1.67/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Discover the right cable & satellite TV provider for you
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

2431 Time Warner Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Constant outages. Poor customer service. Wanted to charge to have a technician to come out. Service in house only one-year-old. Nothing wrong. Then they tell me on the phone there's an outage in the area. Again. Live in one G.R. Computer and TV always seem to think I live in another. Can't even get that right. Should have a zero star rating. If there was I would be all over it. I've just had it with this company. Try to keep you hostage with the Internet. I was going to change. And probably still will! I'll just pay the heavily padded Internet fee. Paying $$30 dollars a month for Phone service I never even used. 29, 29, 29. Hook and loop. Bait and switch. Scam artist profession at its best. Ask a charter. They know how. I'm just sick and tired of the poor service.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My cable goes out all the time and I'm constantly getting kicked off wifi. I have DVR and they sold it as being able to record 2 channels at once. Well you can, as long as you're watching 1 of the channels you're recording. How stupid is that. I don't need to record a show I'm watching. So you can really only record 1 channel. It's 2017 and you have to press 4 buttons to turn the tv on and off! I can deal with that but not with being talked to like I was when I called customer service. I signed up for a 2 year contract. At the end of the first year my bill went up. I called and they said the discounts for the 2nd year are not as much as the first year. They didn't tell me that. I guess there's fine print that I didn't know about.

The only way to reduce my bill was to lose some of the features. I decided to call back and talk to a supervisor. He had the worst attitude, spoke to me like a jerk and instead of trying to help he decided to give me an education on how businesses work! He sounded like he was fresh out of school and had an I'm a big shot attitude? I've ran my own business for 30 years, I know about customer service and he failed big time! First rule in business is the customer is always right, even if they're not. You talk to them with respect and like they are a valued client. So now instead of $30 a month more (that's what my bill went up) they lose a customer. Maybe he needs to go back to business school. I had AT&T in another state before moving back to Cali and they are hands down a better company.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

It's an annual thing. Every year when the first cold weather hits, our internet starts lagging and eventually goes completely down. It usually takes 4 repair visits, requiring me to be home for each, before they get the problem fixed. We are on visit number 2 this year. I've been on hold tonight for 30 minutes so far. If there is any other internet provider in your area, use them!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

It's about a week I just went to pick up modem for my Spectrum Time Warner Cable internet service (my zip code is in the area of TWC). I already had 3 days I had to call due to loss of internet. Now is my 3rd time while I make this review from my cellphone... I am waiting now more than 20 mins for someone to get my call. I don't know what is most frustrating... Already looking for other companies for internet while wait technical support.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I sincerely hope Spectrum goes out of business. Customer service is non-existent. Recently contacted Live Support twice and was told a "Ticket" had been written and was also assured my problem would be fixed in 6-8 hrs. Later learned no ticket/s were ever submitted. Then spoke to rep who told me she'd research issue and get back to me next day. No call (no surprise). When I asked for her specifically I was told she is out for 3 weeks. What a joke. I despise this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Time Warner?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Worst customer service, they take the cake. Construction Dept6. Lazy, lie, say they will be out to replace the green box. Bare wires exposed, waiting for a lawsuit when someone falls, or the kids keep pulling on it. Called 15 times for repair, 10 supervisors, a trip down to the office… Disgusting dumb customer service. Still waiting for the lazy construction team to show up. Note: This is not a fake review. It's a disgusting review. The work ticket order was the last number they gave me, however, they told that ticket along with the other 5 has been closed??? Just come replace the green box, and put the transformer in place. PLEASE!!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I was considering switching to Time Warner Spectrum. I had set up an appointment and then realized that reviews on the internet complained about their slow upload speeds. I called to inquire about their upload speeds. The woman I spoke to asked what state I was in and when I said Ohio she said I could expect 5 (the internet said up to 20). Right after that the original person I spoke to called back. He said the upload was 50 so I asked if that was in writing and could he email it to me. Suddenly, without saying anything another person was on the line. He said there was nothing in writing but I should try it. I explained that my daughter is a YouTuber and I couldn't try it. I need to know what the actual upload speed is. He then asked me for my daughter's YouTube channel like I was lying. He was rude and obnoxious and lost the company a potential customer.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Time Warner is an awful company and I feel they take advantage of their position and way overcharge for their services. If you need help from a tech they charge you for a phone call, tv and internet freezes or goes out all the time.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I live in Florida and we have Spectrum as our cable company but not by choice. They bought out Brighthouse and there is no other Cable Company in our area. I just received a letter from Spectrum that our bill was to jump from 152$ to 177$ not including taxes and fees, Spectrum claims we are coming to the end of our promotion pricing we had with Brighthouse, we never had promotion pricing. This is just a way for them to raise prices! Why is the State of Florida allowing Spectrum to do this to its Citizens? Governor Scott needs to make the robbery stop!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My 92 year old mother lives alone. I want to install a camera so I can check on her remotely. Time Warner/Spectrum do not offer any package to make this affordable. But they have special pricing for **. Shame on those **.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I am a new customer. I still do not have a working TV in my bedroom. Your customer service by telephone is the worst. The whole experience of getting hooked up with cable was a nightmare and still is.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Since TW changed to Sp... workers still wonderful BUT my printer will still NOT WORK/print! HP says it has something to do w/ internet AND I've never had this problem till recently! 6 new modems in several months? Ridiculous!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I type in my login and password. Then I wait for a minute for my email to load. Then I click on the newest email. Then I wait for a minute for my newest email to load. Then I delete my newest email. Then I wait for a minute for my email to delete. Then I get a notice that my session has timed out due to inactivity. So I log in again. Then I wait for a minute for my email to load. Then I click on the newest email. Then I wait for a minute for my newest email to load. Then I delete my newest email. Then I wait for a minute for my email to delete. Then I get a notice that my session has timed out due to inactivity. This is ridiculous.

So I type in my login and password. Again. Then I wait for a full minute for my email to load. Then I click on the newest email. Then I wait for a full minute for my newest email to load. Then I delete my newest email. Then I wait for a full minute for my email to delete. Then I get a notice that my session has timed out due to inactivity. Got the point???

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I had switched to DirecTV from Time Warner and couldn't wait for the contract to be over so I could go back to Time Warner; my bill amount is always the same making it easy to keep to a budget. With DirecTV my bill was never the same and misc charges were always added.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Too expensive for what they offer. Continuous repeat after repeat and movie selection also is continually as bad as the programming. In fact I haven't seen any improvement since Spectrum took over.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Way too $$$ = I don't understand how cable can be so exorbitantly priced... The 'mark-up' on this type of service is asinine. We are with this service ONLY because the others are even worse.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I can't always count on them resolving issues thru the modem with them. I have to reboot it way too often some days. The repairmen that come out to help resolve my issues, except for two, always try to infer that it's user issue and not a system problem. And yet they ended up replacing my cable box and my modem and now they don't charge me a fee for the equipment.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Spectrum has replaced TWC. Good, because almost anything would be an improvement. TWC was AWFUL!!! Spectrum is expensive but we will see what happens.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I will keep this short and sweet because the people reading this have guidelines and seem to be on the corporate side because I wrote a very REAL REVIEW of how I feel and it wasn't politically correct. Time Warner now Spectrum gave me a price and I was very clear about that's all I would pay and they gave me their word about the my payment each month and that it would be $120 and when I got my bill it was close to $200 which is absolutely unacceptable.

I'm a man of my word and I've talked to countless people who are dealing with the same exact issue so I'm not alone. Their reasoning behind the charges were that at first they said were for the install then I countered that with the installation was free then they said they bill 2 months at a time which I told them still makes absolutely no sense at all considering I paid my Internet only bill for almost a year at !47 dollars one month at a time so I proved that to be not an honest response. When they overcharge millions of customers this is a lot of money fraudulently being charged to millions of hardworking people. I've messaged corporate in the past and they know what I'm talking about.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I like Time Warner's service and am satisfied. Most importantly, they have Dodgers Baseball. It was a deciding factor when I switched from DirecTV and I also bundled with them for a competitive rate.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I have a bundle, TV, phone, internet. It costs way too much. My grown children are trying to convince me to get rid of it. I phoned Time Warner/Spectrum and they said it would cost me more if I tried to cut back. My son is now looking at a Smart TV, but what about service. I cannot tell anyone how wonderful this cable company has been. I am just sorry it cannot help me out with this. They offer new customer all kinds of deals, yet someone who has been with them for decades isn't offered any deal. Unfortunately, financially I will have to terminate my service.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

The cable "program packages" are terrible. They shove 50 million sports channels in them to pad them then charge more if you ask for the select channels YOU want. It’s a bait and switch feel. And they are WAY overpriced.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Many have much to write but I choose to state again I am quite pleased with services and the cost is unbeatable. They are very prompt with responding to calls and services re: tech support.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Time Warner is getting very costly to keep and reception lately poorer than before. Lots of warbled shows for no logical reason. Not sure I would recommend them again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

TWC sold out to Spectrum, not real happy with them, customer service is awful, prices are high and they won't work with you to lower them. On Demand often takes days to a week to update and there is often interference.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

They have specials but instead of rewarding loyal customers by offering discounts you need to cancel and then sign up to get discounts or upgrades. If you have problems with equipment, that's your problem not theirs. Spent over $250.00 on different WiFi systems +$300.00 tech support and didn't work until we bought/rented their system.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Their technicians are very different. The second one had my internet working okay and my tv some what better. However the third one screwed everything up.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

TWC's email system has been effectively non-functional for a full week in my area (Southern California). Repeated and multiple calls to "Customer Service" have resulted in nothing but excuses and promises that they "are working on the issue." As long as TWC holds a legal monopoly on cable-based internet service, they are free to ignore customers. And that is precisely what they do. They are, in my opinion, the single worst company on the planet.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

The technician was friendly, courteous and efficient in fixing the cable that was not working. He explained that the thunder storm was problem why the cable quit working.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Services provided to our home through Time Warner are efficient, mostly consistent through low to medium weather events. We have experienced less than minimal interruptions with quick resolutions and little inconvenience. To date we have not had an in-home repair service performed.

Time Warner expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In 1989 when Time, Inc. and Warner Communications merged, the first seeds were planted for what would become one of the nation's largest cable television networks. Time Warner is headquartered in New York City.

• Pay in store: Consumers who prefer to pay with cash can visit Time Warner retail locations.

• Big on-demand catalog: More than 10,000 shows and movies are pre-loaded on the Time Warner on-demand service.

• Mobile viewing: Customers can view programming on their smartphone or tablet.

• Enjoy Internet access: With Time Warner, viewers get access to a network of more than 400,000 WiFi hotspot locations.

• Bundled services: Time Warner also offers discounted Internet and phone service bundles.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, households on a budget and businesses who provide entertainment to customers or staff members.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs