2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.05/5

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Jaguar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jaguar?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jaguar?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I had an existing XF that I was very pleased with and didn't expect to change, save for some bargains around in the current stressed climate. Mine was a diesel and I knew I needed a petrol some time. I investigated used XF petrol and was looking when Jaguar Cardiff suggested I could have a pre-reg XF for £5k more. Needless to say I was interested! It's a portfolio 2.0 250hp Petrol. It has BAGS of power (my brother's 3.0 petrol is OTT powerful and exp to run) and I am totally DELIGHTED.

The tech has taken a HUGE boost from 2012 to 2020 and now is just quick, easy and intuitive (it was fine previously). Comfort is also far better, especially rear comfort and space. My previous car was used so bums had touched the leather before mine! Ride is responsive but not Audi hard. Overall I am blown away by HOW MUCH BETTER the 2020 car is than the 2012 (which I already liked a lot!). It's so much worth going for the new motor. THANK YOU Jaguar for an amazing product!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I have a 2018 f-pace diesel purchased in 2019. Not a day goes by that I don't break out into a smile while driving it. Yes, fit and finish could be not high end, after all it is a Jaguar, but all cars nowadays are built with compromises. My wife had a 2018 Jeep Wrangler, and if you want to see horrifying build quality buy one. How a big v6 can be so gutless is unexplainable. Back to the F-Pace, 2 liter diesel weighing only 300lbs... Takes you to 80mph very quickly and had returned up to 40mpg. This is the best looking SUV on the market, and the lay flat rear seats make cargo space INCREDIBLE, it fit a 65" tv no problem. So far I'm loving it... Knock on wood... NO ISSUES! I would recommend this car to anyone, service so far has been great.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 1, 2020

The service provided was phenomenal and staff members were extremely friendly. The F Pace is an exceptional ride that I could drive with great ease and comfort, which has a great grip and assistance control for safety along with many other benefactors. My first time purchasing a Jaguar and overall it was a remarkable experience.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I’m am writing to you regarding my 2003 Jaquar S type, which has now been at your location for over 1 year awaiting repairs, which are based on the recommendations of your service representatives and your service technicians. The VIN number of the vehicle is **. 4 door sedan, 2003 S Type. 97000 kms. I purchased this vehicle in late July 2018. The following has occurred since this purchase: I drove the vehicle to get fuel in late July and wash it, I fuelled up and the vehicle would not start. I had to pay for a tow truck to have it towed to your Jaguar dealer to be diagnosed. $125. The vehicle was said to require a fuel pump, reluctantly I said yes to the $1800.00 repair.

I picked the vehicle up and the same day the vehicle did the same thing. Check engine light came back on after it was run and attempted to re start it. It would not start after running for 15 mins. In an hour the vehicle started and ran without issue, but as soon as you shut it off it would not start for about an hour or more. (So obviously the original problem was not diagnosed correctly and a perfectly good fuel pump was replaced by your technicians.)

I took the vehicle to a different auto shop to be inspected and diagnosed again because I could not use it and it was unreliable, this was mid August because I required a provincial inspection. An inspection was performed and various items including, valve cover gaskets, belts, battery, etc. Total $1400.00. I pick the car up on the morning of August 25th. The check engine light was still on and the car still did not start after running for 20 mins without a minimum one hour cool down period, the shop could not get the car back in that day so it went back in on August 28th, 2019.

The following items were diagnosed upon its return to the shop:
    Engine Fault codes:
    Remove and replace crankshaft sensor.
    Remove and replace crankshaft angle sensor.
    Remove and replace Fuel Pressure Sensor Regulator (This should have been checked and done before replacing the fuel pump, that actually was probably not broken and was replaced).
    Replace Oil pan Gasket.
    Remove and replace Crackshaft Rear Oil seal.

All Completed and repaired $1308.00.

On Sept 7th, the vehicle was completed and pick up by my wife as I was out of town. On Sept 20th upon my return I returned the vehicle to the shop as the situation with the vehicle running and not restarting was still persistent. Upon further examination and diagnosis it was discovered that there was a potential failure in the ECM which had caused damage to the fuel injectors, Fuel injectors Replaced.

Upon reassembly the ECM was tested to see if it would reset and run the car accordingly. It did not. A used ECM was found, it was tested and functioned properly and installed, however it could not be re keyed to function the vehicle properly. This is now January of 2020. The Jaguar dealer was contacted and the vehicle towed to that location to be reprogrammed with factory information. Your service representatives contacted me stating that it could not be reprogrammed and a new ecm was recommended. $2545.00 --- Sub Total .. $7178.00 I agreed that as long as the new ecm would repair the problem to go ahead and replace it.

Jan 2020 to Present. Jaguar Dealer .. Attempts were made to briefly reprogram the key with the used ECM, this failed. It was recommended that a new ECM would be needed and this would resolve the issue with the Car. Correcting the problem with the vehicle not starting after running. The ECM was ordered and installed, now the vehicle would not engage in reverse, so once again a technician who likes to pull and replace parts that aren’t broke.. rather than a mechanic who tries to repair problems decides to reprogram the computer with the assistance of tech support in England. However, now the vehicle would not even start when cold, once again tech support in England had to be contacted to reprogram the SO CALLED PERFECT BRAND NEW ECM, at this time the vehicle was not even functioning as well as when it was towed there from the other shop.

Thru all of this the vehicle has maintained the original FACTORY BUILD problem. It will now run but it does not start after running for more than 15 mins. Your Jaguar dealership in conjunction with Tech support in England, feel that the computer chip that controls the dash instrument panels and function needs to be replaced. (another guess I’m sure) because no one can figure out this FACTORY DEFECTIVE VEHICLE. The dashboard instrument panel is no longer made and cannot be replaced is my understanding from the dealer. Although there are many used ones available online. Nor has anyone thought to repair the recalled electronic emergency brake system, which could be part of the problem, but whatever.

I have come to the conclusion that this car with 97000 kms was parked in some garage for years because the people that owned it could not afford to attempt to fix the INFAMOUS ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS with JAGUAR. I am tired of waiting for a car that cannot be fixed and will not be fixed on my dollar any further. So I give your company the opportunity to do the following:
    1. Repair the car and return it at your cost.
    2. Or remove the parts I paid for and replace them with the one that have been removed. Since I asked for the parts that be removed be returned to me. They should still be there
    3. Supply a used vehicle to me worth that same approximate amount that I have incurred at no cost. $15000.00.

4. Allow me to come and get my car, at no cost and I will find a real mechanic to repair it.

It is unreasonable that this car, with this mileage is anything but a factory lemon. Its issues are ongoing and it is ridiculous that such garbage should be sold as a luxury vehicle or under any other designation. I do not feel I should have to be out of pocket for a factory defective car. So your company can make the RIGHT choices here or I can proceed as needed.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I own a brand new Jaguar I-Pace, less than 5,000 miles. This morning, for the second time, go to drive the car and have a "battery default detected", rendering the car undriveable. Jaguar isn't much help, other than to tow the car in. Most unreliable car I've ever driven. Drove a Tesla model S for three years before purchasing this car and never had it in for service even once!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

Not just the worst car company I’ve dealt with, the worst company period. The warranty on my F-type is 50,000 miles or 60 months. The engine failed after 19,300 miles and 33 months of ownership. I am the original owner. Even though I had taken it to the same Jaguar dealer I purchased it from for the scheduled maintenance both times it was necessary, Jaguar denied my warranty claim citing lack of maintenance. They claimed people who buy F-types typically drive short distances so I should have changed the oil more frequently than the manual requires. I have a 20 mile one way commute so I don’t drive it short distances. Even the dealer couldn’t believe Jaguar’s refusal to replace the engine. In addition to $35,000 for a new engine they wanted me to pay another $7,000 if I wanted them to dismantle the engine to determine what part had failed. That money would be non refundable.

I found a great mechanic who installed a used engine to get the car running again. I then hired an attorney and took legal action against Jaguar/Land Rover for breach of warranty. It took 9 months but I won the case and Jaguar was ordered to reimburse me for the engine replacement. They had 30 days to pay. After 70 days they still had not paid or answered emails. Only when my attorney threatened to take them to court and seek additional damages did they finally pay up. If you don’t want to receive this type of treatment after you’ve paid $75,000 for a car, then stay away from Jaguar/Land Rover.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I brought my brand new Jaguar Ipace EV in for service six weeks after taking delivery of the car because the battery would not charge. I had to leave the car at the dealership for a total of 31 days while parts were ordered from the UK. This would not have been a problem had the dealer provided me with a courtesy car for this extended period period of time. However, despite the fact that the service department itself treated me very well, I was forced to rent a car at my own expense for the full 31 days. Definitely not something I would have expected from a high-end luxury car company. The reason given to me was the COVID-19 pandemic - an unsatisfactory explanation given that car rental companies remain in business during the pandemic.

Original review: March 3, 2020

Shockingly bad customer service from Jaguar. They create a hidden policy that will charge the customer if he misses a mileage interval for service. No email notifications. No automated notifications on the car. No notifications on prior service. When I objected to the "gotcha" nature of this money grab, the local dealer said it was a Jaguar USA policy. A week later, I get a call from a phone bank operator reading off a script...I sold my car. Jaguar is not worthy of my business. This policy is designed to catch the customer napping. The response to my outrage was a game of hot potato. Nobody accepting responsibility for an egregious policy? Goodbye Jaguar. Other businesses understand customer service and customer retention. Clearly, Jaguar does not.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I leased my F-Pace last March from The Collection in the Gables, Miami. A few months later I started to experience electrical issues. First, the push button start didn’t always work, then key stop communicating with the car, the back up camera doesn’t always work, the back hatch doesn’t always open properly, my door has an annoying squeak (but that was something done at the dealer) the overhead lighting console started to fall out and wouldn’t work my nighttime interior lighting, very unsafe for a women to get into a dark car with 2 kids alone.

My car was at The Collection service department for a total of 33 days, still not fixed because they claim they can’t duplicate the issues but have spent time and money trying to fix them. JLR/Jaguar Corporate issued need a check from my dealer for the 33 days I didn’t have my car as a compensation. I absolutely love the way my Jag drives and looks, minus the electrical issues that don’t make me feel very safe. I’m a stepmom of 2 kids that I drive to/from school, sporting events, and basically anywhere they need to go and unfortunately I can’t depend/rely on my F-Pace. JLR has refused to do anything more along with the retailer. 61k for a car that doesn’t do what it promises. I was 2x Cadillac customer who took a chance on Jaguar and I am disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Purchased my f-pace in January this year (2019) and have been experiencing ongoing (squeaky) braking noise from the rear brakes. I've taken it into the local dealership twice, spent three hours on the first occasion and and full day on the second, despite them re-assuring me that the calipers have been greased and the problem is solved, the noise is still there. Jaguar Complaints had promised to investigate this complaint over a week ago and still no response.

Jaguar Company Information