Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
3.56/5

Jeep Wrangler

The Jeep Wrangler is an SUV designed for off-roading and is available in both 2- and 4-door models. Read more Jeep reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

172 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

I have had several minor-severe problems concerning my 2012 Jeep Wrangler. Just to list a few it's 2016 my clock still does not work (bought in 2012) never has. My steering wheel electrocuted/SHOCKED/zapped my husband while we were driving and almost caused us to get in an accident, once that got fixed it happened again with the horn alarming for 5 minutes straight every time we got in or out of the car causing problems at the hotel I worked at.

Tire pressure light has never properly worked. Back leather seat spontaneously ripped about 10 inches (no kids, never used the back seat). Driver side visor mirror fell off while driving, again another possible accident. Rear door automatic lock makes loud noises and won't lock. Hard top has chipped edge that I did not notice when purchasing. I notified dealership almost every time, they never fixed as promised. Center counsel compartment has always been wobbly and loose. License plate holder cheap and broken, I can go on.

I have had my Jeep in the dealership service department for full days at a time so many I can't even count. I have an entire file cabinet dedicated to Jeep problems. Many times would pick it up from dealership with nothing having been done due to lack of parts or knowledge. I was directed to Chrysler corporate and was really happy working with an agent named Holly. She offered me an owner's maintenance policy with free oil changes and extended warranty in case any additional problems occurred.

Went to use my warranty at the dealership because go figure more problems and she did not document the promises. I tried straightening it out with corporate and they are unhelpful, rude and don't care about their loyal customers. If an employee does not do their job the customer should not know or have to deal with it. Very unprofessional!!! I am extremely disappointed! Owning a Wrangler had been my dream, now it's my nightmare!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2016

I took my Jeep Wrangler 2010 two weeks ago at the Jeep dealership here in Gainesville, Fl. Apparently it needs a gear shaft. The problem I'm having is the part is not in stock till the end of February. How is it that such a big company does not have the part. So I called corporate headquarters, they gave me a case number ** for my complaint. I have not heard back from the case manager. It has been two weeks. I keep calling my dealership and they have not heard from them either for a status update. So please give me suggestions.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2015

Owned the Wrangler from Mar 2015 till current, it pops check engine light. Been in the shop 5x and every time the dealership needs it for days. They offer no loaners or rental cars. I have lost weeks of work from owning this POS. I also bought my wife the 2015 Patriot, been in the shop 2x for trans issues. Don't buy a Jeep. Avoid them at all cost!!!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

Purchased a 2012 wrangler from dealer in May. Since then I've had vehicle back for repairs on 7 different occasions. Salesman Randy assured vehicle was sound and went thru 168 point inspection prior to sale. Yet within 48 hrs of my purchase, vehicle transmission acting up, ABS sensor failed, anti-skid sensor failed, rear axles seals leaking, windows wouldn't zip closed, roof started leaking.

Battery failed, wiper motor stopped working, and now a mold condition has taken over entire vehicle. As a former 911 responder I advised that I cannot drive vehicle with mold as a result of respiratory disease. I complained about roof and was told twice that they couldn't duplicate leak in spite of 2" water on floor boards. After months of dealing with leak - once vehicle 3 mos warranty expired they miraculously found leak. Dealer misrepresented this vehicle from the start. They replaced heads weeks before they sold this vehicle to me - coupled with the many repairs required in 6 months I've owned the vehicle indicates to me that Hendricks Jeep doesn't care about consumers. The vehicle has spent 32 at dealership in 6 months and I've wasted countless days back and forth to no avail. This vehicle had been a headache since purchase and I will never buy another jeep again. Hendrick I. Concord is a disgrace.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

I got a brand new Wrangler 2009. Two days after my happiness the rain started and I got water all over me from the roof and the doors. I was in a big pool. I went to the dealer and they told me that's a normal issue in jeep. I insisted in my unhappiness and they changed the door's seal in the most nasty way that I told the manager to stop the mechanic from vandalizing my property.

A month later the motor didn't start. I went back full of water again and they kept the jeep for a whole day to tell me they can't duplicate the problem and after many visits and going to different dealers I got the same answer: problem never fixed and by the opinion of the same mechanics I got a lemon. After my long agony I talked with a few lawyers and unfortunately I was two weeks late to qualify, the fact that made Chrysler very happy to tell me, "Good luck," hanging up on me, and of course more problems were on the road (one quarter of oil extra every 700 miles, transmission stick disconnected multiple times, front suspension vibration for defective tires, door lock problems all the time, alarm system doesn't work). These malfunctions were never fixed. In conclusion I never recommend jeep. These are a real POS products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Wrangler?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2015

I bought my 2013 Jeep Wrangler with 17,000 miles 2 years ago and since then the ABS sensor on the tires have locked up twice without any warning. I had one of the sensors replaced Sept 2014 and now exactly 1 years later I was driving on I-75 outside of Atlanta on Friday afternoon when my brakes completely locked up without any warning. Thank goodness it did not cause an accident, but there is SERIOUSLY SOMETHING WRONG WITH A VEHICLE THAT THE BRAKES WILL LOCK UP ON THE INTERSTATE WITHOUT ANY WARNING OR OTHER MECHANICAL PROBLEMS. After finally making it back from Atlanta I was able to drop the car off at the dealership and they want to charge me $230. Ridiculous! The last bonus to owning a Jeep is each tire has a sensor so if I continue to drive this junk I have 2 more tires that can lock up without ANY warning.

Original review: July 20, 2015

So I bought a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Overland in Rock Lobster Red, here's my list of fun: On the after sales sheets I found the model to actually be the 2013.. 1 month later Roof started leaking on the passenger side. 2 months after having the car, mechanical issues started, engine light came on. These malfunction codes came up on the dash: P0006, P0016, P0300, P000D, P0018.

Took the Jeep in 3 times over a month period, each time Jeep service said the car is fixed. I get it back, drive out the driveway and the light returns! Jeep service didn't give us any reports/receipts for these trips so I requested them all, they ended up giving me the entire history of reports on every time it went to the workshop, starting 1 month before I bought it. That's when I found out the oil pressure switch had been recalled. The salesman of course failed to mention this.. Jeep service along with Jeep Australia refused to fix the car under warranty, stating I had taken the Jeep Wrangler offroading and water had 'draw into' the engine. The service manager relentlessly accused me of submerging 'the entire car,' I told them from the start that I had done some beginner offroading but not gone in anything deeper than a 10cm puddle on an unsealed road!

Roof still not fixed, I find out from an independent mechanic that the leaky roof is a factory fault that cannot be fixed, all that can be done is give me a replacement. I ask Jeep service why the roof isn't fixed, they said I didn't tell them to inspect it this time, but I sure as sugar did, and have 2 witnesses. Jeep service said the only thing that can be done is replace the engine at a cost of $30,000.00 to me. I told them if I had submerged the engine give me proof, they show me pathetic photos of muddy water splashed on the exterior of the engine.

I ask them to give me actual evidence of 'water entering the engine,' they said they won't dismantle the engine until I agree to pay for the job as a retail dismantle, costing $1500, to be payable if they find the problem not to be a factory fault. By this point I am completely frustrated and have no faith in their work. I get the Jeep towed to an independent mechanic, who (after having the jeep for 1 morning) tells me the problem is the oil pressure not being sufficient enough to keep tension on the timing chain.. Also that there is no way there is water in the engine, as it starts and runs fine.

Jeep Australia, the dealer and the service centre received calls from my mechanic, he received slanderous comments against me, saying I was rude and nasty, and that I wanted to get rid of the Jeep from the inception. Also that they had shown me a sample of water in the oil, which they most certainly did NOT! By the time the Jeep had its engine troubles I had already spent $10,000.00 on upgrades. I absolutely love that Jeep and have never asked for a refund.

Looking through at the reports I received from Jeep service, the second time I brought the jeep in they had changed the oil pump and performed an engine flush. This seemed to clear the engine codes but caused a new one! P06DD - engine oil pressure stuck low, so this whole time they have been trying to cover their **, and trying to get me to pay for a malfunction THEY'VE caused! Don't get me wrong - I loved that jeep, and it performed very well, but as soon as Jeep service got their incompetent hands on it, and Jeep Australia got involved, the car was ruined. I'm sorry I bought a jeep.

Original review: July 11, 2015

I bought my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited in 04/2015, paid $30000 for it. The material quality of the floor liners are horrible. I need something better for the money I paid for. Took the liners off. I asked for help but nobody responded. I will not settle for less. I am planning on selling the vehicle because it is absolutely not worth the money I paid for. Poor customer service, piece of crap vehicle, already started rusting and some missing paint job underneath the car.

Original review: April 14, 2015

I live in the Rocky Mountains and I bought two jeeps from Christopher Dodge world in Golden Colorado. I finally traded in my 2008 Jeep because it started having issues with only 52,000 miles on it. I decided to upgrade to a jeep Rubicon wrangler. It has 13,000 miles on it...the engine light just continues to keep on going on. Even though I have a five year warranty on this Rubicon I continuously have to take it back to the dealership and for some reason the professional technicians can't even figure it out.

There's got to be a law about this. I will never buy a jeep again from this dealership or Jeep. They are overrated and for being such a rugged truck jeep claims maybe they should go back to the drawing board, get their engineers to look at their mistakes, and fix them. I should've stayed European. I went American because I wanted it to be made in the US. I wonder why people go to the European to buy their cars BMW Porsche... I should've stayed with European cars!

Original review: March 19, 2015

The engine failed in my 2011 Jeep Wrangler. It has a 5 year 100k mile Drivetrain warranty. They would not honor the warranty as the first thing they did was drain the oil out of it and they found that it only had 1 quart of oil in it, so they said the warranty was void due to customer neglect. I provided documentation that I properly changed its oil during its 50,000 mile history and also provided documentation that the fluids were checked 4 weeks and 800 miles prior to its failure. There was no oil on my driveway and it is parked in the same spot every night. They also indicated that there were no signs of any leaks on the engine. I also should add that the oil light never came on until 5 minutes before the engine quit.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2015

I bought a new 2 door RHD 2006 jeep wrangler. The electronics started going bad at 3000 miles. All the icons went on in the dash. When I turned off the jeep it wouldn't restart. I had to have it towed several times for this problem. This happened over and over again until I traded it. Here are a list of excuses they gave me each time I took it in for the exact same problem that was never resolved!!! We need to order a new computer, yours is faulty. Remove the seat cover, it creates static when you slid into the seat, then shorts out the the computer when you touch the key to turn on the jeep.

We need to replace the computer a second time. When your car won't start, disconnect the battery from the cables, then reconnect them, and it should start. We need to replace the computer a 3rd time. Don't use the cigarette lighter in your jeep to charge your phone, we think it's causing the computer to short out. We think you have a lemon trade it in. Sooooooo that's what I did. I traded it in with only 15000 miles.

We bought a New 2009 4 door RHD Jeep Wrangler. This jeep started having the exact same problems with the electronics as the 06. In and out of the shop for repairs that never seemed to work. I was forced to traded this one in on a 2012 Wrangler because they told me it had a new engine that would have better gas millage. I told them I didn't care about the mileage, I WANTED A JEEP I COULD COUNT ON TO RUN PROPERLY FOR MORE THAN ON YEAR!!! I need to know if the jeep engineers got the electronics fixed. They said they had.

So I now own a 3rd jeep, a 2012 Wrangler. # in 6 years. They don't last even 2 years. I had a few minor issues with this 2012 jeep in the beginning, then at 45000 all hell seems to have broken loose. Head gaskets needed replaced, cylinder head needed replaced, cruise control went out and took 3 tries to fix. The oil switch went out the day after the cylinder head was replaced.

FYI: All these problems happened in less than 6 weeks. The oil switch in all of these jeeps are faulty and fail according to the person I bought the switch from. He said they keep 25 in stock at all times because jeep owners are always needing them. WHY ISN'T THERE A RECALL ON THIS PART??? All this has happened in less than 6 weeks. I see the writing on the wall. 3 lemons in a row. If I could find another company who makes RHD SUV's, {I need a Right hand drive for my job} I would trade it in today and NEVER BUY ANOTHER JEEP VEHICLE IN MY LIFE.

I don't blame the mechanics for the problems with these vehicles. Jeep makes a very poor product right from the factory and the mechanics are stuck dealing with the fall out from angry customers. I want to tell everyone who reads this to avoid buying jeeps. They are a very poorly made vehicle and are now ranked at the bottom in customer satisfaction. Your money would be better spent and any other car or truck made any where in the world. DON"T BUY JEEPS! I don't think these vehicles deserve even 1 star, so I'm giving it "0" stars

Original review: Jan. 22, 2015

I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler. In one year of ownership there has been 2 recalls. I have had to have belts and water pump replaced. Now my wheel fender has come lose and Jeep refuses to fix it. I have 22k miles on it and unfortunately haven't even been off road yet! Bumper to bumper is just an expression. When a company doesn't stand behind their product, you lose confidence in it. This is my 4th Wrangler but sadly my LAST.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2015

I purchased a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited in September of 2014. I purchased it at Cherry Hill Jeep, NJ. Upon Pa inspection, 4 days later, I was informed the driver door seemed to have a closing issue. I returned to Cherry Hill Jeep at scheduled service time, waited patiently while the Jeep was serviced and when complete, there was no difference in the door closing. The Service Manager walked the lot with me checking other Jeep doors for comparison. Then - wait for it - says to me "We'll, it is a Jeep. If you really need it fixed I guess we can re-drill the hinges." I left the Dealer in my 42K New Jeep with a door that doesn't close.

Two weeks with customer service who refers me to Catlin Jeep in Jenkintown Pa. Nice dealer great service. They would love to help me but the door hinges are stripped and need to be ordered in. Another service appointment a week later and the door, no difference. Again, the Service manager states that he is not sure what the problem is and if I can't live with it, maybe we can change the weather stripping. I'm starting to think I should have gotten the Land Rover. Where is the customer service?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2015

2014 jeep wrangler. Rear end was making a noise. The dealership said it would be 3 months before they could see it. I was stranded and it was towed to the dealership. Every excuse was given why they wouldn't fix it. I called jeep just to be told they would back the dealership and not fix it. Now I am stuck with a $40,000 jeep just sitting in my driveway and unable to be driven. Jeep does not care about their customers and I will never buy another Chrysler-jeep-dodge.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

Heater blows hot at 20 degree setting after a 1/2 hour to hour drive. Started blowing cool air, taken to dealer 3 times - 19000 km 2012 Wrangler Unlimited v6. Derrick ** in Edmonton argued nothing wrong. Taken to different dealer. Confirmed heat hotter on one side than the other. Replaced rad cap, rad, heater hoses,oil cooler; removed dash complete replaced heater core, flushed engine. 5 days without transportation. Found casting sand in overflow tank and throughout cooling system - major contamination. Other consumers complained about same problems, one had identical work done. And finally need new engine, one side of the engine hotter than other where temperature sensor is located. Unlimited Jeep listed 43,000 dollars. Tried to trade back to same dealer offers me 23,000?

After almost two years contacted jeep customer service. Their words: your concern is very important to us. But I tried calling with file number but I did not get extension number. After all this I sold it with full warranty, plus gold extended warranty for $1555.00 to full 100,000 km coverage since I did not need full extended gold warranty. I asked for a refund since I took a financial beating on trading off - my headache. Their words: our customer concern is very important - but! So...my experience with Chrysler jeep - never again! (I owned 2 jeeps wranglers.)

Original review: Nov. 6, 2014

I purchased a brand new 2013 Jeep Wrangler in October 2013. I took it to my property upstate and drove up my mountain on Memorial Day weekend 2013. We did a little bit of 4-wheeling. The clutch broke as we were driving it home and had to leave it there (the car had a little over 6,000 miles on it). They had my car for 3 weeks and they covered the clutch under the warranty. Then, in September 2014, the bearings went. They had my car again for 3 weeks and again covered the repair under the warranty. Now the entire rear end went, including the transmission again and they refused to cover it. I used the car one weekend as an off-road vehicle, which they advertise it for, and they said that I abused the car because there is mud and grass underneath it. The car has 12,000 miles on it.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2014

I have owned 5 Jeep Wranglers and I love them with one major exception-- cracked windshields. In the last year I have had 6 new windshields due to rock chips cracking my windshield. I am only driving on the highway for my daily commute. I am a proactive defensive driver and I avoid rock trucks and driving in the right lane (because of rock gravel on the side of the road). I just bought a new Wrangler last Sat and ALREADY I have a rock chip (not even a week old). And I am waiting to see if it will spread to a crack today.

I am completely fed up with this issue. Jeep needs to address it and either reduce the angel of the windshields or develop a more durable, crack resistant windshield. When I lived back east I never had trouble with cracks-- lots of chips but no cracks. I have to get a new windshields about every 2-3 months now-- it's completely unacceptable! I have full glass coverage but now because of how frequent it is I get hassled by my insurance company and they insist on inspecting my crack before fixing it. I have to take off work or waste an evening at home waiting for them to show up to fix my windshield.

This is a defect in my book. Any other part that broke this often from NORMAL use would be a defect. We need bulletproof glass windshields in AZ, I am serious. The insurance company has paid for 6 windshields this year and I am betting today when I leave work I will have a new crack so it will be 7 windshields. The cost of a bulletproof windshield would be cheaper in the long run. Look, I love Jeep Wranglers and as I said I have owned 5 but this windshield thing is making me want to buy something else next time.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2014

I bought a 08 wrangler for my son. It has 64,000 miles on it and it has been well taken care of. The horn and wipers would go off at random. So, I took it to dealer and the tipm is bad, a very expensive part. After doing some research I have found out this part has went out on a lot of 08 wranglers, and it is a safety issue and I do not understand why there has not been a recall. What if you're on a busy interstate and your wipers and horn go off when you're doing 70 mph? I thought I bought a safe dependable car for my 16 year old son.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2014

I custom ordered, and purchased a brand new 2013 Jeep Wrangler, in October of 2013. I had almost every option installed, as it was going to be my only vehicle, and I expected to keep it for many years. After the first winter, in New England, I noticed there were tiny rust colored dots, on the white painted surfaces of the Wrangler. Everywhere on the sides, including in the doorjambs and around the rear of the vehicle. The only areas not showing signs of the issue was the upper portions of the front fenders, and the hood. I returned to the dealer in the spring, and was told it was "rail-dust". They kept the vehicle for several days, and washed it, used clay-bar on it, and even had to repaint one of the doors, due to the damage caused during the process. Once done, the Jeep looked new again.

The following winter came and went, and along with spring, the small orange rust spots were back in full force. The dealer had me bring it back in again, and took photos, and indicated they had never seen anything like it. They requested that I take it over to the auto body for review. Prior to heading over there, I showed the same spots, on another Jeep, in the service parking lot, to my service rep. Off to the auto body they sent it, to be reviewed by the auto body manager. He too had no reason for the spots. .

After waiting for many weeks, I finally had to reach out to them, to find out what the story was, and how they would fix the issue. I was met with the response that Chrysler is declining to fix it, based on the fact it is not a defect. I am not sure anyone wants to drive a $44,000.00 White Wrangler, with hundreds or thousands of rust spots on it. Nor should anybody be expected to believe it is not a defect in some way, shape, or form, in regards to the product itself.

I called Chrysler and was greeted with similar response from the customer service folks there. Except they claimed the Dealer is the one declining the repairs, and responsibility. It became a finger pointing exercise, between the two groups, both telling me that I am out of luck, and they will do nothing more to resolve the issue. I will add the Case manager at Chrysler, along with the others at Chrysler are well trained, to happily thank you for being a member of the Jeep family. But, we won't fix your issue.

All requests for contact information for the regional manager were declined, as well as the request for a copy of the recorded conversations; where the Case's manager told me that she is only the messenger, and not an expert, at the start of the call. Only to follow up comments later on in the call, telling me how it can't be from the front brake pads, as there would be other symptoms. It seems that one can indeed be an expert, when trying to convince someone of the reasons why they won't fix a problem. She sure was a happy Jeep family member though, and happily thanked me for being one too. After many calls, to different departments, as well as emails and website submissions, I have got nowhere. Now I am stuck with a very expensive option of having the vehicle treated every year, at my expense, in order to not have these rust spots on my paint.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2014

I have a 2009 Jeep Wrangler. I purchased it brand new in July of 2009. I trailered it to AZ when I moved there and it has less than 50,000 miles on it. I moved back to Florida and trailered it back. It has sat for a few months, got it registered and on the road, checked all fluids. The second day I was driving it, I was turning a corner going about 10 miles an hour and it locked up (it was still running), but it came to a stop on a dime. Would not move, not forward, not backward, had it flat bedded towed to the dealer where it has been for 4 days. They tell me, had I been going any amount of speed, I might not be here as the Transmission Locked up. They are ordering me a new one. About 3 years ago, a cable broke on the transmission and it stopped, but it still rolled. This scared me so bad because it came to a tire squealing halt. I'm scared to death to drive it now. I do want contact jeep but who do I contact. It is a 2009 Jeep Wrangler. Please any help you could give me would greatly help. It is an automatic transmission. Thank you so much.

Original review: July 6, 2014

A warning light on the dash suddenly appears with a red lightning bolt, the jeep loses power, and continues to do so until you stop, shut off the engine and the light goes out. This can happen anytime when passing a car or just cruising at 65 miles an hour on the highway. It is a very frustrating and is a dangerous problem and has happen also to other jeep wrangler owners. It happens to my wife when she drives and also to me. It happened probably five times driving back from Branson Mo, on July 6, 2014. This is a 2009 Jeep wrangler unlimited, this problem is noted in the driving manual. It also states you have to stop the car and restart the engine. Why don't they just fix the problem.

Original review: June 17, 2014

I own a 2007 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. I've had a problem with my Jeep since I bought it new. While driving, a light on the dash lights up and rings. Immediately, I lose power and the power will not come back until I've restarted the car. This can happen anywhere at anytime, though I've noted that it happens far more in the summer than the winter. Of course, I don't know if that means anything, but I can go months through the winter without it happening. It happens several times a day in the summertime. I initially took it to the dealership and was told that since it wasn't showing the light and having the problem at that time, they couldn't do anything about it.

The next time it happened, I drove it all the way to the dealership and showed them the light and let them drive it while it was on. They kept my Jeep for a couple of days and then came back to tell me that I was having this problem because I put my foot on the brake and the gas at the same time. Odd. I never do that yet it happens multiple times a day. Even odder, it happens to everyone that's ever driven my car. We're all just a bunch of idiots putting our foot on the brake and gas at the same time. I've given up. I now drive in anticipation of the light/power loss and sometimes I'll turn the car off, then back on only to have it happen 2 minutes later. For those of you that are having this same problem, it only gets worse.

Original review: May 13, 2014

I have 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport. Uses 1 qt oil every 1500 miles. No leaks.

Original review: March 4, 2014

I had a crack on windshield and that just showed up when the cold weather started. But I stood my ground and I did get my windshield changed on warranty. But what my complaint is the driver’s vent for defrost does not put out air to keep windshield clean, but the passengers side works great. I took my Jeep 2013 Wrangler to get it checked out and I was told it is working great. The heat doesn't keep people in the back seat warm at all. There is not heat vent on the floor to keep feet warm. That part worries me the most too as I take my granddaughter and I have to keep her in the front seat just for the heat.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2014

I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler. When the first cold day we had came I turned the defrost on and the windshield cracked right where the heat comes out from the dash. My Jeep had 900 miles on it. I call Jeep HQ and was told to take it to a dealer. I went to two and one took pictures. They said it was from a rock. I told them that I watched and heard it crack and there is no impact mark at all anywhere but they dismissed me. Very unhappy and don't think I will buy a Chrysler/Jeep car again. It looks to me like I am not alone in this matter just by looking on the internet.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2014

I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler. August of 2013, it started then died in the driveway. It was towed to a Jeep dealer where the computer was replaced. Now it's February of 2014 and I'm on my 3rd computer for it. Still doesn't run right and the dealer won't warranty the part because it's not the computer, it's the Jeep, they tell me. How many times will I have to return it until they figure out their problem?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2014

I own a 6-speed manual transmission 2011 Jeep Wrangler. I have been a loyal Jeep owner for more than 20 years. On the morning of Sunday, January 19, 2014 (MLK Day Weekend), my car wouldn't start. It made the sound that my car makes if the clutch is not engaged or when I try to start the car with my spare that doesn't have a security chip installed. My tank was full. I first called Jeep's 1-800 service number that was located in my owner's manual to see if someone could help me troubleshoot the problem. I was told that they couldn't do anything.

I have AAA, so I called and the service sent someone to jump my car. My battery was a little low, but after the service man jumped the car, it still wouldn't start. I am a community leader and had several important events to attend that day as well as on Monday. I ended up spending almost $40 to get to church and then bummed a ride home. My sister brought over my spare key, because I thought the security chip in my key might have gotten demagnetized some way. As it turns out, the spare key didn't work either.

I had an hour before my next event and I needed to get groceries. The person who gave me a ride home also took me to the grocery store. I spent the rest of the day, bumming rides to each of my events. The next day (MLK Day), I was supposed to be at work hosting three volunteer projects at my nonprofit organization. Instead, I had my car towed to the dealership where they had to run a diagnostic check to find the problem with my car. As it turns out, all that was needed was a software update. However, the service department also found two additional issues with my car. But, because I had to pay for the diagnostic, I was not able to afford the other more serious issues with my car which were brake and battery-related.

I understand that the dealership had to charge me for the diagnostic because they did not know until they ran it what was wrong with my car. I'm upset that Jeep did not send me a notice to let me know that this could happen. I feel that Jeep owes me a reimbursement or a credit for the diagnostic check. When I called Customer Service, the rep and her supervisor, both stated that Jeep would not compensate me for either my inconvenience or their lack of notification even though I have been a loyal Jeep owner since 1991. I think this is wrong and anything that can be done to help me, I want done. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2013

2014 Jeep Wrangler, bought on August 29, 2013 from Larry Miller Jeep in Tucson, AZ. Incident occurred on Sunday, October 13 at noon. I was on our driveway, approaching our house and had pressed the garage door opener. I was moving slowly forward into the garage, and about 4 feet from the opening of the garage, the jeep suddenly lurched forward and made a loud revving noise as it accelerated into the garage. I stomped my foot on the brakes, but it still slammed into the garage wall. There are brake skid marks all along the garage floor.

I was completely shocked by what had happened, and thought that the best thing to do would be to back off the wall a little, park the car and go into the house to phone for help. I put the jeep into reverse, and it again revved suddenly and shot backwards at a high rate of speed. It shot back about 30 feet, running down a rocky embankment in front of our house, taking out two mesquite trees, and slamming into a concrete structure holding our mailbox.

The mailbox structure was shattered, and in the house, the wall that was hit was knocked inward. Pictures and lamps inside the house were knocked over. I sustained chest injuries and whiplash. My doctor was surprised that the airbag had not deployed.

Original review: July 11, 2013

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport - Death wobble, ignition switch actuator pin, loose wiper/light switch (pulled fog light fuse), no reverse... Hmm, what else can I think of that this Jeep has had issues with? Anyway if you read jeepforums.com, then you'd be very familiar with all the issues with Jeep. Just search the internet and there are many, many known issues... some continuous... Don't "fix" what's not broken.

Original review: June 22, 2013

My son, a veteran of Operations Enduring Freedom, recently purchased a new 2013 Jeep Wrangler - a beautiful vehicle. He had it for around two months. Yesterday, it stopped running. He had it towed to a local dealer. Mind you, it still has the original warranty and my son purchased the lifetime warranty. The dealer claims that the clutch was abused and that the warranties are not applicable. My son did not abuse his Jeep, and for the record, this is his second Jeep. The previous one NEVER had a clutch issue. I called the dealer where my son purchased the Jeep. They informed me that they have had several 2013 Jeeps where the clutch failed and were replaced, without hesitation, with Chrysler's blessings. Are there issues with the 2013 clutches? Can anyone help my son?

Jeep Wrangler Company Information