3.9/5 (140 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Brake Masters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brake Masters?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brake Masters?

Original review: March 22, 2021

Absolutely terrible company to deal with, had brakes put on 8 months ago for almost $900 and they are apparently bad (though I had brakes on other vehicles for years with no issues). NOW they want $230 to fix, spoke very calmly to Lee the district manager and he ended up yelling at me getting very frustrated and completely unable to do anything for me. Then spoke to Tim the boss and he's essentially refusing to do anything. DO NOT DO BUSINESS with these people ever, they do not care for the customer, and their warranty is essentially worthless at 1 year 12k miles.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

My whole family has been doing business with Brake Masters for YEARS. Until today at least. At store 206, (West Side/Cromo) I had the worst experience with Fernie. I did bring up to his attention a small matter which he escalated, all in front of another employee and another customer, which made the situation quite embarrassing. On my last visit, when I went to wash my car after my service, I realized my tire air valve caps were switched out for cheap silver ones. I decided to bring it up this time, not even to ask for a replacement, but merely acknowledging the employee. At this point, Fernie started raising his voice and directly calling me a liar, saying that that did not happen at **his** shop and to not be accusing them of things like that. He then kept interrupting me to ask in a very derogatory tone if I wanted to leave my car or not.

I don't like conflict, and I am not sure if he only spoke down at me like that because I am a girl, but it was quite the scene. I would not have brought up my complaint if I was not certain of what I was saying, and it could’ve definitely gone differently if he wasn’t such a jerk about it. Robert has always been the one to get my Keys and he’s the nicest ever... but Fernie just costed you guys my entire family’s business. Nobody wants to be treated like that, especially when I did not bring up the issue in a threatening or rude way.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

This is the BEST shop in Tucson! 100% quality, sincere customer service and work ethics focus. My restored Miata is so much better after having work done here. Wish I found them sooner. The management and staff are honest, caring, dedicated. Go here for all types of service. You will be very, very glad you did. Bobby leads his team with his skillful, honest approach, and the tenor and work quality are duly reflected therefrom. Truly great shop!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Brake Masters (Oracle Rd) branch, ZERO star after 3 weeks AC stopped working, been to the store back and forth without being able to fix it, finally he sent me to other location (Campbell/Broadway) where it was fixed for 2 weeks, was on the high way, close to Globe, middle of nowhere where the car stopped working and smoke coming out of the motor. Towed the car to the mechanic and he said one of the clamp hose wasn’t tight well during changing the AC kit that cost nearly $1500.. They even filled the radiator with regular water, they didn’t bother to fill it with coolant!!! Paid another $360 and was lucky that I didn’t lose the whole motor. I’ll make sure to write review on BBB and Yelp to advise people to stay away from that store! Very dissatisfied. :(

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Brake Masters Bullhead City AZ provided me a 10 am appointment on January 14, 2020. I arrived early, and was not allowed service until 12:15 pm, two hours + after my scheduled appointment. It took them all of 15 min. to complete the alignment on my car, after which I received a bill of $90.00. No compensation for my wait time was offered. Poor public relations move on their part. They have lost me as a customer and I will make sure I pass this experience on to all my friends and associates. Clean up your act Brake Masters!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

The employees that work at the store on 22nd and Kolb in Tucson, AZ are the greatest!!!! I came in just before Christmas and they helped me with my Jeep Liberty and helped me save money. I will only come to this Brake Masters in the future for my mechanical needs!!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Brake Masters #228 located on 1714 W Speedway, Tucson, AZ., has a 10+ stars on service rating from me! I went there to have my oil changed and they went beyond the change of oil. They checked my car and took care of me on a power steering link I had on my car. The manager was really awesome and gave me a break. I really appreciated that kind of service. Not many people would offer to give me a break when I needed it the most. I am now a loyal customer to Brake Masters! I recommend to go to this location, you will not be disappointed. :)

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Rating 2/11/2019. BUYER BEWARE. America's Tire Store in Riverside mounted four new tires on my Hyundai at 50,000 miles and recommended an alignment. I trust America's Tire and they provided a discount coupon for Brake Masters in Riverside. Brake Masters claimed that my camber bolts needed replacement at 50,000 miles and stated this was not a manufacture replacement item. I was in disbelief but thought them trustworthy. Turns out that Hyundai does not have a problem with these bolts but would replace them if they were required. DO NOT BELIEVE BRAKE MASTERS. Take your car to your dealer if still in warranty. Get a second opinion.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

As an older woman and recently widowed I wanted to be proactive with my vehicle. I used a coupon for an oil change at Brake Masters on Southern and they suggested my fluids be flushed and my brakes done, $360. I declined saying Christmas is a hard time to find extra money. I brought the truck home, planning on taking it to the mountains on Friday. Friday morning when I loaded the truck there was oil everywhere on the driveway. I called the shop and they told me to bring it in. They informed me I needed a $225.00 valve cover gasket installed. I declined and instead my mechanic came to my house, drove the truck to the car wash and the next day no oil on ground! A week later no leak! Be careful out there girls and steer clear of this one! No satisfaction from the manager, who basically said not possible.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Improperly installed aftermarket right front CV Boot and axle damaging transmission seal; leaking transmission fluid since installation. Work and parts purportedly under warranty yet Steve ** refused to honor warranty and repair damaged transmission seal. Messing with the car also damaged the starter and A.C. Delco Battery under warranty refuses to replace though reading shows 377/500 needs to be replaced. Messed with alarm system causing short and fuses to fail. Had to have alarm system removed by Toyota Dealer at additional cost to customer $200 as well as vehicle having to be towed to Toyota Dealer.

Brakes were also done at Brake Masters with ongoing problems under Steve **, Assistant Manager. Contacting Corporate Office in Tucson, Mexizona has not resulted in resolution to the entire situation. Filed complaint with BBB Tucson, Mexizona. HF there stated she could not resolve the matter as she is good “friends” and goes to lunch with the guys at Brake Masters. The BBB complaint and response is online, as our reviews telling a long drawn out outrageous and egregious bad faith business practices backed up by the Badder Business Bureau and lack of oversight of auto repair business in AZ. Buyer beware; you could be next victim suffering costly repairs, irreparable harm to your vehicle.

Brake Masters Company Information