3.9/5 (78 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About American First Auto Protect

American First Auto Protect provides extended auto warranties for used vehicles that are no longer under warranty by the manufacturer. The company is headquartered in New York but serves customers all over the U.S. It has more than 14 years of experience in the industry and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. Its coverage plans are highly customizable.

Pros

• Direct payment to certified shops
  • Customizable coverage
  • Roadside assistance included

Cons

• Not transparent about prices

Bottom Line

American First Auto Protect is an extended auto warranty company. It promises flexible coverage that fits any budget. It covers parts, services and roadside assistance. For a quote, you’ll have to contact the company directly.

American First Auto Protect Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American First Auto Protect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American First Auto Protect?

Original review: March 24, 2022

Barry ** helped me set a policy up and he was truly amazing. Barry went above and beyond and provided me with the platinum warranty. I do not know much about vehicles and I told Barry that so he made sure to go over the plan slow and go over all details. After I purchased I called Barry and wanted to make sure my Land Rover dealer accepted their coverage. We hopped on the phone with the dealer and they confirmed that these guys were great. Barry you were amazing. I will be sending all family and friends for their extended warranty needs to you.

Original review: March 24, 2022

Staff is really cool and friendly. As a customer I always have questions. Everybody I speak to is very patient and answers all my questions perfectly. Their customers service team is trained right. Happy I chose a company with good values and not only a good sales team but a good customer service team as well. Go with these guys. They're the perfect choice.

Original review: March 24, 2022

Solid experience with American First Auto. Paid my claim out for my fuel pump with in a couple of hours. Satisfied with the quick claims process which is rare in extended warranties. Highly recommend. Ask for Thomas he was very informative. A plus experience so far.

Original review: March 21, 2022

What they were offering sounded great to me. So far, it's been good. They also respond to all my phone calls.

Original review: March 20, 2022

I talked to a guy from American First and everything sounded good. He said I had 30 days to decide, ‘cause they run a special. I called back and I didn't get him. But I got somebody else and they told me I only had 20 days to decide and that I would owe more money down. I called and got ahold of the person I talked to, and he was throwing different numbers out. I said, “I had 30 days to decide.” He said, “We need a decision on the 21st.” I said I was just gonna cancel. He gave me a number to call him back. The number that he tried to call me back was his personal number. But it came up with a totally different name than his. It sounded like he was on the road. He said, “Yeah, this is Colin.” It sounded like a scam and for me, not to get that $100 back, even more after that, I'm glad it was just 100 bucks.

Original review: March 19, 2022

We worked the purchasing process out quickly and they answered everything I was asking them for.

Original review: March 18, 2022

The purchasing process was good, and the policy is covering everything on my car. That's what I was interested in, to make sure that my car is covered because it's expensive. I have an appointment for an oil change and I want them to check out my car. If they find anything, I want them to fix it. In the beginning, I kept on putting the rep off for another day and he wasn't sure what was going on, but afterwards, he explained everything.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I was intrigued by the good price and no deductible. But suspicious of this too. My salesmen was Barry **. No matter how many times I told him I was not buying the warranty for another few months he kept asking when am I buying it because he did some work like send me the brochure. He told me he would have a service adviser call me from the BMW service dept I would be using. A person who said his name was James from Delray BMW called me. He told me they have worked with this warranty company and have had no problems. Barry ** called me that evening and got angry that I did not buy the contract yet. I disconnected the call. I called Delray BMW the next day. There was no James and the service adviser there said they have not worked with this company. Buyer Beware.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I don't even know where to start with this. I gave them a good review back in July then I had a problem with the car. They said, "No problem we will pay $200 of it." My mechanic has never seen anything from them so now I have to go pay him the remaining balance. I sold my car about 7 months 8 months after I bought the extended warranty so when I called for my refund they said, "Well we paid a claim for you of 480" and I have to pay a cancellation fee of 250 and then $80 a month for 8 months and they said they only owe me $550. Well I finally just agreed to that to get this over with but I've been waiting now since February 8th. Now they hang up on me. I don't hear from them. They keep telling me the checks in the mail, the checks in the mail. Nothing ever comes. Then they said it came back to them three times and they stop payment on it which doesn't make sense to me now.

I called today and they just keep hanging up. I've emailed. I'm not hearing back from any of them. When I was sold the policy through Chase ** he was such a sweetheart. Boy was I taking in by him. He better hope it doesn't happen to his mother one day and then of course Colin **/ Billie G /Nathan/ Zack I've talked to each one of them. They're all going to take care of this matter and nobody takes care of anything. I even have one of them say, "Well I'm not going to argue with you. We're not going to argue about this." You know I paid a policy in good faith. They need to pay back or are they a scam company!!

Original review: March 17, 2022

I talked to a couple of guys over at American First Auto and went with their full coverage, Platinum. The buying process was simple enough.

Original review: March 12, 2022

I reviewed 5 auto service/warranty companies.

1. Endurance - read their contract excludes more than they cover.
2. CarShield - read their contract excludes more than they cover.
3. AAA - Super expensive
4. YAA - Didn't cover my car because of mileage

5. American First - Very comprehensive coverage plus no deductible and rim/tire damage coverage. Price was reasonable. Haven't use them yet however based on the price and what they offer, they are clearly the best option.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Waste of Money. First lied to by Josh ** sales rep. Stated the Warranty would start in 30 days but if not happy with the Warranty within 30 days then money back. That should have been my first red flag. Steering issue occurred on the vehicle after 30 days but deemed warranty not kicked in, but we will help pay for some of the cost. I thought ok pretty nice company…wrong. Colin ** then lied or hung up the phone when asking where my check was and I was told…It would be in the mail in 7-10 days…"Oh. It mailed out on the 15th…Oh you have to talked to billing, etc.…"

Nothing. Never received. No phone calls. No return emails. They had no problem withdrawing the $2500 I paid them…same day. But couldn’t pay me the 300 dollars they promised. Liars and Very Poor Customer Service. Run. Don’t walk in the other direction… Then..responded.."oh you can have your money IF you take down the reviews bashing us." No apologies. Nothing. Poor business practices.

Original review: March 10, 2022

One of the best experiences I’ve had with an extended warranty company. I brought my Range Rover to the dealer for maintenance. The service advisor called me and said that I’ve had a faulty code and I needed to replace my air suspension. I told the advisor I had American First Auto Protect to please call them. They contacted American first auto and they approved the repair the next day. I was extremely happy because they paid literally the whole bill besides my $75.00 dollar deductible. I was comparing American first 6 months ago with all other companies and I’m extremely satisfied that I made the right choice to go with them. God bless you guys.

Resolution response: March 9, 2022

As it turns out there were some internal issues with the accounts payable department at American First. Since it was a direct reimbursement situation rather than remitting payment to a vendor it caused some sort of issue internally because I wasn't set up as a vendor and was an individual. They have apologized profusely, paid me extra for my troubles to cover any future oil changes, and have promised that the situation will not happen to me or anyone else again. As frustrated as I was.... they have made it right. I guess one should judge a company more by what they do to resolve negative reviews than how many great reviews they have. I don't think I should have had to go through everything I did to get a result, but it truly seems like they have taken corrective actions internally and I do feel as if I've been made whole.

Original review: March 8, 2022

In 36 years I've rarely been scammed, but it happened with American First Auto Protect. At first everything seemed great... I was able to protect my Maserati which is hard to find a warranty for since it has Ferrari parts. It felt great! I had a warranty for less than $3k to cover my Maserati completely for 3 years. Then.... I actually needed to use it and that's when everything changed. As part of the plan I purchased I received $2000 in tire/wheel coverage (up to $500 per wheel/tire). A few weeks after purchasing the vehicle out of nowhere the two rear tires failed. The total for the fix was $730 which is well less than 500+500 coverage. It felt great again. I called American First and they stated send the receipt and they'll send a reimbursement check right away. This was in early December.

Since this time I have sent countless emails and placed countless phone calls to inquire on the status of the reimbursement. Every time Colin ** states that he's working on it, handling it, or some other bid of confidence statement. However, for over 2 months nothing happened. Once I threatened to write a bad review if it wasn't handled right away by a check sent via Fedex they stated they would send a wire. I provided my information. Days passed and no wire. After inquiring they stated that they didn't believe me that I didn't receive it. I receive wires weekly so I sent a statement from my bank account clearly showing no wire. Of course, they did not honor my request to see a wire confirmation which they obviously do not have because no wire was ever sent. Still today there's been nothing done.

I've got all the phone records, the original sales phone call recorded, and copies of all the emails. I will be sending this information to the attorney general of New York, Arizona, and the Federal Trade Commission. I warn all of you out there that these folks may seem affordable, seem friendly, and tell you everything you want to hear but when it comes to actually using the coverage you will be failed.

Original review: March 7, 2022

Pleasant experience so far. I had two vehicle signed up with them. My Mercedes’ I had a small claim on my condenser which they paid for. Quick claims process too. My Land Rover I sold and they gave me a prorated refund. The check took about a week to come which I was pleased about. I feel like I made the right choice for a high end car warranty.

Original review: March 7, 2022

I had a recent claim with American First Auto Protect. My vehicle broke down at around midnight. I called a roadside assistance company right away. The next day I contacted American first to let them know my vehicle was in the shop. When I called in to let them know they notified me that my claim was approved and paid for which I was very happy of the speed of approval. I did notify them that I had paid for a tow truck. I emailed them the receipt and within 2 days I had a check in my hand from them. This has been the best experience I have had with any extended warranty company.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I am pleased to say that I will be talking to the attorney general about this business in the next coming weeks because of how they treated me as a customer. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, they are constantly being evasive (especially Zach). This company is built on lies and false reputation. I wouldn't be shocked if all of the real reviews are fake. They have approved two amounts for me and have never paid it. This company is surely going bankrupt with their current operations. Been trying to get in contact with someone for a previous claim and they won't issue a refund or let me talk to a human. Zach if you read this, I hope you know this was by far the worst experience I had with a company. I always had to chase after you and everything was false promises. I will never forget when a service advisor said you slandered me over the phone and I caused too many red flags. Thanks for wasting my time.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

I am pleased by the way this company paid out my claim. They were hands on from the day I called them and said I was bringing my car to my Porsche dealership. My claim was paid quickly I think within a day. James in claims was amazing. They paid for my rental car right away as well. What a pleasant experience. I am happy I have this company for my extended warranty needs. Highly recommend

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I was given a lot of information to make an informed decision And upon going a different direction, I was refunded the money promptly, which is very important with all the scams that's being done via the internet. I really would've stuck with America 1st Auto protection if it wasn't for the dealer insisting that I go with the dealership policy that cost way more and probably wasn't half as good, but we shall see. Hopefully all will be well and I won't even need the warranty coverage.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I recently purchased a newer BMW and the factory warranty eventually expired. I needed an extended warranty that was affordable and comprehensive. There were numerous companies to choose from and finally decided on “American First Auto Protect!” I’ve had my share of difficulties with prior warranty arraignments. However, I discovered only two weeks into the new agreement my car needed a right rear flex disc replaced. Not only did Colin ** (American First Proprietor) give BMW the green light for replacement he called me personally to inform me. They (AFAP) came through one hundred percent…thank you Colin and company!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

Seamless claims process. Had an issue with my air suspension on my Range. I contacted American First and they advised me to take it to the shop of my choice. All I paid was a 100 bucks for the whole bill. Fast claims process. Happy I went with American first.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

Easier process than I imagined. I brought my vehicle in for maintenance on Friday. The tech at Land Rover of Vegas told me I need to replace my fuel pump. I let him know I had warranty with American First. He contacted American first and they approved the claim and gave my service advisor authorization on the same call. 2 days later I went to pick up my car and it was as good as new. Such an easy process. Just dropped it off and picked it up. No headaches. Just a stress free process. Way to go guys. God bless y’all.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

Do not use this company. They don't appear to be legit. I canceled my warranty within the 30 day period because they have a F rating with the BBB. You only talk to the same people, Colin and Chase which lets you know the company can't be that big. I canceled another ago and still don't have my refund nor can get anyone to answer the phone just as the BBB states on its site. The ratings are only good because Chase is super friendly but if you expect a refund or for them to pay a claim please be ready for disappointment. Save yourself the headache, do research before purchasing and choose a legit company. They only have 50 plus reviews on here compared to other companies who have 100s so don't be swayed with the rating score.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

Really hard to get a hold of. I actually have to call with different phone numbers, to just get Zack, Teddy, or Collin, and to just be on hold. Not a good company. I thought they were good, but when they told me to go ahead and pay. And they will reimburse me. Trust went out the window, when all attempts for a check to be mailed or wired, just never happened. At least a manager? Nobody. Just these 3 guys running a shady business. In New York. Far away.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I recently spoke to Mitch to get a quote on my 2011 Range Rover. Mitch was very informative and patient with me. He answered all my questions and was not pushy at all. I really appreciate salesman that don’t push you. Everybody has to be like Mitch he was a pleasure to work with. Unfortunately at the moment I don’t have the funds to purchase a plan but once I do I will be calling Mitch back. At of all 4 companies I spoke with these guys were the most professional and courteous.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

This company goes above and beyond for their customers. I broke down this weekend at 3 am. I called American First Auto Protect and they made sure to get me a tow to the closest Maserati Dealership. The truck came out in less than 20 minutes. This morning I was notified from American first that my alternator needed to be replaced and it was covered under the package I purchased. I am so grateful for this company. They are great.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

Pleasant experience on my recent claim with American First. Aaron in claims was a great help. My Mercedes’ dealer told me I had to wait 4 weeks for a part to come in. I needed my car to drive to work and couldn’t wait 4 weeks. Aaron called me and had a brand new oem part shipped directly to my dealer in 2 days. He was quick to respond and kept in contact with me to let me know when it arrived. I am very satisfied with the service.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

What a professional team at American first auto protect. Colin and Jennifer are amazing people and I’m so happy that they are my account representatives. My ac unit went out in my car last week. I called and let them know and Jennifer helped me out and got me to the closest Mercedes Benz dealer. I needed it fixed as soon as possible because that is my transportation to work. Jennifer was very attentive and kept me informed throughout the process.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

We’ll I bought this coverage back in 2020. It has been nothing less than great. All my 3 claims were covered. I am extremely grateful I chose American First. I really like working with Chase. He is my go to guy.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

I’m a so satisfied with this company. My claim was covered in 3 hours. The fastest experience I’ve had with any company. Looking forward to sending many people and family members their way. Appreciate the work.

American First Auto Protect Company Information