Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
1.50/5
Based on 236 reviews that contain star ratings

GMC Acadia

The GMC Acadia is a mid-size SUV. Model years 2007-2016 were full-size. Read more General Motors reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

239 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I called GMC for roadside assistance. They took my information & payment, made me wait for 3+ hrs for help & then they cancelled my order without notifying me. I called them back to complain & their response: we will be returning your money back within 3 to 5 days & that i should call the police. GMC needs to stand by their products & services. You need to hire well qualified, trained & reliable staff and/or business partners. This was unprofessional & deceiving to the consumer. My complaints will be recorded with the BBB, Consumer Affairs & Federal Trade Commission. The consumer shouldn't have to go thru this nightmare. If you can't do the job then say that you can't do it. Be honest for once. Word of advise to ALL reading this: DO NOT CALL for GMC roadside assistance - no one will come to help you. Call your insurance company and use their roadside assistance - it FREE and they helped me in 30 min. Hope things will change.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I purchased a 2012 Acadia with 55K miles a few years ago and honestly it was the best riding and most spacious truck I have ever owned. I loved it until it started have random issues with engine light going off all the time and it was always another sensor that need to be replaced. Finally a month before the warranty ran out the engine light was reading timing belt (dealer said stretched and needed new at $3,000). Truck was running fine as I saved up the money for that. Then when I did bring it to the dealer to get new timing chain they told me the next day that it had camshaft engine failure and it would cost me $8,800 to fix it.

I still owe 11,500 on it and trade in is $9,500. Ran fine when I brought it in and now does not run at all. Contacted GMC and they were very in telling me they would not honor the warranty that ran out a few months ago even though the engine and chain failure was well within warranty. GMC and the dealer agreed to discount the engine to $6,400 but that only puts the price were it should have been in the first place. Found some records at the dealers that says engine went in 2013 with 2,600 miles on it too.

That for sure means GMC is well aware of this engine chain and camshaft problem but refuses to acknowledge it or take responsibility for it and that BUCK STOPS HERE... Small claims court here we come... Sorry for all you others out there that purchased a GMC product as they were a great company 15 years ago until they decide to go the route of Ford in 1975. Just bad trucks and customer service until they almost went out of business.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I bought brand new (expensive) 2015 Acadia Denali 3 yrs ago. I get it Ziebarted with diamond gloss wax as recommended by GMC dealership every year faithfully. This vehicle was my pride and joy sort of speak. I have a defect in the paint on the hood. There is no paint damage or scratches in this area, its started to show as a rust bubble. Of course, paint only covered under warranty if 36,000 miles or 3 yrs, which I don't qualify for. So sorry about my luck. Also I have the same problem as the 2015 Buick Enclave with an inoperative purge solenoid, it's causing the same problems but you guessed it, no recall on the Acadias so again, no help from GMC after spending so much money.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I bought brand new (expensive) 2015 Acadia Denali 3 yrs ago. I get it Ziebarted with diamond gloss wax as recommended by GMC dealership every year faithfully. This vehicle was my pride and joy so to speak. I have a defect in the paint on the hood. There is no paint damage or scratches in this area, its started to show as a rust bubble. Of course, paint only covered under warranty if 36,000 miles or 3 yrs, which I don't qualify for. So sorry about my luck. Also I have the same problem as the 2015 Buick Enclave with an inoperative purge solenoid, it's causing the same problems but you guessed it, no recall on the Acadias so again, no help from GMC after spending so much money.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I purchased my 2014 GMC Acadia Denali from Dutton Buick from Riverside CA. I traveled to purchase my car because I was unable to find exactly what I was looking for in my hometown. I drove 5 hours from my hometown. This car is a certified pre-owned car and purchased from an actual GMC Dealer so I thought I was making a wise decision and would run into any issues. I purchased my car and drove home. I was in the shop 2 days later. The motor in the A/C blew out. I thought, no problem, I would have no issues having it repaired since it a certified pre-owned car. I get the dealer in my hometown Fresno Buick and GMC dealer only to find out my car was never registered as a certified pre-owned car.

So I had to go through the process and a few days without a car with A/C in 95 degree heat. Since then I have been in the shop month after month with issues with the car, 12 times to be exact. This car has been a headache since day one, literally. From motor mounts, control arms, bushings, electrical issues and a banging noise under the driver floor and a clank when I turn my wheel to make a U-turn which I have been told that "it's normal for these cars". I have finally decided to do some research about purchasing a Lemon Car and found GMC Lemon Law. I opened my case June 5, 2018. It has been about a month and a half and I have not seen any progress with my case.

Laura (not sure of her last name) has been the one to handle my case. I called her twice before she finally called me back 3 weeks after I filed my case. She said she was sorry but has "had a hectic few weeks". Which meant she had not even started my case. I contacted GMC Fresno and MaryAnn (the office assistant) showed me that she first contacted them on June 20th. 15 days after I opened my case. Since then Laura has called back and will return calls when I do call but basically to tell me that there is no progress. She is extremely rude, she cuts me off and will not let me complete my sentences, she raises her voice at me and states that there is nothing more to tell me and "have a good day Mrs. **, have a good day" and hangs up on me.

She repeatedly tell me that "it is not an overnight process". I completely understand that it is not an overnight process nor did I expect that but It has been 6 weeks and still has no new information for me. No one can tell me what stage or place in line I am. I ask to speak to a manager and she says she cannot transfer me but will put in a request, then she stated she did not because she called me back and apologized (so she knew she was being rude) so I assume she thought that I was fine with her horrible attitude. She has reacted this way twice and I am not going to allow that. I am not asking for a lot when I ask for an approx time for my case to be evaluated.

I think I have been very patient with GMC as far as the hassles and inconvenience I have had to endure since purchasing my car from a GMC Dealer and was told it was a pre-owned certified vehicle. This car has been a hassle and in the shop on monthly basis since I purchased it, literally the next day after I purchased it. GMC should be ashamed that a person has to turn to GMC Lemon Law in the first place and then has associates such as Laura working for them. Also, I have tried to have this handled with the GMC dealer that I purchased it from which was Dutton Buick and GMC dealer in Riverside California. Alexa, their shop manager told me to drive it to them and they would look at it for $159.

I explained to her that I live 5 hours away and all the stress and cost I've already had put into this car because it was not inspected properly and she basically told me, the cost of the inspection was my responsibility and It was up to me if I wanted to drive it there. I have suffered enough with this car and now the suffering and unsatisfactory continues with the people they choose to hire. I can't express how much I am dissatisfied with GMC and how they treat their customers. I am requesting my case worker be changed, I do not want to speak to Laura again, she is unprofessional and rude and should not be working in customer service if she cannot handle frustrated customers, basically she cannot handle her job.

I have requested twice for her to connect me with her manager and I have not yet received a phone call. I have also called in and requested a manager call me back through the customer service line and still have not received a phone call from anyone. My next step will be a lawyer and contacting the Automotive Bureau. I strongly, strongly would not recommend this company to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Acadia?

Original review: July 4, 2018

I purchased a 2008 Acadia brand new. First transmission was replaced at approximately 60000 miles. Second one at 122000. I have been a GM person all my life. However, from what I have read, I would stay away from most of the GM line. Their transmissions seem to be of poor quality.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have loved the 2017 GMC Acadia. I had a wonderful experience so far. It drives very smooth, it has a ton of space to fit my family, and has a luxurious feel to it. We have 5 kids, three of which are teens. They require a lot of space for all of their activities and this car provides me with the space to fit everything. We also travel a great deal so space is important. A couple of the accessories pop out every now and again so that could be better. One of the air vents falls down occasionally, as well as one of the rivets on the headrest, but they pop back in. Other than that, we have put a ton of miles on the car and the only problem we have had is that we need to change the tires.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I drive the GMC Acadia now because my husband got a company car. For me it is a very large SUV to drive. I find it is hard to pull in tight parking spots and the doors are loaded with dings and dents from other car doors parked next to me. I wish they would downsize the width of this SUV. It is too wide for me. If I lived somewhere more spread out and less crowded, this may not be a issue. Other than that, it is very roomy inside and I feel very high up when driving so that gives me the safety feeling.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I bought my 2009 GMC Acadia new. It just turned 62,000 miles. All 6 ignition coils have been replaced (not all at once). Numbers 4 and 6 went first. Then 3 and 5 went. Since they're at the back near the firewall I had number 1 replaced too since the intake manifold had to be removed to accomplish the repair. A little over 2 weeks ago number 2 had to be replaced. The replacement of 6 coils is unacceptable for a vehicle with mileage as low as mine. Of course we all know about the timing chain issues and transmission flex plate problems. GM should be ashamed of this 3.6 liter motor and the transmission. The comfort and passenger compartment is great. Of course when you have to have your vehicle towed over 100 miles to get back home from vacation that comfort doesn't help. That's what happened to my family Saturday.

This junk is in the shop now with my mechanic. He is very honest and doesn't try to sell you service you don't need. You can look over his shoulder if you want to. He left dealership service due to their dishonest practices. I'm getting no ignition to 2, 4, and 6. This isn't a coil issue. It probably is a wiring harness issue or fuse box issue. He explained the flimsy fuse boxes. The fuse boxes are made of layers of flimsy metal sheets so the sockets for the fuses wear out. I also may have damaged my cat by driving with the constant misfires resulting in dumping unignited fuel into the cat. I also have a broken front motor mount, another piece of junk as he states. All of this with around 62,000 miles. Buyer beware. My wife wanted this car bad and I bought without doing research. Never again. I may go for a Honda Pilot next time, after I do lots of research. BTW, I guess most of you know that the Acadia and the Chevy Traverse are the same. I forget the Buick equal.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Had a two door Honda and needed and wanted something bigger for car seats. Love how roomy the GMC Acadia is. Didn't want a minivan so this was a nice compromise. Bought used but it has been a great car for our growing family. Easy to purchase at the dealership. I wish it had bucket seats and changing the battery could be a little easier. Why is it in my floorboard in the backseat where my daughter sits?!

Original review: June 4, 2018

I thought for sure I had not only a beautifully used (with 2 normal previous owners) Acadia. Mint condition. My kids and I finally felt like we were moving up. The coils were replaced, drive shaft per recall was replaced and now all of a sudden car is dead due to engine and timing chain. 2009 GMC Acadia gave me false hope. Still have two years left of payments and I have no idea how I am going to afford to get my car out of the shop now. Am contemplating on getting an attorney.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I bought this 2010 Acadia 3 months ago. Oh sure, it looks great, but I discovered the a/c doesn't work, the window locks don't work, the windshield washers don't work. When I remove the gas cap to refuel, it wont start unless I floor it. It cranks slow like that battery or starter is bad. Now it pops into neutral while driving and the electric door locks cycle up and down rapidly. What a huge pile of crap this vehicle is. I was a certified GM mechanic for 20 years, but after seeing what kind of junk they are building now, I'm ashamed to admit that to anyone. Don't ever buy one of these vehicles. The warranty company is worthless, says the problems are on me, and they wont repair them.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I purchased my 2011 GMC Acadia Denali new and have always serviced at the dealership. Two weeks ago my engine stalled at a stop sign. I had it towed to the dealer thinking it was the alternator, but turns out my engine went with only 58,000 miles. The dealer contacted me yesterday after the vehicle being there for two weeks now. They informed me that the bill will be $9,500 and that GM will cover $4,300 and I will need to cover the $5,200 balance. I had just replaced the defective navigation system in February 2018 which entailed replacing the entire radio as well. I have been loyal GM customer my entire life with all of my new vehicle purchases. Unfortunately loyalty does not seem to really matter with this company. I had been planning on buying the new 2020 Cadillac XT6 next year.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The GMC Acadia is the best SUV I've ever owned. It handles like a sports car, has the torque of my Corvette and a Kalahari leather interior that is beautiful. There is lots of room and it turns heads.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Driving comfort cannot be beat. The GMC Acadia Denali has great back support and all features during cold and warm seasons to add more comfort. Visibility is perfect, great gas mileage for a lot of vehicle, I wish I could afford to keep it after a 39 month lease but it is priced very high for the very low mileage recorded.

Original review: April 28, 2018

We bought this Acadia 2 years ago, first we weren't shown the Carfax. No signed copy in contract, 2nd dealership won't honor extended warranty. But anyway we have had CV joints replaced, motors in both windows, ignition locks in start position. So it constantly starting, back hatch bangs and jumps like it's falling off, oh and the transmission had to be replaced to the tune of $7,000. Warranty but still put out $400 deductible. But we had to go to another GMC dealership for acknowledgment of issue. Purchase dealer told us nothing wrong, after the 5Th visit. They said, "Well if you put 4 or more people in it and go on a 30 degree grade that that's how it runs." Then why would I buy a 7 passenger 3 row seating SUV? Oh and also the brackets that hold down the seating are rusted. They said that is normal wear? And now today when I pull out it's driving like there's a flat tire. But no flat.

Original review: March 23, 2018

First foremost I bought this car with 3 miles on it from Stadium GM Salem, Ohio in Aug of 2016- this is 2017 Acadia. Fast forward it’s March 1 of 2018. It all started driving 65mph on freeway and the dashboard says my cameras from back not working. I contact my dealer. He quickly responded saying he was unable to get me in till Monday. Ok thanks. Hang up then starts flashing airbags are in need of service. Dashboard lights are going on and off- flashing. Then I get to a red light few min later, stop and the car starts moving forward with my foot on brake. Almost causing me to hit the person in front of me. Mind you this car has a safety feature that automatically stops when I’m following someone too close -and now it moves forward on its own. Um what. Then I’m getting into turning lane to turn left into my work and it won’t stop so turn into work with foot on brake and coast and coast till it came to rolling stop.

I put the car into park. I remove the keys, go to get out of the car and my door will not open. The car is still running -heat, radio, etc. My car alarm starts going off as I keep trying to open door from the inside of the car. I’m now currently locked into 2017 Acadia so instead of breaking the window I called the local cops. They arrived and was able to let me out. Ummm what if it was a 90 degree day and I have 4 kids in the car and your electric system stopped working like this so nothing like my automatic window/locks work? I would have definitely busted my driver window to get out of the car so we wouldn’t of died. In the meantime my car alarm was going off for 4 hours by itself and lights flashing etc till my lunch break. I go outside and try to attempt to start it and it’s still running! No keys. Heat/radio kinda like remote start mode has been in for 4 hours. Needless to say it will not physically start or come on.

So as a mom of 4 working 2 jobs I am in need of help. Roadside service comes, picks the 2017 Acadia up - puts it on a flat bed. And takes me to my dealer. Brian their so called service manager says, “I told you I could see this car for another 4 days,” umm what??? Where would you like the tow truck driver to put the car? He tells them in the garage - goes on to tell me he doesn’t have rental. Umm what... Then he says, “Your car has 44 thousand miles on it even though it 1 year old. You will have to sit in service room till we figure out the 33 codes that came back on it. We are open till 6pm. It’s only 2:30pm.” After reading the first 9 he comes and said I’m lucky he found a rental.

Awww how nice he found me a car to use out of the 200 plus on the dealership grounds. Maybe this one will not accelerate forward when my door is on the brake. Maybe this one will actually stop when my foot is on the brake. Maybe this one will not lock me inside of my own vehicle. I called the dealership for an update about a week ago. He said still wasn’t fixed, needed another part. I went to the dealership on March 20 2018 looking for help and trying to get explanations and was told nothing. Continue drinking the rental car. Mine is not safe or fixed...

Fast forward to today March 22 the dealership has now almost had my car for the entire month. It is fixed- I arrived at dealership, handed my rental keys in then the service guys tells me I owe him over 6**.00. When talking to 3 different General Motors representatives in the past 22 days I was told my car has extended warranty. "Don’t worry. The repairs will be taken care of.” Now yesterday the service guy Brian nowhere to be found left Another guy to tell me, “No, no. That’s not right. Your 2017 Acadia only has 3 year 36,000 miles. Even though it’s a year old it’s not covered.” So guess who doesn’t have 6**.00 to fix electrical/ 2 side modules replacement at 5:30 pm? This mom of 4 that already works 2 jobs. Mind you I just paid 879.00 car payment on the 3/18/2018 for this Acadia that I have driven in over a month.

I call General Motors rep. They said under warranty - my dealer screaming at me saying it’s not and I’m not getting the keys to my car till the invoice is paid so I sat there in the service waiting area for someone to come pick me and my 2 small children up. They all left at 7:30-8:00 when dealer closes and left me sitting there until 8:40 pm. They don’t care this SUV almost killed me. They have no customer service. They actually just laughed at the fact this car is a year old and having this problem. Then to top it off he told me before he left at 7 that he’s not even sure this will fix the problem. My Acadia has failed me. My Acadia does have 44,000 miles on it at this time but I don’t care it’s a year old. I don’t care if it has 90,000 miles on it. It shouldn’t be having these problems it’s a year old.

Sincerely one mom with 4 kids and 2 jobs with no vehicle because your GMC has failed me and the dealership you do business with could care less. How reassuring it is to leave someone in a dealership while they all get in their cars and go home and I sit with 2 of my children waiting on a ride. Then he says I’m not even sure this will fix it. General Motors you can keep the car.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I purchased a 2007 GMC Acadia in 2006 brand new. When I had about 38,000 miles on it I would hear a clunk when I would turn left or right took it to the dealership several times. They could not hear it. I finally gave up on it. Then my transmission went out & I called the attorney general after paying about 4000 dollars to get it fixed. Two weeks after I called them I received a letter in the mail and they had a recall & I got my money back.

Now the rack & pinion had to be replace. I'm very upset as I when on the internet And found out that several other people have had the same problem. If anyone still has a Acadia please call this number as this is a safety issue that should be address for our safety and our children's safety. The # is 888-327-4236. It cost me 1400 dollars for the rack & pinion to be replaced when I feel that they could have the solved the problem if they would have just check underneath the car. I now know that is why it would always clunk.

Original review: March 3, 2018

They sold these with faulty timing chains and my car (07 Acadia) has 67000. miles on it and out of their extended warranty for the timing chain which they won't fix til it breaks so I will have to pay to fix. Terrible company. Terrible customer service. Totally never going to buy another car from GM.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

In 2015 I bought a 2009 at 81000 miles. Since I have purchased it we have replaced the rear shocks, timing chain, coils, wheel bearings, power window motors and the sunroof drain tube was leaking into the blower assembly. It has been an absolute nightmare. The power mirrors have now quit working, the DVD player on the driver's seat only works half the time and my current check engine light is due to a bad catalytic converter. I've had this car 15 months. I parked it for 4 because I couldn't afford to fix it at one point. It's the only car I have a payment on. I bought it with no warranty from a reputable car dealership close to me in Fishers Indiana. DON'T BUY THIS CAR. I'm trading it in next week.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I unfortunately own 2 GMC Acadia's a 2009 and a 2011. I bought them in the same year due to our old vehicles breaking down. I wish I had the old rusty vehicles back. I work on these 2 vehicles constantly. On the 2009 Acadia I have replaced the transmission, water pump, throttle body, radio amplifier, hood support, steering rack inner and outer tie rods, sway bars, strut assemblies, spark plugs, gas cap, and the list goes on. It is sitting in the driveway now since it has a jerking power issue when we dropped the kids off at school this morning. The 2011 has not been as bad yet but has also had a new water pump, and I cannot get the steering wheel to stop vibrating when driving on the expressway even after getting the wheels balanced rotated and anything else I could think of.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Terrible terrible terrible - Water Pump, Transmission, Power Steering, Front End. All this before 60K miles but a month after the 5 yr mark!!! And now at 70K miles and almost all the same items AGAIN with the addition of electrical issues, motor surges, terrible propane/natural gas smell in cabin (enough to make you vomit). Call GMC. No help! Advice take it to a certified service location - so they can take your money over and over and over again.

Yes they are willing to help. Yes they are willing to say they can fix anything. Helpful is fixing an issue and it staying fixed. Helpful is changing the water pump at 59k miles and not being told we want another $2500 to fix the power steering. I will NEVER purchase another GM product. It's a money pit! The local dealership is so friendly but they are stuck trying to fix a product with no hope. 4 Ford vehicles and over 1 Million miles driven with basic maintenance and one transmission and I cannot even get this 2012 GMC Acadia SLT to drive 75k Miles!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

For the past 3 months my check engine light continues to come on. I have had a complete tune up, with all spark plugs being replaced, air filters replaced, etc. Always keep levels checked and changed when needed. No real problems with the vehicle (2011 GMC Acadia) until now. Check engine light comes on repeatedly, even after work is completed. I have taken this vehicle to 3 shops for a diagnostic check. Only two had the same diagnostic results. Mostly timing chain issues, possible stretched. I don't understand why this is happening at this point. Has there been any recalls regarding this matter. I haven't seen or heard of any recall.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

We bought a 2011 Acadia with 78k miles on it. I've been a GM fan my entire life and trusted the name. It seemed like a great vehicle at first. We had some minor issues here and there but nothing too bad. My first aggravations were with the engineering of the vehicle. Changing the oil is a pain and the headlight bulbs are a nightmare. The air system decided to only blow hot air on the driver side, possible deflector failure. Good times for the summer. One day the engine started knocking.

Immediately we parked it and towed it to our local shop. They started it to listen to it and the engine locked up. 6 months out of warranty (90k miles on it, but over 5 years) and GMC said "well you're the second owner so we can't help you". 7k to put a new engine in. I'm nearly 30k into the vehicle and max trade in is about 10,500 from a GM dealer. With the original engine and the new GM engine we average about 13-14 mpg getting 16 highway. My 04 Silverado gets 17. I'll never, ever buy a GM product again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

While parking at a store, My wife had her foot on the brake approaching the parking space, when the gas pedal suddenly went to the floor (full throttle). She tried to stop by applying more pressure on the brakes. This did not stop the car (2007 GMC Acadia), She also tried pulling up on the throttle with my foot, couldn’t get it to come up. She finally stopped when the car hit the Walmart store outer wall. My daughter was in the car with her at the time and witnessed the entire incident just as described above. This was a $5200. Crash, as well as her first collision counting against my record in 45 Years of driving. Has anyone else had this happen to them, GMC needs to check these vehicles out for this problem and get them fixed before some get hurt or dies.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I purchased a used 2008 GMC Acadia in May 2017. Ever since I purchased this vehicle I have had nothing but problems. I purchased this vehicle because my daughter is a senior in high school and I knew that we would be needing it to travel from state to state for college tours. Ever since I purchased we have not been able to travel because of the continuous light to come on, continuous codes that comes on and it causes the car to run horribly. I am spending $20-$30 a day on gas and I'm also noticing that the oil is just evaporating but I'm not seeing it on the ground. I continue to take it to the mechanic. He continue to fix things that the codes gives him. I'm still spending money and I'm still not getting any results.

I have not been able to travel in this vehicle because I refuse to get on the highway with my child and breakdown in the middle of nowhere. What we need to do is start a petition with GMC because if everyone is having these problems then it is a serious problem. I am to the point where I am ready to start a lawsuit. I mean let's be honest. What are we waiting for. Either us or one of our loved ones to die and is known death trap. There are so many recalls on this vehicle that all of them should be just called in and repaired. Apparently it's a problem with GMC assembling the vehicle and they do not want to own up to their responsibilities and it's not fair to us that our lives are at stake. I'm also tired of the ongoing altercations with the mechanic and my money that I keep on spending.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Purchased a 2013 Acadia Denali, not even a year ago. Suddenly, dealing with major oil consumption. Within 100 miles been down 2-3 quarts low. Been in and out of a dealership 3 times now (still under power terrain warranty). Dealer tops oil off and runs it around, says it's fine. This is only happening to me according to them. People, I can't stress enough, these cars have been a headache since 2007, and even years later they're still seeing more time than needed at a dealership. We have done nothing but baby this vehicle since we owned it at 60k. Now has 80k. 20k miles for this thing to start failing? GMC has been NO HELP. They keep directing me to a dealer. Dealer is either overfilling it and letting the overfill burn off or is dumping some sort of miracle job into the motor to get it to quit. Run far away from these vehicles. They'll do nothing but give headaches and drain your bank account.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

With so many choices out here in SUV's I shopped for a long time and decided on the 2014 GMC Acadia SLE 2 for many reasons. I began noticing them in 2008 and everyone I spoke with about them seemed very pleased both with their performance and the comfortable ride. It has WI FI and all the whistles and bells but to be honest I don't care a thing about any of that. I care about reliability and efficiency. For a big heavy SUV it gets 27 MPG Highway if you're not a lead foot, and it is truly my dream car. It also has the towing package and can pull a 2 horse trailer loaded, or big boat etc.

I purchased it in Dec. 2015 from Eagle Buick GMC in Homosassa, Florida. In the past I've owned Jeep Cherokees, Nissans and Toyotas. But I just didn't get the comfortable ride or performance this Acadia offers. I also have to be honest. I was disappointed in the 2017 model. GMC has reduced it to be honest to a smaller version and not the ride the 2016's back to 2008 have. The new one looks more like an old souped up GMC Jimmy than an Acadia.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

My new Acadia has been torn apart at the dealership now for weeks. Bought my 2017 Acadia SLT in May. Loved the drive such a great & comfortable SUV. Then the spotting started. I had been noticing the vehicle leaving spots on my driveway. I really was trying to convince myself that it was just A/C water. Took my new baby in to find out what was leaking. The technician showed me. He said, "I really thought I was just going to tell you it was moisture from the A/C". Instead what he had was a large puddle of fluid & a bad Transmission leak! WTF. This car has 4k miles on it.

Now they have to rip out the transmission? Now that was 2 weeks ago. Today I call and I'm informed that they found the source of the leak. The Torque Converter!!! GMC! My car is brand ** new and now it's going to be in the shop for a few more weeks! I'm trying to be patient... but something needs to be done! I want to give a negative stars. The car while running is great, but it's already broken... and it wasn't even the best deal out there!!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Love the SUV however, it has fallen apart mechanically from the water pump to the Transmission and everything in-between. Many of the problems were known by GMC so they came up on recall except for the transmission which I fought them for and got a free one. Steering, brake system, cooling system, wiring harness, front and rear air, sound system, etc... If my wife wasn't such a fan of how it drives and sits up so she feels safe I would have dumped it.

GMC Acadia Company Information