Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
2.42/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

203 Garmin Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I have bought parts in the store and online but I prefer the store. I do not work on my truck so I find it useful to speak to the employee with questions or concerns regarding the product I am purchasing. The people are knowledgeable and they find needed parts via computer. They are organized and helpful. One young man tracked three different parts throughout the country. I like finding new car conveniences, such as a ball I placed on my steering wheel to help turn corners. I have RA and it was recommended by an employee. But they need more help during peak hours. The stores are so large and have so much inventory.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

Garmin create superior products for automotive, marine, outdoor, and sports. They are a global leader in the market they serve with superior quality and design. Their products are built to last. I ordered my product online. I found I had some questions so I contacted support center, where you could ask a question and of course different answers showed up or you contact an expert and get more personal attention. It was great. Their foundation is built on a culture of honesty and integrity, and respect for their customers.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I ordered Garmin at a Best Buy store. The selection was very good as with most products at Best Buy. I like the joint venture with Chrysler to put Garmin in their vehicles. I find that Garmin is completely reliable. It's very easy to maneuver from one selection to another. I found traffic conditions alerts to be very helpful when traveling. The screen size has gotten bigger recently which really helps. It's very easy to read without jeopardizing safety. But it takes a long time to update the maps and it only covers a certain portion of the United States. The memory could be expanded. But it's a good product at a fair price.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

The device works well most of the time; however, their big sales pitch is "Lifetime Renewable Maps." This is a fantastic lie at best. The first time I tried to renew they said the device didn't have enough memory to renew and I needed to upgrade the memory for some fee. So, they are providing a device with renewable maps, but conveniently don't provide enough memory for the future to do that - what? So, then I try to renew at a later time and they tell me my computer is screwed up. It works perfectly, has all the security systems in place, never been hacked and as I say works perfectly for all other applications.

So, next they have me call some company in California called Easysoft (never told me it was an outside company). They say my computer is messed up and want $65 to repair. They won't take a credit card but want to copy a bank check and are asking me for personal banking information. Then the operator says they need another $5 for California sales tax even though I live in PA. The thing is a complete scam and I will never ever by Garmin products again. Don't buy their crap!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

It’s a good GPS product and I like it. I like how it works. It is efficient and effective and accurate and it makes my life easier to get from one place to another. It is a useful thing to use when I go out. The product selection and experience was very good. I was happy about it and everything went very smoothly so I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants one of these items.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Garmin?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

When doing research to decide what brand GPS to purchase, Garmin was consistently ranked higher than any other. They are a well respected and trusted company. I ordered a Garmin GPS on Amazon during a "deal of the day" event several years ago. I specifically wanted a system that came with a lifetime map update feature, so I waited until the opportunity came up. It was a very positive experience and exactly as expected. The only problem I had with my GPS was that it sometimes took quite a while to access the satellites for positioning. It was annoying at times if I was out of town in an unfamiliar place. I would have to stop and wait in a random parking lot while the system acquired the satellites.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I bought Garmin from Best Buy in the store. It was amazing, quick and easy. No problems to purchasing it. Customer service was great. The employee was able to help me pick out what would be best for my needs. I liked the Map Updates, Built-In Bluetooth-equipped phone to voice-activate the GPS through the built-in microphone and speaker for safe, hands-free navigation. It also had Traffic Updates and a high-resolution touch-screen display reveals preloaded, detailed street maps of North America. Some features can be a little hard to understand on how to set up so it would be nice to have better instructions. Moreover, features that will be able to know if there has been an accident so you can detour. Other than that I think everything is great.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

There is always a good assortment of products to fit your price range from store brand to name brand. I like how they have so many locations and the staff is always willing to help with anything you may need with their expertise, anything that you may need while you are at the store even when you don't know what you're doing. Once you checkout, depend on the item the sales team will ask if you need help like with head light installation. However, I wish they offered some more services like diagnostics and more sales and coupons and discounts on various items when purchased together.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I order online as there is no store in my area. Unlike some sites help is automatic and things don't get lost in translation like they do with some companies. I really like everything about the company from policies to products. They have high quality, made to last parts. The staff is always friendly and well informed on what they are selling. This really helps me feel like I can fix things myself with guidance from them. The only thing I wish was that there was a physical store in my area so I didn't have to shop online but I am used to it around here.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

My husband and I went there because our car was leaking some type of fluid. Employees were more than willing to help. They followed me outside in the snow, looked under the hood. They were able to diagnose our issue and we were confident in their diagnosis. We were happy we went to the shop instead of a repair place. We weren't in the store long, and the employees didn't charge us for looking under the hood. Very friendly and helpful staff. It really put our minds at ease. It was a very good experience, honestly. It was wonderful. I will go again and would recommend this shop to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I purchased my old unit in a retail store a few years ago. The salesperson was helpful in finding a unit that fit my needs and helped explain how the different units worked and their various features. I like Garmin because they have a quality product. They help people get around without having to use a paper map. The units are modern looking and can come with accessories to attach them to your dashboard. The software always had updates for the maps. They are so prevalent that my elderly father calls all GPS units or software "a Garmin".

However, they are a bit antiquated. Garmin aren't really used anymore because everyone has GPS on their phones. They have up to date maps, but its easier to just use an app on your phone. My father had trouble getting the most recent maps and actually got lost because of that. It would be nice if they updated immediately. The devices can be rather chunky, too. Most new vehicles come with GPS installed in the dash, so you wouldn't need an independent device outside of the dash.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Store/site is easy to navigate. Prices are much better than getting from a dealer or accessory shop. I prefer to buy my own part/accessory, then take it to mechanic and have a repair done that way. Customer service is great. Always willing to help and make suggestions. There is a great selection of whatever you might need, and if they don't have it right then, it's usually the next day or they can check with other locations to get what you need quickly. There is one guy that helps my elderly mother all the time with her aging Lumina. He always goes above and beyond. At times, there isn't anyone extra around, a lot of times, you have an associates pulled outside to investigate, which is greatly appreciated, but can bog down the buying process if there isn't another person there to help at the counter. It would be nice to have a part time person to come in at peak hours to assist.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Small and strong. It works as it is said to. For the price, I love it so much. The price is better than most others. That’s the best ever of its kind. I got from the online store. It was a lot less money online than in store. Absolutely amazing.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I went online to amazon.com, read reviews about the device and after going over multiple user reviews regarding the product I then made a purchase on eBay. The product was very easy to use would be my first feature that I liked. And whether or not it hooks into a cigarette lighter outlet in the car, also I really like real-time traffic updates and speed trap notifications. The tone of the voices that they use sometimes bothers me and the volume control is sometimes cumbersome and hard to find on the screen. The backlight can be way too bright for my eyes sometimes and blind me.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

What I like about the Advance Auto Parts store is the location is within a 15 minute drive. The product selection that the auto parts carry is general and they have on hand what I need or willing to order the parts that I need for my vehicles. However the prices can be more expensive due to the location and the competition's lack of other parts stores. The store is nice and the staff is courteous though.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

It has been many years since I purchased an navigator from Garmin, but I loved it. I purchased it from Best Buy and the experience was fine. It was new technology but it was easy to understand. I believe the reason I replaced it was due to the maps expiring. I find it rather odd that it costs more to update the maps on a navigator than it does to just replace it. Every navigator I have ever purchased was replaced because it was cheaper to just throw it out and buy a new one when the maps were outdated.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I went to Best Buy to buy the gps. I liked it very much because you could customize the voice and stuff. And I especially like that at night the screen was darker so that was easier on the eyes. Updating the maps was not super easy, though.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

The staff was great and generous in their knowledge of my vehicle and the parts I needed. If they didn't know they looked it up... they were helpful in showing me the best way to change the blower in my truck. I would recommend this store to friends and family. I continue to do business here. I just dislike that the parking lot had trash from where customers had worked on vehicles and bags with trash laying around. It appeared someone cleaned out their car.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

They offer quality and professionalism. They are what I'd consider a high quality organization. Their products are second to none and they deliver in a good time, so as to not make the customer wait too long. I ordered online and got the products in reasonable time. I got them within about two weeks. This was extremely important because I needed the parts in a very reasonable time frame.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I typically walk inside the store to purchase items. I always call and reserve my parts in advance so I know that the parts will be there when I arrive. Prices are fair and competitive and the salespeople are friendly. I just wish they would have more registers open because there is usually a line. I also believe that they could improve the layout of the store and include free instructions with every part. But I like this company. I believe that this is a reputable company who believes in quality service. They stock a large assortment of parts and if they don't have it they will order it in. The customer service is great and some people who are there expressly for the purpose of helping you understand how to check for problems in your vehicle specifically sensors.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Expensive Fenix 2, waterproof/weather proof face fogged up whilst winter mountain climbing in the UK and couldn't see compass or GPS. Also fogs up every time I swim. Told support and they said it is normal that it fogs up and just because it is waterproof doesn't mean it won't fog up. I told them my husband's $40 watch never fogs up in any kind of weather. They just repeated what they said and said I should use a map and compass. I paid a ton of money for this watch for the compass, gps, barometer, altimeter, etc and at times, in rain, snow and insane winds on a mountain, you can't just whip out a map, especially when you're on rope. They didn't care. Finally they told me they would replace it for $120 which is probably a refurb and I can now, since the Fenix 2 has been out for two years, can get a special edition Fenix 2 on Prime for $150.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

There are currently no features that I am pleased with, I think a lot of updates should happen. Update the directional map. It continuously gets me lost, making this product very unsafe for a like truck drivers and different people. I would update all features. Maybe the manual input, that would be about the only positive thing. But again one person in our house loves it I don't. Purchased in Walmart store. At the time the selection was great. Again we're just back to the big-name hype it was built up bigger than it was. This time I am researching more deeply.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Good company and very helpful. They attend to our needs and meet them very fast. The product selection and customer service was great. I ordered in store and the people were very nice and helpful.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

It was a great gps system for the money. I do however think the updates For the unit should be cheaper. I also think there should be some types of trade in when a newer version is released. The unit should have some sort of trade in value when a newer version of the unit is released. Otherwise this is a solid buy. I bought the unit online. The process was quick and the shipping was quick. I would suggest buying this product online as the experience is much smoother than your brick and mortar stores.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Their prices are good, not any higher than other auto parts stores. They usually have good sales, and prices on their items for those sales. They usually always have what I'm looking for and don't hesitate to help me locate it if they don't. The product selection is pretty large in my opinion. I couldn't pin point exactly what I'm looking for due to the wide selection of products and services that are offered. Their customer service is usually very good. There's only been a few times when I was unable to get help quickly but that's normal across the board, in my opinion at least.

The only thing that I would improve about them is sometimes it's hard to find exactly what you're looking for. There's been a few times that I've bought the wrong thing and then I had to go through the whole return process which isn't very much fun. Also sometimes you can't return certain items even if it isn't right part for your vehicle which means I waste money and that's frustrating.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I purchased a unit in store and the customer service was great but the knowledge of the representative could have been much better and could have led me to buy a more expensive unit if I knew all the features of that upgraded unit. Hopefully next time I guess. I like that they are always up to date with their new maps. Other older gps systems used to have older maps and would be incorrect at times. So this is refreshing.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I purchased this item (Garmin Nuvi 2559LMT) to drive in Greece where I cannot read the streets signs in their alphabet. I knew that there was a time period before I could purchase a SIM card and use Google maps. I had to drive from the airport to a seaside town where I would be working at a refugee camp. I ordered this item from Amazon because my local stores did not carry the Europe maps which I needed. When I arrived in Athens, I discovered that the Nuvi did not recognize addresses. I needed to go to a specific hotel, at a specific address in a specific town. I found this pattern consistent, every time I tried to use it. Once I had a SIM card, I used Google maps which recognized all of the addresses.

In the beginning, I had to do workarounds, getting to a town and then asking people for directions. I had done that the year before at night which was a safety issue for me and I purchased the Nuvi to keep me safe. As a side note, the screen also froze and I would have to turn it off, reboot, to get the screen to clear. After two months, I returned to the US. I contacted Amazon for a return and they told me I had to contact Garmin since the box had been opened and it was beyond 30 days. I then contacted Garmin who said I had to return it to the place of purchase and they could not help me except to troubleshoot the problem (addresses in Greece). They assured me that all of the addresses were there and it worked fine in Europe. Not true.

I then recontacted Amazon and they agreed to refund the costs since I had contacted Garmin and they would not help. No one should buy this product for travel in Europe. I have had a US Garmin for years and it has worked fine. A few glitches on streets but overall great. I was excited to rely on the European version where it is not always possible to have a SIM card which are rarely sold at airports. It failed to do the job it was supposed to do. It should be taken off the market.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I purchased my Garmin 5S at the end of April. Since purchasing I have had nothing but problems with it. I understand that every device is not always going to be perfect. However, trying to get Garmin Product Support to help you is extremely difficult. They say you will have a response within 24 hours, but responses either do not come at all, or can take up to a week. My watch needs to be sent back, due to no fault of my own. (It has stopped connecting to my phone and the app and the functions no longer work.) The email I received to send it back was generic instructions across all Garmin products. It took almost a week for me to get the information, not I will need to wait a week to hear back on the clarification I need.

Aside from this, I am responsible for paying the shipping to send it back to them. I find this absolutely ridiculous since it is their watch's faultiness causing it to need to go back. I would prefer it would have just worked correctly from the beginning. It is also going to take up to 10 business days for me to receive it back. Based on the false timeline they give for product support responses, I am guessing it will be over a month until I get it back. I spent over $600 on this watch and have not been able to use it correctly because of the malfunctions associated with it. Now I am going to have to pay to send it back and wait even longer for it to be fixed before I can use it again. Dealing with Garmin has been worse than dealing with any budget airlines, or cable providers.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I bought my Garmin from Best Buy. The customer service was adequate. I could have just bought it online but I needed it right away. It was a convenient transaction overall. I like that it has turn by turn directions, custom voice options, easy mounting options and updated mapping and GPS options. It seemed to be the easiest interface compared to Magellan or TomTom, except maybe Google’s phone app. This unit replaced my old TomTom. The Waypoints could use some updating though.

Original review: July 5, 2017

GPS system is very capable and smart, also the price is great for this type of item. I have tried similar items and they were not as good nor as price savvy and this is why I choose Garmin as my GPS and will continue to promote them and their products. Garmin's features is good the way it is. This company has always come through and they have continuously been a loyal brand. All in all it was a very good experience from sales to customer service. It was in fact, better than previous in-store trips.

Garmin Company Information