3.54/5
Based on 35 reviews that contain star ratings

35 Pride Mobility Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Perhaps the 1 star is not a fair rating. My wife has a Jazzy Ultra close to ten years, but we have a Jazzy 1103 Ser # ** as a back up. This unit had been sitting for a long period of time and the batteries would not hold a charge. Having change the batteries in the Ultra, I got some help to pull the seat (I'm 88, not as strong as I use to be!). The first thing I noted was that in order to remove the front battery, I would have to remove structural bracing, plus I still have figured out how to remove the plastic shroud. Anyway I removed the bracing and the batteries. I then inserted the new batteries, connected the rear battery, all is fine.

Comes the front battery, and when I came to connect the positive, you would have thought that I was arc welding. I disconnected the circuit breaker. Tried connecting the connected battery there. This time I burned my hand. I ordered a new 50 amp circuit breaker, same thing! I could not understand since the battery was connected to nothing except the circuit breaker??? Now I began to search the internet for a wiring diagram for the Jazzy 1103. Oh yes there is one in the owner manual, that looks as though a kid drew it. Nothing detailed. I tried writing Pride Customer's Service. No response! Tried another E mail earlier today, and when I got done writing, it disappeared!

Now our situation: My wife is disabled and under Hospice Care. I am her only caretaker. We live in a small town 50 miles from anywhere! As I said before, I'm 88, and getting up and down on the floor, using a flashlight to see clearly under the shroud, would have been no problem for me maybe 8, 9, or 10 years ago. Oh yes as I said before, how does this battery connect to the unit? The connection is self contained, positive and negative, both connecting to the circuit breaker, nothing else??? As I said before, my wife's Jazzy 1103 Ultra, you could ask for a better power chair, and easy, easy to work on, but, oh well you know what I'm think---.

Hello Earle,

we're sorry to hear about your experience with your wife's Jazzy power chair. We would like to work with you and provide helpful information regarding proper procedure for changing batteries on our mobility products. Please give us a call at 800-800-4258 at your earliest convenience. We look forward to speaking with you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Have use the Victory 10 one time. Cannot get it to latch the front onto the rear. Contacting Pride Mobility was pointless - kept telling us to contact the seller. One would think that the manufacturer would be able to help with the problem. My spouse is ready to take it to the lobby of the manufacturing plant and drop it off and see if they can put it back together. They show all types of videos on how to disassemble it but don't try to find anything on how they assemble it, or any troubleshooting guides for assembly. Very disgusted.

Danielle,

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with our customer care department. We have a high standard of expectations when it comes to helping our customers fulfill their needs. Please give us a call at 800-800-4258 at your earliest convenience. We look forward to speaking with you and resolving this situation!

Get expert buying tips about Mobility Scooters delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

My wife has had a full size Jazzy wheelchair with two big, main wheels and four stabilizers. I have only one gripe. While it goes as fast as you would want it to (up to around six miles an hour) and handles well ("turns on a dime" as they say), while it has got my wife where she wants to go, we cannot seem to get the parts we need (new set of the small wheels and footrest). Called Pride for the parts but was referred to our local supplier, and have waited, I would say close to a month, for anything to get done. Still waiting. I believe our supplier has a local monopoly and such does not usually or always come with the best customer service. If my wife waits much longer I'm afraid the small wheels, which are of a rubbery substance and the worse for wear, won't hold out and may cause accidental injury.

Hi Bill,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with one of our local providers. We would like to speak with you about this situation and make things right. Please give us a call at 800-800-4258 at your earliest convenience. We look forward to speaking with you!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Got one little problem with my grandpa's scooter and your customer service just made sure me and my family will never buy Pride again! The only good thing I can say is thanks for letting me down early, probably saving me a lot of trouble.

Hi Bobby,

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with our customer care department. We have a high standard of expectations when it comes to helping our customers fulfill their needs. Please give us a call at 800-800-4258 at your earliest convenience. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards earning back your business.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I have only had the scooter 9 months on second battery, there is a malfunction somewhere w/ the scooter! It does not make any sense why the battery only last two months, I'm terrified to even go anywhere on it. Am going to be stuck, and yes it has happened more than once. Needless to say biggest regret of my life!

Hello Pamela,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with your scooter. We would like to speak with you about this situation and make things right. Please give us a call at 800-800-4258 at your earliest convenience. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards earning back your business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pride Mobility?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Upon seeing your product I purchased it to not only go around the neighborhood, but also to travel to locations in my truck. After using this product it’s nothing but great. This as it can handle a lot of weight, its speed can be from the slowest crawl to the speed of a jogger, as it comes apart easily I can transport it, it has no problem going up hills or up my ramp on my truck, seating is extremely comfortable & adjustable, it has many attachments that helps me in so many ways, I found it easily adjustable seat can be fitted to most, I can even ride at night, have the ability to once again go long term shopping, and gave me back my life.

Prior to my accident I had visited Disney World parks almost 200 times over the years. This had stopped prior to your product’s use until now. It handled the all Disney parks without any issues, was easy to navigate in the crowds, and the power usage was great as the power gauge never dropped even after all day use at several parks (with the use of a phone charger on it too). The scooter also received numerous comments from other visitors at the park interested in your product.

I just wanted to thank you so much for letting me get out of my house with a product that is extremely affordable for its high benefits. Your lifelong friend.

Pride Mobility response

Hello David, thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your product. Did you know our power lift recliners offer countless position combinations to meet your comfort needs? The next time you visit pridemobility.com, check out our other great product lines. We hope to hear from you again soon!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

This Jazzy ZT is my second Pride scooter. About 4 months old the transaxle went out. Pride did not want to replace it. Have they finally ship a replacement not paying for service call or labor. First Pride less than year old same thing Went out twice. I will not buy another Pride scooter.

Hi Allan,

That is very unusual. Are you dialing this number? 800-800-4258. The number takes you to our Consumer Call Center. You might have to wait a few minutes to speak to a representative if they are busy with other callers, but someone will get to you!

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience with our Jazzy Zero Turn. We would like to speak with you about this situation and make things right. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards earning back your business.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I have a Quantum 600 XL power wheelchair that I am extremely happy with. I've had my chair for about 3 years and in that time I can verify that I have gone over 2700 miles! My chair came with a digital controller. Keeps track of my mileage, speed, time and percentage of battery strength. I can't walk but a step or two before I would fall so this chair replaces my legs. I'm fortunate that I live in a city and state with hundreds of miles of bike trails that enables me to use my chair to for my doctor appointments, dental appointments, grocery store, restaurants and enables me to get to my family's home that is 3 miles from my apartment.

I've been out in snow and ice for my mail and to take out trash. Ninety plus degree temperature in the summer and I have been caught in the rain. Two plastic shopping bags around the controller keeps it dry. The reliability of the chair is most impressive to me. You would think after 2700 mile the chair would be falling apart but it's not! I've had to tighten the screws that hold my fenders on, replace my batteries once and keep the chair clean. I will be replacing my drive tires and outrigger tires in the near future but that is to be expected. If someone would have told me that I could have traveled from Idaho to the East coast on my chair I would tell them no way but I could have. Thank you Pride Mobility giving me my life back.

Hello Bob!

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Quantum power chair. Have you heard about the Edge 3 with 4.5 mph iLevel? The next time you visit quantumrehab.com, check out our other products we offer. We hope to hear from you again soon!

Original review: June 21, 2018

The Pride Go Go 4 wheel Scooter is a good scooter, but it has a major flaw. No one can hear the horn! I can lean on the horn all day, but until you're a foot away from someone they don't pay attention to it! It needs a louder horn.

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your Go-Go scooter. We also appreciate your feedback about the horn. Did you know that the turning radius of the Jazzy Zero Turn is so tight, you can turn the scooter around in an elevator? The next time you visit pridemobility.com, check out our other great product lines. We hope to hear from you again soon!

Original review: June 11, 2018

This is the second Pride Victory 10 that we had in less than a year. Pride swapped the first one out for same reason and no better. It does not even last a half mile and it is less than 2 mos old. This is the same problem as the first one. Cannot take it anywhere. Getting tired of driving an hour each way to be checked, the back to be fixed. With my husband on Oxygen - I can't have him getting stranded with a machine that is not reliable.

Pride Mobility response

When it comes to our company, our customers are at the center of everything we do. Pride is dedicated to manufacturing the highest quality products. We are passionate about enabling consumers to achieve their mobility goals and enhancing their quality of life.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Quantum 4Front power rehab chair... It can't get wet and it leaves you stranded in the middle of the street for a complete reset before it moves. This chair is so useless it will leave you with a $30,000 bill stranded in the middle of a wet road praying it resets before a tractor trailer resets you. PS forget about customer service! Stuck with a $30k lemon that shuts off on flat floors if you spilled water. The uselessness of this chair is over the moon! Let the buyer beware! Customer service sent me to my provider who sent me to the company who told me that they couldn't talk to me anymore because I needed to seek legal action. No remedy no solution, this is not acceptable.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I got a brand new Jazzy 600ES Wheelchair in September 2017. Right away, it was having issues. I was told to give it a month or 2, and the hard seat will be more comfortable, and the bumps and jarring would be smoother. In the meantime, I discovered that the wheelchair does fine on flat or downhill, but any incline, and it goes EXTREMELY slow, starts beeping and will just shut off! My mailbox is at the bottom of a hill, and several times I have been stuck down there, unable to get back up into the house for several hours, in the cold. I called Pride Mobility about the issue, but they referred me to Scootaround, who in turn told me to call Desert Medical, who delivered the chair. Desert Medical then told me that Jazzy has no warranty on their products, and I would have to pay out of pocket to fix something that was an issue right from the start, and straight from the factory.

I then again called Pride to verify if this was true and correct. Indeed it is, they REFUSE to stand behind their defective product! I talked to a woman who said that they never guarantee their product and you have to pay extra to buy a warranty to that covers just parts, not service or labor cost! What a joke! If I had known this, I would have NEVER bought their product! I live in a Retirement Community, and since have talked to many people who ALL are HIGHLY DISSATISFIED with Desert Medical and Jazzy products! Shame on Pride for their lack of true pride in Craftsmanship!

Original review: July 21, 2017

It has very comfortable seating, soft yet firm, ideal for those who have to spend long periods of time confined to the scooter. It is extremely easy to maneuver with a very small turning ratio. The controls themselves are easy to master and it takes about 30 seconds to learn. You should be able to move the controller off of the arm, either to the other arm or to hold in your lap in case of injury to your dominant hand. It was completely customizable when ordering. They take measurements of you as well as your home, doorways, halls steps, and also make it to accommodate any and all medical equipment that you are required to use.

On the other hand, they should make the seat height adjustable and arms able to flip up so that you are able to sit at tables more easily. You should be able to move the controller from your dominant hand to the other side, or to be able to keep it in your lap if you so choose to make it easier to maneuver in stores. Nevertheless, the scooter is very easy to operate. It has the controller conveniently located and secure so that it doesn't fall.

Original review: July 15, 2017

It has a rabbit speed and a turtle speed so I can go slow or fast. It travels well over gravel and grass. It has a horn that isn't annoying. I like that it is a medium weight and not too light and I can buy accessories later to help haul things which will help when I go shopping. On the other hand, it wants to tip over on uneven ground. Needs more stability on uneven ground. The basket attachment is too small and does not hold much. It needs a bigger basket to hold my purse, water bottle, sack of snack etc. It is also very heavy to lift. I wish it had an easier way of breaking it down into lighter pieces. Nevertheless, I keep it put together so I don't have to undo it. I just get on it then turn the key, and press the lever on the right to go forward, on the left to back up. I adjust the speed by turning a knob toward either the rabbit or the turtle.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I like the size of this scooter. It is not too big and my husband can lift it up and put it in our car. This is a simple scooter. It is easy to hook up and charge. I also like the arm rest. They move up and down. The back of the seat moves as well. This is also easy to use. You set down, turn the switch to on and just start going. No key is required. You either grip the right level to move forward or you grip the left level to move backwards. There is also a neutral level but you cannot use the scooter if the level is in neutral. I would have liked a 4 wheel scooter though. I wish that my scooter had a key lock too. Also, it would be nice if it went faster. I feel that this scooter goes too slow. I wish the weight limit was a little higher as well. The bottom of the scooter is too low to the ground. I went somewhere and it was very hard for the scooter to go over something. Otherwise a very convenient scooter.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Comfort, stylish and easy to transport when I go places. I have a bad back and fibromyalgia so the need for a scooter is a must. When we go to Disney we always take my Pride scooter or I could not make it through the day. It makes my life so much better as there was a time I could not make it all day at Disney and my family seemed disappointed that we would have to leave early. Also, it’s easy to turn corners and great braking as people tend to stop in front of me. However, it’s still too heavy. Could be lighter. Batteries are too expensive as well. I have 2 scooters but can't get new batteries. If batteries were smaller and cheaper it would make life a lot easier. That would be my biggest complaint. I already had to have to pay over 1000 for the scooter.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I like the navigation features. It's compact and easy to use. Cuts corners well and has great battery life. I also like the multi speed function because sometimes I need to move faster as well as the swat adjust feature. I can put my seat as high or low as needed. It is great and I love all the features. It is wonderful. On the other hand, it can have bigger tires but I don't think it would move as well or maybe just maybe a smaller seat. Also, cruise control can be added or maybe a steering wheel. Other than that, it's an easy process. All you do is get on start and go. Never had any start or stop issues. Always been reliable and easy to operate. Battery charges good and all. I just love Pride Mobility better than any other Scooter. It's cool, fun and great. It is awesome and highly recommended.

Original review: July 11, 2017

It is very easy to use as it has a easy throttle. It is not too big so fits places very easily. It handles turns very well and handles most terrains with ease. I also like how easy it is to disassemble and to put it in the back of the van, as we do not have a power lift in the van. It seems to be very durable and has a great repair warranty. The only thing I would improve is to make it more light weight. When taking it apart to put it in the van it does weigh a bit and I would like it to be a little less. Maybe also making the battery life a little longer. But overall, I love it!

Original review: July 10, 2017

The Pride scooter was fairly easy to navigate with and easy enough to use for most things like going to the store, but did not travel well. Although not heavily padded, it was fairly comfortable to sit in. As long as I was willing and able to take my own car with the hydraulic lift on the back, it worked fine. However, it wasn't as portable as the Luggie I have now purchased and use. This one weighs only 51 pounds, and folds up small. Even though the airlines would accommodate it in their cargo hold, we could not use it in a rental car unless we totally broke it down to four parts. I always had to take my car when going with friends.

Original review: July 9, 2017

It is easy to navigate and control the Pride Mobility. It is the perfect size, not too heavy or bulky and easy to get in and out tight spaces. I can use it to go anywhere. But, the tires should be a little wider and maybe add a wheel. Other than that, it has amazing features, runs really well, and does not need to be charged as long as other brands. It's amazing and I absolutely love this.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Pride Mobility is a great product that does as it should. It is just as good as the others, if not better, and excellent for being an off brand. Also, it costs less than a higher end brand but still is adequate. It is very easy to use, if not the easiest of any on the market, and it is extremely safe and secure for anyone who is in need to use it.

Original review: July 5, 2017

It is a dream to use for me, turn it on and press the lever for going forward, there is nothing complicated about it. And when I have a bad RA flare it is so good when we have to go to the doctor's medical building. It works for me very well around our living area both inside and out, it is easy to care for and easy to handle, and we take and load it when we go on vacation or to events in our area, I love it. If there is anything I would improve on maybe longer life battery or an extra battery when you know you will be using it a lot, even if it had a self charging battery that charges the extra battery, like in an RV.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Easy control, long battery, gets me around. I love how I can travel down dirt roads and have hardly any problems out of it and it makes life a whole lot easier to maneuver around the house. But, I wish there were like padded seats or cushions rather than just leather seats because it rubs my back raw. I would love to be able to ride around all day without having to get up or down without just to switch seats. Other than that, I am extremely satisfied.

Original review: July 2, 2017

This is a nice and solid scooter. It changed my life. It's easy to maneuver into tight spaces. It's lightweight and very easy to use and take apart (after figuring it out the first time with directions that could be clearer) so it can be transported. Once you get it assembled, (directions could use a bit of tweaking) and like anything, there is a learning curve and after a few rides, it gets to be very easy and fairly simple to operate. That being said, be careful on slopes and rough terrain as this scooter can tip. Seems to work best indoors or on smooth areas. Also, the battery life could be better. 4

Original review: June 29, 2017

The unit is relatively easy to operate and maneuver under flat and normal street type conditions with some consideration over rougher terrain. Much slower power options are required to minimize any potential for non-control or instability. I like the speed and stability of the unit and its design with stabilizers and materials of construction, metal and plastic. But, some possible improvements and or research would be favored by users and providers as a continual improvement action. I would take a look at three areas starting with design criteria for width and height for purposes of stability especially on an incline the other two areas involve the materials of construction in the base and seating.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

My friend’s grandma had bad legs and she couldn’t get up the stairs. So I helped my friend pay for it for her grandma so she can get to where she needs to go without calling her grandchild. My friend how to remodel her grandma stairs because it was fitting on the wall by the stairs but after we got everything situated it worked. It was just hard work but I am satisfied with the results. We really didn’t have to go through customer service with a problem. I know if we did we wouldn’t have any problem because the company was very nice about when they were coming to install. We bought this in June of 2016 and it’s still holding up. Her grandma is very satisfied with this and she doesn’t want to get rid of it. She feels as though she is very independent now and I love to see a smile on her face.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

It's very helpful for my grandmother, makes her feel more mobile and is very accessible, easy to use for us. I didn't install it but it seemed quite easy to install and didn't take long at all. I would recommend it for anyone in need of a scooter. Customer service is great, extremely helpful. My grandmother has called a few times and were very nice. I have never had any issues myself either. The durability is great, I was very worried for my grandmother and the durability of these things. But after everything it was great and has been great ever since.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

We have been using this item for a number of months and have had no problems. Their company has a great customer service department. We have also recommended it to our friends and family. The installation of the item was very easy and the company helped us to complete the process. We have also received positive comments about this from our friends and family. The customer service department is top notch. We have dealt with them a couple of times. They took care of our two problems very quickly to our satisfaction. The durability of the item is terrific. We have had it for a few months and it has held up great. We have also received positive comments about the company's customer service from our friends and family.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

They're very accessible especially if you're tending to a person that relies on it for mobility. Ideally you have to have a subscription to gain access to one. Installation entails making your home mobily accessible to the person with the lift, which can be a hassle based on where you want the product to be installed. The individuals that installed the product were very friendly and helpful in guiding me on what to do and not do. They also tested the product for any defects before leaving me to test it out on my own. Based on how often and frequent it's being used in my home it's very durable and you can tell through the movement it provides and the guidance.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

The accessibility of this product is really amazing. This product allows me to have mobility in places that I otherwise would not have been able to go. The installation of this product I would highly recommend. It was a simple and quick process that when I needed help the website walked me through. I would absolutely and definitely recommend the customer service of this product. They were extremely helpful, friendly, and very knowledgeable. The durability of this product is really great. I believe that this design is completely tough and rugged and will last me for a long duration of my using it.

Pride Mobility expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Pride Mobility Products designs and manufactures mobility scooters, electric wheelchairs, power-lift recliners, stair lifts and ramps. The company was founded in Pittsburgh in 1986 and is now headquartered in Exeter, Pennsylvania. You can find Pride Mobility’s extensive line of products online or at dealerships around the world.

• Jazzy power chair line: Pride’s line of Jazzy power chairs includes a full range of models, from small portable options like the Jazzy Air to the feature-rich deluxe Jazzy Elite. These electric wheelchairs are all built for maneuverability and stability. Weight capacity varies across models.

• Go-Go series: Pride’s lightweight Go-Chair and Go-Go scooters are built for comfort and travel. They disassemble quickly for easy transportation. Go-Go products have weight capacities of up to 300 pounds.

• Selection of scooters: Pride’s line of scooters includes small, lightweight three-wheel scooters built for speed and maneuverability and four-wheel models that offer increased stability. The Victory, Raptor and Maxima series have indoor and outdoor models with various features.

• Help me choose: You can fill out an online form and receive recommendations for scooters or power chairs. This online service is ideal if you’re not sure what you need.

• Power-lift recliners: Pride Mobility Products designs and makes seven different collections of power-lift recliners. Each collection features different cushioning, fabric, colors and reclining positions. Contact a sales representative for a quote.

• Best for: consumers who want power chairs or electric scooters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs