3.89/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Jaguar

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

204 Jaguar Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

If the CPO warranty is important to your purchase, then proceed carefully. In some Jaguar literature and some third party sites you might conclude, as I did, that the CPO extends the original warranty and is bumper to bumper. This does not appear to be the case as I have sticky interior panels and buttons on my 2015 F type. This is a documented Jaguar issue on various models. Jaguar USA verbally indicates that the CPO warranty is for electrical and mechanical breakdown. I stress verbal as they have so far unequivocally refused to put my denial in writing. Furthermore, it appears that the document which lists covered/excluded items is considered as a "top secret" document by Jaguar USA and some if not all dealers.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I have many issues with this car from the day I bought this vehicle. Not only mine even I have seen the same issues on other's cars too. Even If they repair the car we need to go back to dealer again in 2 months for the same issue.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Most regrettably, I think Jaguar is one of the most beautiful cars on the market. But, it is an utter piece of crap. I have spent more than $50,000 in repairs, including a new super charger and engine after 4.5 years. If you don't care about throwing money down the drain, purchase a Jaguar. Otherwise, RUN!! I wish I could write otherwise, but any car would be better. It is simply not worth the mere design. It is worthless.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I have been very vocal about my dissatisfaction with JLR Corporate. My car has been in service half the time I've had it in my possession. The car has experienced complete electrical and transmission failures four times while either my wife or I were driving it. Corporate again has denied my request to get out of this defective deathtrap of a car. If anyone else has a negative experience with JLR Corporate reach out to me. I'm reaching out to an attorney to get resolution. In the interim, I am going to refuse to pick up the car from the dealership, and will surrender it back to the bank. I'd hoped for a better outcome but to no avail. I hope those of you who have a great experience continue to do so. As for me I'm done with my F-Pace S. It an overpriced piece of garbage.

Original review: April 17, 2019

First off, the car is beautiful. Second when it drives, it delivers a pleasant experience. Lastly, it can't be fixed. I have less than 11,000 miles yet, the oxygen sensor goes out quarterly, the dealerships are understaffed, and I keep going back with the same problem. Friends with the gas model don't have this problem, but they get 14 mpg in the city.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jaguar?

Original review: March 13, 2019

If you're thinking of a Jaguar, forget it. My wife wanted one for years so in 2015 got her one for her birthday. What a horrible experience and like others have written there isn't enough space in this text block to write all out. Did the online sales. Scheduled a test drive - dealership couldn't even find the car at the appointment. Wife had to return the following day. Salesmen jacked the price by ~4K higher than what was agreed to by email. Plus sold my wife an extended warranty. Car was good for about a year - we learned it's very expensive to maintain. Dealership charged us $170 for an oil change. Most Oil change shops will not work on Jaguars. Car broke down. Timing chain cover gasket failure. Oil squirted on the alternator and battery causing both to fail. Car towed Dealership never called us, We called them numerous times.

I called the service desk, service manager and general manager several times each progressively. No one returned my call. Wife had to go to the dealership as I was starting to worry perhaps the car had been stolen. Parts took a week to arrive. Total time in the shop was about two weeks. No loaner. Dealership said no loaner was available - another common complaint. Mechanic's workmanship was a joke. Reinstalled the hood incorrectly causing vibration and bouncing which chipped the paint. Numerous fasteners not reinstalled in the engine compartment.

Over the next 8 months we had these issues; Signal light indicating the trunk (boot) was open. Headlight low beam pointed at the ground directly in front of the vehicle - very dangerous condition. Dealership said the soonest appointment was 30 days out. If we wanted a loaner it was 45 days out. The AC started turning itself off and on. Entire car would turn itself off while stopped. Had to use the started to restart the car. On restart it was more like a reboot - systems all had to be reset including radio station and climate control. Fuel filler tube had a recall the dealership never correct. Eco mode stopped working. Another oil leak at the timing chain cover - another two week repair job. Tire monitoring system erroneously signaling a flat tire. Cigar light was fake, order one from the dealership waited a month.

New one arrived. Opened box - it was another demo fake one. One door handle was a slightly different color than the rest of car. Logged a complaint with Jaguar HQ customer service - they're a joke. I called the number they provided at least a dozen times over the course of two weeks leaving my case number, name and return phone number. NEVER spoke to anyone. Filed a complaint with Jaguar parent company TaTa Motor. Never received a word from them either. Took the car to another authorized service center - discovered we did Not have an extended warranty. Called the dealership numerous times. No one called back. My wife went to the dealership and they left her waiting for two hrs and she finally got mad and left.

This issue is still not resolve, Have zero help from any customer service so guess I'll have to find a consumer/contracts attorney to sue them for the 5K we paid for an extended warranty. Summarize Worst car buying experience I ever had - bar none. Worst quality car I have ever purchased - bar none. A wrecked Yugo would have been better. Do Not buy a Jaguar. They have absolutely lost any resemblance of the Jaguar of days gone past. They're doomed for bankruptcy.

Original review: March 7, 2019

No integrity in this company. I bought a brand new XF in 2010, water pump replaced 3 times but ok. It was under warranty. Then the leather dash started warping, they responded, "Not our problem." Fast forward 5 years my entire dash display fails. Dealership admits that there is a known fault in the sunroof which causes massive rain leakage thru the roof under the seats which btw causes the failure of the display but, "Sorry. Not our problem." Jaguar is the worst company, they do not stand by their product.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Please tell me I'm not the only one experiencing bad issues with Jaguar. I bought a 2017 Jaguar F-Pace diesel and have had nothing but problems. It's been in the shop so many times and all for different issues. It's had electrical issues, trim and body issues, fuel issues and so on. I've had it for almost 2 years and only have 9K miles because it continuously breaks down. The real issue is when it goes in to "restrictive performance" mode and will only go 25 miles per hour. It happened twice on the highway. It's very dangerous to drive. It's now been in the shop for 2 weeks and they still can't seem to get it to run correctly. I initiated a buyback and they just notified me that it "doesn't fit within their buyback parameters" because it's always had different issues. There's logic for you. I think it's time to contact an attorney and start legal action.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

They don't come even close to Mercedes Benz in car quality, service experience and overall technician competency. The car has been presenting a suspension issue and they state is normal suspension noise. Totally baffled with their communication. It's been a total nightmare.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

My 2016 F type stopped at a red light and shut off. No power to turn on hazard flashers or put car into neutral to push off the side of the road. Called for roadside assistance at 1:30 pm. First truck arrived at 3:30. Since the car cannot be put into neutral the driver told me I needed a different type of tow truck with a wheel lift. Called roadside back. Was told to wait for another truck. Each hour that passed I called to get updates and was given false info and lies.

By 7:30 PM I realized that nobody was coming to help me. I called a private tow company which I paid for. They arrived within 20 minutes and towed the car back to my house because the dealer was closed at this point. The tow driver that helped me told me that Jaguar pays so little to the AAA for pickups that they are a last priority. If you ever get stuck on a busy day they will not pick you up. If they did not lie to me I would have called for my own tow hours before. I was left in the middle of a busy highway from 1.30 PM till almost 8:00 PM by Jaguar. If you buy a car don't expect any service from these people. Warren Henry Jaguar could not care less about customer service. I will look into legal recourse for my horrible experience but my advice would be to buy a different vehicle. Terrible feeling being completely stranded. Roadside never called to see if I got picked up.

I called to speak to a supervisor and held the line for 40 min. I finally hung up. This is the first time I am complaining about a car. I have owned Cadillac, Lexus, Mercedes, Bmw and Maserati and have had good or at least reasonable service from all of them. Do not find yourself in my position. I did not drink water or use the restroom for all those hours as the police told me I had to stay with the car. Anyway I was far from a rest stop or gas station to walk to. A true nightmare.

Jaguar Company Information