Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.28/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

195 Guardian Interlock Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I have had this Interlock install for 1 1/2 months and I have been locked out my car twice and had had 4 false alarms. When you call their supposedly 24/7 support you never get help. You are on hold for 30 min to an hour. They have an option to call you back but they are not really helpful. All they say is that you need to take the device back to shop to get it serviced. The installer I used has no real knowledge of the tool they are supporting. They just know how to press buttons and calibrate the device. This has been a very frustrating experience that has left me very dissatisfied with the product. They advertise easy to use but my device takes up to 3-4 minutes just to warm up so you can blow. You have to hum and blow so it makes it very easy to mess up and then if you do you have to wait again just to retry. This is very hard and inconvenient when you have other devices that start up right away and all you have to do is inhale and exhale.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Worst customer service I have ever seen. Not to mention that pretty much everything people write in reviews are true (technical problems, hidden fees, ext...). You can forget about help if you happen to need it, and you will need it! You won’t be able to get in touch with anyone for days, if you're lucky for hours if you have a problem. Their sales team will always answer but as soon as you say that you’re existing customer you will get transferred to different line immediately (sales will not help you with anything) and good luck waiting for help on that line! I wish I did more research before getting Guardian!

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2019

If I could choose “No” stars I would. Kick you while you're down. Hidden fees they do not bring to your attention till right before you're about to process payment (after you watch the video and sign paperwork). Deactivation fee from shop that’s even more $$ than the monthly collaboration payments!! Yeah. Your choice of insurance but $100 deductible vs $1500 stolen device that’s out of your hands!? Yeah this breathalyzer company really cares for your well-being... I spoke with several reps from here over a week's time shopping around for installation and they seemed worthy enough. Then finding a shop that will do it in a convenient and timely manner with my busy schedule, they seemed to be great (Guardian)... I was very wrong.

On top of all this, when I left the shop in Covina Ca where I was getting it installed I called Guardian several times to express my negative experience and handling of these charges... I couldn’t get thru to any customer service reps, minutes long wait BUT boy did I get thru when pressing #1 and #2 in their automated system to schedule another appointment for installation. When I finally got thru and told them about my installation visit, all I was told was, "We’re very sorry to hear that," ** long pause. Smh. Don't let them fool you. DO YOUR RESEARCH AND FIND THE BEST POSSIBLE, AFFORDABLE & REASONABLE INTERLOCK SYSTEM for YOURSELF. They’re thieves.

Original review: June 30, 2019

The Guardian system has lost its mind several times and kept the car from turning off. The breathalyzer unit displays a 'Turn ignition off' but the car can't be turned off. Today it ran for over three hours. I called Guardian in the first hour and they never called back. I finally reached the guy who installed this wacky system and fixed it myself. This company is terrible. My dealership said they'd never seen such a screwy installation.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I do not even know where to start. I have had this device in my car for two years now and have gone through 4 handsets, rewiring, resets, towing, connection issues, being stranded, false refusals, over and over and over again. I have no violations and all I want is for their devices to work when I do exactly what I supposed to do. That's it! Customer service was even worse. I was disconnected 5 times and "accidentally" transferred to the survey, in the middle of my conversation, each time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Interlock?

Original review: April 24, 2019

I could write a book about this company but I’ll try to keep this short and simple. I just received my successful completion of the program letter. What should have been a year turned into almost 16 months of pain and agony! I never had a drop of alcohol while trying to start my vehicle. After only a little over a month in the program I received a violation in the mail for a bypass. I look at the time and date it was prior to me having the system installed in my car. It took me numerous calls and lots of being on hold with them to have this removed.

Month 2 go for my calibration leave there go to the gym. Come out and my car will not start, I had a strange code on my handset. I call my service center and luckily the guy was close and said he could come check my car out. He comes out, disconnects the battery wires and does some stuff under the hood and gets my car started. Lo and behold I get another violation. Again I spend hours of time calling customer service with no results!

During the program I ended up with 6 violations that they didn’t seem to care about. I had to have my car towed, 4-5 handsets replaced, and the box on the car replaced 2 times with many days of downtime where I had to find a ride to work. If I wouldn’t have been persistent and received help from my case worker at MDOT I think I would have had the device forever. I have been in customer service myself for over 30 years so I do know how customers should be treated. This is by far the WORSE customer service I have ever dealt with in my entire life!!!!

Original review: March 23, 2019

Guardian Interlock is simply punishment on top of punishment. Simply believe it is all a money making scam by RMV'S. 4 handsets, one complete rewire, random failures, aborts, and lockouts. Days off from work for "resets"... Stranded numerous times... List goes on and on. It's time we customers open a class action lawsuit versus Guardian Interlock.

Original review: March 19, 2019

My husband has to have the interlock device for 6 months. First of its expensive so don’t ever drink and drive. The device was mandatory. In one month we have had so many problems. Due to equipment failure we have had the handset replaced three times and the box inside the vehicle replaced once. We have had to have our vehicle towed twice. We live an hour away from the closest place that installs them. Then after asking a thousand questions about an important trip that was 9 hours away and being told everything would be ok the equipment failed again. The vehicle was again an hour away from any place that deals with Guardian. My husband and children are currently stranded in another state due to EQUIPMENT FAILURE... GUARDIAN HAS BEEN UNHELPFUL. No one knows what they are talking about and that's IF you get someone...like everyone else says it takes 3 hours just to get a call back.

I am worried sick about my family. We have spent so much money on tow bills and now motel bills. Plus the work day pay we have lost taking the handsets in for replacements. If this continues I will find a lawyer. Mandatory or not this company is putting an extreme hardship on people's lives. Something should not be mandatory if the equipment fails constantly and ends up putting a family in a terrible financial state. Especially when they are following the procedures and and rules 100%.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I’ve is the IIL for just short of nine months after a chemical test refusal. When I was told I’d need to get the Interlock device I had nowhere to start and knew of no vendors. So I took to the website the PennDot rep gave me where it listed all vendors near me. I call maybe a half dozen and for whatever reason I decide to use Guardian Interlock. For the first few months, I had an awful time - admittedly, my fault - because I kept leaving the car running while I was at gas stations, checking the mail, etc. etc.

Around the 6-7 month mark of having the Interlock, I start having serious issues with the device. I’m randomly getting fail messages without having blown into the device, I have days missing without violations or any noticeable issues, and the most recent development is that weird codes will randomly pop up usually following stance noises and some sort of minor catastrophe.

I’ve called the service center and the CS line numerous times and no one is willing to check if the actual device is the problem, or the installation, or anything else. The service center did check my battery last calibration and they said that it was fine. Better yet, I’ve had to pay fees every time I need to take the device in to the service center to have the days that the device had taken put back on. I’m at a loss and have contemplated switching to Intoxalock three months before my IIL period is up and just considering the uninstall fees and everything I’ve paid up until this point a wash because I’d rather just be done with this company.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I’ve had my Interlock for 4 months now and the first two months weren’t a problem. Then in November my vehicle dies while I’m driving home and I almost run into someone. I had AAA come and check my battery and my alternator and they were fine. Finally I thought to disconnect and reconnect my device and boom, I’m able to start my vehicle again... This has happened twice now and it shows on the report that I’ve disconnected twice as if I were trying to tamper with the device.

The other issue I’m having is it takes over a month sometimes for the state to get the readings from my uploads. I am eligible to get off Interlock early (December 19th) but the state has still not gotten my upload from November, so I have no idea when/if I will be able to get it uninstalled. This is affecting my work as I have to ride with someone everywhere and I desperately need to get the restriction taken off my license. I told my boss I was eligible on the 19th but I have no way of telling him when it will actually happen and am at risk of getting fired because of it. The only people I can talk to are customer service, which takes upwards of an hour to actually talk to, and they can only email the “records” division and ask for the information to be sent out. It is my fault for having to install this device in the first place but at what point have I paid my penitence?

Guardian Interlock Company Information