Time Warner

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been receiving incorrect bills from Time Warner Cable for over 6 months. I initially changed my package to having less TV's with cable and the monthly cost went up. Every month I would call, speak with a supervisor, and be promised they would correct the error and get a credit. I spent countless hours on the phone with supervisors, each time they told me a different reason why the cost went up, that it was their error, they would apologize and promise to correct. The next bill would have the same higher cost. I even spoke with some in customer retention, who promised to get the error fixed and of course it never was corrected.

Then I moved, I canceled the old house and set up service for the new house for the same day. I confirmed and reconfirmed. They did install the new service as scheduled but I found out yesterday NEVER canceled the old service. Yes, I am receiving bills for BOTH houses and yes the incorrect price. I am so frustrated, no matter whom I speak with and how many hours I waste trying to resolve, nothing ever gets corrected. Now it's worse, I tried to speak with a supervisor yesterday, after 20 minutes on hold, I hung up. I do not have the time or energy to keep dealing with this.

I was a cable client for over 7 yrs. Returned all my equipment and received a receipt with all the equipment returned and now I moved away and 3 months later I'm still having to deal with the supposably equipment that I have which I returned 3 months ago. And now I have to fax them a copy of the receipt even though I gave them all the info. off of the receipt and paid any fees I had and still dealing with these idiots!! Smh.

If I could give both Time Warner and Spectrum zero stars I would. I had Time Warner for over a year and with news of the merger I was excited because I thought that maybe the existing issues would somehow get resolved. I was very very wrong. The promotional pricing that I had with Time Warner cable ended on October 1, 2016 and I was set to move on October 22, 2016. I called Time Warner to let them know that I would be moving and that my promotional pricing ended and I wanted to see what other offers Time Warner had that I could possible take advantage of. The agent that I spoke with let me know that I could get the same channels and same internet speed for the same price with Spectrum. I let the agent know that I also wanted to add DVR service which then the agent told me that I would be able to essentially get the DVR service for free with promotional pricing. I was all for that.

On the day that I moved in to my new apartment, October 22, 2016 the technician came out to install the Spectrum equipment which he stated that it was still essentially all the same Time Warner equipment we were using before except for the new DVR I received. Everything was working fine for the first 2 weeks when I realized that I had missing channels that I was supposed to have, I called Spectrum to let them know the issue with the channels and the agent let me know that there was a coding issue and that he fixed it and I should have all the channels that I had before with Time Warner. Within the same conversation I was letting the agent know that it seemed I had an outdated DVR box because it did not seem to be compatible with the remote we were given, the settings feature among other features on the remote weren't working and the display on the TV looked like something from the early 2000s.

The agent stated that I was given an old DVR and that I could get a new one, he let me know that there would be a $9.99 shipping charge for the box to which I disputed because I should not have to pay to have a new box sent to me when I was given an old box in the first place. The issues were resolved and the conversation was ended. Two days later I received my new DVR, connected everything, used the easy connect phone number to activate the DVR and sent the old one back. Fast forward to 11/21/2016 when I received my bill in the mail and to my surprise the bill was $198.61. So I went on the TWC Spectrum app and it says my bill is $177.37, then I went to the TWC Spectrum website and my bill is $167.37. I checked all 3 of these resources because there were also three different amounts on last months bill so I went into the TWC Spectrum website and paid the amount listed there which is how I have paid every single month.

Again, in the past what I have done is went on to the TWC website, clicked pay bill and paid the amount it showed. I split my payments in half because my job pays for half of my bill so that is why there are two payments made on the same day. I always look to see what amount is due and then just use a calculator to split it in half, not that difficult. Adding to this frustration is the fact that the DVR box that I have now constantly freezes and the picture is pixelated when I want to pause and play shows that are on TV and please keep in mind that I have the fastest internet available so I am not sure if it is an internet issue or a box issue.

Also the DVR box isn't saving any of the shows that I want to record. I will schedule a show to record and 24 hours later the recording is not in the list of recordings. I tried going into settings to see if there was maybe a setting that I could change so it would not delete my recordings and could not find anything that could be changed so that my recordings were not being deleted. Knowing all of these issues and the fact that there were once again three different amounts listed I called Spectrum on 11/23/2016. I spoke with the customer service agent and briefly described what I was calling about and she then transferred me to another agent in a different department. I was then speaking to a gentleman and explained my situation and frustration to him. He said he understood and would try to help get it resolved as quickly as possible.

We went through the different amounts listed on my bill and every time I had a question or tried to interject about an amount he would try to talk circles around me and was not explaining it in the simplest terms possible. I asked him if he could explain the charges better and he once again tried talking circles around me. I told him that I did not care about the different state and federal taxes that I was and am charged as I know that those amounts can vary and that is not what I was concerned about. I wanted to know what each charge was for TV, Internet and Phone, he explained that everything was $29.99 to start and then when you add on upgrades it comes to a different amount. Fine, I understand that so tell me why I have partial monthly charges on the last two bills and also on the last two bills I have remaining balance charges? Oh and also why am I being $9.99 for the new DVR that I was supposed to get for free?

Well the $9.99 he stated he would be able to credit back for a one-time service and gave me this used cars salesman pitch like he was actually giving me a deal. When asked again about the partial monthly charges and remaining balance charges that is when things started to go very south. This gentleman tried to tell me that somewhere along the lines I missed a payment and now my bill was over $300.00. WHAT?!? I have paid every single month on time for over a year now and have my bank account statements to prove it so how have a missed a payment? I asked him if I could see that last 6 months of statements to see where he was getting that information and he told me I could view it online which I told him was not correct because I was online and I could only view the last two statements. He told me that I could go into a local Time Warner location to have my statements printed out. Wow.

I continued my frustration that I shouldn't have to go into a location to get my statements. I mean it is 2016 but we moved on from that subject. The agent stated that since I moved in the middle of a billing cycle and received Spectrum equipment my billing cycle changed and my payment date changed and that I essentially started with a brand new company. I thought that Time Warner and Spectrum were basically the same company and no customers were going to be inconvenienced or negatively impacted with or because of the merger. Boy was I wrong.

If I would have known that everything was going to change I would not have even changed or added anything until after I moved and after the billing cycle ended. But when I called about any new promotional pricing do you think the agent told me that all of this would become a headache down the line?!?! No of course not because he was getting a sale out of it so he was all excited to get me into whatever service he could so that he could make his bonus. During the conversation on 11/23/2016 I explained that I have never missed a payment and that something was not right, so we again went over the bill line by line and the guy was still once again trying to talk circles around me.

I kept getting frustrated because none of it was making any sense to me and he kept saying that he was giving me a $9.99 credit for next months bill but that is not good enough and I kept telling him that and when he asked what would be good enough I kept saying that none of it was making sense and that I am paying for services that are barely even working and that is not fair. He became very condescending in his tone and kept saying that he was explaining everything and that I missed a payment and that my bill was $177.37 but with other fees and add-ons the amount due is $198.61 and he stated he couldn't grasp what I was not understanding.

So after becoming very frustrated with the way he was talking to me I moved on to the next subject of my DVR box messing up freezing and pixelating the picture. He 'pinged' the box, tried to reset it remotely, then I reset it and basically he could not fix anything and stated that he could have a technician come out and check to see if everything was hooked up and installed correctly. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? He did not help with anything about the billing and now you can't even figure out why my box is still messing up. I opted to not have a technician come out because it was right before Thanksgiving and it was already becoming a bigger headache than it needed to be.

I cannot even begin to voice how disgusted I am with the service but also the products. If I have the best of the best then tell me why it is not working and tell me why Time Warner and Spectrum will not do everything they can to keep me as a customer? I thought about calling them again to see if there was someone else I could speak to which I still might do that but as of right now I will be researching what other providers are in my area because I am sure that I will be a valued customer elsewhere.

We pay for their most expensive internet package, which can barely stream a YouTube video to more than 1 device. Forget online gaming, you will lag beyond belief (I average around 150 ping on Ethernet connection). The customer service is not any better. You are directed to people who don't understand the English language and are all obviously outsourced non-native English speakers reading from the FAQ on the website. If they are not able to help you, they redirect you to another person who does the exact same thing. I would rather hotspot my own phone than switch back to TWC, EVER.

2 days ago I switched from Verizon DSL for my internet, and landline phone. SPECTRUM has bought Time Warner and offered a triple play package that included tv cable, and cable internet and cable landline. The price was better than when TWC was running the cable company. I had heard that Spectrum was better and the cost savings was significant. However, when you factor in reliability and prompt service this was not a bargain, but a nightmare. It took only 1 day for the entire system to go down. Spectrum Tech support did not know what was wrong, except they could see that no signal was coming into my apartment. However, they saw no outages on my area. This inability to troubleshoot from their tech center is a real negative. With Verizon DSL, and phone, I never had a problem in the 7 years I had their service. Even if there was a problem, they, Verizon, can most likely analyze and fix it from their tech center.

I am an engineer and I know how the digital phone and Internet systems work. So this was a shock when I was told by tech support that it would take 26 hours to get a field tech at my apartment. I was told that I could call the next morning and ask for an earlier appointment based on cancellations. I did this and was told that I would get an appointment before noon, and the tech would call me when he was on his/her way to my apartment. I called an hour later to confirm, but there was no record of that service promise. While I was on the phone with customer service, I got another call from some other customer service agent asking if I was satisfied with the installation that was done 2 days before. I registered my complaint about what was going on i. e. not Internet, no tv, no phone, and that 26 hours was too long to fix it. I will not go into my full 30 minutes frustrating conversation, but it ended with a promise to show up in 2 hours. This did not happen.

Again I called and was told I had to wait 7 more hours as they were having an internal issue with their field technicians. I told the agent that was Spectrum's problem not mine. After much wrangling I got a new appointment for a hour later and the tech showed up this time {they actually sent a supervisor}. It took 35 minutes to fix. It is disappointing that I had to take a full day off from work, and had to hassle with them every inch of the way. The agents were making up stories as they went along, each one different for why they failed. If I knew this I would never have switched. I will give it 25 more days {warranty for money back), but I am not hopeful. Spectrum is just Time Warner with a different marquee.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Time Warner?

I wish each state should price their products by the technology they have or by the population's income. I've been stationed here in El Paso, TX for almost 3 yrs. I can now understand the importance of paying money for a good product. TWC or now (spectrum) is overpricing their products. The wifi sucks big time and everything is expensive. Coming from NJ and being a customer of Verizon which technology is 100 percent better. Verizon uses fiber optics and the speed is amazing. We used to have all the channels and paid less than what we are paying now.

I believe here in El Paso, where the cost of living is cheap because the pay is also cheap, should have companies like TWC (Spectrum) watch their prices. Especially when they are selling a product that is not worth paying. Someone should do something and stop this craziness of big corporations trying to take advantage of little people. I've never heard of the following fees. "TWC regulatory recovery fee, TWC PUC recovery fee, municipal Right Of Way fee, State universal service fund, TWC state cost recovery fee." All sounds like bs.

I have set up appointments with them. Several times. The first time was a few months ago. They never showed up, my husband sat around all day that saturday. So when I recieved a letter stating that spectrum was taking over, I told them the experience I have had before. I set my appointment for Saturday. But since it's the holiday my husband was home today. They came at 10 am. So I hurry to come home. I also call them to tell them today is not my appointment. So we reschedule for today 1 pm. Since I came home early from work. Here it is 3 pm. They never showed up. I call them back to hear them say they don't have me down for a 1 pm appointment!!! That man never put it in. I'm like, "Are you freaking serious?".

I moved into the Columbus area 4 years ago from the Cleveland area and subscribed to TWC for cable and internet. I pay roughly $130/mo for the service including modem, two DVRs and two remotes. I chose to pay my bill online rather than get a bill in the mail but TWC despite having my email didn't seem to email me about my account balance due and therefore I regularly (every payday) would check all my accounts for balances due.

TWC recently turn my services off without notice, no email no phone call - nothing, on my account which I have been more than patient with the horrible service and high fees and paying on time. To make things even worse after I called them about the cutoff and paid over the phone, 4 days later I get an email about my over due balance which I had already paid. Ok, now I get the email. Nice. So now I am on a mission to replace their services and stream all of the video content that we want and pay much less than what I am now. Thanks for the wake up call TWC.

My experience with TWC could not have been worse. Periodically they would hike up prices on my monthly bill and when I inquired about it they would act like they didn't know why the prices went up and would proceed to "lower them back to the normal rate"... Yeah, thanks. The real trouble began when I closed my account at the end of August. I paid my final bill and owed no more money. However the following month I got an identical last month bill. I called them to ask why I got billed again and they said that it was a mistake on their part and I did not owe any money. But yet again the next month I got an identical "last" month bill. I called them to ask why I got billed again and they said that it was a mistake on their part and I did not owe any money.

Again and again Time Warner "confirmed" that my account was closed and I had a balance of $0. They said that I could not get this confirmed in writing but that I would have to stop by the local office (which is now 4 hours away since I moved). TWC then sent me to collections over this fake bill that had supposedly been taken care of. Contacting TWC they again "resolved" this and put an official close on my account mid-November (remember I thought it had been closed since August). Collections is now threatening my credit because of a fake bill that TWC made up. I feel like this is borderline illegal and just a way to gauge customers out of some extra money.

I currently have the triple play which includes the ultimate 300 internet upgrade. The highest speeds obtained were 54.28 mps download and 23.17 mps upload. Today I was on an online chat and then on a telephone call with Time Warner for almost 45 minutes in an attempt to reduce our bill. I wanted to back down the internet portion since we are not getting the speeds as stated in our plan. I was told since this is an older plan (really? we are not on time warner one year yet) they cannot back down our plan. So unless we cancel Time Warner services, we are stuck paying for the ultimate 300 internet plan even though Time Warner does not provide that service.

Worst internet experience ever since I got a subscription for Xbox LIVE. The modem and router were both replaced several times, there's nothing that can block the WiFi signal and yet I'm still being randomly kicked off!!! Oh that's not even the worst of it, they didn't let me activate the extra high-speed modem I bought when I wanted to try and use a wired connection for my Xbox One gaming console. That much I can understand I guess, not being able to have multiple modems under one name. So I went to Best Buy and got a top-tier router and so far nothing has changed. At first I gave it the benefit of the doubt, but now there is none left.

All my friends say if anything, it's TWC's fault that I get kicked off all the time. I understand that you can't ever go your whole life without this happening at least once. But must it happen on a REGULAR BASIS?! And to top it all off, I can't switch. They have a choke hold monopoly over my area. Aside from that, my dad complained about how frustrating it was to obtain converter boxes for all-digital TV. TL;DR: TWC internet sucks. It doesn't matter what you do to try to stop random interruptions. If you want good internet my friend would recommend Comcast.

Just recently I have been having problems with finding work so I fell behind on my bills. My cable was shut off from the result which was expected. After finally getting the money together to pay off my bill I went to get service back. I paid them $306.52 to get my services back after having to pay them almost $700 to get service to begin with. After paying the $306.52 they had to start a new account for me and I had a date to be installed. TWC calls me the day of my appointment to tell me they are not going to give me service because my wife owes them $350 from 2014. I end up having to call the risk management dept to try and resolve the issue and the supervisor there gets an attitude with me and tells me that even if I somehow came up with the money after busting my butt to get the $306.52 that he would make sure that I cannot get service through them.

I am very disgusted at the fact that they are supposed to be a customer friendly service and told me after dealing with multiple people and different amounts of money to get my services back that they would lie and take my money that I had to damn near kill myself to get regardless of the fact I owed them and still not let me get my service back on due to my wife supposedly having service in her name which is false. If my wife had owed them that amount why did they even let me get service in the first place and why did I have to pay almost $700 to begin with if my service was shut off after only owing them $306.52.

I can't stand this company! I'm an internet service customer only (no TV), but the quality is terrible. Once it get later than 6 P.M., that's it, disconnects, reconnects, slowness. Customer support very stupid, they can't do anything but offer to reboot your modem 100 times in a row. Especially struggles upload direction speed. If you are looking for ISP, stay away of TWC (Spectrum), it will be your nightmare.

We have been TWC customers for about 30 years. We have phone, internet and cable. Before you could call in and they would change your package to get your bill lowered about $10-$15. In one month, my bill has increased $20 with no services added. Now, we only have 1 premium channel. No Showtime or Cinemax, no Encore, nothing extra. Now we're paying $180 a month and have been told that unless they remove the 1 premium channel we have, we're stuck with it. Several times a week I have to reboot the box to get it to work and this takes about 15 minutes each time. Yesterday, for several hours, I didn't even have internet. The "PLEASE WAIT" caption is always coming across the TV so often that it freezes and we have to turn it all off, wait a bit, then turn it back on. I don't think this is $180 a month service! Who can afford this? Centurylink has been in the neighborhood working lately so I might just check into that or Dish Network!

I moved into our house and originally ordered Frontier for our internet and cable. I was having too many issues with them so decided to just sign up with Time Warner. I ordered the internet, cable and phone (I didn't want the phone but was told it was more without it). I went to the store to pick up the equipment and specifically asked if once I hook everything up would have the service. I was told yes for sure and if there are any issues call them and they would walk me through how to get it working. Of course after hooking everything up no service! When I called customer service I was told because I got the phone the service would be on the next day but not to worry because it was only one more day and I wouldn't be charged anything until I actually had the service. So the next day I get an email from my bank that I was $156. I only authorized $9.99 for the WIFI fee.

When I called to find out why I was charged... And still no service... I was then told there was a ticket for the following day to turn the service on. I asked why was I charged if there was no service and also why I was not charged the $9.99 that I authorized. Of course I just got a "I don't know." The supervisor kept saying the same thing, he didn't know why I was charged either. They said they would put in a ticket for the refund but it would take 7 days to process!! When I asked how it could take so long for a refund when they took the money without any services being provided I was told by the supervisor I needed to contact my bank. I had them cancel the ticket for the service to be turned on and am glad this happened before I actually got the service. Never again will I make the mistake of giving my card info before the service is actually working!!

I'm an exceptional Time Warner Cable customer for over 20 years. I call to request TWC to mail me 5 new remotes. They informed me that it is their policy that they could do a maximum of 2 remote at a time. I explained that I have 2 jobs and I live with my parents whom are handicap. It would be an inconvenience for me to make 3 trips to post office. They were very insensitive and affirmed they could not help me. I am surprised that even though I pay rental for my cable boxes and remotes, I don't have any rights with my money.

Recently my experience with Time Warner has escalated into dangerous ground. When I realized that I had porn on my cable, I asked to have it removed. They did do as I requested. However, the people who have been hacking into my cable were not happy. As a result of all of my complaints against Time Warner and where I live, my heat was turned off for 9 days (the landlord provides the heat).

These people have been hacking all of this time to watch porn. I brought this up to Time Warner nearly one year ago. They brushed it off. When I requested that Time Warner remove this stuff nearly one year ago, they stated that it was part of my package. As a result, the hacking has never been solved as everyone is afraid of this group of people. I have complained to the FCC. As of this date Time Warner stated nothing was wrong. However, they are doing another look at the problem. I don't expect any good result from them. I even have pictures of what these people are doing (always at night). No one really cares.

This event happened about 2 weeks ago that left a very distrusted feeling about Spectrum/Time Warner Cable. I recently inquired about TWC internet service via telephone call. I asked the sales rep about their options regard to internet service. He asked if I ever had TWC service at my residence, My answer is "Never, I am just inquiring right now." He stated TWC would need to send out a technician and do a survey if my address is serviceable for the internet. He asked me for my driver's license number. I asked why does need to have the info. He stated TWC required that info to send out a technician to do the survey. I reminded him that "I am not ordering service right now. I am still shopping around".

About few days later I received a bill for about $100.00 from TWC. That got me fuming and very agitated. I spoke with TWC's customer service department and explained to them of my intention. They asked if I didn't want the service, why did I asked for the technician to do the survey? Apparently, the employees at TWC are not well trained or just plain stupid. I said, "I do not want to have anything to do with you guys, just based on your tactics. Just cancel my order!" I was irritated enough to sue them in small claims court. Which I have and successfully won. About a few days later, I received an email stated my order has been canceled. AT&T has use this same exact tactic before. I took them to court and won the case.

Needs to be serviceable. But can't be according to the serviceable department. They said it would cost them more than what they would get in return... There is probably 15 neighbors that would love to connect and probably more than that up and down the road. Please help. We need service nobody other than crap sat company can provide in this area!!!

They may have done a name change, but the customer service and wait time is still ridiculous. Incompetent staff, incompetent people, incompetent services. This company should be out of business. Everyone in the waiting area was complaining about the ridiculous conversations and the wait time more than an hour for 10 numbers to be called.

Has the worst customer service alive today. They are incompetent and negligent. The supervisors and managers are the worst. They don't listen to you. Come on the phone with an attitude. If your rep tells the customer wrong information and also write in the notes and you tell the customer deal with it. This is a true problem. As soon as I possibly can I will changing my services and they will not get another dime of my money. DIRECTV HERE I COME.

I was a Time Warner customer for 1 year and relocated to a different area which had no Time Warner service. I disconnected the Time Warner service, paid all my bills and returned my modem in one of their offices and cleared everything. 1 year after my relocation, Time Warner is coming back asking me to pay $450 for lost modem! When I spoke to their customer service team, all I got was a rude reply saying that I had to pay the money since they could not track my the returned modem! They are asking me to present a return receipt for the instrument that I returned 1 year back! These people are thieves. I guess this is how they make money from customers lying that customers do not return instruments. NEVER EVER do business with these unethical folks, they will give you a nightmare!

I originally changed to Time Warner Cable internet at the $39.99 price. I contacted customer service when the price went up to $49.99 and was told that I would be locked in at the $49.99 price as long as I have their internet. However, my bill went up to $59.99. When I contacted customer service I was told that they couldn't do anything and that's just the way it is. I asked why I was told it wouldn't go up. He just tried to give me excuses as to why the internet went up. Then he kept saying "don't leave TWC". I asked, "Why should I stay when I was lied to?" and he couldn't answer that question.

He also tried to sell me a bundle so it would be cheaper. I told him I had been a cable customer for 11 years and my bill kept going up and they couldn't do anything to keep a good customer but a new customer could get a better deal than a loyal customer. I told him I'm very happy with DirecTv and I will not have their cable anymore. He still tried to get me to do a bundle. Anytime I mentioned lowering my bill he just kept trying to sell me something I didn't want, and in the same breath telling me not to go. TWC are liars and all they care about is selling a disgruntled customer what they don't even want.

This has been the worst experience since I've moved to North Carolina. This company is a disgrace. I have dealt with trying to have service hooked up for three weeks now and it's not acceptable that no one knows how to hook it up or give me the same price stated online. Everyone is a crook, full of lies, and this is an untrusting company I wish here in NC I didn't have to have. Unfortunately it's all there is so I'm stuck with it. Verizon Fios I miss dearly and Time Warner I would never ever ever recommend to anyone!!!

First of all there is nothing that Time Warner cable gets right. Nothing!!! I have been a customer for over 25 years and they have finally managed to run me out the door to their competitor. I just called Time Warner to add internet service to another house I own and I was treated like I did not exist. I have a payment track record with TCW for over 25 years and they wanted me to fill out a new application and submit to a credit check. All through their worthless sales team in Manila Philippines. They love to send American jobs overseas only to have their incompetent call centers in the Philippines frustrate customers and screw everything up. I informed them that with a proven stellar payment history there is no reason for me to have to go through a credit check. TWC says this is their policy and TWC will not budge.

I have never seen such a bunch of idiots in my entire life. This would have been win-win for TWC. I am a good paying customer and they get another $50 per month from me. No deal says TWC. You will be treated like a brand new customer and go through ridiculous steps to add Internet service to your other home. Bye Bye TWC. Now you get no money from me!!! Worst company ever!!! My policy is to give my money to another company when I get treated like garbage!!!

There needs to be a "negative star" option to choose! I had been a "loyal" customer for TWC for over 20 years. I have seen my bill now almost reach the point of a car payment, but with no "warranty" to back their product or service! On Sunday evening, 10/30, a car sheared off the power pole across the street from my house. I waited till Monday am to call TWC to come out and reattach the line to the replaced pole. I was told by the customer service person that the call had been entered.

NOTE: their "policy" on downed lines is to either get out to the call that day or first thing the next day. I got home Monday evening to find my cable line still laying on the ground. I called TWC back, and then was told that it would be Wed afternoon! I told them that this was unacceptable, and asked if the repair person was driving from Florida to Cincinnati for the repair call??? I requested a call from management, which I have yet to receive. Then I get home that Wed to find that it STILL was not reattached! So I call TWC AGAIN, to only be told that now it will be Thursday afternoon before someone gets there! Then I was told that this should of been taken care of (really? No Kidding?) and that they tried to get someone out, but "dispatch" apparently runs the company and said it could not be done!!

Repeated requests to have someone, anyone, from management to call me has gone unfulfilled, as they sit behind their desks with their heads in the sand hoping I go away! Guess what? I will!! They have failed at every level of their fiasco of a company. They do not care unless you are late on payment or if they increase your bill as their service grows even worse, and keep raising their prices because everyone is cutting the cord, including me!! Thank you TWC for showing and proving to me why I do not need you anymore!!! CUT THE CORD!!!

Time Warner Cable Company has been the worst experience of our lives. We have to call them at least 2 to 3 times a week for something dealing with tv... internet... or phone for almost 3 years now. And if you call them out there's another charge. It is something almost daily. I feel sorry for their employees.

In my six months with Time Warner, I have endured the worst television and Internet services I have ever experienced. I need telephone, Internet and television, and TW is the monopoly company (read: they don't have to be good) in my area that will provide all three, so I am at their mercy - until I finally give up and get separate carriers. The Internet service is extremely poor with many sites unable to load at all at different times during the day. The tv service is much worse. They seem unable to provide cable boxes that are reliable. My current box is in a death spiral of rebooting. I cannot watch a one-hour program without the tv shutting down while the box reboots (a 20-minute process).

This will be the third box in six months. Ridiculous. In 15 years with Dish, my box never once failed, so reliable boxes are available, but apparently not through TW. The best part was having their very large, very obnoxious supervisor lecture me on my unrealistic expectations and basically telling me to stop calling them because my systems work perfectly - in other words, they work as well as they are ever going to work, however unsatisfactory that may be. So apparently my expectation of reliable service all the time is an unattainable dream. I believe the problem is their equipment installed 30 or 40 years ago and long-since obsolete that they are unwilling to update, presumably because of the cost to them.

Reading the many negative reviews, it is clear that no amount of complaints will induce TW to bring their services and equipment into the 21st century or to provide services they could be proud of and their customers would love. Needless to say, if I had a choice I would not choose TW/Spectrum. Perhaps it is better to pay more to different carriers and get reliable services than to engage TW for all three and get abysmal services.

The company offers multiple online packages for new customers, because they "value their eligibility" is what I was told. You old faithful loyal customers, they don't give a crap about. Raised my rates again and basically said I had no recourse. Oh wait, not true. They said I could discontinue my service for 30 days and then reapply as a new customer. Amazingly shortsighted business model. Competition NEEDED!!!

I had signed up for Time Warner in April 2016 and had problems from the start but ironed them out and paid my bill every month on time. On Oct. 24 I came home to find my internet cut off and when I tried to get to the bottom of it I was told they cut me off because I owed them from 8 years ago! Why didn't they mention this when I set up new service this year? Why did this not show up on any collection reports? I think it's past the statute of limitations and they made no honest nor persistent effort to collect after all those years! And had I known I honestly would have settled with them, but they never even gave me the chance.

They just cut me off and I became so angry at that point I decided I could not, nor did I trust, nor do I trust (especially now) them to deal with them at all without some kind of mediating partner such as a lawyer. I plan to dispute the final (bogus) charges with a registered letter and cc: to the State Attorney general. This was Time Warner (in Maine). I'm glad there was an alternative (though not much better honestly). My advice is to expect to have problems everywhere now because American corporations are dysfunctional if not downright malicious. Time Warner is just one of the worst afflicted companies and with the merger I'd stay away until or if they get their act together.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

In 1989 when Time, Inc. and Warner Communications merged, the first seeds were planted for what would become one of the nation's largest cable television networks. Time Warner is headquartered in New York City.

• Pay in store: Consumers who prefer to pay with cash can visit Time Warner retail locations.
  • Big on-demand catalog: More than 10,000 shows and movies are pre-loaded on the Time Warner on-demand service.
  • Mobile viewing: Customers can view programming on their smartphone or tablet.
  • Enjoy Internet access: With Time Warner, viewers get access to a network of more than 400,000 WiFi hotspot locations.
  • Bundled services: Time Warner also offers discounted Internet and phone service bundles.
  • Best for Television fans who watch a range of programs, households on a budget and businesses who provide entertainment to customers or staff members.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers