1.14/5
  • 1 star
Based on 36 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 7, 2017

167 7-Eleven Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

A couple weeks ago me and my fiance went into the Springville store to get coffee and all we had was change and the cashier was nice enough to help. And my fiance said, "Thanks for helping. Let us know what we can do in return." And the cashier said, "Well is this your man?" and she said, "Yes." And he then said, "Never mind then. You can't do me any favors then." And he said that right in front of me which I am offended by 'cause he was asking for a sexual payback... I haven't been back to that store again except to see the next time he works so I could get his name. It's the store on Springville Main so now I go to the one by Springville Walmart.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Saturday December 3rd 3:36 p.m. I went into my local 7-Eleven that I've been a customer at for about 30 years now to purchase a prepaid Mastercard and load $200 on it. I wanted you to pay my vehicle registration online so I needed a car to do so. When I attempted to do so I was told I needed to go into the DMV to handle it. When I did and I went to pay for my registration on the tags on my vehicle that expired a few days previous it rejected my purchase. When I contacted customer service they said I only had $100 on my card and that I had only loaded $100 on my card.

I gave that cashier four $50 bills and told her two separate times I want to pay for the card with this $5 bill and load $200 on it and she repeated what I said and I repeated what I said again to her confirming and she only put $100 on to the card. I don't know where the other hundred dollars went. I don't remember getting a receipt from her either. Now I'm driving on expired tags in a vehicle I live in and could very easily end up on the streets because of this. I called customer or corporate headquarters for 7-Eleven and was told I would get a call back in 48 hours. 48 hours can you ** believe that?! That's what I'm supposed to be okay with this in the meantime? Well guess what I'm not!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

7-11 Store at 2500 Liberty Heights Ave - I brought the Polish Sausage today, 11/6/17, at approximately 1:35 pm with 2 Fanta Orange sodas. I put condiments on it and left out the store. I did not open it to eat it until I arrived at work. I work around the corner on Towanda Ave. It was hard as rubber. It tasted as if it had been on the grill all night. I threw it away since I could not return it due to lunch hour being over.

This is not my first complaint about this store. The main cashier (not the owner) there who is there every morning is very rude. He is from a foreign country and he is rude and extra rude when he speaks in his native language. He also stops the other employee who appears to be scared of him from helping customers out or answering a customer's question. Very poor customer service there. They need training. Usually I get a receipt but this time the sodas were in the bag and given to me with the sausage. I used my Bankcard to pay. The order amount was $5.08 cents.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Poorest service. I had always like this petrol station But a female worker changed my reviews completely. I went there today and mistakenly I entered through wrong way (there were no cars or people luckily). The girl there was explaining to me I said, "OK but I could not see the enter and exit written and yes it was MISTAKE." SHE SAID, "I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY PETROL PUMP SAYING ENTRANCE AND EXIT." Haha??? (now to head office they said there is a board). And she was not ready to leave the topic. I asked her to attend the other customers first and it's ok I have enough time to clarify and she said, "I am your bigger sister in this. I will not leave it here..." And I said to her she can't behave like that I asked for her name.

She said, "My name is Simmy and do you want to know the owner's name? It's also Simmy." And she was not sorry at all. Can we tolerate such kind of behaviour? And now when I called head office that girl is saying, "I was just concerned about safety." PEOPLE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ABUSE SPECIALLY AT CUSTOMER SERVICE and SHOW SUCH ATTITUDE. I am not going back there at any cost.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I buy my coffee from 7-11 located 1701 Union Blvd. Bay Shore, NY 11706. The fruits in the cup is not fresh! Several times when I buy the fruits in the cup I find it to have an acidity taste. One time I threw the whole cup away. It happened again today-with a sharp/acid taste in my mouth! I am going to contact corporation. These fruits should be fresh everyday. I buy them for snacks at work!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 7-Eleven?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I signed up for the 7-11 App. When I opened it I could view the gas prices in my area, but I couldn't lock in to save the gas price. It wouldn't let me sign in and gave an error message. I looked for a customer service contact to get help with it but when I clicked on the email it provided, the link didn't work. The app is useless.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I purchased a Figo Vitrue III handset from 7-Eleven. It malfunctioned badly out of the box (it was a cheap handset, so not a disaster)... but the customer service refused to help return the product for either a replacement or refund - all they did was give me a few INCORRECT web addresses to contact the manufacturer. Utterly unprofessional and unhelpful. DON'T GET SCAMMED! This is a shell game.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

7/11 on Pacheco in MTZ has a sign stating 52 oz of soda or less is a small refill good enough but then it says 52 oz or larger is 150. Ok then where is the problem with me bringing in my 75 oz container to get it refilled for the 150. These barely speaking English guys that work there charge me 300 when their own sign states different. So when I complain they kick me out the store permanently. How is a lame ** manager gonna give up about 6000 I spend there every year to cheat me out of a soda that cost them 10 to fill just because he don't like giving it to me for the price 7/11 came up with and then on top of that kick me out. I just don't see the logic. I guess it's time for small claims court.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

7 11 located at 9502 Hamilton in Huntington Beach, CA. Purchased a hot dog and big gulp because the store had a sign stating the purchase is $2 plus applicable tax, so I expected roughly $2.16. The clerk rang up the purchase for $2.22 +.17 tax = $2.39. I complained, showed him the sign and requested the advertised price as listed on the sign... He read the sign and insisted the .39 was all charged to tax... Obviously the 7/11 cash register code the clerk used has not been updated with the correct sale price. I know it is just a few cents but if the store does that to everyone on everything, then they are not following proper protocol. Annoying experience especially when the clerk acts like he doesn't speak English. Date 9/15/17. Store 29003.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Me, my husband, and friends all went to the 711 on Ervay and St. Paul in Downtown Dallas and we paid for two drinks for each couple to split and we were going to order a 3meat pizza and they said they only had pepperoni and one of my friends made the comment that the staff members were too lazy to make the 3meat pizzas because he asked them if they could make more and the answer was no and after he made that comment paying customers and all they said we were all banned. They were very rude, disrespectful, and no sense of how to treat paying customers.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

On 07/25/17 I forgot my Driving license with fuel card after I fill a Diesel Gas for my Semi Truck. Fortunately, Mr. Ameet ** send it to me and pay 43.89$. This guy he is very Cooperative. And has the capacity, how to handle customer. I ask him to send this money. But he say "no." I was in Dallas and if he were not send me I suppose to go to Columbus, Oh and Pay 500$ for flying to Columbus. Anyway he is very cooperative guy in the whole gas station that I saw. Thank you Ameet **.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

On two separate occasions, 7-eleven overcharged me. It seems like a common trend. The first time, two bags of chips were listed as 2 for $7, but on the receipt they charge 2 for $8. Their excuse is that it doesn't come up in their system. On the second occasion, I was refused a receipt then charged $14.43 for 2 bags of chips listed 2 for $6, and two 2L Pepsi listed 2 for $5. This comes out to 11 plus tax = 12.43. I was overcharged exactly $2. If they are doing this to everyone, then this is illegal. Last two visits, ripped off twice. I will file a complaint to the consumer protection board.

Original review: July 12, 2017

You cannot enter the correct date of birth on app. Their download app for the coffee does not work and no one will respond to calls. You cannot implement the app without the year of your birth but there is no place to enter it unless you scroll back 25 or more years page by page and I do not want to give my home address just to get a free cup of coffee.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I worked as an employee for 7/11 and while I was there as an employee before I was fired I had to deal with a lot of things which didn't make any since I worked overnight in a bad neighborhood where people are killed down here almost every day and robbers are always looking for a opportunity to rob a business and my manager was a real ** towards me.

I worked for the company for a year and six months and never got a raise. I made less than any company that cares for their employees. I now an Assistant Manager at a new company and I only been with the new job three weeks and I'm treated so much better but because of my experience with this company I won't even step foot in another 7/11 ever because of my bad experience as an employee and how this company underpays their employees and all the crap I dealt with from poor Management. The Owners of the business should always retrain their managers and give them classes on how they should treat their employees. Don't show favorites but all employees should be treated the same. Example my boss bonds a girl out of jail for getting arrested for drugs and I asked for a loan so me and my daughter doesn't end up in the street and I get fired.

Every customer that knows me say the same about me. I have awesome Customer Service and I never treated no one different. Everyone got treated the same. I hate this company for everything it stands for. I been underpaid for a year and six months and now I work and make over $17.00 an hour and 7/11 paid me $8.50 and I worked nights for this company. They underpay all their employees and they hire managers who only care about themselves and the location of this business that underpaid me is located in St Petersburg FL 475 34th Street North.

I am a single father with an 10 month old daughter and my manager got mad at me because I took a trip to Washington DC to speak on behalf of single Father and single Mothers with National Healthy Start Association John Hopkins All Children's Hospital doing something positive for our Community and I get fired because what??? I just hope that someone will stand on behalf of those who work for this company because their corporate office in Texas don't seem to care about what's going on around the world at these 7/11 all over the world but everyone is complaining about being underpaid and the Franchisee is making the Corporate look really bad.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I always go to the 7-11 that is right around the corner because of the location 10207 Lake Creek Pkwy Austin Texas. Today 6/27/2017 I visited the store for the things I needed. I noticed their sale decal on the window for the cigarettes that I always buy had been changed. It read buy two packs and save $5.88. When I checked out I noticed the price did not match what they were advertising. I had to literally walk the employee to the front door and show her the sign. She told me, "There must be some kind of mistake. I need to call my manager." Meanwhile the other employee was taking same brand cigarettes and scanning them to see if the difference was on another style. When the first employee got a call back from the manager, I assume he was in disbelief as well and asked the employee to send him a photo of the sign, which she did.

After waiting another 15 minutes for him to call back, the employee ran to the door and pulled the sign down and I was told they would not honor the advertised sale, they would lose money. I asked her for a contact number to call someone else about this, she would not give me any information. I said, "Fine, I can just look it up when I go home." After I got back home, she took it upon herself to remove the cigarettes from my purchase but didn't charge me for them. She never asked me if I wanted them, just took it upon herself to remove them from my purchase altogether. Great Job 7-11, you refusing to honor your advertisement for a lousy $5.88 just lost your company a long time consumer that owns 2 vehicles, smokes and regularly stops there almost every day, costing you sales that exceed $150 weekly. Was it worth it?

Original review: June 18, 2017

I called 7-11 customer support to complain about the Pepsi syrup running out every week. That's when the problem started. The help person did not have a clue what I was talking about. They had never heard of fountain syrup. Also I think the outsourcing of customer support jobs to another country is treason. American dollars should stay in America.

Original review: June 14, 2017

So the store on Broadway and Powers Blvd in Littleton Colorado always have the cigarette e-pin vape pens in you sign up for coupons. Problem most coupons give discounts. I took a coupon in yesterday. You got a pack of American Spirit for $ 3.00. The cashier couldn't get coupon to scan so manually rang it. Here is the problem she only discounted me $ 1.29 when she was supposed to take off $ 3.99. If you can't train the customer service to ring coupons then why put them out. Let the vendors in. Also with all the stores I have visited when you have products that buy one get one or buy one get one less expensive they will not honor this. It is discouraging to even shop at these stores then they talk about customers in their native tongue and yes although not fluent I do understand several languages and one gentleman called me a very gender and racial name that I understood I shot back. My bad but it's ridiculous to have this happen.

Original review: June 4, 2017

Went to 7-11 6/3/2017 at 10 pm. Cashier tried to charge more than the posted price on several items purchased - when confronted he said it was for tax - but the "tax" was over $1 for an approx $5.48 item. There was a $1.49 candy bar and we were charged $1.98. Then at the end of the transaction, he took "his" prices, totaled them, and tax was added on again. We tried to buy ice cream - shouldn't this be non-taxable? Basically the guy was a crook inflating the already high prices - not sure if this is 7-11 business practice or if this employee was skimming the till. This is the second time this has happened to us - people at 7-11 are on vacation and in a hurry so I think they must do this a lot to rip off tourists. We refused to pay and walked out without buying anything.

Original review: June 4, 2017

I purchased Google Play card for $100 only to find that the receipt showing the $100 went into a Green Dot Universal account and I showed the cashier that the item on the receipt wasn't what I paid for and he said "sorry no refunds" and said it's not his problem. What should I do?

Original review: May 10, 2017

Store 36090 at 290 N Capitol in San Jose CA often rings a higher price for items than shown on signage. Clerk now refuses to adjust price at register (often a buy two item special for discounted price). Filled out complaint form on corporate site and no one contacted me. Called corporate customer service number and no response so far.

Original review: May 4, 2017

7-Eleven Store Location: 1000 NE 215 St. County Line Road in Miami Fl.: For a month 7-Eleven store @ 5am in the morning, door is locked. Sign on door (ring bell). When customers ring the bell myself and other customers have to stand outside about 5-10 min. before someone acknowledged me or customers at the store door. On 5-1-17 morning, I came to purchase gas, ring bell. Two of the workers look at me and walk the other way from opening the door. I'm standing outside door waiting patiently for door to open, never open. I left. Went back to my car without purchasing gas.

So I went back on 5-3-17 in the morning. Same thing happen. Ring bell, no one open door. Had to wait for door to open. Luckily a customer open door to leave store. I explain to store clerk it's not the first time I ring doorbell clerks will not open door. Female clerk tells me they have to look out for their safety. I said I have to look out for my safety. Ms. Clerk said the doorbell doesn't work so I have to used my key to knock on door. Q: Why is the door lock @ 5am, your safety should be 24 hr around the clock. Not at 5am only and if you depending on a bell to ring have the bell fixed so you can open door in a timely manner. So your customers don't feel left outside like if you were high school students locking store doors because you don't feel safe or too many people in your store at one time. Thank you.

Original review: April 18, 2017

Cashier is a bully. Tried accusing my 8-year old of stealing a toy he wanted which I told him to put back. He asked him where the toy was he said he put it back. He said, "where is it?" I told him he said he put it back, he said, "well I didn't see him". I told him I know my son. He's a good kid and listens to me. He gave me a look and said, "well I didn't see him". He's rude and disrespectful. He should not be accusing him unless he clearly sees something. I even patted my son down. He had no pockets. Honestly I should have left without our Slurpee but I could see my son felt sad as it was and on Easter too. Train your employees! Who knows maybe he didn't put it back in the right place. You did not see him conceal it! Thanks for traumatizing my son!

Original review: April 13, 2017

Hello, I'm not normally the one to write a review about anyone, but in this case I kind of feel it's necessary. For about a year I've been going to the 7-Eleven/Mobil on Semoran & Hoffner & I love it, the people are very friendly, along with the manager Herman. I'm not quite sure what her name is, but she is a older, heavy set Hispanic woman. I walked in & noticed she was mopping the floor, she rudely said "what do you want?", as I hadn't decided which tobacco product I needed. This is the 2nd rude incident. The first one was over a discussion about the little fidget blocks. She insisted that the product was stupid & had no purpose unless you had a mental issue.

The customer behind me wanted to buy one after hearing how cool I thought they were. He grabbed the product & said that this would be for his brother. She replied by saying "is your brother autistic?", I was honestly shocked. She's always rude, has an attitude & doesn't care how fast or slow the job gets done as long as it's at her own pace. So sorry for such a long review, but I wanted to make sure something like this is addressed.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Store 13646 on Bradley avenue in El Cajon, CA. advertises specials with window stickers and stickers on the cooler doors, but when you get to the register the price is higher. I've brought this to the cashier's attention and they adjust the price, but they it happens again every visit. Today they just flat out refused to adjust the price even though they have a big window sticker by the front door and on the cooler door with the exact product I wanted to buy. Something is seriously wrong with the management and staff at this store.

Original review: April 3, 2017

7-Eleven in Pearl River New York is absolutely disgusting from the parking lot inside the store. It is one of the most disgusting filthy stores I've ever been in and I've called corporate twice. They've done nothing to make the people clean the store up. I will never go back to another 7-Eleven ever again.

Original review: April 1, 2017

Today March 31, 2017 08:40 pm I visited 7 Eleven store number #25245 9715 Central Ave Montclair, CA 91763 to buy 5 cartons of cigarettes as, the clerk was very nice and helpful, showed her my credit card and my driving license then she counted the packs to finalize the purchase as she don't have any full cartons. While we were chatting the owner of the store (First name: **) stepped in and refuse to make the sale as he insist to pay by a debit card or there is no sale. Showed him the credit card and the license again and he still refusing so I ended up giving him the debit card as I found that he was worried but it turned that he was discriminating me by refusing to sell anything whether paying credit, debit or cash and then he called the police. Waited till the police showed up and asked the officer to have the incident reported and he explained that it is a civil matter and he can't help with anything. The incident reported: Montclair, CA incident #**.

Original review: March 30, 2017

3rd shift employee.. rude.. disrespectful.. mean.. and acts like you're putting him out by asking for what you want (such as cigs, or lottery tickets). He yells.. He asks to keep the change of your transaction... and it's very uncomfortable to go there. After 3 times of him yelling... I'm finally done. I've been a customer for 15 years. I would go there after working 3rd shift and buy my cigs and lottery tickets. And now I'm forced to bring my business elsewhere. Your loss. It's too bad... because I was so looking forward to the changing over of 7-11. But the customer service is horrendous on 2nd and 3rd shift.

Original review: March 29, 2017

I've been going to my local 7-11 for some seven years. Over time, I noticed one middle-aged worker take a disdain to me. Perhaps, I asked for cash back too many times in the past even though I always bought something ($1.00 min). Lately, I've been using their indoor ATM the past couple of months, thus bypassing the need for cash back purchases through 7-11's register. This morning however, I just wanted ten dollars cash back and decided to purchase a medium coffee. When asking for the price of coffee since the price was not readily visible, the 7-11 employee shouted the answer to me in disgust and on to say something to his coworker in his native language in a condescending tone.

I got mad but decided to let it go. When I went to pay for the coffee my first card declined. I decided to check my bank app to see what's wrong. The clerk got more annoyed asking what I was doing with my phone, saying he is busy and has lots of things to do. Then he stepped over the line implying I don't have any money on my cards. (Turns out I moved my money to my other debit card which I had on me), not wanting to sell me his coffee, etc... I blew up and finally raised my voice accusing him of being extremely disrespectful, rude, and fostering a hostile environment to shop. Then he attacked my race, saying along the lines that I bring shame to my Asian heritage? Unbelievable.

Original review: March 17, 2017

So the owner of this store will not allow his employees to view their pay stubs and if they ask to see them he threatens to fire them. Also he filled out one of their W forms and then signed their name without them knowing and he also keeps taking money from paychecks and puts it against someone's payroll. I know for certain that payroll has not been used by this person. How can I turn this man in? He is shady and is committing crimes. Someone please help point me in the right direction.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Horrible Service. I think I am being taunted for being gay!! I didn't understand why I am being mistreated in such a way. I complained about an employee and he was instructed to ignore me and not serve me when I come in. The DM said he was reasonably accommodating me! What the hell is that suppose to mean? So I'm not entitled to an opinion, not a say to a bad experience? And the resolution is to hang up the phone on me, tell someone ignore me?

Now after many and I mean many calls I thought for sure that this problem was taken care of, and yet after a few months go by, I am being mistreated by him again, and now the Night Manager is treating me like **. Said his reason was because I tried getting his employee fired, and even if I didn't give him a hard time at all in the 4 years I've known him it didn't matter because I tried getting his employee fired and if I thought he liked serving me, "hell no" and if it was left to him he would kick me out.

I've called the DM and he has been giving me the runaround and continuously lying to me. Hoping I would give up and go away. Having folks call me that don't even hold a position in CS at all, but instead handle finances. I'm called corporate office and yet they have not care enough to help, and instead are more focused on being rude instead of helpful. I've called them in a few short hours about 300x and they continue to keep hanging up the phone. Saying that I was instructed to call up their insurance company? Why would I need to do that? I think they have me confused with someone else but can't seem to get a word out before they hang up the phone. And when I ask to talk to their supervisor they refuse and hang up.

7-Eleven Company Information