Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.28/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

196 Guardian Interlock Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I’ve had my Interlock for 4 months now and the first two months weren’t a problem. Then in November my vehicle dies while I’m driving home and I almost run into someone. I had AAA come and check my battery and my alternator and they were fine. Finally I thought to disconnect and reconnect my device and boom, I’m able to start my vehicle again... This has happened twice now and it shows on the report that I’ve disconnected twice as if I were trying to tamper with the device.

The other issue I’m having is it takes over a month sometimes for the state to get the readings from my uploads. I am eligible to get off Interlock early (December 19th) but the state has still not gotten my upload from November, so I have no idea when/if I will be able to get it uninstalled. This is affecting my work as I have to ride with someone everywhere and I desperately need to get the restriction taken off my license. I told my boss I was eligible on the 19th but I have no way of telling him when it will actually happen and am at risk of getting fired because of it. The only people I can talk to are customer service, which takes upwards of an hour to actually talk to, and they can only email the “records” division and ask for the information to be sent out. It is my fault for having to install this device in the first place but at what point have I paid my penitence?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Stranded three times in the last week. Still waiting to hear back from Guardian, called them 12/10 and 12/11 and selected option "8" to request a callback after waiting on hold for 45 min. I have everything documented via video and phone logs. Device spits out weird codes then states it is "running" after I blow. Car will not start. Brand new Mercedes with no issues. Took device to shop. They say "it's fine". Go back to car and it works fine. Next day get stranded again. Now watching my vehicle getting towed, more $$$. Been stuck in freezing car for 2 hours. All documented. Nobody will call back and nobody cares at Guardian. Total scam, very dangerous, surprised this is legal. I've used Guardian for 5 years. I'm stuck with them until 2021. Have spent thousands. Ready to consider leaving the state just to avoid them.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

So I have had my Interlock for over 5 months now, no problems. So a couple days ago my camera starts making a clicking noise. I called the people and they said, "Don't worry about it." I said ok. I woke up the next morning. My days were at 0!!! So I went in and got a new camera, so it went good for a couple days then the camera starts clicking again. I wake up today and lo and behold my days are back down to zero!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I used this service with no issue for 6 months. Upon completion of court required IID time, I filed a request for my no-negative report on 9/13/18. It is now 11/13 and I still do not have this report. I’ve made 6 different attempts to have Guardian release my report, however my attorney and the courts still have not received the report. I hired this attorney after a month of Guardian ignoring my requests, and they have been having a similar experience of non-service. If you are considering Guardian, choose another company. You will have problems at an already difficult time. And if Guardian is reading this, PLEASE SEND ME MY REPORT!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Do you want to talk to them about your device? Ok! Wait on hold for 30+ minutes while obnoxious classical music blasts your eardrums. Even when you get them on the phone, they have no idea what they are doing and are extremely impatient. Go anywhere else. I don't know how they are still in business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Interlock?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I don't have enough characters to provide details but this is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. Inconsistent and unjust fees, faulty reports to my DMV, being on hold for dozens of hours and inconceivably unorganized. The amount of my frustration for this company is incredible. As I write this I have been on hold for an hour and forty-three minutes. I am going to break my contract with this Mickey Mouse organization today no matter how much it costs me and notified my attorney. Save yourself the headache.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My son has used your Guardian Interlock system since Feb. '18 with all payments on time paid by me, and using my car, and without any failures. Yet in July '18 his license was suspended by MVD, creating one month without driving privileges or use of car. After weeks of complaints to your call service we finally learned that his report results hadn't been forwarded to MVD. In Sept '18 it happened yet again with a further month's loss of driving privileges and use of car, and still with a squeaky clean report, copies of which I have retained. Guardian Interlock has not even apologized or provided any explanation to date, resulting in our current plan to sue the company.

To date I have paid $748 for the privilege with a further visit due on Oct. 23 '18 and a payment of $171.12, but unless they have finally got their act together I am anticipating a further suspension. I shall be seeking an explanation and apology together with full reimbursement and costs. IN OUR CURRENT PLAN TO SUE THE COMPANY. To date I have paid $748 with a further visit on oct. 23 and payment of $171.12 due but unless they have their act together I anticipate a further suspension. I SHALL BE SEEKING FULL REIMBURSEMENT AND COSTS.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I had my interlock installed 11 days ago, and I have already experienced my first device malfunction. When I went to work yesterday, I noticed my serv days went from 20 to 1. I made several stops before and after work - no aborts or fails. I did not think anything of it. I tried to start my car today, and I am permanently locked out! I have been on hold with Guardian for over an hour combined (3 times calling, 20+ min hold each time). I am distraught because I cannot go back to the install place over 15mi from my house tomorrow. In the meantime, I just had to catch a Lyft and spend $ to get where I needed to be today. I have no idea what I can do! I am BEYOND UPSET!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

First unit had to be replaced 3 times. In the process the car required multiple jump-starts, a new battery and even had to get towed to the shop. It takes at least 2 hours to get a call back when I call Guardian directly and if I call the shop to make an appointment, they either don't understand the point of making an appointment and take me whenever they get around to it or they're not even there. This new unit is now giving false fail readings which necessitates me to cancel part of my workday to get the thing reset before I get locked out. Oh! And despite my repeated request to remove "insurance" from my monthly bill, they managed to bill me double for over a year. There was the monthly insurance charge and the daily insurance charge. Avoid this company at all cost!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I want to know if anyone else out there has had health issues since installation of Guardian Interlock Device. I have had to have many handsets exchanged due to malfunctions from faulty equipment. I have sat with my installer who went thru 7 devices on one date before he could find a working handset. Approximately 8 months after this device was installed I noticed changes to my tongue and mouth. I didn't think too much of this until Dec 2017 (1 year 1 month after original installation) when my mouth had become full of sores and pustules making it painful to eat solids and drink beverages hot or cold. So I went to the doctors and found out this was stomatitis (ie. thrush) of the mouth and throat.

I began a regime of medications that would not cure this. I ended up going to a Contagious Diseases physician who put me on a toxic dose of **. Lab results showed hep C so I started on a round of ** prescribed for 120 days. Within the first 60 days my blood results were normal so hep c was not keeping me from fighting the now diagnosed Candida Albicans. Because it never went totally away. And now it is back to painful everything with mouth sores and the only conclusion my Dr. can come to is the Interlock Device.

I reiterate I wash the mouthpiece every blow, but what is inside that device that has a sensor and does this company sterilize these refurbished units? She is pretty confident that this device harbors germs and when you inhale at the end of the blow you are being reinfected with the germs or in my case the fungus that in sensor. I know have to start another round of toxic ** to try to beat this. Anyone else out there had health issues??? Who regulates the safety to consumers of this device?

Guardian Interlock Company Information