2. Elder Care
  3. Mobility Scooters

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.86/5

Pride Mobility Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pride Mobility?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pride Mobility?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

After doing much research I decided to purchase a Pride Mobility Victory LX Sport mobility scooter. I contacted 2 local dealers and obtained competitive pricing. I selected one based upon their reputation and price. I ordered the scooter on a Monday and it arrived just 2 days later (Wednesday) via a freight carrier in 2 boxes. The dealer I purchased from also provided free assembly at my home and the technician arrived within 2 hours of the delivery. Assembly, checkout and training was completed within 1 hour. I even received a follow up call from the dealer sales manager asking if everything was to my satisfaction. I was impressed from order to delivery and setup by the professionalism of all involved in the process.

I've had the scooter for 2 days and while I'm very pleased with it there are several observations I want to make.

1. Seat height adjustment. I'm 6 feet 4 inches tall and weight 260 pounds. When assembled the technician placed the seat post in the highest/uppermost position. Even then I feel the seat is not high enough. My knees are higher (when seated) than my hips and I've always been told both should be the same height. The seat post should be taller/longer with additional holes to make the seat higher.

2. The LED battery power indicator on the dash is too bright at nighttime. It's bright to the point that it can be difficult to see in front of the scooter.
    3. The front headlight brightness is pretty pathetic. It barely lights more than 10 feet in front of the scooter. The 'puddle' light illuminating the floor is far brighter than the headlight!

All things considered I'm pleased with the performance of this scooter and would recommend this model.

Hello Carl,

thank you so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your customer experience. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future.

Resolution response: July 24, 2020

The company did not solve my problem! My email today explains the rejection. Thank You and email me if there is anything you require.

Original review: July 19, 2020

Updated on 08/13/2020: This a follow up of bad review against Pride Mobility in reference to a lift chair. The company said that the retailer would either re-stuff the chair or would get a cushion for me. As of August 12,2020 I have not gotten either one. I contacted the retailer and have not heard back from them. I have also phoned them and upon leaving messages I have yet to hear from them. Problem not solved!!!!

Updated on 07/24/2020: I made a review in the last few days concerning Pride Mobility. Product is lift chair. I did receive the proper emails. I want to advise that the so called Support Manager rejected my complaint. I sent an Email to the CEO and then a second email, The second email was returned to me because the CEO blocked it. It also explained that it was Access denied!

This was rude and extremely unprofessional. It really was difficult to understand this. The CEO got tired of my complaining. He took the easy way out because he did not want to deal with it. Pride Mobility is a multinational company and they apparently do not care. Where is consumer care? Bottom line is case not resolved. I have to discard my lift chair. It cost $1200.00. I have a heart condition, stage 3 heart failure and the lift chair was highly recommended by both my primary and cardiologist. I just want to prevent and protect future users of this product. It excludes fabric or the wearing out of the seat. Buyer be aware!

Original Review: I purchased a pride lift chair PLR-975 on Sept 18,2018. It carried a MSRP of approx $1600.00 The chair is mechanically sound but has lost all of its comfort as you can not sit on it for more than one hour. My layman term would be bottom out? It is sincerely useless. I am so frustrated because I was prescribed the lift chair by my cardiologist for Stage Three Heart Failure. After contacting my health provider the sales Representative contacted me and came to my home on July 16,2020. Jud indirectly told me that there is no functionality issues and did not cover fabric and or cushioning of seat. Simply said what good is a medically prescribed lift chair if I can not use it!!!! Pride Mobility should have a moral responsibility and simply do the right thing.

Hello Jerry,

We've spoken to your provider, Medical Supply Depot. They examined the chair and found no manufacturing flaws. The provider has gone above and beyond to assist you, offering a cushion or added foam to make the chair more comfortable. If you aren't comfortable in the chair, we suggest taking the provider up on a cushion or having additional foam added. Thank you!

Get buying tips about Mobility Scooters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I recently purchased a used Pride Go-Go LX CTS Suspension 2 to 3 year old scooter for my special needs brother. It was never used and basically like brand new. After driving it around 4 miles I could hear what sounded like the axle bearing grinding. Sure enough the bearing was no good. I spoke to Pride and they told me I have to get parts from dealer only and they can't give me any part numbers or diagrams to order parts. I won't get into the person I spoke to at Pride but respect goes a long way in this world we are living in.

After getting the dealer to find out about this bearing I was informed I had to purchase the entire axle that included the motor and brake costing $489. So in a nutshell, a $5 bearing at most becomes an almost $500 fix just in parts, which indicates to me this is a very poor designed product that is going to end up in the scrap yard sooner than later. Would this make it a quality scooter that is good for the consumer and environment? Would this be a scooter you would purchase in the future?

Hello Jake,

We're very sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with your experience with our customer care department. We sincerely apologize. We are happy to refer you to a local authorized Pride dealer in your area. They can service the scooter. If the axle bearing is bad, the entire drive assembly would need to be replaced. The dealer can obtain a quote for you. Please reach out to marketing@pridemobility.com and we can send you a list of dealers. Thank you!

Original review: May 24, 2020

Updated on 10/15/2020: They have no intention of giving back money for a damaged powerchair. I filed a complaint and get a "I'm sorry crap response". There have been lawsuits against Pride for their chairs catching fire and people have burnt up in them and died. At first I tried to get a replacement chair that was not damaged. Now I want my money back. They sent the wrong charger with the chair (one that is no longer made). Pride said to deal with the Home Health Store. The Home Health Store said they would talk to Pride.

Right now The Home Health Store has the junk chair and even agreed with me that these chairs are a piece of junk. Steve said if I had spoke with him instead of the CEO then he would have recommend a different brand. I asked why they are an authorized dealer and was told "I don't know". I guess Pride and the Home Health Store both feel proud: They have my money and the junk chair. UK had a class action lawsuit against Pride. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY. They ripped me off $3,779.00. I am an amputee and need a power chair. They have no intention of giving me a refund. I have got the run around for months. The chair died after 3 months. It was damaged when I received it.

Original Review: Part over right wheel was broke. Joystick will not adjust. The rod under the armrest shows that someone had taken pliers to it. It is all scratched up. Have not had the chair for 1 week and it makes a squealing noise. I called Pride and the woman was rude and told me that I chose to buy it from Home Health Store so call them. I can't find where an 8 amp charger comes with the chair, but that's what I got. I highly recommend people stay away from Pride Jazzy. This company is not what it used to be. They will not stand behind their defective products.

Hello Deborah,

We're so sorry to hear that you received a product that did not meet your expectations. Our customers are at the center of everything we do, so we take complaints very seriously. Did you contact the Home Health Store to let them know that the product was damaged? We'd like to discuss the issue with you. Please reach out to marketing@pridemobility.com so we can discuss a solution. We look forward to hearing from you!

Original review: March 13, 2020

I bought the Raptor three just over 2 weeks ago. I am disabled and love the scooter because it gives me a little freedom from having to ask for a ride every place I need to go. When I stepped onto the scooter the part where your feet rest it cracked. I believe it's called a deck shroud. The scooter is supposed to be rated to 400 pounds. I weigh 280. I called the place I bought it and they said that they can quote me a price for a replacement. I told them that it's only been a couple of weeks since I bought it. I was told that it doesn't matter how long I've had it. So I called the manufacturer and they referred me back to the dealer. So I guess I'm out of luck. Next one I get will not be from this manufacturer.

Hello Philip,

We're so sorry to hear about the issue with the shroud on your Raptor. We understand your frustration. Unfortunately, our warranty does not cover "wear and tear" items, such as the shroud. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Regarding the weight capacity: You are correct. The Raptor scooter is indeed rated for a 400-lb. weight capacity. However, the weight capacity is measured based on when the user is sitting in the captain's seat on the scooter. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

The foot rest is too narrow in front and extremely narrow from back. When I make a fast turn my foot slips off and falls between edge of foot rest and wheel. If I move my foot even an inch it falls off the narrow footrest and gets trapped in front wheel. This has caused severe injury to my ankles and fear someday will break my ankle. So right now chair sits idle while I use my wife's. So if you have big feet this is not the wheel chair for you.

Hello Jerry,

We're so sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your product. Our customers are at the center of everything we do, so we take complaints very seriously. We'd like to get some additional information from you so we can assist you further. Can you please email us at marketing@pridemobility.com with your contact information, as well as the serial number of your product? We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Pride Mobility

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We purchased a Pride Raptor in February of this year, and have had battery issues with it since the beginning. It did not have a range of 30 miles, more like 8 miles. Pride provided new batteries but now the motor is burned out. The new motor is on backorder and maybe will be in at the end of the month. We also purchased a brand new model Pride Wrangler on August 9th since my husband wanted a more off the road scooter. Well, that one lasted two weeks before the front tires went bald. The new tires and parts were supposed to ship last Tuesday but I was told yesterday, they may be shipped October 7th. I do not trust anything Pride tells me anymore. I have been put off too many times in the last 7 months.

We have over $8,000 invested in these two scooters and have nothing to show for it but two broke down machines outside my front door. We had a vacation planned for the month of October, and now we can't go waiting on a possible shipment of the parts for these scooters, and there is no assurance that the parts will ever come in. I have contacted the company and get the attitude of "aw well, there is nothing we can do". They didn't have that attitude when we were sold these scooters. They seem to forget disabled people use these products and their life is upended when they break down. It's just a business to them. They don't seem to care for their customers. I told them yesterday that I would never buy a Pride product again. I feel like I have thrown away $8,000. That is painful for someone on a fixed income.

Hello Linda,

we're so sorry to hear about the issues with your Pride products. We value customer feedback and take complaints very seriously. We'd like to reach out to you and assist further, but we need some additional information. Can you please send an email to marketing@pridemobility.com with your contact information, as well as the serial numbers for both the Raptor and Wrangler scooters? We look forward to hearing from you and working towards earning back your business. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Pride Victory Mobility Scooter, $1,200. 6 months old. Service Technicians have been out 4 times for the same problem. First tech said, new motor, got a new motor. Problem of scooter lurching forward still occurring after new motor. Second tech comes out says not motor, brakes are bad. According to service center the replacement part sent to tech a few days later but tech says it took a month to get the part and said the part got wet before he installed. Someone is lying. 4 hours to install and he said it works til the foot platform snapped in place. Scooter operation stops working. A cable is bad now. We think he pinched the cable snapping the platform down. He works very close to the parts so he can SEE.

The scooter is totally inoperable now (it worked 4 hours before he showed up) and my disabled husband is out of luck. No scooter. Service center manager says he can send part direct to me and expedite but days go by no call back. I call him and ask did it get sent out? Chris says, "I don't know which cable to send." More days go by. I call Russell at ScooterDirect, "Can you get involved." Russell calls Chris Service Manager, no call back.

No working scooter. The $1,200 scooter that worked before Les the tech got there is abandoned. My husband is abandoned. The manager at the service center is zero help. My husband is just out of luck and we wasted all that money on a scooter that is still under warranty and no one is doing any thing apparently to help get this resolved. The technicians are unreliable, tell untruths. Service manager provides no service. Warranty meaningless.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

This chair was a replacement for 2 jazzy airs that failed within three months of having the chair brought to my house. Now this new chair which is the Jazzy Air 2 and having this new chair for only a month and it already has problems. It has a fast beeping noise when I bring the chair down to its lowest position and it does not run as fast when it is beeping this quickly. This appears to be the same problem as the old jazzy air which has been discontinued!

Hello John,
      we're very sorry to hear about the issues with your product. We'd like to work with you in winning back your business. Please email us at marketing@pridemobility.com and provide us with the serial number on your Jazzy Air 2. The serial number begins with the letter J and is found on the main frame of the power chair near the batteries. Look for a white barcode sticker, 14 digits long.
      We look forward to hearing from you!

Kate

Original review: July 4, 2019

In June I bought Jazzy. I go plus from Nuk Health Care Mumbai India. Footrest was always a problem as it’s extremely narrow from back. If I move my foot even an inch it falls off the narrow footrest and gets trapped in front wheel. This has caused severe injury in my small toe and I am extremely scared every time I sit in the wheelchair. Kindly change the design of the footrest before it causes further injuries to already fragile users.

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear of your experience with our Jazzy Power Chair. We are required by the FDA to investigate all user injury claims. Can you please provide an email address where you can be reached? We need to obtain some information from you. Thank you so much! You can also email us and we obtain additional information.

Pride Mobility author review by ConsumerAffairs

Pride Mobility has wheelchair and scooter lift solutions for minivans, SUVs and full-size vans. Some Pride Mobility lift systems are eligible for rebates under certain auto manufacturers’ mobility programs. These can range from $500 to $1200. Additional features from Pride Mobility include the Swing-Away Adaptor, battery packs to eliminate the need for a complex wiring system, in-house chargers, hitch extensions and weather covers.

• Backpacker AVP 2.0: This hybrid lift uses a platform to raise a mobility device up and into the back of a vehicle. Dual remotes and a securement strap keep the Backpacker easy and safe to use.

• Commander 200 Trunk Mount: This interior lift can move up to 200 pounds. The four-point lifting kit is easy to use and makes raising your mobility device up and into the vehicle as effortless as possible.

• Outlander: This exterior lift can be attached to your trailer hitch, and even transferred to another vehicle, with little effort. Equipped with several high-tech features, like a phosphate undercoating to help prevent wear and tear from inclement weather, this exterior lift is a good choice for tech enthusiasts.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team