3.30/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Brake Masters

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 16, 2017

58 Brake Masters Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I went into a Brake Masters location in Glendale, AZ last weekend. I had an appointment at 7:45 am and they didn't even get my vehicle into a bay for 1 1/2 hours. Then I didn't even get out of there until about 10:15. I was pretty pissed about that, especially since it was just for a brake check! Then they tell me that I need front and rear brakes, shoes and pads only, and with all their add on, shop fees and taxes it was going to cost $437.00. Pretty outrageous, don't you think?

So, I called Champs Auto Repair in Peoria and made an appointment for today, Saturday 09/16/17. They inspected my brakes, and took me into the shop to show me that I still had wear left on my shoes and pads. They just suggested a clean and adjust, which was only $47.50. But had I needed the same brake job that Brake Masters had said, they were going to price match any ad I could show them and I had an ad for $74.95 per axle, which would have only been not more than $200 out the door, including all taxes, shop fees, etc. Point being, Brake Masters is a total rip off and I'll never go there again!

Original review: June 8, 2017

The Brake Masters on Tropicana in Las Vegas needs to be shut down. The mechanics that work there do not know what they are doing. Took my vehicle and paid almost 900. And it has cost me more time and money. Finally they had it towed to the dealership where they fixed the issues that Brake Masters had created. The district manager has dragged his feet and only fixed half the problem.

Finally told me he was washing his hands of the car and good luck. Thanks Frank. Called the corp office the guy there said the same thing. Thanks Tim. Instead of sitting behind a desk, maybe you two should get out, visit the stores and hire competent mechanics. Hopefully you two will get replaced, bad leadership causes bad employees and customer complaints. Maybe someone at the top will read this and the other 100s of customer complaints and do something about it, or maybe they care less more than you two. CONSUMERS BE AWARE. BRAKE MASTERS WILL DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. YOU WILL THANK ME LATER.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I am a full-time RVer and needed rear pads on my Jeep. As an out-of-town person I had to rely on internet reviews to select the business that I was going to trust this repair to. I selected Brake Masters located at 1935 E. Broadway Blvd. I have to say that ** the manager and his staff were wonderful. They displayed total professionalism and care in taking care of my jeep. ** honored the online coupon even though I was unable to print it out. They were efficient and did an excellent job. They educated me about my particular braking needs and didn't try to sell me anything that I didn't need. I don't know if I will ever be back in the Tucson area, but if I am and if I need brake work done I will not hesitate to return to this location.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Refusal to address, repair, replace defective part/work - Brake Masters stated need to replace right front CV boot and front axle. Work performed March, 2016. Work warranted. Notice leaks on drive where no leak existed previously. Returned monthly to have the leaked checked. Told there is no problem. Refused to check further, address the issue and resolve complaint. Managers change on a frequent basis. Rude, disrespectful, condescending, insulting, blame customer, fail to keep accurate records required by CarFax. Now having to replace transmission fluid due to seal problem created by front axle repair. Brake Masters created a problem and refuses to repair per warranty. Will cost $350+ to have the work redone properly at another repair service company.

Corporate office Tucson, AZ has not resolved the complaints and disputes, makes excuses to cover for bad, unfair business practices, not honoring warranty, poor customer service, poor quality work. The Brake Masters location, North Hayden, Scottsdale, AZ has changed managers several times, no continuity service, customer service, management, corporate oversight or compliance with their policies.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Very poor service and way too expensive and I don't think they did the work that they promised. I think it was a scam. We were charged for work that didn't do. I had the same trouble when we left as when we went in. They are on almost every corner. Show up in every strip mall. They prey on the poor and people looking for a good deal. They seem like scam artists. Not very helpful and not very forthright or forthcoming. Not really a very good explanation of the work done and an estimated cost. Seems like they were looking for more things to fix.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brake Masters?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Needed some work done and they we're able to get me in quick and out quick. Very reasonable prices and friendly service. My brakes have never worked better and have been returning ever since. I recommend to my family and friends because it's a service that just can not be beat for many reasons! I was only there for about thirty minutes the first time and forty the second time I returned and for car repair that's a great standard in my book! Being a female it's hard to find trustworthy mechanics and garage work. I have been taken advantage of before but not here. These guys we're great and very helpful. I called needing work done and they were able to schedule me an appointment within 48 hours. I got in and got out. They we're always willing to answer my questions and did it with a smile. The mechanics that worked on my car and the receptionist that made my appointment and took my payment were all very friendly and courteous!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

It rides a lot smoother. When they relined my tires my steering wheel does not pulled to one side. My anti brakes don't really come on. Go to them they will treat you and your vehicle with respect. Don't have to worry about them going through your car. They tell you when you need to redo your brakes and if anything goes wrong they will have you come back in to see what's going on with your brakes. It's so easy you can call them even look them up on the Internet. When you schedule your appointment with them ask if they can email you or even call you a day before your appointment to remind you that you have appointment with them. They are very respectful. They answer all of your question. They treat their customer with care and the respect you deserve. Very trustworthy. Don't have to worry about them being rude like some customer service.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

The price was slightly less than competitors and I felt that they did a good enough job but was rushed and too fast to be quality work. That was concerning that my car was safe. I felt like the employees were knowledgeable about the service options offered. That was commended because it reassured that I was making the right decision. It was easy to make an appointment and there were several different time slots to choose from. I was able to take my vehicle during my lunch. Customer service was good but didn't like the sales pressure to buy or fix other things. I felt like being a woman, they thought they could take advantage of me knowing little about cars.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

Nothing more than any other auto shop. They did basic service oil change and it took over an hour or 2. I never went back. I go to Jiffy Lube now. I don't really trust them. They talked my mom into getting extra work on the car done. Which she agreed to and I had to pay for. The work wasn't even that great or necessary. I had to have more work done later. I've gotten oil changes done and bigger things like brakes. They always took way too long and weren't even sorry for it. I never had a good experience. Always at least a hour wait. They weren't always rude... but definitely not always friendly. Never even said sorry for the LONG wait times. I go to Jiffy Lube now cause I'm always greeted with a smile and offered a drink.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I think it made my car work better, the results were amazing, and my car has been working well since having it worked on. I'd recommend this service to anyone who needs their car worked on. I loved the people, everyone helped answer my questions, helped me better understand what was wrong with my car and understand it. It helped too because they treated me like I wasn't stupid. It went very well, everything went as expected they let me schedule my appointment easily and without hassle. Everyone helped with the problem and it got accomplished. The customer service was very mature about it and professional about the whole thing. It went as well as could be expected and I'm really happy with the results.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I think the services that were done to my car was definitely worth the money. It definitely improved the value of my car. They fixed my brakes in a matter of a couple says. I am definitely not a person who knows a lot about cars and I have heard many horror stories about people getting ripped off but they assured me they were doing what needed to be done. They were very available to answer all of my questions. The scheduling was very difficult for some reason. They were really busy and so was I so it was hard to coordinate sometimes. The customer service was excellent. They communicated very efficiently throughout the whole process and gave me updates and I needed then.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Helped my car to stop. My car was shaking very bad and the new brakes definitely solved the problem. They inspected the car, told me the problem and the price and fixed it and stayed true to estimate. They seemed to be pretty trustworthy. They were available when I needed them. They had an appointment available the same day. They were located pretty close to my house, and their hours of operation met my needs. The customer service was good. They were polite and explained everything to me clearly. They treated my car and me with respect and showed me why the work they were doing needed to be done.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

The service is great. They didn't take too long. It was quick and fast. My brakes was really bad. My rotor was wrapped. And they replaced it with a good quality one. Everytime I get my brakes done its good until the next service when I have to change them. Didnt squeal nor did I ever had to go back there for another change. Its not too far from my house. Probably a 15 mins from where I live. And I see em almost everywhere. Great locations about everywhere you go. Great customer service. They make sure you are good till your next service for the brakes. And they did it quick. By the time you know it ding its done and you're on your way.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

The value is excellent! They're careful not to overcharge you for extra "repairs" you don't need. Some others companies might do that to make a couple extra bucks. But they charge you exactly what you need & they don't overprice their repairs. Employees are extremely trustworthy. I've personally accidentally left valuables in the car & when I came to pick up my car they were still there. And they also take care of your car! They're careful not to scratch, ding, or dent a thing. They're incredibly available! If you're lucky to have one in your area they're open most of the day. They times they say it takes to do repairs and they're available to pick up are usually spot on. If they're off then they're sure to let you know. Customer service is excellent! They're kind and welcoming when you walk in and they're happy to look at your car to check what you need done and explain why so you don't feel like you're being jipped.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

Not too expensive and completed what I needed in order for my car to be safe for me and my children. The price was reasonable since I'm a single mother putting myself through school. The dedicated employees were fast and made me feel that they knew what they were talking about. This is a good quality to possess so I felt safe in their hands. Did not have to wait in long lines or sit and wait for extensive amount of time, while my car was being taken care of. Also I could schedule an appointment to avoid delays. The professional, courteous, and welcoming of all the employees was completely remarkable. I would recommend this company to my family and friends.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

The customer service was great. They were very helpful with the questions that I had about my car. They did not make me feel dumb for asking questions. They fix my car now it works as better than before. I could trust my car with them. Whenever I need to fix my car, I will go to them, no matter what. They gave me the right material for my car whenever I asked. They are always available. When I come there I never have to wait for a long time and they get my car quick. I am in and out within the hour, no matter what time of day or what day it is. Super good. I love going there for my questions or for anything. They are so nice to me, and make me feel comfortable and feel like I am welcomed.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

The value of the service was definitely a breath of fresh air, they made sure everything was in order and made sure if had any problems to contact them asap and that they would take care of the problem no questions asked. They gave a year warranty on the work they did. They made sure if had any problems or concerns to bring to them right away. They even gave their personal number if couldn't reach them in the office. They were very flexible when it came to availability, anytime Monday through Friday and even half days on Saturdays and they would always make an effort to squeeze you in even if you didn't have an appointment with them. Customer service was out of this world, so friendly, warm, outgoing. They made sure you understood what was happening and if not they went over it step by step to break it down for you. They seriously care about their customers.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

The price was reasonable for the work I needed done. I love the price gauge they used to determine what the price was before services were rendered. I trust this company very much. The work was done professionally by knowledgeable staff and the service was awesome. I'm glad I went through them. I love the service. They allow walk ins which is so convenient. For me with my schedule. The hours are flexible giving me a way to choose when I can come in. The customer service was very professional. The staff were clean and friendly and their attitude for their work showed such passion for perfection.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

Very knowledgeable staff and really friendly. Great place to take your vehicle to if you are having trouble with brakes. If I had to go back there again I would. They described exactly what they would be doing and walked me through the whole process. Were very friendly as I waited for it to be done. Called and was able to make an appointment for the next day. They answered all my questions while I was on the phone with them and were extremely helpful. Very satisfied with how well they work with their customers and how well they interact with them. Were friendly over the phone and once I arrived were extremely friendly in person.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

Very good service, friendly employees, quick and speedy service. I would recommend them to friends and family in the future. Very knowledgeable staff. All the people that I dealt with at Brake Masters were very trustworthy. They made me feel very comfortable and at ease throughout the whole process. They were able to take my car in almost immediately when I arrived. I did not have to wait very long at all. I did not have to make an appointment either. They practice very good customer service at Brake Masters. The employees are very welcoming and courteous and make you feel important. I highly recommend.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

A very good value for the quality of work I had and the expected. Very great deal of knowledge, evidently, and timely manner with quality work and a remarkable prices and promotions. Their employees had a wonderful attitude and very attentive to help or ask me if I need anything. They are very friendly and helpful. Their employees are friendly and welcoming. They greet you with a "Hello" and "What can I do to help you?" They make you feel comfortable with them that you have no doubt but to trust them. They are always find a way to fit you in if it's a emergency or book you in a timely manner. You usually have a appointment in the same week. They answer the phone with a "Hello how may I help you" and come across like they really do want to help you. Very kind employees.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

They completed the brakes quickly. They were very nice. They gave me upfront pricing, I wasn't charged hidden fees. They let me know how long it would take to install my brakes. They did not overcharge me for the work they completed, I felt the price I paid was reasonable for the work that was done. They were professional and courteous. The waiting area was very clean. The bathrooms were very clean. They started working on my car within 15 minutes of me getting there. I received an estimate quickly. I did not have a long wait before they came and talked to me about how much it would cost to get my new brakes installed. They were very friendly and courteous. They offered water which was great since it was a very hot day. I felt like they wanted my business and appreciated that I chose them for my brake repair.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

The price and labor was within the average range of the providers in the area. Overall I felt I got my money's worth for the good work that they did. The reviews I read beforehand of the company were good for the most part, which went a long way towards guiding my selection of a company to work on my vehicle. The staff was friendly and courteous and answered my questions and concerns with thoroughness and alacrity. They seemed very knowledgeable in their field of expertise. From the receptionist to the mechanics, everyone was pleasant. A good working atmosphere and environment is always a plus and will likely lead to repeat business.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

I didn't worry or feel like they were trying to sell me more products that weren't necessary. I trusted my car more after they worked on my brakes. They walked me through every step they were doing, and their employees were easy to work with. They made sure I was comfortable from beginning to end. Their schedule was a little busy... which in turn made me think they had a reliable service. Even the receptionist was able to keep me up to date as the work was being done. Friendly, clean, experience, knowledgeable, comforting - made me feel like my car and myself were well taken care of. They were able to tell me everything about the products and service.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

Their prices are very reasonable compared to others. They're cheap and do great work. Their waiting rooms are great also so the whole 20 minutes you wait for a brakes to be replaced. I wouldn't trust anyone else. I know they're worthy and won't let me down. I been going to them for years now and would change a thing there so give and fast and prices are reasonable can't beat it. It's a one step call. They almost always have openings and if not never more than maybe 15 minutes wait to be serviced. The quality of workmanship and all is off the chart. They're so amazing. Fast, friendly and professional, always have a smile and willing to help not like the rival shops. They're professional and worth a check out by anyone. I wouldn't change a thing from brake service to customer services.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I felt that the price for my brake job was a little high, but I had to get done right away. They did a good job so overall I was happy with the value. Seems like these guys, in addition to many other places, are always finding things wrong that they want to fix. Made me leery of them. I was happy with their availability. I needed a job done urgently. They were the first place that was able to work me in, in a timely manner. My overall customer experience was very good. The staff was friendly. Quick service. Made sure that I felt comfortable with their work.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

My car needed a new set of brakes and I had a few friends who ordered parts from Brake Masters. So I gave it a shot and my brakes are fine now. The price is decent and if you can fix it yourself, it's worth it. I was a little skeptical before because it was my first time buying from Brake Masters. But overall, I would buy from them again. The customer service was decent and the value is good. I would recommend to other customers. The customer service was helpful and informatory. They were able to answer every question I had and seemed very educated. I was told of the sales and discounts available. I was offered the most popular products. Again, the customer service was well informed. They were helpful and explained all of the necessary products and deals going on. Every question I had was answered with details.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

It was a really great value for the service provided and the service was more than adequate for what was required and the price. Before the service, this brand was rated as trustworthy by many friends and family. After the service was done, our expectations were confirmed. When we went to schedule service, it was easy and convenient. The company was available by phone and was flexible with date and time. Excellent. Service was performed efficiently and we were more than satisfied. The workers were available and willing to answer any questions we had and were available afterwards as well.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

Great customer service, with wonderful attention to detail. I've had a lot of difficulty with other companies but was grateful to find someone who actually took pride in doing their best for the customer. I would highly recommend, with high marks in their honesty as well as their fair dealings with their customers, straight to the point, customer service quality was on spot, with no hidden costs. As with any service, there will always be some waiting involved, but I can honestly say that the wait time that I experienced was far shorter than their competitor's. As for their availability to answer any questions I had they deserve an A+. As I've said before, they show great attention to detail. The staff were highly motivated, energetic and friendly, easy to deal with, helpful when answering a question, very knowledgeable, all around good staff.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I thought this service for my car was truly the way to go - very professional and my car was service in a timely manner that I really appreciate. I would really support. The best thing ever. The trust I have for the persons of interest with my car is everything I needed to give them. They handle my car as it was theirs. The availability of the car being service is a work of art and I can say it's the best thing ever. They have available times all the time and I would highly recommend this to anyone. Their customer service sector is very professional and handle everything you need in the being to the end and I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking.

Brake Masters Company Information