2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.76/5

The Jeep Wrangler is an SUV designed for off-roading and is available in both 2- and 4-door models. Read more Jeep reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Jeep Wrangler Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Wrangler?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Wrangler?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The Wrangler is a distinctive vehicle. Love it or hate it, it’s not your typical truck or SUV. It has a fun, bouncy ride, with uncanny turn radius. It’s the go-anywhere car that gives an underlying sense of freedom. They haven’t changed that much over the years, mine is the 2018 JL model. The upgrades in the top removal (hard and soft) are awesome. On and off with ease. Though still bouncy, it’s a smoother ride. The only drawback I have come across is the Uconnect entertainment system. It freezes on occasion and it’s difficult to get it to unlock. Overall, a joy to Drive.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

The Jeep Wrangler is the pinnacle of off-road SUVs. It is versatile, easy to maintain and offers more accessories than any other vehicle I have seen. Due to the popularity, it is a little more expensive than where it should be, but has a great resale value. It is also a fun vehicle whether on the highway or off road in the mud.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Well built. Notable improvements over the years. Jeep hold value well. Jeep Wrangler usage in all types of climate. Goes from standard vehicle to convertible to 4x4. The vehicle to have for WHEREVER you live or plan to travel. Going from snow to warm weather it's like changing your clothes. It suits all!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I purchased a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited in 2017 & haven't regretted it. It rides much smoother than the 2-door & is pretty comfy & spacious inside. The gas mileage isn't too bad; it averages 19 mpg in summer on secondary roads (17.5 mpg in winter) & 23 mpg on highways in summer (18 mpg in winter). The Wrangler is a very stable vehicle with quick response to driver changes. The 4WD is a good feature for driving in snowy weather & unpaved roads (if you go there).

Acceleration is great for a vehicle this size & gives other vehicles a run for their money. Stopping distance is short for this vehicle; the brakes really grab & can stop it pretty much on a dime. I didn't get the fancy navigation or radio options (although I did get the Sirius XM package), but I did have the opportunity to use it in a test drive & it's definitely a nice feature if you want it. Jeep has a wide variety of options for this vehicle, from navigation to tow packages, slick colors & luxury interiors. I would definitely recommend this vehicle for anyone looking to have a little fun & experience "freedom".

Original review: July 7, 2020

I purchased my Jeep Wrangler Sport less than a year ago-brand new. The car is an adventure car, however the experience working with the dealership is one of the worst customer services experiences I had.

Original review: May 20, 2020

Stay away from Chrysler Jeep products. Do your research before you buy. Look at all the forums! Steering and components are junk. Mine broke in half going under 20 mph making a turn. Thankfully no severe injuries, my child wasn't in vehicle, no other vehicle involved, and speed wasnt faster or jeep would have flipped. The bolt holding the pitman arm to the steering box broke in half at an angle. Jeep barely has 100k miles on it. No vibration or warning sign. JK Wranglers are all bad about this. Come to find out my jeep has 9 other recalls, none to do with this issue though, although the forums show that there is a very bad issue and all owners had to replace at own expense.

Won't stand by their product nor give any kind of help. Wreck happened first of April and I just got an email this week with basically 2 sentences saying because I had to go up 1 tire size, (255 - 265) same wheel size (18) and same width ratio, they don't feel it's their fault. Had to contact state attorney general and BBB of Michigan. Waiting on reply. Stay away from jeep and Chrysler products. Should've listened to word of mouth and read forums. As big a Cummins fan I am, my truck is now up for sale as well. Won't buy another till they ditch Chrysler.

Original review: April 10, 2020

2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU with 60119 miles at discovery of issues by dealership, Jeep was purchased new from dealer. Chrysler was contacted by dealership and myself to cover maintenance on blown head engine head gaskets following inspection. On 23Feb20 I noticed excessive vapor coming out of my exhaust on my way home, I checked my coolant and oil to see if there were any problems. Finding low coolant levels however it was still within normal range. Not having any other problems or temperature change I parked my car at home. No more than an additional 3 miles were driven. The following day I contacted a dealerships to check for maintenance and was advised to bring it in if drivable.

My vehicle was driven to World Jeep in Shrewsberry NJ where it was determined my head gaskets are damaged and a repair was necessary. The dealership recommended the additional replacement of the radiator which Chrysler was informed of and discussed terms for covering the repair of the vehicle as the failure occurred right at warranty. Following the maintenance and repair I drove my vehicle home and submitted the paid bills which a Chrysler rep had discussed for payment. I found the engine was still having a problem with air in the radiator/coolant line and immediately took my vehicle back to the dealership for a coolant purge.

During inspection the Chrysler master mechanic noticed the main coolant fan was not operating as expected. The main coolant fan operation was intermittent which would have caused a long term overheating as the root cause failure of the head gasket which was to determined by the Chrysler facility to have been failing over the last 10,000 miles. Chrysler was contacted and approved maintenance as with the other failed items. Following replacement I drove my vehicle home. Attempting to drive it later the next day when I found my vehicle unable to start. I contacted World Jeep again and was able to start my vehicle and drive it to the dealership for maintenance inspection. Dealership found gasket installed was defective, the heater core was clogged unable to provide heat in the cab and the engine had a knocking noise.

Chrysler was contacted to recommend course of action which is the replacement of the engine. 10APR20 Chrysler has changed case managers 4 times and has been difficult to receive a response back by myself or the jeep dealership. Chrysler is now refusing to cover any of the work they had previously agreed to help cover and are only willing to assist with 50% of the repair costs of the engine replacement. This is my 3rd Jeep wrangler and I am unable receive appropriate assistance from Chrysler/Jeep for a failed component that caused catastrophe damage over a long period of time only to be noticed at the end of my warranty. Chrysler has switched case managers and told conflicting information with a limited response for a problem that has occurred in multiple jeep wranglers and is not an uncommon problem.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I recently purchased a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2019. My first choice was to replace my 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara standard but it was impossible to find a standard so I went with the Rubicon. One thing I noticed immediately was the buildup of ice, snow and rocks on the rear fenders and hinges. I approached the dealership and another company that deals with mud flaps. I was told that there are no mud flaps available for this 2019 Jeep. I was not offered an alternative fix to this problem. I have 3M tape but it is chipping and I have small rocks embedded between the body and fender. Soon I will have chips to the hinges too.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

August 3, 2019 I bought a brand new 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with 15 miles on it from Brown-Daub in Easton, PA. Since then I have had the Jeep back to the service department two times. Within two months I needed a replacement of: (1) dash instrument cluster, which took up to 2-3 weeks before the part came in and after six months (2) replacement of throttle body and gasket throttle. DTC's showed P2072 ETC Ice Block; P2110 Forced limited RPM; P2118 Motor Performance and C121C Torgue denied.

I reached out to the salesman advising him of my situation and that I wanted to speak with a Manager and stated I wanted a new jeep because I obviously have a "lemon". His response, and I quote, "I mean, unfortunately, as a dealership we can only do so much. If you're looking for a buy-back of the situation that has to be done through Chrysler." WOW! Typical response from a salesman, basically telling me to piss off, it's not his problem. He made a sale and doesn't give a damn about the problems I'm having. Will never buy another from this dealership and will not advise anyone else to.

Brown-Daub, please keep in mind that your "Brown-Daub" decal is on my vehicle so, in the future, if I continue to have more problems with my brand new Jeep, Chrysler will be notified and you as well. The dealership corrected the problems because the vehicle is under warranty. My concern is what happens when the warranty has expired. I'm stuck with a vehicle that wasn't 100% from the day of purchase.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

As much as I love my 2016 Jeep Wrangler, I have had problems that are unsafe and are dangerous. My jeep's a manual and as I'm shifting into 3rd gear it will not accelerate and I suddenly get stuck in the middle of the road. This has happened a hand full of times. No check engine light comes on or any signs of what's wrong. I shut the jeep off and it wants to turn over but will not start for a few minutes. I can smell gas, after a few minutes it fires up and drives normal for a few weeks and does it all over. I have also came across water leaking in my jeep and it does not come from the top because its only on the driver side floorboard. It's been to the dealership many many times and no help. I love my jeep, but what do I do?? Keep it or trade?

Jeep Wrangler Company Information