Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.83/5
Based on 2,359 ratings submitted in the last year

2565 Time Warner Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Pricing is out of site, I have a bundle and it's way more expensive than others plus they offer great deals to new customers instead of rewarding long term customers. In addition they advertise programs like Netflix which are not available.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Spectrum News, NY1, provides excellent coverage of current NY news, community, and medical topics. The journalists represent a great variety of backgrounds with personal knowledge of and commitment to different parts of NYC. They give friendly, well-intentioned, useful, and insightful coverage as well as investigative reporting that is not unpleasantly biased.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

We just moved from Indiana to Texas and from Comcast to Spectrum (Time Warner) and the cost is much less. We will see if that continues as we exceed the first year of the service. Their phone customer service is excellent.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

The problem I have with this company is the monthly bill keeps going higher and higher. We have no other cable choices where I live so they have a monopoly and no competition. May not be able to afford to have cable much longer.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I brought in some equipment to swap out and the young lady who assisted me was just fantastic. Her name was Aliesa and she not only assisted me in exchanging the equipment, but she was able to reduce the amount of my monthly bill. She was respectful, thanking me when I presented my license when she asked for it; thanking me for signing the receipt; and telling me to have a nice day as I left. What a wonderful experience! And despite the long lines, she didn't rush me. She did everything right. Give this girl a raise.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Time Warner?

Original review: June 16, 2019

When I moved the apartment, I also moved the internet service too. At that time, the sales rep told me that I will get the discount for 100 mb/s. And some time later, I have connection problems, I called to tech support. They said my limited speed is 73 mb/s. So, technically I am being cheated. So I called again to speak with sales and tech. One said I am supposed to get 100 mbs and one said I am only allow to get 70. So I called a month later to check again, so I will only get 60 mbs. Spectrum is cheating. I don't know this is allowed to do by law.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I wish I could give negative stars. Time Warner Spectrum sets the standard for incompetence. Internet goes out at least five times a day, I am not exaggerating. It’s impossible to work from home because it’s constantly going down, like clockwork. Absolutely terrible product and service, and to make matters worse the customer service is simply abysmal. They won’t do anything about it and they’ll keep charging insanely overpriced rates. Steer far, far away.

Original review: March 2, 2019

They suck. First installment date they didnt install the right equipment. Following day their guy came ripping through my apartment saying how he doesn't get paid enough, screaming and swearing on the phone, opening our door and throwing things in and out. 2nd month of bill got charged over 50 bucks. Don't think I should have been charged for the second installment at all with it being their mess up and how rude the technician was. Will be switching.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Do not use unless it's the last form of communication on the planet... And even then, consider training your own fleet of pigeon carriers... After countless hours of redundant, mindless, troubleshooting with "expert" technicians, area/field technicians, "managers", and "supervisors", this company has yet to provide a resolution, or even a follow up call as promised, as to why my TV is consistently pixelated or why I'm getting less than an 8th of the internet speeds I'm paying for. I'm filing a complaint with the FCC... DO NOT USE!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We are always having problems with our box! They had to put a new line (for the second time) from our house! On Super Bowl Sunday we lost the station it was on and had a house full of people! Called and the service people told us it was the box AGAIN! We asked billing for a refund and got a whole $2.60! We have had nothing but problems!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

If I could give Time Warner/Spectrum a negative rating I would. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET CABLE OR INTERNET FROM THIS COMPANY. My internet was constantly slow and would go out. I spent hours and hours on the phone trying to get them to solve the problem. I am an attorney who has long hours and commonly has to work from home. The slow internet severely impeded my ability to work. On top of that when I moved I returned my cable box and model in the box they provided me with a pre-addressed label. Time Warner/Spectrum claims they never got it. Which is not on me. I used their pre-addressed label and box. Now they have sent me to collections. This is the most useless company. They are a fraud and do not provide good products. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I had a small digital converter box that had obviously died. It would not come on when powered. I tried it with other outlets and tried another (successfully) where it had failed. So I took it to the Spectrum Time Warner store at 2222 South Blvd in Charlotte. There were a lot of people and I signed in and waited about one half hour. That was okay. The clerk was nice and replaced the defective equipment. I took it home and discovered it did not work either. I went through the same comparative diagnostic. I drove back to the store, which had filled up more. I asked if I could return the defective item I had just picked up. ** said I had to sign in and wait my turn, estimated an hour and a half to two hours.

I said that nobody should have to wait twice for the same thing. She cut me off before I finished, and so I asked to speak to the manager. She told me the manager had gone home. I asked to speak to whomever was in charge or could make a decision, but she said that there was nobody there who could make decisions. I would need to speak to the manager (who was not there). During this time, another man came up and said his elderly mother needed a place to sit and ** had a rude exchange with him. I asked for the manager's card. She went to get me one, but then came back and told me that she did not want to give me his card, because I was "just going to call up and complain." She did give me his first name.

A young guy with an "In training" tag tried to help me, but ** told him that I could wait. By this time, she was unhappy with me because I had started to video her with my phone, after she told me I could not get the manager's contact info, because I would just use it to complain. I have found the phone support people with Time Warner/Spectrum generally to be really as helpful as they can be, but the store experience is awful. Meanwhile, service calls tend to be pretty frustrating too, but not like the South Blvd. store.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Time Warner is getting too expensive. Every time I look at my bill is going up. Not happy. They use to give you a year with a promotion but every time I call they say there is no promo that I have a great deal. I'm thinking switching to FIO.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Very expensive just for basic cable. They charge a phone fee and we do not have a landline. Also charge for taxes they cannot explain when asked. We no choice but to continue with cable services.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I have tried to switch to DirecTV but have been told my location will not pick up signal. Time Warner (or as it is now called - Spectrum) is outrageously expensive for so little options and service that is offered.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Monopoly in my area of NY. There should be more ISP providers. Should be illegal! I am forced to pay for higher grade internet service because the lesser grade is just plain inadequate. There is absolutely no extra labor costs or extra equipment needed for a higher grade. Extortion period!!!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Just returned all the equipment to receive tv. Will have only internet with them. They raised my bill again. Went with Fire Stick and Hulu. Better and cheaper. I have been unhappy with them for some time and finally did something about it.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Just like any other for-profit business, Time Warner is nickel and diming me to death. My bill is almost $240 for cable, internet and phone. Supposedly bundling these services is supposed to be cheaper, but when the cable goes out, so does my phone and internet. Time Warner is too darn expensive.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Start with reasonable rates and the bill gets raised and again they raise it and before you know it the bill is sky high. When I complained they stated there was not they could do. I finally cancelled and they lowered it but I don't expect it to last.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Too much price for cable and internet service and customer service it's not good at all. Now we need to have a box for each tv and the box has horrible remote control. If by accident you touch wrong button it's very complicate to go back where you were, I can download the app to skip the box but the app it's awful.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Channel selection is not what we want, internet slow, having problems with telephone people. Can't call me without not getting through, Spectrum tries to help but does not solve the problem! I have summarized the area the problems and disappointments and what is forced upon us.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I'm paying a lot for commercials. They have more commercials than movies. I also can’t get WiFi unless I get a landline. I ask to change my billing date but can’t do that either. It’s like they want to be able to charge me for late payments.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

TWC and their follow up company (Spectrum) have been plagued with problems on providing reliable service. Even before TWC with Insight they had problems. It seemed every two years the company we were with would merge with another company, and prices would increase. Unfortunately, customer service and reliability did not. I currently only use their internet and have dropped all other services.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

The prices are too high and when you have problems they charge out of the rear. They are the only ones in the area so they feel you have to have it from them and they take advantage of the handicap and senior citizens.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Too expensive, even pkg deals; customer services seems to read off a script... They send you msgs via email when your system is down and then cancel your appt when you aren't able to reply... Text/email is childish especially when you report no internet... What part of customer service don't they get. You are at their mercy for home repairs and even office walk in service.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Cost too much after promotion. It doesn't seem like they offer a lot discounts for current customers as far as savings. Good channel options however a lot of crashing of internet. Good customer service experience.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Our personal experience is that this company offers poor service, has poor reception and is it extremely overpriced. This company has a poor selection of packages and makes it difficult to select an affordable and convenient plan.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Horrible. For what they charge you monthly people are rude. You’re on a do it yourself basis when equipment gets updated. Install yourself and try to get someone live to talk to. They should be reported to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My cable company is all we have as a reliable source of TV entertainment, but, we’re lock in because it's an apartment building. We have no other options to other providers. Satellite is not an option.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

As usual you have to take a channel you don't want three or two or three times and they charge you each time for each one of those on a different tiers as they call it at this time. I'm looking to see what else I can come up with to cut the cable bill. There has to be something out there to help us out. Could go on but watch the use. Just unhappy with cable.

Time Warner expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In 1989 when Time, Inc. and Warner Communications merged, the first seeds were planted for what would become one of the nation's largest cable television networks. Time Warner is headquartered in New York City.

• Pay in store: Consumers who prefer to pay with cash can visit Time Warner retail locations.

• Big on-demand catalog: More than 10,000 shows and movies are pre-loaded on the Time Warner on-demand service.

• Mobile viewing: Customers can view programming on their smartphone or tablet.

• Enjoy Internet access: With Time Warner, viewers get access to a network of more than 400,000 WiFi hotspot locations.

• Bundled services: Time Warner also offers discounted Internet and phone service bundles.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, households on a budget and businesses who provide entertainment to customers or staff members.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs