Find a Car Dealerships partner

Brooklyn, NY

1.5/5 (66 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Plaza Auto Mall

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Plaza Auto Mall Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plaza Auto Mall?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plaza Auto Mall?

Resolution response: July 24, 2018

The manger and Christopher took care of this problem and were very nice in the end

Original review: July 4, 2018

This is the worst place!!! Do NOT service your car here. Such terrible service. The way I was treated by Tamer ** was disgusting and despicable. His behavior is nonexcusable. He never called me to give me any updates about the service for my car. I tried calling him a few times, he never called me back. When I came to get my car (after it being there for a day and half and not even being worked on!) because I had to go out of town for the weekend, he did not apologize or even talk to me!!!

All he said was that I should wait for my car outside (which was not even serviced, although I brought it in a 2 weeks prior to this and they never fixed the problem then or this time!). I waited outside for over 50 minutes in 90 degrees weather because they could not find my car! This is not how you treat human beings. My whole day and weekend was messed up because I was not able to get out of the city on time, way too much traffic. I felt they were doing this to me deliberately because I am an Orthodox Jew.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Don't know where to begin with this bloodsucker. 1000 Us deductible promotion was going on when did buy my car, but they keep it for themself. Second was supposed to try to get Toyota 6 years zero interest promotion but Toyota did denied for some reason. They just keep shopping around for a financing without my permission. THE insurer's guy did try to overcharge me over 150 monthly. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I have been a customer at Plaza Auto Mall for years and I would never go to another dealership. I live in Texas and have leased all my cars from Plaza Honda. I have gone to many dealerships in San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston after my leases have ended and not one dealership in Texas could offer me the same price or a better deal.

Having my car shipped from Brooklyn New York to San Antonio has always been less expensive. For those who disagree, call a few dealerships in San Antonio and you will understand why I will never go anywhere else. I can't figure out how Gunn Honda, Gillman Honda or other dealerships get perfect reviews when they have never had the model or color I wanted. Texas car dealerships have never come close to Plaza Auto Mall's prices.

When I have walked into dealerships in San Antonio and other cities in Texas, I spent hours listening to a salesperson promise they could match what Plaza Honda gave me or do better. In the end, I always got up and left because the salesperson from that car dealership told me I would be paying a hundred dollars or more a month for the same lease and I wouldn’t get the same model or color of car Plaza Honda offered me. I have dropped most of my leases off at Gunn Honda and each time the car dealership sold the car for five to six thousand more than what was owed on the car. Each time I kick myself for not getting a loan and then selling my leased car myself. Maybe this time I will.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Bring a lawyer with you when you deal with these guys or do yourself a favor and just go to another dealership. If you hate yourself enough to decide to go to this dealership stay away from Damon ** and Claudio ** (especially Damon **) - I haven’t met anyone as unethical as these guys ever in my life. I would have given a 1-star rating just based on my experience with them before we signed the paperwork.

Made us wait for hours for an appointment which I had confirmed over phone a gazillion times, tried changing numbers on us several times AFTER we had an agreement (including charging an extra destination fee which was already included in the sales price which we had agreed on and bank fees which we had agreed dealership will be paying), tried to intimidate us into accepting the higher numbers (including yelling at us!) and double charged us for sales tax and DMV fees promising a refund of the overpaid amount. BUT what happened AFTER the contract was signed was a thousand times worse.

Almost a month and a half later Damon ** called us informing us that Kia rejected the lease contract and we need to re-sign paperwork. Kia’s problem with the lease was really that we had paid too much downpayment resulting in negative depreciation (which they could not accept). Incompetence from the dealership aside (how can they not catch the negative depreciation while preparing the paperwork!), Damon tried to increase the previously agreed (and signed!) upon sales price of the vehicle touting that was the only way to resolve this issue. Things went downhill from there pretty quickly.

The dealership resorted to outright lying (can’t print out a copy of the contract as they have moved to an all electronic system in spite of legally obligated to provide a copy and then being able to print out a copy a few days later, new lease with a higher sales price is actually a more favorable lease to me. Refunds are only processed once a week on Fridays but after an attorney general complaint were able to issue the refund on Monday and many many more), threatening to repossess the car and/or report it stolen in spite of me paying such a big down payment that Kia rejected it indicating that I need to reduce my downpayment, refusing to issue a refund of overpaid amounts and being flippant about everything to confuse us so we would agree to a less favorable contract (including barely readable one line replies, not answering questions asked on why sales price need to be higher or extra fees need to be added and so on).

I filed a complaint with Kia hoping the manufacturer will help resolve this but Kia’s helpline was practically useless - no real action and/or follow up on the issue till date and all requests to get into contact with the regional sales manager were ignored while the dealership was harassing us. Damon refused to get his General Manager into the conversation (obviously!). I had to file a complaint with the BBB and the NY Attorney General’s office to have these guys get back to their senses.

The Attorney General complaint is what I think really made the difference here. I was less than 24 hours away from filing a lawsuit for fraud (after more than a month of going back and forth!) against the dealership - that’s how far they took it (and I had all laws broken and lies spoken on record to use against them in court). Please do yourself a favor and avoid this dealership. They will do anything and everything they can to scam you and not just before buying the car but also after. And this is not a one off case.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I took in the car for a multi-point inspection. I had a 9 o'clock appointment, I arrived there at 9 AM. I waited 15 minutes before an advisor came over to me. The service advisor told me it will take about 2 to 3 hours. I called quite a number of times to find out the status and nobody answered. I finally went down at 3:30 and that's when they started inspecting the car. I find this place totally irresponsible and not respecting their customers. I don't advise anybody to use this place, I certainly will never use them again.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

This is my second visit to Plaza Honda for a factory recall. I arrived, at 0715 in the morning. My car was "ready" at 0815. When I saw the cashier, she informed me that someone would bring my car in a few minutes. I waited almost an hour for the ** and incompetents to find my car. I was so frustrated that I threatened to call the police and report the car stolen. To top it all off, the repair ticket stated that the part in question was sealed to prevent corrosion (battery sensor terminal). When I checked, nothing whatsoever had been done to the cables. So they are probably charging Honda for work not performed. Don't go to this rip off place of incompetents and liars.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Honda Plaza Auto Mall 2700 Nostrand Ave - I wanna know why I dropped my vehicle off at 7:40 am after having an appt. from last week for a recall of airbags on a 2008 Honda CRV. It is now 4:30 called Honda 50 times because they told me to go home they would call me and at 430pm right now haven't received a call yet. I got the run around, hung up on, attitude, nobody knows, hold on. So I ask for a manager and he took my number and said "Hold on." So he came back and said, "I'll call you back." He couldn't locate the person for the car. That was 410 pm. All now still waiting 9hrs for a replacement of airbags from a recall. It's 4:36 and no call back about my car. If I knew it took this long I would not have left the car period. My husband needs the car to come off work by 5 pm. Now what I'm home telling story and I have the receipt to the car. So now what? You think they gonna wanna wait for us to get there. They are going home and they have their ride.

Please I read other reviews, I will never come back to this disgusting, lazy, nasty attitude place again only because I came for recall of airbags. Their work sucks, sucks and sucks. From phone operators to top management everywhere they direct your call, goes to voicemail. Wow really and they have your car and I bet if I go there the car is in the lot on the lift so they can get paid more money seeing it's a recall for airbags. Wow what good service. It's now 4:43 and no call or nothing the consumer don't mean ** to this company period. That's why we stop coming here. We would rather pay the money somewhere else rather to deal with this **. It make wanna snap. They lie to you like you are stupid and you know better. Today is August 1st 2017 at 4:45 pm advisor is **. Car went in at 740am and nothing yet.

Original review: May 13, 2017

I want to make it clear that I've been here before. Service was never great, but I liked the price so I endured the experience. Well over the past 3 visits their service has gotten progressively worse and the last one had me wanting to strangle the manager there. This is going to be a long one, but please read and maybe you'll also get some laughs.

I made an appointment for 7:30am and was the 3rd person there. Met with the adviser Mark (this idiot) and he let me know that it would take an hour and half at the MAX. I was surprised how fast that was and Mark joked about how it because I came in so early. So I wait. An hour goes by. An hour and a half goes by. Maybe it's taking a bit longer than I expected and it's just like always and an oil change take 3 hours here. So another hour goes by.

Ok, its been 3 hours now so I decide it's fair for me to go ask for an update (OH and if you don't know asking these guys for an update it like asking them for a ** kidney. You see them try to avoid you when you walk up to ask for an update). But back to Mark. I walk up to his desk and he's eating a sandwich. Must be on a break and having breakfast or something right? Nope dude is just eating a sandwich and working. So I ask for an update and I swear to you this dude proceeds to search for my car in their system ONE BUTTON CLICK AT A TIME WHILE HOLDING HIS DAMN SANDWICH IN HIS HAND!!! I'm just standing there watching this fool refuse to put the damn sandwich down. If you're on break I get it, but if you suppose to be working PUT THE ** SANDWICH DOWN AND WORK!!!

Ok... having successfully accomplished the Olympian challenge of entering my car into the system whilst holding a sandwich, Mark lets me know "they are working on it right now and it'll be 30-40 minutes." I'm not happy but if they are working on it then fine I'll wait. So another 40 minutes go by and I ask for an update. "Oh they are putting the finishing touches on it. Give it like 15 minutes." Alright 15 minutes and then I am out of here... Or so I think. 15 minutes go by and I ask for my car. "Umm... so it looks like I can't find your car or its technician, would it be cool if you like left for work and came back for it?"

"WAIT WHAT??? Mark (do you need another sandwich) you told me they were working on the car an hour ago, finishing it up 15 minutes ago and now you tell me you haven't even started AND YOU CAN'T FIND MY CAR!!! Find my car right now and give it to me. I am leaving." So Mark goes in the back and comes back and tells me "So they actually are working on your car right now and if you can give it like 20 minutes they'll be done."

I've already spent four hours here, so doing something I shouldn't have done I trusted Mark (now sandwich free, a victory for me in this experience). I decide to wait, and I kid you not I see them try to sneak my car past me and get it up on the lift. Going back to Mark as calmly as possible I ask him "Look I know I'm not a sandwich, but if you could focus on me for two seconds. You just lied to me and I saw them JUST put my car up on the lift." Mark with all the brain power he can muster replies "Oh really?"

Using every ounce of strength not to smack Mark so hard so he woke up for dinner to eat another sandwich. I ask to speak to the manager. The manager has to be better right? Right? Nope. Looks like the stupidity is a requirement for employment here. And the manager, whose name I don't know but is some tiny gray haired tough guy, thinks he can solve the problem because he's assertive. Well I tell my story to the manager hoping he has enough brain cells to process the words coming out of mouth. I think he understands and says "give me 20-25 minutes and I'll have your car done".

"I don't think you understand mentally impaired dumb **. GIVE ME MY CAR!!!" "Oh you asked for your car? Ok." So I had to wait another 15 minutes until I got my car back. And the entire time this manager is talking to me like it was my fault for asking for my car back. "I could have gotten it done for you, but you wanted your car back." He gives me the excuse "well the system showed your car was being worked on so Mark was right in what he was said." NO!

Mark never once out of the 3 times I asked for an update went and checked on the car himself after it had been nearly 4 hours. At that point even the sandwich would have thought to itself "something has gone a rye" (See what I did there). The attitude and lack of intelligence at this place is astounding. PLEASE DO NOT GO HERE. The only way I think things will really change is when they take a hit in business. If you read this whole thing I thank you and I hope it informed you of my experience (and maybe made you laugh a little).

Original review: May 11, 2017

I want to start by saying that prior to my experience today (I never encountered the Customer Service Manager before) I had a pleasant experience with Honda Plaza (Kevin has always been great) however that has changed. I dropped my vehicle off at 9:45 A.M, they did not call me until 5:00 P.M. to inform me of the diagnostic results. I arrived at 6:00 P.M. to pay for a part. My vehicle was pulled to the front at that time. I then noted fresh scratches (I already had some scratches). The Customer Service manager stated I had signed a document stating that they were not liable. I asked for a refund for the starter I had previously paid for because I can no longer trust Honda Plaza. I am disappointed. All I wanted was for the issue to be addressed and acknowledgment of the scratches placed on my vehicle. I never had any concern with them before.

Original review: April 23, 2017

I purchased a Nissan Maxima 2016. It had a complete problems. I went back to the dealership 2 week later. Told them what was wrong with the car. They don't wanna fix the car and I don't feel safe driving the car at this moment? And I have warranty on the car?

Plaza Auto Mall Company Information