Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.76/5

Dodge Journey

The Dodge Journey is a mid-size crossover SUV that debuted in 2007. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

237 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 23, 2019

I got my 2013 Dodge Journey in June of 2018. Had it a year now but when I got it I noticed when pushing the button to start it it would not turn over so I took it back and the salesman had no problems but looked at me as if I was stupid but it kept doing this so I wanted a new starter and they put a new one in and it still does it and I have noticed that my panel lights come on when I'm sitting with nothing on. They come on and go off and my cruise control works when it wants to and I get really bad gas mileage and I use my car for security work so besides driving 16 miles five days a week I'm using a lot of gas doing patrols as well. I don't know if a tune up or oil change will help and since I'm still paying on it I can t trade it in. Maybe Dodge should buy everyone who has these death trap cars different ones cause now I'm stuck with this car and I do worry about my safety.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Have had nothing but issues with our 2012 AWD SXT. Have changed all the motor mounts. Oil cooler, rear differential and numerous sensors. If I didn't have a master mechanic as a friend I would be out thousands in repairs. I have replaced alternator, starter, and now looks like rear differential. Car has 142k but have always kept service up on it. Piece of junk. I have thought about sinking in the lake, seriously. Horrible vehicle.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I bought a used 2017 Journey from a dealer. Ran well for the first couple months. As of 2/22/2019, I will have had this car for a year. Over the last 4 or 5 months, I have found that I am having to jump start the car every morning. I have been to the dealer twice now and several other auto shops. All of which tell me they cannot find a problem and that the battery and charging system all test fine. I am now on my 3d battery in less than 4 months. I refuse to believe I am buying that many bad batteries in a row. Upon getting out of the car, I have also noticed that the dash lights will go off and on continually which I feel is also a problem. Yet no explanation from the dealer or anyone as to why this is happening also.

It's like the car is not fully shutting down and the electronics are killing the battery every night. The dealer did replace my battery with the biggest battery they could just to appease me and get me out of their hair. But yet it was dead again that next morning. Dealer has refused to look at it anymore and has referred me to other dealers. I'm now left with a newer car that I am making payments on for the next several years that has to be jump started every time I wish to go somewhere. Absolutely sad excuse for a vehicle. And after reading all the reviews on this model of Dodge, I am now ashamed to say that I am stuck with a piece of crap. And this is only one of the issues I am having with the car.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I purchased my 2015 Dodge Journey SXT in 2015 with 16,000 miles on it. The car worked fine until 55,000 miles. I had to have the radiator fan replaced, 3 motor mounts, computer replaced, front struts replaced, battery replaced and more. Thankfully I had an extended warranty because the car took about a month to repair. I would have had to pay out of pocket above $5,000-$7000 in costs. No issues with the dealer but beware of this car. It will cost you $$ without a warranty. So I traded it in for a Honda Pilot. I hope the Pilot is a more reliable SUV.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I get 14 miles to a gal not 22 I should get. I drove 230 miles on a full tank, used 3/4 of a tank so I reset gas. Filled tank, drove to a half a tank 142 miles. I got 14 miles to a gal on it. It's a 2015 Dodge Journey with 138500 miles on it. Does anyone know what's going on here?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Journey?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I recently returned my 2012 Dodge Journey due to the fact that upon inspection after two years of owning, they discovered it has frame damage! The rear bumper was starting to separate from the vehicle, which sparked my curiosity as to why this was happening! Apparently the vehicle had been in an accident prior to my purchasing! Which was not disclosed upon purchasing, obviously no dealership will disclose this information due to the simple fact they will not get the sale! I am very disappointed with my purchase hence my returning of the vehicle! I will to be disputing the voluntary repossession as they stated will stay on my credit report for 7 to 10 years! If this is the way this company does business, then I advise the buyer beware!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Brand new Dodge Journey (2018) nearly every time I get in the passenger side door I scrape my leg to the point of bleeding. The metal track the seat moves on the move back and forth protrudes to where you put your leg in.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I was driving last night and my car start stalling. I park on the side and wonder what's wrong with the engine. I found out transmission problem. My God. The car had only 42k miles. I very disappointed to encounter a brand new car and had a major problem. Now I call a dealership and they responded only 36k factory warranty.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I have a 2014 Journey (first time owning a Dodge), on July the 7 I went to drop my son off at the Y (no problems), on my way home the ECT comes on (mind you I just spend $700 in February due to an issue with that. ***Mind you car had been parked for two days, because we were spending the 4th at home.*** So as I pulled in to my house the car started smoking, the temperature light came on and went back off, I was already home (thank God) and the car just shut off. So I tried to start it, and nothing but smoke the car would not come on. Had the car towed to Hendrick Dodge and few days later I get a phone call and said the temperature hose has a leak. And they repaired it, however after they took it for a test drive the head gasket blew.

Now mind you I'm still under Chrysler warranty and the head gasket/engine is covered. Simple right?? Wrong, I was told they could not fix my head gasket unless they torn the engine down to look for other issues and I was responsible for the cost of that tear down, so I asked, "If you know what the problem is (head gasket) why can't you just repair it." Evidently Chrysler warranty won't let them unless they earn the engine down to look for the problem that caused the head gasket to blow. I had the car towed to another dealership Lake Norman Chrysler and they tell me because the temperature hose caused the engine to overheat the work is not covered under my warranty and I should just get a new engine. WTF!!! I was told not to tear the engine down because it was more likely than not that I need a new engine that I will have to pay for ($6000).

These dealerships are worse than the raggedy Dodge Journey. Fast forward to speaking to Chrysler customer care, suggested that I have the car towed from Lake Norman BACK o Rick Hendrick Dodge and the ONLY way I can get my head gasket fixed is to let them do a tear down and if they pin point the issue that caused the head gasket to blow they will fix it IF it's an issue that's under warranty. But the temp hose is not under warranty, Told a tear down by Lake Norman would be $2000-$3000.

So two weeks no car with kids missing appointments and me missing school. I'm confused how does a car that has been sitting for two days no indication of an issue before Friday and ends up having a blown head gasket and possibly needing a new engine. Oh and on top of that I found out there was a recall (never notified) FOURTH recall. I only found out by being on the Chrysler FCA page and entered my VIN number and a there flashing on the screen big safety recall message in red. I'm so over this!!! Week two no car!!!

Original review: July 5, 2018

This car (2014 Dodge Journey) has only 58k KM and has left me stranded twice already. On the first incident I was on the hi-way when the TRANSMISSION FAILED!!! I did manage to get off the hi-way and call a tow truck. The second time leaving a restaurant with my family the car wouldn't start. I thought it was a battery issue so I called road assistance to get a boost. When buddy got there he tried boosting the car but the car would not start. Had to call a tow truck again (he even tried to boost it with no luck). I was planning a big road trip with the family but canceled it because I just simply don't trust this vehicle. I gave it the extra star because the dealership has been helpful, they rebuilt the tranny and gave me a loaner car in the meantime. I still waiting on the news with the starting issue... Wish me luck people. :(

Dodge Journey Company Information