Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.29/5
Based on 170 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

189 Guardian Interlock Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 23, 2019

Guardian Interlock is simply punishment on top of punishment. Simply believe it is all a money making scam by RMV'S. 4 handsets, one complete rewire, random failures, aborts, and lockouts. Days off from work for "resets"... Stranded numerous times... List goes on and on. It's time we customers open a class action lawsuit versus Guardian Interlock.

Original review: March 19, 2019

My husband has to have the interlock device for 6 months. First of its expensive so don’t ever drink and drive. The device was mandatory. In one month we have had so many problems. Due to equipment failure we have had the handset replaced three times and the box inside the vehicle replaced once. We have had to have our vehicle towed twice. We live an hour away from the closest place that installs them. Then after asking a thousand questions about an important trip that was 9 hours away and being told everything would be ok the equipment failed again. The vehicle was again an hour away from any place that deals with Guardian. My husband and children are currently stranded in another state due to EQUIPMENT FAILURE... GUARDIAN HAS BEEN UNHELPFUL. No one knows what they are talking about and that's IF you get someone...like everyone else says it takes 3 hours just to get a call back.

I am worried sick about my family. We have spent so much money on tow bills and now motel bills. Plus the work day pay we have lost taking the handsets in for replacements. If this continues I will find a lawyer. Mandatory or not this company is putting an extreme hardship on people's lives. Something should not be mandatory if the equipment fails constantly and ends up putting a family in a terrible financial state. Especially when they are following the procedures and and rules 100%.

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I’ve is the IIL for just short of nine months after a chemical test refusal. When I was told I’d need to get the Interlock device I had nowhere to start and knew of no vendors. So I took to the website the PennDot rep gave me where it listed all vendors near me. I call maybe a half dozen and for whatever reason I decide to use Guardian Interlock. For the first few months, I had an awful time - admittedly, my fault - because I kept leaving the car running while I was at gas stations, checking the mail, etc. etc.

Around the 6-7 month mark of having the Interlock, I start having serious issues with the device. I’m randomly getting fail messages without having blown into the device, I have days missing without violations or any noticeable issues, and the most recent development is that weird codes will randomly pop up usually following stance noises and some sort of minor catastrophe.

I’ve called the service center and the CS line numerous times and no one is willing to check if the actual device is the problem, or the installation, or anything else. The service center did check my battery last calibration and they said that it was fine. Better yet, I’ve had to pay fees every time I need to take the device in to the service center to have the days that the device had taken put back on. I’m at a loss and have contemplated switching to Intoxalock three months before my IIL period is up and just considering the uninstall fees and everything I’ve paid up until this point a wash because I’d rather just be done with this company.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I’ve had my Interlock for 4 months now and the first two months weren’t a problem. Then in November my vehicle dies while I’m driving home and I almost run into someone. I had AAA come and check my battery and my alternator and they were fine. Finally I thought to disconnect and reconnect my device and boom, I’m able to start my vehicle again... This has happened twice now and it shows on the report that I’ve disconnected twice as if I were trying to tamper with the device.

The other issue I’m having is it takes over a month sometimes for the state to get the readings from my uploads. I am eligible to get off Interlock early (December 19th) but the state has still not gotten my upload from November, so I have no idea when/if I will be able to get it uninstalled. This is affecting my work as I have to ride with someone everywhere and I desperately need to get the restriction taken off my license. I told my boss I was eligible on the 19th but I have no way of telling him when it will actually happen and am at risk of getting fired because of it. The only people I can talk to are customer service, which takes upwards of an hour to actually talk to, and they can only email the “records” division and ask for the information to be sent out. It is my fault for having to install this device in the first place but at what point have I paid my penitence?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Stranded three times in the last week. Still waiting to hear back from Guardian, called them 12/10 and 12/11 and selected option "8" to request a callback after waiting on hold for 45 min. I have everything documented via video and phone logs. Device spits out weird codes then states it is "running" after I blow. Car will not start. Brand new Mercedes with no issues. Took device to shop. They say "it's fine". Go back to car and it works fine. Next day get stranded again. Now watching my vehicle getting towed, more $$$. Been stuck in freezing car for 2 hours. All documented. Nobody will call back and nobody cares at Guardian. Total scam, very dangerous, surprised this is legal. I've used Guardian for 5 years. I'm stuck with them until 2021. Have spent thousands. Ready to consider leaving the state just to avoid them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Interlock?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

So I have had my Interlock for over 5 months now, no problems. So a couple days ago my camera starts making a clicking noise. I called the people and they said, "Don't worry about it." I said ok. I woke up the next morning. My days were at 0!!! So I went in and got a new camera, so it went good for a couple days then the camera starts clicking again. I wake up today and lo and behold my days are back down to zero!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I used this service with no issue for 6 months. Upon completion of court required IID time, I filed a request for my no-negative report on 9/13/18. It is now 11/13 and I still do not have this report. I’ve made 6 different attempts to have Guardian release my report, however my attorney and the courts still have not received the report. I hired this attorney after a month of Guardian ignoring my requests, and they have been having a similar experience of non-service. If you are considering Guardian, choose another company. You will have problems at an already difficult time. And if Guardian is reading this, PLEASE SEND ME MY REPORT!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Do you want to talk to them about your device? Ok! Wait on hold for 30+ minutes while obnoxious classical music blasts your eardrums. Even when you get them on the phone, they have no idea what they are doing and are extremely impatient. Go anywhere else. I don't know how they are still in business.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I don't have enough characters to provide details but this is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. Inconsistent and unjust fees, faulty reports to my DMV, being on hold for dozens of hours and inconceivably unorganized. The amount of my frustration for this company is incredible. As I write this I have been on hold for an hour and forty-three minutes. I am going to break my contract with this Mickey Mouse organization today no matter how much it costs me and notified my attorney. Save yourself the headache.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My son has used your Guardian Interlock system since Feb. '18 with all payments on time paid by me, and using my car, and without any failures. Yet in July '18 his license was suspended by MVD, creating one month without driving privileges or use of car. After weeks of complaints to your call service we finally learned that his report results hadn't been forwarded to MVD. In Sept '18 it happened yet again with a further month's loss of driving privileges and use of car, and still with a squeaky clean report, copies of which I have retained. Guardian Interlock has not even apologized or provided any explanation to date, resulting in our current plan to sue the company.

To date I have paid $748 for the privilege with a further visit due on Oct. 23 '18 and a payment of $171.12, but unless they have finally got their act together I am anticipating a further suspension. I shall be seeking an explanation and apology together with full reimbursement and costs. IN OUR CURRENT PLAN TO SUE THE COMPANY. To date I have paid $748 with a further visit on oct. 23 and payment of $171.12 due but unless they have their act together I anticipate a further suspension. I SHALL BE SEEKING FULL REIMBURSEMENT AND COSTS.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I had my interlock installed 11 days ago, and I have already experienced my first device malfunction. When I went to work yesterday, I noticed my serv days went from 20 to 1. I made several stops before and after work - no aborts or fails. I did not think anything of it. I tried to start my car today, and I am permanently locked out! I have been on hold with Guardian for over an hour combined (3 times calling, 20+ min hold each time). I am distraught because I cannot go back to the install place over 15mi from my house tomorrow. In the meantime, I just had to catch a Lyft and spend $ to get where I needed to be today. I have no idea what I can do! I am BEYOND UPSET!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

First unit had to be replaced 3 times. In the process the car required multiple jump-starts, a new battery and even had to get towed to the shop. It takes at least 2 hours to get a call back when I call Guardian directly and if I call the shop to make an appointment, they either don't understand the point of making an appointment and take me whenever they get around to it or they're not even there. This new unit is now giving false fail readings which necessitates me to cancel part of my workday to get the thing reset before I get locked out. Oh! And despite my repeated request to remove "insurance" from my monthly bill, they managed to bill me double for over a year. There was the monthly insurance charge and the daily insurance charge. Avoid this company at all cost!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I want to know if anyone else out there has had health issues since installation of Guardian Interlock Device. I have had to have many handsets exchanged due to malfunctions from faulty equipment. I have sat with my installer who went thru 7 devices on one date before he could find a working handset. Approximately 8 months after this device was installed I noticed changes to my tongue and mouth. I didn't think too much of this until Dec 2017 (1 year 1 month after original installation) when my mouth had become full of sores and pustules making it painful to eat solids and drink beverages hot or cold. So I went to the doctors and found out this was stomatitis (ie. thrush) of the mouth and throat.

I began a regime of medications that would not cure this. I ended up going to a Contagious Diseases physician who put me on a toxic dose of **. Lab results showed hep C so I started on a round of ** prescribed for 120 days. Within the first 60 days my blood results were normal so hep c was not keeping me from fighting the now diagnosed Candida Albicans. Because it never went totally away. And now it is back to painful everything with mouth sores and the only conclusion my Dr. can come to is the Interlock Device.

I reiterate I wash the mouthpiece every blow, but what is inside that device that has a sensor and does this company sterilize these refurbished units? She is pretty confident that this device harbors germs and when you inhale at the end of the blow you are being reinfected with the germs or in my case the fungus that in sensor. I know have to start another round of toxic ** to try to beat this. Anyone else out there had health issues??? Who regulates the safety to consumers of this device?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I want to start out by saying I literally NEVER write reviews. I want people to know why not to use Guardian Interlock. First off it took them 3 days, yes 3 days to install the device in my brand new car which is a push start. They had every excuse on why it was my car's fault and not theirs. Like okay idiots, shut up. This is your job and you're blaming my car instead of the fact you don't know how to install it. HA.

Once the device was finally installed I had issues pretty much weekly. It beeped at me telling me to shut my car off while driving 75 on the HWY, permalocked me out of my car (which cost me $54 to get a code to get it unlocked) just to drive to the auto place to get it reset, serving days were always jumping around from say 16 to -1 so I was having to go get my system reset 3-6 times a MONTH! Not to mention when I went to get the system reset they said it says I AM TRYING TO BYPASS IT!!! WTF!!! If you knew me you'd know I would never ever do that, plus how the hell would I even know how to do that.

This has cost me extra money and losing money due to missing so much work. Also their customer service line is so far from helpful, 95% of them are just completely rude and always say "I don't know" when I asked them questions!! All I can say is JUST DON'T GO WITH GUARDIAN!!! If you do you will strongly regret it. I promise!

Guardian Interlock response

I'm very sorry to hear of your experience, and would like the opportunity to investigate this further to see how we can help. I've sent you a private message requesting more information, so our management team can reach out to see how we can best assist you. Sincerely, Maggie.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

First off in my state I didn't get a choice on a provider of the Breathalyzer system that would have to be installed in my vehicle for 9 months to a year. With that being said I have had the worse luck with Guardian Interlock starting from day one. Let me explain all the way up today!! Worked one time after I left the shop that installed it. Next morning won't work, call Guardian Interlock. After two days of hassles they overnight a handset and new camera works great. Month goes by. Time for another unit. This time I have it for two months. Still no issues.

Times up. Get to my next handset and camara for another two months. No issues till almost the end of its term. Go out to my truck, turn the key backward to roll down windows and Guardian Interlock system makes a crazy sound. Starts throwing a code or two and now the truck won't start and windows won't go back up!!! Wow. Really. Immediately go inside my home and notify Guardian Interlock of the issue.

So following day I'm off to work (out of town). Come back maybe close to two weeks later and there is not battery life. So I have the truck towed to the installer of the Guardian Interlock system. They determined that the system was at fault and have a new system installed. Now the truck is running again. Bring it home the system is now on negative. 2 days and the new Guardian Interlock system handset and camera are on their way. I received the new unit, go to my truck, disconnected the old handset and camera (sitting in passenger seat), reinstalled the new handset and camera. I'm ready to go again. Here is where this all gets crazy, go to try new handset and it fail/violations me. This has never happened to me. Literally I pulled in driveway seen the new device on my porch so I hooked it up then that happened immediately. Disconnected it and reconnected the old one and it worked fine.

Called Guardian Interlock again and had them note the issue. They sent another handset and camera and working properly up to date. There's more. Had to tow the truck and then the shop charged me for the repairs of the faulty equipment. Guardian Interlock was to refund me tow and the repairs but today I find out they're not because they say my truck had low voltage. That's not possible. Prior to having Guardian Interlock installed we had just installed a new alternator and Optima high output battery not even a year old. Anyone that knows them batteries don't die. Also said I waited too long to have it repaired. I was working out of town. Wow!!! Obviously this is just a long rant but if anyone can keep from using this company I highly recommend doing so!!! They use horrible outdated faulty equipment. If it wasn't for me being self employed there's no way any employers would have dealt with the days of work I've had to lose. Just FYI!!!

Guardian Interlock response

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Unfortunately I didn't check around before I decided to have Guardian Interlock installed on my vehicle. The interlock has to be changed out each month. I've had the interlock a total of 4 months and every month has been a major ordeal getting the unit switch out. First month: installation tech said that unit can be changed 2 days after it was due but at midnight my car locked up, wouldn't start, and had to be towed to installer (cost=$100.00 for tow). It took the installer 3 days to install it during which time I had no vehicle. Month two: the unit didn’t arrive as scheduled. I called Guardian three times and was put on hold a minimum of an hour each time. It turns out FedEx sent the unit to wrong place. During this time I was without a vehicle almost two weeks waiting for the unit to arrive and then waiting for the installer to have time to switch out the unit.

I was upset about the ordeal so I called Guardian to see about going to a different installer since it took him almost a week to have enough time to switch out the unit (it only takes about 5 minutes) coupled with the fact that he is located an hour from my home. After waiting on hold for an hour I was told that the closest installer was almost two hours from my home. Now I am at month three... Unit was requested, paid for, and sent to installer but he doesn't install on Mondays even though my unit says it's day 0. He then told me that the unit wouldn't lock until - 2 days (just like he told at the beginning). I'm changing companies now no matter what it costs. I only hope my review helps somebody out there avoid this company.

Guardian Interlock response

Original review: July 24, 2018

I have a DUI charge and have 1 year suspension, follow an assessment program and must have an alcolock installed since Sept. 2017. The first 9 mo. were almost trouble free except when I had a cold. Now mid July 1st attempt always starts, subsequent test fail, up to 5 tests are needed and must pull off road. On expressway this is difficult and dangerous. This unit gives false errors like hum later when I did not start to blow, blow longer or harder or seems to actually block air flow. Are these repeat fails programmed in the unit? Don't know why after 9 mo. it is starting to give me problems.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I had to have an IID in my car for 3 months and it was awful. First of all the staff was completely rude, inappropriate and utterly incompetent. For starters my car which is a 2012 Honda Civic (I'm always on time with my servicing), has always been in great shape and passes inspections for my servicing appointments with flying colors and I always fix things that need to be dealt with.

I brought my car into Guardian (it was recommended to me by my lawyer), the second they installed the IID my car battery DIED. Literally never had a problem with the battery. They told me it was my alternator and they could give me a "deal" get an alternator and install it for about $300. I said ok, as I wanted my car for the week and had no way of getting it out of there except towing it a pretty significant distance if I wanted to go to my dealership (I should have just towed my car...). They put in a new alternator, and I was on my way. I didn't have too many problems with the breathalyzer, but after the first month my car battery died twice.

I had my dad take my battery out and charge it to see if that would help. I brought my car in for the first checkup (after 30 days), and all the sudden while all my pictures and blow tests are being uploaded all the men in the shop gather around the computer. The guy who owns the shop looks at me and says, "Have you ever seen Basic Instinct the movie? The camera is like pointed down and all the pictures are showing your legs hahaha". I was mortified! I was the only woman in the shop with 4 guys staring at my pictures, BEYOND inappropriate! He said, "We're going to have to fix your camera". I should have just left then, but it would have cost me almost $300.00 for an early uninstall fee and all the other BS they charge you, and then I would have had to tow my car to another company that does IID's and re-pay an install etc. It was only for 2 more months so I decided to just put up with it.

After about 2 1/2 months the handset totally dies in my car. I Ubered to Godfathers to get a new handset, after about an hour (with all the data lost mind you), they give me a new handset and I Uber back to my car. I plug the new handset in and an error message keeps popping up and malfunctioning. I called them (at this point I'm furious, and they accuse me of eating pizza or drinking etc.), I was literally in their office 20 minutes prior and given a handset and took an Uber to my car, they know full well I didn't have time to eat something and that I hadn't been drinking... It was Nonsense.

I Ubered back to their office give them the handset and they say, "Oh you know what so and so bought this in yesterday. Because it was malfunctioning I bet thats the same handset". Wow so you knew this was a piece of crap and you just put it in the bin with all the other handsets. Amazing. Finally I get a new one that works, and I Uber back to my car. Luckily I only had 2 weeks left with this thing but there was more fun to come.

3 months is over and my car continues to die, I brought it in to get the IID uninstalled ($285.00 when all was said and done, what a JOKE!, This is after I've been paying $125.00 a month for it). He tells me I need a new battery... Which is odd because apparently I have a brand new alternator so my battery should have been fine, right? I almost think they took my good alternator out to sell it or something, and replaced it with some garbage they had lying around.

I end up taking my car into my dealership a couple weeks after I got the IID removed to get everything looked at and they told me that they messed up some wiring, that the alternator was bad (shutting off intermittently. Mind you this is supposedly a BRAND NEW alternator), my battery is totally shot, I need a new drive belt (which could have been wear and tear) and my AC pulley needs replaced. Literally all MAGICALLY happened after taking my car to these buffoons, and having an IID in for 3 months. When all was said and done after labor and parts the total was about $2,000.00 in damages.

I was told having this thing in my car would do no damage thats a complete LIE. Luckily I had an extended warranty and everything with the exception of the drive belt was covered so I got extremely lucky. I just wanted everyone to know that Godfathers in Woodinville is awful. Don't go there. They will ruin your car. If you can go anywhere else besides Guardian I would recommend you do so.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I have had the interlock for over a year now, 2/22/17. I have NEVER had a fail!! It has left me stranded on Interstates 2 times that required a tow. Both times it was equipment failure. (One was a dead battery in the unit w/ no warning light.) I have had many times where the unit would not let me start the car and I had to wait the timeout to get started. AGAIN NO FAILURES! The unit has been replaced 6 times because it had gone bad. I have called customer service numerous times and been on hold every time for at least 45 min/ call.

They have been of no help and have even lied to me to get me off the phone. (This according to the techs that install these things.) And I found that they lied about entering/recording or keeping my calls and complaints on record. WORST customer service I have ever seen. I am a paying customer/ A CLIENT! I CHOSE to use Guardian rather than give up my license for the year!

The retest can come at very DANGEROUS TIMES, when in traffic and on the interstates! I even had to personally show up at their field office to get what they called VIOLATIONS removed from my record. THEY had reported them to the MVA as violations and they were NOT! They take MY money and show NO regard for my problems with their equipment, my or my family's safety, my time and work schedule, proper reporting to the MVA (which can remove me as they see fit), and can get away with lies to me and the MVA. I hear of many others with problems and I hope that these remarks will get them to stand up and speak their piece!

Original review: March 26, 2018

This is my "last straw" review after 3 months with the Guardian Interlock device in my vehicle. Since Dec 12, 2017, I have experienced 3 serious issues with the device leaving me stranded or unable to get to work. After investigation, all conclusions were that this is the device's fault, not mine or my vehicles. The company has not reimbursed me a penny (even after stating it is failure with their device) and I have incurred >$500 in towing fees, plus time from work, plus inevitable stress. I am shopping around for a new provider as this is stressful beyond words when trying to juggle my parallel pregnancy (I am currently 6 months pregnant) and have a full time traveling job. I will NEVER recommend and will be considering taking the company to court for, at the minimum, financial reimbursement.

Resolution response: Feb. 27, 2018

The owner of Utah Guardian, Chris, has since been in touch with me, was pleasant, and is working to help me out on this issue.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

For weeks I have been losing my days programmed to result in waking up in the morning to -5, -6 or even Perma-Lock. This is not vehicle specific. I have two vehicles and it happens on both. The owner of Guardian in Utah, Chris **, is very pleasant when convincing you to buy his product. But, he is a jerk to work with when his stuff doesn't work. Stay away!!! By his own admission, they used refurbished equipment. I met a tech in Vegas that said not only is it refurbished, when he worked there they didn't even field test any of it. He said they have tons of issues. But hey, they go home at night. Wait 'til you are by yourself and you can't go anywhere due to this product. They will not reimburse!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Well I don't know where to start but let see. First of all every time I get in my car I regret I didn't research other interlock devices because that is a mistake I will live with daily till I complete this sentence with the most sad poor excuse for a company. I mean to be honest it takes a lot and I mean a lot! For me to spend my time complaining about any company but this one is my very first one that I felt I had to do so with and that's saying a lot.

I mean they have super poor customer service and they do talk down to you. Super unprofessional. They make mistakes and try to convince you that it's your fault and then today they had the audacity to tell me do I want them to fix the problem or not! I'm like, "Yeah are you serious? Of course I need the problem fixed". You would think after you call them many many times and stayed on hold for hours they would have figured that out that yeah that's why I called to fix my problem I mean it's like they think I love to call them and bother them. I swear if I had no reason to call them I would never call them but unfortunately every time I end up calling them.

It’s one of the worst experiences not just sometimes but every every time. No lie and it's sad that I know to expect that because this company never changes. It progressively gets worse and worse and today it got to the point that I can't stay silent anymore. I know I can't quit them but I will be thanking God the day my hell with this company is over and I'm sure I'm not the only one. There is many many people that will be thankful for that day as well that go through the same hell that I go through so I know I'm not alone in this but like many say I hope this company goes out of business. Just saying. Does any company that conducts business the way they do has no business doing business.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Not enough time in my life to explain why this company does not even deserve a single star. I've had the interlock for 6 months and have yet to make it to the scheduled monthly service date without the thing stripping me of days and making me go in early just to give them extra cash to reset it. I had it literally for two days before calling them and telling them I must go to MN, from PA, for work for one month. They said, "no worries, when time for monthly service call us and we'll set it up for you in MN". I did, but had to do it two days after arriving in MN because it mysteriously dropped to 4 days and flashing "SERVICE". I called them from MN, 200 miles from home only for them to put me on hold for 35 minutes and finally say "we don't have any service stations in MN". (Later found out the state of MN had rejected their Co. and kicked them out, so to speak, for shoddy service beyond description).

Anyway, closest service was in Nebraska! Had to do it they said or the car will lock out and not run. So, made the 325 mile trip, the closest mind you, only to return to MN, the next day, and have it do it again. Not one word a lie!!! Returned to Nebraska two days later... Spending the cost for a hotel room twice, plus missing a total of 3 days work. Moving along, I've been semi local, within a 100 miles of home in PA for the past 4 months only to have had to take the device in for early service each time, minimum once, before each scheduled service. IT HAS NEVER LASTED A FULL TERM!!! I Have received my one year sober pin 2 months ago so they cannot say it's not working properly because of failed blows. Their excuse? I missing rolling blows. When it goes off while driving. BS!!! Come to find out, a few times I'd pull into my destination and it would go off before I was ready to shut the car off.

Well common sense would say no need to blow, I'm at my destination, and shut the car off right? WRONG!!! They want you to blow in it no matter. NICE! If only they would tell you these things that happen to make them money prior to you spending additional hundreds while pulling your hair out. They did finally, and literally laughed about it and the fact I had to drive to Nebraska twice because of it. This is funny to these people. I've so many stories but am getting worked up again so let me just finish with telling you I am now 140 miles from home, in Long Island, NY. Had a message on my way up here, two days ago that read across the screen "NO BASE". The car would not start. I started from scratch and it finally started and showed my service due at 16 days. Correct I thought, I just might make a service day without these cons getting extra out of me. NOT!

I went out to the car at lunchtime (already started it this morning to get to work, no problems), and there it flashed, "SERVICE DUE" 4 days remaining! WTH?? I called the number of the state office, I now know by heart only to get another ignorant woman that sounded like she was talking to me from home on the loudspeaker. The mention of this to her just ticked her off and she hung up after having me on hold for 20 minutes. People, this is no lie and no joke. These people and this company will not be around long, I pray, so save the time and go to another agency. PLEASE! Take my advice on this matter. I KNOW. And I want you to know I've only briefly touched on the hassles and blatant ignorance displayed by this outfit. There are other agencies that provide the interlock. USE ONE OF THOSE!!! If not...DON'T SAY YOUR WEREN'T TOLD. Good luck.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I am a business owner, and haven't touched a drop of alcohol in over 4-1/2 years. I drive roughly 1000 miles a week with frequent stops. A few months ago I had a Guardian Interlock installed on my company truck because my PO stated that if I would have a device installed on my vehicle, then by July 2018 he would lift all restrictions on me. I said no problem. So a few months ago I had a Guardian installed. The equipment that was put in my truck in Texas City Texas was worn out and frayed. The technician told me that it was because Guardian would not send him any new equipment.

After the second week everything started to go wrong. My truck went from 27 days to 0 overnight. This is awesome, because I work 7 days a week. So now my truck is shut down, and no shop to take it to on a Saturday afternoon. So the truck sits in my driveway. So much for making my appointments. Come Monday, the lady on the phone told me how to by-pass the system... The wrong way, so now I am totally locked out. But wait, this gets even better. After changing the system out, now I am at the shop every week to have it recalibrated because it keeps running down to 0 or to -3.

This week I have spent over 12 hours in 3 days taking this ** unit in to have it recalibrated and I am losing a ton of business because of it. Now keep in mind, I don't drink, and will never touch the stuff again. But I told Guardian that I want this piece of crap out of my truck and changed over to another system, of which they own, and they refuse to do it without a court order. Well, I didn't have a court order when I had it installed. So I told them that they had one of two choices come Monday. Either they can take it out, or I will. And if I take it out, it will go in the trash. I don't give a ** about their ** contract. Bite me.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Never use Guardian! Their devices are garbage! I've been stuck on many occasions because it reads "abort" and after so many tries it will lock you out. Mind you I blow into this POS the same way EVERY time! I've never had a fail, but one day it left me and my son sitting in the cold for damn near 30 minutes in the cold. Don't bother calling their CS department. It takes an hour minimum for them to answer. Then they are rude and don't ever offer ANY assistance! If I knew I wouldn't have to shell out well over a grand for a new one I'd take a hammer to this thing!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I've had this device installed for 3 days, very slow warm up process, had to go through plenty of HUM ABORTS. I was told before getting an IID installed to watch out that it kills your battery. After installation and training on using the device I asked the installer if it really does drain your battery and he said no. That it goes into sleep mode? I thought okay cool.

Last night driving down the freeway with my little one in the back seat, freeways about 60MPH it alarms me to take a retest. As soon as I pass the retest my car went out of control. I was thrown across the freeway in every direction not being able to stop. I somehow thankfully managed to dodge hitting other cars. I saw one car go sideways trying to avoid being hit by me. I was swerving across all of the lanes. At one point I was sideways facing the barrier and I thought we were going to hit it. (I had lost all control to the car, my power steering, my breaks, my lights were going dim) my car spun around and almost flipped to the side. And finally stopped sideways in the middle of the freeway. luckily I had been swerving long enough the traffic behind me had slowed down.

Some kind, people eventually stopped risking their lives on the freeway to push my car to the side of the freeway. My lights were out at that point. Device wouldn't turn on. Window wouldn't go up, had to manually lock the doors. I left my car there and went back the next day with a different battery. Replaced the battery and the device turned on, I passed the test and my car started. I called the Guardian Interlock hotline and they were rude and claim that it had nothing to do with their device that their device uses as much battery as a clock. I have an appt to get the device uninstalled ASAP. I refuse to put my kids' lives at risk and will deal with the courts. I wish I had taken the time to read the reviews first as they are all 1 star reviews all stating the same thing about killing the battery. DO NOT USE GUARDIAN INTERLOCK!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Divide codes no base or 6tzs, technician replace it 3 times because of device fault but headquarters start that device is fine. So I never get reimbursed my towing money and when you call you need to wait more than 1 hour.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Horrible, Condescending, rude! A total equipment nightmare. Antiquated equipment. I only wish I did research before going with this co. I cannot believe the way their State office handles calls. Hermane, was rude and extremely condescending. He did All the talking and not allow me to say a word. HOURS on hold. Deliberate hang ups by reps, hoping I would think it was a drop call. I feel they know you are already in a compromised situation and they are taking full advantage of it. Terrible! Don't go with this company! I wish I did the research first!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Guardian is one of the most highest expensive devices out there! They overcharge everyone differently. Now they Overcharged my card and if I stop payment I could find problems with my report because of them! Now I found a device nearly 1/2 the cost and can't just go and have this ridiculous device removed without more costs. RMV miserable people to get a form from... NO ONE HONEST TO HELP!

PLEASE people look into several companies first. Ask about the TOTAL monthly costs, if they honor the courts 30 day (I have to go every 28 days because garage set it up to gain 2 more months of payments with Guardian in the long run), and have them TELL YOU ABOUT ALL POSSIBLE fees that might occur I.e. rolling fee (which means not only do you have to listen for the beep to blow BUT NEED TO LOOK AT IT IF IT DOESN'T BEEP BUT IS LIT UP)... I didn't know this and went to park and shut it off just before it sounded and Guardian charged me an extra $45! I pay $123 per month for 2 years and to have to pay all these unregulated fees is greedy dishonest people! The other company I called is $85 TOTAL for each month and with a 5 day grace period and treat you like a person.

I feel that the RMV is also to blame now that I want to have this device switched and what they told me I'd have to do in order for that to happen is like fighting Congress. Well live and learn. The penalties don't stop there... Your insurance goes over double and yet we have a Interlock installed!!! It's how this country works anymore. Greed greed greed!!! Good luck and yes driving is a privilege but it shouldn't cost you over and over!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I have had the Guardian Interlock for 3 months now, I have had 9 handsets, had to have my car towed, rewire the set. The state office is closed on weekends. I have lost my job due to not being able to start my car due to their junk equipment. I just got another 1 and does not work. #10, all not due to my fault. How can someone run a business this way. I start a new job Monday and good thing I still have the old 1. Lawyers and courts do not care. I had it.

Guardian Interlock Company Information