1.82/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2523 Time Warner Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

My cable box has been unable to turn on. TWC has been here twice. Each technician says the same thing - that they do not carry a 6 module box on their van. Each technician then called dispatch to tell them their situation. I still have no cable. The problem here appears to be a lack of management. I also hope NY follows through with removing TWC.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Spectrum lies like a rug. On Sunday I saw that my guaranteed rate for 3 years had climbed up $40 a month. And that's why my bill was over $200 because I was paying wrong amount. Then to lower the bill back to the agreed price, I was given a choice of 10 channels. The guy promised the 10 channels. The next night 2 of them were inaccessible saying that I would have to pay a higher rate. Called back Tuesday night and was told to add those 2 promised channels back, my bill would be over $200. Lookout Sling, Netflix and Firestick. Here I come.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I have been with Spectrum for at least a year now. I feel bad because I felt as if I was hacked. And wow IT was true. I felt concern when I started seeing events happen. First it was the television boxes, then computer internet, and last my phone. I contacted Spectrum and wanted to inform them that I felt my system was being tampered with and lo and behold it was. My cable services was providing my entire street with cable internet and wifi free. And the way it was tampered with was through wires on the pole. My bill stands right now at 309 which will get paid but I feel I was not going to pay it due to this concern.

Spectrum is a truly great company but it makes it hard to trust their services if it’s that easy for someone on the streets to hack in through their poles. I contacted customer service three times about the issues and was told something different each time until I changed my phone number it happened again so I wanted a tech to come out. And wow. I’m very hurt and actually feels some type of way because it an Invasion of PRIVACY. I thought it was my cameras from ADT tapped in but it was SPECTRUM. I hope they find different way in connecting their services because they may possibly lose lots of business due to these concerns.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Don't waste your time. They say my bill is 105 and they charge me 220. They won't issue a refund though because I guess they are useless. This company needs to look over their 'upper level management' because all they do is take your money and at the end say they can't do anything. I even called back again and the management refused to talk to me. This review does not go out to the call center reps.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I called in September to have my wifi service moved from one location to another. At the same time, the agent sold me a cable package. Needless to say, nothing was done correct. It took 3 weeks to get the wifi working at the new location. The cable never worked -- the service agent was scheduled 2 times and never showed up. After 6 weeks of dealing with this hassle, I assumed since the cable never worked -- I would let it go and just keep the wifi. Well, I received a notice that I am past due 307.88 for the cable that NEVER worked. After talking to 3 people, they refuse to credit my account. I have multiple locations with this company and I am planning on switching all of them. Disaster!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Time Warner?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I have heard horror stories about this company but decided to give them a chance & judge for myself. Great experience ordering the service & price was reasonable. Product sent to me timely for self installation. Contacted their support dept to assist with installation & was advised I would need a tech to install. This was Thurs evening & earliest appt was Sunday 9-10am. Person on phone was wonderful. Cancel church & other plans for Sun appt. 3 phone calls Sat confirming appt on Sunday. Patiently waiting for tech. I call at 10:30am. Once great phone service. They will have dispatch contact me. Received call 11am several call offs. If I can reschedule they'll give me $30 credit. I need the service & can not reschedule. Received call 11:45. Tech will be here in 1/2 hr. Not getting off to a good start. Hopefully can post better review after installation.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

THIS IS NOT WHAT WE PAY FOR! ** you guys, too damn many commercials, and on every channel at the same time, that is **, this is not what we pay for. Also too many extra charges and additional fees on the bill, I have two services Cable TV for $29.99/month and Internet/WiFi for $29.99/month and the bill totals for $127 per month, all the extra fees are more than the total cost of the plans I have. "Something is wrong with this", it's like gas and everything else we purchase. The rip off government and other entities have to dip their hands in our leaving us broke at the end of the month. I can keep going but I won't. Take that back, I'm terminal/dying and if I ever get approved for disability I will be dead or close to it, thank you SSA department for taking my money and giving it to someone else and milking my application with denials.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I brought in some equipment to swap out and the young lady who assisted me was just fantastic. Her name was Aliesa and she not only assisted me in exchanging the equipment, but she was able to reduce the amount of my monthly bill. She was respectful, thanking me when I presented my license when she asked for it; thanking me for signing the receipt; and telling me to have a nice day as I left. What a wonderful experience! And despite the long lines, she didn't rush me. She did everything right. Give this girl a raise.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

This is the worst people to go to and if I could I’d give them negative stars! I have the WiFi with them and IT ALWAYS ACTS LIKE I DON'T EVEN HAVE WIFI. SO WTF AM I PAYING FOR?! I have a PS4 that won’t even connect to the “5g” internet that doesn’t even work either! So I highly recommend not going with this crap ** company and their half ** internet and 300 dollar internet bills.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

So I get my bill in the mail with a shutoff notice. My bill is $110. I said I will be in this Friday to pay $70 due to other bills. That's all I can give so they proceed to tell me if I don't pay all my service will be disconnected on Saturday. So I asked for an extension and they said no. I asked why am I paying so much for internet that buffers all the time and everything gets interrupted all the time and she says, "Well call us and our technician will try and fix it." I said, "What happens when it happens daily all day long again?" She says, "Call and we will try and fix it." I said, "Well how come you guys can't help me out with my payment but I have to deal with this interruption daily?" She says, "You have to call when you have issues." Very poor customer service and a very poor excuse for a cable company.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Crappy quality, unreliable service, and discourteous customer service! Not only have I had issues with my cable going out; the app was down twice and I was overcharged on my first bill. When I called in to speak with customer service they were completely rude and degrading. The door to door salesman quoted me a price $40 less than my first bill and all that they would say is, "There is nothing we can do about it."

Original review: July 12, 2018

I ended my service with this company and turned in all associated equipment. They then proceeded to charge me for another month of service which put my bank account into overdraft. I went to get a refund and they tell me it will take 4 to 6 weeks. WEEKS! WHAT KIND OF COMPANY TAKES A MONTH AND A HALF TO GIVE YOU THE MONEY THEY TOOK ILLEGALLY BACK? Spectrum is by far the worst ISP in the Country. I would honestly rather have DSL internet than contract with ANY spectrum affiliate again. This company is complete garbage. They say they are committed to providing exceptional service and from my interactions with them, this is anything but the case.

Spectrum is a horrible company that nobody should use. I wish there was a way to make them go away but there is not unfortunately. Sadly, they have a monopoly on my area for ISPs. Last time I checked, there is a law against a company being a monopoly on any good. So perhaps if enough people complain about their garbage service then another company like Comcast or someone better will make a move into the area.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Time Warner cable (Spectrum) is the biggest rip off ever! Your billing rate goes up on a monthly basis and when you call to complain they give you some made up reason to justify it. My billing rate has been going up monthly for a year, finally went over 100.00 so I called again to find out and the rep said my acct was all screwed up. He was nice enough and fixed it, got it back to the correct rate and now I got this month's bill and again it's over 100.00! I called again and the rep said it was my fault 'cause I had signed up for something which I didn't! We only have internet in our household for the last 10 years! I wish there was another cable company that was big enough to switch to!!

Original review: June 25, 2018

I called last September to pay off everything I owed for services rendered and for a cable modem, from 4 years prior. I was told my balance was $53 and change. I paid it and thought that was the end of it. I log on to my credit report and find an added bill for $71 and change. The person I talked to on the phone, when paying my final bill, did not include the cable modem. Because of her mistake, I now have another ding on my credit report. I was prepared to pay everything off at the time that I called. Very angry!!!

Original review: June 16, 2018

I went into the local office in East Rochester NY and set up an account for my mother. Prior to that the account was in my name and appeared on my bill monthly. In order to set it up in her name for her I had to be listed on the account as a authorized person which was done. It has been some time now and Time Warner has switched over to Spectrum. Today I needed to make a change to the account that I opened up due to health reasons and of course they won't let me! No record of me being an authorized user! Oh and can't look up and see that it had also been my account! Talked to a supervisor who suggested that I bring in a power of attorney form. Are you kidding me? Spectrum sucks!!! Get your ** together. Quit hassling people. I'm not adding features or increasing the bill like you do regularly. Thanks for nothing.

Original review: May 13, 2018

A new cable box was to be delivered 2 months ago and I have yet to receive it. Also for what a pay and the channels I receive is ridiculous. I have 2 DVR boxes and both constantly freeze which means resetting.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Time Warner has good service most of the time. Few outages. Good channel selection. Switched to Google Fiber when it became available primarily due to promise of higher quality and price. Quality didn't show a big difference but price did. Time Warner is expensive for numerous devices.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Time Warner brags about how many channels they have. However, they are counting all languages and shopping channels. Also, having to purchase a whole package for one channel is unfair and expensive.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Time Warner has no customer service. They have rude, condescending employees that hate to hear their phones ringing about one complaint after another. Years of no service and terrible service. There are NO customers on our street using this awful company!

Original review: May 12, 2018

Time Warner company but do not produce internet speed they promise. Want to blame your equipment even with new PC Phone. Customer service is good but techs do not solve any problems.

Original review: May 12, 2018

This cable provider recently switched me to digital and I've had a lot of problems. The day they switched me over, the cable worked for 1 hour and 15 minutes before it went out. They sent another technician out at 7:15pm that same night. He switched out the cable box that had just been installed at noon that day, changed the connection cord (the first tech left the original cord that had been there for 9 years in place), changed some settings and cable was back on. It lasted 5 days, went out on a Friday at 7:30pm until a tech could come out on Sunday afternoon. He checked outside line, said it had been chewed part way through, probably a squirrel, changed that and a piece of equipment inside that he said they hadn't used in over a decade! So far, it's been working for 8 days. Let's see how long it lasts!

Original review: May 12, 2018

Customer service waiting time on the phone was about 30 mins. The person was very rude. The price of service is very high, hope to find new server within 6 months, thanks.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Has been the best deal until now. Unfortunately have had 2 increase in cost in the past year so comparison dollar for dollar value is decreasing another increase. Will have to make changes in provider.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I had better experience before TWC became Spectrum. Have had more problems needing tech visits and not sure why. They have all been helpful, but I still have lack of internet until someone comes to my home.

Original review: May 11, 2018

The quality of their service is fairly good but I do object to their pricing. As a long time customer they will not allow me to purchase the same service as a brand new customer. Despite several attempts I still pay about $40.00 than friends who are new to their service.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Time Warner is totally overpriced, will not work with you on price, even with seniors. Nothing to watch most nights. Same reruns over and over, a wasteland. If you bundle you have to accept their price. Awful.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Time Warner is always raising my bill and providing less service. Furthermore they don't even offer some of the stations I really want to view. I don't want all their sports stations but there are few options beyond that available. I do not watch a lot of tv and for nearly $100 per month to watch fewer than 10 hours of viewing time per week I find the per hour rate high. I have withdrawn my subscription to them and use streaming now.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I love my cable provider because they offer tv and internet bundle for a affordable price and also fastest internet available in my area. Whenever I call with a problem they resolve it quickly.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Time Warner offers internet, TV and phone bundled together. We we're told take it or leave it. No choice, can't pay for just internet and cable TV. Stuck paying for phone we don't want or need.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The costs are just so high for retired customers on a fixed income. As we have more time than the non-retirees on our "hands" we use this utility more than the average "Joe"...especially during the winter months.

Time Warner expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In 1989 when Time, Inc. and Warner Communications merged, the first seeds were planted for what would become one of the nation's largest cable television networks. Time Warner is headquartered in New York City.

• Pay in store: Consumers who prefer to pay with cash can visit Time Warner retail locations.

• Big on-demand catalog: More than 10,000 shows and movies are pre-loaded on the Time Warner on-demand service.

• Mobile viewing: Customers can view programming on their smartphone or tablet.

• Enjoy Internet access: With Time Warner, viewers get access to a network of more than 400,000 WiFi hotspot locations.

• Bundled services: Time Warner also offers discounted Internet and phone service bundles.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, households on a budget and businesses who provide entertainment to customers or staff members.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs