2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.85/5

The Nissan Quest is a minivan that was manufactured from 1992 until 2016, when it was discontinued. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Nissan Quest Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Quest?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Quest?

Original review: July 23, 2017

2005 Nissan Quest... Where do I start... matter of fact I'll break it down. Pros: Roomy, strong engine, gas mileage decent, double sliding doors, decent inside temp control, huge front seats, modern look in/exterior, 7 reclining seats (back seat sits 3, but seat recline as one). Cons: I've replaced the transmission, 1/1/2017 as of now 7/23/2017 that feels to be at 70%, changed front lower control arms twice on driver and three times on passenger, sway bar links, struts, 4 sets of tires, rear shocks twice, driver side rear shock seems to snap in half both times, alternator, both belts, power steering pressure line, cam sensor, passenger axle, engine and transmission mounts...

Current issues: Rear mount is now broke again, strut mounts are bad again, both sliding doors are hard to open, driver door handle is completely broke, power steering return line is now leaking, rear suspension needs to be aligned, rear vent system don't get hot, cluster broke (no gas no engine temp) rear windshield blade missing, time for timing chain and tensioners to be replaced (noisy on start up)... Personal issues: Van craps everywhere I go, it sits too low, repairs are expensive, rear air ride suspension should be a must, stock rear suspension is weak (very), no aux... I'm only giving this 3-4 stars because I really like the engine power and it's roomy... I do regret buying this van, but it do get me from A-b and sometimes c... I suggest this for a small family with local driving...

Original review: May 24, 2017

I have owned my 2006 Quest since May 2013, only issue were routine maintenance, new tires, new control arms, new inner and outer tie rod ends, new wheel bearings, new struts, break pads etc. The ABS and slip light came on approximately May 1, 2017, then at approximately 130,000 miles around May 19 we heard a humming noise when the van was shut off, happened a few times but not every time. 2 times we awoke to a dead battery, it seemed as if that may have been the cause, not sure.

The first time I thought a child left an interior light on. The 2nd time it happened my husband was convinced it was the ABS Motor. He priced this part. Day 3 of noticing the noise, van still functioning with no additional issues other than the ABS and slip lights on. Then on May 24 at 1 am it caught on fire. We had not touched the van or drive it since 8:30 pm that evening. The van was a total loss, I think possibly the ABS motor may be a recall issue as this isn't the only ABS motor story, just be aware, it can catch fire!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

We got the minivan in March of 2016. Within the first month, a door panel came off (still doesn't work) had to have the engine worked on. Since then, this car has gone downhill. Had to replace the battery, ignition coils and injectors, fuel pump, alternator, power steering, back brakes, two wheel bearings, a/c worked on, alternator, engine mounts, have had the electric system worked on. Now, mind you that's what I'VE HAD TO PAY OOP. Doesn't include the handful of things that Avirex has paid for. Do NOT buy from here. They wouldn't honor their return with 5 days policy. They had to have it looked at first before they would... which of course goes past the 5 days.

Original review: June 8, 2016

I have a 2012 Nissan Quest that is 90,000 miles. In the last month I have spent thousands of dollars trying to fix it at the dealer, each time it breaks down I have to have it towed 58 miles away to the tune of $225. When driving the van just shuts off or slows to 5 mph no matter how much gas you give it. It happened on the highway where I was almost rear ended by a semi. I spent $130 on a valve, $531 on a sensor. The next day the van did the same thing, this time I got a loaner which I had to drive an hour to pick up. Then 4 days later paid $876 for a pump. I had it back for 10 days and now it's the dealer again. I will never buy a Nissan again, and want to trade it in! It's so dangerous driving and having your car just shut off, I have two small children!!! And of course Nissan isn't helping with anything!!!

Original review: March 11, 2016

I bought a Nissan Quest last week from Nissan Jenkins Lakeland. I live in Land O Lakes. I had already driven back to the dealership 2 times. First, they forgot to install my XM radio. The next day I came back to help my mother-in-law get a car from there. Since I was at the dealership I ask service to check the car since every time I will change gears the car will tremble. They came back telling me that is something with the transmission. Yes with only 500 miles on the car the transmission is broken. They didn't want to give me more details and they tried to find me a loaner. But because I have four little kids I needed an Armada or another Quest.

After 3 hrs they gave a loaner Quest but I'm thinking how can I return the car I have just bought? I bought a new car so I will not have to worry about breaking on my first 100 miles. A car that will not spend more time in service than home. I'm not sure how long the car is going to be in the service. They told me that today I will get a call and haven't get any news yet. Can someone tell me - how can I return this car? It has been only 1 week and the headache I'm getting is not worth keeping it.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2016

I bought a 2005 Nissan Quest from a used dealership 2 days ago. Since, the radio/cd/DVD is no longer working and will not even come on. I've checked fuses and had my battery checked at Autozone and it's all fine. I'm assuming it's an electrical problem Nissan has but I recommend to NEVER buy from Nissan. I will be contacting Nissan today to see if the radio can be fixed and for what costs.

The back window also rattles for no reason. These are the only issues I've had this far but I assume I will have plenty more being all the negative reviews this vehicle has. The gas gauge also does not show and they want $225 to fix this. Terrible, terrible vehicle. I am trying to get my money back but doubt I will be able to. Be warned. Nissan is terrible. My grandmother also has a Nissan. Nissan Altima. She's had it for quite some time but she's had so many issues with the transmission and Nissan would not cover even under warranty. Do not buy from Nissan.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

Same 2007 Quest bought second owner, spend $5000 on fix engine light. After one year again transmission jerk while driving, don't like to spend single penny on it. Not happy at all.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2015

Unhappy, felt robbed, fooled, by Nissan. Got a 2012 Used Nissan Quest from the dealer last year. Not even two years in my possession. Yet it broke down on me. Dealer advised to change the whole transmission. Complain to consumer affairs. Total waste of time. I get no helped from them either. I was fooled by the Sales Rep and of course Nissan. Never will I trust Nissan again. I would never recommend buying a Nissan car. New or Used. Three times that I bought car from them and three times that I was fooled.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

Driving on the HOV Lane with a line of cars behind me, the sunroof glass flew off - I heard a loud noise, like something hitting the top of the car, then heard the wind coming in. Didn't stop till off HOV lane - then saw that the glass was gone! Amazingly, no one was hurt!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2015

VERY UNHAPPY NISSAN OWNER. I have officially filed a complaint with Nissan USA on my 2012 Nissan Quest with 82,000 miles. My transmission has gone out and Nissan has refused to help with the replacement. I have owned 4 different Nissan vehicles and have never had the negative experience I had with them over the last week. They told me they were not in the financial position to replace it even though MANY of these CVT transmission are giving consumers a hard time.

Upon basic internet searches apparently I am one of many that have had problems with the CVT transmission. The sad part is I can only get a remanufactured transmission that is only covered up to a 12,000 mile warranty at a cost of $4,000. Nissan you would have come out much better to replace the transmission. I will make it known publicly the lack of customer satisfaction you have provided. NEVER TO BUY A NISSAN AGAIN. Sadly I have owned 4 Nissan vehicles and loved them but after the HORRIBLE customer service experience, I am done with Nissan. On to buy a Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna.

Nissan Quest Company Information