7-Eleven

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I went into the 7-11 on 10th and Snyder in south Philadelphia and I bought a pack of Newport 100's. I realized every time I smoked 1 of the cigarettes my stomach was hurting and I felt nauseous. Then I realized the pack was different. I went on the internet and read about fake Newports being sold nationwide. I told the manager about the cigarettes the next day and they did nothing.

I am 43 years old and I went into the 7-11 on Harford Rd 11/11/2016 at 945 am. I put quart of milk and asked for Marlboro menthol and light 100s. Had 1$ coupon on front. He need I'd so I went in car and went back then he made me wait in line while he cooked food and wait on people. I asked him to please come on I had to take milk back to baby and work. He got smart. I paid 15$ and as I was pulling off he come running out saying I stole milk. In front of everyone. I felt like a low life. I stopped and gave him milk and said he was a liar and a crock of crap. How can he say that it was on counter and I gave him 15$ with coupon, I added I was right. He should have been on his job and stop with his attitude.

I never rate businesses but after the experiences that I have had twice I will no longer be going back to another 7 Eleven. The first experience I had was when one of their locations pay machine took my money. I stuck $50.00 in the machine to pay on an OGE electric bill in which the money got stuck. I was fine until their cashiers started being rude as if they didn't care about what had happened.

The second incident is when I purchased a money order and accidentally tore the wrong side. I had not even been out of the store not even 15 min to pay my rent when I realized I tore the wrong side. I did not want any money back just another money order to pay my rent. I had a receipt and everything that they needed and they told me to go to another 7 Eleven store to get help. I knew that I wouldn't get any help when the cashier started talking crap and huffing and puffing at me. I've spent tons of money at 7 Eleven and to say the least I will never spend another dime there. I highly recommend taking your money elsewhere.

Do not buy food to any 7 Eleven because I got sick once and I know why. I was buying food and the guy who is serving food was wearing the same glove that he use while handling cash and computer. He never change glove at all so that why I got sick...

I had my skateboard stolen by an employee and then my wallet on another occasion. Every time I walk by there now I get harassed by Daniel. It's a terrible horrifying experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 7-Eleven?

Whether $100.00 or a dime honesty should be first. 7-Eleven is merely another company of our modern time which could care less about the customer. They always have more. If these companies treated all customers bad there would be no customers however like all big companies they are too big to fail. I would spend $15.00 each day at the same 7-Eleven, Hemlock in Oxnard, CA. One day I asked for a stamp so I could drop a bill in the mail. I paid but never received the stamp. I explained he never gave me the stamp which the clerk disputed but finally gave me the stamp.

Next month; Tonight I spent $563.00 and asked for a stamp. The same clerk took my $563.00 but refused to sell me a stamp stating he sold me one before and that I lied about the stamp and he would not sell me one now. I stated if $0.73 was that important I never would have asked for the item I paid for. Now because I had to spend extra time just to buy a stamp after spending $563.00 I will no longer patronize this store. The clerk lost this owner profits on my daily $15.00 purchases and my once a month $563.00 purchases due to his actions to a customer over a dime profit from a stamp.

My wife comes home, very upset and was telling me about her experience at the 7 Eleven down the road that we always patronize multiple times a week! She stopped to get gas and went in to get 2 slurpees (1 was suppose to be free due to us having accumulated over 10 free ones). She tried to use the app and the clerk kept charging for 2 and she showed him that she had all the free ones but he could not figure it out for some reason.

She told him that she was leaving and left the slurpees there and he asked, "You going to take these?" She responded, "Are you going to give them to me at the correct price? Are you going to scan my app?" He scanned it correctly and was huffing and puffing in anger and then started cursing at my wife, to which she responded, "Is this how you talk to loyal customers and we come here all the time and buy stuff for the kids". So, I went to get answers and he calls the manager on the phone and tries to lie and say he does not know what I am talking about when it had only been 15 minutes prior. I would never treat a customer like that, but I sure hope that corporate takes care of it and I don't have to.

Customer service from some of the staff is very ignorant. Will yell at customers if they're in a bad mood. Manager is never around and refuses to address poor customer service, and when he is there which isn't very often he's too busy flirting with one of the cashiers.. I had one cashier tell me as I was trying to rush and catch the bus that it isn't her job to cash me out and the other cashier was nowhere to be found.. I ended up leaving everything on the counter so I would not be late for work. Very rude experience.

I usually stop at 7-11 in Lake Mary, FL about 3 times a week on my way to work. I stopped in this morning to get my usual taquitos but they were not ready so I opted for pizza instead. The advertised special says 2 slices of cheese or pepperoni pizza and a big gulp for $3. I proceed to tell the clerk Cindy, that I would like that special and she debates with me telling me that it's no longer their special. The advertisement is on a sticker directly affixed to the hot food section. When I show her the sign, she then rips off the sticker and tells me it's not valid. Now, just a few days before I had just gotten the same combo.

There was another lady in the store who tells the clerk, "maam if it's advertised you should honor it". With the nastiest attitude she yells to the guy on the register "just give it to her" and balls up the sign. I was very much so upset and appalled at the behavior she showed with a store full of customers. Even at the register she came and stood right next to the cashier and began saying all sorts of rude comments under her breath. This is definitely a poor example of customer service and they will not have to worry about my business going forward.

This 7-eleven is at 17th & South St. in Philadelphia PA. The problem is coffee is never made between 6:30-7:00 am. I come here at least 4 days of the week. I work down the street at the hospital. Sometimes there's 3 people at the register. When asked about coffee being made they just look at you...

I've been going to the Rockville Centre, Merrick Road 7-11 since it's been there. In the past the employees were ALWAYS polite and courteous, they couldn't do enough for you. The coffee was always fresh, and if it wasn't (which was rare) they would make a new pot for you right away. Since this new owner has taken over, several months ago, it's been HORRIBLE! I've written numerous letters to corporate, and they finally told me to get in touch with customer service. The new owner is constantly sabotaging the "BELLY" iPad. I have close to 700 points at this time, but I can't cash them in. What good is it to have all these points if I can't do anything with them, and I can't acquire anymore. NICE...

The employees that were there before this man took over were ALL either transferred out or told to leave. Initially he wouldn't hire any woman, (which I complained about to corp). All of a sudden ONE of the past female employees is back. I don't know the exact nationality of this owner, but he's definitely from the Mideast. He kept ONE male Arab employee that used to work there. That employee told me his ethnicity was the only reason he wasn't shipped off. Most of the people that work there are Arab. They only stay by the cash register. Every other employee, (that isn't Arab), has to do all the grunt work. If they aren't there, then the place is dirty, the coffee is either empty or cold, and the owner refuses to put napkins in the napkin holders.

You can buy the same thing every day and it'll be a different total each time. The prices change daily. The only person that offers a receipt is the female that recently returned. Their credit card machine works now and then (he prefers cash). He claims the EBT/SNAP cards machine doesn't work either. I used to love going to this 7-11... It didn't matter what time of day it was, they were always polite and helpful. NOT ANYMORE! Now I dread going there. I've heard the (new) 7-11 on Hempstead Ave and N. Village is just as bad, only cleaner. I don't know what's happening with all these stores lately, but it's kind of sad that a place I loved going to, has become a place I can't stand going to!

I know you ask for an "Order Number" below, and I'm not quite sure where I would get that number. So I put in a reference number, from one of the communications I had with corporate recently. CORPORATE: STRAIGHTEN YOUR STORES OUT! SHOW UP UNANIMOUSLY... DON'T BE SENDING AN ANNOUNCED LOCAL DISTRICT MANAGER. Please... do something!!!

All advertisements for "Free Slurpee Day" failed to mention the consumer has to pay 11cents tax only at the 711 at 3076 Del Monte Blvd, Marina, California while other stores did not charge tax on the "free" slurpee.

Been smoking this brand for many years and what I was sold today was NOT a pack of Newport. Don't know what games they are playing, but I will be taking them back immediately. Is it too much to ask for an honest purchase when spending my money? I think not!!

On April 29th between the hours of 12:30 and 1 o'clock a.m. me and my girlfriend went to the 711 located on Tropicana and Boulder Highway in Las Vegas, Nevada. The graveyard shift staff is extremely disrespectful and my girlfriend civil rights were violated. It back in December because they had to clean the coffeemaker, stack the beers in the fridge and wipe off the counter during her interview being informed that she may be getting a call back if he's interested. After that the manager hired three other people all metals and I asked each one of them and what they had to do during the interview and he said just answer questions so this is long was a violation of his civil rights. They pick favorites in the store and they do what they please.

The night shift at this location was giving me a hard time simply because they did not like me. During April 29th between those hours I went in to get a pizza and he refused me service so I yelled at him and anger because of how unprofessional he was acting toward me causing a negative reaction by his example. After I yelled at him he started at me while I was exiting the store and tackled me to the ground and then performed a pressure point move that clogs the blood to the brain by pinching the artery in the neck and after I was unconscious he continued to strangle me. I have called management the next day of the situation and all they did was argue and yell on top of me and hang up the phone. I called corporate office customer service a couple times and they gave me cash numbers but no one has followed up with me.

They sent me promotions in the email for their deals like they normally do for their newsletters and I responded to one of them with an email pertaining to the assault. I received a phone call from a blocked number asking if I went to the hospital or had a police report. And I feel that they just care more about their well-being than the safety of their customers. I'm currently talking with their insurance agent but he insists on getting hospital records at this time for the injuries and most doctors don't want to perform the scan of the MRI due to the cost but it is known that this pressure point can kill and cause brain damage and as the obvious as it is on the tapes they would rather see what evidence I have to go against them in court than to perform an act of good faith for the misconduct.

Their freshly brewed City Blends coffee is a great pick-me-up to start my day. Not bad for a convenience store product. The packaging is also presentable. However, I've ordered several times to-go and the staff informed me that they ran out of the plastic covers for the paper-made coffee cups. This happened to me around three times in different branches and it's frustrating because it's quite hard to walk and travel with an uncovered cup of piping hot coffee. They should improve their inventory because if this continues, people will be discouraged from patronizing them. After all, their customers don't usually consume their purchases inside the store.

Extreme rudeness. Shannon criticized my terminally ill daughter for buying 8 doughnuts a day. She buys 4... but if she buys more? That is good for 7-11. She also pushes our items out of the way... "Move! These people have to go to work." That has been said to us on NUMEROUS OCCASIONS! Guess what? I have 3 jobs! But I wouldn't have any if I treated my patients like she treats people. The store is FILTHY AND POORLY STOCKED. I love most 7-11s. None have ever been this much of a disappointment. Hang your head in - SHAME 7-11.

I appreciate that there are 7-Elevens available in many areas of our city. They're convenient, although the products are pricier compared to regular stores or other 24/7 convenience stores. But then again, who cares when you need to grab some booze and chips for the unexpected crashing of friends wanting to get wasted in the wee hours, or when you need a new pair of slippers for an unplanned travel to the beach.

In the recent years, 7-Elevens in our city have definitely changed. There have been a lot of additions such as charging stations for gadgets at a minimal fee, loading features, payment options for city services, and addition food choices as well. These are all well and good. However, some 7-Eleven stores have also become a hangout for people needing to have a drink or two (or even more, much more in most cases). In some of the stores, designated drinking spaces have been designated outside the stores as an alternative to bars. It's not surprising, therefore, that brawls break out every now and then.

Such changes have clearly made 7-Eleven staff busier. Still, they remain courteous and helpful. I haven't experienced any unpleasant treatment from their guys. Perhaps the additional tasks, though, have left some areas of the store unattended. There was a time I entered a 7-Eleven store and there was a funky smell inside. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. This was one of the busier stores, being close to call centers. There were also a lot of customers at that time. Maybe the staff didn't have enough time to do their cleaning of the entire store yet. Overall, I'm glad 7-Eleven stores offer the convenience they do.

Where I live, there are 7-Eleven stores in almost all corners of the central business district. When I was in high school, I used to go to 7-Elevens for their Slurpee. Younger people love brain freeze, I guess...haha. Now that I'm older, it is where I usually go to for my "late-night-emergency-shopping." Late at night, a 7-Eleven store is the only one offering a bit of everything (at least to what I know). They have grocery items (food, liquor, clothes, baby items, you name what you need). They even have medicines and school supplies. It's also a reload station, and most stores have sitting areas where people can sit awhile and eat or have coffee and let the time pass.

Sometimes, it's a place people use to wait for whoever they're waiting for especially at night - though a little cramped. The 7-Eleven stores I know are well-lighted, and like I've said they have a bit of everything, and they also have security. They also have gadget-charging stations now. I used to use these stations when I was in the main city and I ran out of battery (for 5php, you have 10 minutes of battery charging). Since 7-Eleven is a 24/7 store, the prices stink to the high heavens. Also, we can't expect good service from these stores because they're usually understaffed. Still where I live, store staff greet you with a smile and they try to attend to your needs the best way they can, though, sometimes there are rude ones, but heck, rude people are everywhere... I'm still thankful for 7-Elevens.

I like that 7-Eleven is a 24-hr. store. Even at late night and I wanted midnight snack, or even I wanted to buy prepaid, I could go there. However, some of their employees don't understand and speak English. It's an American store and when a foreigner steps in, they would just open their mouth and say nothing. But it is a convenience store so it's satisfying.

What is upper management thinking? My local 7-Elevens prices and food are the worst. The cigarettes and coffee are higher than other retailers like WAWA. I can go into Wawa find fresh products, inexpensive, gas, coffee and cigarettes. They pretend they have a great food program but who knows where it's being made. The hot food is unhealthy. What the heck is their direction? I ask the owners and they say all upper management does is complain owners are not doing what they should do. I used to know the management and enjoyed feeling like it's a hometown store, but now it seems everyone is miserable in the stores and afraid of 7-Eleven, sick of their same old same answers. 7-Eleven was a NJ Icon, now it's just a ghost. These stores in NJ have nothing to offer over their competition. It's my guess they have 10 more years left in NJ before they are wiped out.

Purchased lottery tickets over $75 won $500. The cashier stated he had money to pay me. The manager refused to pay. I informed her less than $599 she needs to pay. She went to the back to get Marcus ** who stated he was the regional manager even though his card reads business consultant? I frequent the store and felt disrespected by the poor customer service and flat out lies. I happened to be in the store when a customer was speaking of a attempted robbery a few weeks ago and they discussed race not knowing I was there. I will not play the race card and I will demand respect. I went to another location I frequent and asked the ticket. Loser should not work for 7/11.

The store that I have been purchasing a few items from consistently is a new store on the corner of Village Avenue and North Village Avenue in Rockville Centre, NY. Today I entered the establishment and asked for an item that was increased in price substantially over the course of one day. The individual behind the counter whose name is Ritchie, and I highly doubt that's his real name, is either the Franchisee and or an employee. When I asked this individual why the price increase he began screaming at me and displayed the attributes of a lunatic. I immediately contacted the corporate offices of 7-11 and filed a formal complaint. I await a response from Corporate. My suggestion for anyone considering visiting this location is consider going elsewhere. Unless you too want to be the victim of a verbal assault.

I downloaded and have been using the 7-11 app, making sure that I scan the app every time I buy a drink. I've brought 6 drinks and the apps says that I have a free drink available. However when I go to redeem my free drink the register does not ring it up as FREE. When I advised the clerk and showed them the app was indicating that my drink was suppose to be free I get negative attitude from the clerk. The clerk even said that whenever she scans those things it 'NEVER' rings it up as free at the register. She then insisted that I pay for the poured drink.

If the clerk knows that this app does not ever work how can 7-11 corporate not know. And if they know it does not work then why don't they fix it. What is the point in spending my money with 7-11 with the idea that after 6 cups I'd get a free cup if 7-11 has no intention of giving me my free cup? With regards to the free cup this app is a waste of time, energy and money. The other coupons in the app seem to work just fine. It is just the free cup part of the app and then the negative attitude I get from the clerk over an app that I have no control over. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

I've read where other customers have contacted 7-11 who says they are no longer supporting the 7-11 app offered by 7-11 and how they are 'sorry' of any inconvenience this has caused me. Other customers have said that 7-11 knows of the issue and does not plan on fixing the problem. Meantime 7-11 has enormous signs encouraging customers to download and use their app. It would seem this is just a ploy by 7-11 to gain access to your smartphone data. This is another example of an supposedly 'American' company that does not care one iota about the country they are headquartered in. These practices does nothing to 'make America great.'

I also have experienced on an increasing noticeable occurrences where 7-11 is franchising their stores to foreigners who then provide very bad customer service and tend to rip customers off. I had a 7-11 at 15th & Court in Downtown Denver attempt to charge me a higher price for a pack of smokes just because there happened to be a big event occurring across the street in Civic Center Park. This is the same 7-11 (who just so happens to be run by foreigner seemingly from India) that started yelling at me after I questioned them about why there was no coffee made. He told me to get out of the store. All I wanted was a cup of coffee even though it was 1 pm.

Another 7-11 at about Pennsylvania & Colfax has a clerk that was extremely rude to the customer in front of me just because they were buying items with food stamps. At this 7-11 the owners are rude to customers because they are upset that people are only buying a Slurpee during Slurpee discount week. The 7-11 at 303 N Broadway would rather have customers urinate outside the store the freezing cold than allow a paying customers to use their restroom. I had just spent $40 to fuel up my car and really needed to use the bathroom. The clerk on duty, who just so happened to also be the store mgr, wouldn't allow me to use their restroom and threatened to call the cops if I going outside their store even after I told them I was about to explode.

The one 7-11 I found that provided me EXCELLENT and COURTEOUS service was located at: 1726 CHAMPA STREET, Denver, CO 80202. Apparently 7-11 has gone way downhill and when I have a chance to choose between 7-11 and any other store (Circle K, Conoco, Diamond Shamrock, etc). I'll spend my dollars with them instead even if it is inconvenient. Especially now that 7-11's app is not working after I agreed to allow them access to my smartphone data.

The 7-Eleven in Perth Amboy train station in NJ has the restroom out of business since thanksgiving 2014. Every time I go in they first say I need to buy something to use it. I'm a cab driver in this city. I go at least 10 times a day to this location. When I ask to use the restroom they keep telling me I need to buy something. This is not cool... They need to have the restroom available to EVERYONE that comes in.

I love 7-Eleven but I would recommend you never go to the location on central ave and Firestone in Los Angeles. The customer service is awful. The manager that I encountered was very unprofessional. He didn't have on a uniform, no name tag and his customer service was horrible. He did not address the concerns I expressed and there was also another displeased customer there that he paid no regard. He gives 7-Eleven a bad name and I will no longer go to that location.

I go to this gas station on a daily basis. I only use this gas station for my gas. I use a mobile Exxon gift card which I buy every week at Publix. The workers there all know me and see me frequently. For some reason they use a different machine to use those gift cards but do not properly show new cashiers how to use them. They seem to confuse plenty cards with gift cards. I walked in to get gas and told the cashier I needed $15 on pump 6. She said "We can't take plenty cards". I explained this was not a plenty cards, which are different. She said nope sorry can't take it. I told her "I use this card every time I'm here". I explained I did not have enough gas to get to another gas station so I needed to speak to a manager. She said they were praying and could not come out. She told me to leave. I was on a lunch break from work and had no gas to get back.

I said I was not leaving until I spoke to a manager. I asked politely several times to please get a manager. She then told me she was calling the police. I told her to call the police because I did nothing wrong and just wanted to get gas and leave. She publicly embarrassed me and then a manager came out. He admitted that that card was ok to use. But asked me to use the outside machine. When I went to pump my gas the rude cashier came out and took my license plate # like I did something wrong. I felt threatened so I contacted the police. Apparently they did too. They hire idiots to work at a store who provide terrible customer service. I will not go back there again. The manager should not be telling their associates not to call them for anything. What if there was a real emergency? They should not be in business.

I have been a very loyal 7-11 customer around the Orlando, Florida area for many years. I do work that requires me to be driving around the area every day and night so I stop at 7-11 all over for years and have been a 7-11 app user for almost a year now. For the last 8-9 months I have been sending in on the app some complaints at various stores about the availability and quality of brewed unsweetened iced tea. The store I visit a lot in the night on Park Avenue in Winter Park, Florida has had a management change recently and the manager has allowed her two grandsons to work in the store and this type of nepotism can only lead to conflicts.

The grandsons had told me a few weeks ago that I could not park in the parking lot anymore and after telling me this gave me a 10-15 minutes to leave the property. I had the other long time night clerk (John) come out to the car to talk to me about this since I have been frequenting this store for years and quite friendly with the clerk John. While I was talking with the clerk the young grandson decided to call the Winter Park police about me. Now at this point I had done nothing wrong and of course spent money inside the store. The police came out on the call and saw that they knew me from doing business in the area for a while and was not a problem for the store but advised me that I needed to leave the premises. I have been avoiding visiting the store when I would see the grandsons around the store maybe like outside taking a smoking break in front of the store.

A couple nights ago I went into the store to use the bathroom urgently and get an iced tea and maybe some other treats. I bought my tea and the grandson took the money at the cash register. I was silent and paid him and took my things and left the store. Last night I walked into the store about 11 pm and went toward the bathroom and John the clerk intercepted me and asked me what had I done? I had no idea what he was talking about. He proceeded to inform me that the manager said I was not to enter the store or buy anything there.

I was in shock about this and asked him to tell me what I had done. He said he was not given an exact reason only told to not allow me to enter the store. I left and sent a complaint message about this event on the 7-11 app. It is now about 3 pm the next afternoon Friday January 22, 2016 and I have not had any contact from 7-11 about this. I am writing this note to publicly announce this unfair and unwarranted treatment of a long time frequent customer of 7-11.

I went there to get cat food because Food Lion was closed. I wanted to also to get egg rolls and a drink. There were no egg rolls ready, so instead of everyone in line waiting while the one clerk made my egg rolls, I let her ring up at least 4 other people ahead of me. Then the cashier (young, black woman) was so rude to me that I said never mind to the egg rolls. Then she only rang up my drink. So I had to go back in for the cat food. The second time, she let 3 more people cut in front of me. And threatened to call the police if I didn't leave, even though she had not rung up the cat food. I called the customer service number, but they said it is an independently-owned store, so the cashier cannot be transferred to another location. The owner allows the clerks to treat customers that way. He should not be allowed to use the brand name 7-Eleven because he doesn't go by 7-Eleven standards.

I went and got gas this morning at a Virginia beach 711. $20 worth and when I check my account they took out $100 so I go back up there and the lady said "oh no manager on duty, I can have her call you when she comes in." She was nice and didn't understand what happened. I will give them until 4 pm today and I will go back up there, since I now have waited 9 hours for a call.

I went to the 7/11 on Granby Street in Norfolk, VA. Cashier was extremely rude, giving me attitude. All I wanted was a money order in order to pay my rent on time. Lady hands me back my cash and I ask her what is wrong this is the exact amount + fee mentioned. She screams at me "THE MACHINE IS NOT WORKING". Appalled, I said, "Excuse me I can't read your mind. You could have told me that from the beginning". I was so shocked how I was treated. Worst customer service ever. This WOMAN should be fired. I have been going to this 7/11 from the past year. I will NEVER go back to 7/11 ever again. I rather go to WAWA where employees are super nice.

7-Eleven Company Profile