Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.82/5
Based on 2,358 ratings submitted in the last year

2567 Time Warner Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Pricing is out of site, I have a bundle and it's way more expensive than others plus they offer great deals to new customers instead of rewarding long term customers. In addition they advertise programs like Netflix which are not available.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Spectrum News, NY1, provides excellent coverage of current NY news, community, and medical topics. The journalists represent a great variety of backgrounds with personal knowledge of and commitment to different parts of NYC. They give friendly, well-intentioned, useful, and insightful coverage as well as investigative reporting that is not unpleasantly biased.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

We just moved from Indiana to Texas and from Comcast to Spectrum (Time Warner) and the cost is much less. We will see if that continues as we exceed the first year of the service. Their phone customer service is excellent.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

The problem I have with this company is the monthly bill keeps going higher and higher. We have no other cable choices where I live so they have a monopoly and no competition. May not be able to afford to have cable much longer.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I brought in some equipment to swap out and the young lady who assisted me was just fantastic. Her name was Aliesa and she not only assisted me in exchanging the equipment, but she was able to reduce the amount of my monthly bill. She was respectful, thanking me when I presented my license when she asked for it; thanking me for signing the receipt; and telling me to have a nice day as I left. What a wonderful experience! And despite the long lines, she didn't rush me. She did everything right. Give this girl a raise.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Time Warner?

Original review: July 13, 2019

Set up service call on 2 different occasions and made arrangements to be here at the scheduled times. On both occasions, the tech did not show up. After several attempts to find out what happened I was told that I had canceled the appointment. I had not! I never even spoke to anyone until they did not show. Why not even a message on my answering service or Email (both of which I pay Spectrum for). After 3 more phone calls to Spectrum and being put on hold, the message tone I got said it was probably my fault they were canceled and I could reschedule for another day. No solution to today's problem and no guarantee they would show after missing the last 2 schedules. Customer Service???? I don't think that is in their market plans.

Original review: June 27, 2019

As the victim of a stalker, I often report phone numbers to the appropriate companies and they are willing to assist me in suspending the individual's account but not Time Warner. You know what they are going to do? Not a darn thing. That's right. They are going to be nasty, offer no help, ignore you on the phone, type and not say a darn word (that one does not know if they are still part of your conversation,) offer no assistance, and tell you that they do not have a fraud department who helps individuals. Yes, you read all of that correctly. So, please be warned that if someone calls you telling you that they want to do naughty things to you, it is just fine according to Time Warner. Folks, take your business elsewhere.

Original review: June 16, 2019

When I moved the apartment, I also moved the internet service too. At that time, the sales rep told me that I will get the discount for 100 mb/s. And some time later, I have connection problems, I called to tech support. They said my limited speed is 73 mb/s. So, technically I am being cheated. So I called again to speak with sales and tech. One said I am supposed to get 100 mbs and one said I am only allow to get 70. So I called a month later to check again, so I will only get 60 mbs. Spectrum is cheating. I don't know this is allowed to do by law.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I wish I could give negative stars. Time Warner Spectrum sets the standard for incompetence. Internet goes out at least five times a day, I am not exaggerating. It’s impossible to work from home because it’s constantly going down, like clockwork. Absolutely terrible product and service, and to make matters worse the customer service is simply abysmal. They won’t do anything about it and they’ll keep charging insanely overpriced rates. Steer far, far away.

Original review: March 2, 2019

They suck. First installment date they didnt install the right equipment. Following day their guy came ripping through my apartment saying how he doesn't get paid enough, screaming and swearing on the phone, opening our door and throwing things in and out. 2nd month of bill got charged over 50 bucks. Don't think I should have been charged for the second installment at all with it being their mess up and how rude the technician was. Will be switching.

Time Warner expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In 1989 when Time, Inc. and Warner Communications merged, the first seeds were planted for what would become one of the nation's largest cable television networks. Time Warner is headquartered in New York City.

• Pay in store: Consumers who prefer to pay with cash can visit Time Warner retail locations.

• Big on-demand catalog: More than 10,000 shows and movies are pre-loaded on the Time Warner on-demand service.

• Mobile viewing: Customers can view programming on their smartphone or tablet.

• Enjoy Internet access: With Time Warner, viewers get access to a network of more than 400,000 WiFi hotspot locations.

• Bundled services: Time Warner also offers discounted Internet and phone service bundles.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, households on a budget and businesses who provide entertainment to customers or staff members.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs