Time Warner

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Spectrum has falsely advertised their TV packages when they said to switch over you would get better TV and quality. So when we swapped over, they took away the shows I watched the most just to hype up the price before they would turn them back on for me. I already pay 140.00 a month. Just watch what you buy from this company. I think that a class action lawsuit should be started on them.

I have gotten three offers in the mail where they lay out my current service and offer me upgraded services at less than $5.00 more than I am paying now. I called once and got a rep who asked me to read the disclaimer to him that was on the back of the letter. I started to but I stopped. And then he repeated to me, like a story, of what services I might be qualified to get, and then after all that said he couldn't help me. I said, "I see that nothing has changed." He started talking again but I told him I couldn't be on the phone that long. He transferred me but I ended hanging up. The second time I called I got a woman who read my offer to me like a story (I understand. I would be like I got this offer in the mail offering me... I would call and expect to get it... on and on. Are they trained to do this?). She then put me on hold and came back and said I didn't qualify for the offer. So I said, "what you are saying is that I should get Google Fiber."

The third time I called I was told I had to go to the actual office. (Have any of you been to the office.) I said Time Warner used to be able to change my services over the phone. The 4th time I called I escalated it immediately. She said there is nothing in the system that shows the offers being sent to customers. She said, "We can't possibly have all of the customer's physical letters in front of us. We would have a pile of paper." What? To her credit she at least told us the same thing as the first person... go to the office. My husband went in and they told him they would wait until August. By then I am going to prep and we will go with another provider I am thinking. Really disappointed. Quit sending me this crap in the mail if you are not going to honor it.

We have had a cable cord above ground for 5 months now, have called the company 6 times, and still no results. The cable cord is in a hazardous area, but Time Warner still does not respond. They have set multiple dates to come out and fix this, but no one has showed up, followed up, or shown any concern for the matter. We've had multiple customers and employees trip over the cord. Time Warner customer service and technical service is a JOKE!!

Two years ago my husband and I had TWC hooked up in our apartment as they were our only option. One year ago, our bill jumped with no warning, and when we asked them about it they just said "Our promotion ended". We were never told about a promotion, and were not given a heads up that our bill would increase. Fast forward another year and our bill jumped AGAIN! They gave us the same lame excuse "that promotion ended." When confronted, because we didn't sign up with a promotion or anything, they said "well your modem rent went up." So they lied to us first. No warning, no apologies, nothing. On top of that our internet and cable has been cutting in and out constantly. Customer service and quality has gone down horribly and I'm sick of it.

Don't switch to Time Warner/Spectrum unless you want to be scammed and lied to. I signed up for the package that including cable, phone, internet and tax is $130 per month. My first bill from them was $650. After 4 phone calls we agreed that for the period I had their service I would pay $267 and that would be in full. The next month I received a bill for $407. I have talked with 6 agents and am canceling my service. Buyer Beware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Time Warner?

I have been with this cable company at least 20 years, my monthly bill has been around $200 monthly. With no notice they raised my bill to $512.78, Apr 28. Time Warner Cable + Phone + Phone + Internet - $512.78. I called. They said because the bundle expired. They said there is no bundle to get my bill down, so I have to continue paying $512.78, or reducing my service will take it down to $400. per month. This is a total rip off. I have been out of town for 6 months, I will have this turned off as soon as I return, there was no notice. Bad Business! I don't know how to get my money refunded!

I relocated in the same general area last month. The apartment complexes I am (was) in are both served by Time Warner/Spectrum. I used Time Warner at the old location, and when switching the service I was told that Spectrum would be taking over the new arrangement. Pricing was the same for supposedly faster internet and additional cable channels. So far, the cable has been fine, but the internet speed and connectivity has been disgraceful. Definitely not faster and with frequent internet disconnects and/or service not available. One second, I receive an error message that the internet is not available, and the next everything is fine.

Upon calling tech support this evening to ask if this has been a problem, the rep quite candidly and honestly stated that there have been numerous complaints from my area that internet speeds and up/downloading are much slower under Spectrum. The rep then stated that all customers had been given a choice to remain with Time Warner if they preferred. I was given no such choice when I relocated. Internet connections and speed are crucial to me as I work from home, and rely on the internet. Suffice it to say, Spectrum is not delivering what their cheery, pie-in-the-sky ads profess.

I was promised faster internet the same channels and upgraded equipment for only $5 dollars a month more than I'm currently paying. LIES!! Getting half the channels, and the ones I do get are absolute crap... TV land?? Really?? I don't want to watch Rosanne re-runs again. I've seen all that crap when it was new... but thanks anyway. My bill is $15 more than stated and my 60 mbps internet is clocking in at 35. Called numerous times and they made me feel like a criminal for asking to receive the services and pricing I was promised. Stay clear of this corrupt company. All they are after is to beat Comcast and be the biggest provider out even at the cost of the customer. CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!

Time Warner was far more responsive and skilled. Spectrum/Time Warner. The reps admitted they were new. Why did my bill bounce $120 per month? No one could accurately speak to this. BEWARE Looking into internet service to handle my wanting to stream without cable! This is the new way of our viewing. Forget cable. #forgetcable #deregulationsucks

Very poor consumer service! I called because I noticed on my website that my check was adjusted and my check was returned. I wanted to know why. This is what the lady told me: Didn't have the money in bank. I told her that was not true. I had more than enough in my bank. Couldn't tell me ANYTHING else that is all the information she had. Ask to speak to a Manager. She told me that she had already been talking to a Manager and he would tell me the same thing. After repeated requests to talk to a Manager, finally got a assistant Manager on the phone. She told me that's all the information she had. Needed to talk to my bank. Again I ask to talk to the Manager.

Finally a Manager got on the phone. He told me the same thing. Talk to my bank. I ask the Manager why the lady that answer the phone why she had a different P.O Box and different way of making my payment that I didn't send a check. I did it online. Still NO answer. I ask for a corporate office number. Said there was no number. I had told them I needed answers and I guess the only way I will get them is from CHANNEL 6 NEWS. I am now waiting for Channel 6 News for a call back. Just a shame I had to take this ACTION just to get my questions answered.

That's right another scam. We have been a customer of Time Warner for 20 years. Spectrum is a wolf in sheep clothing. The quality of their programming and service is appalling. Spectrum are now taking over and despite what they tell you in constant TV advertising "It's a new day!! You get more for less!!" Don't believe a word. Our monthly bill will be going up 35% in the fall. The prices quoted rates are ONLY for NEW CUSTOMERS. Thank you Spectrum for respecting customers who have been loyal for 20 years or more. The ad does NOT mention the fact that we get screwed. I wonder why? More money for the FAT CATS, thats why. The channel lineup is disgusting. The vast majority of the programs are repeats from up to 30 years ago. All they do is keep moving them around. The ONLY current channels are media news like Fox, NBC, etc. Something has to be done about this company. This is another MONOPOLY pure and simple, just like the banks.

I moved out of my home 3/1/17 & notified Time Warner to cancel my service that day. I was instructed to take my equipment back, which happened 3/3/17. Mid April I received a collection letter from ERC which stated I had an outstanding Equipment Charge for a Wireless Mode and owed $78. I called ERC on 4/17/17 and it took 16 minutes before I was connected to an attendant. She was polite and went through the whole speech of, "This call is recorded and any information will be used..." It took another 4 minutes for her to find my account.

Once this happened she went through the speech again but at the end she says, "Your balance is zero dollars and zero cents, what can I help you with?" "I have this bill". "Well you must have returned your equipment." I then asked why I was getting letters from collections when Time Warner never contacted me and the equipment had been returned one month before the invoice was generated? Her response was that ERC works with Time Warner and ERC is "a pre collections" to help avoid going collections. Time Warner & ERC wasted 1/2 hour of my time, plus the stress of getting such a letter in the first place. Time Warner needs to change their procedures.

I have been trying to get a refund for 2 years! Each time I call I am on the phone for an hour and half that time is on hold. Each time they "send" a check something happens and I don't get it. Now, they are telling my account isn't even there! I unfortunately just had to get service with them again because they are the only ones allowed at my new complex and instead of a refund I just want a credit but doesn't look like that will happen. Very disappointed. Avoid them at all cost. They will find ways to keep your money.

I was told by a customer representative I could extend seasonal service if I called by March 14th. I called and it was no problem. When I received by next bill, it wasn't seasonal billing, it was regular. I immediately called a customer rep and they told me they would take care of it and it will be seasonal billing in 48 hours. I waited five days, and called again, as my bill amount had not changed. When I called they said no problem, they would put it in again, and in 48 hours the amount would be changed back to seasonal. Today I called and was told by a rep (and a supervisor) that what the other representatives told me was incorrect and I could NOT get seasonal billing. I am not sure what they are doing for customer service training, but they need to step it up. Very frustrating!

I've been fighting with Time Warner/Spectrum over my wifi speeds for the last few months. First it was my wifi modem couldn't handle the new speeds. I went to the office and got a new one. Then it was, "Let's upgrade your service. You only have 20mps service" (less than half the speed I've been paying for the last ten years). Upgraded my service to the new super fast speed offered by Spectrum for a couple dollars less than what I've been paying. All was good... for a day it actually ran at 130mps without a problem at all. Two days later it was back to 10mps. These are download speeds and should be considerably higher. After three and a half hours with tech support playing games and running me in circles they decided it has to be my equipment (all brand new btw) and they want to send a tech to the house. Still getting nowhere and getting very frustrated with the lack of service.

Garbage company. Since it turned from Time Warner to Spectrum, their policies have gone to feces. They falsely advertise a speed then give you 2-5 Mbps less than what you're paying for, and they won't even work with their customers anymore on payment plans, unlike Time Warner who I never had issues with on that. They were always willing to work with me because they knew I was going to pay. The customer service reps are jerks now, and if there wasn't a monopoly in my area on ISP's who don't charge per data rather than monthly, I would be going to some other company in a HURRY.

I called TWC about a change in my bill. I was told a promotional period had ended. I have been with Time Warner for over 20 years and was not aware that my account was subject to any previous promotions. I was told I could keep my current 75 channels and internet speed for $156.00 per month or "convert" (?) to Spectrum (what's in a name change?). I could now have 125 channels and faster internet speed for less money. Somewhere around $145.00. Seemed like a no brainer, right? Wrong! After I got my new hardware set up I discovered I was now missing 16 channels that I had before and the "new" 125 channels were comprised of a few new worthless channels and multiple DUPLICATE channels.

When my wife, who was livid, talked with a TWC rep, they asked her "did anyone tell you, you were going to keep all the channels you had before?" Obviously not. We were not told the truth. If I had been told truth, that I was going to lose 16 channels I had become accustomed to I would never have switched my service to a different program. They tricked me into a different program and then tried to sell me the channels that were taken away from me for a higher cost in The Gold Program. ** Time Warner or whatever you care to call yourself. As soon as I am able you will be history.

My mother has TWC and went Spectrum for the same cable package. It went up 20 dollars and half of her channels was cut and replaced with kid shows and cartoons, took away Animal Planet, Game Show Network, and TV Land. Spectrum are wanting her to pay 10-12 dollars each for these shows that are re-runs and over 50 years old. She only has cable and phone and her bill is 120.00 dollars. We called about her service and got the most rude, crude women ever. She said, "You don't like it drop the service."

When I went to TWC building which is Spectrum now there was 5 people in line with their cable boxes and modems dropping their service. Even the women who work at our building said they have heard horror stories about these rude, "don't care" attitudes from Spectrum in Cincinnati, Ohio. I thought TWC was bad but Spectrum is 10x worse. They are losing customers every day by the gobs cause of their "I don't care" attitudes, "it's our way or the high way". For people who live in small towns they have no choice to take their service mainly for internet. Lately people are fed up with them and going to Dish and DirecTV and the hell with the internet.

Not only is the service terrible due to outdated equipment that cannot support the service they claim but their customer service is naturally just as bad. And to top it off they don't want to wait when they decide to overcharge. After 20 days they send you to collections! Do yourself a favor and take your business elsewhere.

On March 20, 2017 I spent 1 hour on the phone while TW was troubleshooting my internet. Wasted time so they set me an appointment for a tech to come out on March 23, 2017 between 5-6 pm. On the 23rd at 4:45 pm I decided to call because I had not heard from TW. Well to my surprise, an appointment had not been scheduled. Understanding my anger and wasted time they sent someone out at 7pm that day. The tech ran a new line from the cable box at the street across my backyard and said a contractor would contact me and be out in 3 days to bury the line. Friday March 31, 2017 I called regarding the contractors and instructed them that I needed to be called because I have dogs and wouldn't be home today.

When I pulled into my drive there was a TW man at my front door and he said, "I'm here to check the line to be buried." I said you were supposed to call before you came out and he shrugged my comment off and said he needed to inspect the line for damages. I opened the gate and he literally took one step and viewed the line from there. That was not an inspection!! He then turned and said he would set appointment. Monday morning April 3, 2017 I still had not heard from anyone and the line still ran across my yard so I made a call and asked to speak with only supervisors and went through the whole story again, even telling them I would not be home before 5 today!!! She said she would have the dispatch super call me and she did and told me line would be buried by 1pm today. I said, "That's not possible, I have dogs and need to be home to remove them." She said she would call back with a reschedule.

That never happened and they buried the line while I was gone. Again I called on April 4, 2017 because we were experiencing the same issues with Internet dropping offline and slow load speeds. An appointment was set for Thursday April 6, 2017 @8am. The tech showed up, ran some test, changed some channels and saw some errors but still could not figure it out. He gave me his phone #, email add and asked me to snapshot and call him when it happens again. REALLY!!! My internet, I'm pretty sure is supposed to be 100 Mbps and they are telling me it's 50 Mbps. I had one lady tell me it tells me online on my account. I still have not found where that is. It only says "Extreme". Needless to say my internet still sucks and speeds have drastically slowed down since Spectrum became involved. All streaming and internet activity is slow and we are constantly resetting our modem. There's obviously something fishy going on!!!

Was persuaded into increasing our internet service to 100mb/s. Literally 1 month into the year the rate increased from 59.99 to 64.99. I called in and was that there was a company-wide rate increase that had nothing to do with my individual account. It would have been ethical of Spectrum/Time Warner to inform me of the price increase when they sold me the internet service at a lower rate.

First off, my experience on the phone when I first called the toll free number to start service in a new state was well, fantastic. They had a great new customer offer going on with multi-room DVR and OnDemand programming! Everything was supposed to be set up to have the boxes delivered on Saturday (that should have been my first red flag) the day I was moving in. So much easier to install your own equipment while setting up the home theater and 6 other rooms. However, no boxes; I have to call the local office to find out what is going on and lo-n'-behold, I have to go pick them up.

Ok fine, so off I go, get to the office and "???" is the only look I get. They don't offer the service I pre-paid for in my area!? Oh get this, it is still the $$$. Total ripoff as they continued to add charges for installation (I installed everything) and other bill bloating garbage. I spent hours on the phone trying to obtain what I was promised, but no one I spoke with could explain to me why I was lied to. There were a lot of phone calls made with no resolution. I am not able to use another provider, as the area I live in is surrounded by trees and the greatest cable company (that's another review) is not available.

Today is the 5th of April, which I pre-paid for April's service last month, and Time Warner shut down my internet (they do this almost every month) because I haven't paid for May yet!!! I HAVE HAD IT WITH TWC!!! Sadly, I can do nothing about it and must continue to punish myself until I either move, the greatest cable company takes over or moves in (not Spectrum), the State Forestry Service decides to cut some trees down, or enough consumers complain about how terrible they are that they simply go away. Please, if you have a choice, do not use Time Warner Cable (now Spectrum) as they have the worst customer service, cable & internet service, reliability, ethics and business model.

They were supposed to up my cable and they couldn't. So they told me I would get a refund. I call them several times, and they doing is giving me the runaround. They keep saying 4 to 6 weeks. It's a different story every time.

For 3 years now I have been told that I am on a promotional rate, which I am not, which is an excuse to raise my rates. In the last 3 months my bill has gone up over $45.00/mo... You cannot talk to these people (who are not in America, by the way.) There seems to be no way to contact Mr. Andreas Rouve who is the CEO making nearly $6 million per year. They run ads on most TV stations at least once per 1/2 hour geared to businesses. They are gouging the little people for his salary & to give businesses the big break. We need a class action lawsuit!!

When my bill went up $20/mo, I thought no big deal, but when it went up another $20+, to >$100/mo for straight internet service, I looked at the bill and saw I was being charged for Starter TV service and equipment. I was told they would not credit my account, though they've been charging me for 14 months for TV equipment that I do not have and service that I never ordered and do not use. I would discourage anyone from going on autobill with this company (recently bought out by Spectrum).

I've been a TWC and now Spectrum subscriber for years. I recently cancelled cable service but kept TWC 100 Mbps internet service. Since doing so, my download speed has decreased and I'm experiencing problems with my PCs as a result. The TWC Spectrum website has no means of receiving feedback or contacting an actual person. A HUMAN SHOULD BE ON HAND TO READ MESSAGES WHICH CANNOT BE READ BY THIS DEVICE. After quickly typing a paragraph into a chat text entry field during my work hours this afternoon, expressing my displeasure upon noticing that my internet speed had actually decreased when I cancelled cable service but kept my 100 Mbps internet plan, I waited for the second response ("let me look into that" was the first response). No other response came. Instead a window opened telling me my session had ended.

My issue is the following: Why is it that with fewer devices connected to my modem, my download speed has become slower. The plan says 100 Mbps but I rarely make 68 or 70 Mbps. I am using an Arris SB6141 SURFboard which can handle 300 Mbps. Before I cancelled cable service, my DL speed was faster. Fios is in my building now but I was assured that keeping TWC Spectrum would be the wiser choice.

I am currently switching to DirecTV. Once Time Warner Cable became Spectrum, I received my new bill and our service went up. I made multiple calls and they informed me that my package price wasn't changing it was just the fact that our free adapter promotion was going off. My package price was going up this past December and they told me to come pick up a set top box and my package would be a certain price for 12 months. That should mean that the price will be the same for 12 months.

I inquired about some promotions I received in the mail with our account name and address. Well, guess what??!!? We can't get those because we have a current cable subscription and cable is the base service for any of those promotions, so basically, we have had Time Warner Cable, now Spectrum for 25 years and we can't have as good of a deal as new customers. I think all the providers should get smart and get a reasonable price and keep it the same. Anyway, Spectrum is losing 25 year customers because of not fulfilling their promised price. I am requesting that everyone should choose any provider other than Spectrum.

Decided to give the new Spectrum Cable a try. I already had Time Warner internet and was pleased. Went to our so called local office to get my boxes and set up a package. Was talked into adding Voice call for 7.00 more dollars a month total of $107.00 a month with Basic package. Voice call and Wi Fi. My first bill was $250.00 and a $49.99 upgrade fee. Was so upset waiting to cool off before calling. Before I knew it they turned it off. So I spent 2 hours on the phone being told they would not talk to me until I paid my past due bill. No no no I'm calling about this mess finally by the 5th person claiming to be management said he was sending this to his management to investigate and would call me back in 30 min. Well 20 hours later I have not heard from them. Do not upgrade your services thinking you getting a great deal. Because it's a lie, it's fraud. I can't get anywhere with them. I need help!

I found an article stating that New York Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman has filed a lawsuit against TWC for defrauding customers on internet speed. I wrote a letter to Mr. Schneiderman even though I live in NC asking for his help because I couldn't get help in NC after several attempts. Within two days, I received an email from him saying that he had turned my complaint over to the NC Attorney General. I am being besieged with calls from TWC wanting to help me with any problem I may have. My internet speed increased dramatically overnight once the Attorney General got involved.

Been a customer with Time Warner Cable for 10+ years. My mother just recently passed away and my husband and I moved in to take full care for her until she passed last year. Since we were customers with TWC we had my mother's service transferred into our name. We don't watch cable and use our cell phone more than a landline, so we had the cable and phone turned off, but kept the internet. We actually upgraded to their Turbo internet with 50 Mbps... the highest internet service they provide. Since we upgraded we have had the worst experience with our internet. We actually had our modem upgraded to their modem with built-in WiFi router. We bought a new coax cable and moved the router to the top floor of my mother's 4,500 square foot home. We feel like we're being ripped off.

Our internet goes out at least 3 times a day... some days it's more. Anytime it rains or snows our internet goes completely out for a couple of hours. Each time we call customer service we get the same technical results- "turn off modem/reset router/etc, etc... We bought a new coax cable about a month ago and we're still having the same issue. And we're paying $75 a month for internet that we can't even use. We have 4 devices hooked to our internet- TV, Playstation, Laptop, and Cell Phone. No we're supposed to be receiving 50Mbps, but when we run a test it's always at 20-23Mbps. We brought this up to the customer service tech rep, and they told us that our WiFi runs off of whatever device that receives the lowest bandwidth. So our phone when it's not using DATA is sucking all the internet which results in our media and work-related devices to get the low blow as well.

We upgraded to 50Mbps, because before it was 15Mbps and we were only getting around 7 to 10 Mbps, and the internet was even worse than before. At this point I don't even think they even have a true 50Mbps service and it's just a way to promote false services and fraud people into paying more. We have never received more than 34Mbps at the most, even when we have our phone turned off. And to bring it back up again... the constant internet outage, resetting the modem, etc. is ridiculous, since we never have any internet outages in the area itself. And it's not just us. Many friends and family who also use TWC/Spectrum are also experiencing the same issues.

A tech rep also said they could send a tech out to fix any issue but there would be a fee... a ridiculously high-priced fee on something that they said they couldn't guarantee would fix the issue. Why would I pay a tech fee on top of $75.00 a month for a crap service? We're moving in the next few months due to work, but unfortunately, we're still going to have to use Spectrum due to they are the only internet provider in the region.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers