Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.01/5

QuickBooks Online Simple Start Reviews

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Had difficulty with online service. For some reason my w2 was not created and missing on the online service. After 1 hour still no resolution. Customer service forced me to stay on line. Stated no way to work on problem unless I am there. They need a way for someone to put a ticket in and then they get back to you when resolution reached. If there is any other program out there for you to use I would use that instead!!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I wondered if this software could be used in another language as well and when I did the online chat, they told me it is working. So I checked their website and as it said 30 free trial as well as 60 days money back guarantee, I felt confident to being able to give it a try. Actually it did not work in the language I need and when I checked with them again (chat), they told me I have to switch my browser to that language - but this is not what I asked for. I only need this software in another language. So no worries, I just tried to reach them in order to use the money back guarantee...

After being on the phone with them for 73 minutes (!!!) now, they told me that they will not pay back anything and there is no trial either. So I finally have to pay for a product I cannot use at all and that gave me the impression I would be able to test and find out. It is now "only" one month I have to pay for, but I'd rather have given that money to anyone who would really need it than to a company that takes advantage of customers by telling them one thing and than not going up to it. Maybe the product is great (I don't know), but the customer service definitely sucks.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

The Chat option is not working and neither is the phone. When I finally did get someone, I got disconnected. I have issues regarding taxes which are due soon and NO one is available to resolve. You are talking to a chat room in India and they have no clue how to help. Time to look for another software option. I am paying alot of money for nothing.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

The product is valuable, there is no question about that, but the customer service is absolutely horrendous. It is always over 45 minutes to get ahold of anyone that can offer any sort of assistance, and for an accounting software, they've made numerous mistakes with billing that I have to spend over an hour to have correct each time. This company has a severely deficient volume of staff.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I've been this company for a year. I have the premium subscription (or whatever they call it). I called them on Monday Jan-6-2020. I waited for 2,5 HOURS! The only answer I received was "the system isn't working properly, I"ll generated a ticket to fix this issue." A week later I still have the same issue. On top of all, they do not longer receive phone calls, everything has to be through the "Help Button' and it's a FAQ icon! What a crappy service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about QuickBooks Online Simple Start?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

On hold now, with QuickBooks for the umpteenth time. This company is TERRIBLE. Does not pay on time. Does not respond in a timely fashion to calls about late payments. Does not offer any kind of normal, responsive customer service. The silly phone message is now telling me that there are other ways to "get help" – chats, email, whatever! What a joke!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

On hold for over 45 minutes waiting for support. QB is very buggy with my MacBook, even when I use Chrome. Log in is erratic and most times requires repeated attempts. Sometimes can't get in. My life has become much more complicated trying to make QB work. Terrible support. I would throw it all away if I could.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

We’ve spent at least 12 hours trying to get an issue resolved that is not allowing us to do payroll. Then Quickbooks offers to upsell us the online version. If they can’t fix the issue I already have why would I pay more? Then they will bring out the geniuses?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

While Quickbooks itself is a good accounting software, it isn't without glitches and problems. To get support for the problems is a painful process. Plan to waste an entire day with the support desk, as they will place you on hold numerous times, tell you they are helping multiple people at a time so you have to keep waiting for them to queue back to you. When they come back to you they can't remember why they are on the phone with you so have you repeat the process over and over. If you go above their heads to "the office of the president" be prepared for the runaround. When that office fixed the problem the support desk couldn't, they created a glitch to which they wouldn't help fix! Instead telling me I had to go through the support desk again to fix that problem. It's a never ending horrible system.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

It took months to get full-service payroll set up and after I FINALLY got a rep on the phone I was assured all taxes would automatically come out. There is an Occupational Privilege tax in Denver, Colorado my accountant caught in reviewing my account which has never been paid. I now have to pay that and all the fees that go along with it. To top it off when I called Quick Books and requested the service be cancelled, I was informed there will be a 150.00 fee for cancelling this useless service! I’ve never experienced such incompetence and lack of customer service! Never again.

Not sure about QuickBooks Online Simple Start?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Online Billing and Invoicing Software for you.

QuickBooks Online Simple Start expert review by Shelley Elmblad

QuickBooks Online is developed by Intuit, a long time leader in accounting software for small- to mid-sized businesses and tax software. There’s a 30-day free trial with iOS, Android and Blackberry apps.

• How much does QuickBooks cost?: At $12.95 per month, the Simple Start version is a low-cost way to send invoices and have access to a good set of small business accounting features. If a business eventually needs more features, it’s easy to upgrade to higher versions of QuickBooks for $26.95 to $39.95 per month, and $39 per month for payroll services. To accept invoices, you need to use Intuit Merchant Services for $19.95 per month plus per transaction and other fees.

• Signing up: When you sign up for free trial, it’s strongly suggested you should add payroll service. Look for “continue without payroll” button if you’re not interested in that feature. An upgrade to a higher version for another $14 per month is required for recurring invoices.

• Grows with business: If your business grows, you can add the ability to manage and pay bills, have multiple people use QuickBooks Online simultaneously, manage payroll and add inventory management features.

• Easy to use: QuickBooks Online Simple Start is very easy to use with intuitive tabs and graphics and was designed for people who are new to online billing and invoicing and accounting in general.

• No limits: Send unlimited invoices and estimates.

• Best for: self employed, independent contractors and mobile professionals.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

QuickBooks Online Simple Start Company Information