4.1/5 (56 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About American Dream Auto Protect

American Dream Auto Protect sells three levels of vehicle service contracts, also called extended auto warranties. These plans are available for both new and used vehicles (most qualifying vehicles were made in 2000 or later). You can also customize your policy so you don’t pay for coverage you don’t need. American Dream Auto Protect’s service department is available 24/7 to answer questions and connect you with its network of ASE-certified mechanics.

Pros

• Covers new and pre-owned vehicles
    • Three plan options
    • Network of over 50,000 mechanics
    • Most contracts are transferable

Cons

• No immediate quotes

Bottom Line

American Dream Auto Protect helps you cover the cost of fixing your car after it breaks down. However, upfront details on coverage and pricing are limited, and you’ll have to wait up to 24 hours for a price quote.

American Dream Auto Protect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Dream Auto Protect?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

American Dream Auto had the coverage I wanted for my 2014 Corvette Stingray. We inquired online and they called me directly then we talked. Their rep was a really nice guy. The plan was a little bit higher than what we wanted. But when push comes to shove, we had to take it. We just needed the car to be covered because it's expensive if it’s not. American Dream Auto was great and informative. They came down a little bit to help us out and even though it wasn't as far as what we wanted, they still did a good job and the rep was very knowledgeable.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Great service and Alex was very helpful. I definitely would recommend this to my family and friends. And has a great payments option for anyone needs. I will talk to my coworkers about this service because it's good.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

John ** was knowledgeable and professional with a great attitude. I recommend him for any extended vehicle insurance. American Dream has a very good insurance offer for higher end vehicles that are expensive to repair. He even gives his direct number.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

This was better than the other five companies that called me. Your salesperson, John, was very helpful. Won my attention and business. You have an asset in him, hope you use it well. I'd recommend him to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

The rep was great and straightforward. He was able to get the price down on the contract for me, so that was helpful. The coverage seemed to have everything that I was looking for. I actually signed up for another one and it ended up costing me slightly or about the same for less coverage. So, American Dream Auto was able to get me almost the same price for more coverage.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

American Dream Auto Protect’s documentation wasn't up to par and it would have been nice to get a pamphlet or something with all your stuff on it. I had to go to their website to find stuff but the agent I spoke to was pleasant.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

John explained everything in detail and worked with me on payment we can get this policy. John also was very kind and worked with us on payments. I definitely would recommend American Dream to family and friends.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

John has been accommodating and professional and has been available on numerous calls. He has always responded quickly and more than once has gone over and above. I recommend American Dream because of John.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

Great customer satisfaction: Never thought buying extended warranty on Auto policy is this easier. Alex is a great salesperson to work with. I would definitely refer him to my friends and family. The best buying experience ever.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

Signing up with American Dream was fine. It was an easy process. They have a fair price, and the person I worked with was competent, which is important.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

American Dream tried to get some money out of my account after I paid them three payments. When they tried to get a full payment out of there, I called them on it. Some guy who picked up said that American Dream had their phone transferred over there and that he didn't know what was going on. I could never get in touch with them anymore after they got my money. So, I told Capital One that they were a scam. They sent American Dream letters but they never responded. So, the credit card company put my money back. I didn't have a good experience with new company from New York either. They were saying that they were American Dream but they just changed their name. So, I had to call my credit card again. They waited 30 days then they put my money back. Right now, I’m just waiting and I may have to go back with Nissan.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

My 2015 Nissan Altima is covered by American Dream Auto. I'm very satisfied with the plans that they offered but for the yearly plans, I wish they broke it down into individual months, instead of having to pay the full three years or five years.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

I had the privilege of working with Alex ** at American Dream Auto-Protect and I can confidently say that it has been an absolute pleasure. He was knowledgeable, helpful, and extremely patient while helping us choose the right warranty package for our car. Her friendly demeanor and willingness to go above and beyond to answer all of our questions made the whole process a breeze. The warranty coverage that we received was comprehensive and definitely worth the cost. We are now stress-free knowing that our car is covered in case of any mechanical breakdowns or other issues down the road. I highly recommend American Dream Auto-Protect for all your auto protection needs!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

When I signed up with them, it was good. They went over everything and were detailed about everything.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

I would like to thank John for signing me up on this policy and for being able to explain the plan details properly. Very respectful sales rep and I look forward to being with this company and signing up my other Vehicles as well. I would definitely recommend this company as they are more about educating the costumer on what they will be purchasing compared to carshield's pushy sales tactics. The process of my purchase was completely straightforward making the whole process easy and hassle free. The customer support was phenomenal.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

American Dream Auto Protect is terrible. They made the policy sound really good and that they would give me a really good bargain. It was a pressure sale. It was like, "If you don't sign up now and you call us back later, we can't guarantee the same price." I found that Ford offered the same type of situation for my car at a much more reasonable rate, and it was interest-free, only 24 months. So I called the next morning to cancel. When I called, the rep who was very nice to me the day before was all upset with me. He said, “How can you cancel? That's not right.” It was a high pressure type thing.

He said he will send my call off to another person and they would call me. That person asked me the reason why I cancelled and I said their warranty was more expensive. The rep said that they would email me a cancellation notice. I printed it out and signed it. I scanned it into my computer and sent it right back to them within an hour. It took me I don't know how many weeks to get my money back. The only reason I got it back was because I put a stop payment. Then, lo and behold, the sales guy who sold me the warranty called me. He said, “Why would you do something like that?” He started cursing at me. It was one of the worst experiences I've had with any kind of company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

The rep was knowledgeable and courteous. He did a great job.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

A Range Rover is expensive as far as the services. I found American Dream Auto Protect and they covered Range Rovers and foreign cars so I started inquiring. It was sketchy in the beginning. I was in a position where I was desperate to get this coverage because nobody would cover a Land Rover and I was trying to have some security. I spoke to one guy the first time and he gave me a price. I made a call back a week later and another guy gave me another price. I was like, “Okay. Well, if you got on on this price, then I can go with it.” They were so eager to do it. But once I paid for it, they were hard to contact.

I wanted to take my truck and get it serviced. It was for a service that was covered under my warranty. I took my truck to the people that I took it to, told them that I had it insured, and gave them my information, and they called American Dream. When I went back to get my truck, they said that they tried for two days but couldn't get in contact with anybody.

I called American Dream for two days straight. I called customer service and they were running me in circles. They couldn't give me any information and they were not allowed to give out information about me. I've been scammed a couple of times so I am sort of wary of people like that. Finally, they called me back and apologized. I took my truck back and they contacted my mechanic. When they were supposed to go with the ordering and put my order through and get the truck done, they didn't answer the phone.

My truck is sitting there again without authorization through them to be serviced. I was fed up with it. I called American Dream and again, I was given a whole bunch of hoopla about why they weren't answering. I said, “I get it, man. If I paid y’all $4,000, man, I just expect some kind of interaction.” They said everything was good.

At the time, it was about to be a ** holiday and the rep said, “I'm gonna tell you now we're not gonna be available for the next two days. So, we'll get in touch with you like Wednesday to try to get this order filled, and for you to get your truck fixed.” But he never got in contact with me so I just canceled the service. I spoke to a guy named Mark and I got a couple of guys’ names that I was speaking with too. They were assuring me that everything was gonna be fine. I really need that service because it'll cut my expenses by almost 100%. But they kept dragging and snatching my chain.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I haven't had to use the claim side. But I liked that American Dream had a preference for OEM shops and parts, as well as we got moderately aggressive on the pricing for it.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

The guy worked with me a lot. I was in an accident recently. I haven't had a car in a long time. So, the guy was flexible in helping me get a down payment for the warranty. I'm just hoping that it will work for me.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

The guy that I had gotten from American Dream was really nice. He was very adamant. He had called me multiple times, but if you're trying to be a good salesman, I would do the same thing. I was trying to find the cheapest deal that I could get because we’re on a fixed income and he was able to get it down pretty low. For the amount and coverage, we didn't wanna go anywhere else. I'm gonna be taking my car in next week. There’s a check in the engine. I did call American Dream, and I spoke to another guy. He was like, “Oh, yeah. You just take it in. You give them your claim policy and they can get ahold of us.”

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

I used American Dream Auto Protect but got a runaround. My air conditioner went out on my car. They told me to take it to a shop. I took it to a shop and they wanted to talk to American Dream because they had never heard of them before. They talked to them and explained that it was a $150 diagnostic fee. They agreed to fix my car for me. They put me back on the line and the guy told me I gotta pay $150. I told him my deductible is only $50. He said, "You gotta pay for the estimate. If we decide we're gonna pay for the repairs, then we'll pay that too." I said, "What do you mean you get to decide what to repair? I've got bumper to bumper warranty on my whole car. There's no you deciding. That's what I bought. That's what you told me I was getting, and now you're telling me that my $50 deductible is crap and I've gotta pay $150 off the bat. If you decide that you don't wanna pay for it, I lose that $150, and I don't get my car fixed."

I've asked for my money back. It's been three weeks, but they haven't made any type of move. I turned it over to my bank, and they're trying to get my money back now. If they don't do it, I'll see my lawyer about it. I'm also gonna file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau unless I get my money back right away. I got their best plan which cost me $2,000, but I'm still driving with a busted air conditioner. Whenever you call in to their membership line and talk to somebody to report a claim, nobody ever answers. You get an answering machine. Every time I've talked to somebody, I've had to go through the purchase department.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

I have my 2013 Subaru covered with American Dream. The cost is really high but the plan stuff they offer is pretty good. The only thing I have issues with is the first time I talked to them, they were very pushy. It ended up me and the first guy getting into it on the phone because he kept pushing and pushing, and I said, "Well, let me think about it because it is a lot of money just for an extended warranty." I also said, "I don't use a bank or anything, I'm all cash. I don't believe in banks." He said, "Well, then how about you go get a prepaid card and pay it?" I was like, "Well, let me have a couple of days to think about it." He said, "Well, if you don't do it today, then the price is gonna go up."

Then I said, "I'm gonna have to get a prepaid card to pay it when I wanted if I decide to get it." He said, "I don't believe it. Everybody has a card." I said, "I don't believe in banks, I don't believe in credit cards." He just kept going and going. Finally, he was like, "You don't need to lie to me. If you don't want to, just tell me." I was like, "Dude, you're barking at the wrong tree. Don't come at me like that." He was like, "Well, then I just don't think you want it." He bothered me for a month straight. He was very persistent and very rude.

When I first went to do it, it was like $1,800. It was $900 upfront and $900 in payments. Then, when they called me back a month later, it was $3,600 and payments of 700 something dollars a month. I said, "That's kinda awfully high, steep." He was like, "Yeah, but nobody can give you a good discount like this." I said, "Am I gonna get a receipt? Am I gonna get paperwork showing my claim or my warranty, everything like that?" I haven't received anything. I've called them five times trying to get the paperwork, and nobody answers their phone. I have a policy number, but I don't have any paperwork. I have no information on this. They're very persistent to take the money, but for them to get you the paperwork and stuff that you need to carry, I haven't received it yet. That's kind of bothersome.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

When I signed up with American Dream, the experience was nice. I got helped by two salesmen but Henry was the one that helped me the most. He tried to get a couple of sales off but he ended up convincing me with a good deal and he helped me understand my life situation. The customer service is definitely top-tier. Everything is going well and if I have to use American Dream’s service, hopefully, I get things covered.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

The rep was attentive and persistent but not in a harassing way, which was nice. He was a good salesman. He was being aggressive in the sense of wanting me to buy yet not being pushy to the point of me getting frustrated. But since I got the subscription with American Dream, I've tried to contact them and I've only gotten voicemails, which is scary to me. I haven't been able to reach anybody except for somebody in the sales office, which is making me a little frustrated. I've spoken to the people in the sales team and I told them that was the number that I was given. I only tried it one day but I tried four times in that day and I was able to get through the sales department. I didn't have to file a claim. I just wanted to call and check in. I'm gonna make a stop payment because that concerns me now. They already took out $400 and then they're gonna take out another $400.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

According to them, they cover everything and if ever there's anything wrong, I just take my vehicle to the dealership and they will make the repairs. Then, American Dream will send the check. A month ago, I had a puncture in my wall tire and the rep said, "Hey, we cover up to $60. Go ahead and we will reimburse you." But I wound up paying out of pocket. I'm in the process of canceling my policy with them but it's been a headache.

Within 30 days, I could cancel if I want to so I called the rep and the phone wasn't even ringing. I called another number that was associated with them and they said, "Hello, would you like to apply for a quote?". I said no and they said I needed to call back during business hours. It was 3:00 in the afternoon which should be within business hours. I called at 1:00 yesterday and they told me the same thing. Ultimately, I called and got to a guy and I said, "Hey, man, I just want to cancel." He said, "Hey, man, why do you want to cancel?" I didn't want to sound mean so I just said that I got coverage somewhere else.

Also, when I first applied for coverage, they charged me twice. That should have been the first red flag. They refunded one charge but with the second one, I just said, "Hey, man, just give me my money back." But the reps said, "Okay, we're gonna send you the form. Fill it out and send it through email." I sent it and emailed the guy who signed me up but I got no response. I'm reporting this as fraud. Their services are flaky and they use an off-site call center during business hours. I have no real person to get in contact with if I have any questions. Thank God I never had to use the warranty for any repairs 'cause I wouldn't even know how that process would work. I wouldn't recommend this company. I came across something called the Better Business Bureau and it wasn't accredited.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

Setting up the program with American Dream was very easy. Their rep was very well educated, very clearly articulated the warranty and how the program would work. I have a pretty good warranty and I would recommend others reaching out.

Resolution response: Jan. 12, 2023

They are very responsive to any issues brought up.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I'm not happy with American Dream Auto Protect because of their customer service and their policy. My daughter told me that there was an ABS light that was coming on. So I said, “Okay. Let me go see.” But it wasn't there. So, it was something that was coming on and off. And when I took it on the highway, I noticed that the car vibrates when we exceed 70 miles. So I took it to the VW dealer, and unfortunately not the dealer that I purchased it from because they didn't have any appointments right there and then.

They said, “Okay. Alignments and all that stuff.” I said, “Fine.” And the guys asked me if I had an extended warranty. I told him and what I have and he said, “No. It’s just in case.” So when he told me that the ABS module was bad, I said, “Okay. All right.” I was just thinking a couple of hundred bucks. I wasn't even thinking about going to the warranty. He said, “It's gonna be about four grand,” Wow! So he called American Dream, and he dealt with them. He said, “Not to worry. We normally take care of this.” He called me and said, “Where did you find these people? Did they call you or you called them?” I said, “Why did you ask? Why does it matter?” He said because he dealt with a lot of warranty companies before, and American Dream does not look like anything he's accustomed to. They were hesitant.

I started getting scared that I was scammed. They asked him to send this and that. And there was a lot of back and forth. I had to get both parties on the line. I said, “My dealer is saying is that he sent you some stuff that you asked him for. And you keep on saying somebody will get in touch. And when somebody gets in touch, they want something else. I really need the car fixed.” They told me, “This is what it is.” It's what they need. He sent it to them. Afterwards, I got this email. But I got a call from him telling me, “This is exactly what I suspected. They’re not going to fix the car." I asked him, “What do you mean they’re not going to fix the car? Based off of what?” He said, “You need to give them a call.” So, I had to hear it from the dealer, not from American Dream.

I called them and they said, “It seems like the ABS module was probably bad from when you bought the car.” I asked how he deduced that. He said they deal with a lot of those. And he told me something about the average time it takes for the module to go bad, which means it had to be bad. I said, “I'm not understanding. I bought the car from a dealer. Why would I do that?” Because I thought he was thinking that I knew it was bad.

My thing with them is that they give you a waiting period for you to file any claims. I was beyond the 30-day waiting period. I explained to him, “It’s the way you went about it. Okay, yes. You're telling me this. If you have a waiting period, then don't have a waiting period if you're just gonna tell me then, ‘Well, we think this is what was up.’” So when I asked back for my money, he said, “We can’t you give all your money back. It’s prorated.” “Whatever. I'm not gonna argue with you.”

I had to cancel the service to get the money back. He said, “I'm gonna send you something. You need to fill it out and send it back to me. I'll take care of it right away.” I waited almost two weeks. Didn't hear anything. I kept on checking my American Express to see if the money went back on there. Nothing. I had to send him another email asking him about the status of it. And he even asked me to stay with them. He said, “We'll give you this.” Because he wanted to extend the warranty for me to stay. He felt bad. I said, “No. You're not fixing the car.” What good is a warranty if you're suggesting, “You paid me almost $3,000, but I'm not gonna hold myself to the warranty that you purchased.”

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I liked American Dream Auto Protect's price. Also, their plans are good. I'm going to recommend them to my friends.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

American Dream's representative was pretty good. He gave me their standard price and I was like, “Oh, let me think about it.” He said, “Well, what if I lowered it at this price?” He took some money off and then he gave me the option of making payments as well instead of paying all of them at once. That was nice because some of the other extended warranties don't give you that option.

American Dream Auto Protect Company Information