Hotspot Shield Visit Website
Accredited Partner

Hotspot Shield

This company pays a monthly fee to participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program and we may receive compensation for any referrals.
Hotspot Shield Visit Website

Hotspot Shield Reviews

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Great product and have recommended to my colleagues! Excited to see more features come out in the new year. Best VPN I've used - in terms of speed and reliability. Particularly impressed when watching videos and streaming. Use it on Android and my Mac laptop.

Get expert buying tips about VPN Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I'm usually turned off by products that claim they're the 'fastest' out there, especially at price points that are comparable to alternatives. That's why I was blown away by Hotspot Shield. The setup was easy and it was lightning fast, almost didn't feel like I was using a VPN at all. I tend to stream a fair bit, and haven't experience any lags yet. I'm currently on month-to-month but will likely change to annual soon.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I use Hotspot Shield almost every day for streaming tv and I've also heard it's great for torrenting movies (I totally don't do that though). It's faster and more reliable than the other VPNs I've tried (nordVPN, expressVPN, etc) - 4 months and haven't had any issues with it so far.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I travel a few times a year and always used Hotspot Shield product to catch up on the news and favorite TV shows. It also sometimes takes the hassle out of checking my banking details, since some of the tools are blocked for overseas users. And it's great to shop around for the best price (airline tickets or car rentals - saved as much as $200/week on rental).

Hotspot Shield expert review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

Hotspot Shield was given the “World’s Fastest VPN” award by Ookla in 2019. It allows users to hide their IP address and encrypt their internet browsing to protect themselves from hackers and keep their internet habits private.

• Multi-device support: Hotspot Shield offers products for MacOS, Windows, Chrome, iOS and Android. Users can connect up to five devices under one account.

• Encryption: The company advertises military-grade 256-bit AES encryption designed to protect users from hackers and identity theft. The encryption protects users whether they’re browsing from home or unsecured public Wi-Fi.

• Privacy: Hotspot Shield provides secure, private browsing from more than 3,000 global servers in over 70 countries.

• No third-party involvement: Hotspot Shield publishes an annual transparency report and promises zero user information share to government entities or other third parties.

• Payment options: Monthly subscriptions start at $12.99, and the company offers a hefty discount (38%) if you opt for yearly billing. It also offers a 45-day money-back guarantee.

• Best for: mobile users, frequent travelers, remote workers, marketers, businesses and those who won’t use a VPN frequently.

by Jami Barnett, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Hotspot Shield Company Information