Brake Masters

Compare Auto Service and Repair

Research top Auto Service and Repair recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I think the services that were done to my car was definitely worth the money. It definitely improved the value of my car. They fixed my brakes in a matter of a couple says. I am definitely not a person who knows a lot about cars and I have heard many horror stories about people getting ripped off but they assured me they were doing what needed to be done. They were very available to answer all of my questions. The scheduling was very difficult for some reason. They were really busy and so was I so it was hard to coordinate sometimes. The customer service was excellent. They communicated very efficiently throughout the whole process and gave me updates and I needed then.

Helped my car to stop. My car was shaking very bad and the new brakes definitely solved the problem. They inspected the car, told me the problem and the price and fixed it and stayed true to estimate. They seemed to be pretty trustworthy. They were available when I needed them. They had an appointment available the same day. They were located pretty close to my house, and their hours of operation met my needs. The customer service was good. They were polite and explained everything to me clearly. They treated my car and me with respect and showed me why the work they were doing needed to be done.

The service is great. They didn't take too long. It was quick and fast. My brakes was really bad. My rotor was wrapped. And they replaced it with a good quality one. Everytime I get my brakes done its good until the next service when I have to change them. Didnt squeal nor did I ever had to go back there for another change. Its not too far from my house. Probably a 15 mins from where I live. And I see em almost everywhere. Great locations about everywhere you go. Great customer service. They make sure you are good till your next service for the brakes. And they did it quick. By the time you know it ding its done and you're on your way.

The value is excellent! They're careful not to overcharge you for extra "repairs" you don't need. Some others companies might do that to make a couple extra bucks. But they charge you exactly what you need & they don't overprice their repairs. Employees are extremely trustworthy. I've personally accidentally left valuables in the car & when I came to pick up my car they were still there. And they also take care of your car! They're careful not to scratch, ding, or dent a thing. They're incredibly available! If you're lucky to have one in your area they're open most of the day. They times they say it takes to do repairs and they're available to pick up are usually spot on. If they're off then they're sure to let you know. Customer service is excellent! They're kind and welcoming when you walk in and they're happy to look at your car to check what you need done and explain why so you don't feel like you're being jipped.

The value of the service was definitely a breath of fresh air, they made sure everything was in order and made sure if had any problems to contact them asap and that they would take care of the problem no questions asked. They gave a year warranty on the work they did. They made sure if had any problems or concerns to bring to them right away. They even gave their personal number if couldn't reach them in the office. They were very flexible when it came to availability, anytime Monday through Friday and even half days on Saturdays and they would always make an effort to squeeze you in even if you didn't have an appointment with them. Customer service was out of this world, so friendly, warm, outgoing. They made sure you understood what was happening and if not they went over it step by step to break it down for you. They seriously care about their customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brake Masters?

The price was reasonable for the work I needed done. I love the price gauge they used to determine what the price was before services were rendered. I trust this company very much. The work was done professionally by knowledgeable staff and the service was awesome. I'm glad I went through them. I love the service. They allow walk ins which is so convenient. For me with my schedule. The hours are flexible giving me a way to choose when I can come in. The customer service was very professional. The staff were clean and friendly and their attitude for their work showed such passion for perfection.

Very knowledgeable staff and really friendly. Great place to take your vehicle to if you are having trouble with brakes. If I had to go back there again I would. They described exactly what they would be doing and walked me through the whole process. Were very friendly as I waited for it to be done. Called and was able to make an appointment for the next day. They answered all my questions while I was on the phone with them and were extremely helpful. Very satisfied with how well they work with their customers and how well they interact with them. Were friendly over the phone and once I arrived were extremely friendly in person.

Very good service, friendly employees, quick and speedy service. I would recommend them to friends and family in the future. Very knowledgeable staff. All the people that I dealt with at Brake Masters were very trustworthy. They made me feel very comfortable and at ease throughout the whole process. They were able to take my car in almost immediately when I arrived. I did not have to wait very long at all. I did not have to make an appointment either. They practice very good customer service at Brake Masters. The employees are very welcoming and courteous and make you feel important. I highly recommend.

A very good value for the quality of work I had and the expected. Very great deal of knowledge, evidently, and timely manner with quality work and a remarkable prices and promotions. Their employees had a wonderful attitude and very attentive to help or ask me if I need anything. They are very friendly and helpful. Their employees are friendly and welcoming. They greet you with a "Hello" and "What can I do to help you?" They make you feel comfortable with them that you have no doubt but to trust them. They are always find a way to fit you in if it's a emergency or book you in a timely manner. You usually have a appointment in the same week. They answer the phone with a "Hello how may I help you" and come across like they really do want to help you. Very kind employees.

They completed the brakes quickly. They were very nice. They gave me upfront pricing, I wasn't charged hidden fees. They let me know how long it would take to install my brakes. They did not overcharge me for the work they completed, I felt the price I paid was reasonable for the work that was done. They were professional and courteous. The waiting area was very clean. The bathrooms were very clean. They started working on my car within 15 minutes of me getting there. I received an estimate quickly. I did not have a long wait before they came and talked to me about how much it would cost to get my new brakes installed. They were very friendly and courteous. They offered water which was great since it was a very hot day. I felt like they wanted my business and appreciated that I chose them for my brake repair.

The price and labor was within the average range of the providers in the area. Overall I felt I got my money's worth for the good work that they did. The reviews I read beforehand of the company were good for the most part, which went a long way towards guiding my selection of a company to work on my vehicle. The staff was friendly and courteous and answered my questions and concerns with thoroughness and alacrity. They seemed very knowledgeable in their field of expertise. From the receptionist to the mechanics, everyone was pleasant. A good working atmosphere and environment is always a plus and will likely lead to repeat business.

I didn't worry or feel like they were trying to sell me more products that weren't necessary. I trusted my car more after they worked on my brakes. They walked me through every step they were doing, and their employees were easy to work with. They made sure I was comfortable from beginning to end. Their schedule was a little busy... which in turn made me think they had a reliable service. Even the receptionist was able to keep me up to date as the work was being done. Friendly, clean, experience, knowledgeable, comforting - made me feel like my car and myself were well taken care of. They were able to tell me everything about the products and service.

Their prices are very reasonable compared to others. They're cheap and do great work. Their waiting rooms are great also so the whole 20 minutes you wait for a brakes to be replaced. I wouldn't trust anyone else. I know they're worthy and won't let me down. I been going to them for years now and would change a thing there so give and fast and prices are reasonable can't beat it. It's a one step call. They almost always have openings and if not never more than maybe 15 minutes wait to be serviced. The quality of workmanship and all is off the chart. They're so amazing. Fast, friendly and professional, always have a smile and willing to help not like the rival shops. They're professional and worth a check out by anyone. I wouldn't change a thing from brake service to customer services.

I felt that the price for my brake job was a little high, but I had to get done right away. They did a good job so overall I was happy with the value. Seems like these guys, in addition to many other places, are always finding things wrong that they want to fix. Made me leery of them. I was happy with their availability. I needed a job done urgently. They were the first place that was able to work me in, in a timely manner. My overall customer experience was very good. The staff was friendly. Quick service. Made sure that I felt comfortable with their work.

My car needed a new set of brakes and I had a few friends who ordered parts from Brake Masters. So I gave it a shot and my brakes are fine now. The price is decent and if you can fix it yourself, it's worth it. I was a little skeptical before because it was my first time buying from Brake Masters. But overall, I would buy from them again. The customer service was decent and the value is good. I would recommend to other customers. The customer service was helpful and informatory. They were able to answer every question I had and seemed very educated. I was told of the sales and discounts available. I was offered the most popular products. Again, the customer service was well informed. They were helpful and explained all of the necessary products and deals going on. Every question I had was answered with details.

It was a really great value for the service provided and the service was more than adequate for what was required and the price. Before the service, this brand was rated as trustworthy by many friends and family. After the service was done, our expectations were confirmed. When we went to schedule service, it was easy and convenient. The company was available by phone and was flexible with date and time. Excellent. Service was performed efficiently and we were more than satisfied. The workers were available and willing to answer any questions we had and were available afterwards as well.

Great customer service, with wonderful attention to detail. I've had a lot of difficulty with other companies but was grateful to find someone who actually took pride in doing their best for the customer. I would highly recommend, with high marks in their honesty as well as their fair dealings with their customers, straight to the point, customer service quality was on spot, with no hidden costs. As with any service, there will always be some waiting involved, but I can honestly say that the wait time that I experienced was far shorter than their competitor's. As for their availability to answer any questions I had they deserve an A+. As I've said before, they show great attention to detail. The staff were highly motivated, energetic and friendly, easy to deal with, helpful when answering a question, very knowledgeable, all around good staff.

I thought this service for my car was truly the way to go - very professional and my car was service in a timely manner that I really appreciate. I would really support. The best thing ever. The trust I have for the persons of interest with my car is everything I needed to give them. They handle my car as it was theirs. The availability of the car being service is a work of art and I can say it's the best thing ever. They have available times all the time and I would highly recommend this to anyone. Their customer service sector is very professional and handle everything you need in the being to the end and I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking.

I took a 2014 Toyota Tundra in for a front end alignment and brake check, called me said they could align it turn the rotors and that one of the front struts was leaking fluid and recommended replacement of both. They quoted $550 for the struts installed and plus the other two items for over $800 offered 50 dollars off for a total of 780. I stupidly agreed, after searching online the struts that they charged $359.90 for I found for $165.30 for the pair, I brought that to their attention and was told that this was just the regular store mark up, and was offered a couple of oil changes to help smooth things over. This is exactly the type of activity that gives mechanics and establishment a bad name. I do not know how these people sleep at night, very well I would guess, complete rip off tactics. I have used them for company truck service and other members of my family have used them for many years, not anymore.

I have been a loyal customer with Brake Masters, for 8 or 9 years now, at the Surprise and Bell location. Managers Chad, and now manager Richard **, they are just awesome. The most and important are the Mechanics, Ruben and the crew. I love their work. I have 2005 Acura MDX, they have taken very good care of all of my cars, never had to bring my cars back twice. I was always, treated with respect, never ever felt disrespected, especially since I am a female. The guys are very nice, and courteous.

Recently, I brought my car in for an oil change, they check my car, as they always do. Richard, notice some other things that was wrong. I just started back to work, and did not have the money to get my car fix. Richard told me what I should do first, but I do need to get the rest of the work as soon as possible, he gave me a very good deal on my car. I could not afford it, but told them to do what was the most important first and told I will bring the car back as soon as I can see if I can get the funds. I just love these guys. I have recommend others. No one will work on my car, but Brake Masters. Thank you so much.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I posted a review and a statement of the incident. Since then and after a corporate intervention, Brake Masters repaired the AC.

They did a diagnose the failure incorrectly. Initially it was handled in a way that suggested I was on my own but a day later, they re-diagnosed the issue and determined that a valve did not sit properly when they checked pressure causing the Freon to evacuate over a few days.

I am satisfied at this point at Brake Master's willingness to accept responsibility and then take actions to remedy the situation. I will allow them to earn my business back.

John of Carmicheal, CA on

Original Review

Went in two days ago for a transmission flush and while I was there asked them to check my AC. I have been getting my truck ready for a summer cross country drive and was getting everything either checked or having routine service. I was looking to make sure my truck would be getting the best gas mileage because I would be racking up 4500 miles in the next couple of weeks. The transmission flush has appeared to go well, an occasional delay in the 1st and 2nd gear shift is gone. It only occasionally happened under hard acceleration. This was recommended by several Ford Ranger pros at 120,000 miles.

My AC has always blown very cold at any speed, but I availed myself of the free AC check while the truck was there. They told me it was right on spec and measured 42 degrees at the vent. Owen, the manager did mention that the compressor was a bit noisy, but all was well. So I took my truck for a few mile drive and all seemed to work okay. Later that day I drove about 2 miles to a local store, all was well. It was nice, so I didn't use my AC.

Two days after the free AC check, I had to go get my tires rotated and an oil change. Hopped in the truck, turned on the AC and the compressor didn't kick on. Oddly enough this exact thing happened after a tune-up before another road trip and it was a loose plug on the AC compressor. So when I got to the tire store in Roseville, I popped the hood and pushed the plug in on the AC. The compressor came on and then cycled off immediately. I got my tires rotated and then drove straight back to Break Masters and they said they would look at it immediately.

15 minutes later Ian, the Asst Mgr came out and said my compressor failed. So I drove into this place with working AC and after they "tested" it and told me it was good except for it being a "little noisy", I had no AC whatsoever. After a short, friendly conversation, Ian said "I will take care of it" and asked me if I could leave my truck now or return it in the morning and he would replace the compressor so I could get on the road. It appeared the situation was resolved.

About three hours later while I was having dinner at a local restaurant, I get a call from Owen, the store manager. He immediately starts in on advising me that Ian, his assistant, did not have the authority to authorize the repair. Furthermore he said he would have to call his District Mgr and he would press to get the authorization. He told me "I have the compressor right here, but it is up to my District Manager". He also then changed his assessment of my air conditioner compressor, and said, well it was working to spec, the high side was this and the low side was that and your vent temperature was 42, but your compressor was a little noisy. He then said he would call is District Manager and then call me back. About 30 minutes later he called and said, they were not going to fix my AC.

If this operation on Auburn Blvd in Sacramento represents Brake Masters, they are either incompetent or scamming liars. In either case they broke my AC during a free check up and then promised to fix it and then reneged. Furthermore, Owen should have called his District Manager before he called me to set up the "we aren't going to do it". That alone is pretty dumb and extremely poor customer service. The first call was unnecessary and a waste of my time.

Stay away from this place because you may be worse off after they do something "Free" to your car. In this case I have wonderful AC and if I had not availed myself of their free check, I am absolutely sure my AC would still be working. These guys assume everyone is some kind of moron when it comes to car service or is ignorant to typical noises that AC compressors make. In the case of Ford Rangers, I have owned about 5 of them and it is quite typical for a Ford Ranger compressor to occasionally "click". That is why I ignored his comment. Furthermore, my AC compressor didn't make any other unusual noises OR ever leak AC. In 3 years I have never needed to top off the Freon. It just works and occasional clicks. So now I have no AC and it is Brake Masters fault. Don't go here, Owen runs a rip off.

Carefree Hwy Brake Masters gave me a quote on replace a timing belt on Sequoia and promised it back in one day. Turned out too big of a job for the unlicensed mechanic but did manage to pull it off 3 days later. The next morning head to San Juan River for fly fishing and made it all the way to Flagstaff before the timing belt shredded and stranded me at the dealership for 8 hours. Seems he forgot to tighten the tensioner pulley. I called Brake Masters and they said they would take care of the bill $750 - and they did.

I submitted a copy of the bill in person and they said they would give me a great price on brakes to make up for the incident of stranding me in the middle of the reservation. So, quixotic being my tendency I said ok. Well, wouldn't you know they said the shocks were leaking and the brakes and rotors had to be replaced and for $1450 they could take care of it.

I said thanks anyway and went to Toyota that afternoon and asked them to check the stated conditions. I waited approximately 45 minutes and the service manager said that shocks, brakes and rotors were all fine. Sure, I wrote a letter to the BBB and BM corporate office but I think this is standard and customary treatment and although I did receive a letter from a corporate name, ultimately the staff was changed to a different store and I suspect the beat goes on.

My truck in on 6/17/2015. I was given a quote of $231. They said they would call me. Then the next day a different guy calls and said I needed brake rotors and pads and it was going to cost me around $700 dollars. I went to pick it up on 6/19/2015 and they had broke off a bolt on the hub so I go to pick it up on 6/19/2015 and they say the truck won't start. They tell me it's my alarm system. Well my alarm never worked. Then they told me to tow it to somebody that knows something about it, so I had AAA come tow it. SHUT THESE GUYS DOWN Pleaseeeee.

The shop on North Mesa, El Paso, TX told me they would service my AC and I spent $172.00 for nothing, they didn't fix it. When l went back to complaint, they gave me a bunch of **. I would always take my car there and even recommend it. No more!

Brake Masters installed struts. Broke top cover pushing completion of job two more days. Strut rattled and knocked returned car six more times. They would not look at the work they did and told me loose battery, loose spare tire, loose air filter box you must need new control arms ???? Finally after a year of nonsense I take it to the dealership. They agree it is the strut. The tech showed me loose nut and washer. I go to Brake Masters and show them myself what to tighten. They pretend to fix it even putting socket on it, "ok, you're good, bye."

I don't get out of parking lot, nut wasn't tight. I go get wife for witness return to shop just in time for their employee who is spinning doughnuts to almost nail us with his car. I return next day demanding they fix it and when they finally did they broke the trim. Their customer service guy ** said I was rude in the store and wasn't going to do anything for me or about the safety of customers. His response to employee spinning doughnuts and driving recklessly in store parking lot was and I quote "it happens after hours and he said he didn't do it." Way to put it back on customers **.

Just over 3 months ago we had a miscommunication over my brake job deal. I left unhappy and commented on their website of my dissatisfaction. Then "**" responded quickly and offered to correct the issue with a 3 month replacement offer to correct the issue no questions asked. I missed the deadline due to personal life issues. My wife became very sick over same period and relied on my time almost fully. Admittedly, I could have snuck in there somewhere in between. I've decided to just write it off as simply a miscommunication since I DID get brake pads. Just not what I was expecting. Regardless, I'd like to thank them for their offer.

Went to Brake Masters in Norco, CA. What an experience. I came in for an alignment with a coupon. The guy at the counter said the coupon will take care of all 4 wheels at the price of $49.95. He also said the newer cars MAY need a steering reset for an additional $30 (I'm not complaining about this price, but I think an alignment is an alignment and the steering reset should be included). OK..... When I got my car back, the fee was $20 more than I expected. I was charged for the alignment at a different price. I got this lame excuse that all 4 tires are a different price. I asked for my $20 because I believe that I was misinformed.

This guy started to tell me that I was ripping him off and I am wrong and he was right. How humiliating it was. I felt embarrassed but kept my ground because I knew I was right. He went on for another 10 minutes on how right he was while he working on getting my money back. Really 10 minutes. I did receive my money back but with a cost. I will never let this happen to me because I will never go to Brake Masters again. I won't call corporate because I read here that they have the person at the store call you and try to explain their reason without an apology. Sheeesh!

I took my 1991 Pontiac firebird in for a four wheel alignment, they gave me a price to align it, of $69.95. I asked “how long it would take”, “too long to wait, asked them to call when done”. Awhile later they called said it needed other things done. I disagreed because a diff. mechanic just did that work. They proceeded to align and said it was ready to go and charged me another $98.00. I paid under protest and while driving home that night my car [shook, rattled and was all over the road]. This was around the xmas holidays 12-27-15 so on the 12-30-15 I took my car to Pep boys. They discovered that when brake masters did their work they did not tighten up all the bolts that they loosened to adjust it for a correct job. The car was not safe to drive.

I had another mechanic also look it over he said it’s still out of alignment and the struts are ready to collapse so he tightened the bolts under the front end and realign my car. Now it is just fine. B.M. said I should of given them another chance but because of the shabby work they did, I felt they were not competent to try again. So it cost me again another $141.75 to get it fixed and on the road safely.

I brought my vehicle in to have an oil change on Thursday, February 19, 2015. I found a coupon in the paper for $19.95. I did see that it would be extra if more oil of 5 qts were needed and another type of filter. My bill was $ 32.71 after all said and done. I did ask Mike how much would it be if they checked all fluids and he said that is their $31.00 dollar oil change prior to having the work performed. I was not told the additional price until after the oil change was done. I went to church that Sunday and my malfunction indicator light went on which covers the brake instrument cluster. After service I noticed a huge amount of oil and saw it was brake fluid oil. Brake Master was closed and is on the way home for me so drove home. I checked the dip stick when I got home and only a little oil showed. Did not get a very good sleep that night because between Thursday and Sunday I put 50 miles on the car and was concerned about the engine.

I call at 7:45 am Monday morning and informed the assistant manager what has occurred. He said to bring it in and informed him that even though it is not that far I will not drive my car in without oil in it. He sent a mechanic over very quickly and he checked the dip stick and said I had a little oil but will put in more so I can drive it in. When I arrived the service was done very quickly. I also informed the assistant manager when I got there that I saw the oil on the bottom of the car and would like them to steam clean it and also do a diagnostic on my car. Plus wanted to go out there with him because I felt they just didn't tighten up the cap on the vehicle which happens too many times in Kingman. He said that does happen once in awhile. He misunderstood me also and said it had to be on the bottom because if it involved the top portion there would be oil all over the engine and not the bottom.

I worked at the Ford Service for four years and heard of many instances from customers regarding this issue in all places of service. He said he would do what I requested. I saw my car go up on the rack and hands around the area plus flash lights. I walked out there on my own accord and the service manager informed me that the o-ring on the oil filter housing was kinked which made it leak. They can't tell if it was a defective filter until later. He showed me a new filter and o-ring but not the one I had installed on my car. I did have an appointment that morning elsewhere and had to cancel because of this episode. I went back inside to wait to finish and just mentioned the filter on the o-ring to another employee at the counter and said it was funny that there was no oil on the engine. He just said that any leak deals with gravity and went down. A contradiction of what was told earlier to me.

The assistant manager came out and said all work was done and gave me my keys and said I was free to go. I requested to have the service done in writing. So he wrote what was done. Asked him if they did a diagnostic on the engine so I know it's ok and he pointed It out on the paperwork that he did. The following is what he wrote: customer returned for oil leak after oil service was performed. Tech found the o-ring on the oil filter housing was torn and leaking. Tech replaced seal with new one and cleaned engine, engine bay and underside of vehicle. Also service engine. Soon light was on. Found code for oil pressure switch low. This was due to the seal not holding pressure in engine. Cleared light after seal was installed.

My feeling is that they lied to me about the reason of the leak and dishonesty does not sit well with me. My mil light was on not the service engine light on. I also stopped at another place in Kingman and asked the service manager if this story sounds correct and said they should of just admitted their mistake and not blame an o-ring. It just doesn't happen that way. I will be bringing my vehicle for service at another location in Kingman from now on. They always have a $24.95 oil change and all fluids are checked with this price. Brake Masters was very courteous and efficient regarding correcting the problem as was I but no incentive to go back to Brake Masters and will tell people I know not to go there.

My truck was having vibration issues when the brakes where applied (front brakes). I took it into Brake Masters a 5110 e Ray Rd for a free inspection. They complete the inspection and advise me one rotor cannot be resurfaced again and needs replacement, and the other is right on the cusp of needing replacement. They recommend other upsale items as well. Upon learning the rotors needs replacing, I purchase new rotors and pads and installed them myself. Imagine my anger and disappointment when one wheel stud and lug nut broke off. The wheels, tires and lug nuts were all installed NEW in September 2014. They were the first and only party to touch the wheels since, and the stud and lug nut break off?

Brake Masters Company Profile