to pay a much higher price to watch channels I already have with the Time Warner Cable.

Spectrum has eliminated some of the channels I like to watch that are pretty standard under the Time Warner lineups. They also totally eliminated all of the music listening to channels I've come accustomed to. To get the channels on their new tier system, I'd actually have to pay about $15 more. This with a regular bill I already feel is way too high. Sick of their nonsense, don't care which company they use.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

In 1989 when Time, Inc. and Warner Communications merged, the first seeds were planted for what would become one of the nation's largest cable television networks. Time Warner is headquartered in New York City.

• Pay in store: Consumers who prefer to pay with cash can visit Time Warner retail locations.
  • Big on-demand catalog: More than 10,000 shows and movies are pre-loaded on the Time Warner on-demand service.
  • Mobile viewing: Customers can view programming on their smartphone or tablet.
  • Enjoy Internet access: With Time Warner, viewers get access to a network of more than 400,000 WiFi hotspot locations.
  • Bundled services: Time Warner also offers discounted Internet and phone service bundles.
  • Best for Television fans who watch a range of programs, households on a budget and businesses who provide entertainment to customers or staff members.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers