2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.85/5

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Chevy Suburban Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Suburban?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Suburban?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I bought 2020 Chevrolet Suburban and drove only 20000 miles. Car has Engine Light came. I visited 6 time already dealerships. They couldn’t figure out the problems. I am struck. Nobody help me. Call GM motors. Call dealerships. I don’t know where I go. Only God help me I think.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Bought a 2018 Suburban (traded in a 2016 Tahoe) in March 2018. In the fall of 2019 the middle row DVD screen stop working as well as experienced issues with the front passenger seat belt latch. Took it to the dealership in October 2019 and paid for diagnostics review, $138.25. The review resulted in the dealership not being able to identify the issues and noted that both the seat belt latch and DVD screen would have to be replaced, $739. The car was no longer under warranty due to mileage and therefore I was on the hook to pay for the replacement.

I questioned why a vehicle that was only 1.5 years old would have these issues, especially the seat belt latch issue. Does GM not stand behind the quality of a vehicle that cost over $65,000? I was told all the luxury car brands had reduced their standard warranty's so I would have the same issue with them as well if I drove a luxury brand. I called GM and opened a case with Customer Care which turned out to be a nightmare in dealing with GM Senior Advisors. For 1.5 months it was back and forth with 2-3 different senior advisors as they talked with the dealership and reviewed the estimate. At one point I had to explain the estimate in detail to the advisor via e-mail. The goal was that GM would review the case and offer to pay a portion of the fee to replace the DVD and belt latch.

After multiple voicemails and e-mail status updates in late December, no word from GM with regard to the case status. Called the general line today 13JAN2020, and found out that my case had been closed on 23DEC19. Very disappointed in the GM brand all around. I've opened a new case but am not hopeful of a positive outcome and 3 months have come and gone. I've been driving a brand new vehicle that the passenger seat belt latch you have to click several times to latch correctly and a DVD system that my kids can't use, unless they sit in the 3rd row seat. Disappointed in the dealership (Fitzgerald Cadillac of Hagerstown) as well. My family has bought 4 new vehicles there in the past 5 years. At a loss for what to do next other than looking into other brand SUVs.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Don't even think about purchasing a Chevy product. My 2017 Chevy Suburban is in for a warranty repair - defective valve/valve lifter, The dealership can't find the part - Chevy can't deliver the part and best of all after being in the shop for a week chevy finally calls me to tell me they don't know when they can supply the part for the repair. I never had this problem with my Toyota.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

2009 Chevy Suburban, burns oil, fouls out plugs because of this. Noted but no recall. Door lock & window buttons problems. Replaced hubs at 50K. Cheap interior. Premature rusting from inside out which really can’t be repaired. Pay their CEO 25mm+ year but pump out junk. Ha

Original review: April 19, 2019

2005 Suburban. Has been a terrific car for us. 209k and have owned since new. Have replaced many wear-parts. Just did both front bearings last week. Water pump about a year ago. Fuel pump at about 150k and installed SS gas lines at the same time. Rear wiper and defrost haven't worked in years - supposedly the connection at the liftgate get corroded. Both front tie rod ends at about 100k or so. New plugs last year for the first time - no problems, but I thought how can spark plugs last that long? Rear AC began leading long ago so I bought a bypass plug and haven't had any AC problems since. Gauges - yes they are a well-known problem - cheap crap and I have two nonworking now, but a lot of guys will replace the gauge motor for not much $. Changed oil every 5k with Mobile 1. Changed trans fluid every 60k. flushed cooling system at 100 and 200. The interior stuff if what GM really cheaps out on. Seat folding mechanisms, seatbelt latches, etc.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My 2017 Suburban has been back to the dealer 5 times to have the radio fixed. It cuts out about 3 times a day in my travels. Most times I have to listen to my local radio station on my phone to hear music. It SUCKS that I paid $65,000,00 for a brand new SUV in 2017 and have this kind of PROBLEM. It was fixed for 6 months and now it cuts off and if I pay for satellite radio and I guess it my problem that sucks going on 2 years and still can't fix it. What can I do???

Original review: June 22, 2018

We have a 2012 Suburban that started rusting last year. The local Chevrolet dealer "fixed" it under warranty. Now 9 months later the vehicle is out of warranty and dealer and GM will not fix the recurring rust. GM states since no parts were replaced last year there is nothing to parts warranty. Our position is parts should have been replaced and not repaired and I was told that warranties cover defects in material AND workmanship. GM does NOT care about its customers!!!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I had previously owned a 2011 Chevrolet Suburban. I like their size, setting on the road, and safety. The large size, and three rows of seats make it easy to take friends with you. It has GPS, OnStar, and many other modern features that enable to maximize my time in an automobile. I can relax as I drive in summer when I have cooling seats and in winter when you can use the warmer on the seats. Children can watch DVD movies en route. However, the vinyl/fake leather and size of the captain's seats is not of the quality of earlier models. The third row of seats does not have much leg room. I would also like more metal and less plastic in the frame of the vehicle.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I like the Suburban very much. It is a great family car and easy to use. It is really big but I don't mind it at all! I like color and frame of the car. I like that it has safety features and that it has DVD players for the kids to watch movies. I like all the features it has. But I don't like the size. It's also hard for the kids to climb in the very back. But I would recommend making it any bigger. Maybe add sliding side doors like the vans have.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The Chevrolet Suburban is fully loaded and has sunroof and satellite radio capabilities. Very reliable vehicle and drives great in all weather conditions and long trips. It easily switches from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive. It's also very roomy. I have 2 boys who are very active and are into anything with motors and wheels so I purchased this vehicle for the third row seating. All the seats lay flat or come completely out very easily if needed. I already have a smaller car and wanted something for vacations, for the boys and their activities, to be able to take the whole family in one vehicle.

Chevy Suburban Company Information