Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.53/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

221 Maaco Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

My car needed body work due to someone backing into it and damaging the bumper. I was referred to Maaco in Fort Wayne, IN. I called and spoke to Nico about stopping in and getting an estimate. The day I stopped in, Nico was working. He was very pleasant and had my estimate within 10 minutes. Because the person at fault recommended Maaco, I chose to go ahead and use their services. Also, Maaco's estimate came in approximately $500 less than the 2 other places I received estimates.

Nico quoted me 2-4 days for repair. He also hooked me up with a car rental place and between the 2 businesses, I had no issues with getting my car dropped off to Maaco and picked up by the rental agency. Maaco had my car done in 3 days. The work was done exceptionally well. There is no sign of any kind of damage. They also had my car washed and vacuumed! This was a very pleasant surprise. If I ever have a need for any kind of body repair, I will most definitely use Maaco in Fort Wayne.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I had to take the truck to another company to have the problem fixed on the advice of a Maaco worker. After receiving my truck back I had a problem with my door. They actually referred me to go somewhere else!!! Your one star rating of the company says everything! I would suggest people to take your car or truck to another company if you want it done correctly.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Took my 2006 Ford Freestar in for a paint job. There was no body damage, just a lot of stone chips. The job was done terribly, loads of overspray and paint runs. The emblems on the rear hatch were reversed. They re-painted it a month later and now there was more overspray and new paint runs. The rear emblems were missing and could not be found. The management had been fired and a new operator in charge. He has been less than helpful. Has ordered replacement emblems for the rear (he says). I’ve been waiting two months. Don't be suckered by the price, find a reputable shop.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

We saved our money, we care for my 95 year old father in law, a war veteran... to bring an old classic truck from Iowa... as part of a nonprofit outreach for trauma survivors, and those grieving the loss of a child. The truck was a symbol of ten years of struggles, and Bill in Manchester, CT lied to me through his teeth after extensive conversations about our goal. I paid for a truck that is bond over rust, parts that were never installed, and they left a stucco racing stripe of dust on the roof where they did not paint it. It is going to cost possibly nine thousand dollars to strip the classic Chevy and repair the DAMAGE. He has an F BBB rating, and he is stringing me along... BILL is telling me ROB is the owner... no Rob... no phone call, no settlement. Beware. I am about to picket so BILL cannot ROB anyone else through his smiling yellow teeth!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

They changed of price, from 350 to 500, the manager very unpolite, he insult me front to employees. Is this an American company? No respect to customer. If they said me, this cracker or wherever you call, 60 dollar, this 80 or wherever, I paid, I hope never have to go to other MAACO. Be careful. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maaco?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Maaco ruined my truck. They said I would not see any paint on my trim. Every single piece of trim is partially painted. My grill, lights, bed liner and many under truck components all painted. They got white paint on my leather interior as well. I have never experienced a shop so bad with so little remorse. Despite a 5 year warranty I will not bring my truck in despite the fact a year later pint is peeling off. Wish I could give these guys -100 stars.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Since August Josh was supposed to call to get a supplement. After calling and leaving various emails I found out from insurance he'd never called. Finally got everything sorted out or so I thought, took my vehicle in on a Monday morning. Come Friday I was told insurance still hadn't approved supplement, I went for my truck as they do not work weekends. Several of my sons belonging were missing, belongings that were in the glove box as well, they had no business in the glove box. We were not told to empty out vehicle as they claim and we didn't know they had thieves working for them. At least 10 dollars in change, my sons baseball bat, his iPhone charger and a baseball bat flashlight. Instead of questioning employees they stated it was our fault for leaving belongings in vehicle. And it wasn't even worked on so it shouldn't of been touched, never again.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Less than a year ago I had my 1998 Toyota Camry painted by Maaco. The paint on the bumper is has cracked with lines in it. My husband went on the 24th of September and spoke with Omar, who stated to bring the car back on Monday and they would take care of the problem, as it is still under the one year warranty. We dropped the car off on Sunday, Sept. 30, for Monday job completion. I just called to inquire about the status of the car today at 2:30 pm 10/01/2018, Irving states that my car is not under warranty and that the bumper requires body work and that they never touched my bumper, that they only did the rear passenger door. I asked him several times if he was confusing me with someone else, he stated no.

I told him that they painted my entire car. I also, asked why they had not begun work. He claims they have tried calling my husband several times and he hasn't answered. I informed Irving that I spoke with my husband about an hour ago and he had not received any calls from them. He had no missed calls and that is why I was calling. Irving goes on to say that we have no warranty. I told him I would contact my husband and he will be calling them and that they need to honor the warranty. In the middle of my sentence Irving hung up on me. Total lack of professionalism. I will never use Maaco again. Maaco gives you the runaround and do not stand behind their work. They make excuses and continuous try to charge you extra money. Lucky for me Maaco, I have all my paperwork, even the last one from Omar, so get it right or get ready. And I have no problem sharing this story with any and everybody on social media.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Brought my older truck to get a paint job. It was a flat black with 3 small rust holes. We were told they cannot warranty the paint due to the current paint and they don't strip down. They did state it would be car show quality. To my surprise, they would not only not warranty their paint but they won't warranty their workmanship.

Both the Fridley, MN shop and corporate headquarters would not correct or refund their workmanship flaws. The flaws include missed paint spots, paint chips like a tool hit the new paint and severe paint runs. When I pointed out the paint runs, one worker agreed these were paint runs and would need to be fixed. The store manager argued these were flaws part of my car even though I have pictures showing a smooth body before their work. They agreed to fix the paint chip but really only applied some paint without the sealer or smoothing. For the paint chip, they literally gave me some touch up paint for me to correct myself. When I pointed out the missing sealcoat, their solution was for me to use clear finger nail polish. It really shows me a company who really doesn't respect cars, know what they are doing and don't care for the customer. Think twice before using Maaco.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Car was not ready on time. I was told I would get $50 back if the car wasn't ready after a week's time and it was not given. Brought car back because the driver door and back door were not lined up as promised. Never got my money back. I had to take my car to another place to get the door fixed right. MAACO made car worse. Air and rain coming through. Received attitude and they lied and tried to blame me for the car door. I don't even have the tools to remove the parts. So Maaco ripped me off $150 dollars. They had paint on the door handle and a few spots where it dripped. I paid over $3000 dollars. I don't see the two coats. Rip off. I know it was because I was a woman. Another woman had to bring back her car because it was not done correctly.

Maaco Company Information