Guardian Interlock

Compare Auto and Truck Accessories

Research top Auto and Truck Accessories recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

If I could put no stars, I would. I have had the misery of having this device for a year. The first month the problems were countless, I was constantly getting stranded because the device would not turn on. The Guardian Customer Service Line is the worst customer service I've ever experienced with any company, in my entire life. They don't care if your car starts, they are basically there to answer the phone, listen to you complain, and then direct you to take your car in to get looked at. Or they might say that it's your car battery, this device drains your battery, esp. if you leave it plugged in while you're not driving (ex. overnight, etc.).

I urge you to go with another company. I lost an incredible job because I could not make it on time often due to my car not consistently starting. I've had it towed over five times and today, am having it towed again. It worked fine this morning, and then four hours later it wouldn't even turn on. None of these devices are going to be perfect, far from it, but Guardian is by far the WORST interlock that you could get for your car. I am writing this review in hopes that I can prevent at least one person from dealing with this terrible company, terrible device and worst of all, the customer service.

I had the unit installed at a local dealer here in Aberdeen, Washington around the month of October or November of 2015 and then on the 9th of December I had the scheduled maintenance day and it started acting up and making my vehicle as well difficult to start, and seems to now acting in a way that it never had before the unit was installed. I was eventually beginning to become more and more frustrated with unit because there was no need for a abort or anything on my part that would cause this unit not to let me pass... At one moment I looked at the unit and it said running. I thought that it meant that my vehicle was running, but that is not what it meant. The service provider told me that it only should've said that if it were plugged into the computer that does the calibrations.

I was then having to take the vehicle in for another service, charge of 32.00 dollars and then a few days later again the same 3 thing happened. I ended up waiting on the scheduled service day to take it back to get serviced, because I could not afford to keep paying the money like that on every 32 or 4 days... After the service scheduled day, I insisted that I was given a new handset because I am not going to keep having difficulties with the previous one originally given to me. I then left the service center and again the truck has been running insufficiently and talk about stressed out. I am very low income and it takes everything extra that I receive from my disability benefits to keep my driving status current and legal... I am scared to death that the interlock I currently have now will cause me to actually be in violation without my knowledge or voluntary participation in it.

I have filed a petition with the court to see what there is that I can do to have it replaced by a different company... When I tried (as well as my attorney) to contact the Guardian company and ask them for a resolution, I had gotten nothing but negativity, saying that I must not be using the device correctly, or that I must be trying to falsify the reports and the unit would not be doing as I described, it is my human error. I'm frustrated and confused on how this would be beneficial to the people that are truly trying to become and stay legal drivers. It's like you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. If I have it removed early to go to another company (service center) then I have to pay 150.00 to have early termination and then another 150 someplace else to re-enter a unit from that company in my vehicle...and of course the Guardian company will not reimburse any of my cash that I have paying to them for a faulty device..

I drive a diesel. I think that sometimes that the unit is not properly installed and calibrated for such a vehicle... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also in the comments part of my read out that you get after it has serviced says..."Due to increased security measures, retraining may be required. Please see your service technician for details." Model # AMS2000, serial # 47450, piece of junk (in my opinion).

Thank goodness I only have two months. I am on my second under dash unit and fourth handset, soon to be fifth because I can barely hear this one. Towed to the service center twice, although Guardian did pay for the first one. Stranded a few times off hours. A few days after I had it installed it died on me in an intersection and had to be towed. So many false fails I've lost count. Customer Service is one of the poorest I've encountered. One day while at the service center I was chatting with another client who had to travel 60 miles to my center because his local center discontinued the service due to poor quality and service. The guys at my center admit it units are a piece of crap! My advice is to shop around. I went with the low price and I have gotten what I have paid for. For the last 22 months I have felt like a victim, not a client!

My first two years of having their machine I have had lots of problems. One day ten aborts before I could start my car. Another time four rolling checks in one mile. Later another time six rolling checks in less than two miles. I was given one handset that looked like it had been through a war. The case was coming apart so I took it into the shop and was accused of tampering with the unit. I was then informed of the legal action that they could start against me. My most recent problems started two days after the handset was re-calibrated. Two days later I went out to start my car and the battery was dead. I knew I was not to Jump my battery so I disconnected the battery to recharge it. I did not know that disconnecting the battery sent an error message that I was tampering with the device.

The battery died the next two days so I bought a brand new battery. Two days later that battery was dead. I charged the battery for about four hours. I started the warm up of the device. When it said blow, I did. The pass came on when I went to start the car. The battery died and everything went black. I disconnected the battery to recharge it. The next day my handset went from 40 days to -1. I went and got it reset for $25.00 and a speech about how I needed more practice on blowing the machine. Guardian said that they never have had battery problems (LIE).

Guardian has two answers to any problem: (1) you're an idiot and aren't doing it right (drunks are morons). (2) being the criminals that you are, you most be trying to beat the machine. I understand that what I did was wrong and I have to pay for what I did. This is more punishment not monitoring. Lesson learned: no matter what you do or how hard you try to do the right thing you will always be a criminal.

Had to have an Interlock device installed in my fairly low mileage 2002 Ford F-150. First month went by fairly smooth except for my computer throwing various, intermittent codes that made no sense, and all sensors were checked and none faulty. Second month, generic control module went out. I know these F-150s have a reputation for that problem, but my vehicle was approaching 100k and had been taken back to forth where they inspected it and even added extra sealant around the driver's side/front lower window and body seam just to appease me. We had NO rainfall the previous two weeks prior to this happening. I chalked it up as bad luck.

Third month, I had to replace the GCM again and the engine management computer and had several faulty wiring issues which cost me approx. 1,200$ in just parts. I am a certified mechanic myself. They spliced power wires and other feed wires directly into the GCM and engine management computer wiring, and several other places. This CANNOT be a coincidence, I have NEVER had any issues with my vehicle, electrical nor mechanical. The tech that installed it just said "I don't know. It could be the problem, you will just have to wait until it's removed and see if they persist." What a **. I live in TN where it is required to have the monitoring or you cannot drive nor can you get the restrictions pulled. At this rate I will have to sell my vehicle just to pay for the repairs. Crazy, crazy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Interlock?

I got a Guardian Breath Analyzer back in March of 2015 and it looked like it has been through a war all dinged and deep scratches on the screen and the side of the hand held device like someone has beating it on a hard surface. So when I got this install I would be able to start my vehicle up without even blowing into it. Also it would do different things like it would say over temp or beep. I can go on and on. So I called Audio Itch in Tampa, Fl and after I called them about the device was defective and letting them know that whoever had this unit before me really banged it up really good. But they couldn't care less that I wanted to get a new device after 1 1/2 months of hell with the unit. After calling Guardian about 5-7 times they would have the State director call me (Still Waiting).

But after the month and a half I begged and threatened Audio Itch to sue them and Guardian for giving defective equipment while they all get a cut of the $53.00 that you have to pay to get the device reset. I talked to 6 other people and they said they had to pay 6-10 times. I was shocked to hear this and after doing a little multiplication in my head this is a huge amount of money that Guardian, the State and Dealership make each year just to reset the device. Know just think how would you feel if the device was defective. Wouldn't that make you upset and want to sue them. Well I'm going to sue Guardian for this reason. To file a class action Lawsuit I would need more people who went through or still going through this. Please let me know. Thank you.

Had to have a Guardian device installed for 6 months. First month, everything went fine. Then during my first check in, they said the software in the device wasn't working correctly so they gave me a new handset. From that time on, it never worked correctly and would "abort" almost every time that I tried to blow into it. Had my car towed to try to get the issue figured out and they continually told me that I was the issue, not blowing in correctly (even though the first month I had no issues at all). Had about 4 different handhelds and none worked. So about 2 months in, decided to not even try driving because it wasn't worth getting a potential violation from too many tries and it not working, so took cabs everywhere. My advice would be to look for alternatives (or just not drive) rather than go through the emotional and financial troubles I experienced.

This has to be the worst product by the worst company anywhere. I have been stranded, locked out, have many fails and I don't even drink anymore. Their customer service is even more of a joke. They are rude, incompetent, and in some instances flat out lied to me. I have missed work due to this company and basically have gotten the runaround since day one. Now it's time to get the device removed and this has become more of a nightmare. I could tell the whole story but I would be typing characters for who knows how long. I could certainly see a class action lawsuit against these crooks at some point and time in the near future.

Had this ** ass machine installed on Friday because I didn't blow at a traffic stop over TWO YEARS AGO! Maryland MVA will suspend your license for 120 days for refusing! I need my car to work my new job and was ordered to have this dumbass thing in my car for a year. Less than 48 hours the device isn't working. Called Guardian's "24/7 Customer Support" and the recording says they're only open M-F 8 am-10 PM. I went to work on Sat 12 AM. Unplugged the device as told because since it's cold it will take the device to warm up. Plugged the device in and nothing showed on the display but several dots. Called another company and the technician said that the device is faulty and has to be replaced because he's done plenty of these issues.

Called to find a shop open today so that I can get to my other part time job and was told I had to wait until Monday. Called my insurance company who said that there's no tow company that can fit into my employer's garage! GUARDIAN IS GOING TO REIMBURSE MY LOST WAGES, TOWING FEES AND REIMBURSE THE MONEY I PAID TO INSTALL THIS **. TRUST ME ON THIS!

I have been using a Guardian Interlock system since May of 2015 and getting acquainted with this device was difficult. I nicked named the car the "Beast" due to the learning process of using the device and I am still learning due to the past 2 violations that happened to me during the past 4 months due to not paying any attention. Waiting for the device to pass me I decided to try to start the car. Calling Guardian to have the device bypassed to have a emergency appointment to reset the device. Waiting to talk to a customer service representative could have a 20 minute wait or you might get lucky and have someone pick up the phone right away.

I think that this type of violation is not warranted paying out $53.00. More dollars to reset the device is criminal due to a honest mistake. So I decided to come here to read all of the complaints that everyone has to offer and after reading about all the experiences here with Alcolock I have decided to stay with Guardian. I have never had any false positives and my device is installed correctly. These devices are not a toy. I just need to pay more attention instead of shelling out more money to keep myself on the road.

Ok, I know I got a DUI. I am not saying that I didn't. But this device is junk. All I get is ABORT! I'm so stressed out over it. Stuck on the side of the road twice now & I've had it for 3 days. I'm meeting them at 3 today to find out what to do. Idk what to do. DO NOT BUY THIS DEVICE!!!!

NO stars for this company or product. This is 2015 and this is the best device anyone can come up with? I'm sure with the installation fees, monthly monitoring fees and the money from your franchising there should be more than enough money to develop a product that is better than what you market now. I accepted my responsibility and accountability for my mistake for DUI and living a sober life is much better for me and everyone else involved, but judging from the MANY comments on this site your product is an outdated POS and you folks need to put more resources and money into someone that can develop a better product. I'm sure you read these reviews and you have to agree it's not some isolated issues with a few of your CUSTOMERS. Yes, we are YOUR CUSTOMERS no matter how we came to use your service we still pay you for what you provide and I'm here for my turn to say your product is junk.

I went with Guardian after having them recommended to me by a friend. When I had the device installed, it took SIX hours when I was told it would take two tops. After having the device for less than a month, I went to start my car one day. I live in Phoenix, AZ and had been warned about leaving the device in the heat so I had unplugged it and put it in my purse as the shop technician had recommended. When I plugged it in, the device wouldn't start at all, not a single light or noise. I called the 1-800 number and the lady told me to plug in and unplug the device rapidly 3 times in a row. This did not work and I was now pouring buckets of sweat in 112 degree heat.

I asked if they had anyone nearby that could help me, she tells me the nearest shop is closed till Monday (it's Friday at 5 pm). The best she can do is set up an appointment FREE OF CHARGE (if they had charged me I would have gone ballistic) for the next day. The next day, I get a friend to take me to my appointment since I still can't start my car. The technician was nice but he couldn't get into his Guardian account and I had to sit in the office with him for over an hour while he was put on hold. He finally got it figured out and I got a ride to my car and all was well.

Fast forward to January when I receive a court notice for "Failure to Show Proof." When I had gotten the device the techs and the people at the 1-800 number told me that they fax the monitoring reports to the courts and MVD every time I come in for calibration. When I got my court order I found out that Guardian had not submitted a single thing to them in the 3 months I had the device, the only record they had was the installation report I had faxed them. I called the 1-800 number and they told me that I would have to go to my service center to have the paperwork sent in. So, I go to the service center and the guy behind the counter who clearly couldn't care less tells me he sent them the paperwork.

I give it a few days and call the court, nothing. So I call corporate again, get the same answer and return to the service center. Where the same guy tells me I need to call corporate to have the papers sent and he can't send them from the shop... what. Finally I get him to print each one of my monitoring reports and end up sending them to the court myself. Around this time, I was moving to Sacramento, CA. I called to ask what I needed to do, they said all I needed to do was schedule my next appointment in California which they arranged for me. One week before the appointment I call the California service center to request a different time and the guy tells me I'm nowhere on their schedule and I have to call corporate to get transferred.

Northern California apparently has a different call center or region than Arizona and the Northern California people were actually quite fantastic. Once I got in touch with them and the man at the service center I went to out there was an absolute gem. I wish I never had to go anywhere else. But California was temporary for me and I had to return to AZ. Since my return here, my Guardian service center is now also a Lifesaver service center. Every time I go in for a monitoring appointment which used to take no more than ten minutes, I'm there at least 30. Today, I needed to take my car in for maintenance, I called the 1-800 # and the automated system said the hold time was 30 minutes so rather than doing that, I checked the website which said just to keep the receipt to show that it wasn't a tampering event.

The mechanic called the 1-800 # for bypass code and the 1-800 number told him he had to call the actual service center. The service center's phone number is disconnected... This is the phone number I pulled from the monitoring report they gave me 6 days ago. I called the 1-800 number again and the rudest woman I have ever spoken to talks over me to begin telling me they need to fill out an affidavit according to state law. The mechanic deals with interlocks for different companies on a daily basis and he says he's never had to do paper work, normally they just give him the code over the phone. Out of curiosity, I called the MVD. It's not state law. Anyway, the rude lady on the phone decides at this point to put me on hold while I'm mid sentence... The line then cuts off 3 minutes later.

I called back to speak to a supervisor to be told that the supervisor has to listen to the call then call me back. The supervisor calls me and says "Well the system says you hung up, everyone's entitled to their own opinion but she didn't hang up on you." I asked her if she had listened to the call and she tells me she had and that the rep "must have just been having one of those days." I get the thing removed in 3 weeks and I'm dreading that appointment because I already foresee it being another series of the runaround. Save yourself the headache and use someone else. I've heard excellent things about Smartstart and their warm up time is super quick whereas the Guardian device takes up to 5 minutes to warm up and at least another minute to analyze.

I have never had such terrible customer service. They advertise 24/7 help... That's incorrect. Their machines are poorly made and have left me stranded on many accounts. It has even failed me after drinking coffee... This place only has customers because it's ** required for them to use this company. So disappointed in people who rip others off blatantly. ** Guardian Interlock!!

Installed the interlock device in my car. 1 day later the device had a malfunction, showing in the screen that the ignition was off while the car was running. Had a lot of trouble trying to take the car back to the Guardian Interlock agent in Miami Gardens, Florida. Finally when I got to the service center, the people there did not believe the device had a problem, they kept saying it was my fault for not doing it right. They did not check the system, just reset the device and told me I am good to go. 3 blocks ahead, the device started showing the ignition was off again while the car was running. I had to go back to the service center and almost beg the guy to come with me and drive the car. At the end the guy accepted that the device had a technical problem. They replaced the device for another one.

2 days later I am having a lot of problems with the device, it take between 8 to 10 time before the device can take a good sample to analyze. I am doing everything correctly, the device is definitely not working properly. I just called twice to Guardian Interlock. First time they put me on hold and then they cut off the call. I called for a second time and the person told me that they will reset the device again, which I refuse. I told them I lost 2 days of work. They changed one device already, I am not willing to lose more time or try more devices. I need full refund because their devices are not working.

They said they have to charge me for uninstallation and early termination fee for the contract, which I refused. They said I need to speak with the state director named "Paul." They put me on hold and after 10 minutes, the lady pick up the phone to tell me that he is not in the office, that they will call me on Monday. Now I am stuck at home. I will be stuck at home during the weekend without having a car to use. This is the worst experience of customer service I ever had. Bad service on the phone, bad service with their service center and broken devices. They only care about your payment. Avoid this company at all cost.

The Guardian cannot be installed on my 2013 Ford C Max, keyed ignition vehicle. This is very disappointing because I have to purchase another vehicle to pass the 1 year probation period. A product used so universally should be available for all vehicles.

I have had this for a year and a half. Year one, had to replace starter and alternator when the actual problem was the device burnt up and the guy came from Columbia SC came to my home to fix it. Year 2015, the device has failed me twice due to me pumping gas. Had to call the company in Columbia SC because I was stuck at gas station. Went to Columbia SC for my monthly calibration and the guy gave me another device and set it for my 30 day appt. By the time I got home 45 minutes later it had reset itself back to 5 days. Called them and they said I had to bring it back to see the problem.

So I had to go right back up there same day, more gas and miles on my car. No offer of gas money or anything. The guy said I must have failed a retest and he checked and no I passed it so he gave me another one. ALSO 2 months ago, went to the gas station. Went in, came out to blow and the device would not turn on. Called them. He came from Columbia and it was the handset again. So last Friday night,1130 pm, I got off work and it was the HANDSET AGAIN.

Had to call my 65-year old neighbor out of bed to come get me and then I called them this morning and they said the earliest to come here would be Wednesday, and asked me if i could bring it to them and I said, "I could not. I have been stranded repeated times this year and I do not know if these devices are refurbished or not but I have lost time from work and gas to and from for multiple trips there because of this."

Several issues with the device. I was told I would receive a discount due to the trouble. I called to confirm my discount. They said it was good to go. Had my appointment today. No discount and there is no one at Guardian on the weekend to help with this situation. If it wasn't such a pain I would switch companies. Avoid this company. I have lost time, work, and money beyond what was court ordered. I have no issue with my court ordered penalties but suffering extra losses due to manufacturer and customer service incompetencies is like being kicked when you're down.

I just had the alcolock interlock device - just taken out of my car after 6 long months. My DUI happened in 2010 and my case finally went to court Dec 2014. So here I was on probation and wanted to get this device put in right away granted my license was still valid. I am at the Interlock location in Sunrise Florida not knowing that my license needed to be suspended first to which then I could apply for the hardship license is the day the interlock starts. I asked them if they could remove the device and I would come back once the suspension takes place? They said they could but it will be another fee on top of the $100 I just paid along with the reschedule fee. I was pissed so I said "just keep the ** in."

It was now January, no suspension and I had to go in and pay another $100 for calibration that's still won't count because my license was still valid. I got in the horn and called my attorney to call the state of Florida to get this suspension started which they did in February. I got in for the calibration and the days start now. Thank God.

The device to me was quite simple since I watched tons of YouTube videos on how to blow and hum at the same time. I am in my 3rd month when the device gave me a fail and I couldn't figure out why. The only thing I drunk before I left was some cranberry juice and I am thinking that was the issue so my time dropped from 21 days to 7. So I go in, had to pay $75 and explain what happened and they sent me on my way. Now it's month 4 I am leaving work, did the start up test, passed. So I am stuck in traffic and decided to smoke my hookah cigar and the liquid got in my mouth the same time it was time to test and it failed telling me to pull over, turn off car and wait 30mins. I did drunk all the water I had and started car with no problems. I go to place, pay another $75 and explain what happened and was told I will receive a letter from the state of Florida and if I get another fail I will get extended.

I got letter and was told I had to go to counseling until the device was out and had to pay $25 a session - more money. I was thinking for these next two months I am going to live my life through that device. No eating, drinking anything other than water for the next 2 months which is what I did and I didn't have any problems and now thank god it's out and my car seems to be running better. To everyone on here I have read all the comments and I really feel sorry for what everyone is going through because I know how depressing this device can be. The only advice I can give is to live by that device, drink plenty of water and have a water jug with you at all time in the car. No eating, putting on cologne until after you have shut off car and properly turn off device. You shouldn't have any issues. Until then good luck and this will pass. Good luck.

I just had a breathalyzer installed on my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. I've had it for only a week and a half and here is my experience so far. While being installed, I could overhear the mechanic and secretary whispering to each other that they couldn't get it to work. RED FLAG!! After 2 hours, they say I'm good to go and it took so long because the equipment is "sensitive." I actually took this as a good sign. I figured since this is court mandated with State oversight, the equipment and program must be top notch. Oh, how wrong I was!! It worked fine for that day. Next morning, took 6 times to get it to work. Kept giving abort codes. 2 days later, the device started beeping at random while driving and saying "Off, unplug unite." You could hear my ignition switch clicking over and over again while driving.

I call the service center and tell them the unit is malfunctioning. I immediately am met with hostility and accusations of me drinking and tampering with the device by the secretary. I remain calm and explain again what's happening and I'm told I need to bring the handset in to be looked at so they can see what is wrong. Of course, this was explained in an accusatory tone. Oh, this is in regards to a DUI I received 3 years ago, and I've been sober since then. Next day, I go to start my truck to go to the service center and miraculously, the amount of days until service went from 27 to minus 2. WHAT THE HECK!! Go to service center, get accused of nonsense by some washed out secretary. They plug the handset into their computer and my how quick their tone changed!! It's a faulty unit with a bad computer they say. Now they are all smiles and sorry's. They take 45 minutes to put a brand new unit in. GOOD TO GO!! NOT!!!

Right there in the parking lot, the new unit says minus 2 days till service still. The mechanic gets confused and swears it just said 27 days 5 mins ago. Truck goes back in so they can put a new base in too (why they didn't do that the first time is beyond me). That was 2 days ago. No problems for 2 days. Everything's good I'm thinking, I'm not angry, things happen and I had a faulty unit. Move on up I say. Well guess what? MY TRUCK IS NOW STRANDED AT A GAS STATION PERMANENTLY LOCKED OUT, WHILE I SIT AT HOME TYPING THIS!! I went to the gas station to grab some lunch. I had just done a rolling retest 10 minutes prior. I get out, go in, grab a soda and chips, come back out in less than 2 minutes. Get ready to go and this darn thing starts beeping all crazy saying "ABORT TURN ENGINE OFF." I turn the engine off and it says PERMALOCK.

So, now I'm mad, my truck won't start and I have to go back to work. I get a ride back to work (just about .5 mile away) and call the service center. They tell me to call Guardian and they can walk me through bypassing the system so I can drive it over to get looked at. Of course I can only go there between certain hours (which are my working hours meaning I have to take time off work). I call Guardian. They say they have no idea why the service center would tell me that as bypasses are not allowed in my state. I have to leave my truck stranded at the gas station tonight, take the handset in to the service center to have it "reset." I tell them "once my truck starts, I will be coming over so you can remove this p.o.s. from my vehicle and I'll go do business elsewhere." Their reply, "We will not remove it without a court order." WTF did you just say!!

I call the court and my probation officer tells me they are lying and have no legal right to say or do that as the vehicle is MY private, personal property. The court says they could care less who I have on through, as long as I have one. The judge told me to just schedule an installation with a different company. The same day, I have it uninstalled and there will be no problems. So I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be a stressful day as I know (by reading these posts) that I have a battle ahead of me. Bottom line, do not go to guardian. Under any circumstances!! In fact, we all need to pony up and Sue the clowns. Uuugghhh.

Only had this device for about a week, and it's left me stranded 3 times. Guardian does not do anything for you when this happens. This is fraud in my opinion, saying the device can do something it cannot- period. Oh by the way, I think one of the customer service employees I spoke to was drunk, sure as hell sounded like it. My car was perfectly fine before this was installed, now getting it to start is pot luck. I do not appreciate this service & had read too many bad things about interlock malfunctions to be surprised. Waste of my money and time, I'm not allowed to make excuses so why should they and why am I paying for a broke down vehicle? ** you and put this up your ass and blow then inhale, it might work better. Who knows?

I've got no problem with BRAC levels and all zero readings. I've used the same device before for 8 months so I know how it works and have reviewed all the lame videos (even though they don't demonstrate the blow, hum, suck nonsense). 2007 Saturn. They claim this device (ams-2000) is state of the art. Looking back at patent filings this piece of junk goes back to the late 90s. Lets see... Random service resets. Multiple calls to the driver's service... no response, and I always receive their voice mail... yet $25 each time... Violation listed as tampering.. No clear response given.

I get it calibrated... drive home. 2 hours later... service date goes down to 2 days... I take it back and the guy just resets it (this time for free). I've asked multiple times for a replacement headset but am denied every time (that would imply that something might be wrong with the device). No base messages... Unable to start the car due to a LED read out of No Base... I do an Indian rain dance and it magically starts 20 minutes later. Now... I'm sure this really is a state of the art device which never fails as they claim. However, in reality, there are technical issues with it. They will NEVER admit that however and there is no neutral 3rd party to assist.

Yesterday morning my truck had a flat tire. Needless to say it stayed parked until this morning after I aired the tire up. Interlock said 7 days until next appointment. I went to the tire shop, parked and was asked to move the truck in the bay. As I started the reading was -5 and again as I moved it out of the bay. Went around the corner to the Interlock provider and was told, I tried to start the truck the day before from 6.30 am to 8.15 am and missed rolling tests and refused to blow. The device was unplugged from the time I parked the truck two days earlier until I started it this morning 26 after this so called read out occurred. I have the only set of keys.

The truck was parked in my driveway in a remote area with 13 dogs inside and outside. Our driveway is in plain sight of the house and the yard. Nobody touched my truck or used the keys for over 36 hours. The device was unplugged by myself leaving the vehicle and reconnected upon entering. The Lady in the service provider’s office called me flat out a liar or maybe being senile. During the time frame in question, I was mowing about a 1/4 acre of weeds, feed 10 dogs, took a shower and used FB messenger on my phone. All this can be confirmed by my roommate who was in my company most of the time, feeding dogs too and eating breakfast. Any explanation for this or anybody had the same experience?

I got the Guardian Interlock system installed in November. I have rarely driven since. I would blow and inhale 120 times and maybe pass 12 times. One of the times I got stranded an hour from home in 18. I froze my blank off. I tried everything I could think of to make it work!!! I cried so many times out of frustration. I'm going to tomorrow to try SmartStart. God I hope it work. I, like many of the other people, had my days to calibration changed for no reason. I never had a fail but if you abort 7 times you get locked out for 10 min the time, 20 min the second time. For some reason my husband got it to work on a fair regular basis. The machine gives you no feedback, if you're blowing too hard or too soft or anything. This SUCKS!!!

I had this piece of crap installed in my 2005 Ford Expedition and it has been nothing but problems and now it went from 34 days till service to - 5 days till service and now it says perm lock? And it's Sat I can’t move until Monday. This is such BS. They said I had a positive reading? I haven't had any alcohol in my body in over 20 years and the original DUI was for Zanax.

I went into the office in Sunrise FL to get a installation. I got the install, 2 weeks later my vehicle had a bad electrical problem. I then took my vehicle to the dealership where they diagnosed the vehicle had a electrical short. After the dealer found the problem it was the connection of the breathalyzer that shorted out my engine control module which is my computer. Dealer specified that this company had a list of vehicle damages even in other states where they conduct business. I have hired an attorney and will take them to court. My advice to customers is to don't trust this company. Terrible service and tremendous vehicle damages on record. Look into another company. I was at an AAA meeting and speaking with other clients they stated there was another provider 2 minutes away from them that they never had a problem or any issues and technicians were certified.

☆☆☆☆★ Do not go with Guardian ignition interlock. It is pain in a ass. Can't get my car started. All it says is abort. No fails - just abort.

Can't get my car started. Wife can't either. All it says is abort. No fails - just abort.

I’m glad I had low cost. I thought they were not good. They are pricey but the car will start with up to .0299 BAC. If you do a bad test, it locks you out for 3 min on the first fail. 1 hour for the second fail. All the units have an override code... Advice; always buy the insurance for these types of services.

Is it Guardian Interlock, or Alcoholic, or Lifesafer? The names and games keep changing. It must be nice to have state support and captive customer base. Combine ancient technology, worthless customer support, government support and new laws passive to put this is more cars for longer, and negative public opinion of DUI's and this company has a perfect recipe for profits. There is no reason for them to care as you're stuck with them.

Again, the age old story... you drove drunk you deserve it.. Yes... But in IL at least, just getting to the point where you can have one of these, sometimes requires an extreme amount of hard work, counseling, rehab, AA etc. I for one have been through all the above and have been sober for > 2 years. I'm not worried about blowing positives or even false positives for I just follow the guide and don't eat/drink anything even remotely before/around this thing. The problem I have is the false positives for disconnects or 'bypasses'.. Nothing in the training about how to avoid those..

Standard answer... get a new battery. Got a new battery the last time you told me to. Standard answer... car must be in working condition... hmm the car seemed fine without this in there given it only has 37K miles on it. Could it be your dated hardware and overprotection against tampering be the cause? Nahh of course not it only fails 1 in 10 million times per our own tests. After all no need to have a 3rd party oversee this.

Anyway... I'm not sure if any of these vendors are better than any others. My guess is quality and service will decrease when the competition for new customers/margin increases. There's simply no incentive for these companies to be good companies. Hell there is incentive for them not to be... ie. Service Resets... Violation costs...etc. Until there is a neutral 3rd party involved... this will run rampant.

Guardian Interlock Company Profile