2.71/5

Need an online billing service?

QuickBooks Online Simple Start

Need an online billing service?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

QuickBooks Online Simple Start Reviews

Original review: July 24, 2019

I set it up an account with Quickbooks (Intuit) as a reference from a co-worker. First time sending a invoice and using their online payment guess what, I haven’t see the money, they have charge all their fees, but has never made my payment. I am the one who has to chase them because they don’t call or contact you. After several attempts I finally talked with a different “department “ supposed to be by email only, and they say that my account hasn’t been verify by them. I want to laugh.

If it it’s not verified why they let me send invoice, and gave me the option to charge my client credit card. It doesn’t make any sense, and when you call customer service they look like they are robots talking the same thing over and over. Glad I fill out a claim with attorney general office. It’s frustrating not having answer and your money is there “suspended.” Very disappointing. Not recommended at all.

Original review: July 23, 2019

The QuickBooks online has a 50% off deal and after I finished my 30 day trial I was told I wouldn't receive the 50 percent off after the trial and I didn't get anything from Chris other than you received a free trial instead of the discount so it was never a free trial. And the sales rep told me no mater if I talked to a manager I would never receive the 50% percent discount. Sales rep "Chris **".

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: July 20, 2019

Was told the platform was terrible by multiple business owners, but figured it was their users, not the software. Turns out, I was wrong. One of the Worst business mistakes I have made was having two of my companies switch to QBO to appease a new business partner; just cancelled one and am switching the other before the day is out.

I know you can't get mad at the customer service because they are just doing their job, but these people gave multiple excuses for charging 20x (yes, twenty-**-times) the fee for what was once a free ACH transfer. Turns out they falsify their advertisements, and while you can find 0% fees and $.50 fees for ACH all across their website and ads, they have a "new" fee schedule buried in their website as well; good luck finding it until after you have ran a series of invoices and have already been charged the "Non-refundable" fees.

As for the accounting software, it is mediocre at best (dozens of better alternatives, just Google it). The support is abysmal; didn't take me very long to speak with representatives, but after multiple calls to resolve separate issues (the other worthy of a negative review in-and-of itself), I was only able to close the merchant service account. Unfortunately these people work for a terrible company that will someday be bankrupt, not necessarily their fault. No business can be ran so deceptively, poorly, and incompetently and stay around; regardless of the old-market monopoly they are riding on. My advice: AVOID QUICKBOOKS ONLINE & INTUIT LIKE THE PLAGUE! You will thank me someday, trust me.

Original review: July 5, 2019

This would be the worst accounting package that I have ever used. I have been using this company for last 7 years. Currently I found out I have been charged for none active contractors for last 4-5 years. Contractors wasn't active but been charged over $8000. When I call why I have been charged for this? they said that this contractors show as active in the system. I said even though you know no check or 1099 been written to this contractors? They didn't even care to give any credit. I spent about two hrs to resolve this issue but got nothing.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Intuit has made it almost impossible to cancel a subscription. If you decide to use their online system be aware that it will take several calls to close your account. I was ignored in the chat and all of the directions for canceling online were wrong.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about QuickBooks Online Simple Start?

Original review: June 10, 2019

I use Quickbooks online. I have a mobile service and I need to be able to charge peoples credit card at their home. The majority of my customers pay via CC. Their iPhone app is currently broken so I am basically out of business. I asked that they reimburse my monthly fee for my inconvenience and they said no. I think it is time for me to find another provider.

Original review: June 3, 2019

It's hard to say anything nice about a company in which you can't even get ahold of. I am being charged annually for a desktop software in which I own and can't get ahold of anyone to speak to. I was literally on hold for 1 hour and 4 minutes, walked away from the phone while it was on hold since I couldn't wait all day, and they hung up on me. UNBELIEVABLE! In addition, I'm trying to converse online and it took them over 10 minutes to answer.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Originally started with QB in 2002. Every time I would upgrade, the new version (Microsoft) always had some bug. In 2017, I went to an Apple Laptop. I kept the 2015 QB going on my old computer. In October 2018, I transferred my QB file properly to QB for Mac. From Day 1, I had problems with the program Crashing in the Vendor Mode and Bill Pay. I have been on the phone with Tier One, Tier Two, and now Tier 3 to no avail. Program still crashing. I have pick and choose which Vendors I can open, and double check if a Vendor has been paid. I could not close my books for 2017 or 2018. They blame it on everyone else but themselves. Keep telling me they are working on it. It is in reality a data coding problem.

I have been on the phone over 10 times, for more than 25 hours. They say they will call back but do not. They have CS people with terrible accents. Tried to reach the American head office and waited over an hour on the line waiting for someone to answer, and finally they do, and say they will transfer me then the line goes dead. This American Company should be ashamed of how they treat their customers.. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.. DO NOT BUY ANY QUICKBOOKS PRODUCT..

Original review: May 17, 2019

This would be the worst accounting package that I have ever used. I have used 3 x different packages to date and nothing comes close to how dreadful the customer service and platform is. I could write a novel on how dreadful the service is and the follow up from their consultants. This product is well marketed and looks good but is extremely non-friendly. If you want the ability to customise your invoices like other platforms, keep away from this product. I have spent several days working with the QB team trying to customise an invoice to show the relevant information we require.

Even the QB team cannot work out why things don't work on it - and they created the word template for me! Their final suggestion was to leave a field out as they don't know why it did not work but should. This scenario has happened more than once. Including payroll issues. If you use this, you will need to double check payroll on first entry because of the way it calculates start dates with work week start. If you have the time to double check work, payroll, get poor customer service and issues unsolved then this is the platform for you.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Terrible customer service from a so called manager Courtney. Cancelled a payroll subscription (after 2.5 yrs) and was still charged monthly fee after cancellation. They say you must cancel your subscription within 60 days of enrolling in order to receive a refund. Courtney states they do not give refunds after cancellation.

QuickBooks Online Simple Start Company Information