Find a Car Models partner

3. Car Models

3.9/5 (517 ratings)
Find a Car Models partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About GMC Acadia

The GMC Acadia is a mid-size SUV. Model years 2007-2016 were full-size. Read more General Motors reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

GMC Acadia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Acadia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Acadia?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I purchased a New 2021 GMC Acadia. Within 100 miles I discovered 360 Camera didn’t work. Automatic Braking, Lane change and road departure were all dysfunctional. GMC has had camera issues for several yrs. Continued selling know the safety issues. I would recommend you avoid this vehicle at all costs. Mine has less than 1000 miles and I’m going back to Honda and take the loss.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Very good car for the price, smooth ride, quite and very comfortable. Very spacious interior, good fit and finish. Really like OnStar - very strong engine and smooth transmission. Overall very good vehicle.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Being a GM family, we have been loyal to the brand but the Acadia falls far short compared to the company's other SUVs. There are 943 Technical Service Bulletins issued for the 2017 Acadia alone! Most of them are related to random leaks, failures with steering, suspension and brakes. As the principal driver, I can attest handling is not as stable as the one-size-down Equinox, although it improved noticeably when we switched to a better tire than what came with the car. Within a few months of purchase, the SUV developed a drive train problem, and it was difficult to find a dealership familiar with the bulletin issued by GM and knew how to resolve it.

This is now a known problem, with over 300 registered complaints posted just for this particular repair. Another annoying and known issue: at the gas pump, the baffle in the gas tank causes the fuel pump to shut off after 3 gallons. The solution is to manually hold down the level on the pump, or it will keep shutting off after every 2-3 gallons, even when the tank is nearly empty. And then there are the myriad leaks, detailed in the complaints and TSBs…

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

The horse power in this vehicle is amazing, 310hp stock. The engine under 60 miles an hr kicks over to a 4 cylinder to conserve gas. With my long commutes each day I can get 450 miles out of the 22 gallon tank.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

This has been a very good vehicle overall. Have had no real issues with vehicle mechanically or otherwise. Vehicle has good performance and fuel use. Good overall vehicle for traveling and local use. Comfortable and easy to drive. Would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for dependability and comfort for a good price. Has all the high tech things that make a vehicle easier to own and use.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Vehicle has good mileage, good "Get up and Go," great extras to make a pleasant and safe drive. The car has many alerts such as tire pressure, oil change due and others that keep you aware of necessary things to do.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

First and foremost, if you are going to buy this vehicle make sure it is still under the 36k mileage. If it is not, GMC and all of your local dealers will do absolutely nothing. Not only nothing, they will charge you a service fee to do nothing. 2 issues that we are having with this vehicle. #1 Put in park to turn off... Shifting assembly is junk. Most go bad before the 36k warranty... Mine went bad at literally 37229. #2 The wheels are delaminating. The previous owner must have been lazy because over 10% of all 4 wheels are delaminating. I made a huge incorrect assumption that GMC would cover a vehicle that is barely a year old. Again, I was incorrect. Never again GMC. Will never again buy a piece of junk. I will stick to the foreign makers from now on. You have seen your last dollar from me. Run away people. Crappy customer service.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I bought my 2008 Acadia New from the dealership and I have been in Love with it from the beginning. The biggest issues I've had are my water pump going out in 2013. The rails on floor to moves rows back & forth are a hassle but we've managed to just fold the seats & that's always worked (I got the 8 passenger). A/C has gone bad a couple of times as well. Other than that no major issues. I'm at 180k miles now & it decided it was tired by stalling on me & shaking on the freeway, it read on dash "Engine reducing speed". I was told by a technician that the transmission was going out and not worth putting money in it anymore because it was at the end of the road.

I took it to a different tech at a different shop and he said there seems to be nothing wrong with the transmission and it's the suspension, a/c and a few leaks that were not caught which led it to have no coolant & overheating. I have been debating getting a new car because this car has been so good to me and I've driven it from Los Angeles to Arizona, Las Vegas, Lake Arrowhead, & Big Bear every single winter. I'm also a Realtor so I drive a lot. My transmission and engine have never been replaced. So I'm having a hard time parting with it. The second technician that gave me a second opinion also offered me $2500 if I decide to actually part with it. I'm still debating and having a hard time but I think the time has come to say goodbye. :(

Original review: July 29, 2019

The Acadia Denali is the same as the Acadia with the molding taken off and the cute Denali put on it. What "luxury" vehicle doesn't have a console with departments in it? What kind of "luxury" vehicle doesn't have automatic passenger controls? It truly rides like a truck highway and streets. Save your money - at the least don't pay extra for the false luxury. If you must, buy the Buick. Or go elsewhere. Period... Tell everyone you know. I kicked my butt already.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Only good for the first 15,000 miles. Factory tires are a joke and made with softer rubber. GM is aware and it was the discretion of the dealership to share the info. At 18,000 miles I had 4 bald tires. They cover a portion of it under warranty. The tire guy has to call Michelin with the mileage and size of tread - if any. We did get 70% off new ones. Two days later I started experiencing the "SHIFT TO PARK" error. It's in park and I try to shut it off but it doesn't register being in park. This prevents the car from locking and causes nonstop dinging that will ultimately drain your battery. You have to turn it on/off again multiple times, jiggle the stick, hit the brake until it magically decides it's good. It now happens EVERY time I shut it down. There is no fix. Again GM is aware and left it to the discretion of the dealership to share the info. Now I'm stuck in a lease for a PITA car that I can't properly use. Save yourself the headache - buy something else!

GMC Acadia Company Information