Find a Car Dealerships partner

Brooklyn, NY

1.5/5 (66 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Plaza Auto Mall

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Plaza Auto Mall Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plaza Auto Mall?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plaza Auto Mall?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I took my car to check and if needed to replace the battery. They left me sitting for 3 hours. I was told the car is not even on the lot. When I ask for a status update the service advisor was nasty. I had to ask for the supervisor. My car was finished in less than 20 minutes, it wasn't on the lot. The car I have it takes more than 20 minutes to check the battery. I was charged over 500 hundred dollars. This is the last I will be going to them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I am writing this review because I'm in a state of shock and a lost for words. It all started Monday when I brought my car into the dealership service center because it was running funny and I didn't want it to shut off on me. In 2014 I bought a Honda Civic with a five year warranty, in April 2016 the car shut off on me and I had it towed to the dealership. They told me that the car needed transmission fluid and the transmission pan was cracked. The transmission pan wasn't under the warranty so they said I had to pay for it. Then November 1, 2017 the car shut off on me again and I had it towed back to the dealership, they said the car needed transmission fluid and sent me on my way.

Now I'm driving it last week and it's feeling funny like it's going to shut off again so I call the dealership service center to make an appointment to have the car looked at but before I bring it in I have it looked at just to be on the safe side. The man who looked at it removed the pan and we both saw lots of oil on the pan as well as oil dripping from the pipe in the car. I took it to the dealership service center Monday January 9 and mentioned everything to them in the exact words I said above. A man name Joseph said he was going to have it looked at and get back to me about the matter. I never heard from him throughout the day and when I called they would ask for my number to give to him to return my call.

Tuesday January 10 the same exact thing "leave me your number and someone will contact you." Wednesday January 11 I call all morning to speak to Joseph and request for a loaner car to get around. When I finally speak to Joseph at 4 o'clock in the evening he tells me a specialist has to come in and drop the transmission to find the problem, I requested for a loaner car and he said when his boss finish with his meeting he will ask him about giving me a loaner. He calls me and tells me his manager said I can't get a loaner because my car is not a serious issue. I'm wondering why isn't a transmission problem a serious issue in a two year old car that they sold me!!!

Please if you take out the time to read my review if you want to be treated fair, look elsewhere. Don't waste your time just to be given the runaround and no results that will benefit you. I am a young ** female and if I didn't know any better I would say I detect some form of discrimination because why isn't my car problem serious enough to get a loaner when it's obvious a factory defect with the transmission... I'm just saying!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Calling to speak with someone at Plaza Honda is the most frustrating experience I've had to date when seeking an address of an important issue pertaining to the financing of my vehicle. If I had read the reviews of the company prior to making my purchase I would never have risked spending my hard earned money on a purchase. I financed a 2017 Accord Sport on November 19th, 2016. I put down $2000.00 cash. My first payment was due today, which was supposed to be prearranged by the dealership (according to Kevin ** at the time of financing). After checking my bank account, it was clear that my payment had not been taken out. Concerned, I called the dealership. After no less than 7 calls to speak with someone from finance the operator/receptionist (Ann) began placing me on hold. After 15 calls and a lot of waiting and back-and-forth with Ann, I finally called Sales.

I told Nigel what the issue was and what was at stake - he placed me on hold for more than twenty minutes and never came back on the call. I called Sales again, and again got Nigel, and after an 8 minute hold was referred to a manager. Turns out that Kevin ** had never submitted paperwork to begin my monthly recurring payments. Had I not called the bank myself I would have missed my initial payment; which would have created credit issues. This is irresponsible. This is more than irresponsible, it's gross negligence and a violation of trust. Plaza Honda eagerly took my money and made promises they did not intend to keep (I actually went online this morning and Santander Bank assisted me to set up recurring auto payment for myself). Cars literally sell themselves. It doesn't take much skill to accomplish high sales volume. But in the Customer care department, this Honda dealership is a discredit to the claim that customers are valued.

I won't discourage consumers from purchasing a vehicle from this Brooklyn dealership. But if you're in the market for a vehicle, used or new, financed or leased, and you value your hard earned money, think twice, maybe thrice, and then some before you invest with a dealership that does not value you or your business beyond closing the deal. It's now 3:35 PM and I have yet to hear from Plaza Honda.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

Went in to car dealer to purchase a car, left deposit of $200. Anyway changed my mind because payment was gonna be too high. This was in July 2016 or August 2016. It is now December 2016 and I have not received my refund. I called about 10 times... A lot of lies, and back and forth. The salesman that helped me was no help. Says was gonna call me back. Never did. Was told refund checks are issued on Fridays and check was mailed. This was probably 1 month ago. Still have not received refund. These people suck and they are not professional. DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I purchased a car that I looked at. To my surprise, it was not cleaned, had a small crack in the window, and smelled heavily like smoke. In other words, the car was not even inspected after being traded in and sold to me. The engine began knocking. Every time I took the car back to them they claimed to couldn't hear it until the engine blew! They claimed I was under warranty with some company only to find out and be assigned a new company when the engine blew! The warranty company didn't "cover engine" so I was out of a $15,000. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THESE GUYS. THEY DO SHADY BUSINESS WITH THEIR CARS.

Original review: July 18, 2016

I purchased a used car during the Memorial holiday weekend. A Saturday to be exact. First issue was the license plates. The back plate was put on without issue but the proper bolts for the front plate to be put on were missing. Service said they didn't have the bolts/screws. WHAT??? YOU ARE SERVICE. HOW DO YOU NOT HAVE THESE THINGS??? My dad went out, spent his own money at a hardware store and put the plate on for me. Second issue: an hour after driving off the lot, I heard a noise coming from my brake. Took the car right back to the lot for service to fix the issue. Something that should have been done well before the car was on the lot for sale. I didn't get the car back until Wednesday and this was after my father had to go up there, an experienced mechanic himself, and raise all types of hell to make sure the car was serviced and ready for pick up.

Third issue: during the sale, my dad had the salesperson, Rick, put in an order for a small plastic piece that was missing from the driver side view mirror. A minor cosmetic issue. The part should have been in within the week. A whole month goes by, no part because they never ordered it. Do you know that when I called Rick, his boss, Oscar ** told him to tell me that I can go to the Nissan dealership in Coney Island, pay for the part and bring the receipt to be reimbursed. WHO THE ** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TALKING TO? I said absolutely not, and told him I would be there in person bright and early that Saturday morning and I did just that. The part was ordered on the spot and was told it would be in within the week.

I spent two weeks calling and getting the runaround about finding out if the part was in. I finally got through to the retail desk who told me that Oscar should have called me to tell me the part was in but of course that did not happen. For this to be my first time purchasing a car, it was an absolute horrible experience and they will never get business from me again. They do not understand what customer service means. And I will make it my business to tell anyone looking to purchase a vehicle, new or used to not go to Plaza Auto.

Original review: June 29, 2016

Went into Plaza Auto Mall on 6/13/2016. My salesman was Marvin **, the worst sales person I have ever met in my life. I made a down payment on a Hyundai and was told to come back the following day to close the deal and pick up the car. I was call the next day and told that he could not deliver the car because their sister store Bay Ridge Hyundai would not release the car because I did not buy it from them. I asked for a refund. Plaza Hyundai refuse to refund me. I make daily calls to them. They hang up the phone or send the call directly to voice mail. Is this a way to do business. Why can't I a refund without going to small claims court. Buyers beware.

Original review: June 20, 2016

On May 18th I purchased a 2010 Nissan Maxima at Plaza Auto Mall which was a cash purchase of $18k. On May 22 the tire sensors came on, I went to check the tire. On May 25 the check engine light came on. I brought the vehicle back to Plaza Auto Mall where I had a conversation with my salesperson Michael ** who directed me to his Manager Oscar **. Mr. ** then directed me to the service department were I spoke to Albert in service who evaluated the car and stated it was a cam shaft sensor and the Toyota service department is unable to perform service on a Nissan Maxima. Albert then advise me speak with my sales guy to get my car to a Nissan dealership. I was told to bring my car back on the next day May 26 so that someone can take the car to Nissan.

I returned to Plaza were Albert stated that the sale department would be handling any transfer to Nissan. Before I could leave the service center Albert stated that his boss said they got me an appointment at Nissan for Tuesday May 31st. I brought the car to Nissan on the 31st and returned to Plaza to have a conservation with Oscar **, who completely ignored me for 2 minutes while I stood at his desk. Mr. ** then referred me to Richard ** who stated he would get into contact with Nissan to find out what's wrong with car. In frustration I walked out, after calming down I got in touch with Oscar ** who told me that because I didn't purchase a warranty package I was not entailed to a rental car.

Mr. ** has treated me with disregard and belittling lack of respect for a paying customer. Mr. ** has gone as far as to try to double talk me to seem as if he has tried to help but has done nothing but pass me back and forth like a ping pong. On June 1st after being without a car for two days, the Nissan dealership contacted me to let me know that the car needs $3700 worth of work and the car is unsafe to drive. I no longer want to do business with Plaza Honda, there is a complete lack of professionalism. The managers are uninformed and lack respect for paying customers. Mr. ** was the only person who tried to assist me.

This unsatisfactory experience has forever scared me from doing business with Plaza. I've been told that money talks in this business. I guess my $18,313 cash purchase was not enough to get me great customer service and I will be taking my business elsewhere. Additionally Mr. ** took the tags off the car stating that he would return the tags to the DMV which would allow me to be able to cancel the insurance that I received from the brokerage firm that plaza conducts business.

As of today June 20, Mr. ** has yet to return the plates to the DMV. My insurance with countrywide is still in effect costing me a month worth of insurance for a car that I had for less than 2 weeks. Plaza Honda has shown that this company is mismanaged incompetent and lax. I respectfully request that the Toyota corporation look into this case of customer dispute. I would like my moneys refunded for my insurance and Mr. ** to be demoted for incompetence.

Original review: June 4, 2016

I don't even want to give them a star because they deserve zero... On may 31 I took my car in for 2 recalls and to check the reason why my car was cutting off. I had informed the representative that I really did not want to bring in the car because of prior experience. But I was giving them the benefit of the doubt... The car was returned to me after paying $662. When I drive the car off the lot it was ok... When I stopped and started the car again it would not start. But isn't this why I brought it in to begin with?

I called them again and told them I was still having the issue. They said that I didn't say that it was cutting off... but I had the paperwork to prove that I did. I brought the car in on 6/4/16 and explained it again. The car is cutting off... and that it was unacceptable that I had to pay the amount I paid and not have it fixed. They look at it and lo and behold they found a code... Now why wouldn't they find it before. So they said I had to pay $80 to get it fixed... Why should I have to pay $60 labor for a $14 part that should have been corrected when I paid $662.

I then came home and read the receipt from the previous visit and realized that they had just made me pay for the recall. They had never fixed it and charged me extra for it... These people are crooks and yes if you do go there you have to know your stuff or they will charge you and make you feel as though you know nothing. The recall delta with the yaw sensor... the breaks and that's what they had me fix saying it was out of warranty. Amazing.

Original review: April 18, 2016

My daughter owns a 2012 Hyundai Elantra which she purchased new from Plaza Auto Mall. On 3/1/2016, the check tire pressure light came on. I checked the tire pressure ensuring there was 34 lbs. in each tire. The owner's manual stated that the light should go out within a few miles of driving after ensuring the proper pressure was in each tire. The light never went out. I called Plaza Hyundai and scheduled an appointment.

My appointment was for 3/2/16 at 10:30 AM. I scheduled an appointment where I'd wait for the car. When the car was finally returned to me at 3:15 PM, I was informed that the "tech" found nothing wrong other than the tire pressure being low on all four tires. I was told that the light had been reset and there shouldn't be any further problem. They advised me that this service was covered under the warranty and there was no charge. Having ensured the tire pressure was correct myself on the previous day, my first reaction was to argue the "tech's" statement that the pressure was low, however having wasted four and three quarter hours already, I decided to save my breath and just leave.

Within 24 hours, the tire pressure light came back on. As I stated earlier, my daughter bought this car new. Although almost four years old, the car only had 23,666 miles on the original tires with plenty of tread remaining however due to the age of the tires, I decided to purchase four new tires. Any father reading this understands the logic. I purchased four brand new tires on 4/5/16 at Emil's All Tire Co. as well as a four wheel alignment and asked that they reset the tire pressure light for me. While installing the four new tires, they informed me that they couldn't reset the light because the batteries were dead in three of the four sensors and needed to be replaced. I told them I would schedule another appointment with Plaza Hyundai since I was previously told it was covered under the warranty. I scheduled another "waiting" appointment with Plaza for 11:00AM on 4/6/16.

When doing the initial service review with B. **, I advised her of what Emil's had told me about the batteries in the sensors and showed her the receipt for the four new tires. She annotated the information on the customer reception form. At 12:50 PM, she approached me in the waiting room and informed me that the "tech" found that I needed a tire rotation stating that the tread in the front was lower than the tread in the rear. Unable to believe what I was hearing, having purchased four brand new tires less than 24 hours earlier, I told her that her tech was a moron and that at this point, I just wanted the car back having lost all confidence and patience with Plaza Auto Mall.

Upon returning my car at 1:09 PM, I was informed that there was a $66.53 charge for labor and that the genius tech had recalibrated the sensors so there would be no more problem with the light. I showed her my original receipt from 3/2/16 showing that there was no charge and said I wanted to speak to a service manager. I was informed that all service managers were in a meeting and that she had no idea when the meeting would end. I looked off into a corner and observed a group of employees involved in a pizza party. I asked Ms. ** if that was the meeting the service managers were involved in? She refused to answer me. I paid the $66.53 and left having decided never to do business with Plaza Auto Mall again. By the way, less than 24 hours later, the light came on for the third time. I took the car back to Emil's, they replaced the batteries. Problem solved. If you deal with Plaza Auto Mall, you deserve whatever you get!

Plaza Auto Mall Company Information