1.97/5
Based on 173 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2513 Time Warner Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

Crappy quality, unreliable service, and discourteous customer service! Not only have I had issues with my cable going out; the app was down twice and I was overcharged on my first bill. When I called in to speak with customer service they were completely rude and degrading. The door to door salesman quoted me a price $40 less than my first bill and all that they would say is, "There is nothing we can do about it."

Original review: July 12, 2018

I ended my service with this company and turned in all associated equipment. They then proceeded to charge me for another month of service which put my bank account into overdraft. I went to get a refund and they tell me it will take 4 to 6 weeks. WEEKS! WHAT KIND OF COMPANY TAKES A MONTH AND A HALF TO GIVE YOU THE MONEY THEY TOOK ILLEGALLY BACK? Spectrum is by far the worst ISP in the Country. I would honestly rather have DSL internet than contract with ANY spectrum affiliate again. This company is complete garbage. They say they are committed to providing exceptional service and from my interactions with them, this is anything but the case.

Spectrum is a horrible company that nobody should use. I wish there was a way to make them go away but there is not unfortunately. Sadly, they have a monopoly on my area for ISPs. Last time I checked, there is a law against a company being a monopoly on any good. So perhaps if enough people complain about their garbage service then another company like Comcast or someone better will make a move into the area.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Time Warner cable (Spectrum) is the biggest rip off ever! Your billing rate goes up on a monthly basis and when you call to complain they give you some made up reason to justify it. My billing rate has been going up monthly for a year, finally went over 100.00 so I called again to find out and the rep said my acct was all screwed up. He was nice enough and fixed it, got it back to the correct rate and now I got this month's bill and again it's over 100.00! I called again and the rep said it was my fault 'cause I had signed up for something which I didn't! We only have internet in our household for the last 10 years! I wish there was another cable company that was big enough to switch to!!

Original review: June 25, 2018

I called last September to pay off everything I owed for services rendered and for a cable modem, from 4 years prior. I was told my balance was $53 and change. I paid it and thought that was the end of it. I log on to my credit report and find an added bill for $71 and change. The person I talked to on the phone, when paying my final bill, did not include the cable modem. Because of her mistake, I now have another ding on my credit report. I was prepared to pay everything off at the time that I called. Very angry!!!

Original review: June 16, 2018

I went into the local office in East Rochester NY and set up an account for my mother. Prior to that the account was in my name and appeared on my bill monthly. In order to set it up in her name for her I had to be listed on the account as a authorized person which was done. It has been some time now and Time Warner has switched over to Spectrum. Today I needed to make a change to the account that I opened up due to health reasons and of course they won't let me! No record of me being an authorized user! Oh and can't look up and see that it had also been my account! Talked to a supervisor who suggested that I bring in a power of attorney form. Are you kidding me? Spectrum sucks!!! Get your ** together. Quit hassling people. I'm not adding features or increasing the bill like you do regularly. Thanks for nothing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Time Warner?

Original review: May 13, 2018

A new cable box was to be delivered 2 months ago and I have yet to receive it. Also for what a pay and the channels I receive is ridiculous. I have 2 DVR boxes and both constantly freeze which means resetting.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Time Warner has good service most of the time. Few outages. Good channel selection. Switched to Google Fiber when it became available primarily due to promise of higher quality and price. Quality didn't show a big difference but price did. Time Warner is expensive for numerous devices.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Time Warner brags about how many channels they have. However, they are counting all languages and shopping channels. Also, having to purchase a whole package for one channel is unfair and expensive.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Time Warner has no customer service. They have rude, condescending employees that hate to hear their phones ringing about one complaint after another. Years of no service and terrible service. There are NO customers on our street using this awful company!

Original review: May 12, 2018

Time Warner company but do not produce internet speed they promise. Want to blame your equipment even with new PC Phone. Customer service is good but techs do not solve any problems.

Original review: May 12, 2018

This cable provider recently switched me to digital and I've had a lot of problems. The day they switched me over, the cable worked for 1 hour and 15 minutes before it went out. They sent another technician out at 7:15pm that same night. He switched out the cable box that had just been installed at noon that day, changed the connection cord (the first tech left the original cord that had been there for 9 years in place), changed some settings and cable was back on. It lasted 5 days, went out on a Friday at 7:30pm until a tech could come out on Sunday afternoon. He checked outside line, said it had been chewed part way through, probably a squirrel, changed that and a piece of equipment inside that he said they hadn't used in over a decade! So far, it's been working for 8 days. Let's see how long it lasts!

Original review: May 12, 2018

Customer service waiting time on the phone was about 30 mins. The person was very rude. The price of service is very high, hope to find new server within 6 months, thanks.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Has been the best deal until now. Unfortunately have had 2 increase in cost in the past year so comparison dollar for dollar value is decreasing another increase. Will have to make changes in provider.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I had better experience before TWC became Spectrum. Have had more problems needing tech visits and not sure why. They have all been helpful, but I still have lack of internet until someone comes to my home.

Original review: May 11, 2018

The quality of their service is fairly good but I do object to their pricing. As a long time customer they will not allow me to purchase the same service as a brand new customer. Despite several attempts I still pay about $40.00 than friends who are new to their service.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Time Warner is totally overpriced, will not work with you on price, even with seniors. Nothing to watch most nights. Same reruns over and over, a wasteland. If you bundle you have to accept their price. Awful.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Time Warner is always raising my bill and providing less service. Furthermore they don't even offer some of the stations I really want to view. I don't want all their sports stations but there are few options beyond that available. I do not watch a lot of tv and for nearly $100 per month to watch fewer than 10 hours of viewing time per week I find the per hour rate high. I have withdrawn my subscription to them and use streaming now.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I love my cable provider because they offer tv and internet bundle for a affordable price and also fastest internet available in my area. Whenever I call with a problem they resolve it quickly.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Time Warner offers internet, TV and phone bundled together. We we're told take it or leave it. No choice, can't pay for just internet and cable TV. Stuck paying for phone we don't want or need.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The costs are just so high for retired customers on a fixed income. As we have more time than the non-retirees on our "hands" we use this utility more than the average "Joe"...especially during the winter months.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The few times that we needed to call to install another box or for whatever reason, the service was Tremendous. They called 15 minutes before they came, they had their uniforms and name tags on. The men were polite, knew what to do, and did in a timely manner. They clean up after themselves, and ask if there was anything else that they could help or answer questions. I love the service, and great TV reception.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Long waits when you call in for “help” and long waits at local business to pay bill!! Long wait to get a technician/repairman to house and customer service have individuals that can barely communicate in English. Wish we had more options for providers.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Time Warner had improved its service significantly in the past couple of years. Still too expensive in my opinion but I'm not ready to cut the cord.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Time Warner is overpriced and unreliable. They nickel and dime consumers. And they have the worst customer service on the planet. When you call for technical assistance, there is an automated response. You go through the steps and it doesn't work -- so you call again. Your picture freezes too. They are a ripoff, and should not be in business.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Time Warner is charging an amount of money for services I never used. I was out of the country and gave them all proof that somebody else used the services and they stated they can't send the bill to the person that re-open the services without my authorization. Anybody can go to their office and reactivate the services and they will do it. Then they want me to pay over $600.

Original review: May 6, 2018

The computer part of my system in our cottage, comes and goes/shuts down. When I call company they always tell me to reset modem. I do that and it doesn't help. I have asked them to replace my modem several times to no avail. TV is working ok. I do not have their phone system.

Original review: May 6, 2018

2 yrs ago, I lost my home to a fire on the 24th of the month the next day I canceled my cable. I had already paid a month in advance, returned equipment, was told I would get a refund in the mail. Not only did it not come but I was billed for the amount of the refund. After several calls, they never took care of it and it’s now on my credit report.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Their prices increase every year making it unaffordable. There is no longer a basic package for the elderly or fixed income. If you want to reduce costs you have to give up channels but have no choice as to the wifi service.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Time Warner now Spectrum, quality of service is gone downhill. The shows or channels will air one day and not the next. They have higher prices and poor service. They induce people for an introductory price but forget the loyal customers.

Original review: May 5, 2018

They keep coming out but they can't seem to get my internet service working properly. It fades in and out but the service person just says the signal is great. I'm looking for a new provider, but the selection in my area is very thin.

Not sure about Time Warner?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Satellite and Cable TV Providers for you.

Time Warner expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In 1989 when Time, Inc. and Warner Communications merged, the first seeds were planted for what would become one of the nation's largest cable television networks. Time Warner is headquartered in New York City.

• Pay in store: Consumers who prefer to pay with cash can visit Time Warner retail locations.

• Big on-demand catalog: More than 10,000 shows and movies are pre-loaded on the Time Warner on-demand service.

• Mobile viewing: Customers can view programming on their smartphone or tablet.

• Enjoy Internet access: With Time Warner, viewers get access to a network of more than 400,000 WiFi hotspot locations.

• Bundled services: Time Warner also offers discounted Internet and phone service bundles.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, households on a budget and businesses who provide entertainment to customers or staff members.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

New York City
NY
www.timewarnercable.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business