2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.79/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

The Jeep Wrangler is an SUV designed for off-roading and is available in both 2- and 4-door models. Read more Jeep reviews to learn about other models.

Jeep Wrangler Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The Wrangler is a distinctive vehicle. Love it or hate it, it’s not your typical truck or SUV. It has a fun, bouncy ride, with uncanny turn radius. It’s the go-anywhere car that gives an underlying sense of freedom. They haven’t changed that much over the years, mine is the 2018 JL model. The upgrades in the top removal (hard and soft) are awesome. On and off with ease. Though still bouncy, it’s a smoother ride. The only drawback I have come across is the Uconnect entertainment system. It freezes on occasion and it’s difficult to get it to unlock. Overall, a joy to Drive.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

The Jeep Wrangler is the pinnacle of off-road SUVs. It is versatile, easy to maintain and offers more accessories than any other vehicle I have seen. Due to the popularity, it is a little more expensive than where it should be, but has a great resale value. It is also a fun vehicle whether on the highway or off road in the mud.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Well built. Notable improvements over the years. Jeep hold value well. Jeep Wrangler usage in all types of climate. Goes from standard vehicle to convertible to 4x4. The vehicle to have for WHEREVER you live or plan to travel. Going from snow to warm weather it's like changing your clothes. It suits all!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I purchased a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited in 2017 & haven't regretted it. It rides much smoother than the 2-door & is pretty comfy & spacious inside. The gas mileage isn't too bad; it averages 19 mpg in summer on secondary roads (17.5 mpg in winter) & 23 mpg on highways in summer (18 mpg in winter). The Wrangler is a very stable vehicle with quick response to driver changes. The 4WD is a good feature for driving in snowy weather & unpaved roads (if you go there).

Acceleration is great for a vehicle this size & gives other vehicles a run for their money. Stopping distance is short for this vehicle; the brakes really grab & can stop it pretty much on a dime. I didn't get the fancy navigation or radio options (although I did get the Sirius XM package), but I did have the opportunity to use it in a test drive & it's definitely a nice feature if you want it. Jeep has a wide variety of options for this vehicle, from navigation to tow packages, slick colors & luxury interiors. I would definitely recommend this vehicle for anyone looking to have a little fun & experience "freedom".

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

August 3, 2019 I bought a brand new 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with 15 miles on it from Brown-Daub in Easton, PA. Since then I have had the Jeep back to the service department two times. Within two months I needed a replacement of: (1) dash instrument cluster, which took up to 2-3 weeks before the part came in and after six months (2) replacement of throttle body and gasket throttle. DTC's showed P2072 ETC Ice Block; P2110 Forced limited RPM; P2118 Motor Performance and C121C Torgue denied.

I reached out to the salesman advising him of my situation and that I wanted to speak with a Manager and stated I wanted a new jeep because I obviously have a "lemon". His response, and I quote, "I mean, unfortunately, as a dealership we can only do so much. If you're looking for a buy-back of the situation that has to be done through Chrysler." WOW! Typical response from a salesman, basically telling me to piss off, it's not his problem. He made a sale and doesn't give a damn about the problems I'm having. Will never buy another from this dealership and will not advise anyone else to.

Brown-Daub, please keep in mind that your "Brown-Daub" decal is on my vehicle so, in the future, if I continue to have more problems with my brand new Jeep, Chrysler will be notified and you as well. The dealership corrected the problems because the vehicle is under warranty. My concern is what happens when the warranty has expired. I'm stuck with a vehicle that wasn't 100% from the day of purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Wrangler?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

As much as I love my 2016 Jeep Wrangler, I have had problems that are unsafe and are dangerous. My jeep's a manual and as I'm shifting into 3rd gear it will not accelerate and I suddenly get stuck in the middle of the road. This has happened a hand full of times. No check engine light comes on or any signs of what's wrong. I shut the jeep off and it wants to turn over but will not start for a few minutes. I can smell gas, after a few minutes it fires up and drives normal for a few weeks and does it all over. I have also came across water leaking in my jeep and it does not come from the top because its only on the driver side floorboard. It's been to the dealership many many times and no help. I love my jeep, but what do I do?? Keep it or trade?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

For the past year my 2008 Jeep Wrangler has had issues with at times not starting. It would happen intermittently. I purchased this Jeep new from White Plains Jeep Dealership in 2008. I like the truck but have had several issues throughout the years. For the past year I have been dealing with the Jeep on occasion not starting. You would turn the key and nothing as if the battery were dead. I was getting the car started by moving the gear shift to neutral and then moving it back up to the park position and would move the shifter around a bit. After a few more attempts the Jeep would start up like new. I did some research and found that there were hundreds of complaints with this same issue. Many of the complaints stated that they took there Jeep to the dealership or shops and had the battery, alternator and starter changed and still have this issue.

In my Jeep I have changed the battery recently and Bill Volz' Westchester Jeep dealership changed out my starter. I had the car home for a week and then the issue started again. I took my car back to the Jeep dealership and it has been there two days with no fix in sights. I called Chrysler and got a case number and a case manager to see if they could have a technician coordinate with the mechanic at this dealership and come up with an idea for repair. With hundreds of complaints on line they must know that this is an issue. Chrysler has not had a recall on this issue.

Many of the complaints say the problems are with the Transmission Range Sensor, which when it goes bad doesn't send a signal that the car is actually in Park or neutral and won't allow it to start. It has been two days and the Case manager has not called me back. I have called him and left him messages and no response. Never purchase a Chrysler vehicle again. Shame because I love jeeps.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

2019 Jeep JL list. Pre ignition issues since day 1 and told that they cannot do anything because it's within normal levels, However I have two friends that have the same year Jeep and nothing. Was also told that it's because the transmission gets used to the way I drive so it's my fault essentially. Clunking noises when reversing. Stereo issues screen goes blue from time to time and I lose volume.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

My 2016 Jeep Wrangler began stalling approximately three months into the lease (it was brand new). I am now 3 1/2 years into the lease and it has happened 8 times. One time lead to a car accident in which I was permanently injured. I have photos of the light that comes on. I brought them to all the service appointments. I was told there is nothing wrong with my car because there is "no code" indicating something is wrong.

It happened again this week, except this time I lost all control over the vehicle. I was basically ice skating across Route 66 in Neptune, New Jersey as cars swerved to avoid me. While I attempted to gain control over my car I watched an 18 wheeler come towards me, unable to stop. I got out of its way seconds before becoming part of its tire. I'M DONE. I am taking it in for service again and if I have to leave with this vehicle I will be starting a class action lawsuit. I am reading about numerous occurrences very similar to mine. If you care to join in a class action lawsuit against this AWFUL company, please e-mail me. **

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

The trans in these Jeeps are junk not like the old ones. You're better off getting one from the 1980s and fixing it up. You get one now you're going to have trans issues. You would be better off not buying one unless you like putting trans in every 40k. Got a older one now. No issue. Knock on wood.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Jeep Wrangler Company Information