1.74/5
Based on 253 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Time Warner

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 30, 2018

2451 Time Warner Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

After dealing with Time Warner/Spectrum for a year, and not getting the issue resolved. I'm finally deciding to look elsewhere for service that is reliable. They're unreliable with their connections and overcharge for bad services. When you call for help they give you the runaround then send technicians out to repeat the same supposed repairs. With no real change. In other words you get the runaround! Bad product, bad service, overcharged, and price hikes. Just plain sucks!!!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Ever since Spectrum replaced Time Warner the service has greatly diminished. I came off the 3 in 1 package and removed cable after a 70 dollar increase. 6 days later my internet and phone went out. Was told would be fixed in 1-3 hours. I had left to catch my plane for 3 weeks out of town. While gone tried to have phone forward calls but it was never turned back on. When I got home made contact. After 2 1/2 hours on the phone they stated the internet must of been my router for the internet but not sure why phone was not working.

Another 30 minutes later and phone back on and was told I would get a revised bill due to the issue for the 3 weeks. Instead I get late notices and charge for not paying the bill and when I call. I am told that the only thing they could do to compensate was a $10 one time credit. That does not even cover my time calling them to fix the issue let alone time affected by the loss of the phone for the length of time in question. I can not wait till I can get away from this company!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

This company sucks and does not care for its customers. I have had more trouble with this than its worth. Wish we had other options for internet on my area. If you have a choice in internet providers don't use Spectrum! It is out as much as it's on.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I tried calling Spectrum/Time Warner to change services. It took 6 attempts before I reached someone who could help. It was so bad that I started calling the service reps by the order I in which I contacted them. Number 5 was the absolute worst - he was rude and argumentative. Anyway, back to the saga. I called the phone number that was listed on the website for my account. When I called them, Number 1 said they were in a different area than them and I needed to call another number. I called the 2nd number and Number 2 said they were in a different area and that they would transfer me to the correct area.

Number 3 said they were in the wrong area and gave me another phone number. Number 4 said they were in the wrong area and told me to call the original number. I called the original number and Number 5 said I called the wrong number and wouldn't even attempt to provide any assistance much less the right number. Yeah, I really got upset at Number 5! I looked on my bill and saw a number that no one had given me. I called the number and got Number 6. Number 6 was able to help and I'll see if the services are actually set up as ordered!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Terrible service, internet is always slow and spotty, customer service is a joke. What’s even worse is there is no open market competition where I live so it’s TW or nothing and they know it, meaning they maintain the lowest bar of service imaginable. Would love nothing more than a better, alternative so I could show my dissatisfaction with TW by never paying them a red cent again for their horrible service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Time Warner?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

A little backstory. I attempted to post this review privately after speaking with someone from Time Warner Cable via a chat but it would not allow me to do so. I am hoping that someone will have the opportunity from the company to speak with me regarding the issues I had with these women but I really wanted this out there so here it is.

Also I contacted them regarding a due date on my bill which was incorrect. I asked that I be provided additional days without penalty to pay since I was informed of the wrong due date. Both women told me this was impossible and I should have known better. (However I will have it noted that PRINCESS did exactly what I asked after she started listening.)

I spoke with SONYA and PRINCESS. I was VERY disappointed with both of these women. SONYA was unable to find a solution for my problem and did not seem to be on my side when it came to looking for one. She did not appear to be listening to what I had to say and was not helpful. BUT she wasn't the reason for the rating PRINCESS. PRINCESS was god awful. One of the worst "supervisors" I have ever had this misfortune to speak with. She didn't apologize for anything until it was pointed out. She threatened to FIRE SOMEONE and argued with me over the merits of doing so, despite me saying I DID NOT WANT THAT. She did not listen to me AT ALL until the very end. I do NOT trust this woman AT ALL and I would NEVER recommend ANYONE EVER speak with her.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

We signed up a new order online, was told to follow up with a phone call, to set up an appointment, technician on the phone claimed could not find the order even with a confirmation a number, then was forced to set up a new order... Technician came out stated needed third party company to connect a line from box on the street to the house, waited for a few days, nothing happened, called but claimed he couldn't locate our order, was told to set up a new order, we hung up, Spectrum called and wanted to know if we were satisfied with their service because the order was cancelled, we denied the cancellation, transferred to a different department to get back our order, on the phone for over 40 minutes, still couldn't get her to understand we need a line from the box on the street to the house before the technician could hook up inside the house... Will wait and see next week, I'm sure we are back to the beginning of a new order.

This is so absurd! Can't they hire someone with brains? Why can't carry through a simple task? Looks like everyone is trying to cancel the previous order so he could set up a new order under his name, the company should investigate not to allow this to happen to any customer, the award system should make a change! This doesn't make you look professional, ethical, it was just a mess! I hope someone from the management lever can look through the situation and do corrections accordingly! I don't mind if they want to call me and explore the situation.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I do not like Time Warner Cable services. Moreso, their ridiculous prices. So why the 4 stars. I was very happy with the phone contact I had with a guy named Terry, who handles Murrels Inlet SC. I live in NY. So my dad and I were having phone issues due to where I live. So he was suppose to call me right back. Never happened. I tried all day. Decided to call cable and Terry did a great job. He rebooted my dad's modem right from his work area. Called him to make sure it was all fixed and left a message on the answering machine. My dad won't answer the phone unless knowing you. So talking to Terry and how he helped me quickly was a 5 star service! Thank you Terry! Very appreciated.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

For years this company has been stealing from us. Charging us for services not provided. We pay around $250 per month and 50% of the time we don’t have internet and the premium and on demand channels can’t be watch due to pixelation. They send a technician every 3 months when we call and they all tell us the same thing that the problem is with the signal getting to the box on the street and that they have to open a ticket for a maintenance crew to check that but there is no way to follow up with anybody about that and nothing ever gets done. Also some channels that we pay for separately hardly ever work and when we call they say they are working on fixing it but they never do anything.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

This has been a miserable experience!!! I am so frustrated with Time Warner/Spectrum, I could scream! We signed up for a combined phone and internet service and come to find out that we have a National and a Regional account. We just had our service turned off because we had not paid, however we have a credit on the National account. We have spent endless hours on the phone, never talking to the same person and have to go over the entire story again with no resolution. If you have the opportunity to use another provider, save yourself the time and misery and use someone other than Time Warner/Spectrum.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I have been a Time Warner cable customer for over 20 years (not by choice, but they were the only providers in Brooklyn - no longer the case with Verizon Fios now available). Their internet speeds suck. I've been getting about 5 mbps and frequent outages. Finally I'm able to switch to Verizon Fios and when I do, they switch off my email address (which was through their Road Runner service) instantly. I call back to get it turned back on temporarily, anyway, and they tell me the only way is to do a full re-installation of Time Warner hardware and become a Time Warner customer. There's no way in hell I believe this, after all, all we're talking about is software. But that's their story and they're sticking to it. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I called to have my cable discontinued but wanted to keep my internet, they turned my service off 4 days early. A simple mistake. I called back to have the services turned on for the remaining days. After being transferred to sales, I was on the phone for over an hour being treated like a liar by the sales staff. After finally getting my services turned back on, they did something wrong and it turned off my internet. I was on the phone with technical support of another 1.5 hours. I really think the sales team did this on purpose. It was a DISGUSTING experience. RUDE, incompetent, inexperienced, hateful, disrespectful, and condescending are just a few of the words to describe this experience. I truly feel like the two men I spoke with in sales should not have a job.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I continued to be billed for TV service I canceled. I had 2 live chats and then a 55 minute phone call to sort things out. In the end, I did not receive a credit from when I canceled, like the rep originally told me. I received a credit from when I turned in the equipment, about 6 days later. I have always received horrible customer service from TWC and because they are the only high speed internet carrier in my area, I have them for internet still. I was hoping things would improve since Spectrum/Charter purchased the company, but it has only gotten worse. I will be switching internet companies as soon as there are competitors in the area.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I have wasted countless hours trying to fix my billing error. 3 times on the phone so far trying to explain the situation, but this morning, my account is still messed up. I'm not getting the prorated refund I should get. I had the $29.99 combo deal for 1st year of my service. The bill was roughly $120. When the deal ended, it jumped to $150, so I decided to downgrade. On 12/4/17, I decided to downgrade to just basic cable and internet. Since I already paid through 12/18, I asked them to make the switch on the 18th. Bad idea.

The next day, on 12/5, it was already switched. I called TW right away. They said that they cannot turn it back on. My only choice was to upgrade again, then call to downgrade on the 18th. I did not want to complicate things even more, so I decided not to do that - and I was told that I will see the prorated refund for the 2 weeks I overpaid. I paid $150, so 1/2 of that would be around $75?

On 12/16, I received a bill. It was $116. I was expecting my new rate ($95) minus the prorated 2 weeks refund, which should be just a few dollars. On the bill, it still had the phone I cancelled. No refund on the 2 weeks because they accidentally downgraded 2 weeks early. I called again immediately to correct this situation. I had to explain multiple times why I am calling and they had trouble understanding why I deserve a refund. How can they think that they can charge customers for something the customer is not getting?! I am baffled. Today, 12/25, I checked my account online. It is still messed up. They deducted the $29.99 for phone, but no refund for 2 weeks I overpaid.

I've had TW for over 20 years. So many frustrating moments. They just don't seem to have their act together and people who work there just don't get it. When they changed to Spectrum, I was hopeful that things might improve. I was wrong. I am not looking forward to spending another hour explaining this situation on a call tomorrow. I HATE Time Warner.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I have received multiple calls from Spectrum TWC where they attempt to save my cancelled service orders. They decide to do this by insulting my reasons for not continuing with the order, making jests at choosing my other service provider over them and hanging up abruptly on me. Here are some good ones: "What, is this like the fifth time you cancelled a service with us? *Click* <-- Not True. "Are you editing Pixar movies or something in your basement? 100MB download is all you need." Spectrum TWC, you always surprise me on how far down you can set the bar. What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I am a long-term customer with Time Warner now Spectrum and I can honestly say if I had a choice of where to put my WiFi other than Spectrum I would! But I have no choice so I am stuck with crappy WiFi and even worse customer service! I am spending 70 bucks a month for WiFi that is good once a month if that! It is slower than the speed I am paying for! In October I had to call tech support for my WiFi 8 times! All my devices rely on Wifi and to have it not be the speed I am paying for is just wrong! My WiFi started out at 50 dollars and now it is 70 and for what? And Spectrum has their customers over a barrel because they are the only cable company where I live and I am frustrated and tired of having to deal with my WiFi problem!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I am FURIOUS! Time Warner/Spectrum went up on my bill $23 a month - WITH NO NOTICE - up to $62 a month now. They advertise $29 a month but it's NOT! I NEVER get the 100MB they "guarantee' and the techs have been out here three times! I'm fed up with Time Warner/Spectrum. Their customer service is lousy too. I am fed up with these damn survey popping up and interrupting what I am doing every 30 minutes! IF I had a choice I WOULD NEVER have Time Warner and I darn sure would NEVER RECOMMEND Time Warner/Spectrum!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Literally the worst thing you can possibly get. Here's a image of what the BEST plan you can get with TMC. Turns on and off, tries to trick you with having good wifi by just giving it BURSTS of good wifi, then going back to being absolute crap. I don't really have to say anything else but it's so bad I would love to have a 0 star option. This costs $60 a month.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Every single time Time Warner comes out here and my cables are cut now I know why... the Quan's. I bury them under the ground instead of outside of my fence along the fence and then rewrote it inside my yard. They have it going down the pathway that is constantly being dug up or mowed like the grass being mowed. The cables are exposed and then cut... Now I’m out there raking my yard because we’re going to put a decent garden in the back area and all I did was rake and two of the cords have been brought up from there. Not so greatly buried cable. I’ve had them out here at least six times several different people and the most of them are not even Time Warner employees or contractors. They don’t care about the job and they do crappy jobs every single time the roads here. It’s ridiculous.

Personally I am tired of having to call them. I am a travel nurse. I need my computer. I need my Internet and since I don’t have their stupid television programs I use a Roku to get whatever I want. I’m always frustrated with these people. They charge very good money. They produce very little results. I’m disgusted and I can’t stand them. This is constant. Last time my Internet went out they said it was my fault. I had somebody come in here. Guess what? The cables have been cut. Shocker there.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Hook up and service were good. This company owes a refund after I moved for 3 months, every call I am told the check was sent give it 2 weeks. Their customer service sound like a bunch of partying high school dropouts that put you on hold to make it seem as if they are doing something. Hard to believe a huge multinational needs to steal from customers and still harder to believe that these same companies are allowed to continue to consolidate. If I can I would avoid their business and do everything by mail to keep the hard copies.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Constant outages. Poor customer service. Wanted to charge to have a technician to come out. Service in house only one-year-old. Nothing wrong. Then they tell me on the phone there's an outage in the area. Again. Live in one G.R. Computer and TV always seem to think I live in another. Can't even get that right. Should have a zero star rating. If there was I would be all over it. I've just had it with this company. Try to keep you hostage with the Internet. I was going to change. And probably still will! I'll just pay the heavily padded Internet fee. Paying $$30 dollars a month for Phone service I never even used. 29, 29, 29. Hook and loop. Bait and switch. Scam artist profession at its best. Ask a charter. They know how. I'm just sick and tired of the poor service.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My cable goes out all the time and I'm constantly getting kicked off wifi. I have DVR and they sold it as being able to record 2 channels at once. Well you can, as long as you're watching 1 of the channels you're recording. How stupid is that. I don't need to record a show I'm watching. So you can really only record 1 channel. It's 2017 and you have to press 4 buttons to turn the tv on and off! I can deal with that but not with being talked to like I was when I called customer service. I signed up for a 2 year contract. At the end of the first year my bill went up. I called and they said the discounts for the 2nd year are not as much as the first year. They didn't tell me that. I guess there's fine print that I didn't know about.

The only way to reduce my bill was to lose some of the features. I decided to call back and talk to a supervisor. He had the worst attitude, spoke to me like a jerk and instead of trying to help he decided to give me an education on how businesses work! He sounded like he was fresh out of school and had an I'm a big shot attitude? I've ran my own business for 30 years, I know about customer service and he failed big time! First rule in business is the customer is always right, even if they're not. You talk to them with respect and like they are a valued client. So now instead of $30 a month more (that's what my bill went up) they lose a customer. Maybe he needs to go back to business school. I had AT&T in another state before moving back to Cali and they are hands down a better company.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

It's an annual thing. Every year when the first cold weather hits, our internet starts lagging and eventually goes completely down. It usually takes 4 repair visits, requiring me to be home for each, before they get the problem fixed. We are on visit number 2 this year. I've been on hold tonight for 30 minutes so far. If there is any other internet provider in your area, use them!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

It's about a week I just went to pick up modem for my Spectrum Time Warner Cable internet service (my zip code is in the area of TWC). I already had 3 days I had to call due to loss of internet. Now is my 3rd time while I make this review from my cellphone... I am waiting now more than 20 mins for someone to get my call. I don't know what is most frustrating... Already looking for other companies for internet while wait technical support.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I sincerely hope Spectrum goes out of business. Customer service is non-existent. Recently contacted Live Support twice and was told a "Ticket" had been written and was also assured my problem would be fixed in 6-8 hrs. Later learned no ticket/s were ever submitted. Then spoke to rep who told me she'd research issue and get back to me next day. No call (no surprise). When I asked for her specifically I was told she is out for 3 weeks. What a joke. I despise this company.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Worst customer service, they take the cake. Construction Dept6. Lazy, lie, say they will be out to replace the green box. Bare wires exposed, waiting for a lawsuit when someone falls, or the kids keep pulling on it. Called 15 times for repair, 10 supervisors, a trip down to the office… Disgusting dumb customer service. Still waiting for the lazy construction team to show up. Note: This is not a fake review. It's a disgusting review. The work ticket order was the last number they gave me, however, they told that ticket along with the other 5 has been closed??? Just come replace the green box, and put the transformer in place. PLEASE!!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I was considering switching to Time Warner Spectrum. I had set up an appointment and then realized that reviews on the internet complained about their slow upload speeds. I called to inquire about their upload speeds. The woman I spoke to asked what state I was in and when I said Ohio she said I could expect 5 (the internet said up to 20). Right after that the original person I spoke to called back. He said the upload was 50 so I asked if that was in writing and could he email it to me. Suddenly, without saying anything another person was on the line. He said there was nothing in writing but I should try it. I explained that my daughter is a YouTuber and I couldn't try it. I need to know what the actual upload speed is. He then asked me for my daughter's YouTube channel like I was lying. He was rude and obnoxious and lost the company a potential customer.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Time Warner is an awful company and I feel they take advantage of their position and way overcharge for their services. If you need help from a tech they charge you for a phone call, tv and internet freezes or goes out all the time.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I live in Florida and we have Spectrum as our cable company but not by choice. They bought out Brighthouse and there is no other Cable Company in our area. I just received a letter from Spectrum that our bill was to jump from 152$ to 177$ not including taxes and fees, Spectrum claims we are coming to the end of our promotion pricing we had with Brighthouse, we never had promotion pricing. This is just a way for them to raise prices! Why is the State of Florida allowing Spectrum to do this to its Citizens? Governor Scott needs to make the robbery stop!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My 92 year old mother lives alone. I want to install a camera so I can check on her remotely. Time Warner/Spectrum do not offer any package to make this affordable. But they have special pricing for **. Shame on those **.

Time Warner expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In 1989 when Time, Inc. and Warner Communications merged, the first seeds were planted for what would become one of the nation's largest cable television networks. Time Warner is headquartered in New York City.

• Pay in store: Consumers who prefer to pay with cash can visit Time Warner retail locations.

• Big on-demand catalog: More than 10,000 shows and movies are pre-loaded on the Time Warner on-demand service.

• Mobile viewing: Customers can view programming on their smartphone or tablet.

• Enjoy Internet access: With Time Warner, viewers get access to a network of more than 400,000 WiFi hotspot locations.

• Bundled services: Time Warner also offers discounted Internet and phone service bundles.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, households on a budget and businesses who provide entertainment to customers or staff members.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.timewarnercable.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use