3.9/5 (630 ratings)

About 7-Eleven

7-Eleven Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 7-Eleven?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 7-Eleven?

Original review: June 25, 2021

I went to buy a cheeseburger and 2 taquitos plus some Veggie Straws because the subtotal was $5.87 and they charged me more than 8% tax that is charged in the city of Philadelphia because the total had to be $6.34 and they charged me $8.11.

Original review: April 29, 2021

There is always many, many people outside inside the store. You have to say excuse me to get in then once inside you have to keep moving to keep 6 feet between you and the person behind you. On April 7, 2021 I went to 711 on Cadillacs Street in Detroit MI. Many people outside store. Many people inside store. While standing in line seems like 30 more people are outside the store. I come out security just watching doing nothing and 3 fights start up now. If the police was called before this wouldn't have happen to me. I take off ccx running to get away from the 3 fights. I fall bruise all up and here come 9 police cars. Really then 711 security locks the door. It was a hot mess. It always is don't go to this store. Anything can happen inside or outside. Believe it!!!

Original review: March 16, 2021

I went to 7 eleven in South Denver off of 1-25 and Hampden a few blocks west. I am 48 years old and my husband is 50. I wanted to purchase a lighter and the man who is Muslim asked for my ID. I just watched a much younger looking man in front of me buy a lighter without being carded. If I appear younger than 30 I’m supposed to be carded. I’m sure I look over 30. I got upset and went to my car. My husband said, "I’ll go in and see if he cards me". Sure enough he didn’t card my husband either. I know women aren’t allowed to smoke in the Middle East, but this is the United States. You need to leave those views behind and treat everyone equally man or woman.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

On February 5, 2021 I purchased a reloadable gift card from 7/11 along with a money order. I got home and tried to register the card and was greeted with offers to purchase life insurance and car insurance. I was wondering if anyone else ever experienced this problem before.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

I have been trying to get back money that went missing from my 7-eleven wallet since 10/4/2020. They ask for the same info about the problem over and over then close my case without correction. I'm still trying to get this resolved. I have sent several emails and called several times. I am hoping that this review will get them working on the problem. They were able to tell me exactly what I put into it so returning my balance should not be a problem but they have not done it yet. I will continue to review this and hope to be able to say soon that it's resolved. This use to be one of my favorite stores.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

The 7-Eleven on 2nd/Wells in Reno Nevada allows groups of homeless to loiter in front of the store constantly. It's so easy to shoplift at this location. It attracts an unsavory element. The operators of this location are responsible for making the surrounding neighborhood a more dangerous place for the customers who live/work in the area. It's a breeding ground for covid-19.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I registered after getting a new phone number with 7/11. I couldn’t remember my password so I log in with Facebook. It was a new account. I realize after and wanted the first account I always had so it gave me the option to combine, emailed me a verification code then denied my email account after I verified. I feel like my points were stolen. I signed out and attempted to sign in my original email account only to be denied that my very first account with 7/11 never existed. I don’t understand because I earned enough points and I am a loyal customer so the disloyalty feels wrong and I feel robbed.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I opted to take advantage of the digital wallet when using the 7-11 app. I've attempted to use it three times to no avail. Each time I have done so, the male employees working weekend mornings at the store at 1550 Glendale Road in Echo Park, Los Angeles have had the audacity to tell me that it's my fault the wallet doesn't work when they are the ones operating the register. I'll be filing disputes with my bank to get my money back. These employees don't do anything to resolve the issue or consult management to fix the issue. Until now, I was a daily customer, but I assure you I will never purchase anything from any 7-11 ever again.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

This is one of my favorite stores. I like the rewards program and the app usually works very well. I started using wallet on the app no problems until I got a new phone. My previously combined accounts separated and a lot of points were missing. Customer service recombined the accounts, restored my missing points, but the money I had in wallet is still missing. I tried to screenshot wallet in the app but it's not allowed but my receipt shows the Wallet balance that's missing.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Walked in store and got in line behind someone else who was already waiting. 1 cashiers was playing lotto numbers and 2 others when staking shelves. They have a sign up that says anything over 3 numbers has to be written down. He was clearly playing more than 3 numbers. Him or none of the other employees had on name tags. After about a 5 minute wait one of the other employees decided to go over and check us out. The first cashier is now doing scratch off tickets for same customer. I walked over to recheck lotto sign to verify the store policy and after seeing that yes it does say 3 numbers only I asked for Mr and was told she was in the back. I left and went to gas station to make my purchase. I've also had to notify employees on more than 1 occasion about roaches by microwave/trashcan area.

Original review: May 3, 2020

Hi, I am writing this review because I Am completely disgusted! I purchased a cheese pizza of 7-11's “fresh” made in house brand this past Thursday night. When I got off work around like 1 AM or so and went home, put in the fridge then the following night Friday, I took it out to make it and it had mold growing on it! Then, I went to search the wrapping for any sort of best by date but there was absolutely nothing!! Now I’ve worked in restaurants my whole life and I do know prepared food needs a date on it especially when it is being sold. I didn’t have the pizza more than a little over 24 hours.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I freaken hate the 7NOW app. I have used it about 10 times and 1 out of 3 times they say they can't find the address so they just cancel the order without calling you or texting you on how to find it. They just straight cancel it then you have to 3+ days for a refund. So you're better off driving or walking to 7-Eleven your damn self. Well today was the last time I will order via this dumb app. I actually watched the driver stop to nap or chill for a good 15 minutes and put in the order notes. He could not find the apartment when I don't reside in an apartment. It is a duplex so it could either be one or the other side but he didnt even get out of the car so I go outside to look at him and he appeared to be asleep.

Then I call customer service and they try and find out where he is and he drives off and tells them he can't make the delivery. Why coz he's sleepy. Guys save your money cuz this is ** service guaranteed. And lastly I just received a alert saying my order was delivered yet was not delivered to me smh. I hate this company more and more each time.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Though I tend to prefer Wawa over the big 7, at least the rewards app on my Android phone works. As long as their system is up and running. Got myself a BIG Gulp filled with Pepsi, had the clerk scan the barcode on my phone, because I lost the physical card when I lost my wallet in December of 2019, and it works. Bravo, 7-Eleven!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Ashin at the 7-11 at West Main Street Denville NJ is always friendly, professional and helpful. Always working when I go there but stops what he is doing to help me or other customers. I give him five stars. I will go out of my way to go to that 7-11 because of him. We talk in a friendly way. Ashin is married and has two adult children. Ashin recently celebrated his 60th Birthday.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

It asks for your personal information, like driver license, credit card, mobile, birthday, etc. and when you try to lock in a fuel price, it shows error "tango" which sounds weird. I don't think any other app, platform like this asking for driver license before. Be careful, all your confidential information and later it shows you an error. Only know some of scam do things like this, they are trying ask for your personal information, but do not do what they said they will do. The customer service person who mentioned that the driver license is used for verification and you can remove bank card if you like. Sounds like they do NOT really care of the consumer use this app or not, they only want to get rid of you. They do not really know how long it going to take to resolve this issue. Take consideration when using this app and especially when they ask for your personal information.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I have watched A-Plus slowly, I mean SLOWLY, change to 7-Eleven. Ever since 7-Eleven has taken over that store it has gone downhill. The prices are getting horrible, the place is very unorganized and the treatment of customers by the store itself, not the employees, but the higher ups, is insane. I was excited when I first heard 7-Eleven was moving into the neighborhood. Now I am so disappointed I would rather go miles out of my way than go to their business. AND another major problem is there is no safety there. Depending on you area, If someone gets attacked in the parking lot no one says or does anything. There could be a major storm outside and, because of store policies, someone walking would have to walk out of their way to go to another store during the storm and some of these people have major health issues. These are things I have seen first hand since I live so close. Sad.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Case **. 21 Lincoln hwy. Edison, NJ 08820. On October 5, 2019 at approximately 10 AM I inserted 60 dollars in a lottery machine but only received one $30 ticket. The clerk (**) behind the register opened the machine and then said he couldn't help me and that I needed to come back tomorrow. I called the 7-11 customer support line and opened the above case number. This issue is now over one month old and no one has contacted me to resolve this issue.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

The local Cottonwood Heights Utah 7-11 sells out of date food. I bought bread and milk that was 3 days and 6 days out of date, respectively. We should not have to check expiration dates of food sold in stores. I only found out at home after tasting. The bread was stale and the milk was completely sour. Disgusting. Even out of date pasteurized milk should not have soured so quickly. It makes me wonder how they are storing their products. This is the second time this has happened in 16 months and I rarely buy anything there, only when I’m out of food at my house. (One 7-11 employee once actually chided me for buying food there instead of the local Smith’s because 7-11 was so overpriced.) The first time it happened, I considered it a fluke. Apparently it is their way of doing business. Meadow Gold Dairy and Dunford Bakers should be upset that this 7-11 is giving their products a bad name.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I shop at several 7-11 Stores on a regular basis. The 7-11 that's closest to my home and most convenient continuously charges more than the price that they advertise in the store. I point out the price discrepancy to the cashier but they refuse to adjust the items to the price advertised. I went there today. Saw a sign above and in front of the hot dogs and sausages that said 2 for $3.00 with said items pictured on the advertisement. I then got two hot dogs, A super big gulp, 4 packs of $0.35 gum, and at the register where Snickers candy bars that said 2 for $3.33. The cashier rang up my items the total came to approximately $12.00. I noticed that each hot fog rang up $1.99 and each Snicker bar rang up $1.99.

I showed the cashier the signs while I explained the price discrepancy. She stared at me and tried to tell me that I was being charged correctly even tho the amount she ran and the advertised prices were different. After arguing without any success I removed a candy bar -$1.99 and one 35¢ pack of gum which she made out to be extremely difficult having to ring everything up all over again. This time my it ran up to $9.64 for two hot dogs, a super big gulp, one Snickers bar and 3 packs of Wrigley's 35¢ gum. I paid and asked for a receipt which I plan to use along with a picture evidence of their false advertising to pursue legal action. I'll be contacting FTC and our state attorney general so that action can be taken.

If this were a one time incident I wouldn't be so quick to pursue legal action. This repeatedly happens at their location and the cashier almost always refuse to correct the prices. I can say that on ONE, yes only one occasion did a cashier correct the prices to match the advertising when I pointed out an issue. I can tell you of a handful of instances where I had to pay more than advertised or put items back due to their refusal to fix their errors. I shouldn't have to drive out of my way to another location in order to purchase items for the correct price. Maybe over $40,000 in fines will help them learn to adjust their prices to match what they advertise.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

About 15 minutes ago, on my walk to the library I stopped at the local Seven Eleven store on the corner of Eshelman Avenue and Lomita Blvd in Lomita, CA 90717. The first aisle of the store was blocked off. When I went to go down the second aisle I needed to squeeze past four or five men then proceeded to the soda bar where it was disorganized and wet, I turned to ask the cashier where the right top for my small gulp soda was and (he) said the top shelf which I had previous tried thinking maybe someone mistakenly placed there wrong lid in the wrong shelf and of course when I dug again I found the lids were to my Gulp cup. As I approached the countered he or she with a beard referred to me as Dorothy. I replied sure thing Alice then corrected myself and told the person maybe be they were the hookah smoking caterpillar. Needless to say the person stayed quite as I paid then left the store.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Several times I have had issues with a place I've shopped at for 33 years. the workers are great especially if the people that finally started cleaning the place actually got the credit they deserve. These Managers do not care what you have to say in defense. They just want to chase away their most loyal customers. I am creating a social media and online campaign to fight this lame attack on the freedom to stop and talk to an old friend for 5-10 minutes after being a customer TWICE in a few hours.

These kids are greedy, have no qualifications nor the ability to lead and run a business where loyal return customers are most important because it drives down customer acquisition cost when you don't have to help replacing multiple daily customers over someone that obviously did not know what happened and if you thought you weren't kicking out a patron that did nothing wrong you need some leadership and business skills training to help you best treat PAYING/OVERpaying customers.

This is a pathetic location on Wilkens Avenue Baltimore MD 21229 across from the hospital campus... BOYCOTT AND ENJOY BETTER FOOD AND DEALS ALONG WITH FREE ATMS AND GREAT SELECTION. There's no reason to use 711 on Wilkens when RoFo has built up great stores all around this horrible location and 711. After you get your products from 711 you have 5 minutes to get more than 100 feet away from the store because they love to cite old signs instead of just being normal, caring, business in the community. These gangsters are just thugs overcharging you for everything. Heed my words. FIND A BETTER OPTION, WAWA. ROFO, ETC.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I had 25k points accumulated. Then life happened - a family medical emergency, and I was forced to leave town to tend to a parent who had a stroke. I was gone for 12 weeks. They live rurally and no 7-11's are anywhere close. I returned finally after 12 weeks only to find my 25k points were stolen from me by corporate and their "no use after 90 days you lose your points" and I was at 0 rewards. I complained numerous times and explained to them the situation and conditions, and each time they "escalated" my complaint only to do nothing and say "sorry - we cannot return your earned rewards points to you - sucks to be you sucker" attitude.

Those 25k points amount to around $2500.00 in $$ spent at their stores over the period of a year and a half. A store is right next to my work - what else can I do? Well -- stop going to that store is the first thing I am doing. Let the local Wawa or other Dash's Market get my daily beverage and sandwich business. I am appalled at 7-Eleven corporate and how rigid they are over a dollar at the cost of their loyal customers. I hope their corporation goes down from lost revenue and business to where they go out of business.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I went in to turn a winning scratch ticket and choose another. When asked how many I said one and because I didn't buy another ticket he very rudely dropped the ticket on the counter instead of handing it to me. When mentioned that that was kind of rude he just started laughing. Won't visit the 7-Eleven in Portland Oregon that's on corner of 4th and Taylor..

Original review: July 19, 2019

I wanted to get 3 vitamin waters 20 oz. bottles. App had a special for $3.33 if you buy 3. Normal price is $2.49 each. The register would not add the discount after scanning my rewards. They said it may not apply to my location. So I showed them and the manager on duty that their location is listed as a location that is participating in the offer. I did not get my discount even after proving that this location is listed on the participating site. I plan on contacting the D.A. for Santa Clara County for false advertising and California Pricing Law Violation.

Original review: July 18, 2019

There’s nothing like 7-Eleven especially the one on Palm Avenue and Pembroke Pines. I never see any employee have so much energy like Agnes and Bobby even they’re working overnight, not even one time you see them chilled around the store. They’re always on the move. Even for a little thing I always like to go to the store just to experience how nice and respectful they’re toward the customer, always ready to assist you looking for whatever you need. This I...I believe Agnes and Bobby bring more customers to the store just by providing great service. Thank you????

Original review: July 1, 2019

I emailed to say my points vanished even after trying to use them prior to this and it saying I had well over 3600 points. When I tried to use them on 3 slurpees the lady at the checkout had said it didn't work. The system had glitched so instead I was in a hurry and just quickly paid. I then later went to grab slurpees and use my points to see I only had 36. Seriously!?! I literally shopped almost daily for a year! A YEAR to get my points and they're just gone. I get it, it's only $10 or whatever in money comparison but why have a rewards system if you're not going to honour them.

When I emailed they said there was nothing to do and they are sorry. Great customer service (NOT!). She then decided to lie and say the last activity on my account is December 2018 but my points expired in March 2018. I'm appalled at the customer service and the discrepancy in points. I will second guess wasting my time with points at 7-Eleven. It's nothing but a scam. Read the fine print people. If you don't shop or plan to shop at 7-Eleven they will swallow your points and spit in your face.

Original review: June 28, 2019

On 6/8/2019 I used a 7-11 car wash in Sarasota FL. on my 2 week old Jeep Grand Cherokee. The car wash scratched my brand new vehicle that since has been estimated damage $2400. I had immediately reported the damage to the store manager who reported it to the insurance company they use. I was informed yesterday by the insurance company that my claim has been denied due to user error. I have used the same car was for the last 6 years without incident. I just want you to know what happened here.

Needless to say I’ll never enter a 7-11 establishment again and I will make sure everyone I know, knows about this incident so they can avoid 7-11 as well. What’s really good about social media and company websites is that you can get the message out to many people with not much effort. I understand why you carry insurance but I believe that 7-11 and only 7-11 is responsible for damaging my new car. I know this will fall on deaf ears since I’m just 1 person that can afford to hire a lawyer to fight for what’s right. Shame on 7-11. Jeffrey **

Original review: June 23, 2019

I went to 7-11 to get gas for my car. I paid at the pump and my card kept getting declined and I could not understand why. There was over 3k available on the card. This was because 7-11 charges your card $100 then what you don't use they refund back to your card. This is the wrong way to do business because for one this looks like a skimming device got my card and so my card company shuts off my card. Then why would they charge $100? Every other fuel station in the U.S. charges $1 to make sure the card works then after fueling they charge the correct amount. This was set up by the United States so if you only have $1 on your credit card you can at least get fuel to get back home instead of being stranded. Very logical thinking. I usually spend about $250 a week between gas, cigarettes, food, and junk food at these fuel stations. Now I will never ever again fuel at these fuel stations because I cannot trust their business practices.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I have contacted 7-Eleven 4 times about my points. They are scammers. I have over 2500 points I can not redeem because they have my phone number wrong. They won't change or update it. They will not listen. Each time they over talk you and you can't get your point across. Each time I called. The reps barely speak English and you can't hardly understand what they saying. This is anon going issue. I need it to be addressed.

Original review: June 18, 2019

They don't honor the rewards. I have been trying to get my points for over 2 1/2 months and when I call in they either say, "We will call you back" which they don't or they hang up on you. I spent an hour and a half on the phone today calling back to back because I kept getting hang up on. The customer service reps are ** and disrespectful, and they promise to fix it and dont. This is a ** app and company. I just want my 250 point per order which I have 8 may I add. If I could no stars I would.

7-Eleven Company Information