3.86/5
Based on 29 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

29 Pride Mobility Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

This Jazzy ZT is my second Pride scooter. About 4 months old the transaxle went out. Pride did not want to replace it. Have they finally ship a replacement not paying for service call or labor. First Pride less than year old same thing Went out twice. I will not buy another Pride scooter.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I have a Quantum 600 XL power wheelchair that I am extremely happy with. I've had my chair for about 3 years and in that time I can verify that I have gone over 2700 miles! My chair came with a digital controller. Keeps track of my mileage, speed, time and percentage of battery strength. I can't walk but a step or two before I would fall so this chair replaces my legs. I'm fortunate that I live in a city and state with hundreds of miles of bike trails that enables me to use my chair to for my doctor appointments, dental appointments, grocery store, restaurants and enables me to get to my family's home that is 3 miles from my apartment.

I've been out in snow and ice for my mail and to take out trash. Ninety plus degree temperature in the summer and I have been caught in the rain. Two plastic shopping bags around the controller keeps it dry. The reliability of the chair is most impressive to me. You would think after 2700 mile the chair would be falling apart but it's not! I've had to tighten the screws that hold my fenders on, replace my batteries once and keep the chair clean. I will be replacing my drive tires and outrigger tires in the near future but that is to be expected. If someone would have told me that I could have traveled from Idaho to the East coast on my chair I would tell them no way but I could have. Thank you Pride Mobility giving me my life back.

Get expert buying tips about Mobility Scooters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2018

The Pride Go Go 4 wheel Scooter is a good scooter, but it has a major flaw. No one can hear the horn! I can lean on the horn all day, but until you're a foot away from someone they don't pay attention to it! It needs a louder horn.

Original review: June 11, 2018

This is the second Pride Victory 10 that we had in less than a year. Pride swapped the first one out for same reason and no better. It does not even last a half mile and it is less than 2 mos old. This is the same problem as the first one. Cannot take it anywhere. Getting tired of driving an hour each way to be checked, the back to be fixed. With my husband on Oxygen - I can't have him getting stranded with a machine that is not reliable.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Quantum 4Front power rehab chair... It can't get wet and it leaves you stranded in the middle of the street for a complete reset before it moves. This chair is so useless it will leave you with a $30,000 bill stranded in the middle of a wet road praying it resets before a tractor trailer resets you. PS forget about customer service! Stuck with a $30k lemon that shuts off on flat floors if you spilled water. The uselessness of this chair is over the moon! Let the buyer beware! Customer service sent me to my provider who sent me to the company who told me that they couldn't talk to me anymore because I needed to seek legal action. No remedy no solution, this is not acceptable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pride Mobility?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I got a brand new Jazzy 600ES Wheelchair in September 2017. Right away, it was having issues. I was told to give it a month or 2, and the hard seat will be more comfortable, and the bumps and jarring would be smoother. In the meantime, I discovered that the wheelchair does fine on flat or downhill, but any incline, and it goes EXTREMELY slow, starts beeping and will just shut off! My mailbox is at the bottom of a hill, and several times I have been stuck down there, unable to get back up into the house for several hours, in the cold. I called Pride Mobility about the issue, but they referred me to Scootaround, who in turn told me to call Desert Medical, who delivered the chair. Desert Medical then told me that Jazzy has no warranty on their products, and I would have to pay out of pocket to fix something that was an issue right from the start, and straight from the factory.

I then again called Pride to verify if this was true and correct. Indeed it is, they REFUSE to stand behind their defective product! I talked to a woman who said that they never guarantee their product and you have to pay extra to buy a warranty to that covers just parts, not service or labor cost! What a joke! If I had known this, I would have NEVER bought their product! I live in a Retirement Community, and since have talked to many people who ALL are HIGHLY DISSATISFIED with Desert Medical and Jazzy products! Shame on Pride for their lack of true pride in Craftsmanship!

Original review: July 21, 2017

It has very comfortable seating, soft yet firm, ideal for those who have to spend long periods of time confined to the scooter. It is extremely easy to maneuver with a very small turning ratio. The controls themselves are easy to master and it takes about 30 seconds to learn. You should be able to move the controller off of the arm, either to the other arm or to hold in your lap in case of injury to your dominant hand. It was completely customizable when ordering. They take measurements of you as well as your home, doorways, halls steps, and also make it to accommodate any and all medical equipment that you are required to use.

On the other hand, they should make the seat height adjustable and arms able to flip up so that you are able to sit at tables more easily. You should be able to move the controller from your dominant hand to the other side, or to be able to keep it in your lap if you so choose to make it easier to maneuver in stores. Nevertheless, the scooter is very easy to operate. It has the controller conveniently located and secure so that it doesn't fall.

Original review: July 15, 2017

It has a rabbit speed and a turtle speed so I can go slow or fast. It travels well over gravel and grass. It has a horn that isn't annoying. I like that it is a medium weight and not too light and I can buy accessories later to help haul things which will help when I go shopping. On the other hand, it wants to tip over on uneven ground. Needs more stability on uneven ground. The basket attachment is too small and does not hold much. It needs a bigger basket to hold my purse, water bottle, sack of snack etc. It is also very heavy to lift. I wish it had an easier way of breaking it down into lighter pieces. Nevertheless, I keep it put together so I don't have to undo it. I just get on it then turn the key, and press the lever on the right to go forward, on the left to back up. I adjust the speed by turning a knob toward either the rabbit or the turtle.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I like the size of this scooter. It is not too big and my husband can lift it up and put it in our car. This is a simple scooter. It is easy to hook up and charge. I also like the arm rest. They move up and down. The back of the seat moves as well. This is also easy to use. You set down, turn the switch to on and just start going. No key is required. You either grip the right level to move forward or you grip the left level to move backwards. There is also a neutral level but you cannot use the scooter if the level is in neutral. I would have liked a 4 wheel scooter though. I wish that my scooter had a key lock too. Also, it would be nice if it went faster. I feel that this scooter goes too slow. I wish the weight limit was a little higher as well. The bottom of the scooter is too low to the ground. I went somewhere and it was very hard for the scooter to go over something. Otherwise a very convenient scooter.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Comfort, stylish and easy to transport when I go places. I have a bad back and fibromyalgia so the need for a scooter is a must. When we go to Disney we always take my Pride scooter or I could not make it through the day. It makes my life so much better as there was a time I could not make it all day at Disney and my family seemed disappointed that we would have to leave early. Also, it’s easy to turn corners and great braking as people tend to stop in front of me. However, it’s still too heavy. Could be lighter. Batteries are too expensive as well. I have 2 scooters but can't get new batteries. If batteries were smaller and cheaper it would make life a lot easier. That would be my biggest complaint. I already had to have to pay over 1000 for the scooter.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I like the navigation features. It's compact and easy to use. Cuts corners well and has great battery life. I also like the multi speed function because sometimes I need to move faster as well as the swat adjust feature. I can put my seat as high or low as needed. It is great and I love all the features. It is wonderful. On the other hand, it can have bigger tires but I don't think it would move as well or maybe just maybe a smaller seat. Also, cruise control can be added or maybe a steering wheel. Other than that, it's an easy process. All you do is get on start and go. Never had any start or stop issues. Always been reliable and easy to operate. Battery charges good and all. I just love Pride Mobility better than any other Scooter. It's cool, fun and great. It is awesome and highly recommended.

Original review: July 11, 2017

It is very easy to use as it has a easy throttle. It is not too big so fits places very easily. It handles turns very well and handles most terrains with ease. I also like how easy it is to disassemble and to put it in the back of the van, as we do not have a power lift in the van. It seems to be very durable and has a great repair warranty. The only thing I would improve is to make it more light weight. When taking it apart to put it in the van it does weigh a bit and I would like it to be a little less. Maybe also making the battery life a little longer. But overall, I love it!

Original review: July 10, 2017

The Pride scooter was fairly easy to navigate with and easy enough to use for most things like going to the store, but did not travel well. Although not heavily padded, it was fairly comfortable to sit in. As long as I was willing and able to take my own car with the hydraulic lift on the back, it worked fine. However, it wasn't as portable as the Luggie I have now purchased and use. This one weighs only 51 pounds, and folds up small. Even though the airlines would accommodate it in their cargo hold, we could not use it in a rental car unless we totally broke it down to four parts. I always had to take my car when going with friends.

Original review: July 9, 2017

It is easy to navigate and control the Pride Mobility. It is the perfect size, not too heavy or bulky and easy to get in and out tight spaces. I can use it to go anywhere. But, the tires should be a little wider and maybe add a wheel. Other than that, it has amazing features, runs really well, and does not need to be charged as long as other brands. It's amazing and I absolutely love this.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Pride Mobility is a great product that does as it should. It is just as good as the others, if not better, and excellent for being an off brand. Also, it costs less than a higher end brand but still is adequate. It is very easy to use, if not the easiest of any on the market, and it is extremely safe and secure for anyone who is in need to use it.

Original review: July 5, 2017

It is a dream to use for me, turn it on and press the lever for going forward, there is nothing complicated about it. And when I have a bad RA flare it is so good when we have to go to the doctor's medical building. It works for me very well around our living area both inside and out, it is easy to care for and easy to handle, and we take and load it when we go on vacation or to events in our area, I love it. If there is anything I would improve on maybe longer life battery or an extra battery when you know you will be using it a lot, even if it had a self charging battery that charges the extra battery, like in an RV.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Easy control, long battery, gets me around. I love how I can travel down dirt roads and have hardly any problems out of it and it makes life a whole lot easier to maneuver around the house. But, I wish there were like padded seats or cushions rather than just leather seats because it rubs my back raw. I would love to be able to ride around all day without having to get up or down without just to switch seats. Other than that, I am extremely satisfied.

Original review: July 2, 2017

This is a nice and solid scooter. It changed my life. It's easy to maneuver into tight spaces. It's lightweight and very easy to use and take apart (after figuring it out the first time with directions that could be clearer) so it can be transported. Once you get it assembled, (directions could use a bit of tweaking) and like anything, there is a learning curve and after a few rides, it gets to be very easy and fairly simple to operate. That being said, be careful on slopes and rough terrain as this scooter can tip. Seems to work best indoors or on smooth areas. Also, the battery life could be better. 4

Original review: June 29, 2017

The unit is relatively easy to operate and maneuver under flat and normal street type conditions with some consideration over rougher terrain. Much slower power options are required to minimize any potential for non-control or instability. I like the speed and stability of the unit and its design with stabilizers and materials of construction, metal and plastic. But, some possible improvements and or research would be favored by users and providers as a continual improvement action. I would take a look at three areas starting with design criteria for width and height for purposes of stability especially on an incline the other two areas involve the materials of construction in the base and seating.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

My friend’s grandma had bad legs and she couldn’t get up the stairs. So I helped my friend pay for it for her grandma so she can get to where she needs to go without calling her grandchild. My friend how to remodel her grandma stairs because it was fitting on the wall by the stairs but after we got everything situated it worked. It was just hard work but I am satisfied with the results. We really didn’t have to go through customer service with a problem. I know if we did we wouldn’t have any problem because the company was very nice about when they were coming to install. We bought this in June of 2016 and it’s still holding up. Her grandma is very satisfied with this and she doesn’t want to get rid of it. She feels as though she is very independent now and I love to see a smile on her face.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

It's very helpful for my grandmother, makes her feel more mobile and is very accessible, easy to use for us. I didn't install it but it seemed quite easy to install and didn't take long at all. I would recommend it for anyone in need of a scooter. Customer service is great, extremely helpful. My grandmother has called a few times and were very nice. I have never had any issues myself either. The durability is great, I was very worried for my grandmother and the durability of these things. But after everything it was great and has been great ever since.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

We have been using this item for a number of months and have had no problems. Their company has a great customer service department. We have also recommended it to our friends and family. The installation of the item was very easy and the company helped us to complete the process. We have also received positive comments about this from our friends and family. The customer service department is top notch. We have dealt with them a couple of times. They took care of our two problems very quickly to our satisfaction. The durability of the item is terrific. We have had it for a few months and it has held up great. We have also received positive comments about the company's customer service from our friends and family.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

They're very accessible especially if you're tending to a person that relies on it for mobility. Ideally you have to have a subscription to gain access to one. Installation entails making your home mobily accessible to the person with the lift, which can be a hassle based on where you want the product to be installed. The individuals that installed the product were very friendly and helpful in guiding me on what to do and not do. They also tested the product for any defects before leaving me to test it out on my own. Based on how often and frequent it's being used in my home it's very durable and you can tell through the movement it provides and the guidance.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

The accessibility of this product is really amazing. This product allows me to have mobility in places that I otherwise would not have been able to go. The installation of this product I would highly recommend. It was a simple and quick process that when I needed help the website walked me through. I would absolutely and definitely recommend the customer service of this product. They were extremely helpful, friendly, and very knowledgeable. The durability of this product is really great. I believe that this design is completely tough and rugged and will last me for a long duration of my using it.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

It is easily accessible but I've had to limit my homes searching due to the distance. I wish it were sooo much smaller, but I still like it. It was very easy to install. I watched the installer man and he told me that he'd done it with no problems. The customer service was amazing, I loved how friendly everyone was. The love and help I received made me feel so special. I loved the customer service over the phone. It felt like we were talking in real life. The scooter lift is very durable, it may squeak and shudder a little at times, but over time you get used to it. It really was a blessing to have it installed into my house.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

It is very accessible throughout the house and even in public places, such as stores, airports, restaurants, museums, fairgrounds. I have even used it at concerts and football games, very easy and convenient. The instructions that came with it on installation were fairly easy and it took few hours and just ready to use. With two people, it might even take less than few hours. I didn't get to use the customer service, never felt any need of it, but if you go online and read reviews, they are good and encouraging about their customer service. It has lasted for few years now and I haven't noticed any deterioration in any of the qualities, still working just great and just fine. I have been also practicing the usual care and maintenance routine.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

It's a small scooter so you can easily turn around within small confined spaces. So this lift is perfect for this scooter and for no matter how small you. The guys who installed it in the house was very quick and they were done within an hour. They were so clean. The service is the best I ever had. I was like "wow these guys are good" and I sat back and was safe now with my lift on hand when needed. This thing is so bad like I'm talking strong like a hulk lift.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

It's a great way to help those loved ones. My disabled parents fortunately have a bigger vehicle which is required. It's very much needed for getting them around. I had no problem installing the scooter lift but I'm very good at reading and following instructions. It really is up to the individuals. If you can't follow directions or refuse to read instructions, then you'll have a problem. The durability has been great so far and we haven't had any issues. It looks as though it's made very well so I don't foresee any issues in the immediate future.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

Got it for my father in law when he was having trouble. He got around great. So happy to be out and mobile. He was in heaven. Gets around quick and quietly. It was installed in the back of the truck and made it where he was able to enjoy more freedom than just the neighbor. Didn't take long and he was happy. They delivered it on time and went over how it works. He was so thrilled to have it and be able to move about. All questions answered quickly and very helpful. Riding it in the street or sidewalk still ran the same. I thought he needed a big horn to worn people he was coming. Quiet and fast no matter where it ran.

Pride Mobility expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Pride Mobility Products designs and manufactures mobility scooters, electric wheelchairs, power-lift recliners, stair lifts and ramps. The company was founded in Pittsburgh in 1986 and is now headquartered in Exeter, Pennsylvania. You can find Pride Mobility’s extensive line of products online or at dealerships around the world.

• Jazzy power chair line: Pride’s line of Jazzy power chairs includes a full range of models, from small portable options like the Jazzy Air to the feature-rich deluxe Jazzy Elite. These electric wheelchairs are all built for maneuverability and stability. Weight capacity varies across models.

• Go-Go series: Pride’s lightweight Go-Chair and Go-Go scooters are built for comfort and travel. They disassemble quickly for easy transportation. Go-Go products have weight capacities of up to 300 pounds.

• Selection of scooters: Pride’s line of scooters includes small, lightweight three-wheel scooters built for speed and maneuverability and four-wheel models that offer increased stability. The Victory, Raptor and Maxima series have indoor and outdoor models with various features.

• Help me choose: You can fill out an online form and receive recommendations for scooters or power chairs. This online service is ideal if you’re not sure what you need.

• Power-lift recliners: Pride Mobility Products designs and makes seven different collections of power-lift recliners. Each collection features different cushioning, fabric, colors and reclining positions. Contact a sales representative for a quote.

• Best for: consumers who want power chairs or electric scooters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Pride Mobility Company Information

www.pridemobility.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business