Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.05/5

QuickBooks Online Simple Start’s intuitive tabs and graphics make it a good choice for people new to online billing, invoicing and accounting. This software is compatible with iOS and Android systems. Simple Start costs $40 a month, but discounts are available during sales. There is also a 30-day free trial.

QuickBooks Online Simple Start Learn More

Hiring? Post your job today.

Reach top candidates on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Hiring? Post your job today.

Reach top candidates on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

QuickBooks Online Simple Start Reviews

Original review: May 22, 2020

Purchased the Quickbooks online payroll core service. Site has frequent issues, refers you to call for assistance but the phone number is disconnected, chat services are VERY slow. Agents are chatting with far too many people at once so it takes an hour to have a simple conversation. Just a poor product with really poor customer service to back it up. Don't use them.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Stay away. They are experiencing bad cash flow during covid-19, so they are delaying customer payments to bank account. It's been 20 days and they are just playing games and holding funds because they probably loaned it out on interest.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2020

Stay away from this company! 1. I believed their ad. 2. Subscribed. 3. 10 min later, I was declined certain feature that was included subscription while setup account. They tell me it's business reason. No more detail. 4. I want to refund. They said 'No' 5. WTF? 6. One thing you would mind before using this ** company. 7. They will ask your bank access # and account password. 8. Those you never want to share with. 9. I haven't seen this kind of ** for a while. 10. Stay away from this company. They will request your bank access # and password.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I had a business account made under a trial period. Just before the trial ended, I found a link to a discounted membership price online and decided to sign up for the membership. Initially I thought once I signed in before I entered in my credit information that it will go to the already existing account I had under the trial period but it didn't. Instead, it created a completely new account which I cancelled as I was told I can't port over to the previous account I had already made.

I was told by an agent that I will be receiving a refund the same day as it was made and cancelled the same day. I called about a week to check in and was told by another agent that, "A refund will be issued, please call back if it doesn't show up on your account." I called again today only to be informed that I will not be getting my refund, period. Lost all the trust I initially had for the company and I hope the money which I now won't be getting back would keep the company going and help come up with solutions for similar case that I had in the future.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I am trying to set up a VERY simple QuickBooks account for managing my one-person business, so that I can pay myself and avoid paying self-employment taxes. I have now spent over 4.5 hours on the phone with QuickBooks "support". During that time, they have set up three different accounts (three different types of account). None of them work, none are what I want, none are what I asked for, and every time I call, I get another incompetent person that tells me everything I have done so far is WRONG, and that they have to start from scratch. I have now been charged for all three of these accounts, and I cannot seem to get a refund for any of them. I'm sick of this -- I'm done with these jerks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about QuickBooks Online Simple Start?

Original review: April 3, 2020

This ** so called "bookkeeping" company charged me for yearly subscription two times "accidentally" and never returned my extra payment even after they emailed to me an apology letter and confirmation about return. It took for me many days and many hours on phone conversations with them. Every new agent knows nothing, cant find payments history etc etc. They do not see anything on their side. I can not see on my side even payment history. It is not available. I can not cancel this nightmare subscription on my end, because there is no option at all.

This salespeople and customer service never can answer my simple question "how much is a yearly subscription?" They can not clearly tell me when is my renew month/day. One time they say one day, another representative tells me another month/day. THIS IS TOTALLY SCAM TEAM. AVOID THEM! It is DISHONEST, NIGHTMARE company. In my understanding, bookkeeping company has to have things in a perfect order. And this Quick Books Intuit company is completely opposite.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Quickbooks online is one of the worst pieces of software. It has constant issue and these issues are huge! They stop Quickbooks form functioning at all. If you are using Quickbooks for your books I would double check everything. If Quickbooks can't show simple info correctly why would anyone trust that it is balancing mass amounts of numbers correctly. Every piece of software Intuit is brought out is cheap and shows complete disrespect to their clients. Quickbooks has issue after issue and sometimes does not work for days on end. Once you finally waste your valuable time waiting for their support staff to connect, they know very little and are honestly incompetent. I had an older lady once that could not answer a simple question about the process of Quickbooks. She literally said "Let's Google this together". If you are a trained professional I expect a quick answer and for the issue to be taken care of.

I have been waiting now for 2 weeks for them to fix the connection between US Bank and Quickbooks. No business should have to wait that long to see where their numbers sit. I think Intuit should be held accountable for swarming a market of honest people trying to run a company. Intuit has crushed all its competition and then seriously dropped the ball for business owner everywhere with their products.

Original review: March 14, 2020

Presently on the phone for the last 92 minutes with 3 different reps. just to cancel a product that was already cancelled. But, Somehow they charged my credit card again. JUST AMAZING HOW A COMPANY SUCH AS THIS, DOES NOT GET IN TROUBLE BY ONE OF THE MANY GOVERNMENT AGENCIES. Just want to say, thank you Consumer Affairs Dept. At least something to do, You guys need a better spot on the Google, so others may see you quicker, Not make the same mistake.

Original review: March 1, 2020

Non existent customer "service". I received an email stating my subscription could not be billed. I tried to update billing info online as requested. No go. I called, and was informed support was not available. I'm trying to run a business here and need to be focused on my clients, not ineptitude on QuickBooks part.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

New customers will probably be happy at first. We were happy when we started using QBO 6 years ago. Now we are wondering why doesn't QBO care about their current customers??? Between lack of customer service and pricing models that only favor new customers, I have become very frustrated with Quickbooks Online (QBO).

First, it frustrates me so much when a company only offers new pricing options to new customers but does not allow customers have been using QBO (QuickBooks Online) for 6 years to get the deal! We switched to being under a wholesale bookkeeping company last year and QBO is making the wholesale company pay them the full cost for the QBO Plus software for our company; QBO tells our bookkeeping company that because we had this software before we were under them, they must pay full price and can't get the discounted wholesale price, yet we as the end-user do not see any of this going on.

The only reason I found out about this was today, I asked my bookkeeping service company how much more it would be to increase to the QBO Advanced (because the popups for the offering are constantly appearing in my QBO Plus even if I close them) and they informed me of how QBO is charging them full-price for our company because we had the software beforehand. I can't believe QBO does not care about its wholesalers and its current customers to make it work.

Second, I am seriously considering switching from QBO because they drive me insane with their lack of customer service and follow through on any feedback you send them. I have experience with QBO Plus, their merchant services, their Projects, and their API, and they are so disconnected with customer service. Their software has so many flaws and they just keep adding to it and not fixing the old stuff. Their feedback system gives the run around in circles and the live chat has been very unhelpful on several occasions. Also, the Word Document feed to create your own template is glitchy and unreliable. Don't be fooled by how great it sounds. Keep in mind that many of those who are using QBO are dealing with its flaws but stuck in the struggle of balancing running a business and the time it takes to search and learn another new software.

QuickBooks Online Simple Start author review by Shelley Elmblad

QuickBooks Online is developed by Intuit, a long time leader in accounting software for small- to mid-sized businesses and tax software. There’s a 30-day free trial with iOS, Android and Blackberry apps.

• How much does QuickBooks cost?: At $12.95 per month, the Simple Start version is a low-cost way to send invoices and have access to a good set of small business accounting features. If a business eventually needs more features, it’s easy to upgrade to higher versions of QuickBooks for $26.95 to $39.95 per month, and $39 per month for payroll services. To accept invoices, you need to use Intuit Merchant Services for $19.95 per month plus per transaction and other fees.

• Signing up: When you sign up for free trial, it’s strongly suggested you should add payroll service. Look for “continue without payroll” button if you’re not interested in that feature. An upgrade to a higher version for another $14 per month is required for recurring invoices.

• Grows with business: If your business grows, you can add the ability to manage and pay bills, have multiple people use QuickBooks Online simultaneously, manage payroll and add inventory management features.

• Easy to use: QuickBooks Online Simple Start is very easy to use with intuitive tabs and graphics and was designed for people who are new to online billing and invoicing and accounting in general.

• No limits: Send unlimited invoices and estimates.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

QuickBooks Online Simple Start Company Information