1.23/5
Based on 181 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

189 7-Eleven Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

All I wanted to do was change my email address in the 7-11 Now app... no way to do this. I call the Customer Service team, and Hugo rudely tells me it takes 2 weeks for a manager to review and help change the email address. Two weeks... for an email address change. The only thing I can do according to Hugo is make a new account. How is this the solution to the simple problem that the app doesn’t allow you to edit the email address? I asked him how to cancel the account, and it will also be sent to this multitasking manager to cancel in 2 weeks. See you in 2 weeks to cancel this garbage service.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I was excited to get an email promotion two weeks ago advising me that if I "swiped" (used my rewards card in store) 5 more days before the 21st of October (yes, I did the swipes) I would receive 4000 bonus points. Since then I have not only not gotten the points, but I cannot even get into my account to check my balance. The page just loads and loads but never "loads". I have sent messages three times and called (I was excited to get those points, they would have let my husband and myself enjoy a whole pizza this weekend)~but not one customer service representative has reached back to me even after the call center gentleman said he was expediting my case to management. Do Not Bother With 7-11 Rewards. I'm not going to spend one more dollar, ever, at 7-11. This company does not deserve my loyalty or money.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

There was this person that had accident that was working as a cashier and he was checking my drink out to buy and I gave him my phone number for 7-Eleven rewards points only and told him couple times that did not want to use my 7TH CUP IS FREE Reward and he said ok. But I guess he did not hear me because he had an accident and he used my 7TH CUP IS FREE Reward when I told him couple times before that I did not want to use that because I was going to buy it with my cash and save my 7TH CUP IS FREE Reward for a different day when I wanted a Double Gulp drink and that is why I got a regular drink that day on October 22nd of Monday of 2018. But he did that anyway. I want refund because I want my Double Gulp drink I did not get for a different day I was going save it for!!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I was given 100 dollars on a gift card to use for gas. The magnetic strip came off and now they will not replace the card. If I go online, the card says it has $100. The store says they cannot do anything because it cannot swipe and if you call their service line, they tell you the only way to replace it is in a store. It's a huge scam.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I moved into this neighborhood in January of 2018, and every single night I walk to the 7-Eleven to get snacks. One night after 8 months of entering this establishment all of a sudden I am verbally abused and denied service. I was even threatened with bodily harm. When asked why I was being treated this way... no answer was given. I've never had one harsh word with any of the store's employees... Never. Never. Not sure WHY this happened. Reported it to the corporate headquarters. The store manager called me the following day and apologized to me for the employees' behavior.

This manager also stated to me that I was welcome to continue shopping here. After a month I went back to shop... this time I was physically threatened by one employee. Still not aware of why this is happening... I was told to go back to shop by the manager... and once again I was abused verbally. I would have never gone back if I knew this would happen again. I called corporate again. I did not get a follow up call as claimed. I am getting an attorney. I feel like it is a prejudice act... very abusive. I was threatened with bodily harm. I've done nothing to warrant this horrible behavior. I want justice and answers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 7-Eleven?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Store # 33110 in Palmetto, Florida. I have stopped there numerous times to fuel up my vehicles. Unfortunately there is never a receipt available at the pump. This is supposed to be a convenience store? What is convenient about having to go inside and wait in line for a gas receipt? I have instructed all my family, friends and all my employees to gas somewhere else. Time is too valuable to have to wait in line for a receipt. Other gas stations have receipts? Why not here?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I bought a 11oz Simply Lemonade from a 7-Eleven at 111 Fulton St NYC. The listed price is $2.79 and the cashier named ** charged me $2.99. I told her the listed price is $2.79 and asked her to check it herself. She didn’t and told me it’s only 20 cents more. No apology and not willing to doublecheck the price. Poor customer service and it’s not legal to overcharged customer.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Address: 146-26 Northern Blvd, Flushing, NY 11354. Labor day Holiday 09/03/2018. My experience with this store was not pleasant. I bought two Gatorades and an order of buffalo wings. Everything was fine until I got out and tried one of those wings. The wings have gone bad and have a strong flavor, like when something is in poor condition and very unpleasant smell. I went back to the store and explained to one of the guys who worked there what was happening. He began to say that I was the only customer complaining and that he had just cooked his wings. All I said was that I was a different customer and, the smell and taste were horrible. He started being aggressive and arguing with me, instead of helping me. The guys who work there are very unfriendly, aggressive and have a very poor customer service. I asked for my money and I left. I will never go back to any 7-Eleven stores.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I went to the 7-11 on 9701 E Mill Plain Vancouver WA. 98664. I went in to redeem my winning lottery scratch off ticket. I forgot to scratch off the barcode so the clerk took a penny and scratched it and scratched it too hard and it ruined some of the barcode. So he tries to scan it and it wouldn't scan and then turns around to me and says it must have been wet. I said, "No it wasn't. You scratched it too hard." I said, "Sir don't try to blame this on me..." He then told me to go take it back to the store that I got it from? I said, "You think they are going to give me the money after you already messed up the barcode?" He said he "wasn't going to take the money out of my till." I said, "So I am out of $5.00 because you messed up the barcode and you are not going to make it right?" He became very rude and told me to leave the store.

I went to the ATM to get money out and he went back by another employee and very loudly was talking ** about me and then comes back behind the counter and yelling at me to leave... Again I said, "When I get my money." I then proceeded to ask who his manager was. He told me her name but refused to give me her contact info. I told him he shouldn't be in the customer service industry and by that time I was highly pissed off and we both were yelling back and forth. I went out to the car. My friend was to video tape my lottery ticket and she got the front of the store and said what store it was on the video... The clerk came out of the store, went to her driver's side window yelling at her that she was taking pictures of him. She said, "No I wasn't." He stood there yelling as she was telling him to get away from her car.

He then proceeded to the front of her car and took a picture of her license plate and said he was going to sue her. This guy is very unstable and should not be working with the public... He could have avoided this whole situation by basically saying "Ma'am I am sorry. Not sure what I did but some of the barcode came off but I am going to give you your money ($5.00) and leave a note with the ticket for my manager..." Or he could have said... "I am so sorry. My manager will be back tomorrow at this time. I will leave a note for her about the ticket." He could have handled it like a true customer service person instead of blaming me for something he did and causing a huge scene.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Every time I would go to my local 7-11 store, they would hand me a new rewards card and I told them I had 10 more at home... They said you can add up to 15 on the website. When I went to add them it only let me add 4!! I called customer support to see why and the guy was so arrogant and rude. Aside from the fact that I couldn't understand his heavy accent (and you could tell that was upsetting him), instead of apologizing or showing any interest in my complaint, he just kept saying, "Well mam (keep in mind I'm 24... Not a mam yet... Ignorant people) I can send this to management and write a report that will come back in 3 to 5 business days."

Over and over and over again!!! I am very certain that management has more important things to take care of than my rewards cards so I declined after the 5th suggestion of it. I just wanted to know what I should do with the rewards on my other cards... I guess I just wasted them then! Very disappointed with his lack of concern or wanting to help. If we stop caring about each other, there's not much more for this world to hang on to.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Today, I went in to use the ATM at 7-Eleven in Casselberry, Florida; what happened after was chaos! See, previously, I had gone to a 7-Eleven at 101 FL-436 Casselberry, FL across the street in the same vicinity where a woman works that happens to be my neighbor (We haven't had a warm relationship since she moved in due to her and her old man having relationship issues that spread into the community). Since we don't even have a "business oriented" relationship, I decided I didn't want to deal with her so that is why I moved my business across the street to the 7-Eleven at 5811 S Hwy 17-92 in Casselberry. When I finished my business of using the ATM, I was confronted by the manager from the 101 FL-436 store about stealing and held in place (I couldn't move at all) against my will.

I told him then that I didn't steal anything and even after he found nothing on my person or in my bag, the manager from the store at 17-92 joined in and helped the manager from the other store keep me in place based on a false accusation of an employee who is biased against me. I will be filing a civil suit against this person and the employees of these 7-Eleven locations. What they did was completely out of line since they didn't have to detain me like they did and could have just asked me to empty my bag and search my person (I would have done so willingly in the very beginning).

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

140 Beach Street Revere, Mass. They do not seem to care about customers waiting in line. They worry too much about customers playing Keno and the lottery. There are more things in the store then just lottery. All customers should be tried fairly.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I been getting Ice coffee at 7 Eleven for 5 years, this store is located on Eshelman and Lomita Blvd Lomita California. As I walked into the store I noticed all employees were busy so I took my cup which I have had for 2 years to the ice Coffee machine and filled it up. As I approached the owner of the store, same one who has been selling me coffee for many years tells me 1.99. I respond it's a refill 1.49. The owner tell me, she did not see me bring a cup in so it was 1.99. I told her nothing in the store states we must show her a cup and that she has charged me a 1.49 for years. I paid for the cup and never returned back to the store. What is the policy and if so please posted it so customer may know?

Original review: July 11, 2018

7-Eleven is the only place I know of that never seems to follow terms of promotions, they can’t grasp the concept of giving anything away for free...even if it was already paid for by someone else...even if in clear writing it says "all taxes paid by promoter" they just can’t get it. This is the third problem I've had at 7/11 and it was 3 different ones.

Look I don't care about the 38 cents they made me pay. I care about the concept, this time it was my free Redbull offer from T-Mobile Tuesday, same before with my free Monster offer and before that with an ecig offer I had. The ecig thing about 3 years ago said in point blank "All taxes and fees will be paid by promoter". I then pointed this out to them but they still said, "No you must pay $1, we don’t care what that says" and this after speaking to a manager. With the T-Mobile thing the terms said nothing about paying taxes and to be honest I didn't feel like starting a war. I just let T-Mobile know. But every Tuesday I get free things from T-Mobile and yet...I've never had to pay sales tax at any place I've gotten them. Not one. But here goes 7/11. And again not about the money. It's just that the concept I'm mad about.

Also I contacted T-Mobile 3 different ways, Facebook, Twitter, and phone support. All 3 said the same thing, they said they shouldn't be charging the sales tax, it's nowhere in the terms of their agreement. While the 38 cents or a dollar may seem like nothing if you think about it in a larger scope these guys are getting the money for the product, and the tax from the vendor and then they are charging each person who claims the offer the "tax" they already got. And now they just made millions of pure profit, it's wrong and it's illegal, and though fines may not matter to them I hope they get fined, personally I will not be shopping here anymore.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Yesterday (7/3/18) I stopped at the 7-Eleven convenience store on 34th Street and 53rd Avenue in Bradenton Florida. I got full tank of gas and purchased $8 express car wash. When I started washing I noticed that there was no water and soap available, and my car was given dry washing. That was real express wash with spinning brushes, spot free rinse and dry air blowing at the end.

I went to counter and a rude conceited cashier called me “honey” and asked what the problem was. I explained to cashier Kelly that I purchase express car wash and my car was still dirty because the washing machine did not work appropriately with no water and soap. With her anger she increased her voice and said: “I do not care what country you are from. But in this country machines do not work forever”. I said, "What are you talking about?" and explained that as a customer I am not satisfied with their business and want to talk to a manager. She then said that manager Kathy was in the bank and I needed to wait. I had been waiting for 5-10 minutes and started taking pictures of the gas station for evidence. She saw that and offered me a refund while giving me hard time and insulting me. Please stay away from 7-Eleven in Bradenton, FL.

Original review: June 17, 2018

To complaints department - your store in Research, Melbourne needs serious attention. The store has become a serious health threat. On a few occasions I have purchased food past its due date then I noticed the date had been rubbed off. The coffee machine has not been cleaned. I was using the coffee machine when it ran out of milk so the staff member of the store went to refill. As he opened the machine there was mold and a disgusting odor. Also I went into the other day one of the staff members was yelling at the top of his voice at a young woman who had accused him of giving her the wrong change verbally abusing her to leave the store. Several customers were trying to calm him down. This went on for 15 to 20 minutes. The woman left the store very upset leaving her change behind.

And now for the past week the store has a repulsive smell of cigarette ashtray - not cigarette smoke smell but ashtray like as if it's been knocked into the air con system. The smell is so bad customers have to hold their shirts over their mouth and nose to enter. Some leaving dry reaching. This store is an absolute disgrace. Something needs to be done or the health department should really just close the store.

Original review: June 16, 2018

If I could give it a negative star rating, I would. It won't even let me log in. It's just 7-Eleven's way to get us to want to purchase things. We buy extra crap to beef up the points to get the free donuts or whatever, then they make it so we can never redeem what we've earned. Just a scam.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I visited the 7-11 store on 64th and Federal in Adams County, Colorado. My car was being worked on across the street and I walked over to get a Slurpee and something to snack on. I went to counter and as an employee rang up my items a rude arrogant woman comes from the back and tells me to empty my pockets. I was like what are you talking about. There's nothing in my pockets. She then said your bag. I set my bag on the counter and opened it and told her what did I take, nothing. Go ahead and look. She told me to dump it. I told her she was welcome to look and see. She threatened to call the police and I welcomed it but instead she took the items I bought plus my money and refused to give them back. I called the police to get what was rightfully mine back.

This isn't the first time that this lady or an employee has done this to paying customers. I later found out from the sheriff's dept that her husband is the owner. I was told I'm not welcome and they even 86 my man because he was with me after the fact. If this is who 7-11 wants and allows to own , franchise, represent their brand and name. I will boycott all of them. Read the qualifications to be an owner. You can't tell me that majority of the franchisees meet any let alone some. I'm angry and disappointed. Won't be getting my business anytime soon.

Original review: May 2, 2018

This review is of the 7-Eleven store #25299 at 700 W. I-20, Arlington, TX 76017 specifically. This location has turned into an AWFUL place to get my daily morning coffee/pastry, afternoon energy drink/snacks and gas for my vehicles. The new female manager, who has been there since March-April 2018, is a horrible excuse for a human being! She should be working in a coal mine - far, far underground and away from people. She is so rude to customers, including twice a day regulars, like myself. I have witnessed her treating ** customers even worse than myself (I am **). This woman, and the staff she has brought on with her, are total opposites of the kind, energetic former manager and her staff.

I actually used to look forward to seeing them each day and always felt welcomed when I walked in. Now, there is a feeling of unhappy moral - like when you ask a question or even just check out with your items, you are a chore and bother to the manager and staff members. This is so convenient to my medical office across at USMD Hospital, but I have now switched up my morning routine to a Shell that is near my home and a QT for my afternoon fix. Several other medical staff regulars of 7-11 in my building have also commented much the same when I ask them if they have noticed the bad direction the 7-11 staff at this location has taken. Many are also finding alternate places to patronize, just as I have. I will definitely come back to this 7-11 location if things improve, but for now it is not worth the crummy start to my day.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I went into 37213 and tried to order and eat pizza and because I was paying with ebt the guy denied me... I am a single mom of six kids and I just needed a break... he told me I have the choice of pepperoni or cheese and that's not the problem... my kids will eat anything so I got pepperoni. The problem is there was meat pizzas sitting out. He told me no because I was paying with ebt. It's same as cash so why not sell it? Thanks 711. I won't be back.

Original review: April 5, 2018

They can cook 30 plus hot dogs but none in their store last night. I find this a lot when driving at night. I guess it might kill them to put a few dogs on the rollers. And everything is overpriced. I am sure those people are not making 13 per hour in Florida. And they have one person working slaving away when a truck came in with no help. Really sad the people that own these places. All they care about is the money that goes into their pockets.

Original review: March 22, 2018

The late shift needs to apologize to people for wrongly accusing them of stealing when it is proven that they did not. I will review this store every opportunity I get about how people are treated at this store especially people who come in every morning and spend anywhere from $20-$40 a day. It was a bald guy that accused me of stealing DEODORANT of all things this morning. I was paying for my purchases when he said, "WHAT DID YOU TAKE?" I thought he was talking to someone else at first until he repeated it loudly. I said, “Who? Me?” He said, “Yes, you” in a real pretentious voice.

I was then told that they were mistaken but it “looked suspicious”. I guess that was to try and cover themselves. I got a begrudging “apology” from the guy who told me it looked suspicious. Whatever IT is. The guy who accused me went and hid in the back after I had proven I had not stolen anything. That’s a tremendous way to treat a loyal customer who came in every morning on his way to work at 5:40 am.

I’m a 40-year-old man who dresses nice, pays for anything I want to buy and work full time. I do not need to steal and I have never stolen anything that I am aware of in my life. I want an apology from the person who accused me, not the guy covering that guy's back with “It looked suspicious” again whatever it is. This was done in a store full of people and it was tremendously embarrassing and humiliating. The 7-11 employee certainly had no problem with defamation of my character.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Their employee "Junior" at the Old Middlefield location in Mountain View, CA will refuse to honor discounts when they don't show up in his system. He could have easily honored it. I've seen them do it before, they can do a "grocery no tax" custom to fix mistakes like this and get people the discounts that aren't showing up. I'm not spending $3 on two candy bars when the Mars/M&M deal is 2 for $2. Never visiting this location again. Only one decent employee and he pretty much only works overnight shifts.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

A couple weeks ago me and my fiance went into the Springville store to get coffee and all we had was change and the cashier was nice enough to help. And my fiance said, "Thanks for helping. Let us know what we can do in return." And the cashier said, "Well is this your man?" and she said, "Yes." And he then said, "Never mind then. You can't do me any favors then." And he said that right in front of me which I am offended by 'cause he was asking for a sexual payback... I haven't been back to that store again except to see the next time he works so I could get his name. It's the store on Springville Main so now I go to the one by Springville Walmart.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Saturday December 3rd 3:36 p.m. I went into my local 7-Eleven that I've been a customer at for about 30 years now to purchase a prepaid Mastercard and load $200 on it. I wanted you to pay my vehicle registration online so I needed a car to do so. When I attempted to do so I was told I needed to go into the DMV to handle it. When I did and I went to pay for my registration on the tags on my vehicle that expired a few days previous it rejected my purchase. When I contacted customer service they said I only had $100 on my card and that I had only loaded $100 on my card.

I gave that cashier four $50 bills and told her two separate times I want to pay for the card with this $5 bill and load $200 on it and she repeated what I said and I repeated what I said again to her confirming and she only put $100 on to the card. I don't know where the other hundred dollars went. I don't remember getting a receipt from her either. Now I'm driving on expired tags in a vehicle I live in and could very easily end up on the streets because of this. I called customer or corporate headquarters for 7-Eleven and was told I would get a call back in 48 hours. 48 hours can you ** believe that?! That's what I'm supposed to be okay with this in the meantime? Well guess what I'm not!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

7-11 Store at 2500 Liberty Heights Ave - I brought the Polish Sausage today, 11/6/17, at approximately 1:35 pm with 2 Fanta Orange sodas. I put condiments on it and left out the store. I did not open it to eat it until I arrived at work. I work around the corner on Towanda Ave. It was hard as rubber. It tasted as if it had been on the grill all night. I threw it away since I could not return it due to lunch hour being over.

This is not my first complaint about this store. The main cashier (not the owner) there who is there every morning is very rude. He is from a foreign country and he is rude and extra rude when he speaks in his native language. He also stops the other employee who appears to be scared of him from helping customers out or answering a customer's question. Very poor customer service there. They need training. Usually I get a receipt but this time the sodas were in the bag and given to me with the sausage. I used my Bankcard to pay. The order amount was $5.08 cents.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Poorest service. I had always like this petrol station But a female worker changed my reviews completely. I went there today and mistakenly I entered through wrong way (there were no cars or people luckily). The girl there was explaining to me I said, "OK but I could not see the enter and exit written and yes it was MISTAKE." SHE SAID, "I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY PETROL PUMP SAYING ENTRANCE AND EXIT." Haha??? (now to head office they said there is a board). And she was not ready to leave the topic. I asked her to attend the other customers first and it's ok I have enough time to clarify and she said, "I am your bigger sister in this. I will not leave it here..." And I said to her she can't behave like that I asked for her name.

She said, "My name is Simmy and do you want to know the owner's name? It's also Simmy." And she was not sorry at all. Can we tolerate such kind of behaviour? And now when I called head office that girl is saying, "I was just concerned about safety." PEOPLE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ABUSE SPECIALLY AT CUSTOMER SERVICE and SHOW SUCH ATTITUDE. I am not going back there at any cost.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I buy my coffee from 7-11 located 1701 Union Blvd. Bay Shore, NY 11706. The fruits in the cup is not fresh! Several times when I buy the fruits in the cup I find it to have an acidity taste. One time I threw the whole cup away. It happened again today-with a sharp/acid taste in my mouth! I am going to contact corporation. These fruits should be fresh everyday. I buy them for snacks at work!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I signed up for the 7-11 App. When I opened it I could view the gas prices in my area, but I couldn't lock in to save the gas price. It wouldn't let me sign in and gave an error message. I looked for a customer service contact to get help with it but when I clicked on the email it provided, the link didn't work. The app is useless.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I purchased a Figo Vitrue III handset from 7-Eleven. It malfunctioned badly out of the box (it was a cheap handset, so not a disaster)... but the customer service refused to help return the product for either a replacement or refund - all they did was give me a few INCORRECT web addresses to contact the manufacturer. Utterly unprofessional and unhelpful. DON'T GET SCAMMED! This is a shell game.

7-Eleven Company Information