2. Miscellaneous

3.8/5 (554 ratings)

About 7-Eleven

7-Eleven Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 7-Eleven?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 7-Eleven?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

The local Cottonwood Heights Utah 7-11 sells out of date food. I bought bread and milk that was 3 days and 6 days out of date, respectively. We should not have to check expiration dates of food sold in stores. I only found out at home after tasting. The bread was stale and the milk was completely sour. Disgusting. Even out of date pasteurized milk should not have soured so quickly. It makes me wonder how they are storing their products. This is the second time this has happened in 16 months and I rarely buy anything there, only when I’m out of food at my house. (One 7-11 employee once actually chided me for buying food there instead of the local Smith’s because 7-11 was so overpriced.) The first time it happened, I considered it a fluke. Apparently it is their way of doing business. Meadow Gold Dairy and Dunford Bakers should be upset that this 7-11 is giving their products a bad name.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I shop at several 7-11 Stores on a regular basis. The 7-11 that's closest to my home and most convenient continuously charges more than the price that they advertise in the store. I point out the price discrepancy to the cashier but they refuse to adjust the items to the price advertised. I went there today. Saw a sign above and in front of the hot dogs and sausages that said 2 for $3.00 with said items pictured on the advertisement. I then got two hot dogs, A super big gulp, 4 packs of $0.35 gum, and at the register where Snickers candy bars that said 2 for $3.33. The cashier rang up my items the total came to approximately $12.00. I noticed that each hot fog rang up $1.99 and each Snicker bar rang up $1.99.

I showed the cashier the signs while I explained the price discrepancy. She stared at me and tried to tell me that I was being charged correctly even tho the amount she ran and the advertised prices were different. After arguing without any success I removed a candy bar -$1.99 and one 35¢ pack of gum which she made out to be extremely difficult having to ring everything up all over again. This time my it ran up to $9.64 for two hot dogs, a super big gulp, one Snickers bar and 3 packs of Wrigley's 35¢ gum. I paid and asked for a receipt which I plan to use along with a picture evidence of their false advertising to pursue legal action. I'll be contacting FTC and our state attorney general so that action can be taken.

If this were a one time incident I wouldn't be so quick to pursue legal action. This repeatedly happens at their location and the cashier almost always refuse to correct the prices. I can say that on ONE, yes only one occasion did a cashier correct the prices to match the advertising when I pointed out an issue. I can tell you of a handful of instances where I had to pay more than advertised or put items back due to their refusal to fix their errors. I shouldn't have to drive out of my way to another location in order to purchase items for the correct price. Maybe over $40,000 in fines will help them learn to adjust their prices to match what they advertise.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

About 15 minutes ago, on my walk to the library I stopped at the local Seven Eleven store on the corner of Eshelman Avenue and Lomita Blvd in Lomita, CA 90717. The first aisle of the store was blocked off. When I went to go down the second aisle I needed to squeeze past four or five men then proceeded to the soda bar where it was disorganized and wet, I turned to ask the cashier where the right top for my small gulp soda was and (he) said the top shelf which I had previous tried thinking maybe someone mistakenly placed there wrong lid in the wrong shelf and of course when I dug again I found the lids were to my Gulp cup. As I approached the countered he or she with a beard referred to me as Dorothy. I replied sure thing Alice then corrected myself and told the person maybe be they were the hookah smoking caterpillar. Needless to say the person stayed quite as I paid then left the store.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Several times I have had issues with a place I've shopped at for 33 years. the workers are great especially if the people that finally started cleaning the place actually got the credit they deserve. These Managers do not care what you have to say in defense. They just want to chase away their most loyal customers. I am creating a social media and online campaign to fight this lame attack on the freedom to stop and talk to an old friend for 5-10 minutes after being a customer TWICE in a few hours.

These kids are greedy, have no qualifications nor the ability to lead and run a business where loyal return customers are most important because it drives down customer acquisition cost when you don't have to help replacing multiple daily customers over someone that obviously did not know what happened and if you thought you weren't kicking out a patron that did nothing wrong you need some leadership and business skills training to help you best treat PAYING/OVERpaying customers.

This is a pathetic location on Wilkens Avenue Baltimore MD 21229 across from the hospital campus... BOYCOTT AND ENJOY BETTER FOOD AND DEALS ALONG WITH FREE ATMS AND GREAT SELECTION. There's no reason to use 711 on Wilkens when RoFo has built up great stores all around this horrible location and 711. After you get your products from 711 you have 5 minutes to get more than 100 feet away from the store because they love to cite old signs instead of just being normal, caring, business in the community. These gangsters are just thugs overcharging you for everything. Heed my words. FIND A BETTER OPTION, WAWA. ROFO, ETC.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I had 25k points accumulated. Then life happened - a family medical emergency, and I was forced to leave town to tend to a parent who had a stroke. I was gone for 12 weeks. They live rurally and no 7-11's are anywhere close. I returned finally after 12 weeks only to find my 25k points were stolen from me by corporate and their "no use after 90 days you lose your points" and I was at 0 rewards. I complained numerous times and explained to them the situation and conditions, and each time they "escalated" my complaint only to do nothing and say "sorry - we cannot return your earned rewards points to you - sucks to be you sucker" attitude.

Those 25k points amount to around $2500.00 in $$ spent at their stores over the period of a year and a half. A store is right next to my work - what else can I do? Well -- stop going to that store is the first thing I am doing. Let the local Wawa or other Dash's Market get my daily beverage and sandwich business. I am appalled at 7-Eleven corporate and how rigid they are over a dollar at the cost of their loyal customers. I hope their corporation goes down from lost revenue and business to where they go out of business.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I went in to turn a winning scratch ticket and choose another. When asked how many I said one and because I didn't buy another ticket he very rudely dropped the ticket on the counter instead of handing it to me. When mentioned that that was kind of rude he just started laughing. Won't visit the 7-Eleven in Portland Oregon that's on corner of 4th and Taylor..

Original review: July 19, 2019

I wanted to get 3 vitamin waters 20 oz. bottles. App had a special for $3.33 if you buy 3. Normal price is $2.49 each. The register would not add the discount after scanning my rewards. They said it may not apply to my location. So I showed them and the manager on duty that their location is listed as a location that is participating in the offer. I did not get my discount even after proving that this location is listed on the participating site. I plan on contacting the D.A. for Santa Clara County for false advertising and California Pricing Law Violation.

Original review: July 18, 2019

There’s nothing like 7-Eleven especially the one on Palm Avenue and Pembroke Pines. I never see any employee have so much energy like Agnes and Bobby even they’re working overnight, not even one time you see them chilled around the store. They’re always on the move. Even for a little thing I always like to go to the store just to experience how nice and respectful they’re toward the customer, always ready to assist you looking for whatever you need. This I...I believe Agnes and Bobby bring more customers to the store just by providing great service. Thank you????

Original review: July 1, 2019

I emailed to say my points vanished even after trying to use them prior to this and it saying I had well over 3600 points. When I tried to use them on 3 slurpees the lady at the checkout had said it didn't work. The system had glitched so instead I was in a hurry and just quickly paid. I then later went to grab slurpees and use my points to see I only had 36. Seriously!?! I literally shopped almost daily for a year! A YEAR to get my points and they're just gone. I get it, it's only $10 or whatever in money comparison but why have a rewards system if you're not going to honour them.

When I emailed they said there was nothing to do and they are sorry. Great customer service (NOT!). She then decided to lie and say the last activity on my account is December 2018 but my points expired in March 2018. I'm appalled at the customer service and the discrepancy in points. I will second guess wasting my time with points at 7-Eleven. It's nothing but a scam. Read the fine print people. If you don't shop or plan to shop at 7-Eleven they will swallow your points and spit in your face.

Original review: June 28, 2019

On 6/8/2019 I used a 7-11 car wash in Sarasota FL. on my 2 week old Jeep Grand Cherokee. The car wash scratched my brand new vehicle that since has been estimated damage $2400. I had immediately reported the damage to the store manager who reported it to the insurance company they use. I was informed yesterday by the insurance company that my claim has been denied due to user error. I have used the same car was for the last 6 years without incident. I just want you to know what happened here.

Needless to say I’ll never enter a 7-11 establishment again and I will make sure everyone I know, knows about this incident so they can avoid 7-11 as well. What’s really good about social media and company websites is that you can get the message out to many people with not much effort. I understand why you carry insurance but I believe that 7-11 and only 7-11 is responsible for damaging my new car. I know this will fall on deaf ears since I’m just 1 person that can afford to hire a lawyer to fight for what’s right. Shame on 7-11. Jeffrey **

7-Eleven Company Information