2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Jaguar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jaguar?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jaguar?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

Not just the worst car company I’ve dealt with, the worst company period. The warranty on my F-type is 50,000 miles or 60 months. The engine failed after 19,300 miles and 33 months of ownership. I am the original owner. Even though I had taken it to the same Jaguar dealer I purchased it from for the scheduled maintenance both times it was necessary, Jaguar denied my warranty claim citing lack of maintenance. They claimed people who buy F-types typically drive short distances so I should have changed the oil more frequently than the manual requires. I have a 20 mile one way commute so I don’t drive it short distances. Even the dealer couldn’t believe Jaguar’s refusal to replace the engine. In addition to $35,000 for a new engine they wanted me to pay another $7,000 if I wanted them to dismantle the engine to determine what part had failed. That money would be non refundable.

I found a great mechanic who installed a used engine to get the car running again. I then hired an attorney and took legal action against Jaguar/Land Rover for breach of warranty. It took 9 months but I won the case and Jaguar was ordered to reimburse me for the engine replacement. They had 30 days to pay. After 70 days they still had not paid or answered emails. Only when my attorney threatened to take them to court and seek additional damages did they finally pay up. If you don’t want to receive this type of treatment after you’ve paid $75,000 for a car, then stay away from Jaguar/Land Rover.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I had an existing XF that I was very pleased with and didn't expect to change, save for some bargains around in the current stressed climate. Mine was a diesel and I knew I needed a petrol some time. I investigated used XF petrol and was looking when Jaguar Cardiff suggested I could have a pre-reg XF for £5k more. Needless to say I was interested! It's a portfolio 2.0 250hp Petrol. It has BAGS of power (my brother's 3.0 petrol is OTT powerful and exp to run) and I am totally DELIGHTED.

The tech has taken a HUGE boost from 2012 to 2020 and now is just quick, easy and intuitive (it was fine previously). Comfort is also far better, especially rear comfort and space. My previous car was used so bums had touched the leather before mine! Ride is responsive but not Audi hard. Overall I am blown away by HOW MUCH BETTER the 2020 car is than the 2012 (which I already liked a lot!). It's so much worth going for the new motor. THANK YOU Jaguar for an amazing product!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I have a 2018 f-pace diesel purchased in 2019. Not a day goes by that I don't break out into a smile while driving it. Yes, fit and finish could be not high end, after all it is a Jaguar, but all cars nowadays are built with compromises. My wife had a 2018 Jeep Wrangler, and if you want to see horrifying build quality buy one. How a big v6 can be so gutless is unexplainable. Back to the F-Pace, 2 liter diesel weighing only 300lbs... Takes you to 80mph very quickly and had returned up to 40mpg. This is the best looking SUV on the market, and the lay flat rear seats make cargo space INCREDIBLE, it fit a 65" tv no problem. So far I'm loving it... Knock on wood... NO ISSUES! I would recommend this car to anyone, service so far has been great.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I brought my brand new Jaguar Ipace EV in for service six weeks after taking delivery of the car because the battery would not charge. I had to leave the car at the dealership for a total of 31 days while parts were ordered from the UK. This would not have been a problem had the dealer provided me with a courtesy car for this extended period period of time. However, despite the fact that the service department itself treated me very well, I was forced to rent a car at my own expense for the full 31 days. Definitely not something I would have expected from a high-end luxury car company. The reason given to me was the COVID-19 pandemic - an unsatisfactory explanation given that car rental companies remain in business during the pandemic.

Original review: March 3, 2020

Shockingly bad customer service from Jaguar. They create a hidden policy that will charge the customer if he misses a mileage interval for service. No email notifications. No automated notifications on the car. No notifications on prior service. When I objected to the "gotcha" nature of this money grab, the local dealer said it was a Jaguar USA policy. A week later, I get a call from a phone bank operator reading off a script...I sold my car. Jaguar is not worthy of my business. This policy is designed to catch the customer napping. The response to my outrage was a game of hot potato. Nobody accepting responsibility for an egregious policy? Goodbye Jaguar. Other businesses understand customer service and customer retention. Clearly, Jaguar does not.

Original review: March 1, 2020

The service provided was phenomenal and staff members were extremely friendly. The F Pace is an exceptional ride that I could drive with great ease and comfort, which has a great grip and assistance control for safety along with many other benefactors. My first time purchasing a Jaguar and overall it was a remarkable experience.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I leased my F-Pace last March from The Collection in the Gables, Miami. A few months later I started to experience electrical issues. First, the push button start didn’t always work, then key stop communicating with the car, the back up camera doesn’t always work, the back hatch doesn’t always open properly, my door has an annoying squeak (but that was something done at the dealer) the overhead lighting console started to fall out and wouldn’t work my nighttime interior lighting, very unsafe for a women to get into a dark car with 2 kids alone.

My car was at The Collection service department for a total of 33 days, still not fixed because they claim they can’t duplicate the issues but have spent time and money trying to fix them. JLR/Jaguar Corporate issued need a check from my dealer for the 33 days I didn’t have my car as a compensation. I absolutely love the way my Jag drives and looks, minus the electrical issues that don’t make me feel very safe. I’m a stepmom of 2 kids that I drive to/from school, sporting events, and basically anywhere they need to go and unfortunately I can’t depend/rely on my F-Pace. JLR has refused to do anything more along with the retailer. 61k for a car that doesn’t do what it promises. I was 2x Cadillac customer who took a chance on Jaguar and I am disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I purchased car used. Have had a few problems which have been repaired. The repairs were less than my Kia which I had purchased new. It rides like a dream and get a lot of compliments on the looks and color. I feel very safe driving it and is the perfect car for a 74 year old widow with a small income. When I drive my car it is the greatest driving experience.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

If there are any problems JLR fixes. I have the 3.0 supercharge and this engine is top notch! There is no room in the backseat but the frontseats are very comfortable. The ride is smooth and fast. After driving only Toyota’s for the last 25 years this was a big leap for me but I have no regrets.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I wasn’t sure if this car would be the best fit for my needs. Once I drove it and saw that the price was very reasonable and a lot less for a used car on their lot, than the car I originally had I was sold! I loved the beauty and luxurious look, I immediately knew this was the car for me. It’s excellent on gas in town and on the highway. I get a lot of compliments on the look and color! Best decision we made in get this car! LOVE IT!!

Jaguar Company Information