Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.70/5
Based on 98 reviews that contain star ratings

Dodge Caliber

The Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that was produced from model years 2007-2012. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

102 Dodge Caliber Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 9, 2017

After reading all the reviews I feel really lucky. I have a 2008 Caliber. Yes, I did have some repairs completed over the years. Water pump at 83,000 miles. Two batteries in eight years. Replaced all four struts at 120,000 miles. Replaces all front end parts at 150,000 miles. Right now I have 163,000 miles on my Caliber and it's still ticking. I wasn't happy about the water pump, or the second battery. However all the other repairs were wear and tear issues. Not sure how long my car will keep running but so far so good. I still get 27 mpg. I did get a new car, but still use the old Caliber for work and trips to the store. Hope to get 200,000 miles. But won't put any more money in it.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Got my Caliber in 2007. Had been leased out for a few months and already had 21,000 miles on it. At first, things weren't so bad. Typical type repairs, but after 4 years, it started making a funny sound. Ended up needing a whole new transmission. $3500. Then few months later was making a whiny clicking sound. I had so many people look at it and no one could figure it out. Turned out it was the alternator.

A year later I was driving and at a red light, car dies. I find the belt totally shredded. The condenser went bad making a chain reaction and even destroyed the compressor. Got it fixed, but more problems and I've gone almost 2 years with an AC that works sometimes, but most of the time not. When I turned left, loud scraping sound. Never did figure that out. Over the last few months, changed out a ton of stuff including motor mounts. Condenser and compressor totally stopped working again. Took it last week to Dodge to have them check it out... and I already own $1000 in repairs from 2 months ago. Dodge wanted around $5000 to fix things. They said were very major. I went to Hyundai and bought a new car today and only got $400 for the Caliber... such a waste. The ONLY good part of the Caliber was the sound system.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

ANTI-LOCK AND SUSPENSION IS WONDERFUL, ELECTRIC WINDOW PROBLEM. Oftentimes it hesitates upon acceleration when cold; suspension rust problem and intermittent passenger window problem. Great on gas; its best feature is the anti-lock and the ability to be handled in adverse situations. It handles well. Be careful of alternator and rear removable trunk cover. The bar is shabby and hard to replace even through the dealer.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

My wife has a 2007 Dodge Caliber with about 80k on it. Purchased it after a lease in 07 right off the dealer lot. We've replaced every part in the front end of this car at least once and some twice. Now we had the car in for general Service on Saturday and the mechanic tells us the engine cradle is rusting out and tells us he's seen several of these cars with the same issue. I search and sure enough I see that they have issued an "extended warranty" for these cars with this issue. I called Dodge and was told that our "mdh sales code" isn't included in the warranty. This is nearly $1,000.00 of work for an issue caused by bad material that they are aware of and they refuse to make it right even though I have the right make, model, year, and the EXACT issue. Last Chrysler product we ever buy.

Original review: June 4, 2016

I bought a 2010 Dodge Caliber SXT in November of 2011 with 38,000 miles. I have replaced the battery, starter, brake pads and bought new tires so far. The other day we decided to take a road trip 4 hours away. 45 minutes into the road trip, the trans oil temp light came on and the car started running weird like it was struggling. We stopped and let it cool down and took it to an oil change place. It was due for an oil change so I got one and they couldn't check the trans oil because it requires a part only the dealer has. We decided to continue our road trip and the car was fine. The car also started making a creaking noise mostly at lower speeds and I'm not sure what is causing it or if it's serious.

The car currently has 106,000 miles on it. Because of bad credit from the time of purchasing the car, I had an 18% interest rate and currently still owe $6400 on the car. I am considering trading the car in at this point because though it has been a good car, after reading some of the reviews of things that have gone wrong it might be time. Unfortunately, the Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep that has been harassing me via mail pleading with me to trade in my Dodge Caliber because they need it for their lot so bad is only offering me $3,000 for it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do but I know it needs some maintenance and I need to have it fully inspected to see if it's worth keeping. Altogether it has been a good car requiring very little repairs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Caliber?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2016

My driver side headlight went out in October 2015. I changed the bulb twice and checked all wiring and couldn't find anything until I checked the internet and found someone had the same problem. She said they reset her TIPM at dealership for $100. I took my car to my local auto mechanic - Auto Medics in Auburn Hills, MI and I mentioned it to them and they tried it and sure enough, the headlight started working and they only charged me $30!

If your undercarriage is rotting out check with the dealership for a recall because they don't send the recall to you! The awesome manager, Nick, at Auto Medics checked with his friend at the dealership and my car was under recall. I was able to take it in to get it repaired but of course they want you to pay for any other parts that need to be replaced while they remove the rotting carcass. They wanted to charge me $580! for the parts that needed to be replaced (at Christmas time 2015).

They don't charge you labor because it is under recall but they will try to get their money somehow. Well I asked if I could get the parts and reluctantly he said yes. I got everything from Rock Auto for $170, and that is including $20 for shipping! These dealerships should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of people like they do!!! Good luck!!! Hope this helps someone!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2016

When taking our 2008 Dodge Caliber R/T in for the yearly inspection, we were told that the subframe (what holds the transmission & engine in place) was completely rotted out. This is NOT normal and NOT wear and tear. The mechanic told us he's seen these pieces recalled and ensured us there was no way this was supposed to happen. So we took his advice and called every Dodge dealer in our area (Reedmans, Route 1 Dodge, etc) with no luck.

We were given the Dodge Customer hotline and spoke with a representative there who checked the part with recalls and she said that 2006 & 2007 were indeed recalled but NOT 2008 even though this is the EXACT same problem. This is bad steel - NOT a broken car part due to use. Dodge should be ashamed of themselves for installing bad steel and allowing small families to purchase this! Maybe when someone's engine falls out on the road and causes an accident they will consider extending the recall to the 2008 model.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2016

I called the customer service about my rear hatch being stuck. All I got was "you have to really look for the black tab in order to release the hatch." I pulled everything out of the rear of the car and found nothing at all that looks like a black tab. I then checked the fuses and none are burned out. I then tried to find a repair manual and was told there isn't one. It's only on DIY not printed at all. I'm beginning to wonder if there is one at all? What can I do to fix this? Dodge doesn't seem to have an answer at all. Help me please.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

Purchased a 2007 Dodge Caliber with 47,360 miles on it to save on gas expenses. My husband was using a 2000 GMC Jimmy which wasn't so fuel friendly. At first I honestly thought this was a great buy. Much better on gas than the Jimmy. I couldn't be more wrong. Constantly replacing front end parts. No power whatsoever. CVT making noise. Replacing another alternator this weekend (stupid ADP design... this makes #3) apparently sucking in air somewhere. Have "spark knock." This is a new one. Coolant recovery tank leaking. Front wheel bearings are bad. I HATE THIS CAR.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2015

I bought my 2011 Dodge Caliber new, and as of Oct. 2 it has less than 30,000 kilometres on it. So when the wiper blades on the front stopped working, I thought maybe a fuse. Maybe the wiper motor, said the tech at Varsity Chrysler in Calgary - we'll order the part. I've never had this problem with any other car I've owned. But then I got introduced to the wide wonderful world of that TIPN module. Apparently, mine was blown... And a $500 wiper motor part was magically transformed into a $1541.04 bill for module replacement/labor. No warranty, of course...except on the powertrain blah blah.

Best part of this odious experience - the service desk clerk who sympathized with my shell shock about the bill (she apparently has seen this before with low mileage cars and large repair bills). Oh, and when I tried to leave the lot, the orange engine light warning went on in the dashboard array. Another half hour to fix this... Which happened apparently, "just because it sometimes does." So said the tech. I asked for the damaged part back, and was told I'd have to pay a "core fee" of $160 to get it back. No way to prove blown TIPN... How convenient. And the vehicle maintenance package I purchased for oil changes apparently expired in June. Car needs an oil change, but I'm not giving Chrysler any more of my business.

Dodge Caliber Company Information

www.dodge.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.