3.00/5

56 Pride Mobility Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 10, 2019

This is about the life threatening problem with PRIDE JAZZY 1450. I was suppose to have gotten a tilt/leg lift chair but was brought this instead I’m stuck with it and all its problems. The movement has been weird, it feels like it’s working with a blank on, high doesn’t go like my PRIDE JAZZY before. It’s like you can feel a pull when it’s going.

Within the 1st month the back casters wheels have been a problem. They turn sideways when in motion and make me stop, it moves the chair sideways and in dirt will get me stuck. Then the back casters started shaking violently.. I mean bad! I called where I got it and they didn’t believe me until they saw it and he thought it so bad he videoed it to give the boss. (Which he says he never made) No one ever heard of it before. They only switched out the casters saying they were loose.

But it didn’t fix the problem! The casters also turn and you put the chair in motion to correct it it makes the plastic cover move. When it starts into motion it makes a loud “bang” noise as if something is hitting the plastic cover. The company has since sold and now I can’t get anything done. I was talking with a lady at my dr office and hers was doing the same thing. It turned out to be the suspension. She said hers had a lag too before the shake. She said they figured it out after seeing the video on “death wobble of a Jeep Wrangler”. It’s exactly what my chair does.

The company doesn’t want to listen. It shakes so bad things will fall out of the pouch in back or knock out my oxygen bottle, if you don’t stop it would throw me out! You have to come to a complete stop and hear the “click” sound it makes when you stop to make the shaking stop!! It starts back in approximately 20seconds later!!

I was almost hit by a truck the other day when it did it as I crossed the street. (You can not keep going or it will throw you out of the seat) So I had to bring my chair to a complete stop out in the middle of a busy intersection. When this truck did a right on red despite the fact I had the right of way he came literally within an inch of me and had it been a few minutes before I could have been killed but traffic was lighter than usual. Is it going to take a death to get some action??! !

I’ve had a work order in since January and they don’t want to be bothered. In their mind they replaced the casters so nothing more can be wrong.

Because of the drag the batteries go out very quickly. Yesterday the chairs wheels turned and then the batteries went from full to shut off in less than a minute. I had to sit for hours in the cold & wind stuck in the dirt with a side way wheel because of this terrible suspension!! The fire dept had to be called to get my chair unstuck so I could get in my house. (Not good for a heart patient) I have no use of my legs so I can not transfer so I had to wait. This chair is a death threat and I am talking to a lawyer to take legal action. Anyone else have the shaking with their casters?? Or suspension issues?!?!

Hello,

We're sorry to hear about the issues with your Jazzy 1450. We would like to assist you further and we need more information. Can you please send an email with the name of the dealer where you purchased the Jazzy from? We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

Original review: May 8, 2019

Have had new scooter for 3 weeks. Troubleshooting guide is good - says 9 flashes means poor brake connection. We tried to use the fancy detailed diagram but we need more assistance because there are so many parts. 1) Called the 1-800 # listed ON the scooter. They were confused. Finally they realized they could not help us because we are Canadian but they did not have a Canadian number to give us. You would have thought they could have connected us directly. 2) Pride Mobility Canada told us they could not help - we need to go to the shop we purchased it from. Why are we frustrated? If you have a troubleshooting guide, you would think there would be some support on the phone. No one even cared to listen to what it could be [9 flashes = brake connection]. Everyone was simply, "We can't help you - go elsewhere." Very poor customer service - particularly for a company whose clientele are disabled people who require assistance.

Pride Mobility response

We are very sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your scooter. We are the Pride U.S. company, so we have alerted Pride Canada about your issues and they'd like to assist, but we need to forward them your contact information. Can you please email us at marketing@pridemobility.com so we have your email, and also provide a number where you can be reached? Thank you!

Original review: April 14, 2019

My father has been using Jazzy Passport wheelchair since July 2018. He liked it because the chair style was similar to what he was use to with his manual wheelchair and lower to the ground than most other power styles of scooters/wheelchairs. I liked it because it folds up and I don't have to have a wheelchair trailer on my car in order to transport his wheelchair when taking him places. The wheelchair fits in our large trunk. However, right from the start the design of the footrest presented problems and was kind of in the way for transfer even when folded up. Also there was not a side pocket for his emergency medications to be quickly accessed --- Bottom basket and back pocket was very unhandy. But now there seems to be a serious flaw in the design with a centered footrest instead of right and left footrests.

My father recently got his leg trapped and injured while moving inside in his wheelchair. It is a very severe injury causing great pain with a very large sore, and swelling leg, and requiring him to go to a specialist at the hospital wound center in an attempt to heal this sore before it becomes infected and cause even a more serious situation. Needless to say, I am not very happy with this wheelchair and makes me wonder about its future safety. Maybe this is why Medicare would not cover this wheelchair! I am sorry that we bought something so poorly designed that it injured my father. Hopefully, something can be changed that will provide a safe wheelchair for my father.

Hello Karen,

We are very sorry to hear that your father has been injured. We are required by the FDA to investigate all user injury claims. Can you please provide the following information to us? Thank you for your cooperation.

• serial number of the unit
• if the customer sought treatment for his injury
• the date of event

• Consumer contact information

Original review: March 26, 2019

The motor was replaced twice in the first 14 months, without charge to me as it was under warranty. The repair person thought it was because I used the scooter mostly outside on city sidewalks, which in our town are in poor condition. The battery charger was cheaply made and I had to buy a new one within the year. PRIDE advertised MAXIMA as heavy duty and indoor/outdoor and it didn't performed to my expectations. I will not be buying from PRIDE again.

Hi Taylor,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with our Maxima Scooter. When it comes to our company, our customers are at the center of everything we do. Pride is dedicated to manufacturing the highest quality products. We are passionate about enabling consumers to achieve their mobility goals and enhancing their quality of life.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I recently replaced the batteries in my wife's wheelchair. Now, the seat will not lock in place. It locks temporarily then it slips out and swivels. My wife needs a stable platform to transfer to and this swiveling issue is dangerous to say the least. Does anyone know to adjust the handle or how to possibly lock the swivel base in place? Like I said, it is becoming very dangerous for her to transfer.

Hello Edward,

Thank you for your question. We are happy to guide you in getting the seat of your wife's wheelchair locked firmly in place. Please email us so we can walk you through the process. We'll need to know what product your wife has so we can further assist you. Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pride Mobility?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I have 2 - 600ES Pride mobility chairs and they both have the same error code on the joystick. The error is left motor fault. Changed the motor, changed the control module and changed the joystick on the older model. Still continues to fault, 2 out of 3 times. The newer model appears to be okay with a control module change out to a 614 model. I do not understand why both chairs can have the same fault and one seems to work and the other does not, even when all components have been changed.

Hello Mark,

we're sorry to hear about the issues with your power chairs. If you need assistance, please contact your authorized provider, where you originally purchased the chairs. They can perform diagnostic testing and repairs to your power chairs. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I just bought this scooter from a lady whose mother used it for one week before she died. Has been sitting ever since until I bought it. I brought it home put brand new batteries in it and went for a ride. For some reason if I hit a small bump the scooter dies and I have to remove the key and wait about 20 seconds then reinsert the key and it will go until it hits another very small bump and it dies again. Can anyone offer a fix? This is a very dangerous situation. If I am crossing a road it could be deadly. Bad experience.

Hello Doug,

we're sorry to hear about your experience with our product. Because you purchased the scooter secondhand, we highly recommend you find an authorized Pride provider near you and have them service the scooter to make sure everything is working properly. If you need help finding a local dealer, please send us an email at marketing@pridemobility.com and we'll be happy to assist you!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Bought my scooter in October. Started making a clicking noise when I made turns. Later it was clicking all the time. Reported problem to Spinlife the company I bought it from in early December. Told them I had a clicking noise coming from the front wheel. They said it had to be the rear drive. Sent parts and tech to replace. Still clicked. Tech sent a request to replace the front wheel. Warranty on the wheel was denied by pride saying they only cover tires for 30 days. I was really surprised but I pad the $120 for the tire to get it fixed. Spinlife sent out a tech to replace it. Very disappointed in Pride for not covering a part that was obviously bad from the beginning.

Hello Dwain,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with our product. We are dedicated to manufacturing the highest quality mobility products. Because tires fall under "wear and tear" we set a 30 day warranty from the date of delivery to the provider. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Three months ago, I received a Pride Jazzy 1450 through an authorized seller, paid for by Medicare. I have a numerous problems with this chair, and Pride customer service has been most unhelpful. The chair jerks to one side or another when going forward or backward. The seller has sent a technician twice already and I was told that the problem is inherent in the chair. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Pride responded and told me they would contact a local representative to give me a call and try to help. That never happened. I have tried to call the customer service agent again, but she refuses to take or return my calls. Very bad customer service, especially for a product that is quite expensive.

Hello Jacques,

We're very sorry to hear this and would like to look into the situation ASAP. Are you able to send us an email? Please send us the serial number for your Jazzy 1450, as well as a phone number where you can be reached. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I got this chair December, 2017 and have had nothing but problems. The plastic panels over the batteries keep popping off because of the cheap stick-on velcro dots that secure the covers. Finally taped the covers down. The arms are adjusted by two bolts that keep loosening up and are difficult for the patient to fix. The seat cover began to rip two months ago, now I have a 1 inch seam opening.

I called Pride and they said the seat is not warrantied as it was “usual wear and tear”. USUAL WEAR AND TEAR in 10 months by a 130 lb patient... REALLY?? In my opinion the material is too thin and cheap. Pride will do nothing to help. A new seat (which can only be purchased as an entire unit: top, bottom and all metal connectors) cost $500. Look around before you purchase this chair, the warranty is nonexistent.

Hello Ronald,

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your Pride product. We offer warranties on individual components on your chair. If your provider determines there is a manufacturer defect on the product, we honor the warranty of the affected parts. Any wear on tires, casters, or the seat is considered "normal wear and tear" and does not fall under warranty. These parts will wear out from time to time. This is just natural for a product that is used all day, every day. Thank you

Pride Mobility Company Information