2.32/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

coachmenrv.com

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Coachmen RV Reviews

Original review: July 10, 2019

We have 25000 mi on our mh. We like the layout and the Mercedes platform. Since our first use we have had problems like cabinets falling off, inoperative tank sensors, awning won't extend, lp tank installed in a way that most places can't connect to fill, etc. The most recent and dangerous problem was the front supports for the fresh water tank broke while going 60 mph. What a thrill. Fortunate that I stopped before the frame jammed into a road seam. I contacted Coachman rep Greg and he informed me that the problem was that you're not supposed to travel with a full tank of water. WOW...I'll bet no one knew that. He offered to provide a new tank and improved frame but no labor. All I want is a proper install of what I have. By the way, one bracket broke and the other had the drill tip screw come out. There are other problems but enough for now.

Original review: July 9, 2019

In 2017 we purchased a Coachmen Brookstone 325RL 5th wheel RV. From Funtown RV in Purcell, Okla. Little things began going wrong from the start and we pulled it back to the dealer for repairs.

1. Bathroom floor was spongy & felt like going to fall through it. Remedy -- shower drain was never tightened & water saturated the floor and ruined it. Floor & flooring had to be replaced. (Done at dealer)
      2. Auto leveling has never worked & been to the dealer 2 times.
      3. A/C - 2 units for total of 30,000btu for 38ft RV and doesn't keep up. Lost 3-5 degrees this past weekend at 96 degrees & parked in the shade.
      4. Fireplace was not working properly. Remedy - dealer contacted company & new fireplace inserted by dealer.
      5. Under structure by hitch was falling down. Remedy - dealer fixed.
      6. Shower door handle loose - remedy - dealer fixed.
      7. 1 window shade not able to pull down. Remedy dealer said fixed, but never fixed.
      8. Plungers on bed to allow to get to storage under bed not installed properly and not able to use storage unless 2 people were available. Remedy - we took lose & installed them properly & 1 person able to utilize it.
      9. Clothes rod was only attached with short screws - remedy - we purchased longer screws & drilled holes & fixed it.
      10. Hot water heater went out. Remedy - had repairman to check it out & wiring was stretched too tight & caused to short out. Remedy - repairman fixed.
      11. Refrigerator went out & had to have new coil replaced. Have lost approx $300 in food. Remedy - Repairman dealt with warranty company & we had to pay additional $700 to have replaced & still not working properly & not trust it to leave things in to spoil again.

12. Now this past weekend, the bed hinge supports came loose which were only attached with very short staples. Remedy - we went and bought screws and took bed frame apart and used clamps to hold up the boards and put long screws to hold in properly. This took approx 1 1/2-2hrs.

We purchased the 7yr extended warranty, but it doesn't cover the full price of the repairs that we have encountered. This RV is "very poor quality" and would not recommend purchasing.

Vickie ** in Oklahoma

Original review: July 1, 2019

I own a 2014 Coachmen Clipper 1285 SST pop up camper, and it's in the garage most of the time. This year we pulled it out and noticed the floor in the front is soft, and not sure how this happened beings I don't think it has ever been out in the rain and it's only been used about 4-6 times. Anyhow contacted my dealer and they said it's out of warranty and nothing they can do about it. We bought this camper because it had a special floor system in it that's not supposed to rot away. I believe this is a manufacturer's defect and when I contacted coachmen they told me to take it to my dealer. Nobody seems to want to help with this severe issue.

Original review: May 26, 2019

My Coachmen is a 2019, and it's 6mos. old. I bought it in AZ in Dec. 2018. My first trip was only 66 miles, and my furnace broke. Camping World fixed it and it worked for 3 days of my second 88 mile trip, and died in 22 degree weather. Camping World fixed it again. Then I left AZ to visit family in GA on March 29. Three days into my journey up on the continental divide in Texas the furnace died again. I woke up to see my breath at 19 degrees. When I got to New Orleans and settled in I found 2 latches laying on the floor. The screws vibrated out of the holes. When I got to GA the furnace died again, and Camping World fixed it again. On Easter Sunday it was only 80 degrees and my window shattered. Two days later the right front jack stand collapsed.

The trailer went back to Camping World. Only Coachmen refused to stand behind the warranty. They refused to replace the window, jack stand, or the 4 bolts that snapped off of the collapsed jack and two other jacks. So it's costing me $700 to get it fixed, $400 for the hotel while Camping World submitted the paperwork, and another $800 for a second month at the RV Park. I have to stay another month in GA because it's taking Coachmen 3 weeks to ship my parts. The furnace Coleman paid to fix 4 times finally works. Camping world told me they only paid them less than a 1/2 hour, but it took them 1 and 1/2 hrs. to fix it. So Coleman won't pay $700 of repairs covered by warranty, but they'll stiff Camping World an hr. of labor to fix the furnace. Just thought folks should know how well the RV was built, and how Coachmen stands behind their warranty.

Original review: May 3, 2019

We purchased our Class A in Aug 2018, we'd owned it for 2 months when we started having some small problems. However, while on a trip the refrigerator completely stopped working, we lost all of our food. We completed the trip then headed back to the Ridgeland store to discuss the issue. After much back and forth we were told since it was a residential refrigerator then we'd have to go through the refrigerator manufacturer. There was only one repair person that could fix the problem but it would take a least a month and a half to get to it because there was only one service person that could repair an RV refrigerator.

After a month of going back and forth with different authorized repair companies, we decided to contact the Coachmen Manufacturer directly to get some resolve. Frigidaire decided they would just buy back the unit due to the length of time it would take to repair the unit, however we were required to purchase a new refrigerator and have it installed. We took that unsatisfactory answer back to Boat N RV and Coachmen Manufacturer. After a series of back and forth emails with the manufacturer and face to face with Boat N RV, the manufacturer agreed to take care of the replacement, removal and installation of a new refrigerator.

After several months the refrigerator was delivered to the wrong store (Tennessee) and we had to wait an additional month for the dealership to retrieve it. We worked with Lauren **, who was very helpful when she was there but when she wasn't no one would dare speak on the issue. Tim ** of Coachmen finally agreed to resolve the issue but only after we had to have harsh conversations. This issue took a total of 6 months to resolve for a broken refrigerator. Bottom line of the 8 months we owned the RV we were only able to use it 2 months in the beginning. We told then since they have the worst QA/QC from the manufacturer, if we could buy a different RV we would. When we finally got the RV home, the slides didn't work and we were told it was because the batteries were dead. That was the last straw! They had the RV for 6 months and then tell us the battery was dead!

We got the RV slides working, knowing we were significantly upside down, we worked with our bank to trade in and purchase a newer RV (from gas to diesel) with Camping World in Pooler, GA and have had the best experience thus far. Even the Manufacturer has reached out to us to welcome us to the RV family and provide us with the telephone numbers, links and email addresses. Boat N RV nor Coachmen has reached out to us after such an horrific ordeal to find out how everything is working out for us. This company only cares about the sale, after that, you're no longer important! I've also notice the Boat N RV owner will only respond to positive reviews, so I don't expect a response now. At least if there is a negative review with Camping World a response is provided with each review even it is just to give them the contact information to their higher headquarters!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coachmen RV?

Original review: April 30, 2019

We purchased a brand new 2017 Viking 17BHS here in Alabama and now we have found out there’s a known defect in the slide which has caused massive water damage under the slide. Unless you crawl on the floor and feel under the slide you’ll have no idea water is coming in until your whole entire camper has to be ripped apart to be fixed. Back in Dec 2018 we took our camper to be fixed when we found this out. Of course our warranty was gone but our dealer stated this was a known defect and to contact Viking. It’s going on 6 months and we still have no camper that we’re still currently paying for.

Viking agreed to take it back to the factory due to the extensive work it needed and return when fixed. We were satisfied they were going to fix this problem and hopeful there was still an honest Rv company. Well we have yet to get an email or call back from them and no response to my emails or calls. We have no idea where our camper is anymore. If your looking for a Rv manufacturer who will respond and stand behind their products this is not the company. We may be paying on a camper now we may never get back. No matter how nice the 17bhs is for a young family please stay away. Our dealer said this is a known defect and Viking has yet to do a recall on any campers.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I traded in my travel trailer and upgraded to a 5th wheel since I got a new truck & purchased my 2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS. I thought that I would really enjoy this model because of its compact layout that I could find- non bunkhouse- under 38ft in length. My first impression was it's awesome! However, after taking it out on my VERY FIRST camping trip last night, I had my slide out fail. It went out of alignment and had leaked water all inside of my unit. Now I have to go all the way back to my dealership to take in to MAYBE be covered under warranty work.

If Coachmen didn't cheap out and used Schwintek slide out gears I was told I would have never had this issue! Now I'm noticing that the sealant around the windows has not been inspected and might leak as well. There are SEVERAL screws missing from the frame. I didn't do enough research about coachmen beforehand and since I've encountered these issues, I see that it's apparent I should have listened to my neighbor who told me to only buy a Jayco... I made an impulsive decision and now it looks like I'm going to be paying the price for it... I highly suggest taking a look at these other owners that also bought new and had similar coachmen issues. https://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/coachmen_rv.html?#sort=helpful&filter=none

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I love the looks of my 2012 Mirada 31 DF, but driving into a gas station has become a horrible experience. In just over three months, I bottomed out three times, ripping the passenger side back panel apart and knocking out the backup light. No matter how carefully I maneuver into a station the damage continues. My repairman says I need airbags or upgraded springs. If anyone has encountered the same issues and found solutions please let me know at **.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I purchased the Freelander 2017 Chevy 4500 Model in Oct 2016. I paid to have the dealer show me how everything works and to do the pre-inspection so everything would be ready so I could use it right away. What I got was a 10 minute quick walkthrough and the promise they would spend more time later. BUYER BEWARE. Make the dealer write down everything they promise!

So drove it home and planned for a snow weekend. I called after I noticed leaking under the RV, Found it was coming from the Fresh Water connection. They said they would fix it. While looking under the RV I noticed the Tank heaters were falling off, and the black water tank release was not all the way on. When I tried to remove it well it would not come off or go on. Called on this as well. Added it to the list. My wife was inside and said the bathroom door was falling off and I needed to look at the master bed mattress. It had a hole where a screw went in and was full of metal shavings and broken screws. Remember I had paid for the coach to be ready for use. I fixed the door after the dealer said it was not something they could fix. This was 1 day after I brought it home. So we took it back the next week.

While driving it back the emergency exit sounded like it was coming off the hinge and the main closet cabinet safety latches were not screwed all the way in and came loose. (This was not the dealer but Forest Hill/Coachmen manufacturer.) So while waiting I borrowed the electric screwdriver and tightened all the crews on the cabinet latches. Almost all of them were loose and several were missing. The dealer provided new screws but would not do the work. (When they say a full warranty do not believe them! Always have the dealer show you what is covered. And DON'T let them say they don't have time. You're paying a lot of money.) They replaced the emergency hatch but it still rattled and let cold and hot air in.

Over the next 6 months we used it twice for 2 weeks total. Well the tank heaters fell off again, the main entry door fell off the hinges while we were going down the road. The water refrigerator stopped working, bad switch. The radio/entertainment system failed. I had to rewire because the module was not screwed in place. The antenna was not screwed in place. The velcro holding the cushions in place peeled off. The bathroom inside door trim fell off. I did a lot of work and fixed almost everything. The manufacturer did not return calls and the Dealer went out of business. I bought an extended warranty but it is a hundred dollars and only specific things are covered.

2018 we took it on a 2 week trip. During that time I had to fix another water leak from the overflow on the fresh water and the black water was stuck again. Bought a rubber hammer and was able to open it. Found that it was a bent pin. I straightened it with a set of vise grips and rubber hammer. Now it has been a couple years and the moulding on the tv arm is coming loose, GLUED not screwed.

I will NEVER buy a Forest Hill/Coachmen again. The quality is the worst I think I have ever seen. Lessons learned: Take your time and make sure you know what you're buying and WHAT the warranty provides. Make the dealer show you everything, remember you're paying for that service. Open and close all doors, cabinets, windows and emergency exits. Drive it one last time before you accept the coach and give the dealer the check. (Some dealers are worse than used car sales lots.) Last but very important - ask how their service schedules are managed and make a followup appointment. If they say more than a couple weeks, be aware it could be longer for emergencies or warranty repairs.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Starts out with a shower leaking water onto floor. Windows not being sealed and Windows being loose in frame. AC not working in cab area. Sirius XM not being able to be used because of changing radio system. Water damage inside because of water leaks from different places in the coach. Dealer had to do a bubble check just to try to find where the leaks are coming from. This brand new 2019 unit has only a little over three thousand miles on it. Either Coachmen ship the unit to the dealership with these defects in it especially the water leaks or this is what happens with only three thousand miles of use.

I have other small issues of workmanship done by Coachmen that I have taken care of myself. The dealership we purchased it from has done an outstanding job on trying to fix all the problems we've had. It's too bad that Coachmen has to put out such a poor quality product for the high-dollar that discharge for it. Forget your lemon law. Maybe a bunch of people that are dissatisfied with Coachmen should get together and look at a different avenue of satisfaction.

Coachmen RV Company Information