2. Elder Care
  3. Mobility Scooters

4.1/5 (34 ratings)

About Pride Mobility

Pride Mobility Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pride Mobility?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pride Mobility?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

We purchased a Pride Mobility Victory LX, and it took about six weeks to receive it. Once we got it, we thought the wait would be over. Unfortunately, we were wrong. In about a month, the stitching was coming apart on the seat. We requested a seat replacement, and we’re still waiting, two months later. Then, the motor started making noise, and a light was coming on that shouldn’t. We went to the Nebraska Scooter Mart, the place where we purchased the product. They told us that the motor and differential needed replaced, and there was a flat spot on the wheel. In addition, a computer board in the tiller assembly was cracked. We used this scooter normally. There was no reason for this to happen in the span of six weeks.

The Nebraska Scooter Mart was able to replace the wheel and the board, but they told us that the drive assembly and seat were on backorder and that it would not be available for a month. We called them after the month had passed, and they told us they did not yet have them. We called the company who told us there was nothing they could do. They said they had sent the seat, but there was nothing they could do about the drive assembly. The part wouldn’t be in until yet another month. There was nothing they could do about the fact that they sold a defective product they could not service even if my husband could not move around well without it. We asked them if they could extend the warranty since they could not service the product in a timely manner. They said we had to ask the dealer if they would extend the warranty. I would not recommend this company or their scooters.

Hello Sahar,

Thank you for your message. We're very sorry to hear about these issues with your Victory Scooter. Can you please provide the serial number for your scooter? It begins with an S, and is 14 digits long. Look for a white barcode sticker on the seat post. (the battery pack may need to be removed).

Can you please email your serial number to marketing@pridemobility.com so we can look into this matter?

Pride Mobility

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I purchased the Pride GoGo Elite Plus scooter from my local National Seating and Mobility dealer in 2018 and it worked great for a couple years. My wife and I were able to take the scooter apart, load it in our hatchback and take it to all of our favorite parks and destinations. The scooter was always assembled according to the owners manual and fit together....until it didn't. There is a design flaw with this scooter and probably other Pride products. The front section (with the battery and steering column) make a connection with the rear section(motor). The connection involves "prongs" fitting into small metal sheathes. This allows power to go from the battery to the motor. So, if the prongs are slightly askew they will crumple these very thin metal sheathes at which point the scooter is inoperable.

I called Pride customer service to discuss this issue thinking they would acknowledge that this shouldn't happen. After all, they don't mention anywhere in their owner's manual about the importance of assembling the scooter with carefulness not to be off a fraction of an inch so you don't crumple these small sheathes. The Pride Customer service agent contacted their in-company technician and was given the answer that "this is not a design flaw" therefore, I, the customer, used the product improperly. At this point we just went in circles as I was pleading with her to advocate for me. This got me nowhere.

At this point, I'm left with the option of replacing the motor section of the scooter for apx. $750 when a brand new scooter cost $1100. At the very least, all I wanted was for Pride to acknowledge that I had a legitimate complaint, that it wasn't my fault that the scooter broke while I was putting it together exactly how the owner's manual states. They couldn't do that. I suppose they will respond to this review with a statement that makes them sound concerned about the customer but don't be fooled, they aren't going to do anything for me or any of the other people that wrote bad reviews about their products.

Pride Mobility response

Hi James. Thank you for providing your feedback. We’re sorry to hear you are having a negative experience with your scooter. Can you please email your contact information to marketing@pridemobility.com? Our customer service team manager has been informed of your review and he would like to speak with you directly to assist. In addition, we are sending your review to our Research and Development team to look for opportunities to improve the product.

Pride Mobility Products

Get buying tips about Mobility Scooters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Had a fuse blow in a Pride Raptor. Per user manual fuses are under the seat. Could only find 1 fuse and found out pride purposefully doesn't reveal the locations of all fuses. Found a fuse buried within the tiller that not only controlled the electrical system but most likely fried my S-Drive. After going through the user manual line by line and not finding one mention of a fuse in the tiller I read on a blog that this is done to make you have to get it serviced instead of fixing yourself. Now that is the blogger's opinion and not proven fact but it makes sense. I question why the manual specifically states the fuses are under the seat and pretty much hide the location of the more important fuses. It's a paper weight being sold for part now as I have been without a much needed scooter due to my disability for months now. Next one won't be a pride. I personally consider this unethical and done in bad faith.

Dear John,
    We're very sorry to hear about the blown fuse in your Raptor. We recommend that consumers take their product to their authorized Pride dealer for any repairs. This is for safety reasons, as our products are considered medical devices and are regulated by the FDA. Authorized Pride providers have technicians on staff that are trained to troubleshoot and complete repairs to our mobility products. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Pride Mobility

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

After doing much research I decided to purchase a Pride Mobility Victory LX Sport mobility scooter. I contacted 2 local dealers and obtained competitive pricing. I selected one based upon their reputation and price. I ordered the scooter on a Monday and it arrived just 2 days later (Wednesday) via a freight carrier in 2 boxes. The dealer I purchased from also provided free assembly at my home and the technician arrived within 2 hours of the delivery. Assembly, checkout and training was completed within 1 hour. I even received a follow up call from the dealer sales manager asking if everything was to my satisfaction. I was impressed from order to delivery and setup by the professionalism of all involved in the process.

I've had the scooter for 2 days and while I'm very pleased with it there are several observations I want to make.

1. Seat height adjustment. I'm 6 feet 4 inches tall and weight 260 pounds. When assembled the technician placed the seat post in the highest/uppermost position. Even then I feel the seat is not high enough. My knees are higher (when seated) than my hips and I've always been told both should be the same height. The seat post should be taller/longer with additional holes to make the seat higher.

2. The LED battery power indicator on the dash is too bright at nighttime. It's bright to the point that it can be difficult to see in front of the scooter.
    3. The front headlight brightness is pretty pathetic. It barely lights more than 10 feet in front of the scooter. The 'puddle' light illuminating the floor is far brighter than the headlight!

All things considered I'm pleased with the performance of this scooter and would recommend this model.

Hello Carl,

thank you so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your customer experience. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future.

Resolution response: July 24, 2020

The company did not solve my problem! My email today explains the rejection. Thank You and email me if there is anything you require.

Original review: July 19, 2020

Updated on 08/13/2020: This a follow up of bad review against Pride Mobility in reference to a lift chair. The company said that the retailer would either re-stuff the chair or would get a cushion for me. As of August 12,2020 I have not gotten either one. I contacted the retailer and have not heard back from them. I have also phoned them and upon leaving messages I have yet to hear from them. Problem not solved!!!!

Updated on 07/24/2020: I made a review in the last few days concerning Pride Mobility. Product is lift chair. I did receive the proper emails. I want to advise that the so called Support Manager rejected my complaint. I sent an Email to the CEO and then a second email, The second email was returned to me because the CEO blocked it. It also explained that it was Access denied!

This was rude and extremely unprofessional. It really was difficult to understand this. The CEO got tired of my complaining. He took the easy way out because he did not want to deal with it. Pride Mobility is a multinational company and they apparently do not care. Where is consumer care? Bottom line is case not resolved. I have to discard my lift chair. It cost $1200.00. I have a heart condition, stage 3 heart failure and the lift chair was highly recommended by both my primary and cardiologist. I just want to prevent and protect future users of this product. It excludes fabric or the wearing out of the seat. Buyer be aware!

Original Review: I purchased a pride lift chair PLR-975 on Sept 18,2018. It carried a MSRP of approx $1600.00 The chair is mechanically sound but has lost all of its comfort as you can not sit on it for more than one hour. My layman term would be bottom out? It is sincerely useless. I am so frustrated because I was prescribed the lift chair by my cardiologist for Stage Three Heart Failure. After contacting my health provider the sales Representative contacted me and came to my home on July 16,2020. Jud indirectly told me that there is no functionality issues and did not cover fabric and or cushioning of seat. Simply said what good is a medically prescribed lift chair if I can not use it!!!! Pride Mobility should have a moral responsibility and simply do the right thing.

Hello Jerry,

We've spoken to your provider, Medical Supply Depot. They examined the chair and found no manufacturing flaws. The provider has gone above and beyond to assist you, offering a cushion or added foam to make the chair more comfortable. If you aren't comfortable in the chair, we suggest taking the provider up on a cushion or having additional foam added. Thank you!

Original review: July 9, 2020

I recently purchased a used Pride Go-Go LX CTS Suspension 2 to 3 year old scooter for my special needs brother. It was never used and basically like brand new. After driving it around 4 miles I could hear what sounded like the axle bearing grinding. Sure enough the bearing was no good. I spoke to Pride and they told me I have to get parts from dealer only and they can't give me any part numbers or diagrams to order parts. I won't get into the person I spoke to at Pride but respect goes a long way in this world we are living in.

After getting the dealer to find out about this bearing I was informed I had to purchase the entire axle that included the motor and brake costing $489. So in a nutshell, a $5 bearing at most becomes an almost $500 fix just in parts, which indicates to me this is a very poor designed product that is going to end up in the scrap yard sooner than later. Would this make it a quality scooter that is good for the consumer and environment? Would this be a scooter you would purchase in the future?

Hello Jake,

We're very sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with your experience with our customer care department. We sincerely apologize. We are happy to refer you to a local authorized Pride dealer in your area. They can service the scooter. If the axle bearing is bad, the entire drive assembly would need to be replaced. The dealer can obtain a quote for you. Please reach out to marketing@pridemobility.com and we can send you a list of dealers. Thank you!

Original review: May 24, 2020

Updated on 10/15/2020: They have no intention of giving back money for a damaged powerchair. I filed a complaint and get a "I'm sorry crap response". There have been lawsuits against Pride for their chairs catching fire and people have burnt up in them and died. At first I tried to get a replacement chair that was not damaged. Now I want my money back. They sent the wrong charger with the chair (one that is no longer made). Pride said to deal with the Home Health Store. The Home Health Store said they would talk to Pride.

Right now The Home Health Store has the junk chair and even agreed with me that these chairs are a piece of junk. Steve said if I had spoke with him instead of the CEO then he would have recommend a different brand. I asked why they are an authorized dealer and was told "I don't know". I guess Pride and the Home Health Store both feel proud: They have my money and the junk chair. UK had a class action lawsuit against Pride. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY. They ripped me off $3,779.00. I am an amputee and need a power chair. They have no intention of giving me a refund. I have got the run around for months. The chair died after 3 months. It was damaged when I received it.

Original Review: Part over right wheel was broke. Joystick will not adjust. The rod under the armrest shows that someone had taken pliers to it. It is all scratched up. Have not had the chair for 1 week and it makes a squealing noise. I called Pride and the woman was rude and told me that I chose to buy it from Home Health Store so call them. I can't find where an 8 amp charger comes with the chair, but that's what I got. I highly recommend people stay away from Pride Jazzy. This company is not what it used to be. They will not stand behind their defective products.

Hello Deborah,

We're so sorry to hear that you received a product that did not meet your expectations. Our customers are at the center of everything we do, so we take complaints very seriously. Did you contact the Home Health Store to let them know that the product was damaged? We'd like to discuss the issue with you. Please reach out to marketing@pridemobility.com so we can discuss a solution. We look forward to hearing from you!

Original review: March 13, 2020

I bought the Raptor three just over 2 weeks ago. I am disabled and love the scooter because it gives me a little freedom from having to ask for a ride every place I need to go. When I stepped onto the scooter the part where your feet rest it cracked. I believe it's called a deck shroud. The scooter is supposed to be rated to 400 pounds. I weigh 280. I called the place I bought it and they said that they can quote me a price for a replacement. I told them that it's only been a couple of weeks since I bought it. I was told that it doesn't matter how long I've had it. So I called the manufacturer and they referred me back to the dealer. So I guess I'm out of luck. Next one I get will not be from this manufacturer.

Hello Philip,

We're so sorry to hear about the issue with the shroud on your Raptor. We understand your frustration. Unfortunately, our warranty does not cover "wear and tear" items, such as the shroud. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Regarding the weight capacity: You are correct. The Raptor scooter is indeed rated for a 400-lb. weight capacity. However, the weight capacity is measured based on when the user is sitting in the captain's seat on the scooter. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

The foot rest is too narrow in front and extremely narrow from back. When I make a fast turn my foot slips off and falls between edge of foot rest and wheel. If I move my foot even an inch it falls off the narrow footrest and gets trapped in front wheel. This has caused severe injury to my ankles and fear someday will break my ankle. So right now chair sits idle while I use my wife's. So if you have big feet this is not the wheel chair for you.

Hello Jerry,

We're so sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your product. Our customers are at the center of everything we do, so we take complaints very seriously. We'd like to get some additional information from you so we can assist you further. Can you please email us at marketing@pridemobility.com with your contact information, as well as the serial number of your product? We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Pride Mobility

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We purchased a Pride Raptor in February of this year, and have had battery issues with it since the beginning. It did not have a range of 30 miles, more like 8 miles. Pride provided new batteries but now the motor is burned out. The new motor is on backorder and maybe will be in at the end of the month. We also purchased a brand new model Pride Wrangler on August 9th since my husband wanted a more off the road scooter. Well, that one lasted two weeks before the front tires went bald. The new tires and parts were supposed to ship last Tuesday but I was told yesterday, they may be shipped October 7th. I do not trust anything Pride tells me anymore. I have been put off too many times in the last 7 months.

We have over $8,000 invested in these two scooters and have nothing to show for it but two broke down machines outside my front door. We had a vacation planned for the month of October, and now we can't go waiting on a possible shipment of the parts for these scooters, and there is no assurance that the parts will ever come in. I have contacted the company and get the attitude of "aw well, there is nothing we can do". They didn't have that attitude when we were sold these scooters. They seem to forget disabled people use these products and their life is upended when they break down. It's just a business to them. They don't seem to care for their customers. I told them yesterday that I would never buy a Pride product again. I feel like I have thrown away $8,000. That is painful for someone on a fixed income.

Hello Linda,

we're so sorry to hear about the issues with your Pride products. We value customer feedback and take complaints very seriously. We'd like to reach out to you and assist further, but we need some additional information. Can you please send an email to marketing@pridemobility.com with your contact information, as well as the serial numbers for both the Raptor and Wrangler scooters? We look forward to hearing from you and working towards earning back your business. Thank you.

Pride Mobility author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Pride Mobility has wheelchair and scooter lift solutions for minivans, SUVs and full-size vans. Some Pride Mobility lift systems are eligible for rebates under certain auto manufacturers’ mobility programs. These can range from $500 to $1200. Additional features from Pride Mobility include the Swing-Away Adaptor, battery packs to eliminate the need for a complex wiring system, in-house chargers, hitch extensions and weather covers.

• Backpacker AVP 2.0: This hybrid lift uses a platform to raise a mobility device up and into the back of a vehicle. Dual remotes and a securement strap keep the Backpacker easy and safe to use.

• Commander 200 Trunk Mount: This interior lift can move up to 200 pounds. The four-point lifting kit is easy to use and makes raising your mobility device up and into the vehicle as effortless as possible.

• Outlander: This exterior lift can be attached to your trailer hitch, and even transferred to another vehicle, with little effort. Equipped with several high-tech features, like a phosphate undercoating to help prevent wear and tear from inclement weather, this exterior lift is a good choice for tech enthusiasts.

Pride Mobility Company Information