Time Warner

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Avoid dealing with this company! They are complete fraud. They rip off long time customers sending different amount to pay for their service. They will tell you one price but you have to pay much higher! Their Internet sucks and customer service is a joke. They don't know their job at all. That's ridiculous and unprofessional. It's not a company it's a scam that need to be closed.

Beware with Spectrum and their shady "contractors". I have been a Time Warner customer for many years. My internet stopped working, so they sent out a technician, who was very nice and talked me into going with Spectrum because the modem/wi-fi would be free and my monthly bill would be reduced. He also said I needed a new cable and that they would come out to bury a new cable. In the meantime, my monthly bill went up. They never showed up to install a new cable. My internet went down again.

Finally, after about 6 weeks, they came out to install/bury a new cable. They punctured the pvc to my sprinkler system. When I got home from work, they were trying to dig down to the pipe and repair the leak themselves. The "cable guy" said that they were trying to fix it, because when they "called a plumber, they were told it was going to cost $1,000.00". At 8:00 pm I have cable guys still trying to fix the mess they made by repairing the broken pipe. I finally came to my senses and asked if they were licensed plumbers. They immediately stopped working. I made it very clear, I didn't want anyone working on these pipes unless they were licensed plumbers.

The next day, I get a call that they are sending out "a licensed plumber". My son was there when the guy showed up to repair the pipe. He took pictures of this "licensed plumber's" very shady repair work. A week later, I have a river in my backyard at 11:00 pm. Apparently, the repair job didn't hold up. We called Spectrum and they told us to hire a plumber and we would be reimbursed. A licensed plumber from All-Pro showed up at midnight and repaired the leak. He said that they had not repaired it correctly. I had to write a check for $1,200.00.

The next day Spectrum and some representative from their "contractor, Grayco" came out to inspect. When I said to him, "you didn't hire a licensed plumber did you?" He replied, "No ma'am. I did have one scheduled, but he had to cancel at the last minute, and I was desperate to get the job done, so I hired a handyman." Spectrum blamed the contractor. Apparently Spectrum hires clowns to do their work and then blames them when they mess up. The contractor did reimburse me for the plumber's fee two days later. Spectrum said they would give me some kind of credit for my inconveniences, however, I received a bill for the full monthly amount. They are also supposed to pay the loss of my water cost, but I don't know where to send this. I think I would go with any other internet provider if I were you, as this will be on my "to do" list today.

Just got off the phone after trying the online chat. NOT helpful either way. I waited about 7 minutes between each response on the chat. I called in. After fighting the "automated" system to get to a real person I was transferred 2 times. They inform me that because I was on a promotion (I was never told I was on a promotion. I turned down tons of promotions.) it has now ended and I now have to get way more internet than I had before and pay roughly $20 more each month for it. Somehow the internet I was on is suddenly not available anymore. I will go find service elsewhere and I honestly do not even care how good the service is as long as I do not have to deal with this type of customer service again. When I told them I would have to look around and see what else is available she wanted to know if I wanted to cancel my account right now. Guess customers do not matter anymore!!!

Last Friday I contacted what at that time was TWC about my bill and asked why it had increased. I was told it was because I was now to be charged for the digital decoders even after being told that would not happen for two years and I was still at just over the one year mark. After a lot of discussion with a representative called David I was told I could keep my bill at nearly the same rate but I would lose VoiceZone off my phone that I was told would be the only change.

Well fast forward to yesterday and I come to find my tv lineup shrunk and my package that I had changed to a lower one (I had not and would not have agreed to this). Again I only agreed to a change to VoiceZone and made that clear at the time. I called TWC to complain about this and after speaking to a supervisor was told yes that TWC had in fact made a mistake and that she the supervisor would need to put me through to a representative from Spectrum because TWC had been taken over by Spectrum but she would explain to them what had happened and they would be able to help... well after a while a representative of Spectrum came on the phone and said that even though it was a mistake on TWC part nothing could or would be done because our package was under the legacy program and our bill would increase from $136 per month to $210.

I explained that I felt it was unfair that they had made the mistake and I would be forced to pay for their mistake... why could they not have taken responsibility for this and just reversed the mistake they made. They were so rude and so unhelpful and not willing to help in any way. They now have a plan for new customers that charges $29.99 for each service which would have made my bill just under $90.00 and I would then have been only charged $20.00 extra to increase that to the silver package. Why do they treat their existing subscribers so badly and bend over backward to get new subscribers? It's so unfair now. I am going to have to find another company to supply my internet, Tv, and phone. Shame on you TWC/SPECTRUM...

2 online reps and 2 telephone reps said I could get 125 channel PAC for $117. TWC since 1992. Brought in whole house DVR equip was paying $178 for 200 channels. Told would be $168. Sling tv 4me. So much for loyalty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Time Warner?

In preparing to pay my current billing statement, I noticed yet another rate increase by Time Warner/Spectrum. There was no notification of ANY rate increases! This seems to have become a VERY common practice of Time Warner/Spectrum and as such, I review each and every one of my monthly bills. Granted the amount of increase would seem insignificant by sight, and many customers probably just pay it without even noticing (which is the intent), but multiply that by 10s of millions of customers! This is another way for these monopolies to increase their revenues each and every month! This is an UNFAIR (and likely illegal) business practice. Be FOREWARNED about this practice. This is an UNFAIR business practice and should be noted as such and be a concern for each and every customer.

We were looking for a new phone service for our auto repair business as the internet was always having a problem and customer service's answer, when I could understand them, was to spend more money and longer contract. Time Warner/Spectrum was advertising extensively and for a good price. I spoke with the sales rep, he insisted I sign up immediately and get a install date. We were eager to get a new service, and Time Warner was a trusted name, or so I thought. I explained we needed to keep our phone numbers, no problem, was the reply. Install date came with tech and 4 new numbers! No I said "We have been in business 25 years we need our numbers!!!" No I couldn't reach my original sales person so was assigned a new one. Now we had to wait until the old phone company released the numbers. Don't think they will do this for you!!! I had to.

Finally got another new install date, after 3 weeks. Tech came set it up, "Oh you want your phone lines to work? You need someone to PROGRAM them. We don't do that!" REALLY!!! So listen up folks if you have them come set up be prepared to be without phones until you, on your own, have to search the city to find this special unicorn program person to magically make your phones now work!!! I was told by a supervisor, "Well most people have their IT dept take care of it." REALLY!!!

I'm a 6 bay repair shop, I can reprogram a 2014 Chevrolet Malibu, but I wouldn't expect my customers to have the equipment or knowledge to do that. That's why they come to a SERVICE shop. As I thought I was getting when I called Time Warner/Spectrum phone SERVICE!!! No one told you that, every person and supervisor I was cycled thru asked me in a big dumb doe eyed manner. No they sure didn't, then silence, for seriously like 5 minutes. This is tech support! This company needs to get it together and provide some service!

I had TWC until Spectrum took over a couple of months ago. My bill went up $30.00 the first month. They "claim" your promotion is over. That's not true. I wasn't on a promotion and neither are the majority supposedly at the end of their promotion. Interestingly Spectrum is being sued in New York over modems not being 100 Mbps. Just google Spectrum class action suits. You will see several are suing. Then that information clicked when I spoke with them about my bill they told me if I brought in my router they would drop $10 a month off my bill for a FASTER router. Following that is when I found out why. Fioptics said they are VERY busy. I also read on here about having to reboot. That's why. Fioptics does not need to reboot. Yes, I switched to Fioptics.

Been a loyal customer for well over 15 years, and NEWCHANNELS before TWC took over. With NEWCHANNELS I never had any issues. With TWC, it's been one thing after the other. I could go into details, but it's all been said many a time before in these reviews. If you live in New York State, contact the New York State Attorney General's Office and hop on board the train that has a class action suit against them. I just did after the BS they tried to pull on me.

The cable box did not work, took it back, the agent took it back and gave me a new one. But at the same time, reduced my internet to 15Mbps from 50Mbps (I just upgraded on 3-2 special promotion). I noticed this and got on chat, explained the issue and chat Aziz **, "I can add the Ultimate 50 plan from my end. It will be $50 more to the current bill." As that price was under promotional offer, I can add the Ultimate 50 plan that however the charge will not be under promotion.

Notice the name, less than 2 weeks after upgrading my box took a bite so had to exchange it and the agent dropped my speed to 15Mbps. So now they are playing a game of ripping you off even more. Needless to say, I filed with the New York State Attorney General and am having DirecTV come in this Thursday - cutting the cord and should have a long time ago!!!

Every month I have to call or physically go to a TWC location to dispute something on my bill or talk to someone about missing channels and slow or non-working internet. We get a credit, but it's overridden with "fees" that no one can explain. We've now been told 2-4 weeks to fix our TV channels and we're "given" a $40 credit and once again, over $20 in fees show up on our bill. We have never been late on a payment in over 15 years and continue to be dissatisfied. There is no other service available because we're in a rural area, so we don't have other options. I feel as if they don't care about us as customers and they should pay me an hourly wage for all the time I spend dealing with them every month.

I have had the worst luck with Time Warner/Spectrum. They raised my price without notice. The bill comes a week after they debit my account now, they promised me a new rate and then kept billing me the inflated price of $10 a month. After two months of calling, they said that I was entitled to a $4.45 refund for the over charge. How does that make sense? My building was struck by lightning and it went thru the cable line and killed their router. Spent over 45 trying to explain over and over what happened and that I had to remove the box from the plug because it was smoking. They insisted that they had to continue running tests to see why I wasn't connected. I didn't even have the box connected to anything in anyway. Yet the lady kept telling me she understood and she was going to try another test. What??? Finally she confirmed that it was not working. After much debate she said that she was mailing me another box.

A full week later I called to find out where it was... A manager told me that it had never been ordered. I have had no internet in my home for a full 8 days now. They did not try to expedite it or compensate in any way. I decided to cancel and that department tried to talk me into waiting another week or driving to god knows where to get another box. I went ahead and canceled. I asked to be sent to billing... I got sent to video repair, then TV repair, then some kind of service dept, then to a guy that troubleshoots, and THEN finally to billing. The lady could not help me so I asked to speak to a supervisor. She would not talk to me directly but I was relayed messages from her thru the billing service rep. She messaged that they would refund me the money for the week, but on the discounted price I was supposed to get for my service and not the higher amount I was charged on my debit card.

They could not give me a refund of the amount I overpaid because they disagree that I overpaid. That makes absolutely no sense. I should have been refunded $20 for two months of overcharging and at least $10 for the week I went with no service. I got $10. I can understand mistakes. I can understand having patience for a company in transition. But I don't understand how a company can fail me on so many levels. They are dishonest and they lack integrity.

We have been Time Warner customers for MANY years, along with several other friends & family members. Back in January 2017, I received my recent Time Warner bill, which had increased drastically for the minimal service (Like 20-22 tv channels, internet & phone). I called TWC & was informed that my yearly promotion had ended & I would now be paying the full price, even though there were SUPPOSEDLY no more 12 month contracts. They informed me that if I MIGRATED to Spectrum my service would be better & cost less. HA HA! I have had nothing but problems from day 1 of switching to Spectrum. Then when you attempt to call in with your concerns or complaints, you are fed a line of crap and nothing changes.

Some of their technicians are total incompetents. They came to our complex to disconnect a unit, but somehow managed to disconnect ALL of my services. When I called I was given a whopping $4.00 credit for the 1/2 day of no service. Then within weeks I now have no cable service in either of our 2 bedrooms so I called back again today and was informed that in order to have service to ALL tv's in my home that I would be required to have a box for each tv (at an additional cost per box of course). I about lost it on them. I then get transferred to yet another rep who informs me of the same thing. I informed him that I was never informed of such a thing & he claims that I should have been.

I suggested they look at notes taken on my account in their system. He informs me that he can't do that, that it's all recorded. I informed him that he could go back over the last 2-1/2 months and find multiple calls from me most for an hour or more each with very little resolution. If anyone knows of contact information other than what I have found online, that would allow me to blow at a higher level, I would appreciate the information.

As of March 10, 2017 I am a very unsatisfying consumer of TWC vs Spectrum and is about to drop my internet services all together. I've been a TWC loyal customer for years and since the merge with Spectrum they've interrupted my internet services on March 10, 2017 stating that my service was interrupted because of an address matter. This on my behalf is untrue because I reported my new address change before the merge was in effect. They said they would fix the issue and never resolved my internet connection. And then customer service technician was very rude to me over the phone and blamed me for the internet connection interruption on my equipment. He/She also tells me that my service will stay at the rate of $14.99 mo. When I signed with TWC, with an additional discount due to my service being interrupted on their end and not my fault they assured me that they would take care to the problem.

It is now March 11, 2017 @ 3:51 am Saturday morning and I was never taken care of as a loyal customer. They never called me back to see if my internet connection was service properly. I was lied to and faulted for the interruption on my equipment. I own my modem I purchased brand new for $100 at Best Buy and I also check my TWC/Spectrum online tonight and it shows a balance on my account in the amount of $44.99 for internet service. I was blatantly lie to and con'd right over the phone. I want to know who will be responsible for this type fraud/scam/deceitfulness. This is the simple reasons why I don't trust crooked ** companies/business now!!! Trust and believe I will never recommend TWC/Spectrum to any of my close friends and family because the word is already known that their ratings are plummeting to zero's. They get zero stars from me.

We switched to Spectrum after a bad experience with Frontier. After less than 4 month we wish we should have stayed with Frontier. Spectrum is horrible. They charged me $60 + tax a month for the internet alone and internet is frequently dropped. We could not get a decent reception sitting right in our kitchen and it is only 20 feet away without any wall. THAT BAD. WILL NOT COME BACK AND WILL NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE. Garland, TX 75043 location.

Several years ago, I called Time Warner to discontinue my service with them. The bills had kept going up and up, and I was not being credited for days that due to their fault, I had no service. The bills were about $200+/month. I was implored not to discontinue service. They offered me a package for $99.00/month all in, with the promise that they would not increase the rate. Needless to say, this was not true. Because of disabilities I suffer from, I was watching TV sometime just as background while I did artwork. After a year, they jacked up the rates. At one point, a Time Warner serviceman had hooked a box to my TV, saying that for some reason, I could not get a proper picture without it. I would find out that they added this to my bill, even though I had not requested the box.

When I called about both the box and their broken promises about no more increases, they accused me of lying. Each time I or my wife talked with them, it was another story. I also requested telephone records I needed for a legal matter, which they promised to send, but, of course they never did. They have just raised what I had before, channels 2 (?) to 60 something and then some channels in the 100s, the BBC (362), a few extra channels in low 300s, low 400s and upper 900s. I did not even know I had the channels above 100 until less than a year (?) ago. (No HBO or special channels were ever ordered.) I just wanted a few channels, BTN, TCM, BBC, and after I found out about it, Nat. Geo. and a few other channels in the 100s. The price quote to get TCM in my package was about $260. This is more than our property taxes.

This is ridiculous and shows that the merger of Comcast and Time Warner has given them monopolistic power. They should be broken up as as they certainly seem to form a trust as far as cable goes. I would also like to be reimbursed for all the time they were out, at time leaving me with no phone, internet or cable. Apparently this is funny to them. As for promises they made, they are not worth even the sound they made as they lied. Already most of our media is controlled by too few. This is a big part of how democracy disappears.

I am an historian, and studied numerous societies. If you want to compare this country with Germany in the 1930s, it would be safe to say that our nation is being run very much like the mid to early second half of the '30s. Concentration of the news media into the hands of a few is what happened in the Germany of that period. It is a very sad thing to see. Breaking the Comcast - Time Warner monopoly would be a step in the right direction.

Oh yeah, when we said we wanted to cancel all of our service with them, they said we would lose our landline number. Has the law been changed? I thought it was illegal for telephone service providers to do that. Is that just another lie? I am what you call a senior citizen, but, I do have older relatives who depend on me. It would be pure hell trying to notify all of those who have my number, that it has been changed. If they have that power, it should be taken away. If not, they used extortion to force us to keep their phone service. We are becoming more and more of a "police state."

Politically, I am an independent. I have served my country in numerous ways, both advocating for the "common people" as well as working against terrorism, which comes in many forms these days. Right now, greed and corruption are dominating this nation. Time Warner - Comcast is a part of that. You can boycott their cable if you wish to help defend a free, affordable press. I urge people to act.

As my wife pays online, I do not have the order number this site requests. Nonetheless, I speak the truth as best as I understand it. It will take many steps to save our press and our nation. Please do what you can. I am abstaining from the ridiculous cost of television. I would ask others to do the same. A very small number of people have come to control most of our planet and its resources. You can abstain from doing business with many or most of them. I urge you to do so.

I created this account for the sole purpose to relate my tale of woe with Time Warner, or Spectrum as they bill themselves now. I was called by a sales rep that offered me 100 upload and 100 download internet speeds for 44.99 a month. They started to set me up with installation on Saturday but I asked for Monday instead. They agreed and I wrote down the date and time. The day and time come and go and no service guy, I call and they assure me someone will be by soon. I wait, still no one. I call back and they tell me that actually the appointment is for Sat. I ask for something else and they offer Thursday and I accept. On Thursday no one comes by.

I call and learn two things. First, that I am still scheduled for Sat. and second that the 100 up and down speeds do not even exist in my area. 60 down and 10 up is what I am signed up for. Despite being promised repeatedly that I was getting 100 down AND up, they could not even upgrade me to their fastest local service of 100 down and 10 up for the quoted price. The 100 for both surprised me and it is why I asked the sales guy to confirm that, twice.

On Thursday they even connected me to their "care and solutions" department, or something like that, to see if something could be done about the false promise I received but when I was connected to them they said that their department doesn't do anything like that and that I was transferred by mistake. I am out a bunch of time and had to listen to at least 6 different reps all tell me different conflicting stories. Please, save yourself some time and hurt and just don't ever use this company if there is any possible way you can avoid it.

I haven't even had my service for a month. I've had nothing but Problems with it. Every time I change the channel it blacks out for at least 8 seconds. My system keeps rebooting during my recorded programs. I've had to call customer service quite a few times and almost every time they hang up on me. Then they don't call me back, so I have to go over the entire problem with a different person. It's absolutely ridiculous. The tech that installed was great. Everything else has been hell.

I have called and used online chat and customer service is horrible. When I wanted to upgrade my service there was not a problem. But now that I want to downgrade or possibly even cancel altogether they will not help me. They give me excuses that I need to be transferred to another dept and then now to another and then put on hold for 45 minutes only to be hung up on. Then told that my plan was changed to a new lower rate - only to get a bill just as high the next run - nothing was changed. I call in again. Get through the 10 minute long phone tree only to get transferred to be told that I will not be helped because I have the wrong pin # to my account which is on the bill! Because I do not have the pin # they will not help me at all - she refused to transfer me to her boss, to another department, or even back to the automated line - she flat out refused to do anything for me except "is there anything else I can do for you".

At one point she told me she was not going to lose her job because I did not know my pin # which I told her was on my bill that I was looking at and I could give her any other background information she needed and she refused to do anything. She was was beyond rude but so has everyone else that I have spoken to! It's one excuse after another. I have options now. It's only one company that has your address now! I got online and complained to the online chat person and what did he wants me to do - call back that exact department and get back on the phone with them? I guess I will take all of my equipment into a store and hand it over and tell them to cut off everything! Do not use the Spectrum TWC company.

Horrid Experience. I ordered internet, & the sales rep told me if I added the phone, I'd get free wifi on my cell, in dead areas, when traveling. I agreed. He lied. No phone service is required to use the Free Wifi App. The app only tells you where to get wifi, it does NOT work on the phone. In changing the service back to internet only, the rep tried to refuse the original price I was offered. We resolved this, so I thought. When I called re the change not reflected on my bill, the rep tried to tell me the monthly credit was only for one time. Not true. She then proceeded to tell me that the unadjusted amount was for a late fee, etc. The math doesn't work. The agreed monthly charge is $49.99 plus approx $1.86 in taxes. The bill was $71. Late fee $8.95. She claims the bill is $78. Either way, the math doesn't work. Who is lying? Which rep? Cancelling Service.

Right now, I have bundled service through TWC for $215 per month. My wife has been paying the bills for a couple years due to circumstances and I just about vomited. Every morning, I must reset the router to get internet service. I have called TWC at least 8 times. It would be a lot more but I do not have time. My internet speed when I have it is 30 down and 6 up. Those speeds are after I pay an additional $10 a month.

They are now Spectrum and are just the same as Tim Warner Cable, just sounds different, Here is a brief list: They lie and say you will never have to call again. They will tell you that the repair guy has been out. No call or notification. Friend up the street is getting 60M down. I asked if I could get 60 or double and they said yes but I am paying an extra $10 for a lot less. They advertise 60 for $29.99 but for some reason, they will not give it to me. I have had enough and spent much time. I have not even said anything about my cable issues and phone...

After sitting on the phone 25 minutes, "Shaniqua" informed me that I would be charge a $5 fee for having to pay my bill over the phone due to their system being down. I asked to speak to a manager about the fee as it is not my fault their automated payment / internet payment systems are down. She placed me on hold and never attempted to get a supervisor. We are cancelling our TWC due to Shaniqua's actions. You can thank her TWC for losing a customer.

Time Warner changed to Spectrum. Every other month, bill continues to rise. I cancelled everything but internet for $39.99 per month. I just saw my bill due at the end of this month, It is $5.00 higher. I called customer service and they said they raised the rates. Completely arbitrary! They said there's nothing they can do. What is preventing them to raise it again in 2 months? People keep dropping service so they keep hiking prices up to keep shareholders happy... Criminal.

Every time I reset my modem it takes forever for it to get an IP address from them. I call up tech support and they do not know why. They can see it connected but they do not know why it is not going thru. They want to send a tech to the home when this is a problem with their server.

I live on Social Security. My bill is over $150 a month. I have TV/Internet/Phone. They tell me the the price I'm paying is right for the service I am getting. I need the services I'm getting but the fees keep going up and up and they won't work with me. My only choice is to stay with them. The only other service in my area is AT&T or Dish. Dish is out because I live in a Historical Building and outside attachments are not allowed. STAY AWAY FROM TIME WARNER/SPECTRUM.

Just spoke to Spectrum and have now decided that paying 3-4 individual bills to get a better price on Internet, TV, Security and Phone is my way to go. I have been hesitant to switch because of being a long time loyal customer but they only offer specials to new customers and rely on loyal customer not to bother switching. I have read over most of the reviews posted and I can say most of them relate to my experiences so I won't bother repeating the same thing. So Time Warner/Spectrum, I give you a "1" but wished I could give you a "0". Your new customers will be happy for a while but will just jump ship for better pricing elsewhere when the time comes. It's too bad that you treat your loyal customers the way you do. When you get so big and don't care anymore then it's time for me to leave. Feel sorry for your employees who have to listen to us complain.

Since Time Warner transitioned to Spectrum it has become evident that this is NOT a seamless experience for the customer. Here is a summary of my experience since the takeover. On my October 2016 statement, I received notice of Time Warner transition to Spectrum. Shortly thereafter, I began receiving notices from my bank that electronic checks were being returned by Time Warner/Spectrum. Prior to the name change I had not been delinquent and electric checks were processed without any problem. At least 4 lengthy phone calls over 3 month were made to Time Warner Spectrum to sort out the issue. Several inconsistent scenarios were explained.

Today my service was cut off with NO notification and when I called to inquire I was informed that my account was delinquent; after being told by an Spectrum agent in early February that I had a $43.54 credit on my account. I finally got an agent that explained that a hold had been place on my electronic checks. Thanks, all of this time wasted and no one could tell me about the hold or why prior to cutting off service??? I was routed to several different departments in a fragmented manner to get service restored. Now, March 3, 2017, a special TMS internal appeal process was initiated by one department in order to restore my "Privilege" of using online banking to pay my internet bill. In my area this is the only option for internet service. The departments are not coordinated and I kept getting dialogue about "this is just how the system works." Clearly not a customer issue but I have been forced to carry the brunt.

I was watching a movie and it stopped due to low bandwidth. I pay for 50 Mbps. Tried to call Spectrum and TWC. Message said customer service lines were busy and offered me a callback service for the next business day. Have had terrible service since Spectrum took over.

Spectrum/AT&T bought Time Warner. Have been jerked around in terms of what my billing is and what they're willing to do for me as far as customer service. Since January of this year my bill has fluctuated all the way from $159 to $210 to $298 and now with the reduction of services, I've just been taken back down to $175. How do we file a class action or monopoly lawsuit as consumers?

Horrible company. Have had them for 5+ years because no other option. Pay for best internet service available, can't even stream movies. HAD TO DISCONNECT FROM INTERNET AND USE PHONE DATA TO PAY MY INTERNET BILL. OH, THE IRONY!

I had Time Warner cable internet with promotional pricing for one year. After the promotion ended, I was offered Spectrum Internet for $59.99. I signed up for that because it was just a little more than what I was paying before. After just one month at that rate, Spectrum decided to raise the rate by another $5 without informing me. Even after speaking with customer support, they refused to revert back to the price I had signed up for and said that the price had now changed. While an increase in $5 is not much, I was more disappointed that they lured me in with the $59.99 price and then increased it after the first month. I found it very deceitful and upsetting.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

In 1989 when Time, Inc. and Warner Communications merged, the first seeds were planted for what would become one of the nation's largest cable television networks. Time Warner is headquartered in New York City.

• Pay in store: Consumers who prefer to pay with cash can visit Time Warner retail locations.
  • Big on-demand catalog: More than 10,000 shows and movies are pre-loaded on the Time Warner on-demand service.
  • Mobile viewing: Customers can view programming on their smartphone or tablet.
  • Enjoy Internet access: With Time Warner, viewers get access to a network of more than 400,000 WiFi hotspot locations.
  • Bundled services: Time Warner also offers discounted Internet and phone service bundles.
  • Best for Television fans who watch a range of programs, households on a budget and businesses who provide entertainment to customers or staff members.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers