Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.54/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

The Chevrolet Equinox is a roomy compact SUV that was first introduced in 2005. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Chevrolet Equinox Reviews

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I love the safety features, gas economy, and the smooth drive of my Chevy Equinox. I would recommend Chevy for the service and the quality and looks of the car. I was always partial to Buicks until I test drove my Chevy. It is quite roomy and comfortable and lots of room to for carrying groceries and other large items.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I love my Equinox LTZ. It is my dream car and I have no complaints at all. It is a great vehicle. I have had Chevrolets for years. They are a great company and I recommend them highly. My Chevrolet Malibu lasted well past 300000 miles and finally the axle broke because of my brakes.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I purchased a 2013 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 6yrs ago, and still love it! The dealership was absolutely wonderful and helped me out with the 1 and only recall I've ever had on this vehicle. The Chevrolet service department keeps my Equinox in top shape so it runs perfectly and I have never had any major mechanical issues. Despite what some people may think of Chevrolet, this company builds great dependable cars. It was a more expensive model than I had planned for, but in the long run with all the extra safety features I'm extremely happy I purchased it!

Original review: July 3, 2019

I bought a 2019 Equinox new and my brother bought one at the same time. Two new cars with the same issue chemical smell coming out of vents with a/c on. I called my dealer no problems that they know of. Today I took the car to the dealer, they called and surprisingly, there is a bulletin on the issue. So there must be a hell of a lot of other people having the same issue. I need to hear about your concerns. They said there is a problem with afterflow enabling whatever that is. 4410315 must be the service bulletin. How do you see it. Also they did olh odor correction. The smell is still there when the car goes to auto shutoff, when the car comes back on the chemical smell comes back. What do you think. Thank you.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I like the Auto. It was always a reliable vehicle for me. I owned a 2009. Only thing I had repaired was a plastic vacuum canister location on bottom of vehicle under passenger seat. I figure a rock took it out and cracked it. Complaint would be at 50,000 miles. I had a tragic accident where vehicle flew thru air and rolled 3 times end over end and rolled 6 times sideways. My wife was killed and I was hurt bad and none of the Airbags went off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet Equinox?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

My husband and I each purchased a 2020 Equinox in December 2019. In the less than two months that we have had them, we have already had MAJOR issues with them. My husband was locked IN his car with our 6 year old inside. He had to put the window down and open the door from the outside. The fan stayed on after the car was shut off and the check engine light was on. Nothing was “able to be done” to fix this issue.

I am currently sitting home unable to get to work because mine will not run. It turns over multiple times, starts, and then immediately turns off. Onstar says it is a transmission problem and needs to be serviced within a day. I am currently 5 months pregnant and stranded because of this. What happens if there is an emergency and I need to go get my 6 year old or something with myself that requires immediate attention? Both of these cars are BRAND NEW. Less than 2,000 miles on each. This is completely and totally unacceptable.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

We have liked the Chevy Equinox. It is very comfortable with good back seat leg room. Decent gas mileage especially at longer distances. Handles well and has a good turning radius. With all electronics, we have had issues with check engine light coming on and needing service.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

We bought a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox. Shortly after buying the vehicle it would stall. The last time it stalled was 70 miles from home, on the interstate doing 65, at night in a snow storm. Had to have it towed home and spent money to have the timing chain fixed. Now we have used 10 quarts of oil in 4000 miles. There is a class action lawsuit to get Chevrolet to fix a defect in the engine. The lawsuit covers a vehicle for 7 years 6 months. We bought it at 7 years 10 months and the Chevrolet Dealership owned by HomeRun Auto Group didn't fix it before we bought it and the Chevrolet Corp says they are not forced to fix it outside of the lawsuit and they pretty much don't care about the defects unless there is a recall. Research it. There are a lot of people with the oil usage consumption problem. It will cost $4000+ to fix on a vehicle only worth $5000. Buy a Ford from a reputable dealer.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I purchased a 2019 Chev Equinox. A few months ago my wife & I began hearing a ticking sound coming from the engine. Took it to GM dealership & advised by mechanic that it was the high performance fuel pump. Stated this was normal operation for pump. We didn't buy the car to listen to a ticking sound. GM will not replace fuel pump. The engine is the high performance 4 cylinder model.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

2017 Equinox Engine Main Seal Failure. November 2019 cold snap in MN: After starting the car to warm it up I noticed oil leaking very bad from engine. I checked the oil level and drove to the dealership 2 miles away. I was informed that due to condensation buildup in the PCV unit, ice had formed and pushed the rear main crank seal out. Over $2400. later I got the car back. The Tech said it was caused because we don't drive long distances, too many short trips. I believe GM should take care of this. I own a 2018 Silverado 1500 and we had just bought another 2019 Equinox. If GM does not take care of this, These will be the last GM vehicles for this family.

Chevrolet Equinox Company Information