3.11/5
Based on 46 reviews that contain star ratings

46 Pride Mobility Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 14, 2019

My father has been using Jazzy Passport wheelchair since July 2018. He liked it because the chair style was similar to what he was use to with his manual wheelchair and lower to the ground than most other power styles of scooters/wheelchairs. I liked it because it folds up and I don't have to have a wheelchair trailer on my car in order to transport his wheelchair when taking him places. The wheelchair fits in our large trunk. However, right from the start the design of the footrest presented problems and was kind of in the way for transfer even when folded up. Also there was not a side pocket for his emergency medications to be quickly accessed --- Bottom basket and back pocket was very unhandy. But now there seems to be a serious flaw in the design with a centered footrest instead of right and left footrests.

My father recently got his leg trapped and injured while moving inside in his wheelchair. It is a very severe injury causing great pain with a very large sore, and swelling leg, and requiring him to go to a specialist at the hospital wound center in an attempt to heal this sore before it becomes infected and cause even a more serious situation. Needless to say, I am not very happy with this wheelchair and makes me wonder about its future safety. Maybe this is why Medicare would not cover this wheelchair! I am sorry that we bought something so poorly designed that it injured my father. Hopefully, something can be changed that will provide a safe wheelchair for my father.

Hello Karen,

We are very sorry to hear that your father has been injured. We are required by the FDA to investigate all user injury claims. Can you please provide the following information to us? Thank you for your cooperation.

• serial number of the unit
• if the customer sought treatment for his injury
• the date of event

• Consumer contact information

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 26, 2019

The motor was replaced twice in the first 14 months, without charge to me as it was under warranty. The repair person thought it was because I used the scooter mostly outside on city sidewalks, which in our town are in poor condition. The battery charger was cheaply made and I had to buy a new one within the year. PRIDE advertised MAXIMA as heavy duty and indoor/outdoor and it didn't performed to my expectations. I will not be buying from PRIDE again.

Hi Taylor,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with our Maxima Scooter. When it comes to our company, our customers are at the center of everything we do. Pride is dedicated to manufacturing the highest quality products. We are passionate about enabling consumers to achieve their mobility goals and enhancing their quality of life.

Get expert buying tips about Mobility Scooters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I recently replaced the batteries in my wife's wheelchair. Now, the seat will not lock in place. It locks temporarily then it slips out and swivels. My wife needs a stable platform to transfer to and this swiveling issue is dangerous to say the least. Does anyone know to adjust the handle or how to possibly lock the swivel base in place? Like I said, it is becoming very dangerous for her to transfer.

Hello Edward,

Thank you for your question. We are happy to guide you in getting the seat of your wife's wheelchair locked firmly in place. Please email us so we can walk you through the process. We'll need to know what product your wife has so we can further assist you. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I have 2 - 600ES Pride mobility chairs and they both have the same error code on the joystick. The error is left motor fault. Changed the motor, changed the control module and changed the joystick on the older model. Still continues to fault, 2 out of 3 times. The newer model appears to be okay with a control module change out to a 614 model. I do not understand why both chairs can have the same fault and one seems to work and the other does not, even when all components have been changed.

Hello Mark,

we're sorry to hear about the issues with your power chairs. If you need assistance, please contact your authorized provider, where you originally purchased the chairs. They can perform diagnostic testing and repairs to your power chairs. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I replaced my previous 3 wheel scooter with a new 4 wheel scooter to gain stability. Problem is it has a WIDE turning radius. Even at hospitals, it's almost impossible to turn around in a hallway. Damn near impossible to navigate inside my home, have to leave it on the porch. Anyone have any suggestions?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pride Mobility?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I just bought this scooter from a lady whose mother used it for one week before she died. Has been sitting ever since until I bought it. I brought it home put brand new batteries in it and went for a ride. For some reason if I hit a small bump the scooter dies and I have to remove the key and wait about 20 seconds then reinsert the key and it will go until it hits another very small bump and it dies again. Can anyone offer a fix? This is a very dangerous situation. If I am crossing a road it could be deadly. Bad experience.

Hello Doug,

we're sorry to hear about your experience with our product. Because you purchased the scooter secondhand, we highly recommend you find an authorized Pride provider near you and have them service the scooter to make sure everything is working properly. If you need help finding a local dealer, please send us an email at marketing@pridemobility.com and we'll be happy to assist you!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Bought my scooter in October. Started making a clicking noise when I made turns. Later it was clicking all the time. Reported problem to Spinlife the company I bought it from in early December. Told them I had a clicking noise coming from the front wheel. They said it had to be the rear drive. Sent parts and tech to replace. Still clicked. Tech sent a request to replace the front wheel. Warranty on the wheel was denied by pride saying they only cover tires for 30 days. I was really surprised but I pad the $120 for the tire to get it fixed. Spinlife sent out a tech to replace it. Very disappointed in Pride for not covering a part that was obviously bad from the beginning.

Hello Dwain,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with our product. We are dedicated to manufacturing the highest quality mobility products. Because tires fall under "wear and tear" we set a 30 day warranty from the date of delivery to the provider. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Three months ago, I received a Pride Jazzy 1450 through an authorized seller, paid for by Medicare. I have a numerous problems with this chair, and Pride customer service has been most unhelpful. The chair jerks to one side or another when going forward or backward. The seller has sent a technician twice already and I was told that the problem is inherent in the chair. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Pride responded and told me they would contact a local representative to give me a call and try to help. That never happened. I have tried to call the customer service agent again, but she refuses to take or return my calls. Very bad customer service, especially for a product that is quite expensive.

Hello Jacques,

We're very sorry to hear this and would like to look into the situation ASAP. Are you able to send us an email? Please send us the serial number for your Jazzy 1450, as well as a phone number where you can be reached. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I got this chair December, 2017 and have had nothing but problems. The plastic panels over the batteries keep popping off because of the cheap stick-on velcro dots that secure the covers. Finally taped the covers down. The arms are adjusted by two bolts that keep loosening up and are difficult for the patient to fix. The seat cover began to rip two months ago, now I have a 1 inch seam opening.

I called Pride and they said the seat is not warrantied as it was “usual wear and tear”. USUAL WEAR AND TEAR in 10 months by a 130 lb patient... REALLY?? In my opinion the material is too thin and cheap. Pride will do nothing to help. A new seat (which can only be purchased as an entire unit: top, bottom and all metal connectors) cost $500. Look around before you purchase this chair, the warranty is nonexistent.

Hello Ronald,

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your Pride product. We offer warranties on individual components on your chair. If your provider determines there is a manufacturer defect on the product, we honor the warranty of the affected parts. Any wear on tires, casters, or the seat is considered "normal wear and tear" and does not fall under warranty. These parts will wear out from time to time. This is just natural for a product that is used all day, every day. Thank you

Resolution response: Nov. 20, 2018

I called the company today 2 work with them to try to get the seat resolved on my chair but I was told by the first lady I talked to there was nothing that the company would do to try to fix my the scene on my chair. I called back and talk to an angel and gave her the serial number she said she was looking up some things and would get me a call back. I have been really stressed over this had to have my mother call try to get this resolved. I don't understand why they can't replace the seat on my chair so it didn't have the two Heating elements coming out of it and causing problems for me sitting so I didn't feel the rough spots in it anymore. I really look forward to somebody from the company calling me personally to try to get this resolved I'm really tired I'm not getting anywhere with pride I'm really not suggesting that anybody buy a chair from this company

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I received Power Lift Chair. Starting in 2017 I've had to have 3 of them replaced, the first one the Springs were coming through the seat, the second one the footrest was rubbing against the inside and tearing the fabric, the third one came with rips and holes in the back of the chair. Now I'm dealing with the 4th one. Everything was good with the chair except for the seating on it. For the past couple months the seat has gotten so bad I had to go out and buy a 12 x 4 cushion to put on it and I can still feel what is supposed to be warmings of the seat hurting my behind. I had a golden power chair and never once had a problem with it. Sorry I gave it away to make room for this. It would be nice if they did something about the seat on this power chair.

Hello Melissa,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with our lift chairs. We would like to speak with you about this situation and make things right. Please give us a call at 800-800-4258 at your earliest convenience. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards earning back your business.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I have been looking for a new power chair and have spent many hours looking and looking for something that fits my needs. I'm not in the UK or in the US either, which makes it more difficult and even more necessary to use the web to search and ask questions before I buy. Pride wheelchairs came up many times. I had my eye on two of their power chairs. One question I was about accessories and suspension capabilities for outside use. However, whenever I sent questions I always got one of these two answers:

From Pride themselves: " ...as the manufacturer, we at Pride Mobility Products Ltd do not sell or service direct to the public; we only do so through our authorised Pride providers who hold accounts with us within the United Kingdom; this is in accordance with our licence held with the British Health Trading Association (BHTA). As such we would respectfully suggest you get in contact with a local Pride provider in your area that will be able to assist you further with any parts you require..." From individual providers: "We don't know the answer/We don't have any accessories. Maybe Pride can help you."

I have had this from a few companies actually and I'm really tired of having to search and search and waste my own time. If they are happy to take my money then they should know their products and be able to answer the buyer's questions. Also, there are many shops and businesses spread around the world selling mobility wheelchairs. None of them have every model or brand that we want to consider. Most of us do not want to just go to our local store and buy something just because they have it. We like to use the internet to search for all our individual needs, to have more choice and to ask questions. Therefore it is necessary to get as much information online and from the individual companies as possible. If these companies aren't prepared to do this and will only "deal with the retailer" then cross them off your list. Because they won't be there after sales if you need them either.

This is a competitive world - companies should come down a peg or two and remember that it's us, the customer, who makes the decision of where to spend our money. Do you really think that customers like me, when making such a big and important investment, would gain confidence from this service? Do you think we will have faith in your after sales care? No. Especially bearing in mind the vulnerability of people who need to buy this product. When I do eventually decide where to invest my money it will be based on the customer service and availability of the company to help me as much as the model of chair itself.

Vanessa,

We're sorry to hear about your experience with the customer service team at Pride UK. Our team at Pride U.S. is dedicated to the consumer experience and will do their very best to answer your questions. Please email us at marketing@pridemobility.com or reach out to us on our Facebook page (Pride Mobility Products Corp) and we will see if we can assist you. We hope to hear from you!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Perhaps the 1 star is not a fair rating. My wife has a Jazzy Ultra close to ten years, but we have a Jazzy 1103 Ser # ** as a back up. This unit had been sitting for a long period of time and the batteries would not hold a charge. Having change the batteries in the Ultra, I got some help to pull the seat (I'm 88, not as strong as I use to be!). The first thing I noted was that in order to remove the front battery, I would have to remove structural bracing, plus I still have figured out how to remove the plastic shroud. Anyway I removed the bracing and the batteries. I then inserted the new batteries, connected the rear battery, all is fine.

Comes the front battery, and when I came to connect the positive, you would have thought that I was arc welding. I disconnected the circuit breaker. Tried connecting the connected battery there. This time I burned my hand. I ordered a new 50 amp circuit breaker, same thing! I could not understand since the battery was connected to nothing except the circuit breaker??? Now I began to search the internet for a wiring diagram for the Jazzy 1103. Oh yes there is one in the owner manual, that looks as though a kid drew it. Nothing detailed. I tried writing Pride Customer's Service. No response! Tried another E mail earlier today, and when I got done writing, it disappeared!

Now our situation: My wife is disabled and under Hospice Care. I am her only caretaker. We live in a small town 50 miles from anywhere! As I said before, I'm 88, and getting up and down on the floor, using a flashlight to see clearly under the shroud, would have been no problem for me maybe 8, 9, or 10 years ago. Oh yes as I said before, how does this battery connect to the unit? The connection is self contained, positive and negative, both connecting to the circuit breaker, nothing else??? As I said before, my wife's Jazzy 1103 Ultra, you could ask for a better power chair, and easy, easy to work on, but, oh well you know what I'm think---.

Hello Earle,

we're sorry to hear about your experience with your wife's Jazzy power chair. We would like to work with you and provide helpful information regarding proper procedure for changing batteries on our mobility products. Please give us a call at 800-800-4258 at your earliest convenience. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Have use the Victory 10 one time. Cannot get it to latch the front onto the rear. Contacting Pride Mobility was pointless - kept telling us to contact the seller. One would think that the manufacturer would be able to help with the problem. My spouse is ready to take it to the lobby of the manufacturing plant and drop it off and see if they can put it back together. They show all types of videos on how to disassemble it but don't try to find anything on how they assemble it, or any troubleshooting guides for assembly. Very disgusted.

Danielle,

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with our customer care department. We have a high standard of expectations when it comes to helping our customers fulfill their needs. Please give us a call at 800-800-4258 at your earliest convenience. We look forward to speaking with you and resolving this situation!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

My wife has had a full size Jazzy wheelchair with two big, main wheels and four stabilizers. I have only one gripe. While it goes as fast as you would want it to (up to around six miles an hour) and handles well ("turns on a dime" as they say), while it has got my wife where she wants to go, we cannot seem to get the parts we need (new set of the small wheels and footrest). Called Pride for the parts but was referred to our local supplier, and have waited, I would say close to a month, for anything to get done. Still waiting. I believe our supplier has a local monopoly and such does not usually or always come with the best customer service. If my wife waits much longer I'm afraid the small wheels, which are of a rubbery substance and the worse for wear, won't hold out and may cause accidental injury.

Hi Bill,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with one of our local providers. We would like to speak with you about this situation and make things right. Please give us a call at 800-800-4258 at your earliest convenience. We look forward to speaking with you!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Got one little problem with my grandpa's scooter and your customer service just made sure me and my family will never buy Pride again! The only good thing I can say is thanks for letting me down early, probably saving me a lot of trouble.

Hi Bobby,

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with our customer care department. We have a high standard of expectations when it comes to helping our customers fulfill their needs. Please give us a call at 800-800-4258 at your earliest convenience. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards earning back your business.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I have only had the scooter 9 months on second battery, there is a malfunction somewhere w/ the scooter! It does not make any sense why the battery only last two months, I'm terrified to even go anywhere on it. Am going to be stuck, and yes it has happened more than once. Needless to say biggest regret of my life!

Hello Pamela,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with your scooter. We would like to speak with you about this situation and make things right. Please give us a call at 800-800-4258 at your earliest convenience. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards earning back your business.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Upon seeing your product I purchased it to not only go around the neighborhood, but also to travel to locations in my truck. After using this product it’s nothing but great. This as it can handle a lot of weight, its speed can be from the slowest crawl to the speed of a jogger, as it comes apart easily I can transport it, it has no problem going up hills or up my ramp on my truck, seating is extremely comfortable & adjustable, it has many attachments that helps me in so many ways, I found it easily adjustable seat can be fitted to most, I can even ride at night, have the ability to once again go long term shopping, and gave me back my life.

Prior to my accident I had visited Disney World parks almost 200 times over the years. This had stopped prior to your product’s use until now. It handled the all Disney parks without any issues, was easy to navigate in the crowds, and the power usage was great as the power gauge never dropped even after all day use at several parks (with the use of a phone charger on it too). The scooter also received numerous comments from other visitors at the park interested in your product.

I just wanted to thank you so much for letting me get out of my house with a product that is extremely affordable for its high benefits. Your lifelong friend.

Pride Mobility response

Hello David, thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your product. Did you know our power lift recliners offer countless position combinations to meet your comfort needs? The next time you visit pridemobility.com, check out our other great product lines. We hope to hear from you again soon!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

This Jazzy ZT is my second Pride scooter. About 4 months old the transaxle went out. Pride did not want to replace it. Have they finally ship a replacement not paying for service call or labor. First Pride less than year old same thing Went out twice. I will not buy another Pride scooter.

Hi Allan,

That is very unusual. Are you dialing this number? 800-800-4258. The number takes you to our Consumer Call Center. You might have to wait a few minutes to speak to a representative if they are busy with other callers, but someone will get to you!

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience with our Jazzy Zero Turn. We would like to speak with you about this situation and make things right. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards earning back your business.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I have a Quantum 600 XL power wheelchair that I am extremely happy with. I've had my chair for about 3 years and in that time I can verify that I have gone over 2700 miles! My chair came with a digital controller. Keeps track of my mileage, speed, time and percentage of battery strength. I can't walk but a step or two before I would fall so this chair replaces my legs. I'm fortunate that I live in a city and state with hundreds of miles of bike trails that enables me to use my chair to for my doctor appointments, dental appointments, grocery store, restaurants and enables me to get to my family's home that is 3 miles from my apartment.

I've been out in snow and ice for my mail and to take out trash. Ninety plus degree temperature in the summer and I have been caught in the rain. Two plastic shopping bags around the controller keeps it dry. The reliability of the chair is most impressive to me. You would think after 2700 mile the chair would be falling apart but it's not! I've had to tighten the screws that hold my fenders on, replace my batteries once and keep the chair clean. I will be replacing my drive tires and outrigger tires in the near future but that is to be expected. If someone would have told me that I could have traveled from Idaho to the East coast on my chair I would tell them no way but I could have. Thank you Pride Mobility giving me my life back.

Hello Bob!

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Quantum power chair. Have you heard about the Edge 3 with 4.5 mph iLevel? The next time you visit quantumrehab.com, check out our other products we offer. We hope to hear from you again soon!

Original review: June 21, 2018

The Pride Go Go 4 wheel Scooter is a good scooter, but it has a major flaw. No one can hear the horn! I can lean on the horn all day, but until you're a foot away from someone they don't pay attention to it! It needs a louder horn.

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your Go-Go scooter. We also appreciate your feedback about the horn. Did you know that the turning radius of the Jazzy Zero Turn is so tight, you can turn the scooter around in an elevator? The next time you visit pridemobility.com, check out our other great product lines. We hope to hear from you again soon!

Original review: June 11, 2018

This is the second Pride Victory 10 that we had in less than a year. Pride swapped the first one out for same reason and no better. It does not even last a half mile and it is less than 2 mos old. This is the same problem as the first one. Cannot take it anywhere. Getting tired of driving an hour each way to be checked, the back to be fixed. With my husband on Oxygen - I can't have him getting stranded with a machine that is not reliable.

Pride Mobility response

Original review: March 30, 2018

Quantum 4Front power rehab chair... It can't get wet and it leaves you stranded in the middle of the street for a complete reset before it moves. This chair is so useless it will leave you with a $30,000 bill stranded in the middle of a wet road praying it resets before a tractor trailer resets you. PS forget about customer service! Stuck with a $30k lemon that shuts off on flat floors if you spilled water. The uselessness of this chair is over the moon! Let the buyer beware! Customer service sent me to my provider who sent me to the company who told me that they couldn't talk to me anymore because I needed to seek legal action. No remedy no solution, this is not acceptable.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I got a brand new Jazzy 600ES Wheelchair in September 2017. Right away, it was having issues. I was told to give it a month or 2, and the hard seat will be more comfortable, and the bumps and jarring would be smoother. In the meantime, I discovered that the wheelchair does fine on flat or downhill, but any incline, and it goes EXTREMELY slow, starts beeping and will just shut off! My mailbox is at the bottom of a hill, and several times I have been stuck down there, unable to get back up into the house for several hours, in the cold. I called Pride Mobility about the issue, but they referred me to Scootaround, who in turn told me to call Desert Medical, who delivered the chair. Desert Medical then told me that Jazzy has no warranty on their products, and I would have to pay out of pocket to fix something that was an issue right from the start, and straight from the factory.

I then again called Pride to verify if this was true and correct. Indeed it is, they REFUSE to stand behind their defective product! I talked to a woman who said that they never guarantee their product and you have to pay extra to buy a warranty to that covers just parts, not service or labor cost! What a joke! If I had known this, I would have NEVER bought their product! I live in a Retirement Community, and since have talked to many people who ALL are HIGHLY DISSATISFIED with Desert Medical and Jazzy products! Shame on Pride for their lack of true pride in Craftsmanship!

Original review: July 21, 2017

It has very comfortable seating, soft yet firm, ideal for those who have to spend long periods of time confined to the scooter. It is extremely easy to maneuver with a very small turning ratio. The controls themselves are easy to master and it takes about 30 seconds to learn. You should be able to move the controller off of the arm, either to the other arm or to hold in your lap in case of injury to your dominant hand. It was completely customizable when ordering. They take measurements of you as well as your home, doorways, halls steps, and also make it to accommodate any and all medical equipment that you are required to use.

On the other hand, they should make the seat height adjustable and arms able to flip up so that you are able to sit at tables more easily. You should be able to move the controller from your dominant hand to the other side, or to be able to keep it in your lap if you so choose to make it easier to maneuver in stores. Nevertheless, the scooter is very easy to operate. It has the controller conveniently located and secure so that it doesn't fall.

Original review: July 15, 2017

It has a rabbit speed and a turtle speed so I can go slow or fast. It travels well over gravel and grass. It has a horn that isn't annoying. I like that it is a medium weight and not too light and I can buy accessories later to help haul things which will help when I go shopping. On the other hand, it wants to tip over on uneven ground. Needs more stability on uneven ground. The basket attachment is too small and does not hold much. It needs a bigger basket to hold my purse, water bottle, sack of snack etc. It is also very heavy to lift. I wish it had an easier way of breaking it down into lighter pieces. Nevertheless, I keep it put together so I don't have to undo it. I just get on it then turn the key, and press the lever on the right to go forward, on the left to back up. I adjust the speed by turning a knob toward either the rabbit or the turtle.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I like the size of this scooter. It is not too big and my husband can lift it up and put it in our car. This is a simple scooter. It is easy to hook up and charge. I also like the arm rest. They move up and down. The back of the seat moves as well. This is also easy to use. You set down, turn the switch to on and just start going. No key is required. You either grip the right level to move forward or you grip the left level to move backwards. There is also a neutral level but you cannot use the scooter if the level is in neutral. I would have liked a 4 wheel scooter though. I wish that my scooter had a key lock too. Also, it would be nice if it went faster. I feel that this scooter goes too slow. I wish the weight limit was a little higher as well. The bottom of the scooter is too low to the ground. I went somewhere and it was very hard for the scooter to go over something. Otherwise a very convenient scooter.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Comfort, stylish and easy to transport when I go places. I have a bad back and fibromyalgia so the need for a scooter is a must. When we go to Disney we always take my Pride scooter or I could not make it through the day. It makes my life so much better as there was a time I could not make it all day at Disney and my family seemed disappointed that we would have to leave early. Also, it’s easy to turn corners and great braking as people tend to stop in front of me. However, it’s still too heavy. Could be lighter. Batteries are too expensive as well. I have 2 scooters but can't get new batteries. If batteries were smaller and cheaper it would make life a lot easier. That would be my biggest complaint. I already had to have to pay over 1000 for the scooter.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I like the navigation features. It's compact and easy to use. Cuts corners well and has great battery life. I also like the multi speed function because sometimes I need to move faster as well as the swat adjust feature. I can put my seat as high or low as needed. It is great and I love all the features. It is wonderful. On the other hand, it can have bigger tires but I don't think it would move as well or maybe just maybe a smaller seat. Also, cruise control can be added or maybe a steering wheel. Other than that, it's an easy process. All you do is get on start and go. Never had any start or stop issues. Always been reliable and easy to operate. Battery charges good and all. I just love Pride Mobility better than any other Scooter. It's cool, fun and great. It is awesome and highly recommended.

Original review: July 11, 2017

It is very easy to use as it has a easy throttle. It is not too big so fits places very easily. It handles turns very well and handles most terrains with ease. I also like how easy it is to disassemble and to put it in the back of the van, as we do not have a power lift in the van. It seems to be very durable and has a great repair warranty. The only thing I would improve is to make it more light weight. When taking it apart to put it in the van it does weigh a bit and I would like it to be a little less. Maybe also making the battery life a little longer. But overall, I love it!

Original review: July 10, 2017

The Pride scooter was fairly easy to navigate with and easy enough to use for most things like going to the store, but did not travel well. Although not heavily padded, it was fairly comfortable to sit in. As long as I was willing and able to take my own car with the hydraulic lift on the back, it worked fine. However, it wasn't as portable as the Luggie I have now purchased and use. This one weighs only 51 pounds, and folds up small. Even though the airlines would accommodate it in their cargo hold, we could not use it in a rental car unless we totally broke it down to four parts. I always had to take my car when going with friends.

Pride Mobility expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Pride Mobility has wheelchair and scooter lift solutions for minivans, SUVs and full-size vans. Some Pride Mobility lift systems are eligible for rebates under certain auto manufacturers’ mobility programs. These can range from $500 to $1200. Additional features from Pride Mobility include the Swing-Away Adaptor, battery packs to eliminate the need for a complex wiring system, in-house chargers, hitch extensions and weather covers.

• Backpacker AVP 2.0: This hybrid lift uses a platform to raise a mobility device up and into the back of a vehicle. Dual remotes and a securement strap keep the Backpacker easy and safe to use.

• Commander 200 Trunk Mount: This interior lift can move up to 200 pounds. The four-point lifting kit is easy to use and makes raising your mobility device up and into the vehicle as effortless as possible.

• Outlander: This exterior lift can be attached to your trailer hitch, and even transferred to another vehicle, with little effort. Equipped with several high-tech features, like a phosphate undercoating to help prevent wear and tear from inclement weather, this exterior lift is a good choice for tech enthusiasts.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs