Time Warner

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Spectrum took over Time Warner and "upgraded" my internet service. I had no problem with Time Warner for 10+ years. Spectrum took over and nearly doubled my cost for internet and supposedly upgraded it to 100 mbps. It sucks now. It works about a fourth as good as it did when I had sixty mbps. I've had them out to my house a dozen times. Half of them come out and do nothing. The other half fix it but it only works for a short time. I would get rid of Spectrum if they didn't have a monopoly where I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. It's surprising considering that I live intercity.

A technician was scheduled to come to my apartment on Sunday between 12 and 1 pm. When no one showed by 1:30 I called TWC and was told a dispatcher would call. As time passed more phone calls were made and the same promise that a dispatcher would call was made. When I called again (it is now near 4:00) a recording stated my APPOINTMENT was rescheduled for Wed. This was not acceptable. I would like to know how TWC has the nerve to reschedule an appointment without telling the customer or getting their permission and especially when they had already waited almost 4 hours.

I told the rep this was ridiculous and would change to a different service provider. Five seconds later the dispatcher called. I asked why my appointment was canceled and she could not tell me. She was real airhead and asked in her most childlike and idiotic voice if she could help me any further. I told, "You HAVEN'T helped me. You just wasted my time." Verizon is just as bad. I rent an apartment and cannot have any satellite installed on the property. Can anyone recommend a substitute phone/tv/internet provider.

By the way TWC whenever I receive a call from TWC my caller ID shows TWC. When your dispatcher calls it does not identify them and the call comes from area code 608 or 631. I do not answer calls from numbers I do not recognize or do not identify who the caller is. Start identifying your idiot dispatchers. This only 10% of what happened. I get too aggravated to type correctly to explain what happened. Anyone thinking of changing to Spectrum think again. All this because I updated to DVR service and a small problem with the DVR.

I have been with TWC for 8 or 10 years. I've always been satisfied with the quality, reliability, and service. My "special promotion" recently expired, and my bill (for a bundle) went from $142 to $167. As I've always done in the past, I called and asked if they had another special promotion available, and they always did. Spectrum changed that policy. I was told that the new rate was actually a special promotion, and without it the bill would be higher. I thanked the girl I was speaking to, and when I got the feedback survey window, I explained that my bill went up 17% without a corresponding increase in service or quality, and that it wasn't going to stay that way.

I signed up with a bundle from AT&T for $120 a month for 2 years. Before I could get the service disconnected, I received the next month's bill for $192. That's a 35% increase. I had no issues getting the service terminated. A simple phone call. I had no issues returning their various electronic equipment. I'm only sorry I had to switch, and I'm already sorry that I'll have to switch back in a couple of years when AT&T gives me the same treatment. If either company treated its existing customers like it treats the new ones, it would have more new customers than it could handle.

With many bad reviews, I want to share what happen to me today. I ordered my service a week ago. September 1. The fellow who took my call was professional, complete, and did an outstanding job. When I was called to rate him, I gave him top marks. My tech rep from Spectrum-Time Warner showed up at 8 am, the scheduled time. This guy was rocket science smart. He identified multiple problems. He fixed the inside problems and arranged for maintenance to address the outside issues.

The Service / Maintenance guy showed up at 6 pm. He did his work between my house and the main trunk. When he was complete, he came to my door and said he wanted the work done before the weekend, so I could watch the game. This experience is so far from what others are saying, others will wonder; is this poster related to Spectrum in ANY WAY! The answer is NO! I have struggled with on and off signals from TW for a decade. I decided to give it one more try. If TW / Spectrum can keep servicing clients as I was today, others will be posting similar stories to mine. Thanks for a good experience!

When looking at my bill I noticed that I am not receiving the discount that I was promised when I signed up for their phone service. When looking back at some previous bills it's not there either. I am not getting the discount as when my wife signed us up, back on 10-12-12, it was suppose to be $9.95 a month plus taxes and fees and it was suppose to be for LIFE as long as I maintained all three services in good standing. I am being charged $19.99 a month plus $3.95 for Voicemail for a total of $23.94 a month. This is not right. I can look back on this years statements and see I am being charged more than I should have been charged but can't look back any farther as I didn't save my statements from previous years.

A supervisor from Spectrum has called saying that because I accepted other promotional packages they can't put back on the $9.95 LIFE rate. This is not right as I never asked for or added other services as I have all three as it is! All I was trying to do is get a better rate for my services as every year they keep increasing my bill. I mentioned when calling make sure to keep my phone rate & I was never told that I would lose that rate if I accepted a discount in my services! I had that rate in 2012 up until 2014 as I have that bill but don't have any other of my bills except 2017 so am not sure when they took off my rate!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Time Warner?

This internet service provider is hands down the worst one I have had to deal with. My internet connection will randomly disconnect for five to ten minutes at a time, which happens two to three times in a single day. When I called customer service it took forever to get a hold of someone. When I finally got off hold they sent a person over here who basically just shrugged their shoulders and left. I have tried to get customer service four times and every time the same thing happens. If this internet service provider was not the only affordable one in my area I would be sprinting to another one.

Time Warner has always been known about their bottom of the customer care and service – and I am not surprised. I as a business we booked their service for internet, phone and TV (Triple play) on Aug 16th and scheduled for installation on August 28, 2017. They came on time and got confused about the address and I tried to help them with documentation, emailed to sales rep within minutes, on the phone with so many people I lost count just to make sure the techs complete their work and don’t leave. At the end like any failed and the incompetent Spectrum business they decided to cancel the order. Not considering so many resources, Truck roll costs etc. I have been in Telecom business for over 20 years as program manager! I know all about this costs and logistic well. Techs spend 3 hours sitting around getting permission from some incompetent and outdated so called manager.

I called and spoke to many people yesterday. They promised I will have the service by today 8/29. Finally got a hold of the salesperson Christopher ** today (8/29) who started it all – he really tried to escalate so I can get my service today. But it’s Time Warner/Spectrum known for your bottom rated service in the industry. I called Chris’s supervisor directly for a resolution on this order. I left her a message to **. No response, no callback. How rude! Then I decided to call her supervisor Yvonne at **. Left her a message again no call back no resolution. Irresponsible manager. Disappointment after disappointment. I have Google Fiber at home. My interaction and their technology puts Time Warner/Spectrum at shame! You have an opportunity to provide good service and win new customers. But I see no improvements.

Update 8/30/2017. Many calls received today by Spectrum supervisor and other people that the service/installation will be in today. We waited all day, but again as expected from this lousy company no one showed up all day, no call to inform what they plan on doing. Update 8/31/2017. No one at Spectrum knows why they can’t dispatch to provide us the service. It’s been 4 days now. Every day someone confirms that today they will install. Bizarre!!!

Although we are a Spectrum customer, we are still on a Time Warner Cable plan for internet, cable, and phone. Our bill is expensive, and we don't need as many services. I called in and asked about switching from TWC to Spectrum. Talked to a rep (who actually seemed interested), and he quoted me out $144 + tax for basic cable and 60 Mbps internet. He said it would be $30 more if we wanted 100 Mbps internet plus $99 one-time fee for setup. As a network engineer, the fee is laughable because it doesn't take much to set this up, but that's not my main issue here. I told the rep that I wished they offered the $29/mo deal to existing TWC customers, and he said another customer service rep could help to see if there were any better discounts.

He transferred me to a woman that quoted me $166/mo for the same service. She then said the 100 Mbps upgrade would be $60 more and a one-time fee of $199. I then explained that the first rep had quoted me much lower, and she said one of us was lying, but she didn't think it was me. During our entire conversation, she continuously had a mouthful of food, and I had to ask her to repeat herself several times! The best part is that I had 2 colleagues in my office when I called because of other horrific customer service experiences with Spectrum. They just sat there shaking their heads... I asked the rep several more times about other options, and she became annoyed and said that this was all available. I wish I would have committed with the first rep!

If I could leave a negative 5 I would. I am a person with great credit scores, pay my bills on time and NEVER in my life have I ever worked with such a bad company as Spectrum. I don't live in a city and my internet goes down all the time - customer service is very rude and this company will not work with you. These companies are getting too big and just want your money for crap. DON'T GET SPECTRUM!

I do not even know where to start. This company has lied to me so many times. Back in July I called to get the phone service added to my existing cable, internet and alarm service and was told my bill would go up $7 dollars. Well of course I was excited about that until I got the bill and it was $100 dollars more than usual. So of course I called back in and was informed that the $7 was incorrect! So I then in turn ask them to remove this phone service and also put in a disconnect because I was moving on August 31, 2017.

Well I get home on 8/23/2017 and all my services are disconnected. So I give the TWC a call back and boy do I feel like I have been dragged through the mud and stomped on! I literally was on the phone for 2.5 hours on 8/23/17 and talked to 7 different customer service reps that would tell me they couldn't get my service back on even though it was TWC error. One guy even told me I needed to pay the final bill to get my service restored! (HUH???) I then asked him to speak to a supervisor and he told me NO because they were only going to tell me the same thing. So I told him I did not care I wanted to speak with a supervisor, so he transfers me to yet another customer service rep and I had to start all over once again with this dilemma!

I finally get someone who actually sides with me and says they can get it restored because it was their fault and she cannot get it reconnected so she transfers me. So this person number 7 tells me I have to call back in the morning because the department that can get this restored is closed at 9pm. This time it’s 11pm. I had been on the phone since about 830pm. Ok so now its 7:45am on 8/24/2017, I call TWC explain the last night’s nightmare to the rep and we are back to square 1 with them wanting me to pay the final bill which I have not even received by the way and advise her that this was not what I was told on my last transfer last night! So I get transferred AGAIN and then was told a supervisor would call me back and they were going to correct the situation and never received a call back.

So I called them back and was told I could not get the service restored because it had been totally disconnected and to get service I would have to start a new service. So I have talked to at least 15 different reps in 2 days and still never got the issue resolved or ever spoke to a supervisor, not to mention I called the headquarters and was transferred. At that point I could not take it anymore so I just hung up. I will NEVER use this company in the future. I have never been treated and lied to like this with any other company!

If possible, never do business with Spectrum (formerly Time-Warner). Customer service is the poorest I have ever experienced. Discovered them digging in my yard one day to replace their cable which did not work any longer (I was not a subscriber at this point). Their effort so far had damaged my lawn, broken the sidewalk with their boring machine, and broke a lawn sprinkler head. I opened a complaint and was assured that damage would be taken care of. Met on site with both Spectrum rep and contractor rep who documented problem.

Since my house was for sale, I think they decided to just ignore problems. I had to purchase a sprinkler head and fix the damaged irrigation system myself when the rep who was supposed to fix it just did not return as scheduled. I made several calls for reimbursement of repair expenses and was told that someone would call me but they just don't. This is why I don't do business with them as they do not care about customers. Mathew ** was the supervisor from Spectrum I met with and Mike ** from Cat 5 was the rep who was to repair the damaged sprinkler. My claim number was 103884. Should anyone care to verify my complaint. They can change their name but their services remain poor at best and dishonest at worst.

Very displeased in the manner that my order was handled. First off I explained the exact services that were needed. Then the sales representative were offering me products that I did not want and I explain that at the initial start, the sales representative told me that I had to get various products or else I was unable to buy services. The manner that he handled this was only to make me get a higher bill. I do not like to feel pimped when I'm trying to learn about new services and I'm explaining the budget and the services that I need.

Finally after speaking to three customer service reps that had given me different information I finally came to an agreement to get cable. My cable was supposed to be installed and the technician never showed up. He lied explain that he left the door tag on my door which he never did. I didn't even receive a courtesy call to let me know that he was on his way even though that was not necessary because I've been waiting for him for hours.

Every time I called the customer service line I got a different story, various lies, and they kept explaining how they were going to escalate tickets to the department that handles the installation of their products. It's now almost midnight and my appointment was at 6 and I still have not heard anything from this company. I actually called at least four or five times to verify when and if they were going to give me a call in regards to my services be installed and I'm just very upset about this. You take people's money, you charge them a ridiculous price, and your staff is under-educated about your products and what to offer for your clients.

This is not feasible and it is unethical to have someone bullied into buying your services that they don't need and then to hire inappropriate staff that don't show up to their schedule appointments. This is ridiculous! And everybody in the customer service is just telling lie after lie after lie to cover up to insinuate that they're doing an effective job. Please do not utilize this company. It is a rip-off and the customer services are horrible and again I say horrible. I am heated.

Latin community in Louisville is feeling that Spectrum is acting wrong. We expected to be better and instead They do changes affecting our community. They offered a Latin package and it was ok until They started taken channels out of that package. That means, We continue paying the same for a latin package but they placed Univision, Univision Novelas, Estrella tv and others in a more expensive package. We wonder when those channels stopped being Latin and became American or European. We wonder why If UNIVISION was part of INSIGHT, TIME WARNER CABLE. Now Spectrum decide to take it out the Latin or Spanish package.

Price quote is never what you are charged when you call. There is always a reason they can't give you the price quoted, when you have a problem you are expected to resolve your problem with internet or tv, you are always on the phone at least 45 min. What a waste of time, they always say "we will call you back". Never happens, equipment is junk. Gone through 2 or 3 modems and 3 cable boxes in a year at the shop and home, they always tell you they are plug and play. They never work. Always half hour or more on phone. They expect you to take their bad equipment to one of their stores to exchange it. Maybe it would be a good idea if you come out and replace your defective equipment. If you need help they can send a tech out in 3 or 4 days. Wow what great service, if we ran our business the way you run yours we would be out of business!

I urgently called and chatted many times (because of their bad chat connection, technical system and useless customer service) including a 30 min hold to talk to a SUPERVISOR which I did NOT get to talk to. I needed my phone records (something VERY normal to ask for at a phone company) and literally took me 2 days to talk to the one in charge and said it would take another 2-3 weeks to receive that, while I contacted my other phone company and received that same type of info in 10 min. They just apologized but did not solve my issue and wasted hours of my time for nothing. Definitely one of my worst experiences with a phone company ever. I do not wish this to anyone so if you have other options, please do not become their customer!!!

My internet stopped working so I contacted Time Warner Spectrum and the earliest they could get a tech out to fix the problem was 4 days later. I was assured I would receive a call PRIOR to the tech's arrival which never happened. When I did receive the call that the tech was on their way, I said "Great, I will be there in 5 minutes" (I work 2 minutes from my apartment). When I pulled into my street, literally 3 minutes later, the tech (female named Joan) was leaving and would not stop even though I did everything possible for over 8 miles to get her attention, while I am on the phone with customer service.

The only thing I got from customer service was that TWS was not obligated to call before the tech arrived and the tech was not obligated to wait. I think they drill "not obligated" into every service rep's head because they all repeat it like robots. Sooo, after I tell customer service what I think of their service and their "obligations" and request to speak with a supervisor. I go through my story again and get the same exact responses except that this guy doesn't have a supervisor. When I asked him if he owned the company he replied no, so I told him I wanted someone that could fix my problem. He sent me to an out of the country call center.

This was the only customer service representative that actually helped me. She called the dispatch for my area and they miraculously had another tech that can come that afternoon to fix my internet. Again, I was assured I would receive a call PRIOR to the tech's arrival which never happened. I happened to see the second tech arrive through my remote security camera so I was able to get home before they left. This time it is a male tech that indeed fixed my internet by running a brand new cable from the outside box to my receiver. He was very pleasant and helpful.

The internet worked for about 6 hours. I called TWS again because my internet isn't working. I also find out that the apartment next to me is having the same issue which tells me that the new cable that was run had nothing to do with the issue. This time it is going to take 3 days to get a tech to fix it. Again, I was assured I would receive a call PRIOR to the tech's arrival which never happened.

Lucky me, Joan was the tech. This time I had my downstairs neighbor stay with her while she worked because I had already missed too much time from work dealing with TWS. Joan was sarcastic, rude, and condescending for the whole 5 minutes it took me to let her in, have my neighbor come upstairs and inform Joan that my neighbor would be the over 18 person staying at the apartment while she worked.

This time Joan did fix my internet, so when the second tech that came 2 hours later to fix my neighbor's internet, it was already fixed by whatever Joan did in the box outside. That evening, I went to watch TV in my bedroom and that receiver doesn't work. Hmmm, it worked fine before Joan came. I called TWS a 4th time and now they can't get another tech out until 6 days later. Oh, and again, I was assured I would receive a call PRIOR to the tech's arrival which never happened (I am sure you are seeing the pattern of never getting notified before any of the techs arrive).

I was so upset at this point that my husband went out to look at the box (which was unlocked) but there was such a spider web of wires he didn't dare touch anything for fear of messing up someone else's service. Lucky me, 6 days later Joan shows up. Actually lucky Joan because my husband was able to be home to deal with her.

She never even came to the apartment, my husband happened to look out the window and saw her at the box outside. He went out and got the same attitude she had given me. She simply hooked up the correct wire (locked the box this time) and was going to leave. My husband asked if she was going to come inside to see if the problem was fixed. Her response was "Well, I guess I could".

I truly believe that this tech, Joan, intentionally unhooked my secondary receiver. She never even looked at my equipment inside, she knew exactly what the problem was before she even got to my place. She tried to fix the issue and get out of there without anyone knowing. She never attempted to confirm the issue was resolved until my husband suggested it to her.

When I was on the phone with my husband because after she had left he called to tell me about his experience with Joan. I received an automated call from TWS telling me Joan is on her way. I'm not sure which is the worst customer service is, never calling when they say they will or calling after the tech has been and gone. Neither one is the least bit helpful.

This company is a nightmare. Their customer service is no help (maybe they're not obligated to). Unfortunately, I live in a historic building and cannot install a dish for either Dish Network or DirecTV. This only leaves me 2 options; TWS or antenna. That antenna with 5 stations is actually looking good if it means I never have to deal with TWS again. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not be mesmerized by Time Warner Spectrum's supposed deals. If you are thinking of using this company, run fast and far away. If you are still thinking about using them, please, just ask one person that is already using it and I bet you will change your mind.

Time Warner Cable, now Spectrum, has no set prices and charges different prices to different customers. Besides that, they also lie to you over the phone telling you your gouged price has just been lowered, which it hasn't. This strategy is a business model. I never asked New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman directly for help, I'd simply cc'd him a few times my ongoing TWC/Spectrum ordeal with arbitrary price increases and two months worth of lies. A.G. Eric Schneiderman finally got my TV-only bill decreased, his office sent me a letter telling me they had spoken with TWC/Spectrum and that all was taken care of. But before that happened, when I had called TWC/Spectrum for the 3rd time, the first thing the customer service rep. said to me was, "Did you contact NYS Attorney General Eric Schneiderman?" "YES," I replied. Thank you A.G. Schneiderman!

I saw an ad mail about a Time Warner Spectrum cable TV ad with a good deal. I called time Warner Spectrum because I was interested in this deal. A rep from Time Warner Spectrum was telling me this deal is not what you thought it would but I can honor another deal for you. So I agreed and she told if you don't like our service in 30 days your money is 100% back money guarantee so I agreed to get the cable TV based on the information she provided me over the phone.

But then after a few weeks I get a bill in the mail. I was getting over billed and the amount was incorrect so I decided to cancel my cable TV service and get my money back. So I called Time Warner Spectrum to let them that this not what agreed to and I wanna cancel my cable TV service and not pay for service. To make my story short Time Warner didn't honor the 30 days money back guarantee and made me pay the pro-rated amount I owe for the cable TV. I was really disappointed with their customer service and how they handled my situations.

Since May Spectrum (Time Warner) couldn't install Internet and Phone services in our Hair Salon. They used different excuses and explanations, but refused to do anything. I filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau and FCC. After complaints were filed I immediately saw a lot of activities. All representatives I spoke to since initial filing advised to me to cancel my order and forget about Time Warner. But employee specifically assigned to the case assured me that he will fix everything and presented sincere apologies. It took him more than a month, but eventually the installation appointment was scheduled for Monday July 24, between 11 AM and 2 PM. I was there at 10:30 AM and left around 3 PM. No one showed up, no one called.

I called scheduling office and talked to supervisor Mark. He told me that technicians were busy with other work (more important work) and therefore my appointment was rescheduled for July 28. He stated that my consent to accept the appointment wasn't necessary and he was allowed to do what he wanted. I told him that we can't do July 28, because we do use Internet (via current carrier) for credit card transaction and Friday is a very busy day. He stated that it would be no problem and he would call me back with more information. Today I called scheduling office again and supervisor Michelle (equally rude and obnoxious) informed that the entire order has been canceled on Monday July 24, based on Mark's judgment. I clearly understand that it was a retaliation from big company to the customer, my initial complaints irritated a lot of people in Spectrum.

The merge of Time Warner with Spectrum have reduced the original 5 or 6 tier Internet options to only 2 tier high price Internet options (starting from $65+tax and up for existing Time Warner customers) in my area in Kentucky. For those with lower income and do have needs super fast speed (60 MB), this high price is unbearable. The service to my previous Time Warner lower speed and cheaper Internet has also been getting worse at the same time. After merging, the loss of connection has become much more often, could be several times within an hour. The solely high price Internet options will make the already bad digital divide situation in Kentucky worse. Their service quality also seems to decrease significantly after merging.

Had a roommate who left went in to get my service switched into my brother's name. I went in Friday spoke to a gentlemen, explained everything and was told to simply bring in the equipment. Saturday I go in after work with my brother. This time we were assisted by Alyssa **, again we explained everything, bought in everything. It was close to the end of the day but I work in customer service, there is Never a reason to make a customer feel like they are bothering you as soon as they come up.

We let that go, kept a smile on my face, she then stated I needed my lease. We hopped back in the car and went and got it. Came back and she again took us to help us, we get back and she proceeds to tell me oh I need to wait till the service is disconnected next month (basically run someone else's bill up) then she says "well your brother needs to be on the lease." (very very rude) I kindly asked her (at this point I am upset) why when I spoke to her when I was in here the first time did she not explain that to me then? She Stated "Oh Well"?! I am livid. I could never and would never speak to anyone like that especially at work?! She does not need to be in customer service!!! I will be going up there to speak to a manager.

Time Warner/Spectrum charge excessive amount to old customers for internet service. I signed up for internet service about two years ago, the amount I paid was between $45 to $50 dollars per month. After about one-year time of service, Time Warner increased this rate to $80 dollars, was told promotion ended. What promotion? Never was told it was a promotion. But, I see they offer $30 service to new customers with TV and internet. After few months they raise the rate again to now $90 and when I called them I was told by the representative that the bill went up because of a converter box that was sent out to me last year. Again, was not told of any promotion. The representative just said she was sending out a converter box because she saw I wasn't getting the service I was paying for. So, I drove to the physical store and returned the box.

Called Time Warner/Spectrum, told the representative I returned the box, was told by the representative that my bill would go back down to $80. Got my bill. It is still at $90. Called Time Warner/Spectrum and the representative told me that it wasn't the box, it was my service. That the service promotion had ended. What the heck! He went on to say that the service was now at its full price... After, I took the time, gas and energy to return the box that one representative told me I was paying extra for. First of all, I was never told about any promotional offer when I started with the service. Secondly, the representative are all telling you different things.

I plan on filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and The BBB against Time Warner/Spectrum for their deceitful business practices. I am absolutely going to cancel their service! It doesn't matter if I go to a company that has a contract. I would rather pay for good customer service, (not like the incompetent nincompoops that work at Time Warner/Spectrum), a company that is honest, and a company that actually cares about their customers. The way Time Warner/Spectrum is running their business cheating and lying to their customers, I pray they go belly up soon.

Call Spectrum at 3 pm to get internet. Rep talked me into getting cable as well for 78.90 total. Called at 8 b/c I did not get a email with FedEx tracking for modem and dvr. I called and was told that the rep didn't enter in my cable b/c it would be more than 78$. Transferred twice and was told that I would have to pay 20$ more. Heard about Time Warner being crooked. I assumed the stories were overblown. I was wrong. Spectrum bought them out but they are still shady. New name same unethical practices. Tremendously let down that I have to deal with AT&T whose reputation is a little better than Time Warner Spectrum.

I had TWC about 15 years ago and I swore I'd never go back. Why oh why didn't I listen to myself?! Their customer service was horrendous back then. I switched to AT&T and been with them all these years. I decided to jump ship because all I kept hearing was how great TWC/Spectrum is now. I know Road Runner (TWC) was always the internet out there. Don't be fooled. Road Runner has gone "beep beep" into the great unknown. Don't even think like I did, that this internet service is anything like it used to be. I needed a great, fast internet as I have cut the cable cord and gone all streaming now. We got TWC installed one month ago and it was great for about 2 days then the problems started. A snail moves faster than their so called fast internet. Service started going in and out, always "loading" from games on my phone, to the pc to Netflix and Hulu.

We couldn't watch anything without interruption every minute. I did internet speed tests in all the rooms in my house and everywhere the speed tested 2 mbps up to 7 mbps. I had the package with up to 60 mbps. I called and they tried to tell me that it was probably interference in my neighborhood and I stopped them in their tracks and said "No way." I have apps on my pc that show all the networks in my area and channels and signal strengths, etc. That much interference? Uh uh. They switched the internet channel. That helped for 2 to 3 days and the problems started all over again.

I called again and once again the tech guy tried a few things from having me erase the "cookies" on my pc and rebooting the modem. This guy was rude and acted like I was an idiot when I am a wannabe techie. I couldn't understand him in the first place because his English sucked. Well this fix helped for another 3 days at best and you know what I'm going to say... problems once again with the speed.

I continued speed tests, also in my Netflix settings. Speed tested through Netflix was at less than 2 mbps. By this time I am outraged. How is that? The service gets "fixed" and then 2 or 3 days later goes back to the same issues? We only had TWC for a month, after 3 phone calls with the same results I called it quits. I couldn't bear it and went RUNNING back to AT&T. Got AT&T installed yesterday and WOW what a freaking huge difference! So glad I dumped TWC and I tell you this time I will follow my heart and never go back again. And by the way when I called TWC to cancel my services, the lady was so rude about it. She kept pushing me to have a tech come out to my house because it was "probably an equipment" issue. I kept sternly saying just cancel my service please. She started asking me personal questions about why I was cancelling, even asking how much I would be paying at my new company.

I told that lady off so fast telling her I didn't have to tell her anything. She then started saying "Ok we'll schedule an appointment for a tech to come to your house"... blah, blah, blah! That's when I really got pissed and insisted they cancel my service immediately. She very curtly said "Ok fine... anything else? Goodbye then" and hung up! I double checked with my account online to make sure it was cancelled and it was so that was a relief. I think TWC is crooked, falsely advertising fast speeds when the actual speeds don't measure up at all. Do they think people don't check that stuff? Really. Anyway, good riddance. I want to give a shout out and apology to AT&T for ever leaving them. It won't happen again!

I had TWC for 3 years and recently switched to ATT. I dropped off my equipment and was informed that I would receive a refund. Instead I received a bill for $ 2.02. I call to question the bill and I am informed there is NO way for me to review the charges. I asked that a detailed bill be sent and all I received was a obnoxious representative that told me to just pay the bill. I have ATT now and could not be happier.

Received my bill today. It had been $127 monthly for the Triple Play service - now it is $368. When I called customer service, they were nice, but told me an audit found that I was not using their cable modem - but my own - and that I no longer qualified for the bundle price. They did not call or email me with the changes. So I am going through the process of dropping Spectrum - they are unwilling to match the price of the bundle price I signed up for. This is the reason many have dropped their high price cable - they don't think about their customer. Who would think a customer, willing to pay $127 a month for service - would suddenly be willing to pay 3 times that. No customer service - from my perspective.

Until May of 2017 I paid $53. I moved and asked for a transfer service. The lady on the phone said: "nothing is going to change, you and your bill will not get higher". JUNE bill: suddenly $63. So $10 higher. I called and they said: your discount has expired. JULY bill: $73 because that offer has expired too. So now $20 higher. You cannot contact them. You only get call centers from abroad.

Internet has gone out twice in two weeks and had horrible experience each time I call in whether it's for tech or billing issue. Found out that X amount of customers have to call in before an outage is declared. For company that is in technology business that is very low tech and horrible way to do business and then refuse to compensate for time loss if you work from home for loss of wages due to the TWC fault. Not only do they not value their customers but they have horrible customer service when you call and that's saying a lot when I work in customer service industry.

Just to give an idea on the length of calls: I called at 11:30 pm CST due the Internet down and didn't get off till about 12:15. I asked throughout the call for them to check for an outage but since not enough people has called in yet they wanted to send a tech out. AN HOUR later I get call from dispatch that there was an outage declared at 109 CST. That's 1.5 hrs AFTER I called that it was declared. Get with time and upgrade your stuff and train your employees better not hire outside the US where they can't speak or understand English. You can bet I won't EVER recommend this company to anyone.

I had TWC which was recently bought by Spectrum. I have several complaints. 1) The deluge of costly TV ads when the money should be spent lowering our bills. And the ads lie about their wonderful customer service. 2) No way to give feedback by email on their website. 3) TWC said prices would go down with Spectrum; they have not. 4) I have to reboot by cable box at least once a week. 5) Sound will cut out until I change channel and switch back.

My bill recently went up $20 and the reason was because my promotion ended. What promotion? I have been with TWC for 2 years and after their new customer pricing ended after 1 year, they raised the price. Now after the 2nd year they are claiming another promotion ended? So it appears each year is a promotion which consist of a 20% increase. WOW is being installed in my community so as soon as I can, I will switch to them. I am not naive and know that this too will happen, but I will stay with them until they get outrageous. I am retired but it seems like all these providers care about is new customers and not those on fixed income. Business 101 says it is more expensive to get new customers than to keep current ones. But I guess as long as you gauge the current ones, it all evens out.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

In 1989 when Time, Inc. and Warner Communications merged, the first seeds were planted for what would become one of the nation's largest cable television networks. Time Warner is headquartered in New York City.

• Pay in store: Consumers who prefer to pay with cash can visit Time Warner retail locations.
  • Big on-demand catalog: More than 10,000 shows and movies are pre-loaded on the Time Warner on-demand service.
  • Mobile viewing: Customers can view programming on their smartphone or tablet.
  • Enjoy Internet access: With Time Warner, viewers get access to a network of more than 400,000 WiFi hotspot locations.
  • Bundled services: Time Warner also offers discounted Internet and phone service bundles.
  • Best for Television fans who watch a range of programs, households on a budget and businesses who provide entertainment to customers or staff members.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers