Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.71/5

Dodge Journey

The Dodge Journey is a mid-size crossover SUV that debuted in 2007. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

237 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

The Dodge Journey is perfect for me and my family. It's black and I love that color! It's really good on gas so that's good also. I got it for a great price and it's everything I wanted! It has a big screen, 3 row seats, heated steering wheel, heated seats, and coolers in the floor boards. The passenger seat lifts up and there is storage! However, I kind of regret getting leather seats because they get dirty so easily. I wish it would pick up and go a little better. Also, when I'm getting on the highway it takes a bit to speed up. I knew that when I got it though.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Love the Dodge Journey. Roomy. I have a car seat in the back and it fits nice, I don't have to move the seats around to get it in and out. It handles well in the weather. It is not a four wheel drive, but it still handles well. Also, has a nice display screen. It has 3rd row seats and had great rebates when buying new. The blue color is nice, though it wouldn't be one I would typically choose. Has a ton of storage in the back when the third row is down. However, it would be nice to have a back up camera and also the blind spot detection on the side mirrors. I would like leather seats, but it wasn't a deal breaker. It would also be nice to have a remote car starter.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

To this date the experience with the Dodge Journey has been outstanding. I have arthritis in my knees and it is really great for getting in and out. The blind spots are the only thing I have really found that was bad about this car. Other than that, the main reason I bought this car was because of the price and outstanding service. The dealership has been by far very great and I would recommend them to anyone wanting a new car. The free oil changes are great too.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I got my 2013 Dodge Journey in June of 2018. Had it a year now but when I got it I noticed when pushing the button to start it it would not turn over so I took it back and the salesman had no problems but looked at me as if I was stupid but it kept doing this so I wanted a new starter and they put a new one in and it still does it and I have noticed that my panel lights come on when I'm sitting with nothing on. They come on and go off and my cruise control works when it wants to and I get really bad gas mileage and I use my car for security work so besides driving 16 miles five days a week I'm using a lot of gas doing patrols as well. I don't know if a tune up or oil change will help and since I'm still paying on it I can t trade it in. Maybe Dodge should buy everyone who has these death trap cars different ones cause now I'm stuck with this car and I do worry about my safety.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Have had nothing but issues with our 2012 AWD SXT. Have changed all the motor mounts. Oil cooler, rear differential and numerous sensors. If I didn't have a master mechanic as a friend I would be out thousands in repairs. I have replaced alternator, starter, and now looks like rear differential. Car has 142k but have always kept service up on it. Piece of junk. I have thought about sinking in the lake, seriously. Horrible vehicle.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Journey?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I bought a used 2017 Journey from a dealer. Ran well for the first couple months. As of 2/22/2019, I will have had this car for a year. Over the last 4 or 5 months, I have found that I am having to jump start the car every morning. I have been to the dealer twice now and several other auto shops. All of which tell me they cannot find a problem and that the battery and charging system all test fine. I am now on my 3d battery in less than 4 months. I refuse to believe I am buying that many bad batteries in a row. Upon getting out of the car, I have also noticed that the dash lights will go off and on continually which I feel is also a problem. Yet no explanation from the dealer or anyone as to why this is happening also.

It's like the car is not fully shutting down and the electronics are killing the battery every night. The dealer did replace my battery with the biggest battery they could just to appease me and get me out of their hair. But yet it was dead again that next morning. Dealer has refused to look at it anymore and has referred me to other dealers. I'm now left with a newer car that I am making payments on for the next several years that has to be jump started every time I wish to go somewhere. Absolutely sad excuse for a vehicle. And after reading all the reviews on this model of Dodge, I am now ashamed to say that I am stuck with a piece of crap. And this is only one of the issues I am having with the car.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I purchased my 2015 Dodge Journey SXT in 2015 with 16,000 miles on it. The car worked fine until 55,000 miles. I had to have the radiator fan replaced, 3 motor mounts, computer replaced, front struts replaced, battery replaced and more. Thankfully I had an extended warranty because the car took about a month to repair. I would have had to pay out of pocket above $5,000-$7000 in costs. No issues with the dealer but beware of this car. It will cost you $$ without a warranty. So I traded it in for a Honda Pilot. I hope the Pilot is a more reliable SUV.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I get 14 miles to a gal not 22 I should get. I drove 230 miles on a full tank, used 3/4 of a tank so I reset gas. Filled tank, drove to a half a tank 142 miles. I got 14 miles to a gal on it. It's a 2015 Dodge Journey with 138500 miles on it. Does anyone know what's going on here?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I recently returned my 2012 Dodge Journey due to the fact that upon inspection after two years of owning, they discovered it has frame damage! The rear bumper was starting to separate from the vehicle, which sparked my curiosity as to why this was happening! Apparently the vehicle had been in an accident prior to my purchasing! Which was not disclosed upon purchasing, obviously no dealership will disclose this information due to the simple fact they will not get the sale! I am very disappointed with my purchase hence my returning of the vehicle! I will to be disputing the voluntary repossession as they stated will stay on my credit report for 7 to 10 years! If this is the way this company does business, then I advise the buyer beware!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Brand new Dodge Journey (2018) nearly every time I get in the passenger side door I scrape my leg to the point of bleeding. The metal track the seat moves on the move back and forth protrudes to where you put your leg in.

Dodge Journey Company Information