3.7/5 (169 ratings)

About Pride Mobility

Pride Mobility Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pride Mobility?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pride Mobility?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

I have a Pride Ranger mobility scooter on the mobility scheme. 6 months have passed of the 3 year plan. This scooter has been back in to the shop where I acquired it 7/8 times for the same problem every time. Scratching/rubbing noise from either the right or left wheel assembly. The most recent was on 20/08/22. I got the scooter back from shop at 10am & went out on it to local supermarket etc & by 4pm the problem was back to haunt me. I do not know if this is a recurring problem with this make/model of scooter or I am just an unlucky so & so. :) This is just my own personal circumstances of the Pride Ranger.

Hello Clive,

We're so sorry to hear about the issues with your Pride Ranger Scooter. Because we are the Pride U.S. location, and do not sell the Pride Ranger in the states, we are unable to assist you with the issue. Please contact Pride UK for further assistance. You can view their contact information here. Thank you. https://www.pridemobility.com/international/united-kingdom/

Original review: July 19, 2022

I saved up to purchase my 4th scooter with Pride. I had a representative that assisted me with the different devices that were available based on my height, weight and needs. I received my scooter 6 weeks later. The VERY first day that I took it out of the box and drove it I knew there was a problem with it. I almost TIPPED on it 3 times!!! It was shimmying and gyrating to the point where anyone looking at me could notice (you can imagine how embarrassing of a situation this is for an obese woman).

I hurried up and took a video and sent an email while I was out (so this was within 24 hours of receiving the scooter). I've had Representatives hang up on me! From there it's been a fiasco of trying to get a hold of people there has been very little communication and follow through. Now they are telling me that it is going to be basically a $260 restocking fee, they quoted me a price of $375 to ship it back. NOW they have lowered the shipping cost but we're still talking about 50% of all of the money that I spent on the scooter in the first place. They are absolutely taking advantage of older disabled people; owning one of these mobility devices is a PRIVILEGE, your insurance typically does not cover them, I saved up and paid for this out of my own pocket! Refund MY money or I'm contacting BBB and writing ALL the bad reviews I possibly can!!!!

Hi Anita,

we're so sorry to hear about the issues with your scooter. Where did you purchase the scooter? Can you provide the name of the dealer and their location? Can you also provide the serial number for your scooter. It begins with an S and is 14 digits long. Look for a white barcode sticker on the seatpost. The battery pack may need to be removed. You can email all this information to marketing@pridemobility.com

Get buying tips about Mobility Scooters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2022

I am 100% scooter reliant and purchased a Pride Mobility scooter through a dealer which was a lemon from the get go. Multiple issues: 1) It makes intermittent ringing and whirring noises, 2) The fast/slow knob didn't work, 3) It lunges, 4) It rocks back and forth in the "off" mode meaning that when it's actually in use it's like being on a ship - and the repetitive jerking has damaged my lower back. Pride sent the dealer a lemon and expects them to fix their screwed up device when the dealer doesn't have the tools/ability to do so. This has resulted in months of pain and discomfort. The dealer is going to replace the scooter as soon as they can get one but if my back is injured permanently, Pride will be hearing from my attorney.

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are so sorry to hear about the issues with your scooter. In order to assist you further, can you please provide the following information:

- your full name
    - the serial number for your scooter (it begins with an S and is 14 digits long. Look for a white barcode sticker on the seat post, the battery pack may need to be removed)

- the name and location of your dealer

Thank you so much!

Original review: March 15, 2022

November, 2020 we purchased the Infinity Power Recliner. February, 2021, the chair was not able to descend from the inclined position. 3/1/21, a new junction box and hand control was installed, as both parts were faulty. By December, 2021, same issue occurred, and again a new junction box was installed; service call was $120 for a 10 minute repair. Within 2 weeks of this repair, the chair was again unusable, same issues. 2/1/22, Pride Mobility committed to a free repair, which occurred on 2/11/22. Once again, a brand new junction box and handset was installed. Within 48 hours, on it's 2nd use since the repair, the chair was again unusable. I have since unplugged the chair entirely. In reaching out to the service center yet again, I receive the same apology and an "extended" offer of repairing the chair again.

Given how often this has occurred and unreliable this chair is, I am not inclined to have this chair in my home anymore. But I have spent about $1800 on the purchase and repair of a chair that has been minimally used in the last 15 months. While the warranty for the chair was excellent in my opinion when we purchased, given that we have been able to use it for roughly only a year, it is unconscionable that the root issue of faulty parts is not been addressed versus the unending cycle of replacing with these inadequate components.

At what point will Pride Mobility stand behind their product and provide a prorated refund the consumer for a useless product? More importantly, I find it exceptionally disturbing that a firm selling to a consumer that is very much in need of their products is so unwilling to take notice and escalate the issues internally on obvious defective parts. The community that these products are used by are dependent on them. Pride Mobility, I encourage you to take note and do better for your consumers, which are in the market for your products due to various levels of disability.

Hi Donna,
    we're so sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with your Infinity Recliner. Can you please provide some additional information so we can look into the matter further? We need the serial number for your lift chair, as well as the name of your provider and their location (city, state). You can email us the information at marketing@pridemobility.com.

Thank you!

Original review: March 10, 2022

I purchased a new Go Go LX 4-wheel scooter from Bell House Medical in Lewes DE on 7/27/20. We used the scooter 2 times (in about 1 year) and noticed a clunking noise coming from the rear transaxle area. Being brand new and barely used we returned the scooter to Bell House to ascertain the source and reason for the noise. We were told it was the transaxle and the entire assembly needed to be replaced and it was under warranty. We left the scooter with them back August or Sept of 2021.

After several attempts we finally got ahold of someone who said the parts were on backorder and it would be another month. In Jan 2022, I contacted them, and they said the parts were in and it is being fixed. I had to wait until Feb 18, 2022 to retrieve our scooter. Imagine my surprise and displeasure that when I picked up the scooter, I was charged $189.00 for labor to repair a scooter under warranty. We were never informed of any costs associated, just that it was being covered under warranty. The $189 was for 3 hrs labor to disassemble, replace parts, and reassemble when all that could have been done was to provide a whole new rear assembly part and snap it on with no labor involved. Pride Mobility would not reimburse the labor costs even though it was under warranty and said labor wasn't covered, even for parts defective.

Hello William,

We're so sorry to hear about the issues with your scooter. Included is a link to our scooter warranty. This information was given to you when you received the product. https://www.pridemobility.com/pdf/resourcecenter/infinfb3056_us_all_scooters_english_sp_warranty_insert.pdf

On page 2, it states: "Please contact your authorized Provider for information on current cost associated with a service visit." While parts are covered under warranty, your provider may charge labor fees.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I purchased a Pride Mobility cart last summer at a local; dealer. The cart worked well and I was satisfied with it. Then, in late December we were unable to assemble it. Upon inspection we found one of four electrical contacts which connected power from the back assembly and the battery to the front assembly was bent and loosened from the box that contained the contacts. We brought the cart to the dealer to exercise the warranty that came with the cart. The dealer contacted Pride in an effort to get the cart repaired. Pride claimed the failure was due to wear and tear and therefore was not covered, even though the dealer assured them it wasn’t. In fact we had disassembled and assembled maybe a total of ten times or less while we had it, and the cart had seen nominal use.

When we asked the cost of repairing the cart we were told that in order to replace that part which couldn’t have cost a dollar (probably closer to a dime) we would have to replace the motor assembly at a cost of $500 plus labor. My grandson and I (both graduate mechanical engineers) agreed that the design was faulty and the contacts were not properly protected during the assembly process, and were too flimsy for the service they were designed for. Further having to replace the entire motor assembly to recover one contact is obviously an evidence of extremely poor design. We ultimately hired a technician to solder in a new contact at a nominal cost. At that we probably voided the warranty (this is worthless anyway). I give Pride no stars because of these circumstances.

Dear Lee,

we're very sorry to hear about the issue with your Pride product. On the motor/brake connectors (where the front and rear sections of a scooter go together), the lower pin on the rear section may be bent/broken if the two sections are forced together. Most likely, the two halves were not lined up properly. Unfortunately, our warranty does not cover this, as it is not a manufacturer defect. And unfortunately, due to the modification that was made to the unit, the warranty is now voided.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

We purchased a Pride Mobility Victory LX, and it took about six weeks to receive it. Once we got it, we thought the wait would be over. Unfortunately, we were wrong. In about a month, the stitching was coming apart on the seat. We requested a seat replacement, and we’re still waiting, two months later. Then, the motor started making noise, and a light was coming on that shouldn’t. We went to the Nebraska Scooter Mart, the place where we purchased the product. They told us that the motor and differential needed replaced, and there was a flat spot on the wheel. In addition, a computer board in the tiller assembly was cracked. We used this scooter normally. There was no reason for this to happen in the span of six weeks.

The Nebraska Scooter Mart was able to replace the wheel and the board, but they told us that the drive assembly and seat were on backorder and that it would not be available for a month. We called them after the month had passed, and they told us they did not yet have them. We called the company who told us there was nothing they could do. They said they had sent the seat, but there was nothing they could do about the drive assembly. The part wouldn’t be in until yet another month. There was nothing they could do about the fact that they sold a defective product they could not service even if my husband could not move around well without it. We asked them if they could extend the warranty since they could not service the product in a timely manner. They said we had to ask the dealer if they would extend the warranty. I would not recommend this company or their scooters.

Hello Sahar,

Thank you for your message. We're very sorry to hear about these issues with your Victory Scooter. Can you please provide the serial number for your scooter? It begins with an S, and is 14 digits long. Look for a white barcode sticker on the seat post. (the battery pack may need to be removed).

Can you please email your serial number to marketing@pridemobility.com so we can look into this matter?

Pride Mobility

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I purchased the Pride GoGo Elite Plus scooter from my local National Seating and Mobility dealer in 2018 and it worked great for a couple years. My wife and I were able to take the scooter apart, load it in our hatchback and take it to all of our favorite parks and destinations. The scooter was always assembled according to the owners manual and fit together....until it didn't. There is a design flaw with this scooter and probably other Pride products. The front section (with the battery and steering column) make a connection with the rear section(motor). The connection involves "prongs" fitting into small metal sheathes. This allows power to go from the battery to the motor. So, if the prongs are slightly askew they will crumple these very thin metal sheathes at which point the scooter is inoperable.

I called Pride customer service to discuss this issue thinking they would acknowledge that this shouldn't happen. After all, they don't mention anywhere in their owner's manual about the importance of assembling the scooter with carefulness not to be off a fraction of an inch so you don't crumple these small sheathes. The Pride Customer service agent contacted their in-company technician and was given the answer that "this is not a design flaw" therefore, I, the customer, used the product improperly. At this point we just went in circles as I was pleading with her to advocate for me. This got me nowhere.

At this point, I'm left with the option of replacing the motor section of the scooter for apx. $750 when a brand new scooter cost $1100. At the very least, all I wanted was for Pride to acknowledge that I had a legitimate complaint, that it wasn't my fault that the scooter broke while I was putting it together exactly how the owner's manual states. They couldn't do that. I suppose they will respond to this review with a statement that makes them sound concerned about the customer but don't be fooled, they aren't going to do anything for me or any of the other people that wrote bad reviews about their products.

Pride Mobility response

Hi James. Thank you for providing your feedback. We’re sorry to hear you are having a negative experience with your scooter. Can you please email your contact information to marketing@pridemobility.com? Our customer service team manager has been informed of your review and he would like to speak with you directly to assist. In addition, we are sending your review to our Research and Development team to look for opportunities to improve the product.

Pride Mobility Products

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Had a fuse blow in a Pride Raptor. Per user manual fuses are under the seat. Could only find 1 fuse and found out pride purposefully doesn't reveal the locations of all fuses. Found a fuse buried within the tiller that not only controlled the electrical system but most likely fried my S-Drive. After going through the user manual line by line and not finding one mention of a fuse in the tiller I read on a blog that this is done to make you have to get it serviced instead of fixing yourself. Now that is the blogger's opinion and not proven fact but it makes sense. I question why the manual specifically states the fuses are under the seat and pretty much hide the location of the more important fuses. It's a paper weight being sold for part now as I have been without a much needed scooter due to my disability for months now. Next one won't be a pride. I personally consider this unethical and done in bad faith.

Dear John,
    We're very sorry to hear about the blown fuse in your Raptor. We recommend that consumers take their product to their authorized Pride dealer for any repairs. This is for safety reasons, as our products are considered medical devices and are regulated by the FDA. Authorized Pride providers have technicians on staff that are trained to troubleshoot and complete repairs to our mobility products. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Pride Mobility

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

After doing much research I decided to purchase a Pride Mobility Victory LX Sport mobility scooter. I contacted 2 local dealers and obtained competitive pricing. I selected one based upon their reputation and price. I ordered the scooter on a Monday and it arrived just 2 days later (Wednesday) via a freight carrier in 2 boxes. The dealer I purchased from also provided free assembly at my home and the technician arrived within 2 hours of the delivery. Assembly, checkout and training was completed within 1 hour. I even received a follow up call from the dealer sales manager asking if everything was to my satisfaction. I was impressed from order to delivery and setup by the professionalism of all involved in the process.

I've had the scooter for 2 days and while I'm very pleased with it there are several observations I want to make.

1. Seat height adjustment. I'm 6 feet 4 inches tall and weight 260 pounds. When assembled the technician placed the seat post in the highest/uppermost position. Even then I feel the seat is not high enough. My knees are higher (when seated) than my hips and I've always been told both should be the same height. The seat post should be taller/longer with additional holes to make the seat higher.

2. The LED battery power indicator on the dash is too bright at nighttime. It's bright to the point that it can be difficult to see in front of the scooter.
    3. The front headlight brightness is pretty pathetic. It barely lights more than 10 feet in front of the scooter. The 'puddle' light illuminating the floor is far brighter than the headlight!

All things considered I'm pleased with the performance of this scooter and would recommend this model.

Hello Carl,

thank you so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your customer experience. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future.

Pride Mobility author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Pride Mobility has wheelchair and scooter lift solutions for minivans, SUVs and full-size vans. Some Pride Mobility lift systems are eligible for rebates under certain auto manufacturers’ mobility programs. These can range from $500 to $1200. Additional features from Pride Mobility include the Swing-Away Adaptor, battery packs to eliminate the need for a complex wiring system, in-house chargers, hitch extensions and weather covers.

• Backpacker AVP 2.0: This hybrid lift uses a platform to raise a mobility device up and into the back of a vehicle. Dual remotes and a securement strap keep the Backpacker easy and safe to use.

• Commander 200 Trunk Mount: This interior lift can move up to 200 pounds. The four-point lifting kit is easy to use and makes raising your mobility device up and into the vehicle as effortless as possible.

• Outlander: This exterior lift can be attached to your trailer hitch, and even transferred to another vehicle, with little effort. Equipped with several high-tech features, like a phosphate undercoating to help prevent wear and tear from inclement weather, this exterior lift is a good choice for tech enthusiasts.

Pride Mobility Company Information