1.5/5 (23 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About InterContinental Warranty Company

Intercontinental Warranty Services, also known as IWS, is an extended auto warranty provider with nationwide vehicle protection programs. Though its services are limited to credit union members, it does offer a 60-day trial period, during which you can cancel without penalty. You can make claims through its mobile app.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• 60-day trial period
    • Nationwide protection
    • Affordable rates
    • 24/7 roadside assistance

Cons

• Limited to credit union members
    • Doesn’t accept all vehicles

Bottom Line

IWS offers extended auto warranty contracts for credit union members. It has a wide variety of vehicle protection programs and operates nationwide. Policyholders can file service claims through a mobile app.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

InterContinental Warranty Company Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about InterContinental Warranty Company?

Original review: April 12, 2013

I was convinced by the sales reps at Space Coast Credit Union that this warranty would be for the best. Needless to say, it was a waste of money. They don't send, update information, contact or even care that you have this policy. When I first called Space Coast Credit Union, they sent me to Member Services and the lady told me they had switched to Route 66. She gave me the number and after holding for 20 minutes, the rude lady at Route 66 (I would never recommend buying from them) told me to call Space Coast again.

I just directly called IWS and got another rude lady that acted like I was a complete hassle to her. She then informed me that my policy had expired a year ago, even though I'm still paying for my car. I'm upset at the fact that Space Coast, the people who sold me the warranty, never told me that my policy had expired or it was expiring. I know I made the mistake with purchasing the warranty. It was never used and I wasted a good $1,200 on the policy, but a nice notice about it expiring would have been nice.

Original review: April 2, 2013

I contacted IWS to authorize repairs for a customer’s A/C. The representative informed me the customer had to authorize teardown to determine the cause and extent of repairs. We had already told IWS that the compressor had locked up and required a new comp., drier, and exp. vlv. as well as flushing the system. IWS did not want to replace the drier and exp. vlv. stating also it is not necessary to r/r the drier, even though the compressor manufacturer requires it for warranty. Also, this is South Texas where the humidity is high. I told them we do not operate doing things halfway - it is the right way or not at all. They stated they would contact the contract holder to pick up their vehicle and take it somewhere else. I have contacted the vehicle owner and they feel the same as we do and are going to cancel their contract with IWS.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2012

My son's truck, of which I am a co-owner, had an engine light come on. I checked the code and it called out an EGR valve. I called ICW in advance to make sure we were covered. The young lady said it was eligible for coverage, if that is what caused the engine light. I had it taken to the car dealer because a private shop wouldn't accept the warranty. After it was diagnosed that it did indeed need the EGR valve replaced, we were told that ICW wouldn't cover it. I called the company confused, spoke to the same young lady who repeated that the repair was eligible and said she would check the claim and call me back. I got a call from a gentleman, who informed me that the EGR valve was not a covered item on my policy. I asked why the young lady gave me the wrong information twice and he indicated it must have been the infamous misunderstanding!

Well I understood everything and the young lady understood everything. I think I understand it better now though. Buy a warranty from a new car dealership. They know which ones are good and which ones aren't. I bought one years ago and it paid for a new transmission, no questions asked. It wasn't ICW though. Good luck and I hope this helps you in your decision!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2012

I took my wife's car into the shop because it was shifting funny. The certified Hyundai mechanic said he believed it to be a flywheel problem. I called IWC and the rep. said if it was the flywheel, the warranty would pay for it but if it was the clutch, they would not. I authorized the Hyundai dealership to tear it down so we would know for sure. The flywheel had broken. IWC sent an inspector out and he claims it was from abusive driving. The mechanic did not agree so here I am, left with a $2200 repair bill that this rip off company does not want pay. I only paid $1589 for this warranty that is absolutely not worth the paper it is written on. Therefore, I hereby recommend that you be very wary of these crooks and do not fall for their sales pitch. They suck!

Original review: July 17, 2012

I took the vehicle in due to the fact the voltage meter kept coming on. The dealership couldn't find the problem. After 2 days, it kept coming on several times. The dealer finally found the problem in the alternator charging system. They called the company and gave them a repair order #. The problem was fixed with no delay. All I had to pay was my deductible of $100. Vehicle is fixed. Thanks.

Original review: June 26, 2012

My complaint is towards Intercontinental Warranty Services, Inc (IWS) to repair or replace my engine and water pump damage as stated in my extended warranty coverage contract. My car only has two more payments left on it. It's within the contracts time limitations and mileage limitations. My problem is that I was not aware that my water pump was bad. All I was aware of was a sound that my car was making as I was en route to the repair shop. Immediately as the water pump blew, the car became really sluggish and I was immediately forced to pull the car to the right shoulder. I was not made aware of what happened until I had to get my car towed to the dealership that the water pump was bad. I'm not an auto expert but I knew that the noise did not sound right and I was taking it to get it checked out. My car is my only transportation and I would not knowingly put my car at risk that I wouldn't be able to use it anymore, especially with being so close to having it paid off!

Original review: April 29, 2012

I bought this warranty from the AACU in 2011. When my 2008 BMW X3 began giving me trouble, that’s when IWS showed their true colors. Firstly, they denied paying for windshield washer pump, then left airbag curtain, then the transfer unit actuator and so on. The contract states it pays for transfer unit and internal parts and they still refuse. After involving the BBB, I am being offered to buy back policy prorated at $1,100 when I paid $2,000 for transfer unit actuator and the policy cost me almost $2,000. This company has denied policy. Unfortunately, the credit unions are doing nothing to protect their consumers.

Original review: April 21, 2012

I bought an Intercontinental Warranty Service contract through Centris Federal Credit Union in Omaha. Centris told me it covered everything! I paid $3100.00 for the best contract; it was a four-year contract. After two years, one of the horns on my car went bad. In the contract, it states they cover horns. But when we submitted the work, they rejected it because it might have been water damage. Who would have thought water in the front of the car where the horn is located? This was the third contract I bought through Centris with IWS. This was the first time I tried to use them. After I bought the contract, I got a full copy of the contract in the mail which has all the disclaimers in it. I should have been shown this first because they have an out on everything, including - get this - "nuclear contamination.” I blame Centris for selling a bad contract to the members. They don't look at the product very well. They didn't help me receive a full refund. They told me what it covered, but not all the disclaimers in the contract. I will never use IWS again!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2012

I have been searching for information on several of the best warranty companies for auto repairs and found complaints on them all but does that mean they are all bad? Not necessarily, what I found out was that anyone can file a complaint whether it is legitimate or not. This seems very unfair for a site to allow claims that have not even been verified to be legitimately denied claims or not. I noticed one lady drove her car hot causing it to warp the heads on her engine because she was in a bad neighborhood in a Lincoln? Now how can that be the warranty companies fault? Any of the warranty companies do not have products that give the owners a right to not take care of their vehicles and most policies only covered named components and then they get mad because a failure from a non-covered part caused the a repair bill? I like having your site but please it's not right for people to be able to ruin a company’s reputation without both sides being able to have input. I'm just for being fair.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2012

I bought Ultra Gold Coverage for new cars on 12/10/2007. The car has 73,400 miles and suffered a catastrophic failure in the engine. A lifting rod broke and pierced the engine wall. This is covered per my warranty, but IWS will not authorize the repairs. And there is an outstanding bill at the Dealership for $1200.00 that should be covered as well. The dealer is more honest than the warranty company! I paid cash up front for this coverage and expect it to be worth something! All I want is my car to be fixed, but now I'm going to have to sue.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2011

I purchased a 6-year warranty plan with IWS. This was done in July 2007. I have never had to use this warranty. Two weeks ago, a tire sensor steam broke when I was airing tire up. It was just enough to let air escape. The dealer wants $200 to replace the sensor on my Nissan Titan. This should have been covered on my warranty with IWS. They refuse to pay since it was not an electrical or mechanical problem. The tire sensor cannot be used if it will not hold air. This sensor is hooked to a computer on my Nissan titan. I’m guessing by looking at other complaints that this policy is useless.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2011

I was driving my car one day and the car cuts off and the engine lights came on. I noticed that the temperature gauge was on ''H'' so I put some water and anti-freeze in it and and drove it to the nearest place which is my mom's house. I had it towed to the dealership and told me that my thermostat made my head gasket blow and I call the warranty. But they told me they're not going to cover it since they don't cover the thermostat. The dealership told me that I would need to put a used motor in it and they denied my claim.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2011

I had a warranty with IWS that expired. I didn't notice it until my power steering pump went out and I had to pay for those repairs myself. I then went and purchase another warranty from IWS (3,000 mi) later.

Three hundred miles after purchasing that warranty, my oil cooler burst and the cost for repairs was $3,700 and IWS denied the cost because they said it was a pre-existing condition. I told them if it is pre-existing, then it should be covered under the previous warranty. They said that warranty expired and doesn't count anymore.

I am preparing to take them to court.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2011

My bank, AACU, recommended this extended warranty company when I bought both my cars. My truck is now broken and they refused to cover the expenses. They told me they will not cover the repairs on my truck since there was contamination of fluids, lubricants, corrosion, carbon, etc. around the engine. The mechanic stated there is no way a vehicle will run correctly, if any of the above is not present around the engine. He said every car on the road, new or used will have either one or the other listed above at one point or another.

The mechanic stated, it is unfortunate as they get many customers with this same problem on a daily basis. I spoke with a supervisor before Christmas and he stated they would not cover the repairs and to refer to the clause in the contract of what is not covered. I am sick of companies like this taking advantage of people when it comes to repairs. Now, I do not have the possible means of paying over a thousand dollars for the repairs of my truck. For specific details, please call me at ** or email me at **.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2010

The radiator on my Acura began to leak one month before the warranty service contract was due to expire. I had the leak repaired and submitted the related documents to an Intercontinental Warranty Services address in Florida as instructed. About 10 days later, I received a denial form letter from the address and individual shown above. The policy price was $1552.00, replacement of radiator was $918.02.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2010

We bought a 100% money back guarantee service warranty policy from them when we purchased a new 2003 travel trailer back in Feb 7, 2003. This warranty would have covered any repairs needed for a period of 7 years. If we did not use it, (which we didn't) we were promised in writing (contract and all), we would be entitled to a full refund, which is $1900.00. We are trying to get our refund and we find out this company has file bankruptcy and the dealer Tex-All Boat & RV in Texas where we bought the trailer says they can't help us because this company owes them money as well. Did we missed out on the filing deadline, we just find out since we had to wait 7 years to claim our money. We feel we were scammed out of $1900, had we needed repair during the 7 years, they would have not paid anyway. Please help us file a claim. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2010

Second complaint about this company in 3 months. I purchased IWS's extended warranty, their "Gold Plan" for an extended 24,000 miles over and above the 46,000 miles my vehicle had on it when I purchased it 2nd hand. I paid $1,850 for this coverage and the "Peace of Mind" (or so I thought). My vehicle is a 2004 VW Touareg V6.

A module in my tire pressure sensor system stopped working and needed to be replaced. Cost was about $800. They told me it wasn't covered even though most other extended warranties cover the tire pressure monitoring systems since most high end vehicles now come with one form of tire pressure monitoring system or another.

During my last encounter with IWS, they covered only half the total cost (Total cost $1,000) of replacing one of the two fuel pumps in my vehicle even though the parts and labor were covered under their warranty. They said the dealer was overcharging me for the labor. Funny thing is that my dealership showed me an invoice for the same repairs on another vehicle which they showed was covered in full by another extended warranty company.

Do not do business with IWS Warranty Services. These folks are crooks who will find any way they can not to cover you when you need it most. When you buy a used car, check with your dealer where you intend to service it, which warranty company they have the least problems with and buy it if you really feel you need it. No damages but the repairs cost me about $800 for something that is normally covered by extended warranties.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2009

I was taught a long time ago not to purchase extended warranties but the refund aspect of this warranty seemed like it had little risk. But, it is in fact a rip-off in every sense. Please, if you are considering purchasing it, do not. You will lose your $1,000. My credit union has dropped them due to all the complaints. You need to keep the car 7 years (but the warranty is not for 7 years) but it never says the words 7 years; it says terms. After the 7 terms, you had better have your paperwork handy because you only have 30 days to cash in. So if you have a perfect 7-year memory, fair play. Though they say it covers everything your original warranty covers, they are lying and will tell you so, as soon as you try to use it. All explained in their 4-page, small print, legal-sized document. Just don't buy it. It is a scam, and legal at that.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2009

I purchased an extended warranty from Intercontinental Warranty Services (IWS) in July 2008 for my 2004 VW Touareg V-6 at the same time I purchased my car. I purchased it used with about 46,000 miles. I purchased the extended warranty, their so called Gold Warranty for an extended 24,0000. About 1 1/2 years later, my car's engine would just lose power and I had to have the car towed in to the VW dealership. They diagnosed the car as having a defective left-side fuel pump (there are two fuel pumps in this car) and they had to remove both, test which one was defective, replace the faulty pump and reinstall both back into the car. The total time for the diagnosis and repair was 5.5 hours and the cost came to $948 for labor and parts. IWS only agreed to pay for 3.1 hours. Along with labor and parts, they agreed to pay only $548. VW told me that they come across this all the time with 3rd party warranty services. I sure learned my lesson i.e. DO NOT PURCHASE 3RD PARTY WARRANTIES. Buy your extended warranty through your dealer once you make sure its accepted at all other dealerships in case you get relocated. My Credit Union, which financed my car and warranty, has also stopped doing business with IWS because of numerous complaints. After all, what's the use of such a warranty if you end up coughing up $100's in addition to the $100 deductible???

Original review: Nov. 12, 2009

I purchased a 2003 Chevy silverado Pickup that was lifted from a dealer in Colorado in 2004. The truck was 1 year old and I purchased an extended warranty at the same time from InterContinental Warranty Services. in 2009 on a trip 1000 milers away from home my transmission started to fail so I brought it to AAMCO since it was identified as a selected repair location by InterContinental. They started by first approving the repair but within an hour they called the repair shop back to cancel the work. They stated that since the pickup had larger than stock tires that it had exceeded the 100,000 miles covered by the policy. They took the stance that for the past 80,000 miles I had been driving the truck with the speedometer being wrong based on the truck having larger tires than stock so the odometer must be incorrect also. After many hours of my research I was able to prove the truck was originally sold from the chevy dealership with the lift kit and larger tires (after hours of research and calling them back east). They still contended that I had to have proof that the speedometer was recalibrated to prove was was correct all these years. I was able to produce the sales person and phone number that sold me the truck and he specifically remembers the truck being lifted with larger tires then. He also knows the odometer was validated correct for sale as required in Colorado with the larger tires. BUT after all the research and proof that the truck was not modified and tha that the odometer was correct their supervisor just told me they are denying my claim because the truck was modified?? Its pretty clear that they had no intention of covering the repair and were just looking for an excuse to not pay. And when I was able to provide all the bazaar info they asked for then they just took the generic stance of the truck being modified even though it really was originally sold this way. they even went so far as to say its impossible to recalibrate the 2003 pickups when its not. so har far can these companies take the 'modified' excuse? A different brand of tire?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2009

my transfer case went out on my 2004 Olds Bravada and I took my car to an authorized dealer to get it fixed. They denied it and made me take it to another place that was further from my home. The next day I was informed by the repair man that they would only put a used part in my car that had 180000 miles on it, my car only has 72000 miles, so more than twice the mileage on this part. They would not guarantee that it would be an effective or non-defective part and I had to deal with it. I have to now pay out of pocket, when they should have paid to properly fix the vehicle to have the part rebuilt, which is what their contract states. They refuse to pay any more than the used, garbage costs so I am screwed into paying for it.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2009

I paid my vehicle off. When I took my loan out with the above mentioned warranty, I was told that if I did not use the warranty that I would be reimbursed $1200. On 08/10/09, I called InterContinental to ask about my refund. Two days later, I received a voice message from Chilla stating that my warranty expired on 06/02/09 and that I should have called by 07/02/09. Since I did not, they would not refund my money. At no time did I receive anything from them stating that my warranty was about to expire. I took this loan out 4 years ago. I told this to them. They stated I should have remembered or written it down somewhere, like they sell 4 year calendars. When I took the loan out, all I was told was that when I paid off my vehicle that I would get the $1200 refund. I was not told about any expiration date.

I feel that my hard-earned money was stolen from me. I paid this in good faith and maintained the upkeep of my vehicle, thus resulting in not having to use the warranty. I feel that my money needs to be returned to me in full. This is my money, not theirs. I lived up to my end of the warranty but I feel that they have stolen my money from me under false pretenses. I also feel that I took this warranty out in good faith and feel that a check should have been sent to me automatically.

Original review: April 29, 2009

On 3/21/07, I purchased an extended warranty through Intercontinental Warranty Services. My account # is 4553131899. I purchased this through my banking establishment, RCU,who maintained that this was a legitimate, trustworthy warranty. I paid $1,215.36 for a 36 month warranty on my 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix. I purchased the Ultra Gold Coverage for New Cars because I was advised by RCU, that as I had a sun roof, I needed the coverage for that also. At the time, I had 35,000 miles on my car. Approximately a year later, my 'Gas Cap" light came on. When it did not shut off after filling the tank, on my next car service, I told them about it. I also gave them the number of the warranty service. It turned out that I had a gas cap sensor that was faulty. My mechanic, at Tom's Chevorlet in Cornell, WI. (715)239-6244, called IWS (Intercontinental Warranty Services) and both of us expected them to cover this item (around $100). They told him it wasn't covered. Last week, my sun roof wouldn't open. I had used it earlier in the day, and it had worked perfectly. When I took the car to again, Tom's Chevrolet, their head mechanic, Dan, checked it and said that the module was bad. I, again, gave him the number for IWS. When he told them the problem, they told him that they did not warranty the module, just the motor on the sunroof. These are the only 2 times that I have used this warranty in 2 years. Both times I was told that the problem wasn't covered. My warranty clearly states that the 'Ultra Gold' covers enhanced electrical including sunroof wiring harness. I feel that I have been totally ripped off, and that they are just like the big banking companies. I would appreciate it if you could look into this. My mechanic stated it would cost me almost $800 for the part, plus labor which would include pulling off almost the entire roof. I felt when I bought this warranty, and paying that kind of money, that I would have someone I could count on. I am a single, non-married person, just trying to keep my head above water. I know nothing about vehicles, and depend on a warranty; depend on my vehicle to get me to work, etc. My vehicle has been faithfully service every 3,000 miles. The vehicle is in excellent condition, other that the sun roof. Thanking you in advance. Nancy M. Spaeth

Original review: April 6, 2009

I represent a local dealership in Union Grove, WI. On March 23, 2009, I called IWS on behalf of a customer and was told the repairs in question would be covered. However, I was to make sure to measure ball joints and replace only if spec. was out, according to Dodge. On April 3rd, we measured ball joints and they did not meet replacement specs. and we went ahead with only one other repair as it was said to be a covered repair. After finishing repair, we called for final authorization # - approx. $1000 less than original estimate - and then we were told they needed to inspect the vehicle before repairs were made. If we would have been told of this inspection prior, we would not have made an appointment for Friday repair as they also need 24-48 hours to complete inspections. After many phone contacts, they still won't approve payment. Also, they will not go back on the taped phone conversations to verify that no mention of inspection was made.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2008

I purchased an extended warranty with a guaranteed refund with my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac in OCT 2003. The truck has been great and I have had no call to use the warranty. The contract was for five years and at the end I would receive the premium back minus a fee for the service. The contract gives the customer 30 days past the final date to obtain a refund request form. Unfortunately, I made the request 35 days past the end of the contract. The company doesn't allow for a prorated refund, nor do they send reminder notices as the due date approaches. John was unable or unwilling to tell me what percentage of their customers end up giving the company free money at the end of their contract period.

Original review: May 23, 2008

Beware of the Guaranteed Price Refund (GPR) for having no claims on your warranty during the coverage period. Anyone considering buying their policy with the GPR make sure you mark your calendar for the expiration date, you only have 30 days to make your claim for your full refund or you loose it. On 05/23/2008 checked my policy noticed it expired 02/25/2008 called to claim refund and was told claim period had expired 30 days after the expiration date and therefore unable to reclaim the GPR of $1228.00. OTHERS BEWARE OF THE 30 DAY CLAIM PERIOD IN ORDER TO BE REIMBURSED YOUR GPR. Lesson learned and will never buy another InterContinental Warranty Plan.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2008

Purchased an extended warranty with vehicle ( 1999 Isuzu Vehicross suv ) on Feb 18 2007, in Dec. developed severe noise and vibration. Local Isuzu dealer diagnosed spun bearing on # 1 piston as problem requiring new engine. After much delay warranty co. sent an inspector to examine car.their report indicated abuse as cause for breakdown citing mud in the radiator webbing, a tow strap in the cab and a tow hitch on the back of car.Their conclusion was the car must have been used extensively off road in mud, and this abuse caused failure ,so they would not cover replacement.

1. I never took the car off road except to launch small boat at public boat ramps( some muddy ). This also required tow strap and trailer hitch.
    2. The service rep at dealer said that this so called abuse in no way caused the failure.
    3. I hired a certified independant appraiser who examined the car and also determined that the so called abuse in no way caused the failure. And that the small amount of mud didn't even indicate any amount of off road useage.
    4. Searching on line, I've found testimonials of owners of the same engine having the same bearing failure.

5. I have tried to reason with the warranty co. both by phone and certified mail with no sucess, their only reply was to try to return my premium, which I blocked.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2008

I am currently fighting with my warranty company. I own a 2005 Mustang GT. About 2 1/2 weeks ago, my transmission starting having issues at 51k miles. The car would not go into 2nd gear when in motion. I contacted Ford about this problem, and they said that this was a known problem on some of the 2005 Mustangs. There was not a recall, but my extended warranty should cover it. I contacted Intercontinental Warranty, and they had me take my car to the nearest dealer. Upon inspection at the dealership, they told my warranty company that this was exactly what the problem was. Intercontinental required that they pull the transmission before any repairs would be approved. After breakdown of the transmission, the mechanic AGAIN told Intercontinental that the synchronizers were bad. The warranty company sent out an inspector FOUR times, and he denied coverage of the repairs--stating that it was negligence or abuse of the car. The mechanic has stated that he is full of it. There is nothing more than normal wear and tear for a car of this mileage. After inspection by a completely DIFFERENT mechanic, he stated the same thing. NORMAL wear and tear.

After being at the dealership for 2 weeks now, I contacted the company again. This time, after reporting to the BBB and Intercontinental again (stating that I had contacted BBB and was willing to involve a lawyer if need be), I received a phone call from Jerry Tomkin. This time, he offered me a generous $1000.00 towards the repair with a used transmission that had 10k miles on it, but would not pay the entire repair--this time stating that he preferred to speak with women because they listen better. (I took it to mean that they are more likely to believe what they are being told and will allow someone to walk all over them.) He also told me that I should take this offer because my bumper to bumper warranty did not cover this, and he was helping me out. He also gave me his personal cell phone number (that he doesn't normally give out) for any questions I might have. I am assuming this is to try and gain my trust. Ha! Try again bub! I will settle for no less than this repair being fully covered by the warranty company. This is absolutely the WORST extended warranty company I have ever dealt with. I have owned two other vehicles that had extended warranty, and there were no questions asked on ANY warranty work.

I am still battling the warranty company. My car has been in the shop going on its 3rd week. If I have to cover this repair out of pocket, I intend to take it to court--not only for the repairs, but lawyer fees, court costs and any time I have had to miss work for lack of transportation. I cannot rely on catching rides to work everyday and do not have the extra cash lying around for a rental car.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2008

In April, 2003, I purchased a car from my credit union, and they offered an extended warranty that could be purchased as the car was used and the original warranty was not valid. The warranty as explained to me came with a GPR (Guaranteed Price Refund) for an additional cost. The GPR as explained would refund my purchase cost minus the tax if I did not use it before the car reached 100,000 miles OR April, 2008. I recently paid the car off and requested my refund, as I had 105324 on the car and had never used the warranty plan. IWS denied my request as the coverage period had not expired. They claimed this information was in the endorsement I received at the time of purchase. I advised them the only documentation I received was a declaration page which I submitted showing the coverage period of mileage or a date.

This company is withholding my refund and refuses to issue my funds for reasons which cannot be explained. I did not receive any other documents; the credit union has none on file, as they pulled the microfilm of the original purchase in an effort to locate this mysterious document. The credit union has no record of the document and have attempted to assist me in retaining my refund, however their attempts have been refused as mine have, also. My car was 5324 miles past the 100,000 point so they can offer no assistance should my car malfunction, yet they fail to refund my money. I have been advised the GPR is no longer offered by IWS which affirms my constant issue.

I have suffered an economicial loss as my refund is being withheld, and I no faith it will be issued at all. I have tried to contact Marathon Financial Insurance Co. brokerage professionals who were backing IWS, and the phone number provided in my documentation has been disconnected.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2007

Well My car had Engine Problems... The repair facility called the warranty and told them what was wrong with the engine! The warranty svc then asked for the dealer to do further investigation as to why the engine failed. Once that was done, The technician called inter and told them several possible causes! When i called the warranty svc to see the status of repair! They told me that the Tech told him it was due to Carbon Buildup! which was not even what the tech told him caused it cuz i later spoke with the tech! they choose the cause that wasnt covered and said that was the cause!

InterContinental Warranty Company Company Information