2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5

The Jeep Wrangler is an SUV designed for off-roading and is available in both 2- and 4-door models. Read more Jeep reviews to learn about other models.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Jeep Wrangler Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Wrangler?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Wrangler?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I recently purchased a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2019. My first choice was to replace my 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara standard but it was impossible to find a standard so I went with the Rubicon. One thing I noticed immediately was the buildup of ice, snow and rocks on the rear fenders and hinges. I approached the dealership and another company that deals with mud flaps. I was told that there are no mud flaps available for this 2019 Jeep. I was not offered an alternative fix to this problem. I have 3M tape but it is chipping and I have small rocks embedded between the body and fender. Soon I will have chips to the hinges too.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

August 3, 2019 I bought a brand new 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with 15 miles on it from Brown-Daub in Easton, PA. Since then I have had the Jeep back to the service department two times. Within two months I needed a replacement of: (1) dash instrument cluster, which took up to 2-3 weeks before the part came in and after six months (2) replacement of throttle body and gasket throttle. DTC's showed P2072 ETC Ice Block; P2110 Forced limited RPM; P2118 Motor Performance and C121C Torgue denied.

I reached out to the salesman advising him of my situation and that I wanted to speak with a Manager and stated I wanted a new jeep because I obviously have a "lemon". His response, and I quote, "I mean, unfortunately, as a dealership we can only do so much. If you're looking for a buy-back of the situation that has to be done through Chrysler." WOW! Typical response from a salesman, basically telling me to piss off, it's not his problem. He made a sale and doesn't give a damn about the problems I'm having. Will never buy another from this dealership and will not advise anyone else to.

Brown-Daub, please keep in mind that your "Brown-Daub" decal is on my vehicle so, in the future, if I continue to have more problems with my brand new Jeep, Chrysler will be notified and you as well. The dealership corrected the problems because the vehicle is under warranty. My concern is what happens when the warranty has expired. I'm stuck with a vehicle that wasn't 100% from the day of purchase.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

As much as I love my 2016 Jeep Wrangler, I have had problems that are unsafe and are dangerous. My jeep's a manual and as I'm shifting into 3rd gear it will not accelerate and I suddenly get stuck in the middle of the road. This has happened a hand full of times. No check engine light comes on or any signs of what's wrong. I shut the jeep off and it wants to turn over but will not start for a few minutes. I can smell gas, after a few minutes it fires up and drives normal for a few weeks and does it all over. I have also came across water leaking in my jeep and it does not come from the top because its only on the driver side floorboard. It's been to the dealership many many times and no help. I love my jeep, but what do I do?? Keep it or trade?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

For the past year my 2008 Jeep Wrangler has had issues with at times not starting. It would happen intermittently. I purchased this Jeep new from White Plains Jeep Dealership in 2008. I like the truck but have had several issues throughout the years. For the past year I have been dealing with the Jeep on occasion not starting. You would turn the key and nothing as if the battery were dead. I was getting the car started by moving the gear shift to neutral and then moving it back up to the park position and would move the shifter around a bit. After a few more attempts the Jeep would start up like new. I did some research and found that there were hundreds of complaints with this same issue. Many of the complaints stated that they took there Jeep to the dealership or shops and had the battery, alternator and starter changed and still have this issue.

In my Jeep I have changed the battery recently and Bill Volz' Westchester Jeep dealership changed out my starter. I had the car home for a week and then the issue started again. I took my car back to the Jeep dealership and it has been there two days with no fix in sights. I called Chrysler and got a case number and a case manager to see if they could have a technician coordinate with the mechanic at this dealership and come up with an idea for repair. With hundreds of complaints on line they must know that this is an issue. Chrysler has not had a recall on this issue.

Many of the complaints say the problems are with the Transmission Range Sensor, which when it goes bad doesn't send a signal that the car is actually in Park or neutral and won't allow it to start. It has been two days and the Case manager has not called me back. I have called him and left him messages and no response. Never purchase a Chrysler vehicle again. Shame because I love jeeps.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

2019 Jeep JL list. Pre ignition issues since day 1 and told that they cannot do anything because it's within normal levels, However I have two friends that have the same year Jeep and nothing. Was also told that it's because the transmission gets used to the way I drive so it's my fault essentially. Clunking noises when reversing. Stereo issues screen goes blue from time to time and I lose volume.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

My 2016 Jeep Wrangler began stalling approximately three months into the lease (it was brand new). I am now 3 1/2 years into the lease and it has happened 8 times. One time lead to a car accident in which I was permanently injured. I have photos of the light that comes on. I brought them to all the service appointments. I was told there is nothing wrong with my car because there is "no code" indicating something is wrong.

It happened again this week, except this time I lost all control over the vehicle. I was basically ice skating across Route 66 in Neptune, New Jersey as cars swerved to avoid me. While I attempted to gain control over my car I watched an 18 wheeler come towards me, unable to stop. I got out of its way seconds before becoming part of its tire. I'M DONE. I am taking it in for service again and if I have to leave with this vehicle I will be starting a class action lawsuit. I am reading about numerous occurrences very similar to mine. If you care to join in a class action lawsuit against this AWFUL company, please e-mail me. **

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

The trans in these Jeeps are junk not like the old ones. You're better off getting one from the 1980s and fixing it up. You get one now you're going to have trans issues. You would be better off not buying one unless you like putting trans in every 40k. Got a older one now. No issue. Knock on wood.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Where do I even start! I purchased my used 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara in 2016 after trading in my 2011 Honda Accord (another mistake). Everything was going well until almost a year into it (April 2017) the transmission went out. I went back to the dealership and was told my warranty had just expired 200 miles. I had the transmission repaired and received a transmission to warranty everything was going fine until May 2018 and the transmission went out AGAIN! This transmission was covered under warranty and everything was free. Besides other minor issues like radio automatically shutting off or whatnot things were fine and now fast forward to May 2019 and the transmission has went out AGAIN for the 3rd TIME! I am so frustrated and over this vehicle. I was told by my repair guy he has heard of numerous issues with Jeep Wranglers and transmissions.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Bought a used 2016 black Hardrock Jeep Rubicon with 12,500 miles in January. Ran perfect for a month, no problems in vehicle history report, vehicle was always garaged, excellent condition. A month out of warranty it just quits in parking lot with no warning, will not start, 14,500 miles. Dealer has been trying their best to fix it without success. Dealer contacts Chrysler since they have tried almost everything after a month. Chrysler customer care claims they are trying to get to the bottom of it, I have been calling them every other day. After a month, still no visit from Chrysler to get this vehicle fixed.

Just a bunch of nonsense over the phone about how it will be fixed, nonsense, after 2 months still no further progress. Totally dissatisfied! I wish I could rate my satisfaction at a ZERO! I previously owned a 2006 Wrangler and my dad has owned multiple Jeep Rubicons, a Liberty and a Wrangler, not to mention a 1947 Willys, and other older Jeeps. Both of us are considering never buying another Chrysler product after this experience. I am very unhappy!

Original review: April 5, 2019

My husband and I leased a 2019 Wrangler exactly 2 weeks ago today. The vehicle has 137 miles. Tuesday, the car completely shut down while driving a mile from my house. The car wouldn't turn on at all. After waiting 2 hours for the FCA hired tow truck, I arrived at the dealer to not even get a loaner and told diagnostics needs to happen before they give me a rental.

Last night, Thursday, I picked up the Jeep and drove home. Just now, I get in the Wrangler and not even a mile from my house the transmission light turns on! This is totally unacceptable for a new vehicle, let alone one with a sticker price of $42k. Even if they bring it back and "fix" it, I cannot trust this vehicle to drive out of town. What if I was on the highway and it just shut down? This is not only frustrating but extremely unsafe and truly putting lives at danger. I owned a 2001 Cherokee prior to this, and I'm in shock that the quality of Jeep has plummeted like this.

Jeep Wrangler Company Information