3.78/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Jeep Wrangler

The Jeep Wrangler is an SUV designed for off-roading and is available in both 2- and 4-door models. Read more Jeep reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Jeep Wrangler Reviews

Original review: July 30, 2018

I have had a Great experience with my car. Strong and comfortable vehicle, runs great and I have traveled long distances with it. This car is also very good looking and I love the style that makes it very cool. But electric issues can be a bit of a hassle. Air conditioning broke down and had to get fixed. Also the door button broke off and had to be replaced twice. The parts are pretty reasonable though and I've had to get it serviced and maintained. That is what's cost the most but it helps keep my car in good condition.

Original review: July 28, 2018

The Wrangler handles fantastic in all kinds of weather and road conditions. It is a dream to drive. The four wheel drive system makes driving in snow so much easier. I like the sporty appearance but also the four wheel drive system is perfect for driving in all conditions. I also enjoy being able to remove the hard top in the summer for a true all season vehicle. I would like though to see more color options offered such as a plum crazy purple or a metallic dark grey.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I purchased a 2018 Jeep JL Rubicon in May of 2018. On July 3, 2018 my wife noted a message on the console while driving that stated she should pull over as the vehicle will shutdown soon. She was only a short ways from home and was able to safely return home with the vehicle. I drove it the next day and had the same problem and it was worse. The vehicle started shutting down, the electrical was going crazy, the 4x4 system started randomly to engage the 4x4 and disconnect the sway bar and engage the lockers. This is very dangerous while driving. I got the Jeep home and called for a tow truck to take it to the dealership on July 4, 2018. The Jeep would not start. It would not go into gear and it started acting crazy and the stereo would even randomly come on at maximum volume. The dealership did everything and tried to find what was wrong. They replaced a module and did a recall on the vehicle.

They had the vehicle for 7 days which placed it out of service. On July 15 I had completed washing the vehicle and decided to inspect the frame of the vehicle. On the JL Wrangler forums it had been noted by several other JL owners that the steel frame of the vehicle was rusting around the welds and paint on the frame is flaking off. I checked under my vehicle and found advanced rust around the welds in key areas and that rust is starting at most of the major weld points due to poor welding from the manufacturing process. I am not the only one. This is a well documented issue for several Jeep owners. We have also filed complaints with the NHTSA for this issue as one person while driving with his family had a catastrophic structural failure of the vehicle.

On July 20 while driving the Jeep the same electrical issues started again and the message about Stop Immediately and pull over as the Jeep will shutdown soon will happen. Not more than a few seconds later the Jeep started going crazy it lost all power. I almost wrecked. Fiat Chrysler the owners of Jeep have had very poor customer service and have not given my complaints any serious consideration. Jeep has been horrible through this whole experience. I have requested numerous times to have this vehicle returned under the lemon law but they are being obstinant about the entire situation. By far one of the worst vehicles I have ever owned and I am severely disappointed in Jeep AKA Fiat Chrysler.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I love my Jeep Wrangler. It's fun and safe to drive. It has four-wheel drive and I really like the soft top so that I can take the top down. It's got big tires that are great in all kinds of weather. It has had minimal things go wrong with it. Although, I wish the carpets were made a little better. They roll up and it's hard to clean. I had to upgrade the tires too. The standard tires were awful. The rims also rusted out and the tires wore down quickly. The soft top windows do scratch easily as well, but I love driving it and I would recommend a Jeep to anyone.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Bought for adventure outings and to explore on road trips. Purchased used. Jeeps hold their resale value very very well. It's a 4 wheel drive and we liked the look and style. This motor is one of the best motors there is for lasting for miles and miles. Rides rough but it's a Jeep. Hard to access the back seat especially for seniors too. Top comes off but not too easy to take top off or put back one. We bought 2 door. 4 door would have more room. If we purchase another Jeep, it will be 4 door for sure. But we are satisfied with this vehicle.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Wrangler?

Original review: July 2, 2018

Bought a brand new 6-speed 2018 Jeep Unlimited. 2 miles when I bought it. I've had it maybe a month. My nephew and I both were driving and there are MAJOR STEERING ISSUES. THE JEEP DOES NOT WANT TO TURN. I almost side-swiped the car next to me. It has a hesitation and each time, it gets longer in the amount of time it takes to finally turn. I took it to the dealership today. I bought this Jeep because I have a Lexus that has had numerous issues and needed something reliable. Now, with my 8 yr old daughter, and being a single mom, while also working in the hospital 12 hr shifts, I have nothing reliable. I work too hard for issues such as this. I do not recommend the purchase of the new Jeep. I had a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara and loved it. My love for Jeep is gone.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I wish the shifter up & down was opposite and the auto 4x switch wasn't in the place it is. Other than that Jeep Renegade is fabulous. I couldn't afford a Wrangler and this is the next best thing.

Original review: May 4, 2018

The engine and undercarriage of the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon are a step up for sure from Wrangler. But overpriced for the value! Makes no sense why it costs so much new. Not worth it. Buy it used.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I have contacted Jeep three times about the transmission lines leaking from the factory crimp on my 2010 Jeep Wrangler. I keep getting the runaround. They put me on hold while they act concerned then come back and tell me sorry that my Jeep is not included in the transmission lines leaking defective parts issue. So when the transmission leaves us stranded on the highway and causes an accident Jeep will be receiving another copy of this review from my lawyer.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport with 46000 mile. I take it to an oil change place every 3000 mile. I have the paperwork. I took it to get my oil changed. When I got it back I noticed a knock from the engine that it didn't have before. I took it back to the oil change place. The sound was louder. They said it sounded like the lower end of the engine was coming apart and recommended I take it to a Jeep dealer. I had it towed there. They said for 250 dollars they would check it out. They did and said the motor was blowing up. They checked with Jeep with all my oil change paperwork in hand. They said Jeep might cover it.

They checked with Jeep and they said, "nope not covered." I talked with Jeep Headquarters. They said the same thing. The main guy at Jeep checked to see if he could get a crank and found there was none in the U.S.A. and no aftermarket. He said they would have to replace the complete engine at a cost of 5600 dollars. I talked with Jeep Headquarters again to see if they would help with the cost, again nope. This is my daily driver back and forth to work. Never been out four wheeling. They could tell it's been taken care of. I have had 3 Jeep Wanglers in my life with not one problem just normal wear and tear. I had a new engine put in by another company for 4800. This is the last jeep for me.

Jeep Wrangler Company Information