3.81/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevy Blazer

The Chevy Blazer refers to several truck models: the Chevrolet K5 Blazer, the Chevrolet S-10 Blazer and the Chevrolet Tahoe. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevy Blazer Reviews

Original review: May 2, 2018

I love my Blazer. It has a tight turning radius, so it's easy to turn around. It has a great ride and is decent on fuel. Plus it's sooooo goood looking. I won't buy anything but a Chevy or a GMC.

Original review: May 12, 2016

I have several vehicles and have still own 4 gm products. The trailblazer only has 60,000 + miles, but I have had no real issues. I've towed a 3,500 lb boat hundreds of miles and other trailers numerous times with no issues. I bought this SUV in November 2001 (obviously one of the first in production) and still do have low mileage so my opinion may change over time since the resale is low and I really like this vehicle. I will probably keep it for years. I guess mine isn't a lemon.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2015

At 70,000 miles my Chevy Trailblazer's cluster died! Speedometer and oil gauge either spin out of control or shows nothing when car is running. With all the past recalls for certain Chevy clusters I cannot understand how the blazer was omitted from this recall!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

I have kept my truck for 16 years and just spend $460 on tires and another $500 on other parts. The truck has 115k miles. I like how the truck rides and is quiet, that is true with almost all GM vehicles. The truck/SUV does require a bit of maintenance, ball joints, front end parts, radiator, emission system fan, I could go on and on. Overall it is not that bad to work on, and parts and videos on the web are easy to find. However if you have an older model and pay full price to have it fixed it will cost a lot. The aftermarket parts seem to work OK and you can save quite a bit. I just replace the encoder motor for the 4wd and it cost me 3 hours and $140. The dealer would do it in 1.5 hours and it would cost $900 with $100 diagnostics and a $600 part.

Original review: July 4, 2015

I have a 2007 Chevy trailblazer. Starting from a month after ownership I noticed a kick when my suv shifted from 1st to 2nd gear. I brought it into the dealership and would get turned away multiple times with excuses as to why it would do that. After about 1 1/2 years of bringing it in and them never even checking it out... they finally did and had to replace the transmission.

In year 2 I have had rear differential issues, abs and traction issues as well as other lights on the control panel pop up. My window motors have each been replaced more than 4 times in 6 years, and I have to replace my fan clutch annually (and this time I replaced it in october and it went out again and it's july) as well as burning through oil since 80,000 miles. I am completely pissed off at Chevy's lack of cooperation. I should have gotten rid of this vehicle when the transmission screwed up (which BTW it kicks again!) Now it's worth less than our 2001 saturn ls which is 6 years older and cost way less when we bought it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Blazer?

Original review: May 28, 2015

There is a recall for the 2006 and 2007 trailblazer with their headlights to just stop working and mine did on may 27 2015 at 10:30 at night. Called national car safety filed a report because chevy whom I called first said it doesn't cover my truck so I have to pay out of pocket even though my truck is doing the same thing that's listed in the recall for my trailblazer and it was made during the recall years.

Original review: March 28, 2015

When I tried starting my 1995 Blazer it wouldn't start... I turn the key over and won't start, so me and my dad took a screw driver and seen if it was firing and it wasn't. We have changed the spark plugs. If you have any suggestions on what it could be... you can email me.

Original review: March 27, 2015

Transmission issues slipping 4WD went out twice. Rear-end needed complete rebuild. Dual climate control quit working. Rear wiper assembly broke. Starting burning oil at 80,000 miles. I should have never kept it this long. Something constantly needing fixing. Defroster quit working passenger side. Shifter had issues. Not Recommended!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2014

Yes I bought a 2005 trailblazer a few years ago and the transmission just keeps slipping while your going down the road. There have been a lot of reports about the same transmission in a lot of them. I have bought about 4 gm vehicles and I guess this will be the last one I ever get. Thanks gm.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2014

The fuel sending unit inside of the fuel tank is illuminating my check engine light. The fuel gauge reads empty all the time no matter what level is in the tank. This is a huge issue with more vehicles than just the Trailblazers. It's dangerous being you can run out of fuel at any given time because you don't know your avg. m.p.g.. If the engine dies then there goes your steering so what if I'm on the highway or a desolate road in the bitter cold and then I'll have no heat. This is a major issue since the assembly line and needs to go into full recall regardless of mileage or how many years since it was manufactured. I called Christenson Chevrolet in Highland, IN 46322 and they said the only 2 recalls were for the power steering hose and the driver door switch which was already fixed in 2005. Nothing was mentioned at all about the fuel sender relay. The engine light is on and I need plates by Nov 14, today's date is Nov 3, 2014. Now I have to replace the unit on my own and by topping it off every time at the gas station it is going to destroy the emission system especially the charcoal canister unit.

Chevy Blazer Company Information