2.03/5
Based on 189 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2509 Time Warner Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 16, 2018

I went into the local office in East Rochester NY and set up an account for my mother. Prior to that the account was in my name and appeared on my bill monthly. In order to set it up in her name for her I had to be listed on the account as a authorized person which was done. It has been some time now and Time Warner has switched over to Spectrum. Today I needed to make a change to the account that I opened up due to health reasons and of course they won't let me! No record of me being an authorized user! Oh and can't look up and see that it had also been my account! Talked to a supervisor who suggested that I bring in a power of attorney form. Are you kidding me? Spectrum sucks!!! Get your ** together. Quit hassling people. I'm not adding features or increasing the bill like you do regularly. Thanks for nothing.

Original review: May 13, 2018

A new cable box was to be delivered 2 months ago and I have yet to receive it. Also for what a pay and the channels I receive is ridiculous. I have 2 DVR boxes and both constantly freeze which means resetting.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Time Warner has good service most of the time. Few outages. Good channel selection. Switched to Google Fiber when it became available primarily due to promise of higher quality and price. Quality didn't show a big difference but price did. Time Warner is expensive for numerous devices.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Time Warner brags about how many channels they have. However, they are counting all languages and shopping channels. Also, having to purchase a whole package for one channel is unfair and expensive.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Time Warner has no customer service. They have rude, condescending employees that hate to hear their phones ringing about one complaint after another. Years of no service and terrible service. There are NO customers on our street using this awful company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Time Warner?

Original review: May 12, 2018

Time Warner company but do not produce internet speed they promise. Want to blame your equipment even with new PC Phone. Customer service is good but techs do not solve any problems.

Original review: May 12, 2018

This cable provider recently switched me to digital and I've had a lot of problems. The day they switched me over, the cable worked for 1 hour and 15 minutes before it went out. They sent another technician out at 7:15pm that same night. He switched out the cable box that had just been installed at noon that day, changed the connection cord (the first tech left the original cord that had been there for 9 years in place), changed some settings and cable was back on. It lasted 5 days, went out on a Friday at 7:30pm until a tech could come out on Sunday afternoon. He checked outside line, said it had been chewed part way through, probably a squirrel, changed that and a piece of equipment inside that he said they hadn't used in over a decade! So far, it's been working for 8 days. Let's see how long it lasts!

Original review: May 12, 2018

Customer service waiting time on the phone was about 30 mins. The person was very rude. The price of service is very high, hope to find new server within 6 months, thanks.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Has been the best deal until now. Unfortunately have had 2 increase in cost in the past year so comparison dollar for dollar value is decreasing another increase. Will have to make changes in provider.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I had better experience before TWC became Spectrum. Have had more problems needing tech visits and not sure why. They have all been helpful, but I still have lack of internet until someone comes to my home.

Original review: May 11, 2018

The quality of their service is fairly good but I do object to their pricing. As a long time customer they will not allow me to purchase the same service as a brand new customer. Despite several attempts I still pay about $40.00 than friends who are new to their service.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Time Warner is totally overpriced, will not work with you on price, even with seniors. Nothing to watch most nights. Same reruns over and over, a wasteland. If you bundle you have to accept their price. Awful.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Time Warner is always raising my bill and providing less service. Furthermore they don't even offer some of the stations I really want to view. I don't want all their sports stations but there are few options beyond that available. I do not watch a lot of tv and for nearly $100 per month to watch fewer than 10 hours of viewing time per week I find the per hour rate high. I have withdrawn my subscription to them and use streaming now.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I love my cable provider because they offer tv and internet bundle for a affordable price and also fastest internet available in my area. Whenever I call with a problem they resolve it quickly.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Time Warner offers internet, TV and phone bundled together. We we're told take it or leave it. No choice, can't pay for just internet and cable TV. Stuck paying for phone we don't want or need.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The costs are just so high for retired customers on a fixed income. As we have more time than the non-retirees on our "hands" we use this utility more than the average "Joe"...especially during the winter months.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The few times that we needed to call to install another box or for whatever reason, the service was Tremendous. They called 15 minutes before they came, they had their uniforms and name tags on. The men were polite, knew what to do, and did in a timely manner. They clean up after themselves, and ask if there was anything else that they could help or answer questions. I love the service, and great TV reception.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Long waits when you call in for “help” and long waits at local business to pay bill!! Long wait to get a technician/repairman to house and customer service have individuals that can barely communicate in English. Wish we had more options for providers.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Time Warner had improved its service significantly in the past couple of years. Still too expensive in my opinion but I'm not ready to cut the cord.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Time Warner is overpriced and unreliable. They nickel and dime consumers. And they have the worst customer service on the planet. When you call for technical assistance, there is an automated response. You go through the steps and it doesn't work -- so you call again. Your picture freezes too. They are a ripoff, and should not be in business.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Time Warner is charging an amount of money for services I never used. I was out of the country and gave them all proof that somebody else used the services and they stated they can't send the bill to the person that re-open the services without my authorization. Anybody can go to their office and reactivate the services and they will do it. Then they want me to pay over $600.

Original review: May 6, 2018

The computer part of my system in our cottage, comes and goes/shuts down. When I call company they always tell me to reset modem. I do that and it doesn't help. I have asked them to replace my modem several times to no avail. TV is working ok. I do not have their phone system.

Original review: May 6, 2018

2 yrs ago, I lost my home to a fire on the 24th of the month the next day I canceled my cable. I had already paid a month in advance, returned equipment, was told I would get a refund in the mail. Not only did it not come but I was billed for the amount of the refund. After several calls, they never took care of it and it’s now on my credit report.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Their prices increase every year making it unaffordable. There is no longer a basic package for the elderly or fixed income. If you want to reduce costs you have to give up channels but have no choice as to the wifi service.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Time Warner now Spectrum, quality of service is gone downhill. The shows or channels will air one day and not the next. They have higher prices and poor service. They induce people for an introductory price but forget the loyal customers.

Original review: May 5, 2018

They keep coming out but they can't seem to get my internet service working properly. It fades in and out but the service person just says the signal is great. I'm looking for a new provider, but the selection in my area is very thin.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Price started out fantastic, but within 6 months it began to climb. By the second year my bill had doubled! I called customer service and I was told, "No... There was nothing they could do to help as I was given a promotional rate". VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!

Original review: May 4, 2018

This Company is now Spectrum and the prices just SOAR. They claim we have all of the discounts but I don't see any of them through all of the FEES. They always say you can address a reduction and the end of the PROMO Period, so how can they say they don't have contracts.

Original review: May 4, 2018

They will not provide a Price Sheet for each item offered without bundling or special pricing so that you can make an informed decision on what products you can afford upfront. When pressured on phone for them to send me this or link to view it they tell me they do not have one and just tell them what I want and they will give me a price. I cannot even tell them what I want because I do not know exactly what they offer without special or bundled pricing. I want to know what my actual billing will be when their specials end.

Have now been forced to rent cable receivers and have to have one for each TV. Now I can not afford to have cable on all my TV's and now have TV's that just sit there. Then I spent over a week programming these boxes and they still do not work right. Have to keep programming them on a regular basis which means unhooking all wires and rehook, wait 10 minutes and even then sometimes it does not work. Also on older TV's it will not broadcast the same channel line up as newer TV's.

I am paying for all my TV's to have all the channels. Have to have 2 remotes to work the TV. I spent an entire day to the point that my cordless phone battery died on the phone with a Rep trying to help me get it to work to which he sent a different remote of which I have not tried to use because I have not had an entire day to get it working if it would at all. Also now I will be in the middle of a show and if I am not looking at the screen (cooking etc) and it comes up with an energy saver which turns my TV off. They should not be able to do this on my TV. It is mine and I will turn it off when I want to.

Also sometimes when trying to turn back on then I have to reprogram the whole TV again. And I need TV to sleep and being I have to use 2 different remotes and The TV Remote will control volume up & down and mute and sleep timer the Cable Remote controls changing the channels but the on off button does not work on all remotes so you have to get up to press the on off button on the box itself. Then I had to actually flick each channel one at a time to write down what each channel was because the sheets they sent did not match up AT ALL. That made it hard to even tell which channels you were actually paying for or had.

Now I just received my bill and still can not tell exactly what I am paying for by the way. It is broken down and no price sheet to go by but for this first month the billing is marked for a partial months billing. There for the price I was quoted does not match up and I will be hit next month with a huge bill. I also had to drive to the Spectrum store to get one defective box replaced. I worked one full week trying to get these receivers hooked up. And I know I have left something of this letter but this will have to do for now.

Original review: May 4, 2018

The New York Attorney General has filed a class action suit against Charter (who owns Spectrum who owns Time Warner Cable), if that says anything. The monopolies that these cable companies have is a horrible situation for consumers! All they do is just keep raising your bill consistently for the same package you have had for years. They recently FORCED me into a "higher speed" internet connection and raised my bill with no warning, one month my bill was just higher and I had no idea why. To make it worse, I saw NO "faster speed". Nothing is faster than it was before. In fact my internet goes down more times per month than it did before. I stream a lot and the picture is even worse sometimes than it was before they forcibly switched to the "higher speed".

I purchased my own modem to save some money as per the documentation on their website. What they did not tell you is that you STILL have to use their modem for the phone connectivity! Plus you cannot use the built-in wireless from the modem they make you keep, now if you want wireless you have to purchase more equipment. That's saving money, NOT! I have had no TV package for quite some time and they broadcasted the basic stations (ABC, NBC, FOX, PBS and a couple more) when you do not pay for a TV package. NOW they "congratulated" all their customers that they are now 100 digital! Now you need a set top box to get ANY stations at all.

So now I have no TV stations at all. They are nice enough though to not charge you for 1 year for ONE set top box. Who has only one TV in their home??? So, again more money! I may get the box for 1 free year but I will certainly give it back when the year is up. I just have Netflix and Amazon Prime. The only customers they care about is the new customers that sign up. The heck with the customers that have been around for years (well forcibly). I HATE CABLE COMPANIES! The satellite companies are no cheaper and basically have the same business practices, but at least there is a choice. So the consumers are screwed all the way around! I could actually go on and on with other examples, but you get the gist I'm sure.

Time Warner expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In 1989 when Time, Inc. and Warner Communications merged, the first seeds were planted for what would become one of the nation's largest cable television networks. Time Warner is headquartered in New York City.

• Pay in store: Consumers who prefer to pay with cash can visit Time Warner retail locations.

• Big on-demand catalog: More than 10,000 shows and movies are pre-loaded on the Time Warner on-demand service.

• Mobile viewing: Customers can view programming on their smartphone or tablet.

• Enjoy Internet access: With Time Warner, viewers get access to a network of more than 400,000 WiFi hotspot locations.

• Bundled services: Time Warner also offers discounted Internet and phone service bundles.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, households on a budget and businesses who provide entertainment to customers or staff members.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs