Jaguar

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My 2009 XJ Portfolio with less than 20,000 miles that stays parked in my garage, has never been thru a car wash, had the back windshield come unglued. A car that well cared for should never have that occur. At a cost of $1000, I had to pay to have it done. Certainly makes me rethink purchasing another one. I thank the dealership for at least repairing it.

Four weeks ago I purchased a XF. So far I have not received any call from anyone at the dealership or from Jaguar USA to ask about my experience with the purchase transaction or any concerns with the vehicle. And I do have some questions and relevant feedback. Last week, my daughter purchased a Hyundai Tucson and she has already received calls both from the dealership and Hyundai USA asking for her feedback and if there was anything they could do to enhance her experience. Amazing!! Jaguar has to go a long ways before it can hold a candle to the Japanese and Korean counterparts.

We the Jaguar lovers are very disappointed with the removal of the signature Jaguar emblems from the hoods of the vehicles. Please put it back. Thanks, Jaguar Lovers.

When I read all the terrible reviews I actually wondered what percent of total Jags sold this represents! I had a 97 XK, a 2010 XK, a 2014 F Type, and 2015 XF, and now a 2016 F Type. I have literally had zero problems... ever! I've owned other exotic brands, including one very expensive one that had to be lemon lawed! The Jags have been refined, problemless, and totally fun to own and drive. The dealers have been wonderful and supportive. WOW!!! A completely different experience from some of these other stories! I love the Jaguars!

I have owned a 2011 Jaguar XF S/C with 25,000 miles for the past 4 1/2 years and have been very pleased with the purchase. I bought the car from a dealer about 60 miles from where I live. This has been the most satisfying car I have ever owned, and I have owned quite a few high-end sedans. The car is beautiful, fast, quite and safe. I look forward to seeing it and driving it any change I get. It is a perfect size, fast and RELIABLE.

The only service or reliability issue was an initial "check engine" light, I was told that I didn't tighten the fuel cap well enough TWICE by the assessing dealer. On the third episode, after being sick of taking it to the dealer, I call Jaguar and they towed it to Portland, Oregon dealer where the problem was found to be a vapor leak near the fuel tank and was fixed. It has stayed fixed. The yearly service has been the only other trips to the dealer, and have been uneventful. Note that all service was free for 5 years with 2011 vehicles. The battery died at 2 years, and I replaced it on my own, and the soft performance tires only lasted about 18,000 miles as expected. Would I buy it again? IN A HEARTBEAT!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jaguar?

Leased a new 2016 XF using the "pull-ahead" coupon miles to me covering up to 3 payments on my old lease. Chase continued to debit my account for BOTH the old and new leases and also told me I owed 1800$ for the failed lease payments. Spent HOURS (no joke) with Chase. Nobody knew of Jag's incentive and Dealer finally got me a direct #.

Two MONTHS later, no reimbursement for duplicate (and illegal!) payments drawn from my account. Had I been this late my car would be on a flatbed and my credit ruined. Everyone at Chase agrees I SHOULD be reimbursed but nobody can tell me WHEN. AARRGGGHHH! I have invested at least 20 hours of time to get my money back from companies which purport to be the hallmarks of luxury. And when I call the Jaguar customer satisfaction hotline I always get the same 3 prompts leading to "Leave a message and we will call you back immediately," HA! It's been 3 calls and 2 days and NOBODY has called back. What a ** losing pair of companies. Third Jag but NEVER again. Spread the word. Their customer service SUCKS!!!

I have been fairly satisfied with my 2011 Jaguar XJL. I bought the car in Dallas and had it serviced for the first half of its warranty life in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Moved to Austin and then had to have it serviced by the only dealer here, Jaguar of Austin. Just the normal services because there have been few problems with the car once the infamous roof popping issue was fixed. I noticed at first that I never got a loaner at this dealership. Usually a Nissan from Enterprise. Then they somehow credited my 30k service to some fellow in St. Louis and used my 45k service instead. Took me hours on the phone with Jaguar's corporate to resolve it and they never figured it out until I did. Called in March about the extended warranty. The conditions were not really explained to me but I was told there was no hurry. I had an appointment for my last service a month before my warranty expired. My car currently has a bit over 35k on it. Not a high mileage vehicle.

I get a call from my service advisor asking to postpone my service appointment. Until the day before my warranty expires. On the way into the appointment I get a call from the service advisor, which was odd, informing me they have no loaners. I stated the obvious which was that I had made this appointment long in advance but that I had never gotten a loaner at this dealership. Arrive from my appointment and had already decided to test drive a new F-PACE or Rover and trade my car in. I was called while on the test drive and told my service was no longer covered and that it was over $1000. I authorized the service and cancelled the test drive. On the way home I called Jaguar Corporate and they were good about making sure it was covered. This dealership did not lift a finger to help.

That same day I talked once again to the finance person about my extended warranty. She had my file from March on her desk. She said she would now call and try and get me an exception to get the extended warranty (which after a call or two I find is priced $2000 more for less warranty than other dealers). I never hear from her. I have called a couple times and never get her or received a callback so I call the dealership where I purchased the car and had a very helpful young man named Jason. Jason gets back to me in 2 days and tells me my extended warranty request was turned down. I called Jaguar Corporate and am waiting for their response.

The point of this little story is that the dealerships may be individually owned but they are representatives of the Jaguar corporation. A good product is only as good as the dealership. I would imagine that if I had purchased in Austin I might have gotten better service. Maybe not. I plan to lodge a formal complaint against this dealership for all irregularities and the fact that it appears they have cost me the protection of an extended warranty. My last Jaguar. At least as long as I am in the Austin area and have to deal with Jaguar of Austin.

My Jag XF has been garaged kept for the 5 years I've had the car. So you can imagine how shocked I was when the headliner in the car completely came down.

As asked Jaguar and Alpine Jaguar my local dealer to provide assistance for this situation and they declined to stand by their product. At this point I have concluded Jaguar is not a brand worthy of luxury status. I will look to another brand to provide me a luxury vehicle choice.

So Jaguar USA thinks a seat can wear out under normal circumstances in 2 years and 12,000 miles. Yes, between them and the stealership at Jaguar Palm Beach they'll have you believe that an $80,000 car should self-destruct before the warranty expires. Then again, what good is a warranty they won't honor?

I purchased my used 2011 Jaguar with 38,000 miles on it. Beautiful and sleek, she turns heads everywhere she goes. In our 8 short months together I've replaced the entire center display, all of the speakers, roof curtain motors, parking sensors, and last week, it overheated and died on the Pennsylvania turnpike... at 43,000 miles. Imagine the mortification of standing in full military attire next to a smoking vehicle. The factory warranty died in October... but went to 50,000 miles. This is inexcusable. Please if you are reading this DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND.

I contacted Jaguar USA... They offered 60% of the 44,000$ estimate. So I either have to pay over 13k for the engine to fix a car I'm 35k in debt to own; or use my extended warranty company (5k)... which is going to total my car altogether! God only knows the loss I'm going to eat when the final value is computed. The dealership itself (Mainline Jag, outside of Philadelphia) has been awesome-but they don't work for free! The entire staff is accommodating and obviously sorry for my loss - but why am I paying for this defect Jaguar USA!? I just want my baby to run like normal cars do!!!

From the very first day I brought the car home we had problems with our Jaguar XF. It left my wife stranded on the freeway multiple times when it simply shut down and refused to go. This is a common problem. The car was eventually re-wired from bumper to bumper. It has had brakes replaced three times in 65k miles. Not one sensor told us the brakes were low, and they couldn't figure that out either. Now the dash has bubbled up and the leather is separating after 65k miles. It has been garage kept since day one, and it is probably happening from being removed for all of the warranty work. Jag will not cover it.

Problem 1: I purchased my 2011 Jag when it was about 1 1/2 years old with about 27,000 miles on it. It was supposed to be what Jaguar calls a certified vehicle which means brakes and all necessary parts were changed however at 11,000 miles the brakes were rubbing and making a lot of dust so I bought it in. They told me I needed new brakes. Had them changed with my oil change. Now 15,000 miles later again with my oil change they are saying I have to pay another 1200.00 for front and back brakes. This would mean that in less than 50,000 miles the brakes have been changed 3 times. I have been driving since I was 19. My last car lasted 10 years and I didn't have to change the brakes 3 times... Guess I should have stuck with the less expensive cars.

Problem 2: During this same visit my front driver side light was supposed to be fixed and my battery replaced because the car just cut off while running and the lights would come on but it would not start. When I picked up my car while up the street at the gas station I noticed there was a stain on my bumper which could not be washed off and the front light wasn't working. When I bought the car back they kept it for almost 2 weeks and side the light wasn't working because the wires were fried. My question to the service manager was before I was charged for a light bulb and sent away the mechanic didn't notice that or even that the light still wasn't working? Needless to say they expect me to put out more money to fix something that was supposed to be fixed.

These problems does not include the 2 other times the car was really broke and had to be put in the shop. Yesterday when I filed the complaint with the corporate office the man I spoke with told me it would be referred to a research team and that no one will follow up with me. That says to me it will just be tossed to the side and that they really Don't care about the customer or your experience once the car is sold. I truly hate Jag. It looks great but the actual product and service sucks so I am planning to get rid of it and I will never buy anything even slightly related to this brand or its parent company again.

I have a 2012 Jaguar XF: Cost me $2,550.00 repairs for premature injector failure on bank 2, cylinder 2, 4, 6, 8. This is a Jaguar design or parts issue. After writing a letter to Jaguar getting them to call me and they are "checking into it". I actually work in the automotive manufacturing industry and wouldn't take any of the general lame excuses... Today my wife's Jaguar 2012 XF just been diagnosed with the same failure. After this is over I will be at the BMW dealer... These jags look great... but beware these don't hold up without very expensive repairs.

I have a 2013 Jaguar Premium Edition. I leased it brand-new from Heritage Jaguar. The car has 3700 miles on it. My brake pads' low warning light came on at 3600 miles. I took it to Jaguar of Freeport and they claimed my driving was the cause of my brake pads needing to be changed. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. They refused to change the pads which were barely worn. The sensors are placed very close to the pads. This will definitely be my last Jaguar. My lease ends in September of 2016, so I'll have to put up with it until then.

I read all of the complaints and thought wow they are so much different than my experience. I have a 2003 S type and am just now 12 years later replacing the battery. I am having trouble with the air conditioning but they think it's just worn out O-rings that let the coolant leak. I have had brakes replaced and new tires and tune ups but nothing major. I have been very happy with my car..

We bought a 2014 XF Jaguar, it has about 10,000 miles. Well my wife was driving the car and all of a sudden the steering wheel froze and the car shut down. The red flashing light was blinking on Drive. My wife was in the middle of the highway and the cars behind her were beeping at her. She then applied brake and shifted knob to park and tried to restart it and it did. My wife said it was embarrassing in a new 2014 jag. We took to dealership. They couldn't duplicate it, all they did was reset the computer. 4 days later it did the same thing, the car power turn off as she was driving. She is scared for her safety and my kids and others behind her.

I called dealership and they're going to pick up car and lend me a loaner. I was looking at this website and I noticed someone had the same problem which, her name is Colleen of Santa ana, CA. I've bought a new 2003 Navi, 2007 Benz, 2010 Camaro and never had this type of problem. This malfunction on this 2014 XF is a safety issue and not even a used car in a car lot would do this.

I Just bought a 2011 XJL which still had some remaining warranty but I also got extended warranty as well. Same week the car went in to the shop, engine vibrations, weird idling, seems it's going to shut off when I'm in reverse, XM radio was cutting out, speaker was cracked. I took it into the dealership at Newport Beach Jaguar, a few days after I bought it because the massage on driver side was making a loud noise. They replaced it and I told them about the cracked speaker but they couldn't hear it and I also complained about a rough idling with vibration and a check engine light came on. Well they, God knows what they did but supposedly they fixed it.

I picked up my car and drove it home and two days later the same problem came back check engine light and the vibration. I drove it back to Newport Beach and left it with them for 12 days. They said they changed the spark plugs as they noticed there was some leak from a compressed washer that sits around the spark plug. I said ok whatever just give me my car back already I miss it. Everything seemed normal until I took and I drove it for max 2 weeks and back again. Now a different dealership got involved and they worked on the fuel injectors saying that they looked bad, changed 4 supposedly and car picked up again. Seemed fine then

The idling issue pops up again. I take it in and asked a Jaguar lead mechanic to take in on a ride with me. He did and noticed a slight hesitation and vibration but said close to normal but let's keep it overnight and see. They did and when turned it on next day the engine light came on and the noticed what I was talking about. It's been at the dealership now for 15 days testing and bringing a field service engineer and towards a few days ago I'm starting to get hints that there is a possible engine replacement. I'm out of words after I heard that and I'm not sure how to go about this right now. I've made 2 payments on the car and the dealership had the car more than me. I'm beyond frustrated as this was my next car on the list to get and I got it and so far I have regretted the day that I made that decision.

I am a loyal Jaguar driver, however I am now having my concerns and doubts. I had gone from the XK8 to the XJL, and never thought it would be an issue. I had the car in several times for various problems from car shaking in reverse when you turn the wheel, the moon roof not closing, the trunk not closing, the navigation replaced, now my TRANSMISSION IS BEING REPLACED… I have under 40,000 miles on my car, mostly highway driving. I am a very careful driver, my car looks brand new other than all the issues listed above. I FEEL I HAVE A LEMON? I have not even listed all of the issues, because the people in the service department are very kind and doing the best they can. What are my rights? I think they should give me a new car. HELP.

I purchased a 2013 demo Jaguar XF with 3000 miles. Have already had to replace fuel injectors, and engine oil cooler. When purchasing the car we were promised that warranty would extend to Cayman Islands where Jaguar has an authorized dealer. Jaguar now tell me I need to take it to Puerto Rico!!! My last few inquiries have led to only an automated response saying they would get back to be. The latest being mid February. It's now May 15, 2015 and still no response!

I just purchased my 2014 Jaguar XF and from the day I brought it home on a cold start and just sitting at a light the car has a rough idle!!! Very embarrassing when you have someone in your car! Dealer Service said, "Don't worry about it," and try fuel injector cleaner when I get gas. I paid a premium for a luxury car! I'm very frustrated.

Updated on 06/06/2015:

This is an update from my previous post. I took my 2014 XF Jaguar in for service at my local Jaguar dealer for the second time about the idle issue. I was told The computer said everything was fine with my car. I had clients ride with me and ask what was wrong with my car. After spending 40,000 on a luxury vehicle it's quite embarrassing. I called Jaguar USA and was told nothing is wrong with the car. The dealer did tell me that all the 2014's have a bad Idle and they don't know what's causing it. When you're sitting at a stop it feels like there's air in the gas. Needless to say I sold my car and took a $7000 hit! I only had the car for two months and it was in the shop twice. Jaguar USA should make up the deficit that I lost.

I was driving my 2003 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 Sport AWD and it was me and my daughter and while we were driving down the road car just came to a complete stop and I wouldn't move and when I pushed the accelerator the car made this deep grinding noise. This is by far the worst car I have ever owned. I never recommend a Jag.

My 2011 Jaguar XLJ with 58,100 miles overheated and now I need a new engine. It is out of warranty, but with only 58,000, shouldn't Jaguar bear some responsibility?

I have a 2004 Jaguar XJ8 with 67,775 miles and have had to replace the 2 front shocks, compressor, transmission lines, oil pan, throttle body, air suspension has a fault, window washer stopped pumping 2 yrs ago, and today the speedometer stopped working. I love the look but and ride but this is the last straw. I am going to start looking for a newer car... today!!!! The door lock only locks once now, have to use key.

Jaguar Paint....and other problems: It's possible you may get to go to Arbitration and I will recommend if the Arbitrator ask you what you want... say a new car. If he doesn't grant you a new car then you can only go down from there. Kinda like asking 8000 when you only want 5000, you can't go up from 4000 to 5000 but you can go down. So if they ask you say what you want and maybe a little more. Too many folks get to this stage and only want it fixed... Well no matter how well it's FIXED it is never the same, at least to you. It's not like a new car and the value has been Knocked in the head!! I hope this helps you and anyone else that reads this... I do know Toyota is VERY good with their Arbitrators and usually Grant what the Arbitrator suggest... They don't have much choice and the arbitrators are usually pulling for the customer... esp if they really do have a complaint and the arbitrator understands/sees their complaint. Good luck...

1995 Jaguar XJ - Bought this car in 2005 with 80k miles. I was the 3rd owner. It has the 4.0 liter 6 straight 6 and it's been bulletproof. It's been over 10 years and I have added 50k miles to it and it's been fine. I don't drive in the snow with it or the winter. It has a smooth ride and great pick up for a 4000-lb vehicle with a 240HP 6 banger. I've had to do the typical brakes and tires and battery. I do oil changes regular. A few odd out of the normal repairs I have had to do in 50k miles:

1) One of the headlight washer things on the front fell off. Somehow a small plastic clip that secures it to the bumper broke. Found the part on ebay for $50
2) Power antenna stopped working. Replaced with an aftermarket one and it's been fine

3) Electronic control unit failed. The car would not start and it was an $800 repair. But hey, it's about 17 years old at this point and my wife's Toyota had the ECU fail in about 10 years and was $500 to replace. So.. not that much difference between the jag and the Toyota

One thing I have noticed. I am on my original exhaust as far as I can tell. Maybe not driving it in the winter has saved my exhaust or these stainless ones are built to last. Also, it's now 19 years old and has no creaks, rattles, or odd noises. This car is solid. It leaks no fluids and runs like a top with 130k miles on it.

I own a 2003 Jaguar S-type. At less than 50,000 miles and 7 years I had to replace the transmission?! Since then things along the way have been falling apart. Had to replace the seal in my windows and sun roof. Replace the visor on the driver side. 3 months ago a new radiator and now the air conditioner compressor?!! This car is virtually falling apart!! For a luxury car and being a FORD engine I do not understand why there are so many major issues happening to it?

We recently had to have a ''ding'' repaired to our passenger door. The bodywork manager pointed out that the paint coverage on several areas of the car allowed the base coat/primer to show through. My husband was devastated. We took the vehicle to our local Jaguar dealer who checked the paint and told us it was ''an effect'' not a defect!!!! Not happy with this, we traveled some 700 miles round trip to Croydon where the car was bought. It was inspected there (dubbed a Friday afternoon car) and a full report sent into Jaguar. The customer service at Jaguar now want the car inspected by someone else. I can only assume there is an issue and they want to dispute it. This was supposed to be our dream car and last purchase for a long time. We are now waiting for customer services to get back in touch. Why a company such as this can't paint a car properly or pick it up before the car leaves the factory beggars belief.

Jaguar XF owned for 10 months constantly filling with water in the sump guard. Dealer can't see anything wrong. So much for an expensive prestige car. Beware.

Took my X type for service. Advised the service advisor that I suspect a water pump is not working coz no water comes up when trying to clean windscreen (thought that's what water pump is for). They did not advise me otherwise nor did they quote me for the water pump. Collected the car and asked why my problem was not fixed, only then he confirmed it is not working and he would send me a quote.

Purchased brand new 2013 Jaguar XJ from Heritage Jaguar in Freeport NY in Dec 2013. Scene 1: Critical oil light went on around 1500 miles and I brought it in and was told by service manager Bill "they probably forgot to fill with oil at the factory". Heritage filled with oil and sent me on my way. Scene 2: Another 1500 miles and critical oil light went on again. This time I decided to service at my local dealer Monmouth Jaguar. I showed them the service report from Heritage Jaguar, and was told that they needed to evaluate through an oil consumption test. Oil was filled and I was sent on my way. One point I would like to mention, car constantly smelled of oil burning and I reported it numerous times to both dealer and Jaguar customer service rep named Paul.

Scene 3: Another 1500 mile and critical oil light went on again and car was brought to Monmouth Jaguar and they contacted Jaguar engineers and was told to change a bunch of parts, which they did and sent me on my way. Car now has around 5K miles, as you can see we don't drive this car a lot. I did want to take the car on a 350 mile round trip and was scared that it would have a critical oil issue far from my home. I called Monmouth Jaguar and reviewed this and the continuing burning smell of oil after the so called repair was done. They offered me a loaner while they checked out the burning oil smell, on Friday Oct 3rd. On Monday Oct 6th I was called by Monmouth Jaguar and was told that Jaguar decided to replace the engine with a new one.

I was concerned, since this is virtually a new car with 5K miles and this issue started from day 1, with the devaluation of the vehicle due to the engine replacement and the look of the Carfax report with all this repair history. I e-mailed Jaguar customer service 2 times and called my Jaguar service rep Paul several times. I spoke to Paul and he too he said he will get back to me. After not hearing back I tried to call the Jaguar executive line and left 2 messages not hearing back at all. Monmouth Jaguar where the car is now, are wonderful and are trying their best to help in every way. It seems Jaguar Corporate is trying to take themselves out of the situation and leave Monmouth Jaguar to relay any decisions. Monmouth Jaguar did say that Jaguar Corporate wants to do the right thing and offered to send me a check for 1 of my monthly payments and they said they would offer me an extended warranty but could not provide the details of the additional miles and time frame.

Jaguar Corporate is hiding behind the local dealer and is not taking responsibility. This oil issue started from day 1 and I expect a new vehicle from Jaguar. When the time comes and I try to sell this vehicle I will take a tremendous loss as compared to the market conditions of the time when I go to sell the car. The real surprise of this is that they call themselves a luxury product, and I am still waiting for a response from Jaguar Corporate after many e-mails and calls. Does Jaguar have many issues with this model engine? Obviously my engine does. If this is a unique non everyday occurrence why would Jaguar not want to satisfy a customer by doing what is right and replacing the car?

Jaguar Company Profile