2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5

7-Eleven Reviews

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Ashin at the 7-11 at West Main Street Denville NJ is always friendly, professional and helpful. Always working when I go there but stops what he is doing to help me or other customers. I give him five stars. I will go out of my way to go to that 7-11 because of him. We talk in a friendly way. Ashin is married and has two adult children. Ashin recently celebrated his 60th Birthday.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

It asks for your personal information, like driver license, credit card, mobile, birthday, etc. and when you try to lock in a fuel price, it shows error "tango" which sounds weird. I don't think any other app, platform like this asking for driver license before. Be careful, all your confidential information and later it shows you an error. Only know some of scam do things like this, they are trying ask for your personal information, but do not do what they said they will do. The customer service person who mentioned that the driver license is used for verification and you can remove bank card if you like. Sounds like they do NOT really care of the consumer use this app or not, they only want to get rid of you. They do not really know how long it going to take to resolve this issue. Take consideration when using this app and especially when they ask for your personal information.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I have watched A-Plus slowly, I mean SLOWLY, change to 7-Eleven. Ever since 7-Eleven has taken over that store it has gone downhill. The prices are getting horrible, the place is very unorganized and the treatment of customers by the store itself, not the employees, but the higher ups, is insane. I was excited when I first heard 7-Eleven was moving into the neighborhood. Now I am so disappointed I would rather go miles out of my way than go to their business. AND another major problem is there is no safety there. Depending on you area, If someone gets attacked in the parking lot no one says or does anything. There could be a major storm outside and, because of store policies, someone walking would have to walk out of their way to go to another store during the storm and some of these people have major health issues. These are things I have seen first hand since I live so close. Sad.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Case **. 21 Lincoln hwy. Edison, NJ 08820. On October 5, 2019 at approximately 10 AM I inserted 60 dollars in a lottery machine but only received one $30 ticket. The clerk (**) behind the register opened the machine and then said he couldn't help me and that I needed to come back tomorrow. I called the 7-11 customer support line and opened the above case number. This issue is now over one month old and no one has contacted me to resolve this issue.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

The local Cottonwood Heights Utah 7-11 sells out of date food. I bought bread and milk that was 3 days and 6 days out of date, respectively. We should not have to check expiration dates of food sold in stores. I only found out at home after tasting. The bread was stale and the milk was completely sour. Disgusting. Even out of date pasteurized milk should not have soured so quickly. It makes me wonder how they are storing their products. This is the second time this has happened in 16 months and I rarely buy anything there, only when I’m out of food at my house. (One 7-11 employee once actually chided me for buying food there instead of the local Smith’s because 7-11 was so overpriced.) The first time it happened, I considered it a fluke. Apparently it is their way of doing business. Meadow Gold Dairy and Dunford Bakers should be upset that this 7-11 is giving their products a bad name.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 7-Eleven?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I shop at several 7-11 Stores on a regular basis. The 7-11 that's closest to my home and most convenient continuously charges more than the price that they advertise in the store. I point out the price discrepancy to the cashier but they refuse to adjust the items to the price advertised. I went there today. Saw a sign above and in front of the hot dogs and sausages that said 2 for $3.00 with said items pictured on the advertisement. I then got two hot dogs, A super big gulp, 4 packs of $0.35 gum, and at the register where Snickers candy bars that said 2 for $3.33. The cashier rang up my items the total came to approximately $12.00. I noticed that each hot fog rang up $1.99 and each Snicker bar rang up $1.99.

I showed the cashier the signs while I explained the price discrepancy. She stared at me and tried to tell me that I was being charged correctly even tho the amount she ran and the advertised prices were different. After arguing without any success I removed a candy bar -$1.99 and one 35¢ pack of gum which she made out to be extremely difficult having to ring everything up all over again. This time my it ran up to $9.64 for two hot dogs, a super big gulp, one Snickers bar and 3 packs of Wrigley's 35¢ gum. I paid and asked for a receipt which I plan to use along with a picture evidence of their false advertising to pursue legal action. I'll be contacting FTC and our state attorney general so that action can be taken.

If this were a one time incident I wouldn't be so quick to pursue legal action. This repeatedly happens at their location and the cashier almost always refuse to correct the prices. I can say that on ONE, yes only one occasion did a cashier correct the prices to match the advertising when I pointed out an issue. I can tell you of a handful of instances where I had to pay more than advertised or put items back due to their refusal to fix their errors. I shouldn't have to drive out of my way to another location in order to purchase items for the correct price. Maybe over $40,000 in fines will help them learn to adjust their prices to match what they advertise.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

About 15 minutes ago, on my walk to the library I stopped at the local Seven Eleven store on the corner of Eshelman Avenue and Lomita Blvd in Lomita, CA 90717. The first aisle of the store was blocked off. When I went to go down the second aisle I needed to squeeze past four or five men then proceeded to the soda bar where it was disorganized and wet, I turned to ask the cashier where the right top for my small gulp soda was and (he) said the top shelf which I had previous tried thinking maybe someone mistakenly placed there wrong lid in the wrong shelf and of course when I dug again I found the lids were to my Gulp cup. As I approached the countered he or she with a beard referred to me as Dorothy. I replied sure thing Alice then corrected myself and told the person maybe be they were the hookah smoking caterpillar. Needless to say the person stayed quite as I paid then left the store.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Several times I have had issues with a place I've shopped at for 33 years. the workers are great especially if the people that finally started cleaning the place actually got the credit they deserve. These Managers do not care what you have to say in defense. They just want to chase away their most loyal customers. I am creating a social media and online campaign to fight this lame attack on the freedom to stop and talk to an old friend for 5-10 minutes after being a customer TWICE in a few hours.

These kids are greedy, have no qualifications nor the ability to lead and run a business where loyal return customers are most important because it drives down customer acquisition cost when you don't have to help replacing multiple daily customers over someone that obviously did not know what happened and if you thought you weren't kicking out a patron that did nothing wrong you need some leadership and business skills training to help you best treat PAYING/OVERpaying customers.

This is a pathetic location on Wilkens Avenue Baltimore MD 21229 across from the hospital campus... BOYCOTT AND ENJOY BETTER FOOD AND DEALS ALONG WITH FREE ATMS AND GREAT SELECTION. There's no reason to use 711 on Wilkens when RoFo has built up great stores all around this horrible location and 711. After you get your products from 711 you have 5 minutes to get more than 100 feet away from the store because they love to cite old signs instead of just being normal, caring, business in the community. These gangsters are just thugs overcharging you for everything. Heed my words. FIND A BETTER OPTION, WAWA. ROFO, ETC.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I had 25k points accumulated. Then life happened - a family medical emergency, and I was forced to leave town to tend to a parent who had a stroke. I was gone for 12 weeks. They live rurally and no 7-11's are anywhere close. I returned finally after 12 weeks only to find my 25k points were stolen from me by corporate and their "no use after 90 days you lose your points" and I was at 0 rewards. I complained numerous times and explained to them the situation and conditions, and each time they "escalated" my complaint only to do nothing and say "sorry - we cannot return your earned rewards points to you - sucks to be you sucker" attitude.

Those 25k points amount to around $2500.00 in $$ spent at their stores over the period of a year and a half. A store is right next to my work - what else can I do? Well -- stop going to that store is the first thing I am doing. Let the local Wawa or other Dash's Market get my daily beverage and sandwich business. I am appalled at 7-Eleven corporate and how rigid they are over a dollar at the cost of their loyal customers. I hope their corporation goes down from lost revenue and business to where they go out of business.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I went in to turn a winning scratch ticket and choose another. When asked how many I said one and because I didn't buy another ticket he very rudely dropped the ticket on the counter instead of handing it to me. When mentioned that that was kind of rude he just started laughing. Won't visit the 7-Eleven in Portland Oregon that's on corner of 4th and Taylor..

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

7-Eleven Company Information