2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

3.7/5 (223 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Chevrolet Equinox

The Chevrolet Equinox is a roomy compact SUV that was first introduced in 2005. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Chevrolet Equinox Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet Equinox?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet Equinox?

Original review: May 7, 2021

I've owned my Chevy Equinox for four years and went through AC compressor, two alternators, the wipers stopped working, major oil consumption. Hands down worst vehicle I've ever owned. Absolute scrap metal.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I have been leasing an Equinox for the last 2 years, that has been in for repairs 20-25 times! Neither GM or GM Financial will stand by their faulty product! I have made payments faithfully, and have only received a LEMON car. The fact that they don't stand behind their product is ridiculous! My ex husband has worked for GM for 25 years & is completely embarrassed by the customer service. Will not buy GM product again! Very sad!!

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

Design, comfort and fuel economy are great. However, the 2.4L Ecotech Flex engine burns oil at an alarming rate. I had to spend $4500 on a motor replacement, not even 11 months after I bought the vehicle. I had a warranty and was denied my claim by a dishonest adjuster. Chevy knows that there are problems, but only issued a service bulletin that I, or YOU would never know about. Pretty horrible business practices when we know that GM received taxpayer dollars during the recession. Go for the V-6 if you desire an Equinox. The 2.4L are trash and will break your bank.

Original review: May 12, 2020

May, 2016 I* bought a brand new 2016 Chevy Equinox. In June, 2019 the OnStar died. GM failed to satisfactorily resolve. I wound up paying around $900.00 for a Body Control Module I didn't need before dealership finally determined I needed an OnStar module, and the part was unavailable until just recently. I sought assistance from GM Headquarters, customer service, where I filed a complaint. My complaint remains unresolved as I expected at least partial reimbursement being as this involved a rather inexplicably defective part.

GM doesn't stand behind their advertised commitment of "Customer Satisfaction". Since it occurred (1 month) out of warranty I had to pay for repair/replacement, estimated at around $900.00. I can see having to pay for parts going bad through "normal wear & tear" but wasn't expecting to held financially liable for a defective Onstar module that, in my opinion, should not have failed. I expected GM to stand behind their commitment of customer satisfaction and their products and at least offered a goodwill repair. They didn't. Buyer beware! This company is circling the drain and isn't likely to get my business again!

Original review: April 23, 2020

This vehicle is the worst vehicle I have ever had. I have dumped over $5000 in a $15000 SUV. There is always a problem with this vehicle. Once I get one thing fixed, a week later, there is another problem. I’m not even going to discuss the oil consumption on this vehicle. This would be the first vehicle that I trade. I normally keep all my vehicles to give to a family member. This vehicle will be traded in. I will never purchase a Chevrolet. I HATE THIS VEHICLE!!!

Original review: April 20, 2020

I bought a 2010 Chevy Equinox in August of 2019. I have put on 6,000 miles. The timing chain went out and crippled the motor. Needless to say they are unwilling to fix the problem, even though lawsuits are there.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

My husband and I each purchased a 2020 Equinox in December 2019. In the less than two months that we have had them, we have already had MAJOR issues with them. My husband was locked IN his car with our 6 year old inside. He had to put the window down and open the door from the outside. The fan stayed on after the car was shut off and the check engine light was on. Nothing was “able to be done” to fix this issue.

I am currently sitting home unable to get to work because mine will not run. It turns over multiple times, starts, and then immediately turns off. Onstar says it is a transmission problem and needs to be serviced within a day. I am currently 5 months pregnant and stranded because of this. What happens if there is an emergency and I need to go get my 6 year old or something with myself that requires immediate attention? Both of these cars are BRAND NEW. Less than 2,000 miles on each. This is completely and totally unacceptable.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I love the safety features, gas economy, and the smooth drive of my Chevy Equinox. I would recommend Chevy for the service and the quality and looks of the car. I was always partial to Buicks until I test drove my Chevy. It is quite roomy and comfortable and lots of room to for carrying groceries and other large items.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I love my Equinox LTZ. It is my dream car and I have no complaints at all. It is a great vehicle. I have had Chevrolets for years. They are a great company and I recommend them highly. My Chevrolet Malibu lasted well past 300000 miles and finally the axle broke because of my brakes.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

We have liked the Chevy Equinox. It is very comfortable with good back seat leg room. Decent gas mileage especially at longer distances. Handles well and has a good turning radius. With all electronics, we have had issues with check engine light coming on and needing service.

Chevrolet Equinox Company Information