Find a Car Brands partner

3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (297 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Jaguar

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Jaguar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jaguar?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jaguar?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

August 12, 2021 I purchased a 2017 Jaguar F-Pace 35t, with 51,496 miles on it, in May of 2020 from Jaguar Land Rover Downtown Salt Lake in Salt Lake City, Utah. I am a first-time owner of a Jaguar and was excited about my new vehicle. I met with a salesman by the name of Jake who assisted me with my purchase. At the time of the sale, I was explained that the Jaguar warranty was bumper to bumper. That this was good for the next 2 years or 100,000 miles, whichever came first. The warranty covered repairs, and oil changes on the vehicle.

June 24, 2020, I notified Jake of some issues I was having, one of them being that the daylight headlight was out. I made an appointment for July 15, 2020, with the service team and took the vehicle in to get fixed. August 7, 2020, I took my vehicle back in to be serviced again. On November 10, 2020, made an appointment for November 20, 2020, to be serviced on again.

In December 2020 we went to a wedding and on the drive to and from the wedding the car started overheating. It was cold outside, snowing, there wasn’t anything out of the ordinary. That same month I started having problems with the window control panel on the driver side. I was having a hard time getting an appointment made where I could also get a loaner. This problem continued to happen, and I tried to document when I could. I do have a picture of the overheating issue dated March 2020. It was hard to take pictures and video the occurrences, as I was usually driving and didn’t want to get into an accident.

On June 11, 2021, I was able to get the Jaguar in to be serviced. I was taking it in for the window panel to be serviced, the overheating issue to be looked at and the other daylight headlight to be replaced. It had gone out on the other side now. At this time the Jaguar had 62,000 miles on it. The service center said my warranty was not going to cover the same as it did before because it had over 60,000 miles on it now. I explained to them what the salesman had told me at the time of purchase and that this was contradicting to what he told me. After speaking with their manager and seeing that another customer was told the same thing, they said they would cover the service. I got my car back on June 23, 2021.

On June 29, 2021, my car started overheating and the AC stopped working. I reached out to the service center and explained to them it wasn’t fixed. I dropped it off on July 6, 2021. They kept my car but said they couldn’t get it to duplicate the problem. Nothing was fixed and I picked up my car on July 13, 2021. They had it for 8 days.

On July 22, 2021, my car was overheating, and the AC stopped working. I messaged the service center. I provided pictures and videos. They said they could not get me in and were all booked and would get back to me when they could. I reached out again on August 3rd as my car was overheating and the AC would stop working. August 7th, I reached out again, experiencing problems still. I did drop it off on August 7th.

As of now, August 12, 2021 my car is still sitting at the service center and I don’t have a loaner. I will never purchase a Jaguar again, I have had nothing but problems and the overheating issue is not being resolved. I would not recommend Jaguar to my family or friends unless they want to expect problems. I have had the car for a little over a year and have put around 13,000 miles on it. I do not plan on keeping it but trading it in for another vehicle that is more reliable. The last correspondence I received from the service center was that my case has been referred to Jaguar corporate to help get it resolved. Ideally, I would like to return the vehicle and get my money back. I no longer want to keep the car as I anticipate it will cause me future problems. I need a reliable vehicle for me and my family. This has been a huge inconvenience for us, and I use it to drive to and from work and take my kids to school.

Original review: July 20, 2021

This car is horrible. Customer service is worse. My car has been in the shop for 3 plus months. The dealer who has lied many times now state that the car has been fixed. Yet they refuse to allow me to properly test the car before signing off on it. Jaguar and its authorized representative has lied to me from start to finish. I documented everything. Corporate has not contacted me once although my car has been out of service since March 28th, 2021. The car has approximately 28,600 miles. Jaguar refused to negotiate with the BBB on a repurchase. They decline to respond to any and all requests for a remedy. Kicker: Jaguar authorized me to rent a vehicle. I am in for over 5k. They are refusing to pay. I will let them lie to the courts. I have proof. I documented EVERY call.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2021

In 2018 I leased a Jaguar FPace, this was the first and last time I will ever waste a dime on a leased vehicle. I was having issues with the vehicle shutting off at stop signs and when I would pull into a parking spot, and it was not the auto engine off, the car would fully turn off, they took it in and said they could not find anything wrong with it. It continued to happen and the second year when I took it in for the regular maintenance they stated it was some ground wire issue and a computer update and it should be fixed. It happened again several months later when driving the whole screen on the navigation and radio went black and restarted and the car did as well.

To add insult to injury when I called about the vehicle issue they said they could not take it back as I hadn't had the issue three times. Then at 15k miles I was driving and the car started pulling and the engine light came on, the engine pulley completely shattered and left me stranded on the side of the highway with about $500 in groceries in my trunk. I called Jag and they came and collected and fixed the car. Now the lease is ending, I have called Jag financial group at least six times to get a copy of my lease agreement and payoff that they never provided in the beginning and it took me separately calling the dealership after three months of trying to get it from Jaguar financial to get a copy.

Every single time I have called Jaguar financial the payoff amount has been different than my contract payoff amount. They are trying to add on extra unwarranted fees for property taxes on a vehicle I don't own after I sent the affidavit that shows I do not own property taxes. They received the affidavit over a month before the lease ended and after a month they still refuse to process it even with me calling daily. I have spent at least six hours on the phone with them in the past month and no resolutions. Now if I don't pay off the car by the end of lease date I get another 106 in fees added on since they still haven't done anything to remove the incorrect ~200 in taxes they are trying to charge.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I am not certain as to who is in charge of policy when it comes to Customer Service at Jaguar USA, The automobile is one of the most beautiful car to ever make contact with the road, but the folk at corporate ought to know that beauty alone is not enough to retain customers. I purchased my 2013 XJL 5.0 with all the bells and whistles. The catalytic converter warranty exceeds the regular 3 year/36000 miles warranty.

The car warranty is 7 years/70,000 miles,,, How many people know that? So when the check engine light came on, and the diagnosis was a damaged catalytic, the car was 6 years old with 63000 miles, in the middles of the Covid pandemic, where no one was going anywhere, I figured I’ll wait until the car is due for the 65000 miles service, that didn’t happen until February of 2021, by then the warranty on the 7 years had expired 5 months earlier, yet the mileage was well within the warranty period,,,, A no brainer right?

Jaguar USA shamelessly denied coverage and refused to honor the warranty, which prompted to search the reviews,,, I have never seen so many ONE STAR in my life, which made my decision to never ever sit behind the wheels of a Jaguar again. I say that with a heavy heart because of a life long love affair with Jaguars, and despite the fact that my Jaguar Service Advisor since 1988, Bob ** at Jaguar of Willow Grove, is one of the most knowledgeable, and courteous in the business.

Resolution response: March 7, 2021

Jaguar resolved the situation in with a suitable solution.

Original review: March 5, 2021

6/20 I purchased a Jaguar XE. From the beginning I had problems with the passive door locks. Went to arbitration thru the BBB. After finding in my favor to repurchase they have not fulfilled their obligation. I've been delayed and ignored in trying to resolve the situation and will probably have to take them to court even though arbitration was required in the owner's manual and they were bound by arbitration. I would not advise anyone buying a Jaguar.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I’m am writing to you regarding my 2003 Jaquar S type, which has now been at your location for over 1 year awaiting repairs, which are based on the recommendations of your service representatives and your service technicians. The VIN number of the vehicle is **. 4 door sedan, 2003 S Type. 97000 kms. I purchased this vehicle in late July 2018. The following has occurred since this purchase: I drove the vehicle to get fuel in late July and wash it, I fuelled up and the vehicle would not start. I had to pay for a tow truck to have it towed to your Jaguar dealer to be diagnosed. $125. The vehicle was said to require a fuel pump, reluctantly I said yes to the $1800.00 repair.

I picked the vehicle up and the same day the vehicle did the same thing. Check engine light came back on after it was run and attempted to re start it. It would not start after running for 15 mins. In an hour the vehicle started and ran without issue, but as soon as you shut it off it would not start for about an hour or more. (So obviously the original problem was not diagnosed correctly and a perfectly good fuel pump was replaced by your technicians.)

I took the vehicle to a different auto shop to be inspected and diagnosed again because I could not use it and it was unreliable, this was mid August because I required a provincial inspection. An inspection was performed and various items including, valve cover gaskets, belts, battery, etc. Total $1400.00. I pick the car up on the morning of August 25th. The check engine light was still on and the car still did not start after running for 20 mins without a minimum one hour cool down period, the shop could not get the car back in that day so it went back in on August 28th, 2019.

The following items were diagnosed upon its return to the shop:
    Engine Fault codes:
    Remove and replace crankshaft sensor.
    Remove and replace crankshaft angle sensor.
    Remove and replace Fuel Pressure Sensor Regulator (This should have been checked and done before replacing the fuel pump, that actually was probably not broken and was replaced).
    Replace Oil pan Gasket.
    Remove and replace Crackshaft Rear Oil seal.

All Completed and repaired $1308.00.

On Sept 7th, the vehicle was completed and pick up by my wife as I was out of town. On Sept 20th upon my return I returned the vehicle to the shop as the situation with the vehicle running and not restarting was still persistent. Upon further examination and diagnosis it was discovered that there was a potential failure in the ECM which had caused damage to the fuel injectors, Fuel injectors Replaced.

Upon reassembly the ECM was tested to see if it would reset and run the car accordingly. It did not. A used ECM was found, it was tested and functioned properly and installed, however it could not be re keyed to function the vehicle properly. This is now January of 2020. The Jaguar dealer was contacted and the vehicle towed to that location to be reprogrammed with factory information. Your service representatives contacted me stating that it could not be reprogrammed and a new ecm was recommended. $2545.00 --- Sub Total .. $7178.00 I agreed that as long as the new ecm would repair the problem to go ahead and replace it.

Jan 2020 to Present. Jaguar Dealer .. Attempts were made to briefly reprogram the key with the used ECM, this failed. It was recommended that a new ECM would be needed and this would resolve the issue with the Car. Correcting the problem with the vehicle not starting after running. The ECM was ordered and installed, now the vehicle would not engage in reverse, so once again a technician who likes to pull and replace parts that aren’t broke.. rather than a mechanic who tries to repair problems decides to reprogram the computer with the assistance of tech support in England. However, now the vehicle would not even start when cold, once again tech support in England had to be contacted to reprogram the SO CALLED PERFECT BRAND NEW ECM, at this time the vehicle was not even functioning as well as when it was towed there from the other shop.

Thru all of this the vehicle has maintained the original FACTORY BUILD problem. It will now run but it does not start after running for more than 15 mins. Your Jaguar dealership in conjunction with Tech support in England, feel that the computer chip that controls the dash instrument panels and function needs to be replaced. (another guess I’m sure) because no one can figure out this FACTORY DEFECTIVE VEHICLE. The dashboard instrument panel is no longer made and cannot be replaced is my understanding from the dealer. Although there are many used ones available online. Nor has anyone thought to repair the recalled electronic emergency brake system, which could be part of the problem, but whatever.

I have come to the conclusion that this car with 97000 kms was parked in some garage for years because the people that owned it could not afford to attempt to fix the INFAMOUS ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS with JAGUAR. I am tired of waiting for a car that cannot be fixed and will not be fixed on my dollar any further. So I give your company the opportunity to do the following:
    1. Repair the car and return it at your cost.
    2. Or remove the parts I paid for and replace them with the one that have been removed. Since I asked for the parts that be removed be returned to me. They should still be there
    3. Supply a used vehicle to me worth that same approximate amount that I have incurred at no cost. $15000.00.

4. Allow me to come and get my car, at no cost and I will find a real mechanic to repair it.

It is unreasonable that this car, with this mileage is anything but a factory lemon. Its issues are ongoing and it is ridiculous that such garbage should be sold as a luxury vehicle or under any other designation. I do not feel I should have to be out of pocket for a factory defective car. So your company can make the RIGHT choices here or I can proceed as needed.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I own a brand new Jaguar I-Pace, less than 5,000 miles. This morning, for the second time, go to drive the car and have a "battery default detected", rendering the car undriveable. Jaguar isn't much help, other than to tow the car in. Most unreliable car I've ever driven. Drove a Tesla model S for three years before purchasing this car and never had it in for service even once!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

Not just the worst car company I’ve dealt with, the worst company period. The warranty on my F-type is 50,000 miles or 60 months. The engine failed after 19,300 miles and 33 months of ownership. I am the original owner. Even though I had taken it to the same Jaguar dealer I purchased it from for the scheduled maintenance both times it was necessary, Jaguar denied my warranty claim citing lack of maintenance. They claimed people who buy F-types typically drive short distances so I should have changed the oil more frequently than the manual requires. I have a 20 mile one way commute so I don’t drive it short distances. Even the dealer couldn’t believe Jaguar’s refusal to replace the engine. In addition to $35,000 for a new engine they wanted me to pay another $7,000 if I wanted them to dismantle the engine to determine what part had failed. That money would be non refundable.

I found a great mechanic who installed a used engine to get the car running again. I then hired an attorney and took legal action against Jaguar/Land Rover for breach of warranty. It took 9 months but I won the case and Jaguar was ordered to reimburse me for the engine replacement. They had 30 days to pay. After 70 days they still had not paid or answered emails. Only when my attorney threatened to take them to court and seek additional damages did they finally pay up. If you don’t want to receive this type of treatment after you’ve paid $75,000 for a car, then stay away from Jaguar/Land Rover.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I had an existing XF that I was very pleased with and didn't expect to change, save for some bargains around in the current stressed climate. Mine was a diesel and I knew I needed a petrol some time. I investigated used XF petrol and was looking when Jaguar Cardiff suggested I could have a pre-reg XF for £5k more. Needless to say I was interested! It's a portfolio 2.0 250hp Petrol. It has BAGS of power (my brother's 3.0 petrol is OTT powerful and exp to run) and I am totally DELIGHTED.

The tech has taken a HUGE boost from 2012 to 2020 and now is just quick, easy and intuitive (it was fine previously). Comfort is also far better, especially rear comfort and space. My previous car was used so bums had touched the leather before mine! Ride is responsive but not Audi hard. Overall I am blown away by HOW MUCH BETTER the 2020 car is than the 2012 (which I already liked a lot!). It's so much worth going for the new motor. THANK YOU Jaguar for an amazing product!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I have a 2018 f-pace diesel purchased in 2019. Not a day goes by that I don't break out into a smile while driving it. Yes, fit and finish could be not high end, after all it is a Jaguar, but all cars nowadays are built with compromises. My wife had a 2018 Jeep Wrangler, and if you want to see horrifying build quality buy one. How a big v6 can be so gutless is unexplainable. Back to the F-Pace, 2 liter diesel weighing only 300lbs... Takes you to 80mph very quickly and had returned up to 40mpg. This is the best looking SUV on the market, and the lay flat rear seats make cargo space INCREDIBLE, it fit a 65" tv no problem. So far I'm loving it... Knock on wood... NO ISSUES! I would recommend this car to anyone, service so far has been great.

Jaguar Company Information