3.78/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Jeep Wrangler

The Jeep Wrangler is an SUV designed for off-roading and is available in both 2- and 4-door models. Read more Jeep reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Jeep Wrangler Reviews

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

For the past year my 2008 Jeep Wrangler has had issues with at times not starting. It would happen intermittently. I purchased this Jeep new from White Plains Jeep Dealership in 2008. I like the truck but have had several issues throughout the years. For the past year I have been dealing with the Jeep on occasion not starting. You would turn the key and nothing as if the battery were dead. I was getting the car started by moving the gear shift to neutral and then moving it back up to the park position and would move the shifter around a bit. After a few more attempts the Jeep would start up like new. I did some research and found that there were hundreds of complaints with this same issue. Many of the complaints stated that they took there Jeep to the dealership or shops and had the battery, alternator and starter changed and still have this issue.

In my Jeep I have changed the battery recently and Bill Volz' Westchester Jeep dealership changed out my starter. I had the car home for a week and then the issue started again. I took my car back to the Jeep dealership and it has been there two days with no fix in sights. I called Chrysler and got a case number and a case manager to see if they could have a technician coordinate with the mechanic at this dealership and come up with an idea for repair. With hundreds of complaints on line they must know that this is an issue. Chrysler has not had a recall on this issue.

Many of the complaints say the problems are with the Transmission Range Sensor, which when it goes bad doesn't send a signal that the car is actually in Park or neutral and won't allow it to start. It has been two days and the Case manager has not called me back. I have called him and left him messages and no response. Never purchase a Chrysler vehicle again. Shame because I love jeeps.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

2019 Jeep JL list. Pre ignition issues since day 1 and told that they cannot do anything because it's within normal levels, However I have two friends that have the same year Jeep and nothing. Was also told that it's because the transmission gets used to the way I drive so it's my fault essentially. Clunking noises when reversing. Stereo issues screen goes blue from time to time and I lose volume.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

My 2016 Jeep Wrangler began stalling approximately three months into the lease (it was brand new). I am now 3 1/2 years into the lease and it has happened 8 times. One time lead to a car accident in which I was permanently injured. I have photos of the light that comes on. I brought them to all the service appointments. I was told there is nothing wrong with my car because there is "no code" indicating something is wrong.

It happened again this week, except this time I lost all control over the vehicle. I was basically ice skating across Route 66 in Neptune, New Jersey as cars swerved to avoid me. While I attempted to gain control over my car I watched an 18 wheeler come towards me, unable to stop. I got out of its way seconds before becoming part of its tire. I'M DONE. I am taking it in for service again and if I have to leave with this vehicle I will be starting a class action lawsuit. I am reading about numerous occurrences very similar to mine. If you care to join in a class action lawsuit against this AWFUL company, please e-mail me. **

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

The trans in these Jeeps are junk not like the old ones. You're better off getting one from the 1980s and fixing it up. You get one now you're going to have trans issues. You would be better off not buying one unless you like putting trans in every 40k. Got a older one now. No issue. Knock on wood.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Where do I even start! I purchased my used 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara in 2016 after trading in my 2011 Honda Accord (another mistake). Everything was going well until almost a year into it (April 2017) the transmission went out. I went back to the dealership and was told my warranty had just expired 200 miles. I had the transmission repaired and received a transmission to warranty everything was going fine until May 2018 and the transmission went out AGAIN! This transmission was covered under warranty and everything was free. Besides other minor issues like radio automatically shutting off or whatnot things were fine and now fast forward to May 2019 and the transmission has went out AGAIN for the 3rd TIME! I am so frustrated and over this vehicle. I was told by my repair guy he has heard of numerous issues with Jeep Wranglers and transmissions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Wrangler?

Original review: May 3, 2019

Bought a used 2016 black Hardrock Jeep Rubicon with 12,500 miles in January. Ran perfect for a month, no problems in vehicle history report, vehicle was always garaged, excellent condition. A month out of warranty it just quits in parking lot with no warning, will not start, 14,500 miles. Dealer has been trying their best to fix it without success. Dealer contacts Chrysler since they have tried almost everything after a month. Chrysler customer care claims they are trying to get to the bottom of it, I have been calling them every other day. After a month, still no visit from Chrysler to get this vehicle fixed.

Just a bunch of nonsense over the phone about how it will be fixed, nonsense, after 2 months still no further progress. Totally dissatisfied! I wish I could rate my satisfaction at a ZERO! I previously owned a 2006 Wrangler and my dad has owned multiple Jeep Rubicons, a Liberty and a Wrangler, not to mention a 1947 Willys, and other older Jeeps. Both of us are considering never buying another Chrysler product after this experience. I am very unhappy!

Original review: April 5, 2019

My husband and I leased a 2019 Wrangler exactly 2 weeks ago today. The vehicle has 137 miles. Tuesday, the car completely shut down while driving a mile from my house. The car wouldn't turn on at all. After waiting 2 hours for the FCA hired tow truck, I arrived at the dealer to not even get a loaner and told diagnostics needs to happen before they give me a rental.

Last night, Thursday, I picked up the Jeep and drove home. Just now, I get in the Wrangler and not even a mile from my house the transmission light turns on! This is totally unacceptable for a new vehicle, let alone one with a sticker price of $42k. Even if they bring it back and "fix" it, I cannot trust this vehicle to drive out of town. What if I was on the highway and it just shut down? This is not only frustrating but extremely unsafe and truly putting lives at danger. I owned a 2001 Cherokee prior to this, and I'm in shock that the quality of Jeep has plummeted like this.

Original review: April 1, 2019

My 2012 Jeep Wrangler only has 42,000 miles and this is the second time I’ve had issues with the check engine light and cylinder head issues both times!! Now this second time it’s worse. No car for a month because the part is back ordered! I wonder why??? Not good. I hope they pay for my car rental, because they didn’t even offer me one. :(

Original review: March 19, 2019

Have a 2014 Wrangler. Since the second year of purchase the ABS/traction lights come on constantly. Every year, have to be at the dealer every couple of months. It's a constant hassle for a vehicle that's less than 5 years old.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I’ve owned dozens of Jeeps since 1994. My 2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon was ordered and purchased at my local dealer, Faricy Jeep, in Colorado Springs, CO. The order and purchase experience was top notch. Currently I have 10k miles on the Jeep. Only issues so far: 1. Rattling speaker that is back ordered but should be fixed soon. 2. Steering play - I’ve learned to live with it. 3. Off road pages isn’t available yet. I spent more for the 8.4 nav system to get the off road pages program. I’ve been told it will eventually be available. It is frustrating it isn’t available now. Otherwise I love the Jeep. It is great using it to explore Colorado. It’s expensive at $50k but worth it.

Jeep Wrangler Company Information