2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.00/5

While early models of the Nissan Maxima were small sedans, newer models are considered luxury sedans. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Nissan Maxima Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Maxima?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Maxima?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I love my 2017.5 Maxima Platinum. It's the most beautiful and comfortable car I've ever driven. But that new 2020 orange SR is calling my name!! I've been looking and I just feel like that's my next car...???

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I have a noise when my heater fan is on low, sounds like a growl and my seat cover came loose under drivers side, when I tried to put it back I cut my hand in several places and still could not figure out how to hook it back. I was a Toyota owner all my life but liked the design of the 2019 Maxima but with just 13000 miles and already having this type of problem shows me poor workmanship and will probably will not buy another Nissan product. Was told by dealer this would not be fixed by nissan. Soooo disappointed.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

In March of this year I bought a 2017 Nissan Maxima, a few months after buying it the battery needed to be replaced. Just a couple days ago I was driving on the freeway and the check engine light, battery light and oil light came on and the car shut off while I was driving. Luckily I was able to safely coast my car to the side of the freeway. I had it towed to Redwood City Nissan deal, where not only was the staff rude but the manager was worse! He told me “If I want to be mad at someone be mad at the car”. “The problem the car is having is not the issue of the service department or Nissan.” I’m not in anyway happy with this car, nor the over all service I’ve gotten from Nissan. As of today they still have my car and have told me nothing is wrong with it. Well shutting off out of the blue while driving on the freeway is not in anyway shape or form normal.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I love my 2016 Nissan Maxima! It is the second one I have owned! It is fast, sleek, and comfortable. I found out last night it is bulletproof (that was an accident). After I totaled my first Maxima I refused to purchase anything but the same thing.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I have bought Nissan Maxima from North Paine Field Office 2016. While Buying I have gold extended warranty from Nissan and deal was lifetime free Oil change and Car wash at North Paine Field service Center. After two year Dealership management was change and they started charging for Oil change and car wash, When I contacted them CS rep said, "It's between you and dealer." As you can imagine I was frustrated hearing response from Nissan since they did not take responsibility.

Another thing, I faced was replacing my car tires last year in 2018. While changing they accrued me it needed change and it's not covered in original warranty. At that time my car was just 20K miles and this year ask me to change again. When I pointed out warranty, ask me to prove it and Nissan customer rep said, "You have to find the warranty and prove it to us it had 50K Mile warranty."

At this point I feel like there is no point continuing my service with Nissan since they don't hold to their word while selling any product or car. It's very easy to say that dealer is change and they will not uphold previously promised contracts. I am very very disappointed with their service overall. This will be my last Nissan for sure. Looks to me very fraudulent care, while trying to sell promise anything & revert on it afterwards.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I own a 2017 Nissan Maxima. Suddenly, my front windshield received a large break on the passenger side of the front windshield while parked in my driveway. The damage began at the bottom of the windshield and spread all the way to the top. I was perplexed as to how the damage occurred. When the glass repair person came out to replace the window, the first thing he said was, "this is a stress break from a manufactured defect". He began to show me how the tint on the window on the bottom and the top of the window was bubbling.

He said there are no cracks or dings on the window; so the damage did not spread from previous damage. It was very logical because I previously owned a 2013 Maxima and the back windshield had to be replaced because it started to bubble horribly. My 2013 back windshield was replaced free of charge because I took it to the dealership for them to review it and they had several cars scheduled to repair because of "manufacture defect in the tint". This time, I had to pay to replace my window because I didn't know the break was caused by defect and I had not noticed the bubbling yet. I will contact Nissan.

Original review: April 23, 2019

When I went to make my first new car purchase, I was soooo excited! I thought I was going to love my Nissan Maxima. Within the first year of purchase, the side curtain airbags deployed on me... while I was at a complete stop! I submit my claim to Nissan, failing to understand why they might have deployed while my vehicle was just sitting there, yet Nissan claimed everything functioned properly and they bore no responsibility for "my" issue. However they could not tell me why the airbags even went off on the first place, and there was no one else I could ask to explain things to me either. It then progressed to them taking 3.5 months to fix my car (with only 12 hours of labor billed), while I was making payments on a vehicle I didn't even have in my possession.

Once I FINALLY got my Maxima back, my passenger window started rolling itself down multiple times, once with me even in the car watching it have a mind of its own! Took it back in, and guess what... They couldn't find anything wrong yet again! Next, I started having issues with the drive computer resting itself and the presents on my radio clearing themselves. Oh no, Nissan once more couldn't find anything wrong, yet at this point the car is still less than two years old. All I am offered is the chance to make another appointment. I simply cannot understand why Nissan will not back their vehicles and refuse to even talk about the issues with me. Every time I have talked with Consumer Affairs, I am passed off on the standard line of "there is nothing they can do to help me".

Original review: March 3, 2019

I bought a New 2017 Maxima Aug 22, 2017. Had rust develop in trunk drain where water runs off the rear windshield end of November 2017. The car was only two half months old. 4000 km. Vickar Nissan said it was rail dust from transport and used a clay bar and touch up paint to repair Dec 22 stating it would not return. The rust returned the end of February 2018! March 2018 rust developed on both the left and right side of the rear windshield in the very narrow drain beside the windshield! Now I want a new car. I don’t want the rear windshield removed to have it painted as Nissan Canada wants to do. Every Autobody shop I had it assessed at stated they would not paint it because the rust would return and maybe even worse including Vickar Nissan Autobody repair shop! I have personally witnessed other Maximas with same problem! I now own a rusting 2017 Nissan Maxima. While I love the car would I buy another? Would you?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I bought a 2014 Nissan Maxima in 2018. It had 60k miles on it but appeared to be in great condition. I LOVED this car, I loved the sporty look, the power, and the interior design. Unfortunately at 70k I started to have major issues with it. The engine started knocking and I was told by Nissan that it needed new main engine bearings ($2,500) but that my best bet would be to replace the engine (about $6,000+). I'm not saying that all Nissans are bad but I will say I had an awful experience and will not by from Nissan again. Buyer beware!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Had an issue with front control arm. Corporate told me they would send a tow truck to house to take to closest dealership. I knew what was wrong with my 2016 Maxima from the get go. Nissan Consumer Affair (Corporate) agent asked for pictures and I immediately provided them. She failed to tell me that she was going away for 4 days. I called everyday with no assistance. Contacted another agent and zero help. Got a crazy number from dealer to fix and I told them I'd get my own mechanic to fix it. Had tow truck go pick up my car and they won't release my car because they want $100 for diagnose. It was never discussed with either Nissan Consumer, nor the dealership.

I asked for a supervisor for Nissan Consumer to get back to me and it's been a waiting game. They should be responsible to work it out with the dealership. When we take a car to any mechanic they look at your car and provide you an estimate so one can make a decision whether to have them provide the work or not. I also had a safety recall for my car which has been paid off and I never got notification from Nissan. Stay away from Nissan Consumer Affairs (Corporate) and furthermore, stay away from Wesley Chapel Nissan in Wesley Chapel Tampa Florida.

Nissan Maxima Company Information