1.55/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 6, 2018

220 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 6, 2018

In 2014 I drove my dream car off the lot! Had every option that one would ever need including heated seats and steering wheel! Unbeknownst to me this was about to become a nightmare that is still not over. My 2014 Dodge Journey currently has 42,000 miles on it and is on its 5th battery, numerous trips to the dealership which it’s been sitting at now for 2 weeks tomorrow. This vehicle eats batteries and no one can find the “short”. Was at the dealer last month after leaking transmission fluid, which they say was some type of adapter. The module that controls the temps for the backseat has become unattached from the roof of the vehicle and squeaks. Dealer said they can’t do anything about it. The past two weeks have been hell. The dealer has tried everything possible to somehow blame me for the mishaps and even suggesting the vehicle was in an accident. Buyer beware! Stay far away from Dodge!

Original review: March 16, 2018

We purchased brand new Dodge Journey 2017. After six months brake it’s not working. I just park the car then I try to start the car. Brake so tight not working plus this car so slow. 0 speed too much gas overall. I really like to give in them ⭐️.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2018 I purchased an 09 Dodge Journey in November of 2016. It was great for about a month and then all of a sudden I go to start my car to go somewhere and it won't start, I had to get it towed to a dealership to find out the key fob was bad and under recall. They fixed free of charge, and attempted to fix the recalled airbag module, I had to take it back a month later when I found out the dummy light that was stuck on my car was for the airbag sensor, I had no airbags, then I have constantly had this burned smell of plastic and rubber and wiring, I have had it towed back to the dealer for them to fix the air bag problem again free of charge due to yet another recall. I have had it in the shop multiple times for the smoking problem, had to have a manifold gasket replaced for the healthy sum of $500.

The car still smokes like a freight train and stinks to high heaven.

I have replaced the brakes all around and a rotor, to no avail. All brake lights are still on as well as the check engine light, and the low tire sensor stays on. Also the radio barely picks up one station and is so static filled you can't even stand to have it on, where as my husband's truck picks up many stations. It has started shimmying and sounds like a diesel going down the road. Every time I go somewhere I park as far away as I can because the smoke is so disturbing. I have also had to replace the air conditioning on this car. When I bought it it has 148,000 miles on it. In a year's time I haven't put even 10,000 miles on it because it's been broke down more than driven. It has 153,000 on it now, and I still owe 7,000 on it, as soon as possible it will be traded in. This was the first and last Dodge product I have ever owned. Never again will Dodge have my business. I warn anybody to steer clear of any Dodge product.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I bought a 2010 Dodge Journey. Never missed an oil change (and changed oil more frequently than required by shop sticker because I went by the oil sensor). I knew front end problems were common with this car as my mechanic warned me when I bought it (ball joint replacements pretty damn common... No biggie. I can live with that). I started losing rpms while driving. Never lost power, just became gutless and struggled to maintain certain speeds. Took it in to 2 places for full diagnostics, ended up changing crankshaft sensor 1 month, camshaft sensor couple months later, variable timing sensors, list goes on, and it's still having timing issues.

My heater went, my horn went, my sanity is now gone too. This vehicle is a curse and when you contact Dodge with these VERY common problems, they claim ignorance to these things and act like you're the only one. **The horn issue is a huge safety hazard and upon research by myself AND my mechanic... IT IS WIDESPREAD WITH THE 2010s and yet... No recall. Yet, Chrysler denies the problem.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

In 2015 I bought a 2014 Dodge Journey SXT with almost 33k on it. Besides being sold a car with an open recall (3 completed to date on the vin), it has been nothing but a headache. The gas is good, and it's a 4cyl so that helps, but that's the only reason I gave it 2 stars. In addition to recalls, the engine has leaked oil (taking 4 trips to the same Dodge dealer we purchased from) to get it fixed and multiple parts replaced (oil plug, oil pan gasket, serpentine gasket). Now, at 71k, the hose that goes to the radiator (right under the metal cap) has completely cracked and is leaking fluid badly. But powertrain doesn't cover it...

The car's 3 years old!! I've had the car less than 2 years and have made 10+ trips to the dealership just for repairs that I should not be encountering this early on in. On top of that, the cruise control, and satellite radio do not work properly, and the radio changes volume and channels whenever it feels like it. The display screens periodically go blank (mph display and radio). A few months back, my air/heat randomly turned on 4 times on its own while I was driving. I'm about to purchase my 2nd set of tires in less than 2 years. Overall this is the worst out of 4 cars I've bought, and will NEVER buy one again. I tell everyone I know never, ever to consider it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

We bought our Journey in April 2017, brand new! In August after putting around 6,000 miles on the car we started having issues... The check engine light, traction control light and this lightning bolt light all come and I can't accelerate. I can coast to a stop but that is it! It has happened to me five times now, all in different situations. Twice on my driveway going slow, on the frontage road doing about 60 and having to pull over halfway in someone's yard and out in the road, in the city where I had to think fast and try to find a place to get off the road quickly... This is a huge safety issue! Once I get slowed down the car starts to shake really bad, put it in park and it quits shaking. I am able to turn it off and sit for a few minutes, start it up and drive again. The check engine light remains on for a day or two and goes out. I take it into the dealership each and every time but they are unable to fix the issue.

Even with the error codes saved on the Event Data Recorder (EDR) which is on all Dodge Journeys from 200-2017. They have tried FOUR times now and according to a few sites regarding the Montana Lemon Law, this car is a Lemon. However, try talking to the corporate "big wigs" and they claim that the internet research is "vague" and in fact they have to duplicate the issue in order for it to qualify as a "Lemon". My response was, "this can happen to me 10,000 times but until the issue duplicates at the dealership with your technician, it is not a lemon?!" His response was "yes". So Chrysler doesn't care about my safety or the safety of my family (we have two young boys). When it happens, it's an unnerving feeling, especially in traffic and areas I am unable to get off the road safely.

I am beyond upset that Chrysler doesn't "care" for its customers. This is a HUGE safety issue for my family. I bought a brand new car to avoid issues like this and now I am scared to drive my new car anywhere, especially any place that doesn't have areas to pull off in an emergency. Coming into winter in Montana, only making the roads that much more unsafe for travel. On top of that... The value of my car has decreased immensely! How can I trade it in or sell it when any smart individual will pull a Carfax and see what's wrong with it. From the Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.'s website: "The lemon law covers any defect or condition that substantially impairs the use and market value or SAFETY of the motor vehicle to the consumer."

I was told by our salesperson we worked with when purchasing the vehicle that I would need to become a royal "B" every single day, be persistent in bugging these people every single day. This is not my personality! Not to mention why does it have to come to that before they realize the real issue at hand... SAFETY! I urge anyone to NOT buy a Dodge Journey. Perhaps avoid all Chrysler vehicles in general.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I purchased a 2016 Dodge Journey on October 5, 2016 with 32 Miles on it and drove it for 6 months and right around the time the weather started to get warmer my journey started to fail me. I have taken my vehicle in 6 different time for the same issue (7/18/17, 7/19/17, 7/25/17, 8/4/17, 8/11/17, 9/14/17) it stalls while driving, wont pick up speed, after letting it sit for about 10 mins it starts back up. I've been stranded with my 3 and 8yr old Daughters waiting on help to arrive only to have it put into the shop and be told each time they cant duplicate the problem.

After reading the complaints online and seeing I’m not the only one who's having this problem I’m asking Chrysler to please step in and help us out. I've been told that a Chrysler engineer will look at and fix my vehicle, I dont know if it happened or not. I was told that the problem couldn't be duplicated and but it’s still stalling. I was told they flushed the fuel lines and dropped and cleaned the fuel tank, did the factory recall, they even looked for codes to help solve the problems. All which have not worked.

Now I'm being told that I have bad gas, the funny thing is I get my Gas from the same gas station as the dealership and I fill up my other vehicle and the rental cars from the same place. Now it’s someone has put something in my gas tank. Even today the manager at the dealership asked me if I had kids and when I said Yes he said maybe one of them may have put Dark pop like (Coke or Pepsi) in my tank... Wow. When will it end? I put all my Money into this Vehicle each month for myself then my Daughters and all I want is a reliable vehicle that is what I thought I was purchasing. I have every work order and many of other complaint that I have gotten online regarding the same problems and from the looks of them none of them have been resolved. If someone could please help me on what my next steps should be please feel free to reach out. I've completed my customer arbitration process application to declare my 2016 Dodge Journey a LEMON...

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We bought our Journey brand new. After a week of driving the check engine light came on. Dealership continues to tell us nothing is wrong and resets it. Only 9000 miles and the light is back on for the 4th time.

Original review: July 23, 2017

Bought a 2017 Dodge Journey 02/2017 with only 9 miles when I drove off the lot. About 6,000 miles in the car started stalling. The engine shuts off completely and I lose all power steering. Radio and lights still on. I immediately have to obviously come to a complete stop in traffic, put the car in park, press the brake and restart the vehicle (starts up with no problems). It does it at random, some weeks more than others. I have taken my car to service where purchased (under full warranty) 3 times already. I already have a case number when Chrysler and Under Arizona Lemon Law I have to at least give them 4 attempts. Of course whenever the car is in their possession they cannot get it to duplicate the problem. I have had 3 different people in my car when it has done this. I have even now purchased a dash cam. My car is currently in the shop 07/23/2017 for the 3rd time and once I receive it back I will be installing the dash cam to catch the stalling on video.

Dodge has reached out to the "engineers" and tried to come up with a reason on why this would be happening. So far they suggested to the dealership to replace sensors (didn't work), to replace wiring (didn't work). Now they want me to do a ride along with one of their mechanics and even hook up a device to my car that reads codes (won't work). The funny thing is, Chrysler is aware that the Dodge Journey's have this problem but yet don't know where it's coming from or how to fix it yet they keep selling this dangerous and unsafe product (did I mention I have a 5 year old) who loves to sit in the 3rd row, when my car is basically asking to be rear ended. Please stay away from any Dodge Journey no matter the year. They all clearly have problems and the situation is only getting worse.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I bought my 2010 Dodge journey sxt back in 2014. Here is the list of all I have had to have done to it: 1) new passenger door latch, 2) new Brake pedal switch, 3) new EGR valve, 4) two new tie rods, 5) new head gasket, and 6) new catalytic converter. Living with, or still needs done: Rear seat arm rest, plastic fell apart, Passenger side front head rest broken (plastic) part to keep it in place. #s 4, 5, 6 all within the past year. I'd get rid of it, except I'm still too far upside down on the loan.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I purchased this vehicle a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT used at a local dealership and they are no help whatsoever Fredrick Ford in Seaford, DE. First few weeks went to use my horn and it does not work... My husband checked the fuse box and realized fuse was disconnected (how did this pass inspection???) When he reconnected the fuse the horn just went off and would not stop. My husband also had me take it back because he realized the front end was riding rough... Rack and pinion starting to go... They will not fix b/c it is not covered under power train warranty!!! Approx. 1200.00 to fix. Then the car doesn't start... Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't!!! I had the alternator, starter and battery checked... all good!!! I did get a new battery anyway. That is no good because it still needs to be jumped constantly and I'm making payments on this lemon!!!

Tires wore down within a year. This car is a piece of crap!!! A complete lemon. Dodge should be ashamed of yourselves putting families and especially children in danger!!! I will tell everyone I know what garbage this car is. I have had nothing but problems since I got it. It makes me sick to make this car payment every month!!! THIS CAR IS A LEMON!!!

Original review: June 9, 2017

I bought a new Dodge Journey 2017 on March 29. Car rode rough from the beginning, took back to original dealer who did nothing. Service told me to drive for 600 miles then bring back to have tires checked. I call the tire Kumho on my auto. They sent me to Discount Tires for a tire check. Tires were not balanced. This did not change ride of auto. Called Dodge customer they sent me to another dealer today. He said it was my suspension. Still nothing has ever been done or checked except for tires. I am 70 and bumping around is stressful. Dodge Journey is a nightmare.

Original review: June 1, 2017

Bad car will not start. Check the battery and alternator. All good but will not start. Would not recommend anyone to buy this car. It's a lemon. Manufacturer should recall all Dodge Journey. They are junk!!!

Original review: May 23, 2017

I recently purchased a 2009 Dodge Journey. I purchased it from a private owner but at a shop. However, about a week ago, while I was driving the vehicle my dashboard lit up with every light possible! I had no clue what was going on (and still don't as of today)... the next day it did the same thing but this time it shut down and would not start! I had it towed to a Chrysler dealership. They changed the module/ignition due to a recall. I was able to drive my Journey that day which was a Friday afternoon. However the next day/night (Saturday night) it did the same thing and shut down!!! I had it towed home (sad face)...

Sunday it would not start at all. Monday I called the tow company (AAA) to have it towed back to the same shop but it managed to start once the tow company got to my home. I drove the vehicle back to the dealership. I picked it back up today (Tuesday)... I was able to drive it BUT they said they don't know why it keeps shutting down! Sooo what am I to do! Obviously this vehicle is not dependable nor safe to drive!!!

Original review: May 20, 2017

2017 Dodge Journey - I was in a car accident and the air bags did not deploy. Do I need to say anymore. I won't get in the car if you paid. DON'T BUY THIS CAR. IT'S UNSAFE. I have already call Dodge and haven't receive a yet.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I purchased my 2015 Dodge Journey 2 months ago. The call function quit working. Next I pressed the screen and it shattered. Now Chrysler is saying it is my fault - not covered under the warranty. Now $1800 to fix it. Not very happy especially since I just bought the vehicle. Had I know that I would not have purchased.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I have a 2009 Dodge Journey and it has been pure hell! It cuts off on me while I am driving down the road and I have to shove it in neutral, crank it back up, throw it in drive again. I am scared to go anywhere because if I cut the car off it might not crank back up. The dealership has been terrible! I take it to the dealership to have it fixed and they replace the ground wire on the battery, not fixing ANYTHING! Car still doesn't want to start and there is smoke coming from the hood... Literally as I am writing this! I will NEVER buy another Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Fiat vehicle ever again in my life and I will never recommend that company to even my worst of enemies!!!

Original review: March 19, 2017

My 2010 Journey now has about 135,000 miles, most of it highway miles. I really don't have any complaints. It is a smooth ride and I just did a complete brake job at 132,000 miles, the first I've had to do. I live in northern Ohio with some pretty cold winters and I religiously change the oil every 3,000 miles at the local Chrysler/Dodge dealership and likewise have the tires rotated at each oil change. When I bought this vehicle new in 2010, I purchased a lifetime warranty from Chrysler with a $100 deductible. I happily haven't had to use the lifetime warranty but it's there if I need to. I guess that I'm one of the lucky ones to have a dependable vehicle...

Original review: March 7, 2017

I inherited a 2013 Dodge Journey in 2016 from my father's estate. The car had approx. 55,000 miles on it. Car ran great, had no issues initially. Was pleased with the bluetooth feature both for our phones and for our iPod. This feature suddenly stopped working. Took it in to the Dodge dealer here. Entire bluetooth module broken, non-functional. $600+ to replace. We have installed a system that alerts us to battery issues and other problems on an ongoing basis. Nearly every day it signals that there is a low battery issue. Brand new battery. We have had to jump the car once after not having started it for two days. What we finally noticed is that the CD player CONSTANTLY tries to eject a non-existent disc. The only remedy to this is to pull the fuse for the entire sound system. Of course, the car is now just out of warranty (just when the issues began).

We have also had issues with the cruise control not turning on, or turning off randomly while driving. The car has a 4-cylinder engine (not of my choice), and I fear that the thing is going to lock up or explode when getting on the interstate, as it has to rev up to as much as 6200 rpm before reaching a safe merging speed. We have also noticed that it doesn't like to downshift, and will run at high rpm long after it should have downshifted. I would not own this car were it not an inheritance. Never have liked Chrysler/Dodge products, and now I'm just reaffirmed as to why.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

I have a 2012 Dodge Journey that has started to break down. I have had little things pop up at first but now I am seeing major issues. I bought it brand new, I have 180,000 kilometers (100,000 miles) on it now. Being only 5 yrs old things are breaking down. I have had an issue with rear tire alignment. They tell me there is no way to adjust the rear end to fix tire wear. My Uconnect has gone dead, no radio, or display and lights flashing. The radio was acting up prior to going dead, no sound but the display was working. I cannot change the setting for heat except to put it on defrost. After the second year I had to have a vent motor replaced, would only blow hot air out of the passengers side. The power windows every now and then will go up halfway then go back down. My engine light just came on and was flashing. Book says it may be serious. Very disappointed with the durability of this vehicle. Would not recommend this vehicle.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

I bought the car new and while driving from Florida to Charlotte when I would brake the vehicle shook so bad in the front it felt like a used car that needed rotors and brakes. This vehicle is made cheap. It is a piece of crap and will never purchase another Dodge or Jeep ever. The tires get messed up because it always need an alignment. I should have stood with my Chevy.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

Don't have enough space for everything. Bought car new. Started hearing water when I shut doors. Water just poured out when shutting doors. Took to dealership and they left doors open and said there were little holes that would get stopped up with debris. I'm 68 years old and never heard of this. Problem continued and got worse with dome lights staying on (couldn't turn off). Had to unplug battery to reset according to some reviews I found on computer. One time after getting car, it locked on me with keys in car and me not locking. Dealership said this couldn't have happened. Well it did. Had to go buy a valet key to unlock. Radio just decides to not come on for some reason.

Replaced brakes, brand new battery in Sept. Now it's in garage again and they tell me battery is dead. They have had it a week and still trying to fix it. I have been lax in taking it in every time radio would go off and lights come on and wouldn't go off but I just got tired in telling them the problems and just dealt with it. When it wouldn't start last week, I had to have it towed. I was actually holding key in my hand when I tried to start it and it said key not detected. Of course it is not warranty. I am like many of you. This is not my first Dodge and I have always liked them but this 2012 Dodge Journey is a lemon. We all need to stand up for ourselves. Too many of us.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I purchased my 2009 Dodge Journey in 2014 with 88,000 miles on it. I have had problems after problems. I have had to change my brakes and rotors 3-4 times a year. My car randomly stops while driving. It will randomly not start. Sometimes, putting the car in neutral and then back in park with get it to start but not always. Windows will randomly not work. Took it in to a mechanic who stated it appears to have an electrical problem and the wires would spark when they tried to start it. Too many problems to list! I will never buy another Dodge again!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

This vehicle would start and run ok for so many days, and then out of the clear blue sky you drive it somewhere and turn it off and then get back into the vehicle and try starting it for it does not want to start or crank over. I changed the battery for a new one, replaced the alternator with a new one and it ran good for awhile and just yesterday going to a friend's house for dinner we had to stop for gas. When I filled the tank up, got back into the driver's seat, inserted the key and tried to start it and again it would not turn over, for all the electrical components works but it just would not crank over. Got a jump from a guy with an old Chevy PU and after a few minutes it started. I believe either one The moon was in Gemini again when this takes place or the Gremlins have been living in the engine without us knowing about it and living rent free.

This Dodge 2009 Journey is the worst POS car I ever owned and going to ** can it very soon and use it for target practice or something! Dodge makes Cheap Charlie Vehicles that will nickel and dime you to death no matter you buy a new or used one, so other words do not buy anything with the word Dodge on it or you be Damned the rest of your life and tell people the Devil made you buy it!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I bought a 2016 Dodge Journey with a 4cy in it back in February. Within a few days I noticed a jerking in the car like something was wrong with the car. I took it to the dealership several times told it was normal for the 4cy. So I traded it in May for the 2016 Dodge Journey with a v6. The first week was good. Shortly after I started noticing it acting like it was going to shut off and the brakes did feel right with a small shake.

Got a recall notice in the mail shortly after noticing this. So I took it to the dealership. My car was the first one they repaired. In doing so they had to change the oil pump twice cause the first one was messed up too. Then it was leaking transmission fluid in two places so they had to fix that. Then when I went to pick it up it jerk hard and I mean hard as soon as you put it in gear. I told them it was not fixed. I wasn't taking it. When the tech went to check the check engine light came on right away. They changed the valve body on the transmission. But as for the shake and brakes they said they could not duplicate. When I left the shake was worse than before. And when the car warmed up it started jerking but it doesn't do it all the time.

I have since took it back over and over. I finally get a tech that feeling the car jerk and he tell the advisor he felt it but it wasn't bad yet. He asked him what they should do. The guy shrugged his shoulders. They balanced the tires throwing the front end off which they had to do a front end alignment. That was on a Saturday. They told me to call the manager Monday. So on Monday I called the manager. He told me he heard I had come back but he had not got the details on what happen. I tell him the tech felt the jerk. He then stops me and says "I talked to him. He said he was scared for his life" and I needed to go get a second option somewhere else.

So I had to start over and have been told they can't duplicate anything. They balanced the tires and did a road hazard balance thing and changed a back tire. The car still shakes, vibrates when you brake, jerks on and off now at times as soon as it is put into gear. If on a hill it will roll back. It loses power and suddenly gains power. There is an egg smell that comes from the tail pipe. Then the other day the radio turns up three times by itself. Within a couple minutes it went from 17 to 18 to 19 then starts going up to 30+ before I grabbed the volume button and turned it down. The lights blink. They have done that from day one. It make random noise while driving. The car now has just under 13000 miles. At least a few thousand has come from it being in the shop. It has been in the shop for at least 1/2 the time I have owned it.

I have sent through the arbitration process and was told there had not been enough attempts to fix the problem for it to be considered under the lemon law. I know it has been in the shop 20+ times. At one point when I was working with Chrysler to try and get it fixed they wanted them to hook a computer to it for a whole day while I drove. The two dealership I have been dealing with don't have them so they say and the one they asked me to go over to tried to tell me I would have to pay $500 to leave with it that someone from there had to be with me because their last one was stolen. I asked them "so one of you is supposed to ride around with me all day". He told me he was not sure that he had to talk to the manager and call me back. Never heard anything back from them and couldn't get them on the phone again. So that's when I started the arbitration.

I took it back to the shop today. Was told the tires needed to be rebalanced and I would have to pay $40 and probably buy new tires to see if that fixed the shake in the front end. And that they couldn't duplicate the other issues. I asked if they could schedule a day for one of them to ride my daily route from home to work and was told that would take too long and they couldn't do that. So I am going to get all my info together. Statements from people that don't work with the dealership that has felt and experienced these issues knowing and unknowing of the issues I am having and complaints I have seen on here of problems like mine and look for a lawyer.

They should not be allowed to continue to take peoples money and sell lemons like this. As for right now I'm stuck paying just under $600 a month for like 5 years for a car that ain't worth the $6000 I have already paid on it. And I am not paying for one but basically two because I trade the 4cy for the v6. Thinking it was a power issue. Oh and in all the paperwork from the dealership they say it can't be duplicated and one even said they think I just don't want the car. Haha. I work. Am the only one in my family working and have had to miss so much time dealing with this that my job was put on the line. If I keep missing time for this crap I could lose my job. If I didn't want the car I would get rid of it. I would be fight. I want them to make it right and if they can't figure it out because the computer ain't telling them what is wrong then trade it or give me my money back. Make it right.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I bought a 2013 Dodge Journey 04/21/2016. It was used, only about 75,000KM on it. It has been the car from HELL. First off they told me the car had all season tires, when it had winter tires. Never thought after buying a car I would have to buy tires right away after purchasing a car because of their lies. I have had so many issues with the car to the point where I don't feel safe driving it. I recently took my car in because I had so many issues with it. My Bluetooth stopped working, my USB port would cut on and off, my driver window lags, my plate light was turning on and off, my back right tire was low, and the biggest of them all my car wouldn't turn off.

I spoke to the General Manager and they then told me to bring in my car. I took my car in 01/05/2017 at 7:30 am and went to work. They called and advised me I could pick it up by 5:00 pm, so I did. I drove out of the dealership and went home, only to find my car still wouldn't turn off. I drove directly back to the dealership and they had to keep my car. They had no clue what was causing the issue so they called tech support. They finally called me on 01/10/2017 to advise me they found the issue and the car is repaired. THIS CAR IS A LEMON! I never thought I would ever buy a car after my accident and to buy such junk really disturbs me. I have had repairs and checks on the car almost monthly since purchase. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND GET THIS CAR. Get something reliable and something that will not leave you stuck or eventually dead.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

2012 Dodge Journey: Thermostats went out at roughly 34k miles. Brakes toast at roughly 42k miles. Now motor/transmission mounts are 'shot' at 60k miles. Dealer tells me it's a non-covered item under the powertrain warranty and will be $1,700 to repair. Nothing on this car is built to last. This is a 5 year max vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

The Braking system on my 2010 Dodge Journey are horrible! My brakes/rotors have been replaced 5 times within these 6 years. Also my ignition (module switch has been replaced 3 times due to system failure)! I have only 42,000 miles on this SUV that I purchased brand new in 2009. Chrysler hears the cries from us consumers, but...we need the voice of legal council to get Chrysler to do the right thing! Why should we as consumers have to wait and hear on the worldwide news that someone has lost their life because of Chrysler's faulty braking system!!! A concern consumer of a 2010 Dodge Journey.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I will never buy a Dodge Journey again. We have 2012. Have had nothing but bad luck. Every 6 months we have to replace the brakes. It's not right the lifetime warranty on these vehicles which cost us like 1500.00 is a joke. Wish I would have save my money. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE AT ALL.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

Owned 2012 Dodge Journey with 57,000 km in 2016, through motor city Chrysler. Initially multiple visits (5 or 6) to the dealer re engine light alert, replacing multiple parts which ultimately "fixed" the alert. 2016 with 57,000 km interior lights would stay on long periods not allowing me to shut them off. A/C stopped working, diagnostics did not reveal anything wrong. Days later 2016, on long distance trip, interior lights would not shut off, battery light came on, abs alerted making horrific noise for maybe 30 seconds.

On arrival at my destination, mechanics at a garage replaced the alternator. Initially for one day, things seemed ok. Then again, interior lights would come on & off inadvertently. Chrysler dealer said it was probably an electrical problem which would be difficult to find if at all. I decided to trade my vehicle as at 70 years, traveling distances on the highway, I did not feel safe. I noticed online, others were complaining of the same issues. Thought you should know, I bought a Honda.

Dodge Journey Company Information