Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.57/5

GMC Acadia

The GMC Acadia is a mid-size SUV. Model years 2007-2016 were full-size. Read more General Motors reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

247 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I bought brand new (expensive) 2015 Acadia Denali 3 yrs ago. I get it Ziebarted with diamond gloss wax as recommended by GMC dealership every year faithfully. This vehicle was my pride and joy sort of speak. I have a defect in the paint on the hood. There is no paint damage or scratches in this area, its started to show as a rust bubble. Of course, paint only covered under warranty if 36,000 miles or 3 yrs, which I don't qualify for. So sorry about my luck. Also I have the same problem as the 2015 Buick Enclave with an inoperative purge solenoid, it's causing the same problems but you guessed it, no recall on the Acadias so again, no help from GMC after spending so much money.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I bought brand new (expensive) 2015 Acadia Denali 3 yrs ago. I get it Ziebarted with diamond gloss wax as recommended by GMC dealership every year faithfully. This vehicle was my pride and joy so to speak. I have a defect in the paint on the hood. There is no paint damage or scratches in this area, its started to show as a rust bubble. Of course, paint only covered under warranty if 36,000 miles or 3 yrs, which I don't qualify for. So sorry about my luck. Also I have the same problem as the 2015 Buick Enclave with an inoperative purge solenoid, it's causing the same problems but you guessed it, no recall on the Acadias so again, no help from GMC after spending so much money.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I purchased my 2014 GMC Acadia Denali from Dutton Buick from Riverside CA. I traveled to purchase my car because I was unable to find exactly what I was looking for in my hometown. I drove 5 hours from my hometown. This car is a certified pre-owned car and purchased from an actual GMC Dealer so I thought I was making a wise decision and would run into any issues. I purchased my car and drove home. I was in the shop 2 days later. The motor in the A/C blew out. I thought, no problem, I would have no issues having it repaired since it a certified pre-owned car. I get the dealer in my hometown Fresno Buick and GMC dealer only to find out my car was never registered as a certified pre-owned car.

So I had to go through the process and a few days without a car with A/C in 95 degree heat. Since then I have been in the shop month after month with issues with the car, 12 times to be exact. This car has been a headache since day one, literally. From motor mounts, control arms, bushings, electrical issues and a banging noise under the driver floor and a clank when I turn my wheel to make a U-turn which I have been told that "it's normal for these cars". I have finally decided to do some research about purchasing a Lemon Car and found GMC Lemon Law. I opened my case June 5, 2018. It has been about a month and a half and I have not seen any progress with my case.

Laura (not sure of her last name) has been the one to handle my case. I called her twice before she finally called me back 3 weeks after I filed my case. She said she was sorry but has "had a hectic few weeks". Which meant she had not even started my case. I contacted GMC Fresno and MaryAnn (the office assistant) showed me that she first contacted them on June 20th. 15 days after I opened my case. Since then Laura has called back and will return calls when I do call but basically to tell me that there is no progress. She is extremely rude, she cuts me off and will not let me complete my sentences, she raises her voice at me and states that there is nothing more to tell me and "have a good day Mrs. **, have a good day" and hangs up on me.

She repeatedly tell me that "it is not an overnight process". I completely understand that it is not an overnight process nor did I expect that but It has been 6 weeks and still has no new information for me. No one can tell me what stage or place in line I am. I ask to speak to a manager and she says she cannot transfer me but will put in a request, then she stated she did not because she called me back and apologized (so she knew she was being rude) so I assume she thought that I was fine with her horrible attitude. She has reacted this way twice and I am not going to allow that. I am not asking for a lot when I ask for an approx time for my case to be evaluated.

I think I have been very patient with GMC as far as the hassles and inconvenience I have had to endure since purchasing my car from a GMC Dealer and was told it was a pre-owned certified vehicle. This car has been a hassle and in the shop on monthly basis since I purchased it, literally the next day after I purchased it. GMC should be ashamed that a person has to turn to GMC Lemon Law in the first place and then has associates such as Laura working for them. Also, I have tried to have this handled with the GMC dealer that I purchased it from which was Dutton Buick and GMC dealer in Riverside California. Alexa, their shop manager told me to drive it to them and they would look at it for $159.

I explained to her that I live 5 hours away and all the stress and cost I've already had put into this car because it was not inspected properly and she basically told me, the cost of the inspection was my responsibility and It was up to me if I wanted to drive it there. I have suffered enough with this car and now the suffering and unsatisfactory continues with the people they choose to hire. I can't express how much I am dissatisfied with GMC and how they treat their customers. I am requesting my case worker be changed, I do not want to speak to Laura again, she is unprofessional and rude and should not be working in customer service if she cannot handle frustrated customers, basically she cannot handle her job.

I have requested twice for her to connect me with her manager and I have not yet received a phone call. I have also called in and requested a manager call me back through the customer service line and still have not received a phone call from anyone. My next step will be a lawyer and contacting the Automotive Bureau. I strongly, strongly would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I purchased a 2008 Acadia brand new. First transmission was replaced at approximately 60000 miles. Second one at 122000. I have been a GM person all my life. However, from what I have read, I would stay away from most of the GM line. Their transmissions seem to be of poor quality.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have loved the 2017 GMC Acadia. I had a wonderful experience so far. It drives very smooth, it has a ton of space to fit my family, and has a luxurious feel to it. We have 5 kids, three of which are teens. They require a lot of space for all of their activities and this car provides me with the space to fit everything. We also travel a great deal so space is important. A couple of the accessories pop out every now and again so that could be better. One of the air vents falls down occasionally, as well as one of the rivets on the headrest, but they pop back in. Other than that, we have put a ton of miles on the car and the only problem we have had is that we need to change the tires.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GMC Acadia?

Original review: June 13, 2018

I drive the GMC Acadia now because my husband got a company car. For me it is a very large SUV to drive. I find it is hard to pull in tight parking spots and the doors are loaded with dings and dents from other car doors parked next to me. I wish they would downsize the width of this SUV. It is too wide for me. If I lived somewhere more spread out and less crowded, this may not be a issue. Other than that, it is very roomy inside and I feel very high up when driving so that gives me the safety feeling.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I bought my 2009 GMC Acadia new. It just turned 62,000 miles. All 6 ignition coils have been replaced (not all at once). Numbers 4 and 6 went first. Then 3 and 5 went. Since they're at the back near the firewall I had number 1 replaced too since the intake manifold had to be removed to accomplish the repair. A little over 2 weeks ago number 2 had to be replaced. The replacement of 6 coils is unacceptable for a vehicle with mileage as low as mine. Of course we all know about the timing chain issues and transmission flex plate problems. GM should be ashamed of this 3.6 liter motor and the transmission. The comfort and passenger compartment is great. Of course when you have to have your vehicle towed over 100 miles to get back home from vacation that comfort doesn't help. That's what happened to my family Saturday.

This junk is in the shop now with my mechanic. He is very honest and doesn't try to sell you service you don't need. You can look over his shoulder if you want to. He left dealership service due to their dishonest practices. I'm getting no ignition to 2, 4, and 6. This isn't a coil issue. It probably is a wiring harness issue or fuse box issue. He explained the flimsy fuse boxes. The fuse boxes are made of layers of flimsy metal sheets so the sockets for the fuses wear out. I also may have damaged my cat by driving with the constant misfires resulting in dumping unignited fuel into the cat. I also have a broken front motor mount, another piece of junk as he states. All of this with around 62,000 miles. Buyer beware. My wife wanted this car bad and I bought without doing research. Never again. I may go for a Honda Pilot next time, after I do lots of research. BTW, I guess most of you know that the Acadia and the Chevy Traverse are the same. I forget the Buick equal.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Had a two door Honda and needed and wanted something bigger for car seats. Love how roomy the GMC Acadia is. Didn't want a minivan so this was a nice compromise. Bought used but it has been a great car for our growing family. Easy to purchase at the dealership. I wish it had bucket seats and changing the battery could be a little easier. Why is it in my floorboard in the backseat where my daughter sits?!

Original review: June 4, 2018

I thought for sure I had not only a beautifully used (with 2 normal previous owners) Acadia. Mint condition. My kids and I finally felt like we were moving up. The coils were replaced, drive shaft per recall was replaced and now all of a sudden car is dead due to engine and timing chain. 2009 GMC Acadia gave me false hope. Still have two years left of payments and I have no idea how I am going to afford to get my car out of the shop now. Am contemplating on getting an attorney.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I bought this 2010 Acadia 3 months ago. Oh sure, it looks great, but I discovered the a/c doesn't work, the window locks don't work, the windshield washers don't work. When I remove the gas cap to refuel, it wont start unless I floor it. It cranks slow like that battery or starter is bad. Now it pops into neutral while driving and the electric door locks cycle up and down rapidly. What a huge pile of crap this vehicle is. I was a certified GM mechanic for 20 years, but after seeing what kind of junk they are building now, I'm ashamed to admit that to anyone. Don't ever buy one of these vehicles. The warranty company is worthless, says the problems are on me, and they wont repair them.

GMC Acadia Company Information