3.74/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Jeep Wrangler

The Jeep Wrangler is an SUV designed for off-roading and is available in both 2- and 4-door models. Read more Jeep reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

175 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

The trans in these Jeeps are junk not like the old ones. You're better off getting one from the 1980s and fixing it up. You get one now you're going to have trans issues. You would be better off not buying one unless you like putting trans in every 40k. Got a older one now. No issue. Knock on wood.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Where do I even start! I purchased my used 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara in 2016 after trading in my 2011 Honda Accord (another mistake). Everything was going well until almost a year into it (April 2017) the transmission went out. I went back to the dealership and was told my warranty had just expired 200 miles. I had the transmission repaired and received a transmission to warranty everything was going fine until May 2018 and the transmission went out AGAIN! This transmission was covered under warranty and everything was free. Besides other minor issues like radio automatically shutting off or whatnot things were fine and now fast forward to May 2019 and the transmission has went out AGAIN for the 3rd TIME! I am so frustrated and over this vehicle. I was told by my repair guy he has heard of numerous issues with Jeep Wranglers and transmissions.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Bought a used 2016 black Hardrock Jeep Rubicon with 12,500 miles in January. Ran perfect for a month, no problems in vehicle history report, vehicle was always garaged, excellent condition. A month out of warranty it just quits in parking lot with no warning, will not start, 14,500 miles. Dealer has been trying their best to fix it without success. Dealer contacts Chrysler since they have tried almost everything after a month. Chrysler customer care claims they are trying to get to the bottom of it, I have been calling them every other day. After a month, still no visit from Chrysler to get this vehicle fixed.

Just a bunch of nonsense over the phone about how it will be fixed, nonsense, after 2 months still no further progress. Totally dissatisfied! I wish I could rate my satisfaction at a ZERO! I previously owned a 2006 Wrangler and my dad has owned multiple Jeep Rubicons, a Liberty and a Wrangler, not to mention a 1947 Willys, and other older Jeeps. Both of us are considering never buying another Chrysler product after this experience. I am very unhappy!

Original review: April 5, 2019

My husband and I leased a 2019 Wrangler exactly 2 weeks ago today. The vehicle has 137 miles. Tuesday, the car completely shut down while driving a mile from my house. The car wouldn't turn on at all. After waiting 2 hours for the FCA hired tow truck, I arrived at the dealer to not even get a loaner and told diagnostics needs to happen before they give me a rental.

Last night, Thursday, I picked up the Jeep and drove home. Just now, I get in the Wrangler and not even a mile from my house the transmission light turns on! This is totally unacceptable for a new vehicle, let alone one with a sticker price of $42k. Even if they bring it back and "fix" it, I cannot trust this vehicle to drive out of town. What if I was on the highway and it just shut down? This is not only frustrating but extremely unsafe and truly putting lives at danger. I owned a 2001 Cherokee prior to this, and I'm in shock that the quality of Jeep has plummeted like this.

Original review: April 1, 2019

My 2012 Jeep Wrangler only has 42,000 miles and this is the second time I’ve had issues with the check engine light and cylinder head issues both times!! Now this second time it’s worse. No car for a month because the part is back ordered! I wonder why??? Not good. I hope they pay for my car rental, because they didn’t even offer me one. :(

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Wrangler?

Original review: March 19, 2019

Have a 2014 Wrangler. Since the second year of purchase the ABS/traction lights come on constantly. Every year, have to be at the dealer every couple of months. It's a constant hassle for a vehicle that's less than 5 years old.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I’ve owned dozens of Jeeps since 1994. My 2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon was ordered and purchased at my local dealer, Faricy Jeep, in Colorado Springs, CO. The order and purchase experience was top notch. Currently I have 10k miles on the Jeep. Only issues so far: 1. Rattling speaker that is back ordered but should be fixed soon. 2. Steering play - I’ve learned to live with it. 3. Off road pages isn’t available yet. I spent more for the 8.4 nav system to get the off road pages program. I’ve been told it will eventually be available. It is frustrating it isn’t available now. Otherwise I love the Jeep. It is great using it to explore Colorado. It’s expensive at $50k but worth it.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I don’t really know where to start. The Jeep Wrangler is a really cool vehicle but that’s about it. Problem one, rear armrest doesn’t latch properly. Took to service, I was told they won’t replace it, it’s just new and it’s a Jeep, there’s going to be problems. Second issue on same visit the 8-9” Uconnect audio navigation system audio system is very glitchy, sound fades in and out. Manufacturer says they don’t have a fix, Will in time. Wow a $55,000 vehicle and audio system is broken. Has been months now, no resolution. I decided to take it to another dealer for a second opinion, oh on the way to the dealer the passenger seat belt broke. The second dealer said the same thing, it’s new, it’s a Jeep, problems are going to happen. They ordered the part, that was fixed. I’ve never seen a seat belt break, a very important safety device.

My confidence in Jeep products are very low at this point based on how I’ve been treated and how they regard their product. I actually chose the Jeep over a reliable 4Runner. It was a very expensive mistake on my part. Hopefully it lasts long enough for the duration of my loan. I’m not sure it will. Don’t buy a Jeep product unless you have an endless supply of money, time, and patience. I’ll post an update when something else breaks.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Complaint - In June 25, 2018 I took my 2016 Jeep Wrangler for an ABS light on. This is when the whole ordeal started and hasn’t ended since now. I took my vehicle to Jim Browne Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in Tampa Fl. The service department is PATHETIC. I brought my vehicle in for a code for an abs light on the dash. I met Julie. The worst day of my life. She suggested I needed a tire rotation which I thought was odd as I just purchased 4 new tires and had them rotated but it only cost $22.00 so I told her, "Ok if you think I need it."

Then she starts with an obsession-with a low ticking noise. My Jeep was running great. My husband tells her, "Let’s not lose focus we know." She checks her handheld computer and states, "Oh you don’t have warranty." I told her I just purchased an extended warranty and she looked at it and say, "Oh it’s Assurant. I have dealt with them all the time. I will call them and gets the ticking noise and abs light covered under warranty."

I left the vehicle and she calls me back later that afternoon to say, "I spoke to warranty and they say you will have to pay $400.00 to look at the engine," but not to worry, that I won’t have to pay for that. She is sure it would be under the warranty. She then calls me back and say, "Well the warranty would not cover the engine because they feel it’s preexisting," and I asked what about the abs light. She say, "Oh that’s not covered because they didn’t see the abs light on and they feel it’s preexisting as well." I told her just put my car back together and I’ll be there to pick it up and take it somewhere else. She calls back a short time and states, "Oh I’m just calling to tell you that if you want your car put back together you will have to pay an additional 400.00 to get the car put back together." I asked to speak to her supervisor and I spoke with Justin who adjusted the price and charged me $426.00 for them to look at the engine.

Four days later when they were complete I picked up my Jeep Wrangler just to stall out in the highway. I could have died this day as I was traveling at 55mph but GOD was with me. With very hard maneuver I was able to pull to the side of the road and not get hit from the rear. I called the dealership and told them what just happen and I was getting it towed back to them. My first thought is they were upset about not getting the engine work that they didn’t put things back in place as they should have. Or forgot to put oil back in the engine and it locked. But I’m not mechanic. I could smell fumes from burnt oil that came from the hood of the car.

I had the vehicle towed back to the dealership and now after they diagnosed it they come back and say it was a starter that went bad. They wanted to get a starter and Justin called me back a few days later to say that the car still won’t start after they placed the starter in it. So they are still working on the vehicle to see what occurred. He did provided a rental and said they will work on it and let me know what happen. A few days later he calls me back and say, "Well we are going to replace the engine on a goodwill," and to bring back the rental and get one of their vehicles until the engine comes in and is replaced. I would have to pay another $500.00 for a warranty and they will cover the rest.

The warranty covers 5 years /100,000 miles I was told and if anything goes wrong I can take it to any Jeep dealership. I had to pay for a starter which he say before was not the problem and the warranty. Now I’m up to $1078.00 for a warranty, starter and for the diagnose of ticking noise and my abs light was never repaired. That was the reason for going there from the start.

I picked up my Jeep after almost a month and I leave the dealership to experience the vehicle smoking from the hood and fumes of burning oil. I called them back again and Julie stated that the smoke is from burn off period which should go away in a couple of days driving it. I then took my Jeep to Firestone which is on the MacDill AFB military base and the mechanic stated it is an oil leak from the gaskets. He say that doesn’t look like burn off oil. He just looked down where the smoke was coming from and he states, "I see the drip on the manifold cover."

I then called Justin to explain to him our finding and he suggested I give him the mechanic's name and number that he wants to talk to him. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He then calls the Firestone and the mechanic tells him, "I believe it’s a leak not a burn off period." So Justin calls me back and states he wasn’t for sure that it was a leak as he did not take the motor apart. He suggested we drive the vehicle for a couple of days and if it’s still smoking bring it back. My husband told him maybe we should just take it to another dealership and he said, "No. Bring it here." My husband told him, "We just don’t trust you anymore."

I drove the vehicle for another 4 hours and it’s started smoking so much into the vehicle as well while I had my grand babies in the vehicle. I then took it to Central Orlando Jeep dealership and he states, "We can’t look at it because it’s a goodwill warranty from Chrysler." Now there’s a check engine light on and smoke still coming from the hood. I don’t trust taking my vehicle to Jim Browne Jeep and Chrysler. I’m looking to get rid of the Jeep at this point. The ticking noise is back. Not knowing the condition of my vehicle. I do not feel safe driving this new 2016 Jeep as it smokes in the engine area and ticking noise is back.

I took the vehicle back to Jim Browne dealership and they worked on the engine again and after a month they called to tell me the vehicle is ready. I took possession on August 1, 2018 and explained that I was traveling out of state and I want to make sure this Jeep will make it. Justin assured me the engine is fine and it will make it to NJ and back with no issues. In September 2018 as we were driving back from a cruise in South Carolina the Jeep breaks down again. I had it towed now to Hendrick Chrysler Jeep dealership in North Carolina and the service manager say it’s the engine that failed and they would have to look into it further and order parts and talk to someone in the dealership in Tampa as they appeared to not have tightened some part in the engine which caused it to damage the engine. It appears that something in the engine was not tightened and the oil started to leak in the engine again.

The dealership took possession of the Jeep and stated they would have to wait for parts to come in from the warehouse. I was given a rental for a month and they were completed September 24th and I took possession of the vehicle. Some more major work was done to the engine. On December 7, 2018 took my Jeep to Central Florida Chrysler dealership for an oil change and was advised that there appear to be an oil leak from the engine again. A further diagnostic should be conducted but that they don’t have the professionals for this type of work. What am I to do now. I have had the worst experience with this Jeep and this engine. I need some type of resolution. If my issues are not resolved you give me no alternative then to file a complaint with the State Attorney General and will report you to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I have had many problems from day one when I bought it. My Jeep is a 2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited. First the paint job was very terrible. It's still is. It looks like fish eyes. I had to have them fix it at least twice now. At 21,000 miles give or take was on vacation and then something with the fuel ignitor went literally driving down the road and had to hurry up and pull off. Yes Jeep did take care of it because it was under warranty but the fact that it's 21,000 miles that sucked. I have had the fenders redone because they have cracked.

I have also had the seals replaced in the freedom top twice and also on the door driver side. I have never taken the doors off many many leaks. I'm also having problems with my radio. It literally just shuts off and reboots itself. Took it to the dealership to see if they can fix it. The only thing they told me was, "There's nothing we can do for it except for put about $1,800 into a radio." It is touch screen has navigation but still $1,800 for a radio.

I've also had issues with some wires touching and literally driving down the road have no gas pedal. I was traveling a highway and I could not hit the gas pedal to get out of the way. I was lucky enough to be able to pull over and then I could not start the Jeep. After that had to have it towed to the dealership and of course it was not under warranty anymore because I could not afford to buy the extended warranty and I had to pay out of the pocket. This is my first Jeep that I ever bought and I'm telling you up in three and a half years having the issues that I have had I swear I'll probably never go back and buy any type of Jeep Chrysler Dodge any type of Mopar product. Very very very unhappy with it.

Jeep Wrangler Company Information